ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****The Official "It's time for me to eat shit on the McCluster pick" Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234150)

Mr. Flopnuts 09-26-2010 11:50 AM

****The Official "It's time for me to eat shit on the McCluster pick" Thread****

****ing crown his ass. He is dynamic, and more important than anyone else we could've taken at that point. I know nothing. Great ****ing call, Scott!

kstater 09-26-2010 11:51 AM

LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts 09-26-2010 11:55 AM

Our defense looks monstrous. So for all we talked about needing to improve the front 7, they're just fine. The offense on the other hand, obviously needs playmakers, and that may not be enough for Matty McCastle. Without Dex, we don't win in San Diego, and we don't have 7 right now. Crown his ass. Glad he's a Chief, and I bitched, whined, and moaned when that pick was made. I'm just sayin'.

Reaper16 09-26-2010 11:59 AM

I won't eat shit on the pick until I see McCluster healthy and productive in his third season. I will, however, cheer him on and hope that he gets there.

threebag 09-26-2010 12:03 PM

Put a little salt on it gives it a little something.

Skyy God 09-26-2010 12:06 PM

Nice adjustment, rook.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-26-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 7038160)
Nice adjustment, rook.

Absolutely. Another great play by Dex.

Skyy God 09-26-2010 12:10 PM

Either Weis just figured out how to use DMC, or his light just went on.

beach tribe 09-26-2010 12:17 PM

It's time for a lot of the Doom, and Gloomers, and Pioli bashers to start eating shit with a shovel. To pull this team together like this in TWO seasons?
Bow before you Don.

Chief Pote 09-26-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 7037925)
****ing crown his ass. He is dynamic, and more important than anyone else we could've taken at that point. I know nothing. Great ****ing call, Scott!

Nobody said you did. :D

Nightfyre 09-26-2010 12:23 PM

+1 to this thread. *hangs head in shame*

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-26-2010 12:27 PM

Me too. I warmed up to him after a little explanation...and even though he's still a rb...I'm happy. I was furious at first even knowing he tore up the SEC

Saul Good 09-26-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7038056)
I won't eat shit on the pick until I see McCluster healthy and productive in his third season. I will, however, cheer him on and hope that he gets there.

Yeah, if Pioli makes him get injured, that's a bad decision.

Reaper16 09-26-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7038544)
Yeah, if Pioli makes him get injured, that's a bad decision.

Try being intellectually honest next time.

LaChapelle 09-26-2010 12:35 PM

All the picks the draft geeks cried over are doing great
the one they jacked off about not so hot
though it all could change

Fritz88 09-26-2010 12:35 PM

I want to see him doing the same against great Defenses. He should deliver.

For now, I'll drink piss.

Ming the Merciless 09-26-2010 12:36 PM

I'm not gonna eat shit yet...But I am gonna put it on a plate and start getting my fork and knife....maybe a tortilla and a little salsa...

He looks amazing. I thought he was a gimmick......wow....

Saul Good 09-26-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7038559)
Try being intellectually honest next time.

I assume you'll give Pioli 3 years to see if his moves pan out, then, even if you disagree with them.

Saul Good 09-26-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 7038568)
I want to see him doing the same against great Defenses. He should deliver.

For now, I'll drink piss.

49ers don't qualify?

the Talking Can 09-26-2010 12:47 PM

as soon as people apologize for the entirety of the 2009 draft

sure

we were wrong about a slot wr

pioli was wrong about the franchise qb

Reaper16 09-26-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7038653)
I assume you'll give Pioli 3 years to see if his moves pan out, then, even if you disagree with them.

What moves? Are you referring to Cassel? That is a move of a different sort than a draft pick.

milkman 09-26-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

This

Ming the Merciless 09-26-2010 12:55 PM

wooooooooooo nice TD

BossChief 09-26-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7038689)
What moves? Are you referring to Cassel? That is a move of a different sort than a draft pick.

He has a point.

Reaper16 09-26-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7038785)
He has a point.

I don't want to clutter up this love thread with this, but... what point is is that he has?

