ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Croyle out, Huard in! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175661)

KC4EVER 11-30-2007 01:49 PM

Croyle out, Huard in!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Let's hope we can stop the pass rush, or we're in for a long day!

Pushead2 11-30-2007 01:50 PM

**** you Huard

percysnow 11-30-2007 01:50 PM

everyone acts like croyle has done so much positive for this offense . .i know he's our future but its not like he gives us a better chance to win any games this year. .

FAX 11-30-2007 01:50 PM

Man, this sucks.

FAX

talastan 11-30-2007 01:51 PM

Just hope that he can get the ball to Gonzo or Bowe. Hopefully Huard comes in refreshed and ready. I'd feel better if Croyle was in but I'm not going so far as to root against my team....Damon here you go again. Please don't go fetal position on us!!

Otter 11-30-2007 01:51 PM

I think I've bottomed out, I'm done for the season gentlemen. See ya next year.

Good luck.

CupidStunt 11-30-2007 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percysnow
everyone acts like croyle has done so much positive for this offense . .i know he's our future but its not like he gives us a better chance to win any games this year. .

All the more reason to want Croyle.

Rooster 11-30-2007 01:52 PM

Here's to a great draft pick. :toast:

Brock 11-30-2007 01:54 PM

Quote:

Are you kidding? Who gives a shit about winning games at this point?

rageeumr 11-30-2007 01:54 PM

8 posts, no comments about how the title says that Huard is to start "vs. Raiders"

dirk digler 11-30-2007 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock

Yep exactly. I hope Damon throws 5 INTs and we lose by 30

FAX 11-30-2007 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter

Good luck.

Good God, Mr. Otter. No!!

What's a support group without support?

FAX

Kylo Ren 11-30-2007 01:55 PM

This may be the first game since '91 that I don't watch. I've lost interest. I just want a high draft pick. Maybe they can pick up that man mountain of a LT from OU?

Pushead2 11-30-2007 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster
Here's to a great draft pick. :toast:

rep

chiefforlife 11-30-2007 01:56 PM

Thigpen bus .........boarding now!!!

Reerun_KC 11-30-2007 01:56 PM

Quote:

Starting Huard might be the final nail in the coffin this weekend.

Can anyone say blackout?

Pushead2 11-30-2007 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunther_Fan
This may be the first game since '91 that I don't watch. I've lost interest. I just want a high draft pick. Maybe they can pick up that man mountain of a LT from OU?

who???? do you mean UM Jake Long?

percysnow 11-30-2007 01:57 PM

Quote:

you misunderstood my point fool. . i was saying the thread starter made a statement as if we were doomed this week because huard is starting. . i was repying to him. .

dirk digler 11-30-2007 01:57 PM

The one thing though is you can't blame Herm on this one Brodie is hurt and he really has no other option

Pushead2 11-30-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfl

I am so on it.

KCJohnny 11-30-2007 01:58 PM

Huard's not as banged up as he was 3 weeks ago. He'll do fine. May even get 13 instead of just 10 points this week with Carney kicking.
;)

Reerun_KC 11-30-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Exactly!

Huard had his chance, he pissed all over himself and quit on his team in the Broncos game...

**** Huard! He is nothing more than a wasted roster spot now...

FAX 11-30-2007 01:59 PM

Let's see here ... Rope? Gun? Explosives? Poison? Razor Blade? Bridge? Electrocution? Carbon Monoxide?

FAX

Reerun_KC 11-30-2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler
The one thing though is you can't blame Herm on this one Brodie is hurt and he really has no other option

Thigpen.......

Pushead2 11-30-2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC
Exactly!

Huard had his chance, he pissed all over himself and quit on his team in the Broncos game...

**** Huard! He is nothing more than a wasted roster spot now...

rep, **** Huard

Reerun_KC 11-30-2007 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Let's see here ... Rope? Gun? Explosives? Poison? Razor Blade? Bridge? Electrocution? Carbon Monoxide?

FAX

I will take, what is the Gas Chamber for $200 and the block Bob!

bobbything 11-30-2007 02:00 PM

I wish KU vs. USC started at noon so I wouldn't be forced to watch the 1st hour of this game.

Iowanian 11-30-2007 02:00 PM

Quote:

Every snap he takes this year, gives him experience and live game tape for the decision for this offseason to be more clear.

Huard is a fart in the wind.....zero upside once he's let out.

