ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Page may have earned a starting job (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147543)

B_Ambuehl 09-11-2006 08:35 PM

Page may have earned a starting job

Funny I had a feeling he'd end up starting before Pollard.

Chiefs | Knight takes a seat
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 07:17:04 -0700

Adam Teicher and Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, report Kansas City Chiefs S Jarrad Page played most of the second half at safety in place of veteran S Sammy Knight. The Chiefs were unhappy that Knight blew coverage on a couple of pass plays, but it's unclear whether the change is permanent.

Hammock Parties 09-11-2006 08:36 PM

I wish I had taped the game, because I'd have liked to go back and watch for Page.

It's pretty shocking that a 7th rounder is out there instead of Pollard.

Also, does anyone think Vermeil would have benched Knight? No effin' way.

siberian khatru 09-11-2006 08:36 PM

:clap:

B_Ambuehl 09-11-2006 08:40 PM

I might be wrong but Page strikes me as more of a complete football player than Pollard. Pollard seems to be more interested in lining up for the big hit instead of making tackles and playing the ball....although I know he did have that one interception in preseason.

DaFace 09-11-2006 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl
I might be wrong but Page strikes me as more of a complete football player than Pollard. Pollard seems to be more interested in lining up for the big hit instead of making tackles and playing the ball....although I know he did have that one interception in preseason.

That INT was just a matter of him being in the right place at the right time IIRC. It's wasn't that he made a good play on the ball - just caught a tip.

TEX 09-11-2006 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
I wish I had taped the game, because I'd have liked to go back and watch for Page.

It's pretty shocking that a 7th rounder is out there instead of Pollard.

Also, does anyone think Vermeil would have benched Knight? No effin' way.

Well this would explain allot. A friend of mine suggested that Page was ahead of Pollard because of how the game went yesterday and I said that maybe Pollard was hurt on a Special Teams play or something. Looks like I was wrong.

JBucc 09-11-2006 08:46 PM

So they are reporting that he played most of the second half. Must've been hard to dig that one up.

Anyong Bluth 09-11-2006 08:53 PM

I thought Page was just as highly regarded and his off the field issues made him a draft risk- which is why Herm was so estatic when he dropped to them and they got him. I've always thought that Page was more of a cover safety than Bonecrusher, but maybe I just dreampt up all this crap...

I like Knight, but if he can't keep the coverage then he's gotta sit.. I would personally like to see Pollard, Page and Fox as others have said.

I think Bell still playing is a pride thing for Gun maybe? Hopefully, this changes.

But if we are getting play out of a 7th rounder that's a good sign for the future in getting some quality D talent...

Halfcan 09-11-2006 09:24 PM

Wesley should be gone next-what a bonehead.

ChiefsCountry 09-11-2006 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocina_Basement
I thought Page was just as highly regarded and his off the field issues made him a draft risk- which is why Herm was so estatic when he dropped to them and they got him. I've always thought that Page was more of a cover safety than Bonecrusher, but maybe I just dreampt up all this crap...

I like Knight, but if he can't keep the coverage then he's gotta sit.. I would personally like to see Pollard, Page and Fox as others have said.

I think Bell still playing is a pride thing for Gun maybe? Hopefully, this changes.

But if we are getting play out of a 7th rounder that's a good sign for the future in getting some quality D talent...

Bonecrusher was the one with the off field issues.

Page slipped in the draft bc teams were unsure if we would play baseball or football.

blueballs 09-11-2006 09:28 PM

maybe bonecrusher will
crack the bonehead

Deberg_1990 09-11-2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace
That INT was just a matter of him being in the right place at the right time IIRC. It's wasn't that he made a good play on the ball - just caught a tip.

You just described the entire career of Greg Wesley.

Dave Lane 09-11-2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs
maybe bonecrusher will
crack the bonehead

Can you actually hit the head coach?

Dave

Dave Lane 09-11-2006 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs
maybe bonecrusher will
crack the bonehead

Can you actually put a hit on the head coach?

Dave

Anyong Bluth 09-11-2006 09:36 PM

I thought Page had issue too.... like I said, its all in a fog!

Adept Havelock 09-11-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane
Can you actually put a hit on the head coach?

Dave

I can't, but I'd assume someone with contacts in the criminal underworld could.

dj56dt58 09-11-2006 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
Bonecrusher was the one with the off field issues.

Page slipped in the draft bc teams were unsure if we would play baseball or football.

I remember after the draft people were saying that he would be better off playing baseball bc being a 7th rounder he would never play a snap for us...

jiveturkey 09-12-2006 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace

Being in the right place is something that our safeties haven't been able to do.

And then they get yelled at by Law.

htismaqe 09-12-2006 07:40 AM

Page will start for the same reason that we saw Pat Dennis all those years ago.

Pollard is raw but has tremendous upside. Page has less upside, but it much more ready to play right now.

Bob Dole 09-12-2006 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs

There isn't a torrent?