ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden '17 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300405)

Hammock Parties 06-16-2016 06:58 AM

Madden '17

Anyone getting a little excited? Seems like they have really made an effort this year.

Franchise mode is getting an overhaul according to recent news:

1. Full player editing while your franchise is progressing.

https://media.easports.com/content/w...mage_7.img.jpg

2. Coaching/FO decisions.

https://media.easports.com/content/w...mage_0.img.jpg

3. In-game ticker with live updates.

https://media.easports.com/content/w...mage_6.img.jpg

4. Practice squads.

https://media.easports.com/content/w...mage_8.img.jpg

5. New commentary team that will actually talk about things happening in your franchise.

6. Draft has been tweaked with more busts/gems.

Gameplay improvements:

1. Zone Coverage overhaul.

https://media.easports.com/content/w...mage_1.img.jpg

2. New ball-carrier special moves.

3. Real gap control on defense.

4. Real ball physics. In the past the ball would tether to a player based on ratings.

They also overhauled kicking to make it a challenge now. There's a new three-click system and weather/location will play a factor. Also, apparently on clutch kicks if the opponent "freezes" the kicker by calling a timeout the kicking meter will disappear and you have to make the kick by muscle memory. Kicks and punts can also be blocked.

How badly all of this shit is ****ed up on release remains to be seen but it does seem like they are making a big effort.

Hammock Parties 06-16-2016 06:59 AM

Added bonus: the gameplay trailer features the Broncos ****ing over the Chiefs. LMAO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VEmQEFCBp2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Urc Burry 06-16-2016 08:04 AM

One thing that annoys me, and it's not a huge deal. But they had the pacifier mouth pieces in like madden 04. Why can't they have them in the game now? Especially since half the skill position players use one

Rausch 06-16-2016 08:05 AM

This would probably be the 1st year since 11 I'd buy it but I don't think they're making a PS3 version...

BleedingRed 06-16-2016 08:10 AM

I really LOVE the idea of freezing the kicker, honestly makes TIME OUTS even more valuable

The Franchise 06-16-2016 08:43 AM

Wow...you can edit a player all the way? Maybe they shouldn't have been dumb and taken that out a long time ago.

I paid $60 for the game. I'm pretty sure that if I want to edit a player....I should be able to.

ToxSocks 06-16-2016 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12277873)
Wow...you can edit a player all the way? Maybe they shouldn't have been dumb and taken that out a long time ago.

I paid $60 for the game. I'm pretty sure that if I want to edit a player....I should be able to.

It's what Madden does. Introduces a new feature, takes it away, and then brings it back again a few years later as a "new feature".

This is why i'm happy to wait a season or two before picking up another Madden. At the end of the day, it's same exact ****ing game it's always been. I'd rather pay $5 for that than $60.

Gonzo 06-16-2016 10:38 AM

Its all well and good that they add new features. Hey, that's great....

However, the gameplay is what's important and it looks exactly the same every year. The same plays, the same graphics, the same commentary. On and on and on.

Don't ****ing tell me that they've hit the glass ceiling with this, either. Take a look at the MLB games. Every year the gameplay and graphics improve. The multiplayer improves as well.
I am so anti-madden now it's disgusting.

What the need to do is sell this year's copy with free roster DLC updates for next year and take a while to really improve the product.

Every year people defend this tripe. Oooh WOW! We can now edit a player mid season!
Yaay!

**** them. Give the license back to 2K sports and see what a real NFL game looks like.

ThaVirus 06-16-2016 10:53 AM

Madden '17

What's the appeal in editing a player's stats mid-season?

Hammock Parties 06-16-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12278049)
What's the appeal in editing a player's stats mid-season?

I think most people will use it to alter rookie classes. There's not enough variety as it is right now.

It was #1 on the community want list though, apparently.

Hammock Parties 06-16-2016 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo
However, the gameplay is what's important and it looks exactly the same every year. The same plays, the same graphics, the same commentary. On and on and on.

You should read the OP.

New commentary with new announcers, zone coverage completely reworked, gap control, ball physics...a lot has changed.

Don't know if this means anything but Madden '17 was nominated for best in show at E3.

Aspengc8 06-16-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12278055)
You should read the OP.

New commentary with new announcers, zone coverage completely reworked, gap control, ball physics...a lot has changed.

Don't know if this means anything but Madden '17 was nominated for best in show at E3.

