ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Poilian says no QB worthy of #1. Chiefs can find one later (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270273)

Deberg_1990 02-22-2013 08:37 AM

Poilian says no QB worthy of #1. Chiefs can find one later

:facepalm:

Former Colts GM Polian says Chiefs can find a QB in the draft

— In Bill Polian’s long career as an NFL general manager, his team had the number-one pick in the draft just once. That was in 1998, when he was with Indianapolis, and the Colts that year selected a quarterback, Peyton Manning.

That worked out well for Polian and the Colts. But Polian said he doesn’t think the Chiefs should draft a quarterback with this year’s first pick, even though they would like an upgrade over Matt Cassel. Like many assessing this year’s draft, Polian said there’s not a quarterback worthy of being the number-one selection.

“Just because there’s not a quarterback that everybody now doesn’t think is worth the number-one pick doesn’t mean you can’t get a quarterback,” Polian said. “Nobody thought Russell Wilson was worth a third-round pick except a couple of us. He turned out to be a pretty good quarterback.

“You always go for the best player. It’s foolish to go for need and (Chiefs coach Andy Reid) won’t do that.”

While Reid coached in Philadelphia, the Eagles at least a couple of times found quarterbacks after the first round who eventually became starters, including Kevin Kolb and Nick Foles.

“Nobody develops quarterbacks better than Andy Reid,” Polian said. “So rest assured, you’ve got the right guy. Whatever decision he makes will be the right one. He’ll find a quarterback. It doesn’t need to be the first guy in the draft.”
Other than to stay away from quarterbacks, Polian had no advice for the Chiefs with the first pick.

“Ask Andy,” he said. “They know their personnel far better than I do and they know what they need.”

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/21...-colts-gm.html

suds79 02-22-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9424851)
“Nobody develops quarterbacks better than Andy Reid,” Polian said. “So rest assured, you’ve got the right guy. Whatever decision he makes will be the right one. He’ll find a quarterback. It doesn’t need to be the first guy in the draft.”

Now more than ever I hope Andy takes QB #1 overall just to shut Poilian up.

He's horrible on ESPN BTW. It's painful.

Rasputin 02-22-2013 08:40 AM

Clown Smile (death warmed over)

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-22-2013 08:41 AM

Nobody develops quarterbacks better than Andy Reid,” Polian said. “So rest assured, you’ve got the right guy. Whatever decision he makes will be the right one. He’ll find a quarterback. It doesn’t need to be the first guy in the draft.”
Other than to stay away from quarterbacks, Polian had no advice for the Chiefs with the first pick.

We'll be picking Tyler Wison in Rd2.

Sorry guys.

Deberg_1990 02-22-2013 08:43 AM

oh...and Carl Peterson likes the Reid hire and hates rookie QBs. Why does KC media need to keep asking for his opinion????????

Peterson likes Reid hire

Carl Peterson still attends the NFL Scouting Combine, but as the chairman of USA Football and no longer as the general manager of the Chiefs.

“I’m not here to see guys run 40-yard dashes in their underwear,” he said.
Instead, Peterson is at the Combine promoting safety issues for USA Football, which promotes the game on the amateur and youth levels.

Peterson, now four years removed from the Chiefs, still follows the issues. He said he likes the hire of Reid.

“I articulated that to Clark Hunt,” Peterson said. “He knows what he’s doing. He’s a winning football coach. I think it’s a terrific addition, as I do also (general manager) John Dorsey.”

A major dilemma for Reid and Dorsey is to find a quarterback for the Chiefs. There are no star quarterbacks available as Joe Montana was when Peterson and the Chiefs traded for him in 1993. The draft doesn’t hold any can’t-miss quarterback prospects.

“It was always my philosophy to get the seasoned veteran quarterback who had been successful and been through it before,” Peterson said. “Any time you draft a quarterback, he’s got a heck of a learning curve to get through, depending where you pick and who’s available. But I wouldn’t be surprised if Andy did that.”

As for what the Chiefs should do with their first-round pick, the first in the draft, Peterson said he would leave that to Reid and Dorsey.

“That’s not my concern anymore,” Peterson said. “I’ll tell you what they ought to do: Take the best player available, the best player you have rated regardless of position.
“It certainly is an important pick.

