ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   STICKEY PLEASE...esophagus (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149930)

tommykat 10-15-2006 07:09 PM

STICKEY PLEASE...esophagus

Haven't been around much I know..Please DO NOT be mean! I took my Mom to for tests Friday as she has not been able to eat or drink anything for over 6 plus weeks. It gets stuck in her throat and she urpps it up!

I was told by her Dr. that her esphagus was clear, however~My Mom has a big mass pressing on her lung to close the eshpagus. I asked him if it was cancer, he shook his head yes...That is why he ordered the CAT Scan the same day.

I will find out tomorrow....The Dr. was kind, but I just ask all that know the Lord to say a prayer PLEASE!!!

Thoughts are good also....

I thank you all.

Kat~

Rain Man 10-15-2006 07:14 PM

Sorry to hear, tommykat. Best of luck to her.

Sure-Oz 10-15-2006 07:15 PM

Is it really hard to swallow?? Have they dialated her esophugus or tried other things like that? Can you give more details onto whats goin on?? She pukin constantyl??

Simplex3 10-15-2006 07:16 PM

Hopefully whatever happens your mother is comfortable and enjoys life until the end.

2112 10-15-2006 07:16 PM

So sorry babe!!!

God bless you and your mom tommykat!!!

plbrdude 10-15-2006 07:19 PM

sorry to hear. will pray for her and you.

tommykat 10-15-2006 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
Is it really hard to swallow?? Have they dialated her esophugus or tried other things like that? Can you give more details onto whats goin on?? She pukin constantyl??

They did a scope on Mom and it came out fine....the mass that he saw was on her lung....Mom smokes alot. She just can't get anything down. It gets stuck...so up it comes.

Hey, she smoked for 50 years. I am just scared to death. I have no one but my MOM. Need I say more?

Cntrygal 10-15-2006 07:20 PM

:(

Best wishes to you & your mom!

cdcox 10-15-2006 07:20 PM

God bless your mother, TK.

teedubya 10-15-2006 07:22 PM

May God's healing light help your mom.

WilliamTheIrish 10-15-2006 07:28 PM

Puts running up the score in perspective.

Good luck to you and your Mom, KattyTom

Sure-Oz 10-15-2006 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommykat
They did a scope on Mom and it came out fine....the mass that he saw was on her lung....Mom smokes alot. She just can't get anything down. It gets stuck...so up it comes.

Hey, she smoked for 50 years. I am just scared to death. I have no one but my MOM. Need I say more?

Well i hope they can fix her up, man thats insane about the smoking. I know what it is to have esophugus problems, trust me. You and your mom are in my thoughts and i wish you the best of luck!

B2chiefsfan 10-15-2006 07:42 PM

Ouch!! I hope everthing turns out alright......

Everyone here knows I lost my mother to Breast Cancer of couple of years back and now my mother-in-law is battling Pancreatic Cancer. She just had surgery to remove some of the tumor today. The surgery was successful, but now comes the most stressful part. If her pancreas doesn't heal properly within the next few days, she'll only have days to live. It's put a real toll on my wife. My wife cried her eyes out when Detroit hit that homerun because her mother and her are life time Tiger fans. Her mother smiled and told me that she hope she can at least make it through the World Series.

I really hate seeing you or anyone else go through anything like this.

Hang in there, Tommy.

Boyce

Adept Havelock 10-15-2006 07:57 PM

My best wishes for your mother and you. Hang it there, TK.

KCFalcon59 10-15-2006 07:58 PM

Tommykat,

My family and I will say many prayers for you mother. Please cherish every moment you have with your mom. I recently lost my father to lung cancer. He bravely took on the chemotherapy but due to many other physical problems couldn't withstand the treatment. I hope they can treat your mom successfully and you have many days and months and years to spend with her. Just make sure every day is full of love and caring. Hang in there. This is a tough situation that you all are going to experience. God bless you all. Be strong.

Mike

Bwana 10-15-2006 07:58 PM

Damn, sorry to hear that TK, I hope it all works out for you and your family.

Imon Yourside 10-15-2006 08:21 PM

Hey TK don't distress, staying positive is VERY important. I will pray a lot for your MUM. You may get a bad reaction from the doctors but ask around about the cancer killing power of Vitamin B-17. Take a lot of deep breaths and show ya MUM a lot of affection.

Logical 10-15-2006 09:17 PM

I have your mom in my thoughts Kathy, may the creator help her and you through this trying time.

KcMizzou 10-15-2006 09:24 PM

Best of luck, TK. Hang in there.

