ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Walter Rapes the Chiefs Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283777)

Saccopoo 05-18-2014 08:31 PM

Walter Rapes the Chiefs Draft

Don't agree with the Murray pick as I believe it was a complete piss away of a selection at a position that wasn't needing a pick in the first place. Murray will not even lead a team deep into the preseason, let alone the post season.

Quote:

NFL Draft Team Grade: C- Grade

Goals Entering the 2014 NFL Draft: The Chiefs are missing a second-round pick, so they want to move down more than anything. Their aim is to do so and then grab a guard like Xavier Su'a-Filo or Joel Bitonio. After that, they have to use some selections on the receiving corps and secondary. Getting some help in the front seven and on the defensive line is another goal.

2014 NFL Draft Accomplishments: I get the feeling that the Chiefs spent more time trying to trade their pick rather than deciding whom they were going take. They let the clock run down because they were desperate to move out of the No. 23 spot, but they couldn't do anything and panicked, taking Dee Ford off the board. That was a dreadful selection; not only was Ford deemed a reach by teams we've spoken to, but he didn't even fill a need. There are members of Kansas City's organization who don't even like the pick. It was that bad.

The Chiefs redeemed themselves a bit with Phillip Gaines in the third round. Gaines is a tall, athletic, talented cornerback, who could start once Brandon Flowers is dealt. Taking Aaron Murray in the fifth frame was also a solid move, but once again, Kansas City had to redeem itself because of a reach - which was De'Anthony Thomas in the previous round.

Kansas City unquestionably came away with one of the worst classes this year. It made multiple reaches and failed to address most of its glaring needs. That's not how teams are supposed to draft.

NFL Draft Individual Grades:

23. Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn: D Grade
Ugh. The Chiefs have not been drafting well in this new regime. Their class last year was Eric Fisher (who struggled), Travis Kelce, Knile Davis and Nico Johnson. They dealt this year's second for mediocre Alex Smith. And now they're taking a second-round prospect who fills a minimal need. Things are not looking very bright in Kansas City.

There's no doubt that Ford is a reach. The Chiefs could have moved down and still picked him. Ford also won't start anytime soon with Tamba Hali and Justin Houston in front of him. This is the worst pick of the first round thus far, but at least it's not on a Millen level.

87. Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice: A- Grade
There's talk that the Chiefs could trade Brandon Flowers, so it makes sense that they spent a mid-round selection on a cornerback. Phillip Gaines didn't get any national attention because he played at Rice, but he was terrific, albeit against inferior competition. He's also very athletic, so it wouldn't surprise me if he emerged as a solid starter down the road.

124. De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon: C+ Grade
Wow. This is a couple of rounds earlier than De'Anthony Thomas was expected to go, but the Oregon play-maker should be a good weapon for Alex Smith. Kansas City's quarterback can't throw deep, so he'll need another target to dump the ball off to. Thomas also serves as a needed backup for Jamaal Charles, a need created by Knile Davis' injury.

163. Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia: A Grade
Nice. Alex Smith cannot lead the Chiefs deep into the playoffs, but perhaps Aaron Murray will be able to. Murray would have gone much earlier had he not torn his ACL, so Kansas City is getting a steal and perhaps its future starting quarterback. This is an awesome pick in the fifth round.

193. Zach Fulton, G, Tennessee: B Grade
It's a shock that the Chiefs waited this long for a guard, as I was told that the position was under consideration in the first round. Zach Fulton fits the range though, so no complaints.

200. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, OT/G, McGill: A- Grade
There was some buzz about Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, and some even thought he could go as high as the fourth round. The Canadian could eventually compete for the right tackle job.

Ragged Robin 05-18-2014 08:50 PM

I take it, he doesn't like Alex Smith? ROFL

Coochie liquor 05-18-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10637650)

Exactly what I got out I it. Whoever wrote this has less football knowledge than Pee Wee Herman hopped up on ecstasy and should prob stick to writing recipe reviews in Better Homes and Gardens. I saw Fors projected as a late first which is where we took him. I'd say this writer probably talked to a parking lot attendant at Arrowhead and maybe the homeless guy pandering for change in front of the stadium as his "people inside the organizatiom".

