ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2013-2014 Official NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275118)

Al Bundy 08-06-2013 04:40 PM

2013-2014 Official NBA Thread

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...4-nba-schedule

With the Schedule released today, I figured it would be a good time to start the thread.

The NBA released its 2013-2014 schedule on Tuesday in a televised special on NBATV alongside a release on NBA.com and its team websites.

The season kicks off Tuesday, October 29th as Miami hosts the Chicago Bulls in Derrick Rose's expected return to the court. Then it's the Battle of LA as the Lakers host the Clippers. It could be the return of Kobe Bryant from his Achilles injury he suffered last spring, and will be the regular season debut of Doc Rivers as the Clippers' newest head coach.

It's a massive gamble by the NBA, considering Rose's struggles returning from his ACL injury suffered in the 2012 playoffs and Bryant's more recent Achilles surgery. If those players were to miss the opening night, it's going to make for a very underwhelming opening night of basketball, regardless of the markets involved for ratings.

Opening week continues on Thursday with the Bulls hosting the Knicks in what is likely to be Rose's return to the United Center in the regular season. The Knicks will be on a back to back, opening the season on Wednesday vs. the Bucks. Thursday night the revamped Warriors visit the Clippers, who are clearly the hot team, with two national appearances in the first three days.

Opening week concludes Friday with the Nets' home opener vs. the Heat, followed by another Lakers home game, this time vs. the defending Western Conference Champion San Antonio Spurs.

On the NBA's biggest regular season day, Christmas Day, starts with the Nets hosting Chicago, followed by the scoring-champ rematch of Carmelo Anthony vs. Kevin Durant as the Thunder visit Madison Square Garden to face the Knicks. Then in the main event, the Heat play the Lakers at Staples Center. Dwight Howard joins the Christmas fun as the Rockets travel to San Antonio to face the Spurs. And in the night cap, the Clippers visit Oracle Arena to take on Steph Curry and the Warriors.

Monday, January 20th continues the NBA's tradition of making Martin Luther King Jr. Day a huge basketball event, with four games on the schedule. Brooklyn travels across the bridge to take on the Knicks at Madison Square Garden, followed by the Grizzlies hosting the Pelicans, the Lakers taking on the Bulls at the United Center, and the Pacers facing the Warriors in the bay to cap off the night.

The Lakers first meet Dwight Howard on November 13th in Houston, and again on January 14th. They first host Howard at Staples Center on February 19th, and again on April 8th.

The NBA Finals rematches occur on January 26th in Miami and March 6th in San Antonio. Will Gregg Popovich rest his starters? It's not a back to back, as the Spurs face Atlanta on the 24th, but it is in the middle of a three-game road trip.

Despite the departure of Dwight Howard, the Lakers keep the max number of nationally televised (non-NBA TV) games in the league at 25, tied with the Knicks and Heat. The Clippers have 21 nationally televised games, while the defending Western Champs, the Spurs, only have 15. The Bulls jump to 24 national games, with the league banking on Rose's return to carry audiences. The Thunder also feature on national TV 24 times.

Houston, with newly-signed Dwight Howard and James Harden, feature 20 games on national television, a pretty low number given the star power. The Mavericks won the NBA title in 2011, and now have just eight national TV appearances. The Warriors meanwhile jump to 17 games, while Eastern Conference finalist Indiana only appears 10 time next season. To put that in perspective, the Denver Nuggets appear 13 times.

The rest of the schedule is at the link.

KevB 10-23-2013 11:46 PM

Looks like DRose is back in full force, and he's brought his jumper with him.

TLO 10-24-2013 12:03 AM

NBA sucks. /thread

KevB 10-24-2013 12:05 AM

My very early predictions for the season:

West
1. Clippers (depth and Doc allow for excellent regular season)
2. Spurs (consumate pro organization, Leonard emerges as front line guy)
3. Rockets (very dangerous if perimeter guys all pan outParsons/Caspi/Garcia)
4. Grizzlies (still good, but transitioning a bit as ZBo ages)
5. OKC (will struggle without Westbrook, but experience helps young guys)
6. GSW (Most fun team to watch in the league)
7. New Orleans (Davis about to become a star, added lots of talent)
8. TWolves (Love and Rubio healthy for full season)

OKC vs. Spurs in West Finals, with OKC prevailing (Big 3 on a mission, and young guys contribute just enough to get past the Spurs)