I'll record it, and watch Sandy eggo have an orgy with my bad girlfriend later. During the game, I'll go outside in the high wind and sleet-rain predicted to walk 10 miles over hills and through brush to kill deer. It'll be less painful and tiresome.

Pushead2 11-30-2007 02:00 PM

Quote:

I will take, what is the Gas Chamber for $200 and the block Bob!

you mean Drew

Reerun_KC 11-30-2007 02:01 PM

Give us Thigpen or give us death...

Acutally watching a Huard lead offense, death isnt a bad option...

morphius 11-30-2007 02:01 PM

I almost dread watching the Chiefs play, this is not going to help matters.

Reerun_KC 11-30-2007 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2
you mean Drew

:cuss:

There is only one Bob Barker!

Bugeater 11-30-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX

FAX

Bowl of antifreeze.

Pushead2 11-30-2007 02:02 PM

I'd take Bob over Huard.

percysnow 11-30-2007 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
Every snap he takes this year, gives him experience and live game tape for the decision for this offseason to be more clear.

wow u are so intelligent. . u should def coach the nfl. .did u figure that out all by urself? . .and i cant believe u other guys figured out that at this position in the season we are better off losing out to improve our draft pick. . how u guys are not GM's is beyond me

Reerun_KC 11-30-2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

wow u are so intelligent. . u should def coach the nfl. .did u figure that out all by urself? . .and i cant believe u other guys figured out that at this position in the season we are better off losing out to improve our draft pick. . how u guys are not GM's is beyond me

Maybe someday we will move up to produce, then to fries like you....

Pushead2 11-30-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

how u guys are not GM's is beyond me

That's because Carl won't die!!! :cuss:

jjjayb 11-30-2007 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfl

Who was the kid that was our 4th string QB in preseason? He looked impressive playing against and with the scrubs.

Rooster 11-30-2007 02:10 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Fantasy Boards everywhere are crashing do to the news of Huard's possible start.

The Franchise 11-30-2007 02:12 PM

Looks like my Sunday is free now. Oh wait....early game....I'm sleeping in.

morphius 11-30-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

You are right, QB's always get better without getting snaps. Some of the best QB's in the league right now spent decades on the bench before proving themselves in games...

Reerun_KC 11-30-2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
You are right, QB's always get better without getting snaps. Some of the best QB's in the league right now spent decades on the bench before proving themselves in games...

So your saying Matt Bludin is ready to go now?

xbarretx 11-30-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfl

i wish, i would rather see him in then Damon. see if hes useful or not.

FAX 11-30-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
I almost dread watching the Chiefs play, this is not going to help matters.

Chiefs luck dictates that Downfield will have the game of the century, Mr. morphius. He'll leave the game with a quarterback rating of 200 having passed for 500 yards, 7 touchdowns, and leading us to a 60 to 0 win.

FAX

bobbything 11-30-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Maybe someday we will move up to produce, then to fries like you....

"That's when the big bucks start rolling in!"

Donger 11-30-2007 02:16 PM

Excellent. Now I get to imitate Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation this Sunday... I just hope I don't fall off the fucking roof again this year.

alpha_omega 11-30-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr
8 posts, no comments about how the title says that Huard is to start "vs. Raiders"

Y, was just getting ready to comment on that. ESPN blows!

FAX 11-30-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjayb
Who was the kid that was our 4th string QB in preseason? He looked impressive playing against and with the scrubs.

Yeah. The guy who was pissed when he was cut. Where is he? Back in Canada?

FAX

Donger 11-30-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything
"That's when the big bucks start rolling in!"

"There's fuckin' room to move as a fry cook. I could be manager in two years. King. God."

morphius 11-30-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX

FAX

No, that was our number 3, Printers or something like that.

Fly O.T. McWall 11-30-2007 02:31 PM

croyles not even dressing. eddie kennison is our 3rd string qb.

jjjayb 11-30-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX

FAX

Not printers. The other kid. One spot below printers on the depth chart.

Reerun_KC 11-30-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly O.T. McWall

Lets hope Huard will quit on his team again and Thigpen will see some playing time!

Fly O.T. McWall 11-30-2007 02:35 PM

Quote:

Lets hope Huard will quit on his team again and Thigpen will see some playing time!

but EK would fit in with our old qbs.

FAX 11-30-2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Hmmm. Drawing a blank, here. Not the guy from Yale or wherever, right?