The first-round draft choices are always important, but the higher you pick the more important it is. You don’t want to make a mistake because it does reflect on the future of the franchise. A lot of pressure there, but I think Andy and John will get it done.”

RyFo18 02-22-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9424862)
Nobody develops quarterbacks better than Andy Reid,” Polian said. “So rest assured, you’ve got the right guy. Whatever decision he makes will be the right one. He’ll find a quarterback. It doesn’t need to be the first guy in the draft.”

Sorry guys.

He will not be there in round 2. Sorry.

RunKC 02-22-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Sorry guys.

Sorry? JFC getting Wilson at 34 would be a ****ing steal of massive proportions.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-22-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9424864)
He will not be there in round 2. Sorry.

So you think there will be 5/6 QBs taken in rd 1 ?

Wilson is the 6th rated QB.

Rasputin 02-22-2013 08:50 AM

I'm tired of people saying we shouldn't take a QB with our first :#

And **** you Carl Peterson you never would have drafted us a QBotf with a first round pick you ****ing POS.

Reaper16 02-22-2013 08:50 AM

Carl still can't wrap his head around why he didn't win a championship. Haha.

Also, its pathetic watching GMs and ex-GMs across the league try to take some measure of retroactive credit for Russell Wilson. "Oh yeah, we loved the guy. Loved his interview." Pathetic.

KC_Lee 02-22-2013 08:54 AM

So is there some sort of cosmic insult that will occur if the Chiefs take a QB with the first overall pick? With the rookie pay scale in place the chance of a first round pick handcuffing a team from a salary cap perspective is reduced so why not take a QB?

Please explain to me the term worthy as it relates to the Chiefs and a QB at #1 overall.

Deberg_1990 02-22-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9424870)
Also, its pathetic watching GMs and ex-GMs across the league try to take some measure of retroactive credit for Russell Wilson. "Oh yeah, we loved the guy. Loved his interview." Pathetic.

It proves that measurables are still king. At least when it comes to the 1st round prospects.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9424867)

No, he isn't.

ROFL

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

I keep seeing this and I keep thinking "who has he REALLY developed"?

Kevin Kolb played so good they traded him. He resurrected Vick for all of 1 year. Foles has yet to really prove anything. He's always had ADEQUATE QB play.

But the ONLY ELITE QB he's ever coached is the guy he picked #2 overall.

Don't get me wrong, I like Andy Reid. A LOT actually.

But this idea that he's a QB guru is WAY overblown.

RyFo18 02-22-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Ummmm. I don't think this is true. I've seen him as high as 1, as low as 4. And yes, I do think 4 QBs get drafted in the 1st round.

RealSNR 02-22-2013 09:05 AM

Hog Farmer's gotta be on a troll kick ever since 2013 draft talk started. He's not normally this dumb.

the Talking Can 02-22-2013 09:07 AM

Russel Wilson is the new Brady

thinking you can just wait and get a 3rd rounder is every bit as ****ing stupid as saying "oh yeah, well Brady was a 6th rounder"

And Reid made his name with a first round QB...it ain't ****ing rocket calculus

RunKC 02-22-2013 09:08 AM

I'm cool with getting Tyler Wilson at 34 or by trading back into the first. It seems like he'll definitely be there at the moment as Glennon, Geno and Barkley will surely be definite first round guys.

Contrary to popular belief, we don't have to get our QB of choice at 1 if it's a guy that people know for sure won't be first round pick.

RyFo18 02-22-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424896)

Kevin Kolb played so good they traded him. He resurrected Vick for all of 1 year. Foles has yet to really prove anything. He's always had ADEQUATE QB play.

I don't see how you don't think he developed Kolb...He coached up Kolb to play well in his system, so much that teams wanted to trade for him. With Vick playing as well as he was and the organization committing so much money to him, it was a no brainer to trade him as his contract would expire at the end of the year.

Kolb and Vick both had their best seasons under Reid. I think that says something about him.

the Talking Can 02-22-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424896)

x10000000000000000000000

he's good at flipping lower round QBs...which is a great thing and I hope he does that here, but....

he went to a super bowl with a first round QB...end of story

O.city 02-22-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9424903)
I'm cool with getting Tyler Wilson at 34 or by trading back into the first. It seems like he'll definitely be there at the moment as Glennon, Geno and Barkley will surely be definite first round guys.