RealSNR 05-18-2014 09:26 PM

His reason for hating the Ford pick is the dumbest ****ing shit I've ever read. Wasn't a need? Was Walter one of those ****ing morons who thought the Giants were crazy for selecting JPP several years ago just because they already had Tuck, Kiwanuka, and Umenyiora?

Pass rushers, Walter. You can never go wrong with a ****ing passrusher.

****ing moron.

Sfeihc 05-18-2014 09:30 PM

Walter is a Raider fan.

ToxSocks 05-18-2014 09:36 PM

Stupid.

I don't even read Walter Football anymore. They're rarely close in their mocks and they're obsessed with the Chiefs going O-Line every year. Full of hacks. First, he starts the article off stating that we were suppose to draft a guard and is seemingly upset by the fact that they didn't. He can **** off immediately. Second, he calls Dee Ford a reach, while the player he wanted the Chiefs to pick was a 2nd rounder.....

He keeps saying "The Chiefs Want to..."

Shut up. Just shut up now.

ChiefsCountry 05-18-2014 10:01 PM

Essentially he didn't like Dee Ford and DeAnthony Thomas picks.

RealSNR 05-18-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10637734)
Essentially he didn't like Dee Ford and DeAnthony Thomas picks.

I find it shocking that other teams' draft classes are without more than two picks with a C grade or lower. And he claims the Chiefs unquestionably came away with one of the worst draft classes this year.

I've got my own beef with this draft class, but that's based on my assessment of the players and has nothing to do with team need, which I never thought should have factored into the Chiefs' decisions. As a supposed "draft expert" who eats and breathes this media for a living, Walter should know that team need isn't the be all end all of good drafting.

Basically, he's full of shit.

Discuss Thrower 05-18-2014 10:55 PM

I really don't see how the draft could've gone any better for KC once you control for players available at the time the Chiefs were on the clock...

And I'm only extending that to their first three selections.. This year the field was deep enough that you were getting more than a project if you had a pick before the fifth round. I don't see how how the team could've been improved without taking a somewhat bonafide passrusher, a fast and competent defensive back and a playmaking receiver threat this year in any particular order..

Sully 05-19-2014 06:06 AM

When I saw this last week, I just laughed. His whole "panicked" line of thinking is so video game-ish. As if the team only began thinking about the draft the night of.

FRCDFED 05-19-2014 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 10637869)
When I saw this last week, I just laughed. His whole "panicked" line of thinking is so video game-ish. As if the team only began thinking about the draft the night of.

Agree. The two sixth round picks alone show that KC brass and scouts did their homework. I really like the Gaines pick. A good size fast/athletic CB in a mid-round that has a lot of upside.

WhiteWhale 05-19-2014 06:39 AM

Remember in 2012 when Walter football wrote a post-draft tirade about how incompetent and clueless the Seahawks were after their awful 2012 draft? I believe they called it the worst draft class in the history of the draft. So... that's a little perspective on WF's 'insight'.

These 'grades' that come out immediately following the draft have always been and continue to be stupid and generally horrifically inaccurate.

mikey23545 05-19-2014 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 10637869)

Sounds more like the way he wrote his column...

Mr. Arrowhead 05-19-2014 08:02 AM

meh, Walter has always hated the chiefs, even if everyone else thought we nailed the draft, Walter would still talk shit on us

Bob Dole 05-19-2014 08:03 AM

Bob Dole isn't going to put a lot of stock in a group that can't even calculate a GPA correctly.

the Talking Can 05-19-2014 08:13 AM

3 As
1 B
1 C+
1D

equals 'raping the draft'?

how did you manage to become reeruned as an adult?

anyone giving a D to using the #23 pick on a pass rusher, while advocating for a guard, is dumber than a squirrel eating shit

the Talking Can 05-19-2014 08:14 AM

we basically had the best picks in rounds 3-6 per walter...

headline "Chiefs slay late round picks"

1 pick in the top 80....1...and we rang up A's

Chief Roundup 05-19-2014 09:03 AM

Walter has always hated the Chiefs. Sac is just using this article to help his agenda.

gonefishin53 05-19-2014 09:07 AM

Knile Davis had a simple fracture to his fibula which didn't require surgery. It's an 8 week recovery before full workout activity. Walter the Clueless strikes again.

Chiefnj2 05-19-2014 10:13 AM

Article in MMQB this morning that the Falcons were trying to move up into the 20s to grab Dee Ford. So much for the theory that KC could have moved down and gotten him.

