ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Broncos know how to do their shit... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159464)

Chiefs Pantalones 03-08-2007 12:50 AM

The Broncos know how to do their shit...

Redskins | Team still working on deal with Denver
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:33:25 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins and Denver Broncos are actively trying to work out a deal, with the Broncos seeking the No. 6 pick in the 2007 NFL Draft and the Redskins looking to acquire CB Dre' Bly. The Broncos tried to offer LB Al Wilson and a package of draft picks for the Redskins' high draft pick, but the deal fell through when the Redskins opted to sign LB London Fletcher-Baker instead of trading for Wilson. Also, the Redskins have offered CB Shawn Springs in a deal for Bly, but the Broncos are not willing to give the Redskins cap relief for the $7.5 million charge they would receive by trading Springs. With both teams still coveting their targets, and with Bly still reportedly looking to play in Washington, it is still possible for some kind of swap involving Bly and the Redskins' first-round pick to happen before the draft.

They would get the better end of the deal, IMO, if they pull this off.

SPchief 03-08-2007 12:54 AM

The rat has to have pictures of Snyder. How does Snyder year after year bend over and take it?

007 03-08-2007 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief
The rat has to have pictures of Snyder. How does Snyder year after year bend over and take it?

Love makes you stoopid?

Thig Lyfe 03-08-2007 12:56 AM

How many picks would this be that they've screwed the Skins out of now? Three?

KcMizzou 03-08-2007 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
Love makes you stoopid?

"Sure, Mike... you love me right? You'll call tomorrow? OK, thanks sweetie.... I'll be thinkin' about ya."

007 03-08-2007 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
"Sure, Mike... you love me right? You'll call tomorrow? OK, thanks sweetie.... I'll be thinkin' about ya."

Horny old devil.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-08-2007 12:59 AM

I can't believe Snyder would do this. Unreal.

FloridaMan88 03-08-2007 01:09 AM

When did London Fletcher become "London Fletcher-Baker"??

ceebz 03-08-2007 01:10 AM

The Skins can't be this stupid. You don't give away the #6 pick in the draft for a 29 year-old corner and a broken down Al Wilson.

Miles 03-08-2007 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88
When did London Fletcher become "London Fletcher-Baker"??

Last summer.

beer bacon 03-08-2007 01:19 AM

The key to trading success in the NFL is to only make deals with Matt Millen and Snyder.

007 03-08-2007 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon
The key to trading success in the NFL is to only make deals with Matt Millen and Snyder.

And even Carl can't achieve that.

acesn8s 03-08-2007 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
And even Carl can't achieve that.

Damnit Carl!:banghead:

Taco John 03-08-2007 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebz
The Skins can't be this stupid. You don't give away the #6 pick in the draft for a 29 year-old corner and a broken down Al Wilson.

There's no way we're giving up BOTH Bly and Wilson. The last deal I heard involved Bly and some draft picks.

BigRock 03-08-2007 01:28 AM

That summary makes it seem like they're talking about trading Dre Bly straight up for the 'Skins first round pick. That would be insanity. According to the guy's article, it's more like Bly, the Donk's 1st rounder, their 3rd rounder, and possibly even their 2nd rounder for the 'Skins first round pick.

el borracho 03-08-2007 02:37 AM

Jeez. Will the Redskins have any draft picks left? It must be really tough to be a 'Skins fan these days. They have nothing to look forward to.

acesn8s 03-08-2007 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho
Jeez. Will the Redskins have any draft picks left? It must be really tough to be a 'Skins fan these days. They have nothing to look forward to.

they've learned what chiefs fans have known for years. The draft is overrated.

ferrarispider95 03-08-2007 02:40 AM

I am guessing they are going after Adrian Peterson

007 03-08-2007 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho

Yeah, that "Win Now" mentality is really paying off for them.

ferrarispider95 03-08-2007 02:43 AM

If so, LJ, LT, and AP will all be in the same division. Better hope we get some DTs and our new MLB proves worthy.

mylittlepony 03-08-2007 02:43 AM

Gaines Adams would be the broncos pick in my mind.