East
1. Bulls (Thibs will drive this team hard - Rose back and Butler emerged)
2. Heat (biding time until playoffs)
3. Pacers (very solid team, can they be elite?)
4. Nets (who knows how this plays out)
5. Knicks (not enough horses to get into top 4)
6. Cleveland (youth matures and becomes playoff team)
7. Atlanta (solid group, bottom of East is poor)
8. Washington (best of the remaining mediocre to terrible East teams)

Bulls vs. Heat in East Finals, Bulls win (Heat just worn down after 3 seasons of deep runs)

OKC vs. Bulls, with Bulls edging them in 7 (OKC weakness in the middle and lack of depth is their undoing)

KevB 10-24-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10118810)
NBA sucks. /thread

Thanks so much for taking the time to contribute

Hammock Parties 10-24-2013 12:11 AM

Sure, underestimate the Mavs.

This is at least a 6 seed.

Adding Monta Ellis is gonna be huge.

-King- 10-24-2013 12:16 AM

Bulls/Heat game 1.

Starting off pretty epic.

-King- 10-24-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10118810)
NBA sucks. /thread

And yet this thread will have more action that all MLB and NHL threads combined.

L.A. Chieffan 10-24-2013 12:20 AM

Pistons will be better than most people think, Dallas is old, Atlanta is overrated, and GSW is way underrated.

TLO 10-24-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10118832)
And yet this thread will have more action that all MLB and NHL threads combined.

It sure got of to a roaring start... posted 8/6, first reply on 10/24. LMAO

L.A. Chieffan 10-24-2013 12:22 AM

Season hasn't started yet.

-King- 10-24-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10118840)
It sure got of to a roaring start... posted 8/6, first reply on 10/24. LMAO

:spock: Season starts in 5 days.

The playoff thread alone last year got 7000+ replies. More than any non Royals/Cardinals baseball thread and more than all NHL threads on this site combined.

TLO 10-24-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10118841)
Season hasn't started yet.

True. But we keep the Royals thread pretty lively year round, and the Royals have sucked ass since before I was born. :)

Just a personal interest thing. I can sit and watch an NBA game, just prefer college basketball.

TLO 10-24-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10118852)
:spock: Season starts in 5 days.

Cool.

Chiefs=Champions 10-24-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10118826)

Alex Smith will hold them back.

Chiefs=Champions 10-24-2013 12:34 AM

As a Celtics fan, im not really sure what i want out of this season. Worsen for Wiggins?

L.A. Chieffan 10-24-2013 12:36 AM

Brad Stevens was a good hire. Rondo will be gone by the end of the year, which team will he go to?

KC_Connection 10-24-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10118854)
Just a personal interest thing. I can sit and watch an NBA game, just prefer college basketball.

The product that is college basketball is pretty terrible in comparison to the NBA (and this is from somebody who has had a Mario Chalmers/Kansas avatar here for 5+ years now).

Ceej 10-24-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10118882)
The product that is college basketball is pretty terrible in comparison to the NBA (and this is from somebody who has had a Mario Chalmers/Kansas avatar here for 5+ years now).

Both games have it, but to me, the prima donnas run ****ing wild in the NBA.

*dribbles ball*

*goes up for a layup with nobody around*

*misses layup and yells HEY for all the world to hear*

kcxiv 10-24-2013 02:57 AM

What Prima Donnas run the NBA? The only one that gets fouls called all the ****ing time now days is Lebron. You cant breathe on him. Its to be expected though, he's the face of the NBA right now. He's in that Tom Brady-Peyton Manning class.

If they feel they get hit, they will say something, but the rules now days prevent players from saying anything to the ref's now days. Now days, you get T'ed up quick. They dont **** around. Refs can be really bad, but we see that in Football and Baseball Alot too, its just how it is.

NBA is a fun game right now even with my Lakers sucking ass. Its gonna be a fun season. Alot of solid teams this year. So much talent out there its insane.

KevB 10-24-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10118826)

Who in the top 6 would you replace with the Mavs? None of them. Once you get to the 7/8 spots, Dallas is absolutely in that conversation. They were the first team out for me. Definite upgrade at both guard positions, but the reliance on Dalembert in the middle is a concern.

I like New Orleans this year as a sneaky playoff team. I think Anthony Davis emerges as a star. Holliday is a nice young PG. Gordon is healthy for the time being. Ryan Anderson is a nice fit as a stretch four. Tyreke coming off the bench as the 2nd unit's primary scorer is a great fit for him.

