ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How much is enough?... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264959)

Rausch 10-10-2012 07:14 PM

How much is enough?...

How many cuts do we need to make to regain the trust of the fans?...

The Bad Guy 10-10-2012 07:15 PM

If you fire Pioli, the fanbase will come back immediately. I think Pioli is more hated than Carl now.

If you draft a first round QB though, some will give Pioli a pass. I won't.

htismaqe 10-10-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8999934)
If you fire Pioli, the fanbase will come back immediately. I think Pioli is more hated than Carl now.

If you draft a first round QB though, some will give Pioli a pass. I won't.

This, this, and this.

whoman69 10-10-2012 07:17 PM

We've already suffered the death of a thousand cuts.

Mama Hip Rockets 10-10-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8999930)

One. If they cut Cassel and draft a 1st round QB, that's all it takes for me, and I'm sure for thousands of others as well.

Reerun_KC 10-10-2012 07:20 PM

YOU Fire Pioli, Crennel and Cassel

Get a solid GM, Hire a real NFL coach and draft a 1st rd QB and you wont be able to get a ticket in this town for a game.

Its not rocket science. 3 cuts = sell outs and a fan frenzy...

Crush 10-10-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 8999945)
One. If they cut Cassel and draft a 1st round QB, that's all it takes for me, and I'm sure for thousands of others as well.

**** that. Pioli and the entire "tree" has to go too.

Tonka83 10-10-2012 07:21 PM

Just a noobs 2 cents......
Pioli, Cassel and Winston need to be gone before the end of the Bye week, Romeo by the end of the season.

Mama Hip Rockets 10-10-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 8999955)
**** that. Pioli and the entire "tree" has to go too.

So if Pioli drafted Geno Smith, you still wouldn't be happy?

FlaChief58 10-10-2012 07:22 PM

Get rid of pissholy & the new GM will get his own HC and draft a QBOTF. At least that's how I hope it goes down :D

Rausch 10-10-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 8999961)

Who's coaching him?...

The Bad Guy 10-10-2012 07:23 PM

Step 1 has to be to fire Pioli. Step 2 has to be to cut Cassel. Step 3 has to be to fire Romeo. Step 4 has to be to draft a first round QB and make him the starter from day 1.

Can you imagine Geno Smith under center for the home opener? That place would go from a graveyard to mid 90s Arrowhead immediately.

Reerun_KC 10-10-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8999968)
Step 1 has to be to fire Pioli. Step 2 has to be to cut Cassel. Step 3 has to be to fire Romeo. Step 4 has to be to draft a first round QB and make him the starter from day 1.

Can you imagine Geno Smith under center for the home opener? That place would go from a graveyard to mid 90s Arrowhead immediately.

100% agree...

ChiefsCountry 10-10-2012 07:24 PM

Brady Quinn taking this team to the AFC Championship Game this year would cure alot.

Reerun_KC 10-10-2012 07:25 PM

It wont take long. This fanbase is dying to love this team again.

You make 3 changes, draft a 1st rd QB and Clark will have to order a C17 from the USAF to carry his money back to Dallas...

FlaChief58 10-10-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8999972)
Brady Quinn taking this team to the AFC Championship Game this year would cure alot.

For the short term, yes but, there is still a cancer in this organization that needs to be cut out. His name is Pissholy

Crush 10-10-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

No. That egotistical ****stick has to go as well. He is the opposite of Batman.

PRIEST 10-10-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8999952)

Get a solid GM, Hire a real NFL coach and draft a 1st rd QB and you wont be able to get a ticket in this town for a game.

This

Bugeater 10-10-2012 07:30 PM

**** Cassel, **** Romeo just hanging around to pad his retirement, **** Pioli and **** his goddamn worthless Patriot way. **** 'em all.

Rausch 10-10-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

:drool:

seclark 10-10-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9000003)
**** Cassel, **** Romeo just hanging around to pad his retirement, **** Pioli and **** his goddamn worthless Patriot way. **** 'em all.

you ****in-ay...**** them all.
sec

Pasta Little Brioni 10-10-2012 07:50 PM

Don't kid yourselves. PeeWee gone and draft a QB R. 1 will cause many a Chief fan to fall in line.

CoMoChief 10-10-2012 07:51 PM

I've said this in other threads.....If Romeo, Pioli, AND Cassel are all here next season and if Cassel is the starting QB, then I'm done being a fan of this team.

PERIOD.

Romeo is losing my trust more and more every game he coaches just by how he turns into Herm ****ing Edwards when the clock is winding down. The Saints game had me 10000x more pissed off than the way he handled the last part of the 1st half vs Baltimore. Cassel could have played much better and the situation would have been much different had he not shit his pants. But there was NO excuse for not going for the win in New Orleans instead of letting Drew Brees get the ball back.

el borracho 10-10-2012 09:01 PM

Cut Cassel
Fire Crennel
Draft and start the right 1st round QB

Do these three things and you might have a chance in this league.

