ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Very telling comment from JC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266388)

TimeForWasp 11-08-2012 11:40 PM

Very telling comment from JC

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...b-a45c3480e732

RB JAMAAL CHARLES
Q: What about Todd Haley. He knows you and a lot of guys on this team. He probably has a good idea of how to stop you as well that he’s sharing with the players on the defensive side of the ball in Pittsburgh?

CHARLES: “I think every team knows how to stop me, I think we run a couple plays and they already kind of know what we’re running because we’ve been running for eight weeks now. I think every team does a great job of trying put nine in the box.”

This tells me he doesn't have any belief in our passing game at all.

Q: The Steelers defense has always been known as a tough defense. What is your evaluation of their defense?

CHARLES: “They’re a big, physical team. They’ve been together for at about 10 years and know how to play football, they’ve won a couple Super Bowls together. You just have to have your stuff together before you go play them. You can’t be messy or they’ll just destroy you, especially at home. It’s a great team.”

S KENDRICK LEWIS
Q: What do you see when you look at Pittsburgh’s offense? Guessing you notice their speed, especially at the receiver position?

LEWIS: “Yeah, absolutely. They’re a very speedy, very talented group of guys. We’ve just got to prepare for their speed. That’s basically the biggest thing you see on the film, it’s quick passes, they’re going to get the ball into their receivers’ hands real quick and let them try and run and make plays.”

Q: It’s been a rough stretch so far this season. Is there any added excitement that it’s a Monday Night Football game?

LEWIS: “Absolutely. It’s primetime, the world is watching, you want to put your best play on the field, you want to do good and at the end of the day you want to win a ballgame for this club. We’re preparing to win a ballgame, that’s the excitement we get, we’re rallying around each other, trying to play complementary team football.”

Q: You played against Todd Haley’s offense in practice. Are you expecting to see something similar on Monday?

LEWIS: “Yeah, it’s similar because as we study film and as you go back to when he was here you see some of the same things. They’ve tweaked a few things here and there dealing with the personnel and the type of speed they’ve got there. It wasn’t matched up to what we had here as far as speed-wise. But you know, they tweaked a few things here and there but for the most part he stayed with his same offensive mindset and his same offensive plans.”

AussieChiefsFan 11-08-2012 11:41 PM

wooow.... Poor Jamaal.....

BossChief 11-08-2012 11:52 PM

Thats sig worthy.

Hammock Parties 11-08-2012 11:56 PM

Save Our Chiefs.

TimeForWasp 11-08-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9100418)
Thats sig worthy.

Yes , by God it is Sig worthy!!!

FAX 11-08-2012 11:59 PM

It's not just that the passing game is completely ineffective ... it's the fact that we are telegraphing the runs somehow. It's not just the line calls or audibles, either. It's something else. Since the NO game, enemy defenses have been run blitzing on rushes which is why Jamaal is probably leading the league in negative plays right now. I don't know what the "tell" is, but we're obviously providing the enemy with notice when we rush the football.

FAX

Rasputin 11-08-2012 11:59 PM

I think my sig is more telling.

BossChief 11-09-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9100426)
It's not just that the passing game is completely ineffective ... it's the fact that we are telegraphing the runs somehow. It's not just the line calls or audibles, either. It's something else. Since the NO game, enemy defenses have been run blitzing on rushes which is why Jamaal is probably leading the league in negative plays right now. I don't know what the "tell" is, but we're obviously providing the enemy with notice when we rush the football.

FAX

OMAHA OMAHA

Chiefs=Champions 11-09-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9100431)
OMAHA OMAHA

LMAO this

KCUnited 11-09-2012 05:33 AM

When Jamaal Charles can accurately articulate a glaring weakness in the offense, you're ****ed.

AndChiefs 11-09-2012 05:51 AM

Quote:

OMAHA OMAHA

I laugh every time I hear this in a game...how pathetic is it that any fan that's even paying half attention to the game can know when we're running?

stonedstooge 11-09-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9100621)
I laugh every time I hear this in a game...how pathetic is it that any fan that's even paying half attention to the game can know when we're running?

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH. MATT HAS LEARNED TO AUDIBLE AFTER 6 YEARS IN THE LEAGUE AND HE THINKS IT SOUNDS COOL. LEAVE HIM ALONE

PRIEST 11-09-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

OMAHA OMAHA

No shit .ROFL

BoneKrusher 11-09-2012 06:28 AM

Predictable

FringeNC 11-09-2012 06:29 AM

ROFL That quote appeared on the official Chiefs web site. Pioli will fire someone today.

Hammock Parties 11-09-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9100631)
ROFL That quote appeared on the official Chiefs web site. Pioli will fire someone today.

Pioli has no power anymore.

