ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Assuming Flacco is Franchise Tagged... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268833)

BigMeatballDave 01-13-2013 07:05 AM

Assuming Flacco is Franchise Tagged...

Would you give this years, and next years 1st rd picks for him?

:)

mdchiefsfan 01-13-2013 07:11 AM

Nope. He is very inconsistent. If the Ravens are willing to trade him, they know he won't be able to take anyone to the Super Bowl.

mlyonsd 01-13-2013 07:15 AM

Can't tell if serious...

Otter 01-13-2013 07:24 AM

Dave,

I want to punch you in the dick with spiked brass knuckles.

Have you ever thought for a moment why he plays like he does? For the team that drafted him? Environment? Teammates? City? Knowing who the hot cheerleader is half time? Being drafted by a team instead of a consultant?

Just let me punch you in the dick and get it over with.

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 07:44 AM

If you're going to trade your 1st rd for a QB (or isn't it 2 1st round picks for a franchised player?), it better be someone who's at least a top 7 guy, and it should only be in a position where it would get your team over the hump and into serious SB consideration.

P.Manning
E.Manning
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Rivers
Newton
Luck
RGIII
Ryan
Roethlisberger
Kaepernick
Wilson
Dalton

All IMO should be ranked higher than Flacco

Rasputin 01-13-2013 07:50 AM

****ing dumb. Draft and grow our own QBotf for a change JHTITS.

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 07:53 AM

Triz and Tuckdaddy are either joking....or they're fools

Otter 01-13-2013 07:56 AM

For the record Dave, I don't want to punch you in the dick. I just find your awe in others stupid instead of having others awe.

Case in point: we had Joe Montana as a QB and DIDN'T EVEN TRY to have someone learn under him.

Show me ****ing state. Sorry, I'm about sold out.

Chief Roundup 01-13-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9312679)
If you're going to trade your 1st rd for a QB (or isn't it 2 1st round picks for a franchised player?), it better be someone who's at least a top 7 guy, and it should only be in a position where it would get your team over the hump and into serious SB consideration.

P.Manning
E.Manning
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Rivers
Newton
Luck
RGIII
Ryan
Roethlisberger
Kaepernick
Wilson
Dalton

I don't want to trade our pick for Flacco but Flacco is better than Rivers, Newton, Kaepernick, Wilson and Dalton. IMO

BigRedChief 01-13-2013 08:27 AM

I hope your not serious. You are playing or trolling the Planet.

Bwana 01-13-2013 08:32 AM

Ummm, no.

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9312700)
I don't want to trade our pick for Flacco but Flacco is better than Rivers, Newton, Kaepernick, Wilson and Dalton. IMO

No he's not. Rivers had a down season, but he has a history of playing very well at times...a few seasons ago he was a top 5-6 guy.

Rasputin 01-13-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9312712)
No he's not. Rivers had a down season, but he has a history of playing very well at times...a few seasons ago he was a top 5-6 guy.

Rivers is a ****ing joke and chokes.

TheGuardian 01-13-2013 08:47 AM

Every year some dude wins a playoff game and this board starts talking about trading for him. It's ****ing stupid.

Red Beans 01-13-2013 08:49 AM

I think he's reached his ceiling. And even if I'm wrong about that, I want someone of our own.

okoye35chiefs 01-13-2013 08:49 AM

I would trade for him but not those picks listed...

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-13-2013 08:51 AM

[_]Did Flacco finally get it?
[X]Denver D overrated

Mr. Flopnuts 01-13-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

P.Manning
E.Manning
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Rivers
Newton
Luck
RGIII
Ryan
Roethlisberger
Kaepernick
Wilson
Dalton

Oh, CoMo...

MichaelH 01-13-2013 08:53 AM

Not just no but hell no. He had his best game ever last night. He makes bad decisions and certainly isn't worth a first round pick.

SCTrojan 01-13-2013 08:55 AM

For McCluster straight up? Absolutely.

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9312717)
Rivers is a ****ing joke and chokes.

I'm not disagreeing with the choking part...at times he's had a history of doing that.....but he's a top 10 QB in this league. Kinda stupid to think otherwise.

ChiefMojo 01-13-2013 08:56 AM

No

Flacco is a decent QB with a big arm but he is very inconsistent. One drive he looks great and then the next drive he looks like Matt F**king Cassel!