Saul Good 09-26-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7038689)

Any of them. Cassel sucks, but that was still the right move. It just hasn't worked out. Vrabel has been surprisingly effective as well.

God, do we need a QB. It pisses me off that we even have to discuss Cassel.

Reaper16 09-26-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7038821)
Any of them. Cassel sucks, but that was still the right move. It just hasn't worked out. Vrabel has been surprisingly effective as well.

God, do we need a QB. It pisses me off that we even have to discuss Cassel.

It was the "right move" to trade for a demonstrably awful 27-year-old QB instead of drafting one? That was the WRONG move, no matter how good or bad Cassel would be for the Chiefs.

BossChief 09-26-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7038809)
I don't want to clutter up this love thread with this, but... what point is is that he has?

if you (or anyone else) aren't gonna give credit for DexFactor being a good pick because of time and longevity ...you have to do the same for his other moves...this really shouldn't need further explanation.

Reaper16 09-26-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7038881)
if you (or anyone else) aren't gonna give credit for DexFactor being a good pick because of time and longevity ...you have to do the same for his other moves...this really shouldn't need further explanation.

Note that longevity was one of the biggest knocks on McCluster, specifically.

Still, the key word is "yet." I'm not ready to call the McCluster or Arenas picks good YET. Because of how opposed they are to viable conceptions of draft value. Berry is different. He could bust and the pick would still be good.

With the other picks in the 2010 (and 2009) drafts I will not call them good until they prove that they were worth eschewing draft value for. I am also not prepared to say that I am right about those picks until I am proven right.

Saul Good 09-26-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7038879)
It was the "right move" to trade for a demonstrably awful 27-year-old QB instead of drafting one? That was the WRONG move, no matter how good or bad Cassel would be for the Chiefs.

A starting QB and starting LB for a second round pick is a good move. I was never a fan of Cassel, but I was hoping that he would work out. It was great value for what we gave up, and the upside was huge.

Reaper16 09-26-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7038927)
A starting QB and starting LB for a second round pick is a good move. I was never a fan of Cassel, but I was hoping that he would work out. It was great value for what we gave up, and the upside was huge.

The value of the trade was very good on-paper. But all you had to do was watch games of Cassel's to see how shitty he was.

Brock 09-26-2010 01:16 PM

People can shut the **** up about the Moeaki pick too.

Saul Good 09-26-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7038917)
Note that longevity was one of the biggest knocks on McCluster, specifically.

This doesn't even make sense, at least not the way you phrased it. Either way, anyone can get hurt. Is he small? Sure. So what? He's a weapon. I'd rather have a weapon for a few years and take my chances with an injury than draft somebody who is just a guy.

Saul Good 09-26-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7039001)

Nope. He has to play at this level for 15 years to justify the pick.

Delano 09-26-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7039001)

I need to eat crow on that one. What a ****ing athlete.

Reaper16 09-26-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7039016)
This doesn't even make sense, at least not the way you phrased it. Either way, anyone can get hurt. Is he small? Sure. So what? He's a weapon. I'd rather have a weapon for a few years and take my chances with an injury than draft somebody who is just a guy.

I would never want someone who is "just a guy" with a second round pick, either. The argument, since you're too dishonest to acknwoledge it, was that a foundational talent would a much better pick that a slot WR whose size makes it more likely that he won't be an impact player when the Chiefs are ready to compete for a championship. The argument is essentially long-term thinking vs short-term.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7039038)
Nope. He has to play at this level for 15 years to justify the pick.

You're such a dishonest sonofabitch.

chris 09-26-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7038686)

sure

whaaaaa!

Crush 09-26-2010 06:46 PM

I think I will have my crow with a side salad and some home-made biscuits.

Marcellus 09-26-2010 06:52 PM

I recommend some Frank's hot sauce, it makes everything taste better.

And for the record I have been on the band wagon of McCluster, Moeaki, Berry, and Arenas from day one.

And for the record, it is nice to not be wrong for ****ing once.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-26-2010 06:56 PM

Moeaki is turning into the steal of this draft. That catch he made today was unbelievable.