Rausch 10-10-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9000102)

Romeo is losing my trust more and more every game he coaches just by how he turns into Herm ****ing Edwards when the clock is winding down.

Romeo and Ca$$hole might be the worst in the league at clock management...

Cannibal 10-10-2012 09:19 PM

The Chiefs are what they are; a small market team that isn't going to win jack shit. I still watch them most sundays, but I know they are a franchise that will not take the necessary steps to win a championship. So in reality, I suppose it doesn't really matter a whole helluvs lot what happens after this season concludes.

DeezNutz 10-10-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

**** no. Pioli is a piece of ****ing shit who cannot get out of town soon enough.

Every KC fan should share this perspective.

DeezNutz 10-10-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

"Congratulations, you don't have AIDS. You have HIV."

I truly don't give a mother**** what Quinn does the rest of the year. Fire Pioli and draft a QB in the first.

Rain Man 10-10-2012 09:27 PM

Can someone educate me on how fast a good GM and coach should take to turn around a team? One season? Two? Three? What did we see with Belichick and his GM in New England? With Ozzie in Baltimore? With whoever runs things in Green Bay and San Francisco? What should we expect?

With a GM, I have a hard time with a three-year leash. I think it's a longer process than that if you allow any room for error, and errors are going to happen. No one drafts perfectly.

With a coach, it seems like you should see improvement by the second year or definitely the third.

With a quarterback, you expect a veteran to come in and do well immediately.

That's my thinking. Apparently most of you think the timeline for a GM should be shorter than three years, and that the time line for a coach should be shorter than two seasons. If so, what is the timeline?

FAX 10-10-2012 09:32 PM

Hmmm ...

Depends on the squad.

In general, I think a 4 to 5 year term for the GM makes sense. Especially now that there is draft slotting. Between that and FA, you should be able to formulate your plan, acquire the necessary players, and execute with expectations of seeing the program flourish in year 4.

As for head coaches, I give them the same amount of time. Except, of course, if they suck really bad. Like if they have a good squad but the squad obviously under-performs or if too many game-day decisions are bone-headed and stuff.

Rookie quarterbacks get 3 years to get with the program. Veteran quarterbacks, 2 years depending upon the complexity of the offensive scheme.

Waterboys get 2 years in case of a water shortage.

FAX

DeezNutz 10-10-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9000498)
Apparently most of you think the timeline for a GM should be shorter than three years, and that the time line for a coach should be shorter than two seasons. If so, what is the timeline?

This is year 4 for Pioli. 2 failed HCs, 57 failed OCs, 4 mediocre drafts, and 1 notably failed QB.

You don't get year 5 with a track record like that.

Rain Man 10-10-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9000517)
Hmmm ...

Depends on the squad.

In general, I think a 4 to 5 year term for the GM makes sense. Especially now that there is draft slotting. Between that and FA, you should be able to formulate your plan, acquire the necessary players, and execute with expectations of seeing the program flourish in year 4.

As for head coaches, I give them the same amount of time. Except, of course, if they suck really bad. Like if they have a good squad but the squad obviously under-performs or if too many game-day decisions are bone-headed and stuff.

Rookie quarterbacks get 3 years to get with the program. Veteran quarterbacks, 2 years depending upon the complexity of the offensive scheme.

Waterboys get 2 years in case of a water shortage.

FAX

So you're ready to fire Cassel, not ready to fire Crennel, and this is the decision year for Pioli?

I'll shrug approvingly.

DaFace 10-10-2012 09:37 PM

Honestly, I'd be OK with just drafting a first-round quarterback. But I'd sure LIKE for Pioli to be gone.

O.city 10-10-2012 09:39 PM

What exactly has Pioli done to earn another contract?

Hammock Parties 10-10-2012 09:40 PM

Next season could be fun, we play the NFC East.

Rain Man 10-10-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9000523)
This is year 4 for Pioli. 2 failed HCs, 57 failed OCs, 4 mediocre drafts, and 1 notably failed QB.

You don't get year 5 with a track record like that.

So you're ready to fire all three, it sounds like, even though Crennel has only been the head coach for eight games over two seasons?

This reminds me of the weirdest thing about the Pioli era in my mind, and that's the fact that we can't seem to have a head coach, an offensive coordinator, and a defensive coordinator. Our coaches always seem to want to save the money on one of the coordinators. They shouldn't do that. For anyone on Chiefsplanet who eventually gets hired as a head coach, here's a tip: hire both an offensive coordinator and a defensive coordinator. If you want to save money, wash the practice jerseys less often or cut the hot water in the showers. A modern NFL team needs an OC and a DC.

Rain Man 10-10-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9000538)
Honestly, I'd be OK with just drafting a first-round quarterback. But I'd sure LIKE for Pioli to be gone.

So you're okay with keeping Crennel for a while longer?

O.city 10-10-2012 09:42 PM

To be honest, with Geno behind our oline and keeping the weapons we have on offense I think we could score on some teams.