RunKC 05-19-2014 11:11 AM

Aaron Murray was a fantastic pick. Even if he doesn't start, he's a great insurance policy. I believe he can come in if Alex gets hurt and do well.

Chase Daniel is set to make a combined $7 million dollars in 2014 and 2015. Time to shave off that money and help our cap situation.

The Franchise 05-19-2014 11:14 AM

Most people view a successful draft as a team gaining immediate starters. This draft doesn't net you that. I'm happy with the draft....but from an immediate impact this season standpoint....he has a little bit of a point.

BUT....he hates the Chiefs and he's only happy if we pick offensive linemen.....unless it's the one he didn't like.

ChiefsCountry 05-19-2014 11:16 AM

I do enjoy his commentary on Alex Smith and Eric Fisher though.

The Franchise 05-19-2014 11:20 AM

Dee Ford gets a D but the Eagles take Marcus Smith and he only gets a C. Because according to his words..."they traded down and got a 3rd because they knew they were overdrafting him".

KCrockaholic 05-19-2014 11:20 AM

This is one of those articles that we'll look back on one day and laugh our asses off at what they said about Ford.

the Talking Can 05-19-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10638325)
Most people view a successful draft as a team gaining immediate starters. This draft doesn't net you that. I'm happy with the draft....but from an immediate impact this season standpoint....he has a little bit of a point.

BUT....he hates the Chiefs and he's only happy if we pick offensive linemen.....unless it's the one he didn't like.

we only had 1 pick in the top 80...it's not a useful criteria for our draft

The Franchise 05-19-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10638378)
we only had 1 pick in the top 80...it's not a useful criteria for our draft

I agree. But that's not going to stop everyone else from bashing it.

RealSNR 05-19-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10638325)

I disagree with that. If that's the case, then the 49ers and the Seahawks can never have successful drafts.

Even if they do net successful starters from a draft, these are week-after draft grades we're talking about. At this point, not even the coaches know to what degree they've drafted some immediate successes in the NFL

ptlyon 05-19-2014 12:54 PM

He hate me

HolyHat 05-19-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 10638336)
This is one of those articles that we'll look back on one day and laugh our asses off at what they said about Ford.

Hi

Mr. Arrowhead 05-19-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10638212)
Article in MMQB this morning that the Falcons were trying to move up into the 20s to grab Dee Ford. So much for the theory that KC could have moved down and gotten him.

also there were talk that the eagles moved down cuz they thought Ford was gonna be there at 26. Fact is if you love a certain player and want him then just take which the Chiefs did.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-19-2014 03:42 PM

This was the first year in a long time that all the mocks pegged us dead wrong. I like it. When Cooks was no longer an option, you had to know we were going a completely different way.

Sfeihc 05-19-2014 03:44 PM

I've been thinking about Walter and his CHIEFS hatred. My conclusion is he is that he's a CHIEFS fan and posts on CP.

In58men 05-19-2014 04:08 PM

100% agree with his take on Dee Ford and Aaron Murray. I couldn't have said it any better than that.

KCrockaholic 05-19-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayneBowe (Post 10638541)
Hi

Breh...

Dave Lane 05-19-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10637650)

Who does? He's Kyle Orton with less zip and less ints

Dave Lane 05-19-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10638318)
Aaron Murray was a fantastic pick. Even if he doesn't start, he's a great insurance policy. I believe he can come in if Alex gets hurt and do well.

Chase Daniel is set to make a combined $7 million dollars in 2014 and 2015. Time to shave off that money and help our cap situation.

Death to buttchin

O.city 05-19-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 10638810)
I've been thinking about Walter and his CHIEFS hatred. My conclusion is he is that he's a CHIEFS fan and posts on CP.

Picks the chiefs to take an ol every year, hates this draft. Guess who it is

kcchiefsus 05-19-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10638864)
100% agree with his take on Dee Ford and Aaron Murray. I couldn't have said it any better than that.

I hope you die.

Buehler445 05-19-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10637691)
His reason for hating the Ford pick is the dumbest ****ing shit I've ever read. Wasn't a need? Was Walter one of those ****ing morons who thought the Giants were crazy for selecting JPP several years ago just because they already had Tuck, Kiwanuka, and Umenyiora?