I'm excited. The past two years, I have been a top 50 online ranked player, using KC exclusively (XB1 if you want to play). The gameplay has been improving over the years, and you will see a huge overhaul probably madden 18 or 19, when they migrate to the frostbite engine. Right now the limiting factor is the crappy ignite engine.

It will be a chess match this year. Zones playing correctly, gap control, route matching concepts... kids will not be able to run FB dive and bench concepts all game. There are some posts from game changers that have logged over 40 hours already testing. The threads are over at operation sports.

ThaVirus 06-16-2016 12:45 PM

They really need to fix the defensive AI recognition. I hate when dudes online use the same three plays all game.

LiL stumppy 06-16-2016 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12278021)

Don't ****ing tell me that they've hit the glass ceiling with this, either. Take a look at the MLB games. Every year the gameplay and graphics improve. The multiplayer improves as well.

What the need to do is sell this year's copy with free roster DLC updates for next year and take a while to really improve the product.

Every year people defend this tripe. Oooh WOW! We can now edit a player mid season!
Yaay!

**** them. Give the license back to 2K sports and see what a real NFL game looks like.

While I would normally agree, this year was the best game play I have ever seen. It actually made me excited about '17.

Aspengc8 06-16-2016 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12278216)
They really need to fix the defensive AI recognition. I hate when dudes online use the same three plays all game.

That has nothing to do with AI recognition, but rather your calling the wrong defenses. If you keep calling 2 man press, and he is running a rub/mesh concept, you will get beat every single time. 4 verticals will trash cover 3 every single time. I didn't use any of those 'nano' glitch blitzes or anything like that to make it that high into ranked, just solid play calling. The trick is, most kids will 'show their hand' right away.. and then you just make one or two defensive adjustments and they are completely shut down. Nano blitzes are easy to stop as well with slide protection & additional hot routed blockers.

M17 has new corrected zones that defend passing concepts correctly, ie buzz zones will sit to corner routes and give the flat up correctly.

ThaVirus 06-16-2016 01:53 PM

Madden '17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 12278334)
That has nothing to do with AI recognition, but rather your calling the wrong defenses. If you keep calling 2 man press, and he is running a rub/mesh concept, you will get beat every single time. 4 verticals will trash cover 3 every single time. I didn't use any of those 'nano' glitch blitzes or anything like that to make it that high into ranked, just solid play calling. The trick is, most kids will 'show their hand' right away.. and then you just make one or two defensive adjustments and they are completely shut down. Nano blitzes are easy to stop as well with slide protection & additional hot routed blockers.

M17 has new corrected zones that defend passing concepts correctly, ie buzz zones will sit to corner routes and give the flat up correctly.

If a guy is literally using the same two plays all game my defense should recognize that shit.

I'm sure I could get better at calling correct plays and making pre-snap adjustments though.

Aspengc8 06-16-2016 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12278339)
If a guy is literally using the same two plays all game my defense should recognize that shit.

I'm sure I could get better at calling correct plays and making pre-snap adjustments though.

You are correct- pre snap adjustments you can pretty much create your custom defense on the fly to stop them.

If they are running the same two plays, then YOU should recognize it. Let's say you play a cover 3 sky as base coverage, and he keeps running a bench/flood concept (go route, corner, flat all on one side). By default, Madden cover 3 has a defend in the deep third, and a defend in the flat.. which means he hits the corner route every single time. wide open. Now, you preplay adjustment that flat defender into a buzz zone, and the corner route is taken away. you have to do it with preplay adjustments OR call a defense with buzz zones or a zone that sits on that corner route.

Not a knock on your play calling- just trying to illustrate that there are defenses designed to take away the exact concepts they are beating you with.

ThaVirus 06-16-2016 02:03 PM

I can only control one guy and it's hard to do all of those individual pre-snap adjustments in time.

I guess it comes off as me bitching because I'm just not good enough to overcome this but most guys can't, I'd say. Going back to the last few Madden's I've owned I generally win 2 games for every 1 loss.

I just think it's common sense for them to allow your defenders to "remember" certain play calls if your opponent is abusing them.

Aspengc8 06-16-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12278353)
I can only control one guy and it's hard to do all of those individual pre-snap adjustments in time.

I guess it comes off as me bitching because I'm just not good enough to overcome this but most guys can't, I'd say. Going back to the last few Madden's I've owned I generally win 2 games for every 1 loss.