He spends his days in his office making fat, messy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, stuffing his purulent gob with sweet delights, his ever-expanding ass stretching the limits of his gray "gives no ****s" sweatpants.

The Emperor has no pants and Rome is burning.

Chiefnj2 11-09-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

FAX

The jumbo package with 4 OT's is probably a giveaway.

siberian khatru 11-09-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

FAX

You should turn the sound up on the games.

BoneKrusher 11-09-2012 07:16 AM

Teams know the Chiefs are no threat in the Passing Game all they have to do is stop Jamaal.

Inspector 11-09-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9100656)
Teams know the Chiefs are no threat in the Passing Game all they have to do is stop Jamaal.

Yep, that's it right there. Why bother with a pass defense against a team that won't and can't pass for the most part. Pathetic.

WhiteWhale 11-09-2012 08:05 AM

Omaha Omaha! Off-tackle run!

His average might help if our QB didn't call out the play prior to running it. Everyone knows what Omaha is. It's been the same ****ing audible since preseason.

Aspengc8 11-09-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9100621)

I laugh when morons think 'omaha' is a audible.

Dayze 11-09-2012 09:06 AM

I don't think a ton of people think it's an audbile; but it's probably a snap count adjustment; just like "Red", or "Blue"{ etc.. the call 2 snap counts in the huddle; or, just one and that one is the snap. so if Blue is the snap and they come out with a "Red" and a hard snap, everyone knows not to move.

probblem with Cassle (one of thousands) is, the ball is snapped .5 seconds after the 2nd 'Omaha'....EVERY time. I don't get that. Be it with Cassel, or Daboll. Whoever is doing it needs to have their tongue ripped out.

that....is sort of predictable.

AustinHorn 11-09-2012 09:10 AM

I guarantee you if you were to privately corner JC he would tell you if he had one answer to who they need at QB, he would say bring in his old teammate Vince Young. He actually tweeted his disgust a few months ago about how Young has been treated by the media and the NFL. Here is a QB who has won 62% of his games, improved his passing to the point of being 5th in the league his last year in TN, and yet he is effectively blacklisted because Jeff Fisher never wanted him and he is typecast as an athletic QB who can't pass. He proved this notion wrong.

Look what he did for Chris Johnson in TN, and look where CJ has been literally since the day Fisher booted Young from the team.

splatbass 11-09-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

OMAHA OMAHA

Yeah, since someone here about week two pointed out that they run the ball every time the QB uses that I've been paying attention - and they are right. I have not seen one single time when he called "Omaha Omaha" that they passed the ball. He might as well shout "Run up the middle! Run up the middle!".

Dartgod 11-09-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9100854)
Yeah, since someone here about week two pointed out that they run the ball every time the QB uses that I've been paying attention - and they are right. I have not seen one single time when he called "Omaha Omaha" that they passed the ball. He might as well shout "Run up the middle! Run up the middle!".

I have.

Ace Gunner 11-09-2012 09:24 AM

Haley used him as a WR quite a bit and it really helped the offense. Daboll hasn't done that once.

Ace Gunner 11-09-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9100872)
I have.

ya, saw this last week.

Aspengc8 11-09-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9100842)
I don't think a ton of people think it's an audbile; but it's probably a snap count adjustment; just like "Red", or "Blue"{ etc.. the call 2 snap counts in the huddle; or, just one and that one is the snap. so if Blue is the snap and they come out with a "Red" and a hard snap, everyone knows not to move.

probblem with Cassle (one of thousands) is, the ball is snapped .5 seconds after the 2nd 'Omaha'....EVERY time. I don't get that. Be it with Cassel, or Daboll. Whoever is doing it needs to have their tongue ripped out.

that....is sort of predictable.

Pretty much spot on. It usually indicates that the QB/line is done making adjustments (play and/or blocking changes), and 'omaha' indicates these changes are done and we are snapping on next sound or whatever the original count is. All the blocking changes and audibles are done before the omaha call, and the audible is usually given out in the huddle.. usually a check down run like a iso or inside/outside zone.

Cassel is a failure.. he checks to a run when he has posse personell (311) on the field and they have 7 or 8 in the box. He doesn't have confidence in himself to get the ball down field.

Death2CasselFans 11-09-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

FAX

Defenses do not have to worry about play action

Frazod 11-09-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9100872)
I have.

Was it an incompletion or a pick?

Red Beans 11-09-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death2CasselFans (Post 9100942)
Defenses do not have to worry about play action

Which is a recipe for disaster when you run the pall like we do. There is simply not enough play action. Perhaps that all on Casserole and his noodle arm, Dabool and his brilliance, or an awful mishmash of those two turds.

Dartgod 11-09-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9100996)
Was it an incompletion or a pick?