FAX

The Franchise 11-30-2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Jeff Terrell?

bowener 11-30-2007 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfl

Will my Huard bus ticket work for the thigpen ride? Oh wait... i wiped my ass with it... I think that voids the ticket.

bowener 11-30-2007 02:39 PM

I was thinking, we could just give Herm a boner and run the old school wish bone or something similar to what Arkansas ran against LSU. Just direct snap it 50 times to Smith and have bigfoot and dunn in that backfield... why dunn? I dont know, do we have any other backs? Boomer doesnt count.

Rooster 11-30-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly O.T. McWall

Play EK... We have to see if we have anything with that guy.

Coogs 11-30-2007 02:42 PM

No need to worry if Huard gets hurt. Thigpin has learned the R2P2 offense already. ;)

Q&A with HERM EDWARDS - 11/30
Nov 30, 2007, 2:03:47 PM

VIDEO: Windows | Real | Audio

Q: How’s Brodie Croyloe?

HERM EDWARDS: “Out. Keyaron Fox will probably be out too.”

Q: Will Brodie be the number three QB?

EDWARDS: “No, he won’t even dress.”

Q: Does Brodie have broken ribs?

EDWARDS: “No, he should be better next week. [points to his back] He got hit right here in the back. He can throw this way [shows] but he can’t actually turn [shows]. It’s very, very sore.”

Q: So it was determined today that he couldn’t go?

EDWARDS: “He threw a little bit but he can’t move well.”

Q: Does it give you confidence knowing Damon Huard is guy who’s been there and done that?

EDWARDS: “Yes.”

Q: Does it give you a lift knowing he fired that second half win in San Diego?

EDWARDS: “Well, yeah, and Damon has done this before. He’s been the backup before and has been the starter during the season. That’s what the good veteran quarterback does and that’s why you have him.”

Q: But specifically having done it San Diego, too?

EDWARDS: “He made some big plays in San Diego, threw some big passes and we made some big catches. We got some turnovers too, especially in the second half, and that kind of helped us.”

Q: Are you worried that Brodie might be injury prone?

EDWARDS: “No, and that’s going to be the knock. But it’s nothing he can’t recover from. He got hurt early in his college career but his senior year he got through. Any time you get hurt once or twice in your career people are going to say you’re injury-prone. But I don’t buy that. It was a freak accident what happened to him. It was one of those deals.”

Q: Do you sense he’s aware of that rap?

EDWARD: “Sure, all players are. I don’t know if he’s sensitive to it, but people are going to say that. You look at the guy. He’s not a big guy but there are a lot of quarterbacks his size in the league that play.

“When you’ve had a history of being hurt and you may have missed some time people are going to say are you’re injury prone? But in the league at the quarterback position there aren’t too many of them that don’t miss some games. There are some streaks that have gone on like last night with Brett Favre but it’s a tough position to play.”

Q: Is it a bruise?

EDWARDS: “A deep, deep bruise is what I’m getting. Yes.”

Q: You think he can play next week?

EDWARDS: “I’m hoping so if it loosens up. It’s very tight right now.”

Q: This is one of those injuries that can happen no matter how big a guy is. But would you like him to put on some more weight?

EDWARDS: “A little bit but when you look at his frame where’s he going to do it. It’s kind of like some other guys in the league. Joe Montana wasn’t a real big guy. Trent Guy wasn’t the biggest guy either. There are quarterbacks who play like that. It’s a matter of who you are.”

Q: What is your team’s confidence level? Are the players down?

EDWARDS: “Losing is never any fun and the way we’ve lost is definitely not any fun. We’ve been in every ball game. It’s not like the game starts and by the second half the game is over. It’s not been that way at all. Maybe the Denver game got away from us a little bit in the third quarter. But the rest of them they all went into the fourth quarter. We had an opportunity and they were one score games basically.

“We haven’t made a play. In the games that we’ve won it’s been a similar scenario but we won the games. I think our guys are still confident and you get more confident when you win and we haven’t won the games. We’ve lost four tough ones.”

Q: Is that going to be thee mantra of the season: we’ve been close?

EDWARDS: “I know and we didn’t finish games. We didn’t finish them out. Scoring helps you and we haven’t scored a lot of points. That being said games are going to be close. Defensively, we’ve kept the scores down for the most part in most games. Who knows how the season is going to turn out.”

Q: Your other injury situation?

EDWARDS: “Patrick [Surtain] practiced, Terry will be back tomorrow and he’ll probably be down. Turley will start. Fox, no. Wesley will be up and Webb is alright.”