I just think it's common sense for them to allow your defenders to "remember" certain play calls if your opponent is abusing them.

To be fair, defensive zones did not play correctly in M16, which is why so pre-play adjustment was needed to really stop a lot of the 'money' routes. This year should work out well. Eventually, they will get frostbite engine rolled into it, and hopefully we start seeing the Madden series everyone has dreamed of.

Dayze 06-19-2016 08:46 AM

It'll be the same garbage game as always, with a few tweaks to make you think they've actually improved upon something.
Like my blitzing from the QBs blind side and having a run at the qb for a big hit,only to be foiled at the last moment by the right ****ing tackle kick sliding -all the way across the ****ing pocket , in front of the Qb, to pick me up /block me.

Or the kick off return "blocking", when when you get tackled there are literally 10 opposing players when you're tackled.

It's comical.

Aspengc8 06-20-2016 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12281450)
It'll be the same garbage game as always, with a few tweaks to make you think they've actually improved upon something.
Like my blitzing from the QBs blind side and having a run at the qb for a big hit,only to be foiled at the last moment by the right ****ing tackle kick sliding -all the way across the ****ing pocket , in front of the Qb, to pick me up /block me.

Or the kick off return "blocking", when when you get tackled there are literally 10 opposing players when you're tackled.

It's comical.

Damn, sound like you haven't played since around Madden 15'. Haven't seen a tackle slide across in a few years.

wazu 06-20-2016 08:25 AM

The icing the kicker thing is stupid. Stats don't back it up and actually show a slight tick in improving chances on game-enders.

A Salt Weapon 06-20-2016 09:04 AM

Haven't played since 14. Use to love this game but once 2k went away the gameplay became garbage. Also changing the buttons and not allowing a person to change them to the old style.
**** EAsports

lcarus 06-20-2016 09:55 AM

Quote:

Yaay!

I agree completely except I'd like both 2K and EA (and maybe even more companies) to make NFL games instead of it being exclusive.

lcarus 06-20-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 12283184)
The icing the kicker thing is stupid. Stats don't back it up and actually show a slight tick in improving chances on game-enders.

Yeah if they do make kicking a 3-click thing, meaning once to start the meter, once for power and then once for accuracy, a timeout making it disappear completely would be a bit much.

Aspengc8 06-20-2016 12:06 PM

Some EA access footage starting to get released now. Looks smooth. I like the new swat feature to counter the aggressive catch from last year. Gonna miss lobbing it up to Kelce though :(

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1FbKlmpjdZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aspengc8 06-20-2016 03:02 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tV_Wtqc565I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 06-20-2016 04:39 PM

An actual blocked punt at 2:20

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jWEYQqZZST0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 06-20-2016 06:05 PM

http://i.imgur.com/5yX8J4t.gif

niiiice

kccrow 06-20-2016 07:15 PM

2K makes the worst games in the business. Every single version of NBA2K I've ever owned has had some major bug/flaw to work around, that they never fully fix with an update that takes a year to come out with anyhow.

At least EA makes a game that doesn't make me restart my machine after every game and whatnot. EA could do better, but they are light years better than anything I've ever seen from 2K.

Hammock Parties 06-20-2016 07:17 PM

The new kick blocking stuff is balanced really well. Looks like you have an opportunity to block almost any kick if you time it right, but it comes with a significant chance of roughing the kicker.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yIs8f3zTIpY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 06-20-2016 07:29 PM

Clutch kicking/freeze kicker is shown at the end of this video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YWj5hrhFYm0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gonzo 06-20-2016 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 12283274)
I agree completely except I'd like both 2K and EA (and maybe even more companies) to make NFL games instead of it being exclusive.

That's actually what I meant. The purchasers and the NFL would prosper even more if there was healthy competition instead of a monopoly. Can anyone tell me that more money would not be made if more than one company had the license? Would the products not be better?

Looks like madden is really hanging their hat on the new super uber block a kick feature that was common on the '05-'07 editions.
The graphics look identical to the 13-16 versions.

It's tiring and I refuse to play this turd until somethings done about this issue.

EDIT: I can't believe I'm about to say this but EA may need to take note of what Ubisoft is doing with assassins creed. Take a year off, show me something better. Imagine how good syndicate could've been if they had a whole year to perfect. I mean Christ, it was a good game but they packed way too many boring side missions into it.

