ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why Manning ruled out KC... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257536)

The Bad Guy 03-20-2012 09:29 AM

Why Manning ruled out KC...

Apparently, teams were pre-qualified by Manning prior to any visits. When Condon was contacted by the 12 teams, he told them that the contract Manning was starting at was 5 for 90 and going from there.

Teams either had to say in or out at that point.

From there, Manning narrowed his selections.

I was told this from someone yesterday, and then today on Twitter, a great guy to follow, Andrew Brandt commented on it as well. I was leery about what I was told, but this guy confirmed it.

The Chiefs never got past the pre-qualified stage.

Seattle did, but when Manning narrowed his choices, the roster had no appeal.

Just thought I'd post this since we had a lot of discussions about why the Chiefs never got a face to face.

Dayze 03-20-2012 09:30 AM

interesting.

L.A. Chieffan 03-20-2012 09:30 AM

MATT CASSEL SCARED HIS ASS

Sofa King 03-20-2012 09:31 AM

Cool.

Well hopefully it turns out that we made the right decision. Guess that's all i can hope for.

The Bad Guy 03-20-2012 09:33 AM

So all of Manning's talk like it's for the love of playing QB, the guy didn't necessarily care about best fit, he cared about who was paying the most initially.

I think having Helton and friends around in Denver helped seal the deal.

-King- 03-20-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Seattle did, but when Manning narrowed his choices, the roster had no appeal.
And denvers did?

Personally, I think Manning is not as smart as we have been led to believe.

The Bad Guy 03-20-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8475146)
And denvers did?

This is just my thinking, but if he was interested in Arizona, he wasn't going to be inteersted in another division rival.

Frazod 03-20-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8475135)
Cool.

Well hopefully it turns out that we made the right decision. Guess that's all i can hope for.

Pretty much. That's a lot of money/time for a 36 year old QB with a surgically repaired neck. Let's hope it blows up in their faces.

The Bad Guy 03-20-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8475146)
And denvers did?

I think Manning is a guy who has to also be around people he likes and knows, which is why Denver was the first visit.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2012 09:34 AM

Manning, shockingly enough, chased the money.

For all the talk about how money didn't matter and championships did, in the end it was about the money.

I should've known - it's always about the money.

Hammock Parties 03-20-2012 09:34 AM

Manning's incredibly smart.

He's using the Donks for a fat payday.

Mile High Mania 03-20-2012 09:34 AM

If he is healthy, then why not require top dollar? I don't think it says he isn't focused on winning.

Mile High Mania 03-20-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8475156)

Silly

Fat Elvis 03-20-2012 09:35 AM

5 for 90 and no assurance that Brokeneck can still throw the way he used to? IF he can, 18M/year seems reasonable, if not, that is money pissed in the wind.

siberian khatru 03-20-2012 09:36 AM

How does the pre-qualifying time frame jibe with Clark's public statement about pursuing him?

The Bad Guy 03-20-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8475155)

For all the talk about how money didn't matter and championships did, in the end it was about the money.

Absosoutely. If it wasn't, his agent never would have discussed numbers prior to visits.

Mile High Mania 03-20-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 8475161)
5 for 90 and no assurance that Brokeneck can still throw the way he used to? IF he can, 18M/year seems reasonable, if not, that is money pissed in the wind.

Agreed, but if three sets or more of team doctors liked what they saw, that is ok with me.

Mr. Arrowhead 03-20-2012 09:37 AM

He would have went the SF if he cared about winning a super bowl, and if you say otherwise then you are a idiot.

Hammock Parties 03-20-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8475160)
Silly

I agree, the Donks are very silly.

It's a C+ squad with an A+ QB. So maybe you'll have a couple division titles to show for that 90 million.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8475157)
If he is healthy, then why not require top dollar? I don't think it says he isn't focused on winning.

It says that his focus isn't exclusively winning, and that's what the talking heads were all trying to say.

"Manning just wants to win another championship; money doesn't matter, blah blah blah"

Not true - money very clearly mattered a great deal. Perhaps he also has legitimate championship aspirations as well, but if the first litmus test was contractual and not based on personnel, that makes it pretty clear that the championship aspirations weren't foremost on his list.

I don't fault him for it; it's his life and his livelihood. But in the end, I'm happy to move away from the narrative about how different Manning is than every other athlete. In the end, the money was clearly very important.

Mile High Mania 03-20-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 8475162)
How does the pre-qualifying time frame jibe with Clark's public statement about pursuing him?

Fan focused PR to satisfy the masses?

L.A. Chieffan 03-20-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8475169)
I agree, the Donks are very silly.