Pitt Gorilla 09-26-2010 07:50 PM

Who would have thought that Pioli et al. know more about football than fans? Shocking.

BTW,

I don't get the need to hate on any pick until they've had a chance to actually play.

Pitt Gorilla 09-26-2010 08:11 PM

How is Cody playing? I'll admit that I haven't paid much attention to many other teams. I would guess, though, that he's probably not having the type of impact that DMC is.

BossChief 09-26-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 7041558)
How is Cody playing? I'll admit that I haven't paid much attention to many other teams. I would guess, though, that he's probably not having the type of impact that DMC is.

Well, with all due respect to the impact DexFactor has made for us, I wouldnt be a bit surprised to see Cody become a dominant player after his second season and play at a high level for a long time...and for Dex to only last 6-8 years in the league.

Thing some of these guys are missing is that we NEEDED PLAYMAKERS NOW...not three years from now.

Dex was a good pick.

keg in kc 09-26-2010 08:31 PM

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Cody buffet himself out of the league.

Not that I'm predicting that, just that it's a possibility.

I'm going to go eat some cookies now.

Pitt Gorilla 09-26-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7041682)
Well, with all due respect to the impact DexFactor has made for us, I wouldnt be a bit surprised to see Cody become a dominant player after his second season and play at a high level for a long time...and for Dex to only last 6-8 years in the league.

Thing some of these guys are missing is that we NEEDED PLAYMAKERS NOW...not three years from now.

Dex was a good pick.

People wanted Cody to come in and start. Maybe he would have, but I think the guys we have now are doing just fine (and I imagine Romeo et al. already knew that going into the draft).

ChiefsCountry 09-26-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7038686)

sure

This. :clap:

BigRedChief 09-26-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 7037925)

Thats why he is the GM and we arn't.

As a supporter of his for Chiefs GM since 2004 I do have to still question his judgement on Cassel. But even if Cassell is a flop, his ratio of hits vs. misses is leaning towards the positive side.

Rigodan 09-26-2010 08:36 PM

It still doesn't change the fact that McCluster is redundant.

He is a great returner but Javier Arenas looks just as good.

On offense he had 2 carries for -1 yards and caught 3 passes out of the backfield for 69 yards. Charles could have taken those snaps and we probably wouldn't have noticed a difference. They were great plays but it's not that much different than having Charles back there if you're gonna use him like that.

Until he starts catching passes out of the slot or is effective for 8-10 touches a game i'm not ready to call it a good pick. McCluster is doing things that other guys on the roster can do just as well as him. Seems redundant to me.

Saul Good 09-26-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7039151)
I would never want someone who is "just a guy" with a second round pick, either. The argument, since you're too dishonest to acknwoledge it, was that a foundational talent would a much better pick that a slot WR whose size makes it more likely that he won't be an impact player when the Chiefs are ready to compete for a championship. The argument is essentially long-term thinking vs short-term.

You're such a dishonest sonofabitch.

The argument is whether or not McCluster was a good pick in the second round of the draft, not whether some theoretical player might have had a larger impact. This was a solid pick, and the early returns show that it has the potential to be a homerun. I didn't like the pick at the time, as I would have taken Cody and Clausen in the second round. I'm just honest enough to admit that having this guy changes the entire complexion of the game.

We have so much more speed with McCluster and JC in the game than we did at this time last year that it makes the entire offense better. Maybe Clausen and Cody turn out to be even better, and maybe they don't. That doesn't make Dex a bad pick.

dirk digler 09-26-2010 08:53 PM

No problem Flopnuts. You ****ed up along with others. :D

Brock 09-26-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7041738)
It still doesn't change the fact that McCluster is redundant.

He is a great returner but Javier Arenas looks just as good.

On offense he had 2 carries for -1 yards and caught 3 passes out of the backfield for 69 yards. Charles could have taken those snaps and we probably wouldn't have noticed a difference. They were great plays but it's not that much different than having Charles back there if you're gonna use him like that.

