ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Britney goes electro. And it's amazing... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276905)

Bambi 10-01-2013 08:38 PM

Britney goes electro. And it's amazing...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pt8VYOfr8To" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Demonpenz 10-01-2013 08:42 PM

shits going to sell huge. good for her.

kcxiv 10-01-2013 08:43 PM

Yes, yes, yes and yes. I approve of this video in every phase. lol

T-post Tom 10-01-2013 08:45 PM

Is Britney a social drug? Nice beats.

Bambi 10-01-2013 08:47 PM

She looks like she did 10 years ago.

She may be richer than 99% of America but you can't say the girl don't work.

Deberg_1990 10-01-2013 08:48 PM

Ive had hotter....

RealSNR 10-01-2013 08:49 PM

Autotune is the worst thing to ever happen to the music industry.

This song ****ing sucks.

Britney should just do modeling if she wants to look good. Leave music to the professionals.

L.A. Chieffan 10-01-2013 08:50 PM

Not sure about the song but I approve of the message

kcxiv 10-01-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10039444)

This song ****ing sucks.

Britney should just do modeling if she wants to look good. Leave music to the professionals.

yeah, so she can leave millions on the table. Sounds like a plan. also, thats not ****ing autotune either. she may use something for part of the song, but most of it sounds like her. autotune sounds way different.

Bambi 10-01-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

This song ****ing sucks.

I dunno. This song is not bad. It's pop music, we get it... but you can't say there isn't something there.

Ace Gunner 10-01-2013 08:52 PM

madonna rip off artist #674,047

Psyko Tek 10-01-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

This song ****ing sucks.

there hasn't been any decent main stream music for decades just watch the video
and get to work bitch

Ace Gunner 10-01-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 10039456)
there hasn't been any decent main stream music for decades just watch the video
and get to work bitch

this is fresh /1991

Al Bundy 10-01-2013 08:55 PM

Too Fat/Omaha

RealSNR 10-01-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10039450)
yeah, so she can leave millions on the table. Sounds like a plan. also, thats not ****ing autotune either. she may use something for part of the song, but most of it sounds like her. autotune sounds way different.

ALL music uses autotune these days. You can't always tell, but even someone like Michael Buble will get pitch adjustments throughout. Just enough to really make every note just "right."

In Britney's case, there's both autotune and processing effects that sound like shit

RealSNR 10-01-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10039451)
This song is not bad.

I'd like to know what you consider a bad song.

Pop music doesn't have to sound like this. A lot of the stuff that's pop doesn't suck at all.

This does.

listopencil 10-01-2013 09:01 PM

I was not amazed.

kcxiv 10-01-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10039480)
I'd like to know what you consider a bad song.

Pop music doesn't have to sound like this. A lot of the stuff that's pop doesn't suck at all.

This does.

the beat is catchy, but im not a pop fan by any means. i like very very few pop songs, but its going to make her millions and pop fans will eat this song up alive. its a win win for everyone except people that are haters. Them are the ones that can just turn it off. Like there is alot of music people like that i dont, and im sure they dont like what i like (DEFTONES mother****er). IT HAPPENS.

Ace Gunner 10-01-2013 09:09 PM

there are parts of the song where you can't tell autotune is working, but nothing goes without autotune in commercial music these days. as for the unnatural pitching of the voice -- it's autotune.

QuikSsurfer 10-01-2013 09:11 PM

Her stupid vocals have more layers than an onion. Awful voice. I would still rough that ass up though.

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10039475)
ALL music uses autotune these days. You can't always tell, but even someone like Michael Buble will get pitch adjustments throughout. Just enough to really make every note just "right."

In Britney's case, there's both autotune and processing effects that sound like shit

Pitch correction has been around since the 70's. The problem today isn't "fixing" a note or two on an otherwise great performance, it's creating a performance out of thin air with Melodyne or Autotune (Melodyne blows away Autotune, IMO).

QuikSsurfer 10-01-2013 09:12 PM

And I still believe that she ****ed Fred Durst. I remember his praise of her bush.

NewChief 10-01-2013 09:12 PM

Good 4 on the floor bassline, but it doesn't feel particularly current. Feels like two years ago. Things are going to a more minimalist feel, imo. This, to me, is much more representative of what is "cool" in pop right now:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nlcIKh6sBtc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

And it's not going away.

I took a very young artist's song to Disney and Nickelodeon last week. The song was written by this artist and has blown everyone away that's heard it (which is a lot of industry people).

The song was produced as a rock song, with no tuning. Great voice, so why tune?

