ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Save Our Water... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275724)

teedubya 08-29-2013 10:14 PM

Save Our Water...

Here's some more Chiefs hilarity... so it was hot as balls out tonight... 90+ degrees. I bought my daughter and I some water, as I'm not drinking soda and since I was with my daughter, I wasn't drinking beer.

We are leaving the stadium and I have about 2/3rd of my SmartWater left... the security guard said to me while I was leaving, "Excuse me, sir... you can't take that water with you outside of the stadium."

I say, "Whaaaaaaaaaaaa? Are you kidding me? I paid $7 for this water, I'm taking my souvenir home."

He said, "I will not be letting you leave this stadium with that water."

The dude almost got a shower with some $7 dollar water. I chugged the rest and said, "I literally, can't believe this franchise, at times."

Then, of course, I tweeted the Chiefs. Who the hell makes these asinine policies? I can understand not leaving with beer or alcohol... but I paid one-fifth of my monthly household bill for water... I'm drinking the f&cking water.

It's not about the money, it's the principle. Seriously. #SaveOurWater LOL

I'm not going to make a big stink about this... but the $27 parking. $7 water. $9 beer... I don't see how some families can afford it.

Fish 08-29-2013 10:17 PM

Yeah, seriously. $27 parking and $4.75 12oz. bottles of water... but you can't take that shit out the stadium. WTF?

BigMeatballDave 08-29-2013 10:17 PM

Can't leave with the water? Wtf?

teedubya 08-29-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9925352)
Yeah, seriously. $27 parking and $4.75 12oz. bottles of water... but you can't take that shit out the stadium. WTF?

And the larger 1.5 liter one is $7ish... totally crazy. Isn't that NFL TV contract big enough?

WakkaWakka 08-29-2013 10:20 PM

This is the kinda stupid shit that makes me not even wanna go to the stadium anymore. Just as easily watch it at home and have all the beverages I want.

Deberg_1990 08-29-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9925340)

... I don't see how some families can afford it.

Most don't anymore. I dropped $110 bucks on my family at the Royals game a few weeks ago. Insane.

Thig Lyfe 08-29-2013 10:26 PM

Are you not allowed to bring your own water?

teedubya 08-29-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9925399)

Dunno. I didn't think to. I was rushing from the airport... home to pick up my daughter...

I know you used to be able to, as long as it was sealed.

The dude told me, "That I might put something in my drink and take it home with me."

I was like, "Oh, I'm going to pour out $7 water, so I can sneak out a $20 dollar vodka tonic?"

Phobia 08-29-2013 10:31 PM

I would have stood right there sipping it for about 45 minutes while he stood there watching me.

Iowanian 08-29-2013 10:31 PM

You should have removed your tap and given them back the water you drank earlier in the game too.............

DaneMcCloud 08-29-2013 10:33 PM

I have a friend that recently moved to the San Diego area from Vegas. He's a die hard Chiefs fan but bought season tickets for the Chargers this season because for the first time in 20 years, he's living in an NFL town again and enjoys NFL football.

So at the very first Chargers pre-season game, he's heading into the stadium when two security guards/police confront him:

Police: "Sir, you need to remove your wallet chain. It's a weapon".

Friend:
"Weapon? It's so I don't forget my wallet. I rode the Amtrak down and I'll be in and out of the restroom and concession stand all night. I don't want to lose my wallet. It has my return ticket, my ID, etc.".

Police: "Sir, if you want to go into this stadium and watch the game, you have to give us your wallet chain because it's a weapon".

Friend: Fine.

Then, he had to go out the next day and buy a new wallet chain.

What the **** is that shit?

Saul Good 08-29-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9925421)
I would have stood right there sipping it for about 45 minutes while he stood there watching me.

Then you have no life.

Phobia 08-29-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9925427)
Then you have no life.

I may have misplaced a decimal point there.

WakkaWakka 08-29-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9925426)
I have a friend that recently moved to the San Diego area from Vegas. He's a die hard Chiefs fan but bought season tickets for the Chargers this season because for the first time in 20 years, he's living in an NFL town again and enjoys NFL football.

So at the very first Chargers pre-season game, he's heading into the stadium when two security guards/police confront him:

Friend:
"Weapon? It's so I don't forget my wallet. I rode the Amtrak down and I'll be in and out of the restroom and concession stand all night. I don't want to lose my wallet. It has my return ticket, my ID, etc.".