Bowser 10-15-2006 10:03 PM

Good luck, tk. Stay strong.

tommykat 10-15-2006 10:04 PM

Guys, have you ever just got your self just wondering?

What if? Could it be?

Until it hits your Mom or Dad you can't understand...TY all for prayers and wishes,

I wil let you know tomorrow...ty all

Sure-Oz 10-15-2006 10:43 PM

Goodluck TK, I am also going through some bad stuff too. My aunt is dying of breast cancer and she could go any day now. She is pretty much like a 2nd mom, times can suck but I am hoping your mom will have much much better luck than my aunt has had. It's scary, i know, just be strong and be positive.

Megbert 10-16-2006 12:20 AM

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you, your mom and family.

big nasty kcnut 10-16-2006 01:25 AM

Done kathy may it not be bad and you mom get all of it out.

ck_IN 10-16-2006 06:48 AM

Good luck to you and yours. Keep us in the loop.

Inspector 10-16-2006 06:57 AM

Medical science is creating miracles every day.

I've put in a word with the Big Man.

The power of prayer is substantial. The power of group prayer is miraculous.

ROYC75 10-16-2006 09:11 AM

Our prayers and thoughts are with ya.........

bkkcoh 10-16-2006 11:24 AM

Consider it done.

go bo 10-16-2006 12:12 PM

best wishes, tk...

your mom is lucky to have a daughter like you...

like was said above, stay strong for your mom...

Dartgod 10-16-2006 12:32 PM

Sorry to hear this news, Kathy. I'll say a prayer for your mom. Hopefully things will turn out for the best.

bogie 10-16-2006 01:35 PM

So sorry for the pain in your heart. Hope your Mom is at least comfortable.

Mr. Kotter 10-16-2006 01:37 PM

Prayers and well wishes coming your way.

Frazod 10-16-2006 01:38 PM

Best of luck, Kathy. I hope everything works out okay for your mom.

Easy 6 10-16-2006 03:39 PM

You got it dude.

ChiTown 10-16-2006 04:02 PM

Sorry to hear the news.

You'll have our Thoughts and Prayers for sure.

Chi

Coach 10-16-2006 06:47 PM

Consider it done.

tommykat 10-16-2006 06:50 PM

Update:

It is cancer, lung. She has a mass on her back and lung. We go to the onoglist? tomorrow. I will know more then. However, doesn't look good.

Thanks for all the prayers and thought all! Right now I am so numb and sick to my stomach.

I will let you all know more tomorrow.

TK~

tommykat 10-16-2006 07:05 PM

I was just sent this. I hope it works....It hits home everyone.

http://susie1114.com/LiveALife.html

NUMBER7 10-16-2006 07:34 PM

TK. Sorry to hear about your mother. Remember knowledge is power. The following are some bolded terms (I do not know how to paste them as links) that you can search on the subject of lung carninoma to find some possible answers. I especially prefer Oncolink. I have just sent up a prayer for your mother. Take care.

http://www.cancernews.com/lung.htm

Lung
Lung Cancer Information Center — Medicine OnLine
Thoracic Neoplasms — The Virtual Hospital
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (physician version) — National Cancer Institute
Non_Small Cell Lung Cancer (patient version) — National Cancer Institute
Small Cell Lung Cancer (physician version) — National Cancer Institute
Small Cell Lung Cancer (patient version) — National Cancer Institute
Lung Metastases (physician version) — National Cancer Institute
Comprehensive Lung Center — The University of Pittsburgh
Cuneo Lung Cancer Study Group
American Lung Association
National Lung Transplant Patient Association
American Thoracic Society

Clinical Trials Information
Centerwatch — List of clinical trials for consumers
What Are Clinical Trials All About? — National Cancer Institute
HealthWeb — Clinical trial information links from the Ruth Lilly Medical library at Indiana University
Patient Clinical Trials Information — University of Colorado
Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) — The Group is based on the premise that cooperative studies among participating institutions will accelerate the process that will eventually lead to the control and cure of cancer.
Harvard Collaborative Oncology Group (HCOG) — provides an effective vehicle for cancer research and education
Southwest Oncology Group — A National Clinical Research Group
Health Professional - Clinical Trials — Cancernet NIH Clinical Trial Information for Health Professionals
Clinical Trials at UWCCC — University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center
UCI Clinical Cancer Center: Clinical Trials — University of California, Irvine College
Clinical Trials Updates — National Cancer Institute
Clinical Trials — Cancer Web
American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) — One of the largest organizations for basic and clinical cancer researchers and publishers of Cancer Research in addition to other journals.
Major Online Cancer Resources
Oncolink
Comprehensive information resource on cancer from the University of Pennsylvania. A superior resource for patients with in-depth information on most types of cancer and emphasis on psychosocial issues.
CancerNet
Cancer resources for both consumers and healthcare professionals from the National Cancer Institute (US)
CancerWeb
Cancer information service based in the UK
CancerNetwork
This service includes back issues of "Oncology" and other publications
The Cancer Information Center
1-800-4-CANCER

Simply Red 10-16-2006 07:49 PM

Pray big. As will I tonight TK.