I'd much rather get our own QB with the #1 pick. If we had to trade for a QB, I wish it were Kapernick and only him if we were looking for a starter.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-13-2013 08:57 AM

Flacco should've won the AFCCG for his team last year. Evans dropped the ball in the endzone. The kid is clutch, and has a great arm. He's a top 5 QB in the league.

Rasputin 01-13-2013 08:57 AM

He doesn't even fit the Andy Reid passing attack he is looking for.

Get our own QB from the draft with our top pick. Geno Smith, he has the arm to throw 40+ a game that is what we will be doing.

TheGuardian 01-13-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9312732)
I'm not disagreeing with the choking part...at times he's had a history of doing that.....but he's a top 10 QB in this league. Kinda stupid to think otherwise.

Rivers is not top 10 anymore. When he was surrounded with top tier talent he looked pretty good. Since then he's gotten exposed.

Chief Roundup 01-13-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9312712)

You mean back when he had LT, Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates and thier Oline was a good unit and the defense with Merriman and crew was good. Yeah that team was good while Rivers was still a crybaby throwing fits and shit. Now as the team started to lose and continued to lose that talent Rivers has continually declined. All while losing his composure and alienating the rest of his teammates.

milkman 01-13-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

P.Manning-greatest choker ever. do not want
E.Manning-the polar opposite of Peyton, but 32 years old now. I want to build around a young QB that can give a decade plus.
Brady-age again the issue
Brees-see Brady and Eli
Rodgers-Not as old, but getting there, might just pull the trigger
Rivers-Oh hell no.
Newton-too immature and selfish, not a leader
Luck-this is one
RGIII-might be too fragile, short career. too much risk
Ryan-not sold
Roethlisberger-see Brady and Eli
Kaepernick-still a work in progress, too early to make that call.
Wilson-see kapernick
Dalton-seriuosly, are you high? nevermind, you're just a dumbass

Just my thoughts.

BlackHelicopters 01-13-2013 09:34 AM

Let's try draft and develop. A novel approach.

MichaelH 01-13-2013 09:56 AM

Maybe it's been posted elsewhere but what about Alex Smith?

milkman 01-13-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelH (Post 9312835)
Maybe it's been posted elsewhere but what about Alex Smith?

What about Alex Smith?

I wouldn't trade you a bowl of Top Ramen with crackers for that guy.

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9312737)
Flacco should've won the AFCCG for his team last year. Evans dropped the ball in the endzone. The kid is clutch, and has a great arm. He's a top 5 QB in the league.

:eek:

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9312742)
Rivers is not top 10 anymore. When he was surrounded with top tier talent he looked pretty good. Since then he's gotten exposed.

What top QB's aren't surrounded w/ top talent other than maybe P.Manning ?

BigMeatballDave 01-13-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 9312660)
Dave,

I want to punch you in the dick with spiked brass knuckles.

Have you ever thought for a moment why he plays like he does? For the team that drafted him? Environment? Teammates? City? Knowing who the hot cheerleader is half time? Being drafted by a team instead of a consultant?

Just let me punch you in the dick and get it over with.

LMAO

DJ's left nut 01-13-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9312700)

But not better than Cutler.

There's a massive blind spot for that guy among Chiefs fans.

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9312795)
Just my thoughts.

Keep in mind, these arent necessarily all the players I'd give up a 1st overall pick for....I'm just naming the QB's I'd rather have over Flacco.

Ace Gunner 01-13-2013 10:19 AM

Ya, I don't get it, Dave. Flacco isn't leaving the Ravens. Why beat yourself over it.

mcaj22 01-13-2013 10:22 AM

all the crap you give me Dave and you make this shitpile of a thread

Mosbonian 01-13-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9312795)
Just my thoughts.

I hate it when I agree with you....but a couple of other thoughts.

I wouldn't mind a Brady or Rodgers if we also had a "QB-in-waiting" that could be tutored. But with the climate of the league it is almost impossible to groom a QB because none of them want to hold a clipboard and apprentice before taking the field.

And I guess I'm a bit of a throwback.....I think the franchise QB is the guy who is more of a mobile pocket QB whose first thought isn't to run. Luck is the closest to that for the new crop of QB's so I see him lasting longer than RGIII, Kaepernick, Newton, et al. I think it has been proven that the running QB's have a shorter shelf life and with the $$'s that teams have to pay these days it just doesn't seem worth it.