Taco John 03-08-2007 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittlepony
Gaines Adams would be the broncos pick in my mind.

No thanks... The Broncos don't need a one dimensional speed rusher who can't get it done against the run. I'd rather see the Broncos go after Jamaal Anderson or Alan Branch.

CoMoChief 03-08-2007 03:35 AM

If the Broncos trade Al Wilson they're reeruned.

Mile High Mania 03-08-2007 06:32 AM

I really just hope the li'l drama with Bly ends soon... let's just steal some picks from the Skins and move on.

The Broncos need to hold a "meet your new buddy" meeting prior to the draft in order to introduce these new guys to the vets. Sheesh.

Ramsey, Graham, Henry, Smith, Holland, Wilkinson, Bly...

dirk digler 03-08-2007 07:45 AM

If this is true I am jealous and I think Clark should steal Shanahan away from the Donkeys for insane amount of money to run the Chiefs.

jspchief 03-08-2007 08:04 AM

For all the pole smoking over how Denver runs their organization, I think it deserves mention that all it has produced is a 2000s version of the 90s Chiefs.

Since Elway left, Shanahan the has been Carl/Marty redux.

Mile High Mania 03-08-2007 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
For all the pole smoking over how Denver runs their organization, I think it deserves mention that all it has produced is a 2000s version of the 90s Chiefs.

And many here would love to get back to the consistently winning times, right?

stevieray 03-08-2007 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler
If this is true I am jealous and I think Clark should steal Shanahan away from the Donkeys for insane amount of money to run the Chiefs.

you could switch teams.

acesn8s 03-08-2007 08:07 AM

Quote:

Can the Chiefs be like the 90's Denver? They won 2 SB in the 90's.

htismaqe 03-08-2007 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
And many here would love to get back to the consistently winning times, right?

Only people that don't care about the playoffs...

ceebz 03-08-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
There's no way we're giving up BOTH Bly and Wilson. The last deal I heard involved Bly and some draft picks.

My point was, I don't care what you package with either player; neither is worth the #6 overall pick.

ceebz 03-08-2007 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief

Actually, this is the year you do trade him. He's had two injury-plagued, mediocre seasons in a row. He's definitely on the downswing of his career.

morphius 03-08-2007 09:46 AM

I don't know, it seems they are relying more and more on FA every year, which gets to be a slippery slope.

vailpass 03-08-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief

Damn straight. It pisses me off to even hear it mentioned.

vailpass 03-08-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

The difference is the Broncos keep taking shots at it, working to get it right. One of these times it's gonna' hit.
You can't win if you don't play and there is not a whole lot of play out of Carl and company year in and year out.

shaneo69 03-08-2007 09:51 AM

Why in the hell would the Skins want Dre Bly? They already had Springs and Carlos Rogers, and didn't they just re-sign Fred Smoot? Jeez, how many CB's do they need?

vailpass 03-08-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneo69
Why in the hell would the Skins want Dre Bly? They already had Springs and Carlos Rogers, and didn't they just re-sign Fred Smoot? Jeez, how many CB's do they need?

Snyder is weirdly obsessive. It makes for a great trading partner.

shaneo69 03-08-2007 09:54 AM

Bly doesn't want to play for the Broncos. And the Redskins don't really need a CB. Snyder should be holding the Broncos hostage right about now. The Broncos have no leverage here.

Mile High Mania 03-08-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
I don't know, it seems they are relying more and more on FA every year, which gets to be a slippery slope.

Well, that happens when you completely tank a draft like the one from 2003. That was just an unfortunate year... and 2004 wasn't much better. 2005 was looking good (aside from the failed MC experiment), but then we lost Williams this year. Too early to judge 2006 at this point.