Yes.

listopencil 11-09-2012 10:46 AM

http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/11/...9.17.08_am.png

http://deadspin.com/5959138/?utm_cam...ium=socialflow

listopencil 11-09-2012 10:47 AM

I'll take Python Manning though.

HoneyBadger 11-09-2012 11:05 AM

Who's anal Charles?

MahiMike 11-09-2012 12:14 PM

I named my team after Jamaal. Sadly, he's now riding my bench because we can't throw more than 5 yards down field.

suds79 11-09-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown Kansas City !!! (Post 9100398)
CHARLES: “I think every team knows how to stop me, I think we run a couple plays and they already kind of know what we’re running because we’ve been running for eight weeks now. I think every team does a great job of trying put nine in the box.”

It's not chess it's checkers folks. ;)

Woodchuck 11-09-2012 12:25 PM

If Bowe and the rest of the receivers could get open, teams wouldn't stack the box. The Oakland game was the worst.

It's easy to stop Charles because the receivers SUCK ASS.

saphojunkie 11-09-2012 12:47 PM

I hate this team.

Chief Roundup 11-09-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9101267)
If Bowe and the rest of the receivers could get open, teams wouldn't stack the box. The Oakland game was the worst.

It's easy to stop Charles because the receivers SUCK ASS.

The receivers get open. We don't have anyone that can get the ball to them.

Woodchuck 11-09-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9101351)

No dude, when you go one on one all day with Pat Lee or Eric Wright, you should be able to get open after a couple of yards. Oakland played with safeties in the box all day long.

Sorter 11-09-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Nah, they all suck and are stupid divas. Cut them. Cassel isn't the problem. It is DJ and Bowe /BlackBob

Woodchuck 11-09-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9101366)
Nah, they all suck and are stupid divas. Cut them. Cassel isn't the problem. It is DJ and Bowe /BlackBob

Cassel is a big part of the problem. Was Brady Quinn part of the problem in Tampa when he went against Wright? Brady looked at him first 90% of the time Sorter.

Bowe had 3 catches for 21 yards. We lost 38-10. He didn't even get open in garbage time man!

Nevermind, he won't be here next year anyway so it really isn't worth talking about.

BlackHelicopters 11-09-2012 12:58 PM

Maybe JC should be HC.

Buckweath 11-09-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9101372)
Cassel is a big part of the problem. Was Brady Quinn part of the problem in Tampa when he went against Wright? Brady looked at him first 90% of the time Sorter.

Bowe had 3 catches for 21 yards. We lost 38-10. He didn't even get open in garbage time man!

Nevermind, he won't be here next year anyway so it really isn't worth talking about.

Seriously, if you're going to be so pessimist about this team, you might as well just change team.

Woodchuck 11-09-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9101404)
Seriously, if you're going to be so pessimist about this team, you might as well just change team.

I don't see myself as pessimist at all. I see myself as a realist. Wow, is that a compliment being called a pessimist in these times?

People are hoping the Steelers drop 50 on KC in other threads and I bring up the fact that Bowe is part of the reason teams are stopping Charles and you are pissed?

Bowe is making $600,000 a game. He is part of the problem.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3496/bowemissing.jpg

Chiefnj2 11-09-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Baldwin is useless. Breaston sits on the bench because he was a Haley player. Moeaki has been invisible from the gameplan. Bowe and Dex are the only WRs able to run a route but have been struggling with turnovers.

Mama Hip Rockets 11-09-2012 01:24 PM

Haha holy crap.

Frazod 11-09-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9101328)
I hate this team.

FWIW, it hates you back.

beach tribe 11-09-2012 01:59 PM

PTI seems to think we won't have to worry about it next season.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NwD1-7JcHL0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stanleychief 11-09-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

trying put nine in the box.
I tried putting four in the box once and I got a scolding. I decided to go with the jumbo package instead.

Woodchuck 11-09-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleychief (Post 9101609)
I tried putting four in the box once and I got a scolding. I decided to go with the jumbo package instead.

Try putting one in the tight end.

Two in the pink and one in the stink.

Sorter 11-09-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleychief (Post 9101609)

http://s5.tinypic.com/oh0ty.jpg

stanleychief 11-09-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9101616)
Try putting one in the tight end.

Two in the pink and one in the stink.

Ahh. the shocker!

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kv...ygvqo1_500.jpg

Woodchuck 11-09-2012 02:51 PM

ROFL Damn!

ndws 11-09-2012 02:58 PM

No Kit Kat on your chart????

Baby Lee 11-09-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

OMAHA :Bwana: OMAHA :Bwana:

FYP

Bump 11-09-2012 10:47 PM

could you imagine JC on a team like the Saints or Patriots? my god

GloryDayz 11-09-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9102659)
could you imagine JC on a team like the Saints or Patriots? my god

It's 10:54.... He might be by 11:00 if his agent picks up the phone!