Pass rushers, Walter. You can never go wrong with a ****ing passrusher.

****ing moron.

This. And how the **** is it not a need? If nothing else you can just look at the defensive numbers when Hali/Houston got hurt. You can say some of that is tape blah blah blah, but passrushers win games.

You can pick on Ford and say he won't be a good passrusher but every team needs more passrushers. I bet if you asked the Seachickens if they're not going to worry about passrushers because they crunched five head, they'd laugh you right out of the press room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10638212)

oops....

GloucesterChief 05-19-2014 10:57 PM

Remember, all the experts ripped Seattle's 2012 draft. There is a reason why these people are on tv and writing for websites. If they actually knew anything other than what the GMs spoon feed them they would be making tons of cash being employed by a team.

RealSNR 05-20-2014 12:20 AM

How reeruned is Walter?

Given his own draft grades and his analysis of our team needs and the 1st round, he would have given us a much higher grade if we selected Su'a Felatio instead of Dee Ford. At least a B.

Selecting a first round guard essentially for him is the difference between practically hitting the draft out of the park (almost all As and Bs) and having "unquestioningly" one of the worst drafts in the class. A first round guard. That's all the difference.

Let's go around and ask all the GMs if they'd rather have Dee Ford or Xavier Su'a Filo on their team. I think I know what 98% of them would pick.

kccrow 05-20-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10640075)
Remember, all the experts ripped Seattle's 2012 draft. There is a reason why these people are on tv and writing for websites. If they actually knew anything other than what the GMs spoon feed them they would be making tons of cash being employed by a team.

Easier said than done, making it into the league and then climbing the ranks to GM. That doesn't mean people don't know anything. In fact, it is down right asinine to think people can't possibly know anything about talent because they don't work as a scout for an NFL team. It is statements like this that make me realize many people have no idea how badly the life of an NFL scout sucks most of the year.

Now, people get it wrong. In fact, so too do NFL teams. And they get it wrong more than they get it right. Seattle hit on 3 picks in that 2012 draft class: a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 7th round pick. If it weren't for Russell Wilson being the steal he was, nobody would even take notice of that draft. Unless their 1st round pick becomes something he hasn't shown yet, that draft is only slightly better than average and that is only because I'd rate finding a franchise QB in round 3 very highly.

SAUTO 05-20-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10639771)
Picks the chiefs to take an ol every year, hates this draft. Guess who it is

Same guy who started this thread?
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 05-20-2014 05:09 PM

How crazy would it be if Saccapoo was actually Walter. ROFL

Can't be though....Sac lives in Utah. Walter lives on the East Coast.

milkman 05-21-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10639747)
Who does? He's Kyle Orton with less zip and less ints

Let's see.

Kyle Orton is a statue who makes poor decisions when pressured.

Alex Smith is a mobile QB who can make plays with both his arm and his legs when pressured, and he makes good decisions.

Yep, same guy.

FRCDFED 05-21-2014 11:06 AM

The only thing that has turned some of CP against Alex is his agent. Most of us thought a team friendly deal would've been struck by now. Since it hasn't, some are questioning his decisions.

If he was locked up for the next 3 years at $15m or less per year everyone on here would be ecstatic.

Bowser 05-21-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10638864)

After reading Walter's review and then seeing you agree with him, I can now officially say I haven't felt better about Dee Ford being our first pick thus far.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-22-2014 11:55 AM

"But he didn't even fill a need"!!!!

Why anyone would think this team is still in "win now"( despite the usual GM-speak that everyone of them will parrot ad-nauseum ) is completely beyond me. That ship has sailed.

Discuss Thrower 05-22-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 10645207)
"But he didn't even fill a need"!!!!

Why anyone would think this team is still in "win now"( despite the usual GM-speak that everyone of them will parrot ad-nauseum ) is completely beyond me. That ship has sailed.

Having a legitimate 3rd OLB pass rushing option does fill a need though. Zombo is replacement level and Dez Moses is.... yikes.

If Dee Ford shakes out to be more than the 1.2 sacks/season of production that Zombo roughly is, then it addresses a need and looks to be a decent pick to build for the future.

