ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What did I tell you about Richardson?! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=14620)

Cannibal 12-17-2000 02:45 PM

He is our feature back.

Just give the guy the ball. He can play extremely well if given the opportunity.

They gave him the carries these last two weeks in a row and he's had back to back great games.

[This message has been edited by Cannibal (edited 12-17-2000).]

morphius 12-17-2000 03:08 PM

Cannibal - Both Milkman and I gave you props on the Great play by woods thread.

Cannibal 12-17-2000 03:10 PM

Thank ya... Thank ya!

I just hope they do this again next week and then decide keep TRich in this role.

That would allow them to select all defense and O-line in the upcoming draft.

Logical 12-17-2000 03:10 PM

Cannibal,

I truly hope you are correct, but Carolina and Denver's run defense are not great places to make judgements. I like Tony and the last two games are the first time they have stuck with him, so maybe it is true. I just wish we played a run defense like TB or Tennessee next week so we could find out for sure.

Meanwhile the dominance of Denver continues.

milkman 12-17-2000 03:11 PM

You called it. Let's feed him the ball next season and draft for defense.
the milkman
though I think T-Rich and the Chiefs saved MaGoo's job today

G_Man 12-17-2000 03:12 PM

T-Rich looked great today. The thing that still makes me doubt him is that Moreau did as well. And it was against Denver. No doubt, he proved me wrong in some ways today. But I would still not cancel the search for a premier back just yet.

Cannibal 12-17-2000 03:12 PM

Logical,

NOBODY runs against TB or Tennessee, not even the great RB's. That would not be a fair assessment IMO.

Cannibal 12-17-2000 03:16 PM

He can do it guys. All he needs is the carries, just like every other RB that plays the game.

Did you see him out running those DB's?

He has the power to crush people and he has the speed to take it to the house, that's all you can ask for.

After the game they showed a shot of Peterson talking to TRich. I'm hoping the conversation was about making him the full time RB.

Logical 12-17-2000 03:18 PM

Cannibal,

I would not be looking for 100 yds but 3.5 per carry for the carries he would get. Great backs will do this and it would be a true test. I just do not have faith in Gunther sticking with Tony next season. Hope I am wrong, I still think Tony can be a Stephen Davis type back if given 25 to 30 touches (run and catch) per game.

Props on your faith in Tony, by the way.

Mi_chief_fan 12-17-2000 03:23 PM

I also liked the way T-Rich ran, and Moreau. Cannibal called it. That's why He's the smartest guy on the board. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

G_Man 12-17-2000 03:26 PM

Am I reading this right? Did we rush for 264 yards!?!?!? Holy sh*t. Credit to T-Rich, Moreau, the OL, DA, and "Wheels" Grbac.

morphius 12-17-2000 03:28 PM

Didn't Grbac average over 11 ypc? Future RB in the commitee? http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

G_Man 12-17-2000 03:28 PM

Cannibal 12-17-2000 03:37 PM

Richardson is now on pace for almost 800 yards rushing and 500 recieving despite shodding run blocking and having to share carries over and over again.

1,300 combined yards from scrimmage is excellent when you're forced to share carries.

He should have rushed for 1,400+ if he wouldn't have been screwed around.

AZChief 12-17-2000 03:42 PM

I'd love to know what Peterson was saying to Richardson at the end of the game. It better have been a pep talk explaining that he's going to get 20-25 touches a game next year or Gun's gone...

Az

stevieray 12-17-2000 03:47 PM

Kudos to JR for calling a great game. Found a weakness in K.Pittman, and exploited it. something he has doesn't all year.

Remember that TR was Gun's first choice. I think he sealed it today. Atlanta? He might make 1000 yards. And Grbac will surpass 4000 yards. We have TWO 1000 yard receivers...

Beating the Champs and sweping Denver is a nice consolation for no post-play.

Mosbonian 12-17-2000 03:52 PM

Big time props to T-Rich today. I admit being one of the those who a few weeks ago said T-Rich wasn't carrying his share. I ADMIT MY STUPIDITY

Additional props go to Elvis for his scrambling for 1st Downs and to Todd Sauerbraun for the fine punting job today.

Thumbs down go to Kevin Lockett for his hair-brained play today. Not exactly what you call an assistance to your negotiations come the end of the season.

mmaddog
waiting in line for the smack from Cannibal

[This message has been edited by Mark Kilgore (edited 12-17-2000).]

Cannibal 12-17-2000 04:05 PM

No smack here, I'm a happy camper after watching that performance.

It was fun. The funnest game to watch all year for me. Except for maybe the Ram game.<BR>

Cannibal 12-17-2000 04:08 PM

It's a shame that the D can't play like that every week.

donkhater 12-17-2000 04:09 PM

Maybe I should have video taped more games this year. The only ones I have taped this season were the Rams and this game vs. Denver

Pitt Gorilla 12-17-2000 04:14 PM

Does it really come as any suprise that Lockett committed THE most bone-headed play of the year? I mean, he did attend the same institution of higher learning as brain child Bishop. These guys aren't SUPPOSED to think, are they? (I'm just talking crap ;) )

------------------
GO PITT!

DaKCMan AP 12-17-2000 04:25 PM

Richardson played great, but I still want a FA RB, not a converted FB. I always want improvement, and even though it seems slim I still want Dillon.