Hell, if you look back over the last 6 drafts ... there's not much left on the team that is going into 2007. So, their recent draft history has sucked from a "building for the future" point of view.

htismaqe 03-08-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass
The difference is the Broncos keep taking shots at it, working to get it right. One of these times it's gonna' hit.
You can't win if you don't play and there is not a whole lot of play out of Carl and company year in and year out.

The Chiefs have been plenty active so far...

Mile High Mania 03-08-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Bly doesn't want to play for the Broncos. And the Redskins don't really need a CB. Snyder should be holding the Broncos hostage right about now. The Broncos have no leverage here.

True, but Shanahan has some sorta jedi mind trick that he uses on Danny...

htismaqe 03-08-2007 09:56 AM

Quote:

True, but Shanahan has some sorta jedi mind trick that he uses on Danny...

Collusion.

shaneo69 03-08-2007 09:57 AM

And I'm guessing that with the 20th pick that the Skins get from the Broncos in exchange for the 6th pick, Washington will grab another QB like Kevin Kolb.

Mile High Mania 03-08-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Collusion.

That's such an insane comment. What is WAS gaining by getting screwed over?

Steve Sewell 03-08-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler

How would you guys be able to live with yourselves...you'd have a dirty blocking scheme, salary cap violations, vaseline, the NFL in your back pocket...all the things that you guys supposedly despise.

Taco John 03-08-2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Gay man sechs

/bitter chiefs fan

htismaqe 03-08-2007 10:07 AM

Quote:

Money from the league. Under the table preferential treatment. There's a myriad of things BUSINESSMAN Daniel Snyder could be getting from the NFL for providing a front for Pat Bowlen and the Genius.

Steve Sewell 03-08-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

The Broncos have all the leverage. The Skins are going to cut Springs because of his cap hit this year. They are not sold on Rogers OR Smoot as of yet. Someone at the Redskins, with all the news being leaked from one end, is obviously obssessed with getting Bly.

Also, Bly can't very well sit out the last year of his contract. At the very least, the Broncos will get a pro bowl corner for one year who is motivated for a big contract, in return for 2 guys that would have been riding the bench this year.

In other words, the Broncos don't need to trade Bly with anyone if they don't want to. The are going to bend some team over hardcore if that team wants Bly, you can count on that.

Mile High Mania 03-08-2007 10:09 AM

Quote:

Money from the league. Under the table preferential treatment. There's a myriad of things BUSINESSMAN Daniel Snyder could be getting from the NFL for providing a front for Pat Bowlen and the Genius.

Wow... that's a reach even for the likes of an Oliver Stone.

htismaqe 03-08-2007 10:11 AM

Quote:

Wow... that's a reach even for the likes of an Oliver Stone.

What's funny is that you think I'm serious.

What's even FUNNIER is how sandy all of you Donks get about it. Something tells me you conscience isn't 100% clean...

2112 03-08-2007 10:11 AM

Quote:

LMAO

Where do you come up with this stuff?

vailpass 03-08-2007 10:11 AM

Quote:

The Chiefs have been plenty active so far...

I'm sorry, I've missed it. What big deals is Carl swinging this year?

Steve Sewell 03-08-2007 10:11 AM

Quote:

sigh...there's about 200 of you on the KC Star board.

KC can't win a playoff game to save their lives? Must be those cheatin Donks with the NFL and the refs in their back pocket, and that dirty chop blocking scheme!

Line up and play football you whiner.

recxjake 03-08-2007 10:11 AM

Dolphins | Wilkinson might decide to retire
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 06:48:07 -0800

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins are concerned DL Dan Wilkinson might decide to retire rather than play for the Denver Broncos, which would nullify a Saturday, March 3, trade that netted a sixth-round draft pick from the Broncos for the 13-year NFL veteran.

htismaqe 03-08-2007 10:13 AM

ROFL

The point is proven, over and over again.