Contrary to popular belief, we don't have to get our QB of choice at 1 if it's a guy that people know for sure won't be first round pick.

You keep saying this and it's fine I'd love it to work like that. But I'm tired of playing it risky with the qb spot and not having our choice.

If we wait we might miss out or not be able to trade back up etc.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

I'm cool with getting Tyler Wilson at 34

IF he falls to 34, yes.

Quote:

or by trading back into the first.

I HATE this idea. We have the #1 pick. We can settle this shit WITHOUT giving up VALUABLE picks. That pick at the top of the 2nd could net us a starting WR or starting CB.

Quote:

It seems like he'll definitely be there at the moment as Glennon, Geno and Barkley will surely be definite first round guys.

I think Barkley falling is more of a wildcard than Wilson.

Quote:

There isn't a single guy in the 4 you mentioned that we know FOR SURE won't be a first round pick. So this is flawed logic.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9424904)
I don't see how you don't think he developed Kolb...He coached up Kolb to play well in his system, so much that teams wanted to trade for him. With Vick playing as well as he was and the organization committing so much money to him, it was a no brainer to trade him as his contract would expire at the end of the year.

Kolb and Vick both had their best seasons under Reid. I think that says something about him.

If he REALLY coached up Kolb, he wouldn't have traded him. You don't trade franchise QBs. Andy "QB guru" Reid DIDN'T THINK KOLB WAS GOOD ENOUGH.

Period, end of story.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9424907)
x10000000000000000000000

he's good at flipping lower round QBs...which is a great thing and I hope he does that here, but....

he went to a super bowl with a first round QB...end of story

It's too funny. They're playing the Pioli/Andy Reid segment on the radio right now.

Pioli is trying to praise Andy about how he has developed QBs and he starts the sentence with "Yeah, he had Donovan but..."

He totally tried to completely ignore the fact that Andy Reid drafted a QB at #2 overall.

RunKC 02-22-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9424910)
You keep saying this and it's fine I'd love it to work like that. But I'm tired of playing it risky with the qb spot and not having our choice.

If we wait we might miss out or not be able to trade back up etc.

They just need to know where to get their guy.

Teams do this often.

Ravens traded up for Flacco. 49ers traded up for Kaepernick. Seahawks were patient and let the draft play out for Wilson.

RealSNR 02-22-2013 09:22 AM

If the QB class is so god****ing abortion awful like you say it is, then how are teams going to find that Russell Wilson? If there's no Andrew Luck in the class, why the **** would there be a Russell Wilson? It makes sense that teams this year are going to reach higher for QBs not worth their picks.

That means if you want that Russell Wilson, you're going to have to get him in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

And if your point is that Russell Wilson was just a pleasant surprise in the 3rd round, then you really have no point, then do you? It's no different than saying, "Teams get lucky on mid-to-late round franchise QBs all the time. There's Russell Wilson and uh.... Tom Brady... and... uhhhhh... Kurt Warner..."

Betting your team's success on late round miracles that happen sporadically is really ****ing dumb.

O.city 02-22-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9424932)

Teams do this often.

Ravens traded up for Flacco. 49ers traded up for Kaepernick. Seahawks were patient and let the draft play out for Wilson.

Yeah and how many teams have tried it and didnt get their guy? We have no idea obviously but it's risky and I'm not all about risk at that position anymore.

If it were clowney sitting at 1 **** yeah risk it cause the reward is worth it. IMO no other player there is worth the risk of missing out on your guy

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Teams do this often.

Ravens traded up for Flacco.

Ravens didn't have a top 10 pick.

Quote:

49ers traded up for Kaepernick.

Neither did the 49ers.

Both of those picks were ADDING to an established team.

Quote:

Seahawks were patient and let the draft play out for Wilson.

Bullshit. The already had Flynn. Russell Wilson fell into their laps. They got LUCKY.

Deberg_1990 02-22-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9424904)

NO one disputes the fact that Reid can coach up QBs. Hes definately proven that.