And to me, there isn't really a clear cut choice to spend a #1 choice on a QB this year. I know everyone is in love with Geno but I'm not sold on him, he just seemed too inconsistent.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-13-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9312869)
:eek:

Abso****inglutely. It's not to say that Luck and RGIII won't beat him out at some point, but it takes more than 1 year to do that. Period. The Manning's, Brady, and Rodgers are the only ones in the league who are really head and shoulders ahead of him. He is ****ing CLUTCH when it counts in the playoffs. Blame the DB, blame whomever, he made the throw. It got there. This time his guy caught it. He made a couple of over throws in that game, but no QB is going to hit them all from 45 yards away. He made enough to beat the 1 seed, and advance to the AFCCG. Again.

Chief Roundup 01-13-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9312878)
But not better than Cutler.

There's a massive blind spot for that guy among Chiefs fans.

I was merely responding to his list. I hate Cutler that dude is one of the worst. He has a cannon for an arm and a marble for a brain.

BigMeatballDave 01-13-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9312892)
all the crap you give me Dave and you make this shitpile of a thread

I voted no, dumbass.

This thread was inspired by the other Flacco thread.

BigMeatballDave 01-13-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9312885)
Ya, I don't get it, Dave. Flacco isn't leaving the Ravens. Why beat yourself over it.

:spock:

milkman 01-13-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9312894)
I hate it when I agree with you....but a couple of other thoughts.

I wouldn't mind a Brady or Rodgers if we also had a "QB-in-waiting" that could be tutored. But with the climate of the league it is almost impossible to groom a QB because none of them want to hold a clipboard and apprentice before taking the field.

And I guess I'm a bit of a throwback.....I think the franchise QB is the guy who is more of a mobile pocket QB whose first thought isn't to run. Luck is the closest to that for the new crop of QB's so I see him lasting longer than RGIII, Kaepernick, Newton, et al. I think it has been proven that the running QB's have a shorter shelf life and with the $$'s that teams have to pay these days it just doesn't seem worth it.

And to me, there isn't really a clear cut choice to spend a #1 choice on a QB this year. I know everyone is in love with Geno but I'm not sold on him, he just seemed to inconsistent.

I think that 9ers and Seahawks are taking advantage of Kaepernick's and Wilson's athletic ability now, while they develop them as pocket passers, and that over the next 2 years or so, we'll see them use that running ability less as they advance as passers.

I think these guys (Harbaugh and Carroll) are too smart to continue to jeopardize their investments over the long haul.

BigBeauford 01-13-2013 10:34 AM

I remember when we traded for a quarterback who got the franchise tag placed on him...

BigMeatballDave 01-13-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9312718)
Every year some dude wins a playoff game and this board starts talking about trading for him. It's ****ing stupid.

LMAO

I VOTED NO, DIP SHIT!

I've been on the Geno bandwagon since Sept.

I wanted to see how many True Fans I could draw out.

Ace Gunner 01-13-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9312914)
I voted no, dumbass.

This thread was inspired by the other Flacco thread.

:spock: JFC chiefs fans are so damn effected by QB's of other teams

Mosbonian 01-13-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9312922)
I think that 9ers and Seahawks are taking advantage of Kaepernick's and Wilson's athletic ability now, while they develop them as pocket passers, and that over the next 2 years or so, we'll see them use that running ability less as they advance as passers.

I think these guys (Harbaugh and Carroll) are too smart to continue to jeopardize their investments over the long haul.

If that is what they do, then I agree. But for some reason I think it is in the DNA of guys like Kaepernick and Wilson to think run instead of a dump-off pass or throwing it out of bounds.

If either of these QB's has a chance it's probably Kaepernick because Harbaugh understands the QB mentality and can probably guide him better. I don't think Carroll has that mentality and his desire to win will take over common sense.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 10:57 AM

He won't be tagged.

He'll get at least 85 million.

Prison Bitch 01-13-2013 11:06 AM

'Teams need to DRAFT our own guy! Mercenaries never win squat!" - Drew Brees

notorious 01-13-2013 11:08 AM

He turned me into a believer last night. Wow.

milkman 01-13-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9313029)
'Teams need to DRAFT our own guy! Mercenaries never win squat!" - Drew Brees

Clearly there are other avenues to acquire your QB.

That is not even a debate.

However, the best way to acquire a franchise QB is to draft him, and the best chance of finding that guy is in the first round.

Someone remind me?

60% of SBs have been won by QBs selected in the first round.

Prison Bitch 01-13-2013 11:13 AM

The best players at every spot were first rounders. RB, DE, CB, safety, etc.....what's your point here?

I'd love to take 2nd rounders Kapernick or Drew Brees off those teams hands any day, if they'd let me.