Police: "Sir, if you want to go into this stadium and watch the game, you have to give us your wallet chain because it's a weapon".

But yet Raider fans can take in shoulder pads that have spikes on them.

Bearcat 08-29-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9925392)
Most don't anymore. I dropped $110 bucks on my family at the Royals game a few weeks ago. Insane.

Hey, that would get you (not any of your family, of course) a decent seat at Arrowhead and a place to park. You couldn't have anything to eat or drink though.

Hammock Parties 08-29-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9_Yaq6jEpl...California.jpg

Rain Man 08-29-2013 10:43 PM

You should have claimed concussion damage.

I really don't understand a water rule like that, though. Is Arrowhead some sort of desert watershed that needs a closed water supply? There's no logic behind such a rule.

Hammock Parties 08-29-2013 10:44 PM

It's probably some rule designed to prevent people from taking alcohol into the parking lot.

DaneMcCloud 08-29-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9925451)

No.

NFL Security.

Deberg_1990 08-29-2013 10:45 PM

I thought Pioli was gone?

DaneMcCloud 08-29-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9925484)
I thought Pioli was gone?

It's NFL Security.

Goodell believes the NFL and its stadiums are a "target", hence the clear NFL bags, purse searches, water, wallet chains, etc.

cosmo20002 08-29-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9925399)

Each person can bring a sealed bottle of water.

Fish 08-29-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9925506)
Each person can bring a sealed bottle of water.

But YOU MAY NOT LEAVE WITH IT!!

mikey23545 08-29-2013 11:01 PM

It would be horrifying if some terrorist went on a killing spree with a wallet chain...

Hammock Parties 08-29-2013 11:01 PM

This is just a cunning plan by the Hunts to corner the water market.

O.city 08-29-2013 11:14 PM

Target for what?

DaneMcCloud 08-29-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9925560)
It would be horrifying if some terrorist went on a killing spree with a wallet chain...

Isn't that just crazy?

He also owns partial season tickets to Padres games and has never had an issue.

Yet his first trip to an NFL game in San Diego was filled with issues. He saw women's purses confiscated if they wanted to go into the stadium, they cracked down on tailgating ("No glass bottles allowed!") and so on.

I know Goodell is trying to protect the average fan from a Boston Marathon type of tragic event but at what point do we all sacrifice basic freedoms to go to an NFL game?

I mean hell, they're on TV!

DaneMcCloud 08-29-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9925629)
Target for what?

Terrorism, Boston Marathon style.

That's the reason for the clear bags only in the stadiums.

The bombers had on black backpacks.

MMXcalibur 08-29-2013 11:34 PM

I'd have chugged the water and then tossed the bottle on the ground.

The NFL is worried that fans will not come out to the stadium anymore with the technological improvements and comfortability of getting the game on your TV at home.

Asinine policies are not helping. At all.

Rain Man 08-29-2013 11:36 PM

If some terrorist tries an attack at a pro football game, he's going to regret it. Football fans are just looking for an excuse to beat the daylights out of someone. He won't be halfway through "Allah Akbar" before he's eating concrete and getting tossed over the back wall.

teedubya 08-29-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9925536)
But YOU MAY NOT LEAVE WITH IT!!

No shit. ROFL.

teedubya 08-29-2013 11:38 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I usually sneak my water out the old fashion way, in my bladder. Don&#39;t ask me where I hide the nachos. <a href="https://twitter.com/teedubya">@teedubya</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/atArrowhead">@atArrowhead</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KCChiefs">@KCChiefs</a></p>&mdash; Joey Little (@LittleJoeAtVin) <a href="https://twitter.com/LittleJoeAtVin/statuses/373305511497580544">August 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ROFL

CrazyPhuD 08-30-2013 12:00 AM

Next time you're at a game without your daughter find said security guard again and as you leave make sure you return to him all the beer you drank.

CrazyPhuD 08-30-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Friend:

Wait you live in LA and don't know it's a felony to even think of a weapon in CA much less carry something that could be used at one???

Seriously though that sounds like it was MacGyver time. He should have stripped off his shoe laces, pulled out a ball point pen and made a garrote with them. Then said....now this is a weapon....not that pussy chain....

cdcox 08-30-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9925495)
It's NFL Security.