I think Minnesota edges into the 8th spot. Rubio and Love are healthy. Pek has established himself as a solid center. Kevin Martin is a nice fit at the 2 for them and Brewer was a decent pickup as an energy guy.

Al Bundy 10-25-2013 05:41 PM

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 10m

Y! Sources: Golden State, Andrew Bogut agree on 3-year, $36 million deal that could reach $42M with incentives.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-25-2013 06:48 PM

ROSE IS BACK!

And it won't matter. We need another star to compliment him. It's like a broken record but the front office won't address it. The season is gonna end in disappointment again, just watch.

okcchief 10-25-2013 10:10 PM

Very impressed with Steven Adams in the preseason. If he isnt getting backup center minutes at minimum to start the season I'm going to lose my god damn mind. He's what this team has been sorely lacking.

Lamb shows flashes, but needs confidence.

It would help greatly if they could add a veteran 3 point shooter or 2 along the way.

The whole season depends on Westbrook's health. I pretty much agree with Kev that they will be a mid seed that should be a lot better when the playoffs start. Should be interesting in thr West. Too many questions to have a good feel of where OKC winds up.

Oh, and **** Scott Brooks.....

RustShack 10-25-2013 11:42 PM

Cleveland is so loaded now... If Bynum is expected be be back December but there's a chance he could come back earlier. He's participating in practice some and if he's healthy again it's game over.

Tristan Thompson could average a double double. Really hopping Dion Waiters busts out at SG this year. Added Anthony Bennett #1 this year, also Varejao and Zeller at C. Added Jarrett Jack and Earl Clark. Drafted a SF/SG who's supposed to be an elite three point shooter.

Playoffs!

KevB 10-28-2013 12:36 AM

If anybody is looking for a fantasy league I set up, you can join at the link:

Yahoo fantasy b'ball league

Just need 1 more team, then I can stop spamming this thread

mcaj22 10-28-2013 06:41 AM

i cannot believe the Wizards traded for the Polish Hammer.

gave up a first round pick in one of the deepest drafts

The Bad Guy 10-28-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10133446)
i cannot believe the Wizards traded for the Polish Hammer.

gave up a first round pick in one of the deepest drafts

It's protected I think.

Not an awful deal.

TEX 10-28-2013 09:49 AM

I think the Rockets win the West. They're solid and VERY deep. Especially at the 5. They might not have the most talented starting 5 (but they are very good), but their roster is solid top to bottom. If they stay healthy, they can win it all.

And after they do, it will be one of those deals where "folks in the know" will be saying that they should have seen it coming when you take a good look at their roster.

ChiefsCountry 10-28-2013 10:23 AM

Wade is getting #4 this year. Hope the rest of you enjoy the show.

Molitoth 10-28-2013 10:27 AM

Rose is a douche.

saphojunkie 10-28-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10133783)
I think the Rockets win the West. They're solid and VERY deep. Especially at the 5. They might not have the most talented starting 5 (but they are very good), but their roster is solid top to bottom. If they stay healthy, they can win it all.

And after they do, it will be one of those deals where "folks in the know" will be saying that they should have seen it coming when you take a good look at their roster.

I tend to think that you need the starting five to take down a conference. We will see which Dwight they get.

I don't see how they're going to beat the Clippers.

1. Clippers.
2. Spurs
3. Thunder
4. Rockets
5. Wolves
6. Warriors
7. Pelicans
8. Grizzlies

That's how I see the west ranked right now. I could be totally wrong, but I've never liked Memphis and I just don't see how Dallas keeps up this year.

I know I have OKC high, but Durant is the second best player in the world right now, and I refuse to put him lower than third.

mcaj22 10-28-2013 10:55 AM

the Griz from 3rd to 8th?

I dont know about that

saphojunkie 10-28-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10134003)
the Griz from 3rd to 8th?

I dont know about that

Me neither, but I tend to favor star power and I just don't have that much faith in Zach Randolf and Gasolito. They seem like overlapping talents, and I just don't see how they keep up with scoring.

okcchief 10-28-2013 11:31 AM

Kev, My phone tripped out and I joined 3 times somrhow. Delete 2 of those please:)

mcaj22 10-28-2013 01:17 PM

I had to look since my favorite team just got the Polish Hammer but here are the Suns picks for next years draft class

Pick #1: Their own.

Pick #2: Minnesota Timberwolves, top-13 protected. Acquired in a July 2012 three-team trade that sent Robin Lopez and Hakim Warrick to New Orleans.

