ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Browns, Bucs & Lions. Is this shit real? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280137)

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-01-2014 11:18 AM

Browns, Bucs & Lions. Is this shit real?

The Browns are rumored to be interested in Josh McDaniels

The Bucs are rumored to be interested in Scott Pioli

The Lions are rumored to be interviewing Jim Caldwell & Tom Cable for thier HC postion

Snapplez 01-01-2014 11:19 AM

Shitty franchises make shitty decisions

TribalElder 01-01-2014 11:20 AM

Lions get lovie smith?

Simplicity 01-01-2014 11:20 AM

HERM!!!!11!!!!!11!!

WhawhaWhat 01-01-2014 11:23 AM

http://i38.tinypic.com/24gog0w.gif

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-01-2014 11:26 AM

Caldwell can hire the sign language guy from the Mendela funeral as a spokesman
Cable & Suh will be fighting on the sidelines

FloridaMan88 01-01-2014 11:27 AM

Lions might be interviewing Caldwell just to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

ping2000 01-01-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapplez (Post 10325867)
Shitty franchises make shitty decisions

Yeah, we hired Pioli, Crennel, Herm, Gunther, Frank Gansz, etc. we are hardly a brain trust.

Rausch 01-01-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10325877)

LMAO

Snapplez 01-01-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 10325897)
Yeah, we hired Pioli, Crennel, Herm, Gunther, Frank Gansz, etc. we are hardly a brain trust.

Shut up :cuss:

Lex Luthor 01-01-2014 11:51 AM

Everybody says the Lions need disclipline. Tom Cable will break your jaw if you get out of line. Sounds like a pretty good choice to me.

Rausch 01-01-2014 11:53 AM

PLEASE hire them all...

Bowser 01-01-2014 11:55 AM

Why is it so hard to see that hiring Patriot coaches/front office guys is an illusion? The Patriot Way is two people - Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. But the Browns will likely hire McDaniels because they're the Browns, completely forgetting how he gutted the Broncos in two seasons.

Sassy Squatch 01-01-2014 11:56 AM

Lions might as well hire Mangino if they want discipline. He will bordeline torture you if you get out of line.

Mav 01-01-2014 11:56 AM

Oh, the Browns are hiring the trifecta.

Jim Schwartz. Josh McDaniels, and on top of having Hoyer, are also trading for Ryan Mallett.

No, I can confirm, this shit is beyond a nightmare. They are trying to make their REAL LIFE, much more ridiculous than the movie with Kevin Costner.

Lightrise 01-01-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10325946)
Everybody says the Lions need disclipline. Tom Cable will break your jaw if you get out of line. Sounds like a pretty good choice to me.

This is meaningless of course, but even at 70 Marty Schottenheimer would win a Super Bowl with the Lions. I can't think of anybody else on earth that can get that done. We'll see.

bevischief 01-01-2014 11:57 AM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

In58men 01-01-2014 11:59 AM

Damn. Poor Brown fans. They are a true joke

Rausch 01-01-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightrise (Post 10325962)
This is meaningless of course, but even at 70 Marty Schottenheimer would win a Super Bowl with the Lions. I can't think of anybody else on earth that can get that done. We'll see.

http://replygif.net/i/1084.gif

Sassy Squatch 01-01-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10325975)

LMAO

Al Bundy 01-01-2014 12:10 PM

The Bucs are NOT interested in Fat Scott. That was a rumor floated by Anthony Becht because he has a buddy buddy relationship with Pioli.

-King- 01-01-2014 12:12 PM

Lions should hire Lovie Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6 01-01-2014 12:19 PM

I would hate to be an owner in search of a coach right now, there isn't a name out there that would interest me in the slightest, outside of Gruden.

The only way i'd even consider Lovie, is if i got to pick his OC.

ThaVirus 01-01-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10325994)
Lions should hire Lovie Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think Lovie is a great coach and could work wonders with that team's talent.

They really need to reel in Stafford though. I had read an article on NFL.com that Stafford said he wasn't interested in working with a coach on his mechanics. Said it wasn't his style or some bullshit. Dude will never learn..

chiefzilla1501 01-01-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10325970)
Damn. Poor Brown fans. They are a true joke

Interviewing McDaniels and Todd Bowles. Tree guys, what do you know. These Bellichick guys are a complete joke.

bevischief 01-01-2014 12:26 PM

Hope all this crap is true...................... I don't give a damn either way.

Red Dawg 01-01-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapplez (Post 10325900)
Shut up :cuss:

SHUUUUUT UUUUUUUP!

Red Dawg 01-01-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10326005)
I would hate to be an owner in search of a coach right now, there isn't a name out there that would interest me in the slightest, outside of Gruden.

The only way i'd even consider Lovie, is if i got to pick his OC.