Well, the reaction was this: "GREAT song, great singer, incredible presence. However, we can't monetize as a rock song, it has to be electronic with tuning".

Tune a child's otherwise perfect vocals. Yeah, great.

:rolleyes:

Quote:

This song ****ing sucks.

While I agree, she knows here audience. This song was produced for Euro night clubs. She'll sell a few million singles on iTunes.

Quote:

Leave music to the professionals.

She actually does. She hires the best songwriters and producers in the biz to create music for her and her audience. She, like Madonna and others before her, have it down to a science.

Ace Gunner 10-01-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10039513)
Pitch correction has been around since the 70's. The problem today isn't "fixing" a note or two on an otherwise great performance, it's creating a performance out of thin air with Melodyne or Autotune (Melodyne blows away Autotune, IMO).

ya, melodyne is a better pitch correction kit and most pro studios use it. of course, you know this.

Tombstone RJ 10-01-2013 09:21 PM

is she looking in the mirror when she sings this crappy song?

ghak99 10-01-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10039515)
Good 4 on the floor bassline, but it doesn't feel particularly current. Feels like two years ago. Things are going to a more minimalist feel, imo. This, to me, is much more representative of what is "cool" in pop right now:

... and it's about ****ing time.

Ace Gunner 10-01-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nlcIKh6sBtc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ya, this is a good example of how pop is becoming more and more about vocals, accented using power stack vocal harmonies with a beat.

"big country" without the guitars. it's happening in hip hop too.

HonestChieffan 10-01-2013 09:28 PM

that sucked. Waste of time

kcxiv 10-01-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

there is nothing catchy about that song. it sounds like some chick singing to people snapping their fingers. Maybe its in, maybe its cool, but you cant do anything with that song. cant head bang cant dance to it, cant work out to it, cant even relax while driving and just chill out. lol i dunno what your supposed with that song.

NewChief 10-01-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10039591)
there is nothing catchy about that song. it sounds like some chick singing to people snapping their fingers. Maybe its in, maybe its cool, but you cant do anything with that song. cant head bang cant dance to it, cant work out to it, cant even relax while driving and just chill out. lol i dunno what your supposed with that song.

You're insane. That song is the shit. I'll post a video of me later dancing to it and show you how it's done. And I bet in a month, that ear worm will be ringing in your head.

tk13 10-01-2013 09:35 PM

I actually have to agree. I don't hate the song but I don't understand why Royals has become such a popular song. Well not that it's popular... but the fact EVERYONE loves it and is raving about it like it's THE song right now.

Frazod 10-01-2013 09:35 PM

She looks great. Sounds great if it's muted and I'm listening to something that doesn't suck ass.

Baby Lee 10-01-2013 09:36 PM

I did chuckle when, as she bleated out the 'better work bitch' refrain, she's standing still and hefting her ENTIRE HAND over her head!!!

GordonGekko 10-01-2013 09:37 PM

Damn, time machine or something.

She looks like she did back in '99.

NewChief 10-01-2013 09:38 PM

I don't see how people can't see the appeal of "Royals." The first time I heard it, I said, "Oh. This is going to replace 'Blurred Lines' as the hot song." Jesus. I really don't see how you can't see the appeal of that song. It's catchy as hell and has a cool vibe.

Bambi 10-01-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10039613)
I did chuckle when, as she bleated out the 'better work bitch' refrain, she's standing still and hefting her ENTIRE HAND over her head!!!

That is going to be THE MOVE this fall club season.

Bambi 10-01-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10039618)
Damn, time machine or something.

She looks like she did back in '99.

I know. It's like they photoshopped the entire video.

Video is great by the way. I like the girls blowing up.

Ceej 10-01-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

That song is awesome.

listopencil 10-01-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nlcIKh6sBtc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

OK. That didn't suck.

Tombstone RJ 10-01-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

yah, this beats the hell out of the Brittney song. Every once in a while New Zealand cranks out some good sounds... if this chick can prove to be more than a one hit wonder that would be nice but we shall see. not really impressed with the lyrics but it's a catchy toon, nice sound.

Ceej 10-01-2013 09:44 PM

Amazing?? LMAO

I couldn't even finish it. Yuck.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-01-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10039450)

You obviously don't know anything about autotune. It has multiple uses: one is pitch correction to make hacks like Katy Perry sound normal; the other is the reverb effect used by the likes of T-Pain. This song utilizes both.

Britney has been autotuned for the past decade.

NewChief 10-01-2013 09:45 PM

This just came up in my facebook feed by a very confused former student who is a drag queen:

Quote:

i may be gay but the new britney spears video made me question my sexuality.....#yes #mama
And that's pretty much the target audience.