Pick #3: Indiana Pacers, top-14 protected. Acquired in a July 2013 trade that sent Luis Scola to Indiana.

Pick #4: Washington Wizards, top-12 protected. Acquired in a trade last week that sent Marcin Gortat to Washington.

Assuming all those teams make the playoffs they will have their own high pick and then a bunch of picks in the teens.

RustShack 10-28-2013 01:21 PM

LeBron is coming home after this year.

KevB 10-28-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 10134106)
Kev, My phone tripped out and I joined 3 times somrhow. Delete 2 of those please:)

Will do, thanks

We need 3 more owners to get to 10

L.A. Chieffan 10-28-2013 02:41 PM

I signed up

Al Bundy 10-28-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10133906)
I tend to think that you need the starting five to take down a conference. We will see which Dwight they get.

1. Clippers.
2. Spurs
3. Thunder
4. Rockets
5. Wolves
6. Warriors
7. Pelicans
8. Grizzlies

That's how I see the west ranked right now. I could be totally wrong, but I've never liked Memphis and I just don't see how Dallas keeps up this year.

I know I have OKC high, but Durant is the second best player in the world right now, and I refuse to put him lower than third.

The Warriors going to finish 4th at least.

TEX 10-28-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10133906)

1. Clippers.
2. Spurs
3. Thunder
4. Rockets
5. Wolves
6. Warriors
7. Pelicans
8. Grizzlies

I hear you and agree to a point but Houston's 5 is nothing to balk at. They are L-O-A-D-E-D top to bottom. They'll beat the Clippers because they can play a variety of ways. They can play with BIGS and be VERY BIG or smalls and be VERY quick. They are very deep. The key was keeping Omar Asik when they signed Howard. They also kept Brooks, Beverly and Lin and can be lightening quick with Howard as the sole Big when they run smalls.

Regarding Howard - Olajuwon has been working with him and he "gets it" thus far. I'm betting Good Howard came to play in Houston. If so - they'll leap to the top of the West.

KC_Connection 10-28-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10133884)
Wade is getting #4 this year. Hope the rest of you enjoy the show.

Can he do a bit more in the playoffs this time around? Would make it easier on a certain potential GOAT.

KC_Connection 10-28-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10133318)

In.

KevB 10-28-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10134974)
I hear you and agree to a point but Houston's 5 is nothing to balk at. They are L-O-A-D-E-D top to bottom. They'll beat the Clippers because they can play a variety of ways. They can play with BIGS and be VERY BIG or smalls and be VERY quick. They are very deep. The key was keeping Omar Asik when they signed Howard. They also kept Brooks, Beverly and Lin and can be lightening quick with Howard as the sole Big when they run smalls.

Regarding Howard - Olajuwon has been working with him and he "gets it" thus far. I'm betting Good Howard came to play in Houston. If so - they'll leap to the top of the West.

A lot of assumptions here. McHale is going to try to play Howard and Asik together....I don't see it. Both lane cloggers, both terrible free throw shooters, neither a good passer out of the post. You're also assuming Howard is ever going to be healthy enough to be the Howard of old. His attitude gets the press, but he never looked as explosive last year as he did in Orlando. Back injuries can take it out of you.

Lin/Beverly/Brooks are all decent players, but all three probably stretched as starting PG's. Harden is a quasi PG though, so he masks the PG problem a bit. Garcia and Casspi should be decent wing shooters, but Casspi has looked good before and then disappeared during the season.

Parsons is good, I expect more of the same from him this season.

It would be really big if T. Jones or Montiejunas stepped up to become serious players at the 4 --- that could change the game for them.

I'm excited to watch this team.

dirk digler 10-29-2013 07:20 AM

I am excited for the season to start and I was going to make all kinds of predictions but the other night I saw Oden highlights and figured why bother. If he stays healthy and that is a big if the Heat are going to 3-peat. Of course that depends on Lebron staying healthy as well which I fully expect him to be and I expect him to be even better this year.

I will make one prediction in that I think the MVP will be Derrick Rose. We all know Lebron is the best player in the world but I think if Rose plays like he has in the preseason I think he will win it.

As far as my Celtics go it is going to be a long season but I think they will compete for a playoff spot if Rondo comes back early enough.

Shogun 10-29-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10137179)
I am excited for the season to start and I was going to make all kinds of predictions but the other night I saw Oden highlights and figured why bother. If he stays healthy and that is a big if the Heat are going to 3-peat. Of course that depends on Lebron staying healthy as well which I fully expect him to be and I expect him to be even better this year.