Richardson: 23 carries 156yds 6.8ypc TD
Dillon: 22 carries 278yds 12.6ypc 2TDs

Also, on the other board, after last weeks performance I found 10 other RBs who had around the same or more yards vs Carolina and a higher or same YPC average.

Cannibal 12-17-2000 04:35 PM

This team does not need another RB.

It needs an OLB, a DTackle, a Corner, a Backup QB, a Center, an OG and a Punt/Kickoff returner.

With TRich getting the carries, RB is one of the last positions on this team that needs filled.

DaKCMan AP 12-17-2000 04:59 PM

I disagree. Even with TRich's recent success, I believe we still need a pro-bowl for-sure go-to RB, not FB. We do need some OL, DL, LB, and DB help too, but don't count RB out of the needy box.

Tribal Warfare 12-17-2000 05:05 PM

Jeff- it never hurts to have another pro-bowl RB. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/cool.gif

Tribal Warfare 12-17-2000 05:08 PM

Now in the draft the Chiefs should be targeting DT Shaun Rogers.

[This message has been edited by ChiefPriority (edited 12-17-2000).]

mlyonsd 12-17-2000 05:10 PM

I think Richardson has proven himself as a good RB. I do question his quick thinking and moves. It was nice to see him change direction a little bit but I don't think it comes naturally to him.

He seems like pretty much a straight ahead runner that can't make people miss. The Broncos tackled like dog poo poo today so I wouldn't get too excited.

Bob Dole 12-17-2000 05:20 PM

Okoye didn't have a lot of "moves," either, but was effective and sure was fun to watch week after week.

And it's funny how you block out unpleasant facts. Bob Dole was not aware that T Rich's 156 yard performance today was the best since Barry Word had 200 yards in 1990. A freaking decade ago. Good googly moogly.

[This message has been edited by Robert_Dole (edited 12-17-2000).]

redshirt32 12-17-2000 05:37 PM

I just got back from the game,what a blast!
The OL was here to play today,this win was good for the team.
Nothing like screaming so hard you run the denver fans out the staidum,solid performance by the whole team.
Next years draft should be more DL help and kick returner.
Senior bowl not to far away time to start looking for draft picks!

------------------
We interrupt this marriage to bring you the NFL season.

KCJohnny 12-17-2000 05:37 PM

Richardson has started 2 games at HB.
Car: 17 for 89
Den: 23 for 156
Totals: 40 for 245 (6.1 ypc)

I don't know who out there would do any better.
And still block and catch as good as TR.
If TR has a big game against the Falcons, this will be a non-issue.
KCJ
Has waited a long time for a 264 yd performance.
BTW, Chiefs Maz-led D allowed only 66 yds rushing. They are allowing only 67 ypg last 5 games (the Maz era has begun).<BR>

Bob Dole 12-17-2000 05:48 PM

As for Carl's discussion with Tony--he was simply wishing him a happy birthday.

Luzap 12-17-2000 06:32 PM

Cannibal,

Why do you say that we need an outside LB?

Luz
would you replace Maz, or Edwards?...

G_Man 12-17-2000 06:34 PM

Move Maz to the middle. That's what he's saying.

morphius 12-17-2000 06:35 PM

Luz - Cannibal wants Maz in the middle, Edwards on the outside with the new LB on the other side. In other words, no more Patton is his goal.

Idahojim 12-17-2000 06:39 PM

It sure looks like TRich and Moreau can do it (once Frankie learns to hold onto the ball). But let's not forget what opened the holes. We've got a solid offensive line - and if we don't have to spend big bucks to get a featured running back, we might be able to get a new contract with or franchise Will Shields and re-sign Elvis. Then use the draft to bulk up the defense and get a return man. Who knows, Grunny might even come back at a reasonable amount if we get all that done.

Add a third-place schedule, confidence coming off the last three games and life might be very, very good.

Then again, it could still suck, too. But then such is the life of a Chiefs fan.

You realize that we've all died, gone to hell and sentenced to be Chiefs fans for eternity, don't you? It can't be any worse than great wailing and gnashing of teeth.

What the hell. Go Chiefs!

Mi_chief_fan 12-17-2000 06:39 PM

Maz, of course! But I wouldn't replace him, i would move him to the middle.

Cannibal 12-17-2000 06:40 PM

Nothing against Patton at all.

I just think he's getting long in the tooth.

Maz is a natural middle LB anyway.

Mi_chief_fan 12-17-2000 06:43 PM

Cannibal,
I think he gets the point now. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Cannibal 12-17-2000 10:46 PM

In the Star, Peterson now says the feature back spot for the Chiefs is now Richardson's to lose and that he's happy about the RB situation.

Sorry Dillonites...

TRich will be a 1,200 yard RB next year barring injury or having to share carries.<P>

PoliceChief 12-17-2000 10:52 PM

I agree with you meateater. TR really looked the part today. And except for a little rumble, bumble fumblerusky, Moreau might be the #2 man. As much as I like the guy, it might be time to turn loose of Anders. The injury last year put him on the skids with the Chiefs.

Pitt Gorilla 12-17-2000 11:48 PM

Idahojim, you must have read my sack post.

------------------
GO PITT!

DaKCMan AP 12-18-2000 05:12 AM

TRich can be a good, consistent back, I don't disagree with that. He will never be a 'great' back. He would be the 'best' fullback. Why move him to be a position where he can be 'good' when you can leave him where he can be the 'best' and then go get a back that can be 'great'.

Why settle for less??