Look at what SIG is doing with God of War... They took a couple years off and totally refined the game. It's similar but different too. That game will be something else.

Gonzo 06-20-2016 10:04 PM

Another bitch... You absolutely can't tell me that with the powerful consoles and pc's we have now, we can't have more realistic football games? I used to play NFL games more than anything before I became a pure game dork. Now? The only one I'll play really is MLB and maybe NHL.

I know they have the technology they just don't have the time. EA is like a mid 1700's land-owner. Whip those boys until your product is out making money.

It took some serious shit for them to approve the new battlefield 1. "Kids won't want to play a WW1 game." Was the exact quote. This is a game for adults according to the rating system. Therefore, idiots.

Hammock Parties 06-20-2016 11:54 PM

Madden is going to frostbite in the next year or two, and that is when you will see a complete graphical overhaul.

They have made a lot more changes than just "block a kick," though.

New World Order 06-21-2016 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12284207)
Madden is going to frostbite in the next year or two, and that is when you will see a complete graphical overhaul.

If that's true I'll definitely get 18. Fifa 17 is using frostbite and it looks amazing.

Gonzo 06-21-2016 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12284207)

Why can't they do that now??? Oh right, nvmd.

Hammock Parties 06-21-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12284249)
Why can't they do that now??? Oh right, nvmd.

The problem with Madden has never been the graphics.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-21-2016 06:23 PM

Block kicks rarely happen in real games so i see this becoming a ridiculous glitch fest.

Aspengc8 06-21-2016 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12285009)
Block kicks rarely happen in real games so i see this becoming a ridiculous glitch fest.

The user has to time the snap in order to block. You can fake snap and get them off-sides almost every time.

Hammock Parties 06-22-2016 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12285009)

Nah I think they have this well balanced. In addition to the offsides penalty the chance to rough the kicker looks substantial.

I see people only using it when they absolutely have to block a kick or there is little risk in going for the attempt (i.e. end of half).

Sofa King 06-22-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Yaay!

Heard that!

Dayze 06-22-2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 12283146)
Damn, sound like you haven't played since around Madden 15'. Haven't seen a tackle slide across in a few years.

Yeah. I think I have 15 or 16. Which was a gift from my brother in law last year for my birthday. He wasn't aware of my Madden boycott. Lol. It was improved from my last copy which I think was '12 I think. But I can't imagine buying a new copy each year to arrive at what I have now with 15/16(I can't rmemenber).

That game, as it comes out now each year, should be a $35 game at best.

listopencil 06-22-2016 05:29 PM

This is how I feel about Madden, NSFW:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MAusMcu513U?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch 06-23-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12286181)
This is how I feel about Madden, NSFW:

So I shouldn't buy an out-dated console for $350 + $60 game + extra controller?

kccrow 06-23-2016 06:17 PM

i haven't even upgraded to a ps4 and i don't know if i will. might just wait about 4 more years for the next generation to come out. my boys would be 9 and 11 at that point and would actually enjoy it too.

Hammock Parties 06-23-2016 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12287562)
i haven't even upgraded to a ps4 and i don't know if i will. might just wait about 4 more years for the next generation to come out. my boys would be 9 and 11 at that point and would actually enjoy it too.

The ps3 looks like shit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eLELy1TKeGQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 08-18-2016 06:38 PM

ROFL

http://i.imgur.com/X3Ar9o1.jpg

Hammock Parties 08-18-2016 06:45 PM

Game looks smooth, though. Polished. Me likey.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AcJZcMzjDNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blocked kick for TD:

http://i.imgur.com/mmFn697.gif

ThaVirus 08-18-2016 08:42 PM

First time that happens to me I'll throw my controller

Mother****erJones 08-18-2016 09:47 PM

I'm going to give madden one last chance this season. I've been turned off lately by the current franchise mode.

Aspengc8 08-19-2016 01:01 PM

I've been playing with EA early access. I love the gameplay so far. Best tip I can give if you decide to pick this game up, go through the skills trainer. After you do that, do it again. You will get punished if you can't read coverages or understand passing concepts. The gap control system feels fluid on defense, as do the pattern matching coverages. Blocking AI feels improved and 4 man rushes can generate some pressure.

lcarus 08-19-2016 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12375407)
First time that happens to me I'll throw my controller

Same. But I'm sorta glad it might be even possible to block a FG. I don't think I ever blocked one against the CPU in last years game. Came kinda close several times.