Even though he's a third rounder, Gaines could push Parker out of the fourth CB spot. Now, this isn't exactly a win-now move unless Parker becomes a free safety but if that does happen and Phillip gets over a tackle/game then it's a win-now move and builds for the future once Flowers gets jettisoned... which seems probable.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-22-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10645281)
Having a legitimate 3rd OLB pass rushing option does fill a need though. Zombo is replacement level and Dez Moses is.... yikes.

If Dee Ford shakes out to be more than the 1.2 sacks/season of production that Zombo roughly is, then it addresses a need and looks to be a decent pick to build for the future.

Even though he's a third rounder, Gaines could push Parker out of the fourth CB spot. Now, this isn't exactly a win-now move unless Parker becomes a free safety but if that does happen and Phillip gets over a tackle/game then it's a win-now move and builds for the future once Flowers gets jettisoned... which seems probable.

:( Wouldn't another team have to absorb a fairly substantial contract at this point?

Discuss Thrower 05-22-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 10645313)
:( Wouldn't another team have to absorb a fairly substantial contract at this point?

Next season.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-22-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10645320)
Next season.

Eh, time marches on.

bshmerlie 05-22-2014 02:51 PM

I am confident that the Chiefs and Alex will still come to a cap friendly deal probably in the neighborhood of 14-15 million. Thats a fair price for a starting QB and still give the team cap space to keep talent around him. The 49ers are going to be raped by Kaepernick and their team talent will suffer as a result. I'm sorry but unless you're Tom Brady or Peyton Manning 20 million is too much for these young QBs who really haven't proved anything. And even if they do win a Superbowl once should they really be making 18-20 million when they can't afford to keep the rest of the team together. I like Alex but if he wants more than $15 million let him walk. Start working on Murry and get him ready to take over in 2015 if it comes to that.

The Bad Guy 05-22-2014 03:20 PM

If you're going to tell me Dee Ford doesn't fill a need, then I'm going to tell you you shouldn't be doing analysis on any ****ing NFL team.

ChiefsCountry 05-22-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bshmerlie (Post 10645513)
And even if they do win a Superbowl once should they really be making 18-20 million when they can't afford to keep the rest of the team together.

If they win a Super Bowl who gives a shit what they get paid.

The Franchise 05-22-2014 03:53 PM

Walterfootball's shit is getting pathetic.

From their 2015 mock draft...
Quote:

13. P.J. Williams, CB, Florida State
The Chiefs could use more talent at cornerback. Dunta Robinson was a big disappointment, and they need a long-term complement to Brandon Flowers. Sources have told me that Philip Gaines was a reach in Round 3.

Williams (6-0, 190) had an excellent debut as a starter in 2013. He was the Defensive MVP of the BCS National Championship Game as he had seven tackles and a critical fourth-quarter interception that helped spark Florida State's comeback win. The first-year starter totaled 35 tackles with seven passes broken up and three interceptions for the season.

chiefzilla1501 05-22-2014 04:03 PM

Umm.... Walter....?

There are reports that Philly traded down and planned to take Dee Ford at #26. Also that Atlanta was trying to trade into taking Ford. Maybe he was a reach. But saying they could have traded down and taken him is complete baloney.

And Dee Ford does fill an eventual need. I seriously can't believe how many people actually believe that the best strategy is to pigeonhole ourselves to a few positions if they actually think they have a playmaker.

Maybe he was a reach. I don't know. I'm not going to say either way. But Walter's reasons for hating this pick are mostly idiotic.

OnTheWarpath15 05-22-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10645634)
Umm.... Walter....?

There are reports that Philly traded down and planned to take Dee Ford at #26. Also that Atlanta was trying to trade into taking Ford. Maybe he was a reach. But saying they could have traded down and taken him is complete baloney.

And Dee Ford does fill an eventual need. I seriously can't believe how many people actually believe that the best strategy is to pigeonhole ourselves to a few positions if they actually think they have a playmaker.

Maybe he was a reach. I don't know. I'm not going to say either way. But Walter's reasons for hating this pick are mostly idiotic.

I find it funny that guys who bang the "everything predraft is smokescreen" drum ever year, have no problem believing "reports" that come out damn near every year - the player we took was coveted by someone else.

Everything you hear before the draft? Bullshit.

Everything you hear after the draft? Gospel.

The Bad Guy 05-22-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10645613)
Walterfootball's shit is getting pathetic.

From their 2015 mock draft...

He's become laughable.

He gives the Gaines pick an A-, but then follows it up with "sources tell me that was a reach."