Goodell believes the NFL and its stadiums are a "target", hence the clear NFL bags, purse searches, water, wallet chains, etc.

But I can still bring in my pressure cooker filled with corned beef and cabbage, right?

Discuss Thrower 08-30-2013 12:15 AM

The shit about a wallet chain in Cali I understand as it's a locale with a little bit more of a gang problem than the Midwest.

But a clear bottle of water? I mean... They think someone would pour in $12+ worth of vodka from a cup into a water bottle just so they can get their drink on on the ride home?

I mean if someone is that pressed for a buzz fix then CHANCES ARE they have their own shit with them waiting in the parking lot.

SLAG 08-30-2013 12:16 AM

I took my two oldest boys tonight - The wife stayed home with the other kids

This game set me back quite a bit that wasn't budgeted for:

Ticket (actually was budgeted for) - $39 (Kids were free with the youth football)
Food/Drinks Total: $90
Parking: $27

Not counting Gas. And if I had to buy each of them a ticket through official channels it would have been a bit more

Its not great- we probably could have saved on the food if we tailgated before but we didn't have time tonight.

I took the chance to explain to the boys that we come to a game so we can remember the experience when we watch it on TV, and so that we are grateful at home that the bathroom is only a few feet away and not filled with strangers.

DaneMcCloud 08-30-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9925763)
The shit about a wallet chain in Cali I understand as it's a locale with a little bit more of a gang problem than the Midwest.

LMAO

He's a 47 year old white guy with surfer hair and a sunburn wearing flip flops and shorts.

Trust me, no one would confuse him with a gang member.

Fairplay 08-30-2013 12:24 AM

Terrorists have been known to leave a stadium with a water bottle full of water, this has brought on the rule.

Sorter 08-30-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9925766)
LMAO

He's a 47 year old white guy with surfer hair and a sunburn wearing flip flops and shorts.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/6d1f71365...ymseo1_250.gif

Fool me once...

Discuss Thrower 08-30-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9925766)
LMAO

I get this. But I'm guessing it's a "zero tolerance" policy at play.

DaneMcCloud 08-30-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9925776)
I get this. But I'm guessing it's a "zero tolerance" policy at play.

Some notice would be nice.

Or signs.

SPchief 08-30-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9925781)
Some notice would be nice.

Or signs.

I'm going to assume that it's on their website on what you can and can not bring into the stadium.

AussieChiefsFan 08-30-2013 01:00 AM

That's.... odd.

DaneMcCloud 08-30-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 9925786)
I'm going to assume that it's on their website on what you can and can not bring into the stadium.

Yeah, because season ticket holders ALWAYS check websites before attending games

:rolleyes:

I know that you're ****ing stupid but a wallet chain? Do you really believe that NFL teams should have a dress code and that season ticket holders are notified?!

SPchief 08-30-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9925789)
Yeah, because season ticket holders ALWAYS check websites before attending games

:rolleyes:

I know that you're ****ing stupid but a wallet chain? Do you really believe that NFL teams should have a dress code and that season ticket holders are notified?!

Are you suggesting that they should E-mail every season ticket holder about what they can and can not bring into the stadium? What people can and can not bring into the stadium isn't new. And what is new is put on every teams website

Simply Red 08-30-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9925562)
This is just a cunning plan by the Hunts to corner the water market.

you're borderline Communist, Marxist with your condemning of any sort of entrepreneurial, profitable success. Way to go. wwwwwwwwwwwWelcome to ignore!!!

DaneMcCloud 08-30-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 9925791)
Are you suggesting that they should E-mail every season ticket holder about what they can and can not bring into the stadium? What people can and can not bring into the stadium isn't new. And what is new is put on every teams website

They're ****ING SEASON TICKET HOLDERS.

So to answer your question, yes.

Would you like to link is to the NFL mandate banning wallet chains and other dress codes?

BlackHelicopters 08-30-2013 02:27 AM

Insane

bevischief 08-30-2013 06:09 AM

dumb.

Ace Gunner 08-30-2013 06:31 AM

I usually attend a dozen NFL games every season because I travel a bit for my business. But this doesn't seem like it's going to be a fun time. maybe I'll just stop going and use that money on a nice vacation.