ROYC75 01-13-2013 12:03 PM

W O W :shake:

Not sure was is worst, the OP or the flipping idiots that voted yes ..........

Stupid knows no boundaries.

hometeam 01-13-2013 12:05 PM

Hell no. Get out of here with this shit

milkman 01-13-2013 12:06 PM

Actually, since this question doesn't specify our first pick, yes I would absolutely trade for Flacco, for the right price.

Then I use my #1 overall to draft Geno.

DTLB58 01-13-2013 12:07 PM

No, he is gonna get his deal now.

Chief Roundup 01-13-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9313216)
Actually, since this question doesn't specify our first pick, yes I would absolutely trade for Flacco, for the right price.

Then I use my #1 overall to draft Geno.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9312646)
Would you give this years, and next years 1st rd picks for him?

:)

You trading back into the first then?

007 01-13-2013 12:12 PM

On a franchise tender? No ****ing way.

milkman 01-13-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9313229)
You trading back into the first then?

Sorry.

I'm a dumbass.

Read the poll question, and failed to read the question in the OP.

Rasputin 01-13-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9312732)

It's stupid dumb and reeruned to think that Rivers would be worth a damn to take us to a Super Bowl. He ****ing sucks under pressure. HE ****ING SUCKS.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-13-2013 12:53 PM

http://gamentrain.com/blog/wp-conten...cry-3-vaas.jpg

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

DJ's left nut 01-13-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9313011)
He won't be tagged.

And oddly enough, had he not connected on a glorified Hail Mary because of a safety taking a shitty angle, there'd have been cries in Baltimore to let him go.

Flacco is still one of the better deep throwers in the league and definitely a guy the Ravens need to (and will) extend.

Rausch 01-13-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9313242)
Sorry.

I'm a dumbass.

You've had a bad week...

Hootie 01-13-2013 01:23 PM

I guess I just don't understand how the guy can look so terrible sometimes and then play so well in the postseason. Great QB's look good in the regular season, too. It confuses me.

DJ's left nut 01-13-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9313641)
I guess I just don't understand how the guy can look so terrible sometimes and then play so well in the postseason. Great QB's look good in the regular season, too. It confuses me.

It's nowhere near as confusing as Mark Sanchez.

Hootie 01-13-2013 01:27 PM

well Sanchez is just terrible

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9313609)
And oddly enough, had he not connected on a glorified Hail Mary because of a safety taking a shitty angle, there'd have been cries in Baltimore to let him go.

Flacco is still one of the better deep throwers in the league and definitely a guy the Ravens need to (and will) extend.

And if Baltimore's special teams hadn't shit themselves, he would have won going away.

He's very underrated, IMO.

AussieChiefsFan 01-13-2013 01:37 PM

Naw

Rausch 01-13-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9313641)

The whole idea of a great player is that he'd step up when needed...

ToxSocks 01-13-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9313011)
He won't be tagged.

I think they'll tag him, but then get a contract done before the season starts. I think 85mill would be selling him short. He's gonna rape the Ravens.

Chieftain58 01-13-2013 02:08 PM

Hell NO

Setsuna 01-13-2013 02:25 PM

I wouldn't even start a thread this dumb. Dave has gone full reerun. Joke or not.

BigMeatballDave 01-13-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9313886)
I wouldn't even start a thread this dumb. Dave has gone full reerun. Joke or not.

Heh, look at those who voted Yes.

baitism 01-13-2013 02:32 PM

Flacco is a rich man's Cassel.

Mama Hip Rockets 01-13-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Easy 6 01-13-2013 03:16 PM

TWO firsts?

Hell NO.

DJ's left nut 01-13-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Easy there, tiger.

I mean you have Brady, Rodgers, Brees and Manning right out the chute. Is he better than every other QB in the league?

No chance.

He's 10-12, IMO.

baitism 01-13-2013 08:04 PM

So 10% of CP is reeruned. Good to know.

GoChargers 01-13-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

P.Manning
E.Manning
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Rivers
Newton
Luck
RGIII
Ryan
Roethlisberger
Kaepernick
Wilson
Dalton

ROFL ROFL ROFL

jd1020 01-13-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9315907)
ROFL ROFL ROFL

I'd take Ryan over Flacco, maybe Roethlisberger. The rest are way too early to be taking over a vet with the resume of Flacco.

Especially Dalton. Why the **** is he even listed? A dogshit game manager over Flacco? Give me a ****ing break.