SCTrojan 10-01-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10039442)
Ive had hotter....

And she's pretty average compared to the women where I live.

Holladay 10-01-2013 09:47 PM

Lasted 45 sec...sorry. She is old news and she knows it.

Next to the plate is Miley (MOlly) and that crap will go away as well.

cosmo20002 10-01-2013 09:47 PM

This video is much better with the sound off.

The Franchise 10-01-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

I listen to that song whenever it's on the radio.

Tombstone RJ 10-01-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10039644)
This just came up in my facebook feed by a very confused former student who is a drag queen:

And that's pretty much the target audience.

do you teach at UofA?

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10039641)
Britney has been autotuned for the past decade.

Longer than that. Hell, Jennifer Lopez's first single was completely Autotuned but it took the engineer more than 40 hours to get it right.

These days, I can a tune a vocal with Melodyne in less than three seconds.

Baby Lee 10-01-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10039621)
I don't see how people can't see the appeal of "Royals." The first time I heard it, I said, "Oh. This is going to replace 'Blurred Lines' as the hot song." Jesus. I really don't see how you can't see the appeal of that song. It's catchy as hell and has a cool vibe.

I can see digging it and putting it in rotation. Not sure I see being obsessed or it becoming THE song of the day.

It's too slow to make you move, and too simple a melody to mesmerize you. And the message of 'we have our kind of cool that doesn't depend on you squares' is inventively told but isn't the newest message in pop music.

But the harmonies are nice and quite interesting.

Doubt I'd ever change the channel when it came on, but it's not a world beater.

NewChief 10-01-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10039657)
do you teach at UofA?

Heh. I prefer not to advertise my teaching position, but it's not at the college level.

Ceej 10-01-2013 09:50 PM

Hey, let's create a catchy beat to get the audience's attention off of her awful voice.

NewChief 10-01-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10039659)
I can see digging it and putting it in rotation. Not sure I see being obsessed or it becoming THE song of the day.

It's too slow to make you move, and too simple a melody to mesmerize you. And the message of 'we have our kind of cool that doesn't depend on you squares' is inventively told but isn't the newest message in pop music.

But the harmonies are nice and quite interesting.

Doubt I'd ever change the channel when it came on, but it's not a world beater.

I can see tons of bridal parties (or other chick groups) hitting the floor, raising their glasses, and singing along to it, feeling like they're empowered and glorying in "we have our kind of cool that doesn't depend on you squares."

Maybe it needs to be rapier to surpass "Blurred Lines" though.

NewChief 10-01-2013 09:54 PM

Update on former drag queen student. He commented on his own status with
Quote:

**** YES THIS IS THE BEST VIDEO EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tombstone RJ 10-01-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10039664)
Heh. I prefer not to advertise my teaching position, but it's not at the college level.

well good because if you're a kc fan you're not very bright and that probably rubs off on your poor students.

cosmo20002 10-01-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10039665)
Hey, let's create a catchy beat to get the audience's attention off of her awful voice.

Can that really even be considered her voice? At some point, it becomes more machine than (wo)man.

NewChief 10-01-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10039677)
well good because if you're a kc fan your not very bright and that probably rubs off on your poor students.

Yeah. My KC fanhood is a long story...

CoMoChief 10-01-2013 09:56 PM

I just absolutely don't understand how someone can listen to that and enjoy it. Nice beat and it's not necessarily Britney because I understand where's she's trying to go w/ this, but that background music is just horribly irritating, much like most techno music. There's some of it that's actually pretty cool...but that there...just beat into my skull and gave me a god damn headache. good lord.

she looks pretty good though. prob the best since that womanizer video a few years ago.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-01-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10039658)
Longer than that. Hell, Jennifer Lopez's first single was completely Autotuned but it took the engineer more than 40 hours to get it right.

These days, I can a tune a vocal with Melodyne in less than three seconds.

I don't doubt that. There's a demonstrable difference between songs like "Sometimes" and "Toxic", though. The first sounds like a natural singing voice, which is by no means great, but ok-ish, whereas the latter is just "run it through the box."

Ceej 10-01-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10039678)
Can that really even be considered her voice? At some point, it becomes more machine than (wo)man.

Know what I mean, not what I type. Gosh dangit!!

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10039691)
I don't doubt that. There's a demonstrable difference between songs like "Sometimes" and "Toxic", though. The first sounds like a natural singing voice, which is by no means great, but ok-ish, whereas the latter is just "run it through the box."