Gruden is a scared little bitch. He got lucky and is afraid to ruin his bullshit rep of being a good coach by trying again. He hides from coaching.

GoChargers 01-01-2014 12:30 PM

Rumor has it that the Browns were actually TURNED DOWN by McDumbass, and they're reduced to begging Gus Malzahn for an interview.

Bowser 01-01-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10326027)
Rumor has it that the Browns were actually TURNED DOWN by McDumbass, and they're reduced to begging Gus Malzahn for an interview.

Seriously, who would want to go coach that team. The Browns now are the Cardinals of the 90's, pre Jake Plummer. A disaster.

Sassy Squatch 01-01-2014 12:33 PM

Poor Browns

Easy 6 01-01-2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 10326026)
Gruden is a scared little bitch. He got lucky and is afraid to ruin his bullshit rep of being a good coach by trying again. He hides from coaching.

I really doubt he's scared, he just wants the moon and stars... talented roster particularly at QB, tons of control and a buttload of money.

Bowser 01-01-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 10326026)

Quite possibly true, not mentioning that he has a pretty cush high paying job right now.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-01-2014 12:50 PM

I can't piss on anyone. I was ok with giving Romeo another shot.

Bowser 01-01-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10326065)
I can't piss on anyone. I was ok with giving Romeo another shot.

And what have you learned from that?

ChiefRocka 01-01-2014 01:08 PM

I really liked Chud, would've been good for the franchise.

BossChief 01-01-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10326027)

If true, the guy is dumber than I thought. He would be going into a situation he would be able to pick a quarterback to groom behind Hoyer (who should be back to 100% by next season) and be a savior.

The Browns looked pretty damn good with Hoyer and have 2 first round picks to work with.

Draft Sammy Watkins at 4 to pair with Josh Gordon at receiver and come back with the pick from the Colts and add another weapon like a Marquis Lee, Jace Amaro (to run those 2 TE sets) Austin Jenkins or Eric Ebron...or take another QB is one is on the board.

Heck, they could even move the Indy pick or their second rounder to make a trade for Mallett (Who Josh has coached in NE) or Kirk Cousins from Washington.

That team has a SET defense and has the ammunition to get that offense a "very dangerous" distinction.

Any offensive coach that doesn't want that job is a straight up fool...all he has to do is leave the defense untouched and basically be a glorified OC and gain all the credit.

Bowser 01-01-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10326125)
If true, the guy is dumber than I thought. He would be going into a situation he would be able to pick a quarterback to groom behind Hoyer (who should be back to 100% by next season) and be a savior.

The Browns looked pretty damn good with Hoyer and have 2 first round picks to work with.

Draft Sammy Watkins at 4 to pair with Josh Gordon at receiver and come back with the pick from the Colts and add another weapon like a Marquis Lee, Jace Amaro (to run those 2 TE sets) Austin Jenkins or Eric Ebron...or take another QB is one is on the board.

Heck, they could even move the Indy pick or their second rounder to make a trade for Mallett (Who Josh has coached in NE) or Kirk Cousins from Washington.

That team has a SET defense and has the ammunition to get that offense a "very dangerous" distinction.

Any offensive coach that doesn't want that job is a straight up fool...all he has to do is leave the defense untouched and basically be a glorified OC and gain all the credit.

All of what you say is true, but the problem is that seeing Chud get the axe after one season doesn't exactly entice coaches to come there. Cleveland's ownership group is just straight up awful, and they're going to have to work hard to get someone either reputable or with a legit coaching future to come there.

mcaj22 01-01-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

That SET defense requires someone like McDouche to keep a Ray Horton there that actually knows how to run a defense. But we have seen first hand how Pats frauds dont like to play well with others outside their little fraud bubble in the sandbox.

He could destroy that defense by being inept, because that's what Pats frauds do.

Reerun_KC 01-01-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 10325897)

This. Like chiefs fans have any room to talk. This franchise has been a dumpster fire for the better part of a decade.

TEX 01-01-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

I hear ya but not if he doesnt believe in his abilities and wants to keep his safe gig riding coat tails. Also Id think twice about going anyplace that just fired their HC after only 1 season.

BossChief 01-01-2014 01:26 PM

As far as the Lions go, IMO they should be giving Jon Gruden some calls to gauge his interest. The guy has a good offensive mind and is smart enough to get a team like the Lions back to playoff appearances. If there isn't enough interest, they should look at the playoff field of coaches (mainly offensive guys) for the HC spot.

That team needs an offensive mind running the show, not a defensive one.

Sassy Squatch 01-01-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10326142)
This. Like chiefs fans have any room to talk. This franchise has been a dumpster fire for the better part of a decade.