BUt for "sustained" success over the long haul, he had a top 3 drafted QB prospect. All those other guys were temporary solutions.

RyFo18 02-22-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424922)
If he REALLY coached up Kolb, he wouldn't have traded him. You don't trade franchise QBs. Andy "QB guru" Reid DIDN'T THINK KOLB WAS GOOD ENOUGH.

Period, end of story.

It's not end of story. He coached up Kolb, and then Kolb gets hurt. Vick lights it up, they pay him to be the franchise QB. Then they trade Kolb b/c they can't afford 2 franchise QBs.

RealSNR 02-22-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Teams do this often.

It only looks like teams were prescient on acquiring those QBs because they actually acquired them. What about all the other teams that wanted Flacco, Kaepernick, and Wilson? They clearly didn't know where those QBs should be appropriately drafted, and as a result they missed out.

And stop saying Russell Wilson was this pre-meditated action by the Seahawks going into the draft. They DID NOT ****ING SAY, "Okay guys, Russell Wilson is the QB we want, so let's just play it cool in the 1st and 2nd rounds and see how the picks lay out, then we'll go get him around the 3rd round just to be safe. It's where he's supposed to be drafted."

In fact, it's well-known that Pete Carroll and most of the scouts thought Wilson was a giant waste of a 3rd rounder. That was an instance of John Schneider overriding everybody in the room and picking the QB anyway. HE WAS NOT A PLAN, and Seattle had no ****ing clue where he would go coming into the draft.

Just shut your ****ing face, please.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9424947)
It's not end of story. He coached up Kolb, and then Kolb gets hurt. Vick lights it up, they pay him to be the franchise QB. Then they trade Kolb b/c they can't afford 2 franchise QBs.

Kolb was never a franchise QB.

RealSNR 02-22-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424952)

Exactly. Kolb was playing like shit in that first game. after the McNabb trade. Reid should consider himself very lucky that he got injured so quickly and Vick came in.

OnTheWarpath15 02-22-2013 09:32 AM

Yeah, Andy really "developed" Kolb.

Developed him into a career 59% passer with a 28:25 TD:INT ratio and a 79 QBR.

That just SCREAMS franchise QB.

RunKC 02-22-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9424948)
It only looks like teams were prescient on acquiring those QBs because they actually acquired them. What about all the other teams that wanted Flacco, Kaepernick, and Wilson? They clearly didn't know where those QBs should be appropriately drafted, and as a result they missed out.

And stop saying Russell Wilson was this pre-meditated action by the Seahawks going into the draft. They DID NOT ****ING SAY, "Okay guys, Russell Wilson is the QB we want, so let's just play it cool in the 1st and 2nd rounds and see how the picks lay out, then we'll go get him around the 3rd round just to be safe. It's where he's supposed to be drafted."

In fact, it's well-known that Pete Carroll and most of the scouts thought Wilson was a giant waste of a 3rd rounder. That was an instance of John Schneider overriding everybody in the room and picking the QB anyway. HE WAS NOT A PLAN, and Seattle had no ****ing clue where he would go coming into the draft.

Just shut your ****ing face, please.

And here is where you're proven wrong.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9ZD82D0nVoI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3:35

John Schneider had a love affair with him and Mortensen even knew the Seahawks would draft him. If you don't think it was their GM's "plan" to pick him, then you aren't paying attention.

O.city 02-22-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9424965)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9ZD82D0nVoI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

John Schneider had a love affair with him and Mortensen even knew the Seahawks would draft him. If you don't think it was their GM's "plan" to pick him, then you aren't paying attention.

He just said that in his defense.

However if you wanna hung the qb position on finding the next russel Wilson, I'm not sure that's the best idea

RyFo18 02-22-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424952)

That's not true at all. He was the future of the Eagles in 2010. He started the first game and got hurt. Vick played weeks 2-4 and then they brought Kolb back in. He started until week 9, when he w againas then injured. Week 10 was the week Vick absolutely destroyed the Redskins, and then Vick never let go of the job.

Spare me the "he was never a franchise QB" because that was exactly what Philly had planned for him. He just got unlucky with injuries and the next guy up made the most of his opportunity. Just like Alex Smith/Kaepernick.