It's like a moth to a flame, Donk fans and their guilty consciences just can't resist...

htismaqe 03-08-2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

I'm sorry, I've missed it. What big deals is Carl swinging this year?

I'm sorry, I've missed it. What big deals did Carl NEED to be swinging this year?

Steve Sewell 03-08-2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

What's funny is that you think I'm serious.

What's even FUNNIER is how sandy all of you Donks get about it. Something tells me you conscience isn't 100% clean...

We don't get sandy about it...we're just amazed at how Chiefs fans can be such huge whiners and conspiracy theorists.

htismaqe 03-08-2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Sewell
We don't get sandy about it...we're just amazed at how Chiefs fans can be such huge whiners and conspiracy theorists.

So you're not defensive, you're stupid. I got it.

Mile High Mania 03-08-2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

ROFL

The point is proven, over and over again.

It's like a moth to a flame, Donk fans and their guilty consciences just can't resist...

I'm not sure what you proved... guilty for what? And, no - I never thought you were serious about the comments, but I had to ask why.

Steve Sewell 03-08-2007 10:16 AM

Quote:

So you're not defensive, you're stupid. I got it.

How does amazed=stupid?

htismaqe 03-08-2007 10:17 AM

Quote:

How does amazed=stupid?

Amazed at what?

That fact that you can't comprehend that over-the-top absurdity generally indicates that someone is being facetious?

acesn8s 03-08-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

How does amazed=stupid?

You don't agree with him so you are stupid. And now they will tell you that you are a Chiefs hater. Don't worry though. I got your back.

For now:p

Steve Sewell 03-08-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Amazed at what?

That fact that you can't comprehend that over-the-top absurdity generally indicates that someone is being facetious?

How am I supposed to know whether you are being serious or facetious? I see outrageous accusations like the one in your original post (on a daily basis) from Chiefs fans that are being completely serious. Are you calling me stupid because I can't read your mind?

Steve Sewell 03-08-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s
You don't agree with him so you are stupid. And now they will tell you that you are a Chiefs hater. Don't worry though. I got your back.

I think he's just really proud of his 57,000 post e-peen.

Mile High Mania 03-08-2007 10:26 AM

Enh, don't get all bent out of shape about it...

vailpass 03-08-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

I'm sorry, I've missed it. What big deals did Carl NEED to be swinging this year?

Carl doesn't NEED to swing any big deals, this year or ever. His job is safe so long as he continues to field mediocre teams and fill the stands.
Now if his goal were to get to the SB, that would be different.

I said Shanny tries to make big deals to get his team to the SB and that Denver is much more active in this regard than KC.

You said "Originally Posted by htismaqe
The Chiefs have been plenty active so far..."

so I ask you: to what deals do you refer?

dirk digler 03-08-2007 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
you could switch teams.

No thanks. I hate the Donkeys with a passion but I have to give Shanahan and their FO respect because each and every year they go out and try to make their team better where the Chiefs just try to be mediocre.

Mr. Laz 03-08-2007 11:19 AM

just shows how badly Carl sucks

he can't even trade 2 spots in the draft without crying about it .... acting like he just discovered fire.

and yet still getting screwed over.

dirk digler 03-08-2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
just shows how badly Carl sucks

he can't even trade 2 spots in the draft without crying about it .... acting like he just discovered fire.

and yet still getting screwed over.

Yep.

htismaqe 03-08-2007 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s

He's a BRONCO fan. Of course he hates the Chiefs.

htismaqe 03-08-2007 11:26 AM

Quote:

I think he's just really proud of his 57,000 post e-peen.

Yeah, you've got me all figured out. Steve "Super Genious" Sewell.

htismaqe 03-08-2007 11:29 AM

Quote:

Carl doesn't NEED to swing any big deals, this year or ever. His job is safe so long as he continues to field mediocre teams and fill the stands.

I said Shanny tries to make big deals to get his team to the SB and that Denver is much more active in this regard than KC.

Shanny thinks he's building for a Super Bowl every year. The Chiefs used to fall into that trap too.