**** you. We have all the room we want to talk. We are shitty hire connoisseurs.

booger 01-01-2014 01:28 PM

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns are expected to hire Jim Schwartz as their defensive coordinator.
What the Browns are doing, we have no clue. Rob Chudzinski assembled a star-studded coordinator pairing in OC Norv Turner and DC Ray Horton last offseason. Horton is one of the brighter defensive minds in the game. The Browns have told him he can seek employment elsewhere, and he'll have zero trouble landing on his feet. Schwartz worked with the Browns as a scout from 1993-1995 when Bill Belichick was the coach. Current Browns GM Mike Lombardi was also on that staff. Schwartz coordinated the Titans defense from 2001-2008. Of course, the Browns have no idea who their next head coach will be. Jan 1 - 2:16 PM

BossChief 01-01-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10326141)
That SET defense requires someone like McDouche to keep a Ray Horton there that actually knows how to run a defense. But we have seen first hand how Pats frauds dont like to play well with others outside their little fraud bubble in the sandbox.

He could destroy that defense by being inept, because that's what Pats frauds do.

Good point.

He straight up neutered his DC when he was in Denver. He would need to learn from that mistake and know going in that he needs to keep his hands off the defense.

Sassy Squatch 01-01-2014 01:31 PM

**** off Sutton Horton's riding in.

Hoover 01-01-2014 01:32 PM

If I'm the Lions the only guy I want is Mike Shannahan. They need an offensive coach with all that talent. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Kukiak would be his OC.

Snapplez 01-01-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 10326157)
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns are expected to hire Jim Schwartz as their defensive coordinator.
What the Browns are doing, we have no clue. Rob Chudzinski assembled a star-studded coordinator pairing in OC Norv Turner and DC Ray Horton last offseason. Horton is one of the brighter defensive minds in the game. The Browns have told him he can seek employment elsewhere, and he'll have zero trouble landing on his feet. Schwartz worked with the Browns as a scout from 1993-1995 when Bill Belichick was the coach. Current Browns GM Mike Lombardi was also on that staff. Schwartz coordinated the Titans defense from 2001-2008. Of course, the Browns have no idea who their next head coach will be. Jan 1 - 2:16 PM

Why would they hire a defensive coordinator before a head coach? Wouldn't that imply the HC has already been picked and wants Schwartz? That's really weird

Hoover 01-01-2014 01:32 PM

Horton's not getting any play this year, which is surprising.

mcaj22 01-01-2014 01:34 PM

lol Jim Schwartz and McDouche over Norv Turner and Ray Horton?

THEY THINK THAT'S AN UPGRADE?

mcaj22 01-01-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapplez (Post 10326168)
Why would they hire a defensive coordinator before a head coach? Wouldn't that imply the HC has already been picked and wants Schwartz? That's really weird

Schwartz is part of the tree of frauds. He's in the bubble. (95 Browns with all your favorite shitters)

GloucesterChief 01-01-2014 01:44 PM

Why would you hire Schwartz whose team in Detroit was the poster child for talented but completely undisciplined to run your defense. Defense in this day in age needs to be very disciplined......

BossChief 01-01-2014 01:48 PM

They just spent all that money on scheme specific defensive players are are most likely gonna move back to a 4-3?

Haha

Ok

booger 01-01-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapplez (Post 10326168)

Because it's Cleveland!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-01-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10326078)
And what have you learned from that?

That I'm a dumbass like most NFL execs

Strongside 01-01-2014 01:55 PM

The Browns are completely ****ed. That franchise will never be successful. The Raiders are better at footballing than these clowns.

tk13 01-01-2014 01:56 PM

I missed it in this thread... I said the same thing in the other thread. I don't get what Cleveland is doing. This is weird, even for them.

Bowser 01-01-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 10326214)
I missed it in this thread... I said the same thing in the other thread. I don't get what Cleveland is doing. This is weird, even for them.

The owner had an epiphany after watching Major League and is trying his best to get his team moved to Los Angeles.

BigMeatballDave 01-01-2014 02:01 PM

They let Horton go?

Lombardi is a ****ing moron.

booger 01-01-2014 02:04 PM

Todd Bowles was rumored to turn them down too. If not he surely likely will now. He's a DC who won't be able to choose his own DC there. No one will if they are set on it being Schwartz. If it's not Josh McDouche it's going to be a puppet whoever takes it. Hell, that's what Snyder did was choose Jim Zorn as his OC before hiring a HC. Then just promoted Zorn when no one else wanted the job.

-King- 01-01-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10326010)
I think Lovie is a great coach and could work wonders with that team's talent.

They really need to reel in Stafford though. I had read an article on NFL.com that Stafford said he wasn't interested in working with a coach on his mechanics. Said it wasn't his style or some bullshit. Dude will never learn..