Deberg_1990 02-22-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

If they loved him so bad, why didnt they pick him earlier?

O.city 02-22-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9424971)
If they loved him so bad, why didnt they pick him earlier?

They had just signed Flynn, which made them able to take a risk and see what happened.

IMO we don't exactly have that option right now

Hoover 02-22-2013 09:40 AM

It feels to me that since the "experts" can't come to an agreement on a sure fire lock at QB, they just say there isn't a good one because they would rather see a guy like Geno fall and he turn out good, than sell people on Geno and he be bad, which in turn makes them look bad.

This has more to do with being risk adverse than anything else.

RealSNR 02-22-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

You're not paying attention you ****ing moron.

HOW MANY OTHER TEAMS HAD THE "PLAN" OF PICKING HIM?

It doesn't matter if you like a guy and have him circled on your board. Even Scott ****ing Pioli does that. No team knows when a player "should" get drafted. If Schneider legitimately thought that Wilson was HIS QB and the guy that he HAD to get, he would have drafted him a lot earlier, because NOBODY ****ING KNOWS WHAT THE HELL IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN THE DRAFT.

I just ****ing SAID in my last post that Schneider liked Russell Wilson a lot. It was the other guys in the room who didn't want to take him with that pick. That's far from a consensus team plan to wait things out and take Wilson "where he belongs"

You can't be this dumb. :facepalm:

Mr_Tomahawk 02-22-2013 09:41 AM

Carrington Harrison‏@cdotharrison

The Chiefs have requested an interview with EJ Manuel.

OnTheWarpath15 02-22-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9424977)

It doesn't matter if you like a guy and have him circled on your board. Even Scott ****ing ***** does that. No team knows when a player "should" get drafted. If Schneider legitimately thought that Wilson was HIS QB and the guy that he HAD to get, he would have drafted him a lot earlier, because NOBODY ****ING KNOWS WHAT THE HELL IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN THE DRAFT.

I just ****ing SAID in my last post that Schneider liked Russell Wilson a lot. It was the other guys in the room who didn't want to take him with that pick. That's far from a consensus team plan to wait things out and take Wilson "where he belongs"

You can't be this dumb.

Obviously you haven't read many of his posts.

O.city 02-22-2013 09:42 AM

Didnt we also request an interview with geno today?

Iowanian 02-22-2013 09:43 AM

I want a great QB in KC as bad as anyone.

That said, if the talent evaluations for this team show that these guys aren't top 10 talent, I'm OK taking another position with the #1. Honestly, in that case, if there isn't a #1QB, I hope they can trade down and pick up an extra 2nd or 1 next year.

No, I'm not True fan...I'm realistic.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9424970)
That's not true at all. He was the future of the Eagles in 2010. He started the first game and got hurt. Vick played weeks 2-4 and then they brought Kolb back in. He started until week 9, when he w againas then injured. Week 10 was the week Vick absolutely destroyed the Redskins, and then Vick never let go of the job.

Spare me the "he was never a franchise QB" because that was exactly what Philly had planned for him. He just got unlucky with injuries and the next guy up made the most of his opportunity. Just like Alex Smith/Kaepernick.

Vick never let go of the job because Kolb couldn't take it for his own.

It isn't AT ALL like Alex Smith/Kaepernick. Kolb has literally NOTHING to offer next to Colin Kaepernick.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9424974)
They had just signed Flynn, which made them able to take a risk and see what happened.

IMO we don't exactly have that option right now

THIS

Sorter 02-22-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Only by Mayock. LMAO If you really think that Wilson is worse than Landry Jones, I don't know what to tell you.

Wilson being available in R2 is a fantasy at best.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9424984)
I want a great QB in KC as bad as anyone.

That said, if the talent evaluations for this team show that these guys aren't top 10 talent, I'm OK taking another position with the #1. Honestly, in that case, if there isn't a #1QB, I hope they can trade down and pick up an extra 2nd or 1 next year.

No, I'm not True fan...I'm realistic.

Trading down isn't realistic.

If we, the Chiefs, who have a gaping ****ing hole at QB, don't want to draft a QB at #1, NOBODY is going to trade with us.

Our pick is not tradeable. For real.