This team needs to get SERIOUSLY younger, but of course ownership doesn't want to suffer through .250 seasons.

So they signed a 2-year stopgap at OT and upgrade the MLB so far, giving us more leeway in the draft to continue to build for the future.

Denver and Washington can do all the trade they want, they've got nothing to show for it.

Direckshun 03-08-2007 11:29 AM

Quote:

Carl hasn't fielded a mediocre team in quite a while. You've been unable to beat the teams we've fielded at Arrowhead for quite a while and it took you 'til overtime to beat a team we fielded last year on your home turf. You got swept by a team we traded wins with last year. We fielded a pretty damn good team.

To say nothing about the playoffs, where we were crushed by the Super Bowl champs. Who ended your season?

That said, stop playing dumb. We signed a pretty young, solid LT. Signed a pretty young, talented MLB. Long snapper deal but who cares. Chiefs have honestly been one of the most active teams in the league in the offseason so far.

They haven't been as active as the Broncos, but only two teams in the league have been as active as the Broncos (Pats, Dolfs). I love how active the Donks are, it makes for great competition, but let's not pretend like the Chiefs sit on their thumbs and never make progress.

vailpass 03-08-2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun
Carl hasn't fielded a mediocre team in quite a while. You've been unable to beat the teams we've fielded at Arrowhead for quite a while and it took you 'til overtime to beat a team we fielded last year on your home turf. You got swept by a team we traded wins with last year. We fielded a pretty damn good team.

To say nothing about the playoffs, where we were crushed by the Super Bowl champs. Who ended your season?

That said, stop playing dumb. We signed a pretty young, solid LT. Signed a pretty young, talented MLB. Long snapper deal but who cares. Chiefs have honestly been one of the most active teams in the league in the offseason so far.

They haven't been as active as the Broncos, but only two teams in the league have been as active as the Broncos (Pats, Dolfs). I love how active the Donks are, it makes for great competition, but let's not pretend like the Chiefs sit on their thumbs and never make progress.

How many playoff wins/SB appearances does Carl have during his tenure as GM? There are expansion teams with more playoff success than Carl. When I said KC has been mediocre under Carl I may have been too kind.

Direckshun 03-08-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

How many playoff wins/SB appearances does Carl have during his tenure as GM? There are expansion teams with more playoff success than Carl. When I said KC has been mediocre under Carl I may have been too kind.

Okay, so he fields a mediocre team that certainly gives your team a loss every year.

Yeah that's a real lack of quality, there.

I don't like the fact we've had no postseason success but it's been quite a few years since I'd look up and down the talent on the roster and call it mediocre.

htismaqe 03-08-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

You're changing the subject.

The fact remains that, so far, Carl has done EXACTLY what needed to be done this offseason.

We're not competing for a Super Bowl in 2007, so making ridiculous moves like the Broncos have made would be a waste of time and resources...

Steve Sewell 03-08-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Yeah, you've got me all figured out. Steve "Super Genious" Sewell.

I do? Gee, thanks for the confirmation...although it is pretty obvious without me having to say it.

vailpass 03-08-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Okay, so he fields a mediocre team that certainly gives your team a loss every year.

I don't like the fact we've had no postseason success but it's been quite a few years since I'd look up and down the talent on the roster and call it mediocre.

It's good that you are happy with it, Carl approves of your attitude.

Sure-Oz 03-08-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

I'd agree with that, we have a major star at RB and on defense some solid guys, but not really more than one star on our team and a few real solid guys. We need better talent on both sides of the ball. We got lucky that we got what we have out of our WR's and we had the best OL the last few years not including this year.

vailpass 03-08-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

You're changing the subject.

The fact remains that, so far, Carl has done EXACTLY what needed to be done this offseason.

We're not competing for a Super Bowl in 2007, so making ridiculous moves like the Broncos have made would be a waste of time and resources...

So standing pat is what you think Carl needs to do this year?