ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Co-ordinators' Press Conference (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351048)

Tribal Warfare 11-21-2023 02:34 PM

Co-ordinators' Press Conference

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AB-0SYA1BKs?si=mXITW5qWKL1pIcrU&amp;start=1287" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Time stamped on Nagy

MahomesMagic 11-21-2023 02:59 PM

Matt Nagy on MVS, "There's a lot of things he does well that doesn't show up on the stats sheet."

:hmmm:

Kman34 11-21-2023 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17237334)
Matt Nagy on MVS, "There's a lot of things he does well that doesn't show up on the stats sheet."

I hear this shit all the time from coaches.. We need the things that show up on the stat sheet… That’s is what really matters..

petegz28 11-21-2023 03:05 PM

Quote:

They would be???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old_geezer 11-21-2023 03:07 PM

Quote:

If he does "a lot of things well" then maybe you should be able to tell us about some of them.

Rainbarrel 11-21-2023 03:10 PM

Was an exit strategy discussed. Asking for a ewok

siberian khatru 11-21-2023 03:13 PM

How about doing a few things that DO show up on the stat sheet, like catching TD passes?

AdolfOliverBush 11-21-2023 03:19 PM

Quote:

To be fair, "chugging hobo cock" isn't an official NFL stat.

Red Dawg 11-21-2023 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 17237347)
I hear this shit all the time from coaches.. We need the things that show up on the stat sheet… That’s is what really matters..

No shit. That line is all bs.

Red Dawg 11-21-2023 03:26 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL
Quote:

Originally Posted by old_geezer (Post 17237354)
If he does "a lot of things well" then maybe you should be able to tell us about some of them.

smithandrew051 11-21-2023 03:59 PM

I can’t think of anything less insightful than watching either Mahomes or Chiefs coaches in a press conference.

They pretty much only say the most cliché coach-speaky things imaginable.

I could probably write Andy a script for a game I haven’t watched and get pretty close to what he actually will say:

“Ya know. There’s a lot of things going on out there and we need to get the details right. We’ll get back to work and make sure we get those straightened out. It starts with me and I take the blame for that. We’ll get it right.”

crispystl 11-21-2023 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17237412)
I can’t think of anything less insightful than watching either Mahomes or Chiefs coaches in a press conference.

They pretty much only say the most cliché coach-speaky things imaginable.

I could probably write Andy a script for a game I haven’t watched and get pretty close to what he actually will say:

“Ya know. There’s a lot of things going on out there and we need to get the details right. We’ll get back to work and make sure we get those straightened out. It starts with me and I take the blame for that. We’ll get it right.”

You gotta get a couple "listen"s in there.

TEX 11-21-2023 04:37 PM

Quote:

Really Matt, like what?

Why Not? 11-21-2023 05:45 PM

There are basically two camps when it comes to coach press relations. One is the kind of Parcells/Bellichick throw guys under the bus and call them out philosophy, and one is the "don't say anything that can get back to the player as negative or overly critical". Andy and staff belong to the second camp. You won't really ever hear anything of honest criticism of a player. No opinion on which one is "better", it seems to just be a personality thing.

FloridaMan88 11-21-2023 05:49 PM

Nagy admitted that the ridiculous WR rotation is making it more difficult to refine specific roles and give Rice more targets.

comochiefsfan 11-21-2023 05:51 PM

I, for one, am just shocked that a man who torpedoed the Bears offense into the ground is doing the same here.

Just stunned.

comochiefsfan 11-21-2023 05:53 PM

Watching Nagy during the Super Bowl highlights last year.

He came off as a Mahomes fanboy and his personal hype man, not a coach.

Say what you want about EB, but he wasn’t starstruck by Patrick and didn’t sound like a 10 year old kid meeting him at training camp every time he interacted with him.

Nagy is not a leader of men.

FloridaMan88 11-21-2023 05:56 PM

Chiefs had the same issue when Nagy was previously the OC in 2017 of struggling on offense after the first 15 scripted plays.

Sassy Squatch 11-21-2023 05:57 PM

I don't think we'll ever know the nuances of the Chiefs coaching staff and what they're each responsible for, but whatever Nagy is bringing to the table is worthless. The offense is trending towards abysmally pathetic standards in the second half cumulatively this season and that points to a complete failure to adapt and adjust to the game as it's progressing.

RunKC 11-21-2023 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17237531)
Chiefs had the same issue when Nagy was previously the OC in 2017 of struggling on offense after the first 15 scripted plays.

Remember the Chiefs offense struggling massively with prime Tyreek and Kelce on this team in the first half of 2021 and the 2nd half of the championship game?

Guess who wasn't on staff that year

comochiefsfan 11-21-2023 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17237533)
I don't think we'll ever know the nuances of the Chiefs coaching staff and what they're each responsible for, but whatever Nagy is bringing to the table is worthless. The offense is trending towards abysmally pathetic standards in the second half cumulatively this season and that points to a complete failure to adapt and adjust to the game as it's progressing.

Its almost like we have over 5 seasons of evidence of Nagy being a complete failure at playcalling between here and Chicago.

MahomesMagic 11-21-2023 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17237533)

We will never know for sure X play is a Nagy play and Y play was a Bienemy.