Q: You picked QB Thigpin when you were getting ready for the season and hadn’t a lot of time to develop him. Have you been able to see anything from him if you needed him to go into the game on Sunday?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, he’d be ready to go. He’s got enough plays where he’d be ready to play and participate. We like him. He can move, has a good arm. We liked him coming out [of college] and thought about drafting him in the later rounds and Minnesota ended up taking him. We were able to get him off the practice squad.

“He’s excited but he doesn’t want anything to happen to Damon obviously.”

Q: How much could he do?

EDWARDS: “We could do some things with him offensively. He’s been around, been here for a time and is a smart guy and he’s been to all the meetings. He knows what we do on offense. He’d be fine if he had to go in the game.”

Q: What did he do this week? All scout team?

EDWARDS: “No, we gave him some on offense.”

Q: Worse case scenario who would be your third quarterback?

EDWARDS: Eddie [Kennison]. He’d be the third. He played quarterback in high school.”

Q: But he’d be a guy who could take snap?

EDWARDS: “Take a snap, give a hand-off and maybe give him one pass. I was the disaster guy in Philly and had two plays. I never had to get in, which was good. They gave me a running play and I told them I wanted one pass. It was throw deep. I didn’t want a three step [drop]. That was my two plays.”

Mr. Arrowhead 11-30-2007 02:48 PM

Damn You Carl!

Demonpenz 11-30-2007 02:49 PM

damn key fox loss will hurt us

Pushead2 11-30-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead
Damn You Carl!

Your avatar is horrid.

jjjayb 11-30-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23
Jeff Terrell?

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. That's the kid. Whatever happened to him anyway?

The Franchise 11-30-2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. That's the kid. Whatever happened to him anyway?

Practice squad?

FAX 11-30-2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

Ah. Yeah. He was pretty good. The Packers probably have him, now.

FAX

jjjayb 11-30-2007 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herm
Trent Guy wasn’t the biggest guy either.

Who the heck is Trent Guy and why haven't I heard of him?

Rasputin 11-30-2007 02:58 PM

:sulk:

Frazod 11-30-2007 03:00 PM

Well, that certainly frees up my Sunday schedule. :cuss:

Lonewolf Ed 11-30-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

No, he doesn't at this point. However, he needs to play. Now.

wasi 11-30-2007 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed
No, he doesn't at this point. However, he needs to play. Now.

I agree.

I recall watching the Broncos game the week after they lost to the Lions, the game inwhich Cutler was supposedly hurt pretty bad. I remember the announcers repeatedly saying it was important for him to be out there because it showed leadership and toughness to his team mates. I wonder if this same logic applies in this situation?

Demonpenz 11-30-2007 03:07 PM

there was a trent patterson or something like that that threw left handed and I don't even think he went to college. He was throwing away his last 5 for 5.55 arby's roast beef sandwhich because it was getting cold and a talent scout was just finishing up his last curly fry when he started choking. well i will be damned if that guy didn't wheel check off the incoming free refill and throw a perfect strike into the adams apple of the chiefs talent scout thus saving the day. It will be made into a movie like the mark walburg eagles story.
Roast beef dreams

CupidStunt 11-30-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunther_Fan

Same here. Last game I missed was in '93, and, although it wasn't out of choice, we got stomped by the Dolphins.

Won't be worried about missing this at all. Come Sunday, I'll be on the sofa with a 6-pack and steak watching Indy-Jacksonville. I might put a stream of SD-KC on the laptop to view during adverts. I might not. If I do, it'll purely be to see if Bowe catches some balls, Kolby runs well and Jared/DJ play well.

mikey23545 11-30-2007 03:29 PM

This BB has become an embarrassment.

Frazod 11-30-2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545
This BB has become an embarrassment.

Well, it's in good company. So has the team.

keg in kc 11-30-2007 03:36 PM

Think it's time to adjust my week 2 prediction from 6-10 to 4-12.

Winless dullfins are going to cost us the #1 pick.

keg in kc 11-30-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by findthedr
Every cloud has a silver lining. With Huard in we will see an open playbook, which means the coaches might actually let the team win.

Is this sarcasm? My detector's on the fritz...

Mr. Flopnuts 11-30-2007 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter

Good luck.

Don't let the door kick ya in the ass on the way out.

RustShack 11-30-2007 04:01 PM

Hopefully Merriman finishes off Huard the first play, the Thigpan plays.

HypnotizedMonkey 11-30-2007 04:16 PM

I think we could have a game... if we can get a repeat performance from Kolby to keep them honest.