Way to put your balls on the line, Walt. So you loved the pick, but some dickhead freelancer that you talk to says it was a reach so that's gospel?

**** off.

bshmerlie 05-22-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10645568)
If they win a Super Bowl who gives a shit what they get paid.

I'm sorry but I like long term sustainable success. Winning one Super Bowl and being crappy for the next 7 - 8 years doesn't really do it for me. For some people that works for them. But I just don't like sucking for so long. To each his own. Having Alex for 14 mil would give us at least a couple of extra good players that other teams may not be able to afford. I still believe this is a team sport. And no one player (even the QB) should be at the expense of everyone else on the team. To me....there are only four QBs in the entire league that deserve huge paydays.... P.Manning, T. Brady, A. Rogers, and D. Breeze. And that is because they have been so consistanly good for so long. Too many teams have been caught giving their QB's these huge contracts only to have down years once they've been paid. That can't be said for the performance of the ones I've just mentioned. Consistency over a span of time should earn a huge payday... Not potential....thats for draft picks. And that's why they draft wages were changed to a wait and see approach before the payout.

Easy 6 05-22-2014 05:24 PM

Wanna know who else is named Walter?

Some ****ing guy named Walter.

Saccopoo 05-22-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10645817)
Wanna know who else is named Walter?

Some ****ing guy named Walter.

I know a guy named Walter.

RealSNR 05-22-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10645655)
He's become laughable.

He gives the Gaines pick an A-, but then follows it up with "sources tell me that was a reach."

Way to put your balls on the line, Walt. So you loved the pick, but some dickhead freelancer that you talk to says it was a reach so that's gospel?

**** off.

I also laughed at the "longterm complement to Brandon Flowers" line.

God, if this loser just did 10 ****ing minutes of research on the teams he drafts for. That's all it would take. Ten minutes. Ten minutes per team would get him to stop saying uninformed bullshit like this.

chiefzilla1501 05-23-2014 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10645644)
I find it funny that guys who bang the "everything predraft is smokescreen" drum ever year, have no problem believing "reports" that come out damn near every year - the player we took was coveted by someone else.

Everything you hear before the draft? Bullshit.

Everything you hear after the draft? Gospel.

Because smoke screens have a strategic purpose. To throw people off. After the draft, why would a team lie about who they wanted?

It's not gospel. But there's enough smoke here to say that teams wanted dee Ford around where we picked. I doubt he would have been available if we traded down too far.

milkman 05-24-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bshmerlie (Post 10645662)
I'm sorry but I like long term sustainable success. Winning one Super Bowl and being crappy for the next 7 - 8 years doesn't really do it for me. For some people that works for them. But I just don't like sucking for so long. To each his own. Having Alex for 14 mil would give us at least a couple of extra good players that other teams may not be able to afford. I still believe this is a team sport. And no one player (even the QB) should be at the expense of everyone else on the team. To me....there are only four QBs in the entire league that deserve huge paydays.... P.Manning, T. Brady, A. Rogers, and D. Breeze. And that is because they have been so consistanly good for so long. Too many teams have been caught giving their QB's these huge contracts only to have down years once they've been paid. That can't be said for the performance of the ones I've just mentioned. Consistency over a span of time should earn a huge payday... Not potential....thats for draft picks. And that's why they draft wages were changed to a wait and see approach before the payout.

You're a guy that couldn't pick up a woman in a whorehouse, so you to get the release you need, you masturbate.

Finally, some woman actually wants to **** you just once, and you're going to turn down that chance, because you hope to find a woman who'll **** you more than just once.

Good luck with that.

Chiefs=Champions 05-27-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10646535)
Because smoke screens have a strategic purpose. To throw people off. After the draft, why would a team lie about who they wanted?

It's not gospel. But there's enough smoke here to say that teams wanted dee Ford around where we picked. I doubt he would have been available if we traded down too far.

Teams during the draft tend to talk a lot. Potentially anyone who heard that the falcons or eagles wanted Ford could be told this as a smokescreen for another player. However the power of deduction makes me believe that if teams were talking about him at that spot, then they thought he was worthy of being drafted there.