RunKC 02-22-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9424977)

It doesn't matter if you like a guy and have him circled on your board. Even Scott ****ing ***** does that. No team knows when a player "should" get drafted. If Schneider legitimately thought that Wilson was HIS QB and the guy that he HAD to get, he would have drafted him a lot earlier, because NOBODY ****ING KNOWS WHAT THE HELL IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN THE DRAFT.

You can't be this dumb. :facepalm:

They do what smart teams do: get value and the QB.

It was no secret that Russell Wilson was getting a 3rd round grade due to his height. Hell some people thought Foles would be taken before him because of that issue.

Teams will know what round each player, especially a QB, will be slotted in on draft day.
Pretty clear that Schneider zoned in on the kid and knew his height would keep him out of the first 2 rounds.
Teams will know EVERYTHING about a QB if they need one. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-22-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9424898)
Ummmm. I don't think this is true. I've seen him as high as 1, as low as 4. And yes, I do think 4 QBs get drafted in the 1st round.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai
With the NFL Scouting Combine beginning on Feb. 23, Mike Mayock unveils the first of his position-by-position rankings for the 2013 NFL Draft.

Quarterback
1. Geno Smith, West Virginia
2. Matt Barkley, USC
3. Mike Glennon, NC State
4. Ryan Nassib, Syracuse
5. Landry Jones, Oklahoma

ChiefRocka 02-22-2013 09:46 AM

Just posted in another thread. Albert's back worse than initially thought after camp leaks said he passed his physical. As much as it would suck it may be the LT if this is true.

Frazod 02-22-2013 09:46 AM

Two more months of this bullshit. :facepalm:

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-22-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9424899)
Hog Farmer's gotta be on a troll kick ever since 2013 draft talk started. He's not normally this dumb.

You're dead wrong ! I'm normally this dumb!

OnTheWarpath15 02-22-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9424996)
Two more months of this bullshit. :facepalm:

Ignore it.

He's using the same information we've known and discussed for days.

Reid said Albert HAD a significant injury. Not HAS a significant injury.

Dude passed his physical. People are just stirring shit up.

siberian khatru 02-22-2013 09:51 AM

So explain to me how this works.

The Chiefs identify the best QB, and then expect he'll be there when they're picking in the 2nd (or even 3rd?) round? They're just going to sit there and laugh at the other teams picking other QBs ahead of them?

Or is it they're willing to settle for a not-the-best QB simply because the best one isn't worth No. 1 overall?

Iowanian 02-22-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424989)
Trading down isn't realistic.

If we, the Chiefs, who have a gaping ****ing hole at QB, don't want to draft a QB at #1, NOBODY is going to trade with us.

Our pick is not tradeable. For real.

In that scenerio, if there are 10 players better than the best QB...take the best player.

I have no doubt when this shakes out, there will be at least 2 new Quarterbacks on this team, better than anything we saw on the field last year.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9424994)
Just posted in another thread. Albert's back worse than initially thought after camp leaks said he passed his physical. As much as it would suck it may be the LT if this is true.

What you posted in the other thread is just more speculative bullshit.

Reid said Albert had a serious back INJURY. Singular.

There's absolutely no evidence that he has chronic, ongoing ISSUES with his back.

RunKC 02-22-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9424978)
Carrington Harrison‏@cdotharrison

The Chiefs have requested an interview with EJ Manuel.

Darkhorse?

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9425009)
In that scenerio, if there are 10 players better than the best QB...take the best player.

There aren't 10 players better than the best QB, so again we're back to being "realistic".

Mr_Tomahawk 02-22-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9425013)
Darkhorse?

That's racist.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9425013)
Darkhorse?

Absolutely.

If they bring in a stopgap vet like Alex Smith, EJ Manuel becomes very intriguing.

I just want people to be wary of letting themselves become convinced that Manuel is the next Colin Kaepernick. There are some KEY differences.

RunKC 02-22-2013 09:54 AM

This is all going to depend on who Dorsey and Reid feel is the best QB. If the QB they feel is the best in the draft isn't a first round QB (example: EJ Manuel, who they are interviewing) then they'll probably pick him at 34.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-22-2013 09:57 AM

I really would imagine they will be interviewing the top 10 QB's so this isn't really news.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9425017)
That's racist.