It's a C+ squad with an A+ QB. So maybe you'll have a couple division titles to show for that 90 million.

more like a C- squad with a BROKEDICK qb. HAHAHAA KARMA TRAIN COMMING FOR THOS BITCHES

DaFace 03-20-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8475157)

Yeah, I can't blame him for it. I'll be curious to see how the contract is structured in terms of protecting Denver if he DOES go down in the first game or something though.

boogblaster 03-20-2012 09:38 AM

its bout the money .. plus the light-air in dungver will help his throwing .....

Mile High Mania 03-20-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8475170)
It says that his focus isn't exclusively winning, and that's what the talking heads were all trying to say.

"Manning just wants to win another championship; money doesn't matter, blah blah blah"

Not true - money very clearly mattered a great deal. Perhaps he also has legitimate championship aspirations as well, but if the first litmus test was contractual and not based on personnel, that makes it pretty clear that the championship aspirations weren't foremost on his list.

I don't fault him for it; it's his life and his livelihood. But in the end, I'm happy to move away from the narrative about how different Manning is than every other athlete. In the end, the money was clearly very important.

Right and it was the media saying that stuff, did Manning say its all about winning and not the money?

The Bad Guy 03-20-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

My source says Clark was told prior to that interview about the financial perameters, but it was more hopeful/wishing thinking/public excitement aspect that lead to that quote.

The Chiefs never really had a shot after their initial call to Condon. They knew that, but they also hoped he would at least visit so they could win them over.

Again, this is all passed down info, so don't take it as gospel, but it makes a ton of sense.

Mile High Mania 03-20-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8475175)
Yeah, I can't blame him for it. I'll be curious to see how the contract is structured in terms of protecting Denver if he DOES go down in the first game or something though.

Same here and we should know soon.

L.A. Chieffan 03-20-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8475178)
Right and it was the media saying that stuff, did Manning say its all about winning and not the money?

whenever its just about the money it usually turns out for the best

OnTheWarpath15 03-20-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8475156)

Just read your exchange with Barry on FB.

Holy Christ, that guy is ****ing reeruned.

wazu 03-20-2012 09:40 AM

All that matters is the guaranteed money, which we don't know yet. If the Chiefs really balked at 5 for 90 without some other crazy guaranteed stipulation, then they are stupid.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8475178)

Manning said nothing. Like I said, I'm not castigating Manning here.

But I'm also not interested in seeing anyone, media and especially Broncos fans, start casting halos for the guy. He went to Denver because the price was right.

It doesn't make him a bad guy - it simply makes him very ordinary.

Sofa King 03-20-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8475188)

You should watch him and Pestilence go at it.

Absolutely hilarious.

boogblaster 03-20-2012 09:40 AM

and yea if he was wanting a SB he should of went to SF .. hell they should of been SB champs .....

The Franchise 03-20-2012 09:41 AM

Jim Trotter ‏ @SI_JimTrotter
$19 million a year is a lot to pay a QB for finishing second or third in the division. #broncos

L.A. Chieffan 03-20-2012 09:42 AM

I already called it, this move cements the division for the chiefs

Sofa King 03-20-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8475198)
Jim Trotter ‏ @SI_JimTrotter
$19 million a year is a lot to pay a QB for finishing second or third in the division. #broncos

WELL WHO'S GONNA FINISH FIRST?

The Franchise 03-20-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

That guy is everything I hate about true fans. He's a ****ing dipshit who thinks that his opinion is the only one that matters. Plus he looks like an addict with tourettes.

Extra Point 03-20-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Clark lined up to play chicken, is all. If he fell to the Chiefs, they'd make a nominal effort.

Manning has two game-time blind side hits left in him. I'm sure we'll get one of them in.

Mile High Mania 03-20-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8475192)
Manning said nothing. Like I said, I'm not castigating Manning here.

But I'm also not interested in seeing anyone, media and especially Broncos fans, start casting halos for the guy. He went to Denver because the price was right.

It doesn't make him a bad guy - it simply makes him very ordinary.

Agreed, he wasn't going somewhere cheap. And who knows if Harbaugh was willing to bend much on the play calling. I still say he never wanted to be in the NFC. The AFCW provides the best path to the playoffs and the AFCis not as top heavy with power teams, plus the allure of Manning vs Manning in a SB is appealing to him.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2012 09:43 AM

Brandt says it's $18 million in year 1, with an injury waiver built in for 2013; more details to come.

Hammock Parties 03-20-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

IF YOU'RE NOT WITH US

YOU'RE AGAINST US

OnTheWarpath15 03-20-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8475193)
You should watch him and Pestilence go at it.