RealSNR 05-27-2014 11:33 AM

I do know that the Eagles made a super shitty selection in Marcus Smith. At least Bruce Irvin had all kinds of untapped potential.

rico 05-27-2014 02:37 PM

I don't understand the cred of Walter Football... I mean, there really are people who believe this guy to be a football guru... Whenever I talk football with some slapdicks around my area, they always reference Walter Football. I understand the appeal of his site...mock drafts are fun. My God though, it always irritates the shit out of me when I see a blogger or an author of a site in which the idea for the site is a good one, but the person who writes/maintains it is a total piss for brains.

There is this humor blogger who has an awesome idea for a site... I think the url was http://stuffyoushouldhate.com. Awesome idea for a blog/site, IMO... however, the guy who came up with this awesome idea is one of the most unfunny, stupid ****ing assholes I've ever heard of. Such a douchebag. And a hipster.... UGH!!!! Anyways, that shit always bothers me...good ideas being raped by the Uncle Bad Touch's who operate them.

With that said, Walter reminds me of the type of dude who hangs out in his basement, watches a few CBSSports clips on the draft, reads a couple of other mock drafts and skims through a couple of message boards, writes on his website, jerks off, eats a lot of canned chili and sleeps.

This dude doesn't know shit.

rico 05-27-2014 02:39 PM

And sometimes I wonder if the dude actually becomes butthurt when teams draft someone or a position that is completely different than what he mocked, making him feel stupid...which would prompt the stupid draft reviews that he posts, such as this one on the Chiefs.

rico 05-27-2014 02:54 PM

LMAO

For 2015, this is how Walter has mocked us:

Kansas City Chiefs: Cameron Erving, OT, Florida State

The Chiefs recently spent the No. 1 overall pick on a left tackle, but Andy Reid loves to upgrade the trenches, so he may search for an upgrade on the other side of the front.

RealSNR 05-27-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10653565)
LMAO

For 2015, this is how Walter has mocked us:

Kansas City Chiefs: Cameron Erving, OT, Florida State

The Chiefs recently spent the No. 1 overall pick on a left tackle, but Andy Reid loves to upgrade the trenches, so he may search for an upgrade on the other side of the front.

Does he have a 2016 mock out yet?

I fully expect this douchebag to only ever mock us offensive linemen from now on as long as Andy Reid is the head coach.

I mean, Reid isn't even calling the shots on the draft. Dorsey is. Yet this loser keeps saying, "If you think the Chiefs are going overboard with offensive linemen, just remember who is calling the shots."

Again, he's lazy and hates the Chiefs and other worthless midwest teams he doesn't care about. Unless the team need is obvious, and the pick makes total sense, the dude isn't going to budge beyond a 20-second scan of the roster and what he knows about the GM/HC/team draft history. Except here he doesn't even acknowledge that there is a GM in place.

The guy's going to keep being a ****ing reerun for as long as he runs his site, and he'll use excuses like, "Andy Reid" to justify his shitty opinions.

immem58 05-27-2014 04:07 PM

He must hate the Chiefs.

Tribal Warfare 06-09-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10653614)
Does he have a 2016 mock out yet?

I fully expect this douchebag to only ever mock us offensive linemen from now on as long as Andy Reid is the head coach.

Or until we have another "Golden Age" O-Linemen that are laden with HOF and pro-bowl caliber players.

lcarus 06-09-2014 04:35 PM

This is pure biased horse shit, no matter how you look at it.

Simply Red 06-10-2014 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10640109)
How reeruned is Walter?

Given his own draft grades and his analysis of our team needs and the 1st round, he would have given us a much higher grade if we selected Su'a Felatio instead of Dee Ford. At least a B.

Selecting a first round guard essentially for him is the difference between practically hitting the draft out of the park (almost all As and Bs) and having "unquestioningly" one of the worst drafts in the class. A first round guard. That's all the difference.

Let's go around and ask all the GMs if they'd rather have Dee Ford or Xavier Su'a Filo on their team. I think I know what 98% of them would pick.

Where is Walter?

Pasta Little Brioni 06-11-2014 07:05 AM

Walter football is garbage

RunKC 06-11-2014 02:40 PM

Phillip Gaines might take Sean Smith's job this year the way things are going.

Dave Lane 06-12-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10684742)
Phillip Gaines might take Sean Smith's job this year the way things are going.

Smith is that bad? Wow.

TEX 06-12-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10686298)
Smith is that bad? Wow.

No, but he is that dumb.