Sfeihc 08-30-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

University of Michigan does it. I've been hassled taking water out of a stadium before but what really turns their head is when I have some crystal light mixed in it. :)

BlackHelicopters 08-30-2013 06:40 AM

PIIChUNTSsB

Iowanian 08-30-2013 06:52 AM

And I was like...dude....it is just whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaater

http://i.imgur.com/0aMNt.gif

Sfeihc 08-30-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9925890)
And I was like...dude....it is just whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaater

http://i.imgur.com/0aMNt.gif

That was pre-cleanse.

Demonpenz 08-30-2013 07:05 AM

That is a wierd rule and I would like to know the reason behind it.

Jewish Rabbi 08-30-2013 07:11 AM

Your choice to buy a water. Get a clue.

Dayze 08-30-2013 07:26 AM

same thing happened to me about 4 years ago with a beer. the guy told me I couldn't leave, and I just laughed and kept walking. He kept following me, telling me I couldn't leave, then next thing you know I'm outside the stadium. It wasn't a cop, mind you.

**** security. I pay $9 for a beer they can kiss my ass. I'm taking it. or, they'll get a nice beer shower when I 'accidently' spill it on them.

Bearcat 08-30-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Well, it would take like 2 minutes and be customer friendly (foreign concept to the Chiefs, I know).... As you prepare for another exciting year of Chiefs football, here are some tips and reminders for your visit to Arrowhead...

Most people aren't going to check a website to see if any rules have changed. And with the new rules on bags and crap, they could even take the opportunity to take more of your money by advertising their clear bags.

TambaBerry 08-30-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9925939)
same thing happened to me about 4 years ago with a beer. the guy told me I couldn't leave, and I just laughed and kept walking. He kept following me, telling me I couldn't leave, then next thing you know I'm outside the stadium. It wasn't a cop, mind you.

**** security. I pay $9 for a beer they can kiss my ass. I'm taking it. or, they'll get a nice beer shower when I 'accidently' spill it on them.

This, they're not going to physically stop you.

InChiefsHeaven 08-30-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tambaberry (Post 9925971)

Exactly. I'd be like "Dude, are you kidding? It's 90 ****ing degrees and I paid 7 dollars for it..." and just keep walking.

FWIW, I bet half of those security guards hate the rule too. Imagine what the meeting was like when they were told about that one...

ptlyon 08-30-2013 08:10 AM

$7 water, $9 beer, but the antifreeze is free!

Brando 08-30-2013 09:04 AM

Maybe the guy is a Planeteer and will come over and bring you some water at the first home game.

WhawhaWhat 08-30-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Yes it's terribly difficult for them to copy and paste a list of good and bad items into the body of an email and send them out to the group of email addresses that they already have on file to season ticket holders.

It may take them at least 1 minutes to get all the emails out and who has that kind of time.

Fire Me Boy! 08-30-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tambaberry (Post 9925971)

Exactly what I was thinking. Even if it was an actual cop, if they're moonlighting as security, they're not a police officer at that moment. They can't do shit.

Fire Me Boy! 08-30-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9926145)
Yes it's terribly difficult for them to copy and paste a list of good and bad items into the body of an email and send them out to the group of email addresses that they already have on file to season ticket holders.

It may take them at least 1 minutes to get all the emails out and who has that kind of time.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-6769-...-that-tfIL.gif

Phobia 08-30-2013 09:24 AM

They probably knew you were internet badass, teedub and assigned a guy to harass you. We're going to need you to break some more compelling rules though. This one is kinda boring. Maybe run your fatass around the playing surface and post vid on twitter next time, mmmmkay?

Prison Bitch 08-30-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9925392)

Me too. It was fun though watching the boys run around loving every second of it. That has value.

Teams are caring less and less about tickets sold as TV has become the dominant driver of revenue.

lcarus 08-30-2013 09:40 AM

New dumb rules, ridiculous prices for tickets, parking, and concessions, and how awesome the home television viewing experience has gotten these days...it's no wonder the Arrowhead magic and noise has dwindled in recent years. Even if we're good, a lot of people are going to stay home now. I have to drive 4 hours up and 4 hours back to go to a game. I'll probably still go to at least one game this year, but I used to go to 2-4 games a year.