Dayze 08-19-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 12376252)
I've been playing with EA early access. I love the gameplay so far. Best tip I can give if you decide to pick this game up, go through the skills trainer. After you do that, do it again. You will get punished if you can't read coverages or understand passing concepts. The gap control system feels fluid on defense, as do the pattern matching coverages. Blocking AI feels improved and 4 man rushes can generate some pressure.

:hmmm:

Setsuna 08-20-2016 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12375095)
Game looks smooth, though. Polished. Me likey.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AcJZcMzjDNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blocked kick for TD:

http://i.imgur.com/mmFn697.gif

Don't fall in love with BB5 playing with the Jags....never mind it's too late.:shake:

Mother****erJones 08-21-2016 06:49 PM

Quote:

It better because it feels like I can't get pressure with a good dline now and I should. It's silly that Poe gets driven back so much

Mother****erJones 08-21-2016 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 12377866)
Don't fall in love with BB5 playing with the Jags....never mind it's too late.:shake:

I really hope Jax kicks ass this season except vs KC :) I like Bortles and his offense.

Sorter 08-21-2016 07:04 PM

Quote:

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/...an-d4dhph6.gif

Thumbs and slice are returning to Madden, bitches.

Hammock Parties 08-21-2016 07:42 PM

two more days, man

stoked

can't wait to miss a FG

Aspengc8 08-22-2016 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 12380400)
http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/...an-d4dhph6.gif

Thumbs and slice are returning to Madden, bitches.

You might have to start giving out Madden tips on defending certain popular route concepts.

http://runcodhit.blogspot.com/2010/0...e-cover-7.html

thabear04 08-22-2016 12:59 PM

AFC Team Ratings.

Pats

Chiefs

Steelers

Ravens

Bengals

Raiders

Broncos

Titans

Bills

Chargers

Texans

Jags

Fins

Jets

Browns

thabear04 08-22-2016 01:09 PM

NFC Team Ratings.

Panthers

Packers

Seahawks

Cards

Cowboys

Lions

Giants

Eagles

Saints

Falcons

Vinkings

Redskins

Rams

Bucs

49ers

Bears

Setsuna 08-22-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12287562)

The last gen took 7 years for this current one to come out.

Aspengc8 08-22-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 12381124)
AFC Team Ratings.

Pats

Chiefs

Steelers

Ravens

Bengals

Raiders

Broncos

Titans

Bills

Chargers

Texans

Jags

Fins

Jets

Browns

These ratings are all wrong. example, KC is a 84 overall, 81 off, 83 def.

ThaVirus 08-22-2016 02:06 PM

Chiefs have the highest rated defense in the game. Awesome.

thabear04 08-22-2016 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 12381228)
These ratings are all wrong. example, KC is a 84 overall, 81 off, 83 def.

I just copy whatever I saw from the main madden site.

carcosa 08-22-2016 02:24 PM

Wasn't considering buying the game until I saw this. Good, dynamic commentary would do so much to improve the in-game experience. Especially compared to last year's commentary, which wasn't just repetitive, but straight-up broken.

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...ommentary-team

thabear04 08-22-2016 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 12381292)
Wasn't considering buying the game until I saw this. Good, dynamic commentary would do so much to improve the in-game experience. Especially compared to last year's commentary, which wasn't just repetitive, but straight-up broken.

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...ommentary-team

No more phil simms finally.

Hammock Parties 08-22-2016 06:13 PM

hnnnnnnnnng

http://images.performgroup.com/di/li...?t=-1346612346

thabear04 08-22-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12381639)

I bet he drop it.

Dayze 08-22-2016 07:01 PM

I think i see the number in the background to text the Chiefs brass if fans around you are hurting your feelings.

Mother****erJones 08-22-2016 07:14 PM

I'm very salty that Peters is an 82

Sorter 08-22-2016 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 12380777)
You might have to start giving out Madden tips on defending certain popular route concepts.

http://runcodhit.blogspot.com/2010/0...e-cover-7.html

LMAO.

Hammock Parties 08-23-2016 12:59 AM

****ed around with the drills. So smooth this year. Animations are greatly improved. Ball carrier moves are siiiiick. I love hurdling.

Menus seem a little slicker.

Wish I didn't have to sleep.

Reviews pouring in and many are pleased.