I will make one prediction in that I think the MVP will be Derrick Rose. We all know Lebron is the best player in the world but I think if Rose plays like he has in the preseason I think he will win it.

As far as my Celtics go it is going to be a long season but I think they will compete for a playoff spot if Rondo comes back early enough.

Yep. Unfortunately. I'd rather us tank the whole year and get in the lottery but whatever is fine, Its gonna be a tough year of watching but it will be fun to see some of the young guys develop and grow. I think Rondo will be ahead of schedule and once he comes back, We'll go as far as he can take us. And I have a good feeling that Most improved player of the year is going to go to Mr. Jeff Green.

KC native 10-29-2013 07:31 AM

GO SPURS GO!

tecumseh 10-29-2013 07:39 AM

Pacers take the East.

dirk digler 10-29-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 10137185)
Yep. Unfortunately. I'd rather us tank the whole year and get in the lottery but whatever is fine, Its gonna be a tough year of watching but it will be fun to see some of the young guys develop and grow. I think Rondo will be ahead of schedule and once he comes back, We'll go as far as he can take us. And I have a good feeling that Most improved player of the year is going to go to Mr. Jeff Green.

I thought it was interesting that Ainge said a while back he doesn't see a franchise type guy in the draft.

Quote:

“If Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was out there to change your franchise forever, or Tim Duncan was going to change your franchise for 15 years? That might be a different story,” said Ainge. “I don’t see that player out there.”

Shogun 10-29-2013 07:57 AM

I disagree with Ainge. I think that between Wiggings/Jabari/Randle, one of them (at least) will end up becoming a franchise type player. However the jury is still out on that, But I think there are a big handful of guys in this draft that you can get in the latter part of the lottery that can come in next year and immediately contribute positively and become very solid players. I just hope that we don't get outside of the lottery and have a completely meh season and shitty draft position. I'd take another Antoine Walker in a heartbeat! :D

Shogun 10-29-2013 11:08 AM

interesting partial article on an NBA GM tanking.

Quote:

OUR TEAM ISN'T good enough to win and we know it. So this season we want to develop and evaluate our young players, let them learn from their mistakes -- and get us in position to grab a great player. The best way for us to do that is to lose a lot of games. This draft is loaded. There are potential All-Stars at the top, maybe even franchise changers. Sometimes my job is to understand the value of losing.
I know that sounds crazy, but if you're an NBA general manager like me, the last place you want to be is in the middle. There are only two outcomes there: Either make the playoffs and be first-round fodder for one of the premier teams or miss the playoffs and pick somewhere around 11th to 14th in the draft. Either way, the odds are that you stay in that middle range. It's a recipe for disaster.
You need superstars to compete in this league, and the playing field for those guys is tilted toward a few big-market teams. They are demanding trades and getting together and deciding where they want to go in free agency. It's tough for us to compete with that. So a high lottery pick is all we have.
How do you pull it off? First, you talk it over with ownership. I analyzed the team and told them what I wanted to do, the guys I wanted to get rid of and the guys with future value whom we wanted to keep. We obviously traded away some of our veteran guys who gave us a better chance of winning right now for future draft picks and young players. The owners didn't want to tread water any more than I did. They'd rather go down to the bottom with the hope of coming up, so they signed off on it. It wasn't a fight at all. In a different season, it might not make sense, but this draft certainly makes it more appealing.
Our coach understands that too. It's no secret what we're trying to do, and you can't lie to him anyway or you'll lose all trust. We never really had to tell him, because the handwriting is on the wall. He knows exactly what's going on, and he's good with it. What's hard is keeping it from the players. If you took a poll in all 30 locker rooms, regardless of how the roster looks, I bet they'd all say they are a playoff team. That's good, because you want them to play with effort and lose organically. You never tell the players not to try to win a game, but it's obvious that you're putting out a team that's just not good enough to win.
We're not alone. Look at the 76ers. Since the draft in June, I don't think they've signed a player or made a trade to add a legitimate player. A bunch of us realize that our teams aren't good enough talentwise to do anything. You're going to be bad. There's no way around it. And even if you finish 0-82, there's still a 75 percent chance you don't get the No. 1 pick. We're just going to take our lumps and hope our number gets called.
As told to Jeff Goodman
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?story...rc=desktop&wjb

L.A. Chieffan 10-29-2013 11:25 AM

Hmm very interesting to see someone finally come out and admit it. Either Ryan McDonough or maybe even Sam Hinkie trying to trick everyone in to thinking it's not him

Pitt Gorilla 10-29-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10118854)

That makes no sense. The NBA is a much, much better product and it isn't particularly close.