Dayze 08-30-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9926187)
New dumb rules, ridiculous prices for tickets, parking, and concessions, and how awesome the home television viewing experience has gotten these days...it's no wonder the Arrowhead magic and noise has dwindled in recent years. Even if we're good, a lot of people are going to stay home now. I have to drive 4 hours up and 4 hours back to go to a game. I'll probably still go to at least one game this year, but I used to go to 2-4 games a year.

only time I go now is either with a free ticket, or a dirt cheap one. and going with 4+ people to split the parking.

the home experience is just too good these days. Sunday ticket; fantasy football on my tablet. Pisser 10' away. Cold beer. nice and cool/warm depending on the season. 50" HD. Recliner; something simmering all day like Chili/stew.

No need to go to a Chiefs game anymore, especially given what seems to be their 30% win rate at home the last 4 years.

lcarus 08-30-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9926192)
only time I go now is either with a free ticket, or a dirt cheap one. and going with 4+ people to split the parking.

the home experience is just too good these days. Sunday ticket; fantasy football on my tablet. Pisser 10' away. Cold beer. nice and cool/warm depending on the season. 50" HD. Recliner; something simmering all day like Chili/stew.

No need to go to a Chiefs game anymore, especially given what seems to be their 30% win rate at home the last 4 years.

If it wasn't for how great the Arrowhead experience can be (though most of that is nostalgia these days...it isn't the same as it used to be for whatever reason) I would never go to a game.

CaliforniaChief 08-30-2013 09:53 AM

I understand patrolling what goes into the stadium, even if I think a lot of it is asinine.

But leaving the stadium? You're going home? Are they going to confiscate our ticket stubs so that we can't run through the parking lot giving mass paper cuts to fans of opposing teams?

That's just complete nonsense.

Predarat 08-30-2013 09:55 AM

Dumbass rules like that make it harder to want to pay all that money for a game when you can stay home. Hate that shit, going to games is supposed to be fun.

Fish 08-30-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9926156)
Exactly what I was thinking. Even if it was an actual cop, if they're moonlighting as security, they're not a police officer at that moment. They can't do shit.

They might make you leave the stadium. [GASP]

CaliforniaChief 08-30-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9926219)
They might make you leave the stadium. [GASP]

Yeah, exactly. Are they going to lock you IN the stadium, not let you leave?

Phobia 08-30-2013 10:03 AM

The real story here is that you paid $7 for water. Your penance is to move in with Guru for a month until you learn.

Marcellus 08-30-2013 10:50 AM

Something tells me this is not a policy unique to the Chiefs.

We set rules like this because you cant ask idiots to manage anything or allow room for attorney's to to place blame due to failure to cover all scenarios.

* Don't let anyone leave the stadium with alcoholic beverages.

Employee - How do I know whats alcoholic or not? What if they pour their beer into a water bottle? What if its not water its vodka?

* Policy revision - Don't allow people to leave stadium with any beverages.

Halfcan 08-30-2013 10:52 AM

At Verizon it is the same thing. We took two water bottles in the concert (Monsters of Mock) and had the same two when we were leaving-same security guy/stoner meth head. Tells us we can't leave with the water-LOL I said- we brought these in with us-lol He says he would have to detain my son and I if we tried to leave-LOL So we finished them and I threw the bottles on the ground right next to the trash can-lol

At Sprint water was $7.00 and she took the cap off the bottle and kept it. I said WTF Granny- she said it was at the request of the band-LOL "Oh yeah, Rush does not like caps huh?" She was clueless-didn't even know what band was playing.

Fire Me Boy! 08-30-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9926341)
At Verizon it is the same thing. We took two water bottles in the concert (Monsters of Mock) and had the same two when we were leaving-same security guy/stoner meth head. Tells us we can't leave with the water-LOL I said- we brought these in with us-lol He says he would have to detain my son and I if we tried to leave-LOL So we finished them and I threw the bottles on the ground right next to the trash can-lol

At Sprint water was $7.00 and she took the cap off the bottle and kept it. I said WTF Granny- she said it was at the request of the band-LOL "Oh yeah, Rush does not like caps huh?" She was clueless-didn't even know what band was playing.

HTF are they going to detain you? I don't think they have that right...

Halfcan 08-30-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9926386)
HTF are they going to detain you? I don't think they have that right...

It was an Empty threat-lol This is the same guard that would not let us walk to the back parking lot to meet our friends-even though it was outside the stadium. Then he rambles on that they left him without a walkie talkie and he was there alone-lol

So I am not sure what he would have done if I said F off and kept walking. He was "out there". Pretty pathetic what passes for Security now days-lol