There are several different methods for tuning, which would be far too boring to explain.

When you have a spare minute, search Melodyne on YouTube. It's absolutely ridiculous what you can do with this software and it's saved my ass a few times, not with vocals, but with tuning bass guitar in a jam (serious deadline).

Ace Gunner 10-01-2013 10:04 PM

I don't mind the autotune processing actually, even when it's used more or less as an effect. this song is written too complex for the genre and there isn't a part that grooves, really. it's old fashioned folk chord structure translated by synths, imo which is worse than all the hipster music out these days.

also of note, this song has no space. the genre requires some space, imo.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-01-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10039701)
There are several different methods for tuning, which would be far too boring to explain.

When you have a spare minute, search Melodyne on YouTube. It's absolutely ridiculous what you can do with this software and it's saved my ass a few times, not with vocals, but with tuning bass guitar in a jam (serious deadline).

I had my students listen to a brief, but very interesting podcast by Time a few years back called "The Deceptive Use of Autotune." Talks about the history and methods of use, which I'm sure you are well aware of. It's excellent for spurring a debate about the nature of authorship/creation and an artistic work.

Simply Red 10-01-2013 10:06 PM

Lords of Acid bitin' ass ninja!

alpha_omega 10-01-2013 10:09 PM

Looking good....sounding bad.

Baby Lee 10-01-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10039677)
well good because if you're a kc fan you're not very bright and that probably rubs off on your poor students.

He's no Chiefs fan. He's a Greenbacker and loving liberal, . . . ie, a decade ago. ;)

Bambi 10-01-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10039718)
Lords of Acid bitin' ass ninja!

Darling come here...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HzCMU7C7m9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sofa King 10-01-2013 10:26 PM

****ing horrible.

tk13 10-01-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10039621)

I just don't think it's nearly as catchy as Blurred Lines. I can't explain it. I wish I liked it more...I feel like it needed to go somewhere else than just a girl singing to a beat for 3 and a half minutes. That's basically what it sounds like. I like how she sings it though. It's not a bad song.

Then again, I can't listen to Blurred Lines without thinking of "Got to Give It Up" by Marvin Gaye. So at least it doesn't do that.

Reaper16 10-01-2013 11:17 PM

RT @casimerkowalski 30 Sep
Lorde is just Taylor Swift for attractive people who INSIST they are ugly.

Bambi 10-01-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10039835)
RT @casimerkowalski 30 Sep
Lorde is just Taylor Swift for attractive people who INSIST they are ugly.

For serious. Lorde is gonna be sippin in that goose and profilin' in that maybach soon if she isn't already.

Plus I hear she's like 4 years older than she claims to be. It's the kitty pryde syndrome. People are so fascinated when these girls do all this at "16"...

Iconic 10-02-2013 12:10 AM

lel this is 2013 old men get with the program

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GxgqpCdOKak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Phobia 10-02-2013 12:12 AM

I didn't hate it. She looks as good now as she ever has. I realize much of that is electronically produced for my viewing pleasure but it was better than 100% of the crap on MTV today.

rtmike 10-02-2013 02:37 AM

Spears' tune was more tolerable than the Lordes video and speaking of this one...GOOD GRAVY, this Lordes chick, WOW!!! Head & shoulders more attractive than Spears imo.

rtmike 10-02-2013 03:04 AM

Skimmed through threads didn't see it.

Anyhoots, now that I've thought about it, neither one of them are real attractive plus they're both too fat. Apparently neither one has been able to drive past a cosmetic surgeon's office without stopping for touch ups'.

I've had better

/CP

mdchiefsfan 10-02-2013 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10039528)
And it's not going away.

I took a very young artist's song to Disney and Nickelodeon last week. The song was written by this artist and has blown everyone away that's heard it (which is a lot of industry people).

The song was produced as a rock song, with no tuning. Great voice, so why tune?

Well, the reaction was this: "GREAT song, great singer, incredible presence. However, we can't monetize as a rock song, it has to be electronic with tuning".

Tune a child's otherwise perfect vocals. Yeah, great.

:rolleyes:

:facepalm:

Earthling 10-02-2013 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10039710)
... it's old fashioned folk chord structure...

I don't see that at all and wonder what you mean by that..?? The vocals are all in the I chord with a small instrumental chord change about 3/4 of the way through. Totally unlike any folk song chord structure that I have ever heard. Just curious...

MahiMike 10-02-2013 05:37 AM

More proof that MTV killed good music.

beach tribe 10-02-2013 05:44 AM

Its ok with the volume down.