Pitt Gorilla 10-29-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 10137749)
interesting partial article on an NBA GM tanking.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?story...rc=desktop&wjb

OR you can trade very little value and get a superstar like James Harden.

ChiefsCountry 10-29-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10137949)
That makes no sense. The NBA is a much, much better product and it isn't particularly close.

No team in Kansas City or St. Louis is the big reason NBA is hated around here, not to mention the douches who think KU basketball is better.

BWillie 10-29-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10137954)
No team in Kansas City or St. Louis is the big reason NBA is hated around here, not to mention the douches who think KU basketball is better.

Can I be a KU fan and an NBA fan? Cuz I am.

Pretty happy to see so many Jayhawks make the team.

Xavier Henry made it w/ the Lakers.
Cole Aldrich with the Knicks.
Markieff and Marcus Morris with the Suns but that wasn't a surprise.
Tyshawn Taylor still on with the Nets.

KevB 10-29-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

If anybody is looking to join a NBA fantasy league, I set one up for CP that you can join at the link:

We need 2 more teams to make an even 10 --- would really like to get to at least 10 teams.

Shogun 10-29-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10137956)
Can I be a KU fan and an NBA fan? Cuz I am.

Pretty happy to see so many Jayhawks make the team.

Xavier Henry made it w/ the Lakers.
Cole Aldrich with the Knicks.
Markieff and Marcus Morris with the Suns but that wasn't a surprise.
Tyshawn Taylor still on with the Nets.

Don't forget Shady with the nuggets!

Shogun 10-29-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10138274)
We need 2 more teams to make an even 10 --- would really like to get to at least 10 teams.

Never played Fantasy Basketball but I'll give it a shot

EDIT: link gives me an error

dirk digler 10-29-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10137954)

Definitely this.

Shogun 10-29-2013 01:58 PM

Okay nevermind, got in.

I'm Grand Theft Rondo

lcarus 10-29-2013 02:03 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p_vEY_BA3ro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KevB 10-29-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Just need 1 more team, then I can stop spamming this thread

Draft at 8, less than 3 hours

Chiefs Pantalones 10-29-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 10138378)
Don't forget Shady with the nuggets!

Overall 14 players I believe are former KU players in the NBA currently.

Shogun 10-29-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10139205)
Overall 14 players I believe are former KU players in the NBA currently.

I keep forgetting jacque vaughn is the Magic Coach too

DaKCMan AP 10-29-2013 06:08 PM

Ready to begin watching the Heat 3-peat.

dirk digler 10-29-2013 06:17 PM

Drose looks good early

dirk digler 10-29-2013 06:43 PM

JFC both Deng and Butler with 3 fouls each barely into the 2nd quarter.

DaKCMan AP 10-29-2013 07:00 PM

mmm....yeah

dirk digler 10-29-2013 07:03 PM

Miami looking damn good

lcarus 10-29-2013 07:03 PM

Jacque Vaughn is going to lead the Magic to a 7 seed in the East. Bet on that bitches.

dirk digler 10-29-2013 08:04 PM

I think the Bulls are going to regret letting Nate Robinson go. They don't have enough scorers to keep pace with the other big teams.

dirk digler 10-29-2013 08:08 PM

Miami's bench has outscored the Bulls 35-6.. Ouch

KC_Connection 10-29-2013 08:43 PM

Lazy game from the Heat, still won anyway. They'll be doing that a lot this year.

Shogun 10-29-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10139895)
Lazy game from the Heat, still won anyway. They'll be doing that a lot this year.

Hey man, your fantasy team, how did it turn out?

okcchief 10-29-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10139895)

As they should.

dirk digler 10-29-2013 08:55 PM

I didn't know Pau could shoot three's

Chiefs Pantalones 10-29-2013 08:57 PM

Again...the Bulls need another star to keep the pressure off of Rose. The talent after him is so-so. It's like a B team. A lot of solid guys that'll go to work and give their all, but nothing that will be a threat. The ultimate regular season team.

Shogun 10-29-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10139930)
I didn't know Pau could shoot three's

He is 34-140 in his career at the 3pt line. Just looked it up. Odd Stat.

Demonpenz 10-29-2013 08:59 PM

Deandre Jordon in...training day 2.