Absolutely hilarious.

Clay absolutely owned him. Then again, that's not terribly difficult.

Shame is, people like Barry make up the vast majority of the fanbase - idiots.

Quesadilla Joe 03-20-2012 09:44 AM

That is the price you pay for greatness. The best free agent to hit the market in NFL history isn't gonna come cheap. I believe the Chiefs were serious about landing Manning and he just didn't feel comfortable with the people working for the Chiefs.

The Franchise 03-20-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8475208)
Clay absolutely owned him. Then again, that's not terribly difficult.

Shame is, people like Barry make up the vast majority of the fanbase - idiots.

Where was this ownage on FB? I always like starting off my mornings by watching a moron get beat down.

wazu 03-20-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8475199)
I already called it, this move cements the division for the chiefs

The Chiefs have the 4th best QB in a division of 4 teams. The surrounding cast will keep them in the hunt late into the year. If the stars all align they might win the division. They won't win a playoff game.

listopencil 03-20-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8475170)

If it wasn't about the money he would have done what John Elway did to get a title. Take a substantial loss in pay so a Super Bowl team could be built around him. The 9ers would have been perfect for that, and they did contact him, so...not that hard to figure out really.

DaKCMan AP 03-20-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8475215)
The best free agent to hit the market in NFL history isn't gonna come cheap.

Why are you bringing up Reggie White and Deion Sanders?

Sofa King 03-20-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8475216)
Where was this ownage on FB? I always like starting off my mornings by watching a moron get beat down.

I looked for it too and couldn't find it. I'm very interested in it though.

Hammock Parties 03-20-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

UNCENSORED

Codered 03-20-2012 09:48 AM

He did what 98% of every player does. Follow a big pay check ... However, there were quite a few teams willing to pay the opening 90 MIL bid.

So Denver had to have something else besides money that was attracting.

Omaha 03-20-2012 09:48 AM

Yeah, he didn't want to come to KC & be a backup.

The Franchise 03-20-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8475226)
I looked for it too and couldn't find it. I'm very interested in it though.

It's in the Uncensored page. Barry started a topic about how Condon disrespected Pioli......the exchange is towards the end.

Barry is a ****ing reerun....plain and simple.

Mile High Mania 03-20-2012 09:51 AM

Sounds like 18m in year 1 and 58m in first three, possibly injury waiver or something like that.

The Bad Guy 03-20-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

That is the price you pay for greatness. The best free agent to hit the market in NFL history isn't gonna come cheap. I believe the Chiefs were serious about landing Manning and he just didn't feel comfortable with the people working for the Chiefs.

I believe you have the mental capacity of a 5 year old.

Quesadilla Joe 03-20-2012 09:52 AM

18-20 million per year is the going rate for franchise QB's. Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Eli all make that much. Manning definitely could have gotten more, guys like Peyton NEVER hit the open market, if it was about the money Peyton would have allowed a bidding war.

The Franchise 03-20-2012 09:52 AM

I'm supposed to take this guy seriously?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YfTGK1qVbIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Bad Guy 03-20-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8475243)
Sounds like 18m in year 1 and 58m in first three, possibly injury waiver or something like that.

Yeah, that's absurd for a guy coming off massive surgery and sitting out a year.

Spin in it however you want.

Mr. Arrowhead 03-20-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8475246)
18-20 million per year is the going rate for franchise QB's. Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Eli all make that much. Manning definitely could have gotten more, guys like Peyton NEVER hit the open market, if it was about the money Peyton would have allowed a bidding war.

none those guys have had 4 neck surgeries and none them are 36 years old

DaKCMan AP 03-20-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

There have been better free agents than Peyton Manning.

Skyy God 03-20-2012 09:54 AM

Admittedly, QB rating is an imprecise measure. But, with the exception of 2009, Manning's has gone down every year since 2004.

He's on the downside of his career, and loss of velocity from his neck herniation can only accelerate it.

Mr. Kotter 03-20-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8475155)

Surprising, to me....but that appears to be the case. Guess he'd fooled us about his motives.

The Franchise 03-20-2012 09:54 AM

Really?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MKbP6wupgaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Bad Guy 03-20-2012 09:54 AM

Peyton Manning was not getting more from any team than he did the Denver Broncos. Get freaking real.

OnTheWarpath15 03-20-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Sorry to hijack, Frank, but this is comedy mother****ing GOLD.