Until he starts catching passes out of the slot or is effective for 8-10 touches a game i'm not ready to call it a good pick. McCluster is doing things that other guys on the roster can do just as well as him. Seems redundant to me.

Wow, dumb.

Saul Good 09-26-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7041848)
Wow, dumb.

It's a little known fact that, in the NFL, you only need one fast guy who can make big plays on your team.

tk13 09-26-2010 09:01 PM

I would love to see Charles and Dex in a foot race. It's crazy to say someone is faster than Charles, but Dex might be the guy. He is an absolutely devastating weapon out there. While everyone else will bang on the Charles train... I'm not sure Dex isn't the guy we aren't giving enough touches. His top speed out there is frightening.

Also loved all the formations and shifting we were throwing out there today with Jones, Charles, and Dex on the field. That is some serious firepower.

Rigodan 09-26-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7041848)
Wow, dumb.

Seriously, I don't see what he is adding at this point? All his big plays were out of the backfield while Charles was out of the game. And its not like Charles is getting overworked and needs a breather.

Saul Good 09-26-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 7041886)
I would love to see Charles and Dex in a foot race. It's crazy to say someone is faster than Charles, but Dex might be the guy. He is an absolutely devastating weapon out there. While everyone else will bang on the Charles train... I'm not sure Dex isn't the guy we aren't giving enough touches. His top speed out there is frightening.

Also loved all the formations and shifting we were throwing out there today with Jones, Charles, and Dex on the field. That is some serious firepower.

Charles is faster. Dex is quicker.

Coach 09-26-2010 09:03 PM

I never questioned the pick. It was obvious that the previous year, we had Bobby ****ing Wade, and Lance ****ing Long. KC needed playmakers outside of Charles, and it needed it in a bad way.

This kid is worlds better than those two stooges combined.

LOCOChief 09-26-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

You might not be ready to " eat shit on the pick" until year 3 but I'll bet you gobbel a bunch of weinies between now and then. Am I right or what?

Rigodan 09-26-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 7041886)

This is what I'm saying. We almost don't have enough touches to use Dex properly. Why would we use an early second round pick on a guy that is either going to take touches away from Charles or sit on the bench and not get enough touches.

Brock 09-26-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7041892)
Seriously, I don't see what he is adding at this point? All his big plays were out of the backfield while Charles was out of the game. And its not like Charles is getting overworked and needs a breather.

Yeah, it's not like this team can use a guy who can score from anyplace on the field and is a super dangerous returner. :shake:

Rigodan 09-26-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7041923)
Yeah, it's not like this team can use a guy who can score from anyplace on the field and is a super dangerous returner. :shake:

See Charles, Jamaal and Arenas, Javier.

redundant

If he can do we he did today from the slot that's different but he didn't do anything in the previous 2 games and made a difference today when he was lined up in the backfield.

Brock 09-26-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7041940)
See Charles, Jamaal and Arenas, Javier.

redundant

If he can do we he did today from the slot that's different but he didn't do anything in the previous 2 games and made a difference today when he was lined up in the backfield.

It isn't redundant. It's more. It's another player they have to worry about. This is a stupid argument, bye.

Reaper16 09-26-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 7041914)
You might not be ready to " eat shit on the pick" until year 3 but I'll bet you gobbel a bunch of weinies between now and then. Am I right or what?

Hilarious! A Gay joke!

Rigodan 09-26-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7041957)
It isn't redundant. It's more. It's another player they have to worry about. This is a stupid argument, bye.

I believe he made all his plays today lined up in the backfield with Charles out of the game.

Previous 2 games he hasn't given much reason to worry about him.

2 catches -9 yards
2 carries - 3 yards

That is both games combined.

Plus 49ers refused to cover anyone in the flat today which helped him a lot.

Saul Good 09-26-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7041988)
I believe he made all his plays today lined up in the backfield with Charles out of the game.

2 catches -9 yards
2 carries - 3 yards

I guess the 95 yard punt return for a TD that completely changed the game was no big deal.