With a new GM and a new HC employing an aggressive 1 gap 34, we could stop alot of teams.

It would be awesome to look forward to those games next year against he Giants, Eagles, Boys, and Skins and get excited.

FAX 10-10-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9000537)
So you're ready to fire Cassel, not ready to fire Crennel, and this is the decision year for Pioli?

I'll shrug approvingly.

No ... not really.

I was thinking along the lines of assuming that the GM wouldn't bring on and stick with a dud quarterback, the HC wouldn't also be DC and have a proven record as a failure, and the QB wouldn't be a known doofus. I guess I was thinking in normal NFL franchise terms ... not Chiefs terms.

FAX

Munson 10-10-2012 09:44 PM

Get rid of all of them, starting with Pioli. We need to start all over. Draft Geno Smith, and then dominate the AFC West for the next 10 years.

baitism 10-10-2012 09:46 PM

Where is the get a new owner option?

tredadda 10-10-2012 09:56 PM

I said Fire Pioli. If that is done, Romeo and Cassel are gone and we most likely draft a 1st round QB.

DaFace 10-10-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9000553)
So you're okay with keeping Crennel for a while longer?

Oh, probably. I always feel bad for coaches who get stuck with a QB they know isn't going to cut it. On a 1 to 10 scale from fire vs. retain, I'd give Cassel a 2, Pioli a 3, and Crennel a 4.

BIG K 10-10-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

As I have said before, STOP going to the games locals.. No way any changes are made as long as the seats are filled, the parking passes paid, and the beer is bought. As long as the Hunt family is making money, there will be no changes of anything. You, as locals who attend the game, requested filet mignon, and have received ground beef instead.

As long as you keep going to this establishment, and paying for filet mignon knowing your going to receive ground beef, no change will be made. How many millions under the cap? Pisshollies job is to make the Hunt family money, DONE!

As long as the sheep of KC continue to fill the stadium, the Hunts will continue to make money. Flying banners don't mean shit when they are still turning a profit....

Boycott Arrowhead, and you will have their attention....Its that simple. Make them lose money, and they will listen....

AussieChiefsFan 10-11-2012 12:59 AM

For me its a franchise QB.

pr_capone 10-11-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

This is an outstanding question.

For me... it would have to be a choice you don't have listed. But they don't all need to happen tomorrow.

Step 1 - Cassel doesn't start again
Step 2 - Pioli canned (I'd like to see this done by the Raiders home game)
Step 3 - Draft 1st rd QB

Step 4 would be to fire RAC but the new GM would likely do it just to get his people in.

007 10-11-2012 02:23 AM

Cassel gone

Pioli gone

1st round QB drafted

Preferably RAC gone

spanky 52 10-11-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9000863)
This is an outstanding question.

For me... it would have to be a choice you don't have listed. But they don't all need to happen tomorrow.

Step 1 - Cassel doesn't start again
Step 2 - Pioli canned (I'd like to see this done by the Raiders home game)
Step 3 - Draft 1st rd QB

Step 4 would be to fire RAC but the new GM would likely do it just to get his people in.

This would be the most logical scenario. It would cost CHunt a lot of money in the short term but be very profitable in the long term.

bevischief 10-11-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8999952)

This.

Fish 10-11-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 9000664)
As I have said before, STOP going to the games locals.. No way any changes are made as long as the seats are filled, the parking passes paid, and the beer is bought. As long as the Hunt family is making money, there will be no changes of anything. You, as locals who attend the game, requested filet mignon, and have received ground beef instead.

As long as you keep going to this establishment, and paying for filet mignon knowing your going to receive ground beef, no change will be made. How many millions under the cap? Pisshollies job is to make the Hunt family money, DONE!

As long as the sheep of KC continue to fill the stadium, the Hunts will continue to make money. Flying banners don't mean shit when they are still turning a profit....

Boycott Arrowhead, and you will have their attention....Its that simple. Make them lose money, and they will listen....

Every season ticket holder in the stadium, which makes up a majority of the crowd, has already paid for every single ticket. So the Chiefs already have the money.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-11-2012 08:04 AM

A first round QB starting and playing well day one will be enough to mask alot of the "holes" on the team. Passing on turds like Sanchez and Clausen was fine by me. They give up whatever it takes to bring in a guy like Geno and you guys will be changing your tune in no time.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-11-2012 08:08 AM

Blow the whole ****ing thing up. I can't ****ing wait to go back to the 4-3. :facepalm:

This just ****ing sucks.

HemiEd 10-11-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9000577)
I said Fire Pioli. If that is done, Romeo and Cassel are gone and we most likely draft a 1st round QB.

This, even though I said to do all of them.

RAC is making me want to scratch my own eyes out, he is that bad.

Never did I think the Chiefs would have a HC, with worse sideline skills than Herm ****ing Edwards, but it happened.

The fact that he thinks the fans are happy with a "competitive game" makes me want to go postal.