BARRY: I'm just going to say this before the "Big News" hit's all the wires... Tom Condon is a Sellout. He is a Traitor. It Embarrasses me that this man is tied to Kansas City. He has insulted Kansas City to the CORE by brokering this deal with Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos. Mr. Hunt needs to schedule a press conference JUST to explain to the fans what the plan is going to be moving forward. Because Peyton Manning has OWNED Kansas City his entire career, and it COMES TO A STOP RIGHT NOW.

Clay: That's just silly, Barry. Tom Condon doesn't work for the Chiefs. It's not his responsibility to make them a better team. He's been cutting deals for other players with AFC West teams for years so I don't know why you'd suddenly get all mad over this one. Ridiculous.

BARRY: Tom Condon showed absolutely no respect for Scott Pioli. ZERO. There was an agenda from the start, and Pioli was borderline insulted by COndons people. I have my reasons, and what is REALLY ridiculous, is that you haven't hung on your cross yet for all your trash talk of Scott Pioli. Nobody has held you accountable for all the "Silly" little art you have published. Now that is silliy.

BARRY: Another thing that I find ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS, is this notion that , and SOME of us have that Quinn is going to beat out Matt Cassel. I find it it shocking, and an absolute RIOT. Sure, Quinn was brought in to push Cassel, that much is clear. But some of you ACTUALLY think Cassel is not the starter. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS,... Cassel starts OPENING DAY. And Clay will complain, and continue his display of how big of a fan he really is............................

Clay: Manning didn't want to go to KC. This had nothing to do with respect. You're mad at Condon, but should be angry at Pioli for creating an environment Manning didn't want any part of.

Condon can't help it if his client doesn't want to play for the Chiefs. Your anger is misdirected.

As for my cross, nail me up if Pioli ever wins a playoff game in KC. Right now I feel pretty safe, because Manning is going to take dinosaur-sized dumps on Matt Cassel this year.

Clay: Of course Cassel is the starter. Quinn sucks. They'd never bring in someone who had a shot of beating him.

BARRY: I am not angry at Pioli, because Pioli doesn't make stupid business decisions. Manning will do NO SUCH THING, and you clearly will never see my point. This has nothing to do with Manning. Condon, and his people treated Scott Pioli with minimal to zero respect. We were first to the race, and put on hold for Denver. This goes MUCH deeper Clay, and you dont shit. You really dont have a ****ing clue what really happened.

Clay: Please tell me, then. You need to explain your opinion, because just saying this stuff doesn't make sense without an explanation.

BARRY: I did explain it.

BARRY: READ.

Clay: I don't see an explanation anywhere. How did Condon insult Pioli. Manning was never interested in Kansas City. Condon was just doing what his client wanted.

BARRY: Tom Condon and Scott Pioli have a professional relationship at best. This is public knowledge. Remember at the beginning of this stupid nonsense? When I said I didn;t think Pioli could pull a deal like this off? That he might not have "the moxy"? Exactly- Pioli never had a chance with Condon, or his people. They had an agenda. They followed it. Manning is guilty, and Condon is guilty. END of STORY.

BARRY: I dont even know why I am wasting my time explaining myself anyway. You are going to continue talking shit about him anyway. What's the point.

Clay: I still don't see an explanation, Barry. What did Condon do?

BARRY: Nevermind dude.

Clay: No, don't just disappear. I want to know what happened. Apparently you have insider knowledge?

BARRY: We all know what happened. SOME of us just choose to interpret it properly.

Clay: So you don't know anymore than the rest of us. You just want to blame Tom Condon for Peyton Manning not wanting to play for the Chiefs.

BARRY: Scott Pioli - WINNER. And when we win that PLAYOFF game this year? With Matt Cassel? I will be here. READY to pounce............

BARRY:I will never apologize for choosing NOT TO TALK SHiT about my players. NEVER. You ****ing hear me?

Clay: You talked shit about LJ.

BARRY: I choose not to talk shit about my team. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Some of us JUST ****ing DONT DO IT. YOU however, just cant stop talking shit about the CHIEFS..... You cant, you wont, and you will continue.... And LJ deserved what I said, and we all ****ing know it.

Clay: Now you know how I feel about Cassel. He deserves this for being paid like a Pro Bowler, and playing like a chump and wasting the careers of good players.

Clay: This came down to money, Barry. From a reliable source:

Apparently, teams were pre-qualified by Manning prior to any visits. When Condon was contacted by the 12 teams, he told them that the contract Manning was starting at was 5 for 90 and going from there.

Teams either had to say in or out at that point.

From there, Manning narrowed his selections.

The Chiefs never got past the pre-qualified stage.

*CRICKETS*

DaFace 03-20-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Well, kind of. They're all close to that, but $18m will make Manning (again) the highest paid QB in the NFL, though part of that is just salary cap manipulation.