But both guys have run offenses on their own without Reid and one was good and one was terrible.

Many of the garbage Bears offensive plays that led to a bottom of the barrel offense are now showing up this year for the Chiefs.

Sassy Squatch 11-21-2023 06:06 PM

Don't have to argue with me on that one. I think the dude is a completely overrated putz whose success in Chicago was largely due to Fangio and the longer he stayed there the worse it got, culminating in him completely losing the locker room. That story about him ghosting Trubisky I've always found in particular to be a damning indicator of who he truly is as a coach and person but for some reason no one here is willing to accept it at face value because he slurps on Mahomes duck butter and was teammates with Veach in college

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-21-2023 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17237538)
We will never know for sure X play is a Nagy play and Y play was a Bienemy.

But both guys have run offenses on their own without Reid and one was good and one was terrible.

Many of the garbage Bears offensive plays that led to a bottom of the barrel offense are now showing up this year for the Chiefs.

Jesus christ people, If Toney could have caught one pass against the Lions we would have won that game. If MVS would have caught one pass last night we would have won that game. If Mahomes hadn't played with the flu and given Denver 5 turnovers we would have won that game. Let's blame Nagy!

T-post Tom 11-21-2023 06:26 PM

Matt, it’s time to resurrect the porta potty drills.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/...mp-porta-potty

:)

MahomesMagic 11-21-2023 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17237569)
Jesus christ people, If Toney could have caught one pass against the Lions we would have won that game. If MVS would have caught one pass last night we would have won that game. If Mahomes hadn't played with the flu and given Denver 5 turnovers we would have won that game. Let's blame Nagy!

If you want to see who I blame go to the "Our WR's suck thread".

Nagy didn't lose the game last night but he's not helping.

Peter Gibbons 11-21-2023 06:28 PM

Matt Canada and Ken Dorsey have already become available………..

srvy 11-21-2023 06:47 PM

Quote:

Probably his downfield blocking.

Chris Meck 11-21-2023 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl (Post 17237453)
You gotta get a couple "listen"s in there.

If it's Spags, you get "lookit-"

Indian Chief 11-22-2023 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17237569)

They're not mutually exclusive.

TEX 11-22-2023 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons (Post 17237576)
Matt Canada and Ken Dorsey have already become available………..

They both suck, like Nagy.

TEX 11-22-2023 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17237547)
Don't have to argue with me on that one. I think the dude is a completely overrated putz whose success in Chicago was largely due to Fangio and the longer he stayed there the worse it got, culminating in him completely losing the locker room. That story about him ghosting Trubisky I've always found in particular to be a damning indicator of who he truly is as a coach and person but for some reason no one here is willing to accept it at face value because he slurps on Mahomes duck butter and was teammates with Veach in college

You're spot on here. Nagy is a clown.

Rasputin 11-22-2023 03:23 AM

Quote:

All those "hidden yards"

threebag 11-22-2023 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17237535)
Remember the Chiefs offense struggling massively with prime Tyreek and Kelce on this team in the first half of 2021 and the 2nd half of the championship game?

Guess who wasn't on staff that year

Couple of dumbasses pimped their own bullshit hit piece on EB around then.

seamonster 11-22-2023 05:58 AM

Seems obvious that EB was a positional coach and loosing him means players aren't getting drilled as hard on the real offensive coordinator's installs (Reid).

crispystl 11-22-2023 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 17237454)
Really Matt, like what?

At 12 million per year he's a hell of a provider for his family.

dannybcaitlyn 11-22-2023 06:26 AM

Quote:

Let me guess, he’s a high dollar decoy like Dewayne Bowes was with his last years with Andy.

chiefzilla1501 11-22-2023 06:41 AM

Sorry guys, I am not there yet. People wanted to get rid of spags when the defense was rough because he failed everywhere he went including being a complete shit show of a head coach. Arguably the same exact personality as nagy - a players coach. Coaches track record as a HC has nothing to do with how they'll do as a coordinator. Even up to last year people were calling for spags' head. Turns out these guys do better when they don't have bad talent hampering them. who knew?

It's just our mentality to blame the OC when the defense fails and claim Reid took over the clipboard when we succeed. it's been that way all the way back to Doug pederson. It's actually hilarious looking back how much we actually do this - in year 1 we convinced ourselves that pederson was literally doing nothing with playcalling. Everything runs through Andy and no I don't for a second believe Andy has no idea how to coach these guys. Upgrade the talent and let's see what's what

Red Dawg 11-22-2023 06:54 AM

Last year we were 1 in everything. Even Naggy couldn't **** this up that fast and it's not on him anyway. Andy is the OC and HC. It's on him and Veach for the WR room being this bad.

chiefzilla1501 11-22-2023 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17238057)
Last year we were 1 in everything. Even Naggy couldn't **** this up that fast and it's not on him anyway. Andy is the OC and HC. It's on him and Veach for the WR room being this bad.

That is my thought too. And Reid and veach are too damn good to let it fester too long. It'll get addressed this offseason. They put their bets on last year's model carrying over into this year and it just hasn't so far. Ok, we move on. But I'm not ready to lob guys under the bus right now when it's abundantly clear right now that they're working with guys who aren't any good regardless of who's coaching them.