Quote:

Madden 17 is the best Madden so far. I'm so excited waiting for it to release in less than an hour so I can play again. Thought I'd share my excitement by giving my observations on the game so far to those who haven't had the chance yet.

Ballcarrier movement actually feels incredible this year. Momentum actually means something and has a noticeable effect.
Loading times are practically cut in half. Baller.

You can skip practically EVERYTHING by holding A. Intro/Halftime show? SKIP. Timeout breaks? SKIP EM. Booth challeneges? ****ING SKIPPED THANK GOD
edit: thanks /u/tower_of_cheese for reminding me: NEW ZONE COVERAGE THAT ACTUALLY WORKS ARE YOU SHITTING ME HELL YES

Remember when receivers running towards the sidelines would catch the ball and stupidly run out of bounds even though there was totally space to cut back? Gone. Fixed. Cutbacks galore.
New Commentators? Glorious fast-slow-fast replays? ****in' Pylon Cam? You're god damned right.

The ball physics, man. It makes a difference when the football feels like it exists on the same plane as the players. I've seen lots of tips and bounces that made me take notice of how good they actually looked.

My huge tight-end realistically smashed his way through three defenders and carried two of them into the end zone in a glorious Gronk-like play. And the physics looked ****ing amazing. And the commentators actually sounded excited. And then it cuts to an awesome, relevant Pylon-Cam angle that shows him just breaking the plane before going down. And then I can easily Hold A to skip to the next playcall screen almost instantly when I want. It's fluid, fun, and it feels like football more than any game before it.

Play the Moment? I wasn't really interested in this at first, but I decided to try it so I could get through more games with my limited hours of trial. Guess what: it's ****ing awesome. It's a great way to play a single-player franchise season quicker, and yet still feel responsible for winning/losing every game. It's an incredible blend between play & sim franchises, and you've got to blend the respective team development approaches in order to build a great team. It makes the season more difficult without actually making the gameplay harder, which I think is a welcome new kind of challenge. And you get through games in 20-30 minutes rather than 60. And the best part is: you can switch to playing the full game, Playing the Moments, playing just offense, or playing just defense at any time. After every play if you want to. Play at whatever pace you want, and it'll still be fun.

Franchise: **** yeah. So many little annoyances fixed, and so many welcome new features. Fast RBs are back. Photos of generated rookie players are actual photos of their 3D modeled faces. Practice squads. Formation subs. Game planning gives you relevant info about your upcoming opponent and actually give you bonuses to specific types of plays during that game.
I'm not saying it's a perfect game, but this is the biggest step forward I can remember in the last 10 years. Get excited, guys, it's going to be an amazing year of football.
Chiefs OL and secondary are hot garbage in the game BTW.

RobBlake 08-23-2016 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12382048)
****ed around with the drills. So smooth this year. Animations are greatly improved. Ball carrier moves are siiiiick. I love hurdling.

honest rating... worth the price tag?

Hammock Parties 08-23-2016 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 12382052)
honest rating... worth the price tag?

I've only mucked around with drills and looked at the roster so far, but first impressions are awesome. It just feels so smooth.

I kinda wish I could import my franchise from '17 because I'm gonna miss my players.

I might just sit down and edit an entire league of rosters to continue the franchise I have going.

New World Order 08-23-2016 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12382048)

Chiefs OL and secondary are hot garbage in the game BTW.

Just like Saturday.

This game is so realistic.

Hammock Parties 08-23-2016 10:18 AM

Custom offensive and defensive playbooks created.

Starting franchise mode NAO.

I'll be playing as Clark Hunt, gutting the defense, switching to a 4-3, and looking at QB prospects STAT. There's some douche named Cameron Wolff who's already being hyped despite being a pitcher last week. KC WOLFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Also: XP sliders available in offline franchise this year!

ThaVirus 08-23-2016 10:25 AM

Madden '17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12382342)
Custom offensive and defensive playbooks created.

Starting franchise mode NAO.

I'll be playing as Clark Hunt, gutting the defense, switching to a 4-3, and looking at QB prospects STAT. There's some douche named Cameron Wolff who's already being hyped despite being a pitcher last week. KC WOLFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Start a new thread, Mals. Let us accompany you on your journey.

Hammock Parties 08-23-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12382352)
Start a new thread, Mals. Let us accompany you on your journey.

there's not going to be a ton of action in this one. i think it will suffice.