ROFL

htismaqe 02-22-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9425020)
This is all going to depend on who Dorsey and Reid feel is the best QB. If the QB they feel is the best in the draft isn't a first round QB (example: EJ Manuel, who they are interviewing) then they'll probably pick him at 34.

This I agree with.

If they're banking on Barkley or Wilson being there at 34, that's a flawed strategy.

If they're targeting Nassib, Dysert, or Manuel, then it absolutely makes sense.

ptlyon 02-22-2013 10:01 AM

I'll say it again - I hope I'm not at home for the chiefs #1 pick, that way whatever I break won't be mine.

The Franchise 02-22-2013 10:04 AM

I'm really hoping Russell Wilson bombs hard from here on out. It's getting tiresome hearing everyone saying that they thought he was going to be something special.

RunKC 02-22-2013 10:05 AM

Also, I just don't see us taking a Guard at all in this draft.

Jeff Allen was sought after by Reid last year. He had the guy in on a pre-draft visit for crying out loud.

rabblerouser 02-22-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

“You always go for the best player. It’s foolish to go for need and (Chiefs coach Andy Reid) won’t do that..."

Ok.

And THEN :

Quote:

“Ask Andy,” he said. “They know their personnel far better than I do and they know what they need.”

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/21...-colts-gm.html

Polian's a ****ing reerun.

RyFo18 02-22-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424985)
Vick never let go of the job because Kolb couldn't take it for his own.

It isn't AT ALL like Alex Smith/Kaepernick. Kolb has literally NOTHING to offer next to Colin Kaepernick.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Ummm. Kolb went down in week 9. In week 10 Vick had 413 total yards, 4 TD passes and 2 rushing TDs and the Eagles scored 59 points. Vick then went on to throw for 2000 yards and rush just under 500 over the last 8 weeks of the season. He also accounted for 23 touchdowns and led them into the playoffs. He had a 98 QB rating during that stretch.

None of that ever happens if Kolb doesn't get hurt. Kolb was their franchise QB. Nobody in their right mind is going to go back to Kolb though after Vick had that ridiculous game against the Redskins. This is all we are arguing. You said he wasn't. He was...Vick changed all that because NOBODY saw that coming from Vick.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9425060)
Ummm. Kolb went down in week 9. In week 10 Vick had 413 total yards, 4 TD passes and 2 rushing TDs and the Eagles scored 59 points. Vick then went on to throw for 2000 yards and rush just under 500 over the last 8 weeks of the season. He also accounted for 23 touchdowns and led them into the playoffs. He had a 98 QB rating during that stretch.

None of that ever happens if Kolb doesn't get hurt. Kolb was their franchise QB. Nobody in their right mind is going to go back to Kolb though after Vick had that ridiculous game against the Redskins. This is all we are arguing. You said he wasn't. He was...Vick changed all that because NOBODY saw that coming from Vick.

So Andy Reid went for the Flavor of the Month.

You're not making a case for him being a "QB guru". Quite the opposite actually.

RealSNR 02-22-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9424991)
They do what smart teams do: get value and the QB.

It was no secret that Russell Wilson was getting a 3rd round grade due to his height. Hell some people thought Foles would be taken before him because of that issue.

Teams will know what round each player, especially a QB, will be slotted in on draft day.
Pretty clear that Schneider zoned in on the kid and knew his height would keep him out of the first 2 rounds.
Teams will know EVERYTHING about a QB if they need one. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

Teams will know what round each player will be slotted in. Especially the team that winds up in a position to draft said player.

For all the teams that wanted that player but missed out, they clearly didn't ****ing know where the QB was going to be drafted now, did they? I know only one team can pick one player, but your explanation is still a far ****ing cry from the Seahawks going, "We have Flynn but need another QB. Here's what we do: RUSSELL WILSON. Got it? He's gonna be our 3rd round pick, and no team will trade ahead of us to go get him, because we know EVERYTHING there is to know about this player."

I'm just trying to get you to stop saying reeruned shit like, "Teams know when players will be available in certain rounds." They can make educated guesses, but all it takes is a Christian Ponder reach or a huge ****ing surprise trade out of nowhere to throw things out of whack. Then all that educated speculation they made about the player goes out the window.