DaKCMan AP 03-20-2012 09:57 AM

Who is BARRY and WHY does he NEED to capitalize so MANY words while typing out STUPID thoughts?

chiefforlife 03-20-2012 09:57 AM

No doubt money was a factor but I believe if it was ALL about money he would have been a Titan. I believe they would have beat any offer if given the chance.
If it was ALL about winning, he would have been a 49er. No need to explain this one.

I think he felt Denver was a good fit, a mix of money and a very good chance to win given the division.

I think he made a bad choice, now lets GET "EM!! GO CHIEFS!!!

007 03-20-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

It doesn't. All he said is that they wanted to talk to him. Now they get to say they tried.

rockymtnchief 03-20-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

That is the price you pay for greatness...

At age 26, yes. At age 36, no.

I can tell you from experience, that once you hit age 35 in contact sports, injuries go from singular to plural pretty fast and the healing time is much longer.

A 3 year contract would've been pretty generous coming off a neck injury.

Hammock Parties 03-20-2012 09:58 AM

LMAO

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-20-2012 09:59 AM

Jay Glazer‏@JayGlazerReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

RT @adbrandt: Peyton will make $18M in 2012 without injury protection to Bronc. Passing Mar 2013 physical will activate $40M gtee w/a waiver

DaKCMan AP 03-20-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 8475268)
No doubt money was a factor but I believe if it was ALL about money he would have been a Titan. I believe they would have beat any offer if given the chance.
If it was ALL about winning, he would have been a 49er. No need to explain this one.

I think he felt Denver was a good fit, a mix of money and a very good chance to win given the division.

I think he made a bad choice, now lets GET "EM!! GO CHIEFS!!!

I disagree. The Titans have better pieces in place than Denver.

DaKCMan AP 03-20-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8475275)
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

RT @adbrandt: Peyton will make $18M in 2012 without injury protection to Bronc. Passing Mar 2013 physical will activate $40M gtee w/a waiver

Holy crap! :eek:

GoHuge 03-20-2012 10:00 AM

A friend of mine and a really good friend of Peyton's that plays for the Colts said two days after his release that there was "no way Peyton would ever come here." Not any info that sheds more light on the topic, but I took him at his word and wrote the the deal off right then. Peyton showed no interest in coming here by all accounts. Don't know that we'll ever really know why.

listopencil 03-20-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codered (Post 8475232)
He did what 98% of every player does. Follow a big pay check ... However, there were quite a few teams willing to pay the opening 90 MIL bid.

So Denver had to have something else besides money that was attracting.

There were a few things mentioned, all rumor at this point:

1) Him and Elway hit it off. Manning liked the idea of having a guy he could relate to in the Front Office.

2) Fox is not a big ego kind of Head Coach. He will absolutely do whatever he thinks he needs to do to make the team work. Like build an option Offense to make use of Tebow. Whatever it takes to get wins. Fox recognizes what made Manning successful in Indy and will do the same thing in Denver.

3) Xanders is extremely low key. As a GM he is more of a scout/cap/trade kind of guy. A numbers guy. He is passionate but shies away from the limelight.

4) Bowlen has stepped away from this team. Health issues and age have taken their toll on him and he really isn't up to being involved on a day to day basis.

5) Joe Ellis has been the shadow master of the Broncos for decades. His hand is in everything, he's the most powerful Bronco executive that no one has heard of.

So anyone in the organization that he would perceive as his boss appreciates his talent and will give him a free hand to do what he wants to do. They are all competent and low key. They will let Manning be The Man. Of course this isn't The Reason he signed, but it might have something to do with why he picked them among teams that would pay the check.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-20-2012 10:02 AM

I would have taken Manning for the next 5 years. At 41 with a broken neck paralyzed from the waist down he's still better than Cassel.

DaFace 03-20-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Retweet

Favorite
· Open

Well, the Broncos are certainly "all in" with this. If it works, they'll be brilliant. If it doesn't, we'll have a lot to laugh about around here.

Codered 03-20-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8475277)
I disagree. The Titans have better pieces in place than Denver.

I agree with you. Apparently, Peyton Manning didn't. I'd have preferred he wasn't in the AFC West. The Broncos are a much easier team to beat with Tebow running the offense.

OnTheWarpath15 03-20-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8475255)
Really?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MKbP6wupgaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dude makes Kige Ramsey look like a goddamn football savant.

ToxSocks 03-20-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Retweet

Favorite
· Open

Ouch.

And that's why Peyton will never have great teams around him. He's bought into his hype. He thinks he can win it all by himself as long as he can be surrounded by marginal talent.