Yeah its pretty sad. Reggie Bush tried to call a team meeting during the season when they started losing and Stafford said they didn't need one. The guy isn't a leader and isn't interested in getting better if it isn't on his own terms.
Posted via Mobile Device

booger 01-01-2014 02:07 PM

Hey Dan Quinn, this is Mike Lombardi. Come for an interview we like what you've done with the seahawks D. Oh by the way, we have the Defense covered with Jim Schwartz coming to take over that side of the ball

mcaj22 01-01-2014 02:09 PM

this is Cleveland's THIRD go around with Pats frauds. How ****ed is that. How did you not learn with Romeo and Mangini

notorious 01-01-2014 02:09 PM

It's Real.

Real Stupid.

BossChief 01-01-2014 02:10 PM

Why?

Even a casual fan of the Browns can tell you that all they needed to do was leave the defense UNTOUCHED and get the offense a playmaker that doesn't have Cameron or Gordon on his jersey.

Ray Horton is a much better DC than Schwartz.

BossChief 01-01-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10326247)
this is Cleveland's THIRD go around with Pats frauds. How ****ed is that. How did you not learn with Romeo and Mangini

Unbelievable.

tk13 01-01-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Offensive coordinator Norv Turner spoke up when Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner talked to the coaching staff Monday about the firing of coach Rob Chudzinski, according to sources familiar with the situation.

Whether it was a challenge or a calm question seems a matter of interpretation. Two sources said Turner was angry and spoke that way, another said he simply stated his concerns as part of a routine discussion that takes place when such moves are made.

Either way, Turner clearly asked why the staff was told the plan was for a long-term rebuild when the commitment from the front office didn't last a year. Turner also detailed his concern that the coaching staff worked with handicaps given the personnel on the field, the sources said.

Among his points were that the staff was told repeatedly the team was building for 2014, that the running back situation was never solved after the trade of Trent Richardson, the roster was constantly juggled, and the team fired a coach after he had to start three different quarterbacks.

The discussion followed Haslam laying out the thinking behind the firing of Chudzinski, which led to questions about the long-term plan for the team. A few seconds of calm followed, and Haslam asked if there were more questions.

Turner then spoke, and brought up the long-term plan and why the coaching staff would not be allowed to see it through. The implication was that coaches felt they went along with decisions all season that pointed to a committed rebuild, then had the lack of success in 2013 used against them.

Haslam and Banner explained the decision the same way they did to the media: The lack of progress late in the season was a downward trajectory the front office did not accept.

Sources said Turner did a slow boil throughout the season at the talent the coaches were given. That Chudzinski was fired given those limits prompted him to speak up.

Turner has been an NFL coach for 30 years, for 14 as a head coach with the Washington Redskins, San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders.

He is not expected to stay with the Browns. Banner said the team would allow all the assistants to seek other jobs and that the new hire would determine his staff.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...rob-chudzinski

Bowser 01-01-2014 02:13 PM

*factory of sadness video*

Bowser 01-01-2014 02:15 PM

"Sources said Turner did a slow boil"

I shouldn't have, but I laughed.

BigMeatballDave 01-01-2014 02:16 PM

****ing Patriot clique.

Haslam will be blowing this thing up in a few years.

booger 01-01-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10326249)
Why?

Even a casual fan of the Browns can tell you that all they needed to do was leave the defense UNTOUCHED and get the offense a playmaker that doesn't have Cameron or Gordon on his jersey.

Ray Horton is a much better DC than Schwartz.

if they had any sense they would at least interview horton for the head job and consider throwning some serious cash at some offensive assistants although the ernhart perkins tree is pretty bare

Eleazar 01-01-2014 02:17 PM

They have a Pioli-led-Chiefs-like environment to their team. Why would any coach want to coach there? Why would any player want to sign there?

GloucesterChief 01-01-2014 02:17 PM

I guess this does answer the question. The Browns do indeed have the three stooges running their organization.

booger 01-01-2014 02:17 PM

good for Norv to have some Balls. He has always seemed like quite the pushover

-King- 01-01-2014 02:20 PM

Browns making sure they follow each stupid decision with an even stupider decision.

Pretty interesting strategy.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 01-01-2014 02:23 PM

Is there ANY QUESTION that the whole BB tree is strictly sent out to destroy other teams?

One has to begin to wonder if that is by design.

Bowser 01-01-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10326296)
Is there ANY QUESTION that the whole BB tree is strictly sent out to destroy other teams?

One has to begin to wonder if that is by design.

Sure as hell seems like it.

Can't wait to watch what that team does when Brady calls it a career. Wonder if they'll come down on ticket prices at all. :hmmm:

ThaVirus 01-01-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 10326157)

That is a whole new level of reerun.

Just Passin' By 01-01-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10326270)
****ing Patriot clique.

Haslam will be blowing this thing up in a few years.

When did Haslam and Banner morph into members of the Patriots?

ThaVirus 01-01-2014 02:28 PM

That franchise could use a good axe murdering.