BossChief 09-26-2010 09:20 PM

This Rigodan guy is a fool

beer bacon 09-26-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7041892)

Frankly, I think we should just our best WR out there and keep the rest on the bench. Why bother with three WRs when we can just put one guy out there? We can save money that way too. I am a genious.

Rigodan 09-26-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7042002)
I guess the 95 yard punt return for a TD that completely changed the game was no big deal.

Yes he's a great punt returner but it can be argued that Arenas is just as good.

Only one guy can return kicks or punts at a time.

LOCOChief 09-26-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7041984)
Hilarious! A Gay joke!

That just makes it more funny

BossChief 09-26-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

not like he broke a tackle on the guy that was covering him in the flat or anything, then dove through three defenders to score....

just quit, please

Rigodan 09-26-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon (Post 7042004)
Frankly, I think we should just our best WR out there and keep the rest on the bench. Why bother with three WRs when we can just put one guy out there? We can save money that way too. I am a genious.

I haven't see him do anything when he is lined up in the slot this year and it's been 3 games now. If he has to line up in the backfield to be effective it's pointless because we already have Charles.

Look, I think he's a great player. But the chiefs haven't found a way to exploit that yet out of the slot and it's starting to worry me.

Saul Good 09-26-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7042017)
Yes he's a great punt returner but it can be argued that Arenas is just as good.

Only one guy can return kicks or punts at a time.

Arenas was gassed when Charles ran that punt back. It's why Haley had McCluster replace him for that return. Only one guy at a time can catch a pass. That doesn't mean that we should only carry 1 WR.

DBOSHO 09-26-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

2 catches -9 yards
2 carries - 3 yards

Bobby wade?

kysirsoze 09-26-2010 09:27 PM

I was sold on McCluster about 10 minutes after the pick. I even went full homer and drafted him in my fantasy league. I just couldn't pass up someone who has his kind of scoring ability and is on the Chiefs.

I haven't started him yet but he outscored Fitzgerald and Addai today so he's making a case.

Saul Good 09-26-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7042036)
I haven't see him do anything when he is lined up in the slot this year and it's been 3 games now. If he has to line up in the backfield to be effective it's pointless because we already have Charles.

Look, I think he's a great player. But the chiefs haven't found a way to exploit that yet out of the slot and it's starting to worry me.

In 3 games, he only has 2 touchdowns. I'm worried, too.

Rigodan 09-26-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7042031)
not like he broke a tackle on the guy that was covering him in the flat or anything, then dove through three defenders to score....

just quit, please

Who says Charles couldn't have done that. He caught that pass out of the backfield with Charles out. It's not like Charles is being overworked.

Look at his offensive production in previous 2 games too.

If we spent a 2nd round pick to get a guy that does what Charles does and has to take Charles out of the game to do, what is the point?

kysirsoze 09-26-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7042036)

How in God's name can anything about that game "worry" you? Just because every player we have hasn't blown up the fantasy scores, doesn't mean they won't continue to contribute. He's being worked into the offense. He's a rookie who just finished his 3rd game and he's already won rookie of the week. Just have a little patience for God's sake.

Rigodan 09-26-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7042056)
In 3 games, he only has 2 touchdowns. I'm worried, too.

I'm just saying he needs to be productive in the offense from the slot or it's a redundant pick.

Thus far he hasn't been productive from the slot

Brock 09-26-2010 09:33 PM

A couple of weeks ago, he hadn't yet been a threat on punt returns. Until today, he hadn't really been a pass catching threat. It's WEEK 3.

kysirsoze 09-26-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7042066)
Who says Charles couldn't have done that. He caught that pass out of the backfield with Charles out. It's not like Charles is being overworked.

Look at his offensive production in previous 2 games too.

If we spent a 2nd round pick to get a guy that does what Charles does and has to take Charles out of the game to do, what is the point?

Because when they're both in the game you have to account for BOTH of them. /obvious

kysirsoze 09-26-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7042085)
I'm just saying he needs to be productive in the offense from the slot or it's a redundant pick.
Thus far he hasn't been productive from the slot

And you are just wrong. Sorry.