-Simply Red

chiefs4me 10-16-2006 08:19 PM

TK so sorry to hear about your mother...live each day to the fullest...and OZ, best wishes to your aunt and you...Falcon sorry to hear about the loss of your father...B2 ,your wife is lucky to have you...my prayers go out to you all..

greg63 10-17-2006 12:04 AM

Prayers out for your mom and for you.

God bless!

Iowanian 10-17-2006 10:25 AM

Very sorry to hear it TK.

Positive thought and outlook by you will be helpful for her, whatever happens. My thoughts are with your family.

58-4ever 10-17-2006 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommykat

I'm really sorry. I have a feeling that I will be going through the same thing with my mother soon. She's been smoking like a train as long as I've known her.

BigOlChiefsfan 10-17-2006 11:21 AM

Good thoughts for you and your family, TK

Yellowbutter72 10-17-2006 12:22 PM

I am so sorry! I will be praying for you and your mother!!

Rain Man 10-17-2006 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever
I'm really sorry. I have a feeling that I will be going through the same thing with my mother soon. She's been smoking like a train as long as I've known her.

How long have you known her?

58-4ever 10-17-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
How long have you known her?

Nearly all my life. :)

tommykat 10-17-2006 05:55 PM

Well, what a day! Not sure where to start...........ok, we have to have Mom go back to Dr. Taylor to put a stint in her esophagus as it is closed pretty much from the cancer. Then we have to have a biopsy from another Dr. so they know what kind of cancer it is to treat. 2 names were given but I didn't understand that. My sister-in-law did. Also a PET scan. Then back to the oncologist next Tuesday to start chemo...<<Not sure when.

It is level 3B.....guess you know what that means? Anyway, made an appointment with an attorney to get a living will and things fixed so Jack's kids don't try to come in and try to get anything.

My plate is more than full. Time is short I imagine. Then when my sister-in-law was on her way back up to Mom's her Mother was on the way to the hospital. She has 2 aneurisms on her heart. Seems so far as we know that she had a stoke.

Not a good day.......

Jenny Gump 10-17-2006 07:17 PM

I'm so sorry TK. Hang in there.

phuzz013 10-17-2006 07:53 PM

So sorry, TK, best of luck to you and your mother!

As for your confusions, I'm willing to bet that the two names that were given were small cell and non-small cell lung cancer. Basically, the chemo that's used for those cancer's are different for each one, so they need to do a biopsy to see which one she has. Small cell cancers generally are more aggressive and carry poorer prognoses.

As for 3b, that indicates the stage of the cancer. It's basically the doctor's guide to how much the cancer has progressed. Stage IIIb means that the cancer has not metastasized from what they can tell, but either it has ingrained itself into surrounding structures (like the esophagus) or cells from the tumor have gone into lymph nodes in the region.

Hope this clarifies some things :( Again, best of luck to you and your family.

luv 10-17-2006 11:46 PM

Kathy, you and your mom are in my thoughts. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Phobia 10-17-2006 11:51 PM

You've done this before, girl. Not that it makes it any easier, but you know you can get through it no matter what happens. Stay strong. I know you're concerned for Mom but she's a big girl. You have to take care of Kathy, too. Take care of you and let the professionals take care of Mom.

Otter 10-18-2006 01:18 AM

Hang in there TK, my thoughts and well wishes go out to you.

tommykat 10-19-2006 09:00 PM

You can delete this thread......

We have many other Doctors to go to. But now that want to put a feeding tube in her stomach....Things are just going down hill fast. I thank you all for your support. However, I ask for prayer that my Mom doesn't hurt as she hurts so bad right now. And for my family as we endure what we are seeing happen.

Thank you all.

Kathy

|Zach| 10-19-2006 09:15 PM

We literally never actually delete threads.

Aside from this best of luck to your family during this difficult time. We are all thinking of you.