Smart teams don't pound the value button like a reeruned monkey. Smart teams isolate the players they really want and need, and they GET THEM. Regardless of whether or not it's considered a reach. For example, in that very same draft you saw Bruce Irvin get reached on hard by the Seahawks because they frankly didn't know if another team was going to one-up them. Irvin sure as hell wasn't very good value where they picked him, but they got their guy. They said, "**** value. We want this player." And they pulled the trigger.

Again, shut the **** up, dumbass

htismaqe 02-22-2013 10:20 AM

We need a filter for the word "value".

The biggest crock of shit ever.

Chiefnj2 02-22-2013 10:20 AM

I find all the anger at the draft guys and ex-GMs to be funny. Is it their fault this years QB class sucks in terms of top end talent? The networks LOVE QBs. If there was a prospect to get excited over and over-hype they would. Based on game film alone it looks like there is one prospect who is getting a mid-first round grade. That's it. The choice for Reid is (a) bring in a vet, (b) reach for Smith, or (c) wait for the later rounds and try to beat the odds that that player can become a franchise QB.

Reaching for Smith is fine since you aren't going to get the same impact from any other position if you hit your pick. But, people need to stop whining that the entire world doesn't view him as a top 3 graded player.

RyFo18 02-22-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9425067)
So Andy Reid went for the Flavor of the Month.

You're not making a case for him being a "QB guru". Quite the opposite actually.

He went with the better player that was winning. People that aren't viewed as franchise QBs by the league at large will not end up being traded for a solid CB and 2nd round pick.

In the end, the Eagles would have been foolish to plug Kolb back in after Vick played like he did. It doesn't mean that he wasn't a franchise QB, though. They got what they could for him knowing that Vick was their guy going forward. That decision is not just on Reid, but GM Howie Roseman as well.

I know it seems ridiculous to you to have a guy labeled as a "QB guru" be able to plug in a quarterback and have him play well. That's because I don't understand your reasoning at all. I mean, what else would you expect of a QB guru, besides good play at the QB position?

The Franchise 02-22-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9425080)
Teams will know what round each player will be slotted in. Especially the team that winds up in a position to draft said player.

For all the teams that wanted that player but missed out, they clearly didn't ****ing know where the QB was going to be drafted now, did they? I know only one team can pick one player, but your explanation is still a far ****ing cry from the Seahawks going, "We have Flynn but need another QB. Here's what we do: RUSSELL WILSON. Got it? He's gonna be our 3rd round pick, and no team will trade ahead of us to go get him, because we know EVERYTHING there is to know about this player."

I'm just trying to get you to stop saying reeruned shit like, "Teams know when players will be available in certain rounds." They can make educated guesses, but all it takes is a Christian Ponder reach or a huge ****ing surprise trade out of nowhere to throw things out of whack. Then all that educated speculation they made about the player goes out the window.

Smart teams don't pound the value button like a reeruned monkey. Smart teams isolate the players they really want and need, and they GET THEM. Regardless of whether or not it's considered a reach. For example, in that very same draft you saw Bruce Irvin get reached on hard by the Seahawks because they frankly didn't know if another team was going to one-up them. Irvin sure as hell wasn't very good value where they picked him, but they got their guy. They said, "**** value. We want this player." And they pulled the trigger.

Yeah....because I'm sure all 31 other teams looked at last year and went.....

"Don't even go after Bruce Irvin guys....the Seahawks are taking him in the 1st round."

RunKC 02-22-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9425080)

So by your logic, if Ryan Nassib or EJ Manuel is our top rated QB, we should take him 1st overall?

Because that's a ****ing horrible plan.

PA Chiefs 02-22-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9424961)
Yeah, Andy really "developed" Kolb.

Developed him into a career 59% passer with a 28:25 TD:INT ratio and a 79 QBR.

That just SCREAMS franchise QB.

In KC it does

O.city 02-22-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9425099)
So by your logic, if Ryan Nassib or EJ Manuel is our top rated QB, we should take him 1st overall?

Because that's a ****ing horrible plan.

Well, if they have those two as their top two QB's, we have a bigger problem all together, but lets not dive into that right now.

:D