ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs This site has no heart (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250408)

lostcause 09-22-2011 02:20 AM

This site has no heart

The Chiefs have been abysmal for the first two games this season, that is inescapable. But it is cataclysmic how two games have turned so many people that are professed fans to say that our only hope now lies in losing out this season to grab a college quarter back. The realities of the season are that we don't have berry, moeaki or charles. However, we are only a game out of first place. If the bleeding can be mended and the coaching staff can get decent play from the safeties and DMc shows up as that second round draft pick we've all bitched about - then this season can be saved. To talk about tanking a season or even rooting for it after 2 games to get a college kid is ****ing stupid. It's ****ing stupid.

kcxiv 09-22-2011 02:21 AM

lol, Dude, 42 years of sucktastic does that. There is alot of heart actually, but most everyone now knows that the only way the Chiefs will get anywhere is with a legit franchise qb. The last 25 years of plugging qb's into the line up doesnt work and will NOT work in todays game.

Hammock Parties 09-22-2011 02:23 AM

It's not based on two games.

It's based on four games in which we got eviscerated at a near-historic rate of disgust, and 32 games of mostly shit-tarded quarterback play that has made it abundantly clear Undesirable No. 1 is taking us NOWHERE and needs a legit replacement.

bowener 09-22-2011 02:24 AM

Can you honestly say with a straight face (or gay NTTATWRT) that the Chiefs have a reasonable chance to win the Super Bowl this year?

That is the goal of every team or should be the goal. Until the Chiefs have a legitimate QB they will fall short.

BigMeatballDave 09-22-2011 02:24 AM

Lostcause has no brain...

SPchief 09-22-2011 02:30 AM

Hi Frankie! your mom is a whore

Titty Meat 09-22-2011 02:31 AM

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/5...uckerpause.png

007 09-22-2011 02:39 AM

http://www.kkbn.com/wp-content/uploa...StupidDoes.jpg

Buck 09-22-2011 02:40 AM

reposq

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-22-2011 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostcause (Post 7931910)
The Chiefs have been abysmal for the first two games this season, that is inescapable. But it is cataclysmic how two games have turned so many people that are professed fans to say that our only hope now lies in losing out this season to grab a college quarter back. The realities of the season are that we don't have berry, moeaki or charles. However, we are only a game out of first place. If the bleeding can be mended and the coaching staff can get decent play from the safeties and DMc shows up as that second round draft pick we've all bitched about - then this season can be saved. To talk about tanking a season or even rooting for it after 2 games to get a college kid is ****ing stupid. It's ****ing stupid.

LMAO Moron ! We need Luck !

Crush 09-22-2011 04:44 AM

It is actually the last 40 years of mediocrity. We need a ****ing franchise QB in the worst way.

blaise 09-22-2011 04:53 AM

Can we consolidate the, "I can't believe you're quitting on the Chiefs/ I can't believe you guys want to Suck for Luck" threads into one larger thread from here on out?

the Talking Can 09-22-2011 05:03 AM

i hope we win 8 games and keep Cassel as QB

why?

i don't know, but our tard fanbase says that's what True Fans want....

Fritz88 09-22-2011 05:13 AM

The irony in your name..

KC-TBB 09-22-2011 05:32 AM

I used to be a 'Castlesta' now I've dropped that turd and feel refreshed...

cookster50 09-22-2011 05:48 AM

It's not stupid, your face is stupid!

InChiefsHeaven 09-22-2011 05:50 AM

Understand something dude, even if we pull out of this shit and win the division, I STILL want Luck as a QBOTF. But, the only way that happens is if the Chiefs suck, which so far is the case.

Cassel is not the solution, it's been thoroughly proven over the course of 2 seasons going on the third. I don't want to see the Chiefs suck ass like this, but it IS what it IS. We have to take something positive out of that, and that would be the prospect of drafting Luck.

I'd be OK with the Chiefs losing out but not getting blown out and humiliated every week. Is that better?

Mr_Tomahawk 09-22-2011 05:50 AM

How is this working out for ya...?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...4&postcount=67

Dumbass.

Hootie 09-22-2011 05:55 AM

We will find a way to **** up Luck...I have no doubt.

Bane 09-22-2011 06:00 AM

Luck in a KC uni would be a welcome sight but does he play D as well?I somehow think the D allowing 40 points a game is out of his control.

cookster50 09-22-2011 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bane (Post 7931974)
Luck in a KC uni would be a welcome sight but does he play D as well?I somehow think the D allowing 40 points a game is out of his control.

Because turnovers and complete offensive ineptitude resulting in 3 and outs has nothing to do with the D giving up 40.......

Abba-Dabba 09-22-2011 06:06 AM

You're right. We have no heart. We have a brain.

Bane 09-22-2011 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 7931978)
Because turnovers and complete offensive ineptitude resulting in 3 and outs has nothing to do with the D giving up 40.......

Just convincing myself that it will never happen so maybe there is a 1% chance that it will.

PhillyChiefFan 09-22-2011 06:12 AM

All legit playoff teams have a franchise QB, you can't deny that.

Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Rivers, Ryan, Flacco, Brees, Roethlisberger, Vick....there is a reason why those teams are contenders year after year and we are not.

Hell look what happened to Arizona as soon as Warner retired! Or San Fran after Young.

Cassel isn't a franchise QB. He didn't start for USC, didn't start in NE, but yet the Chiefs threw 60 million at him? Why? Because of one good season with a great offense.

Luck MAY be the next Manning. Personally, I would like to get a legit franchise QB and be a contender for the next 15 seasons. I'm tired of pluggin the most important position with retreads and QB's that simply are not franchise QB's.

Bane 09-22-2011 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 7931986)
All legit playoff teams have a franchise QB, you can't deny that.

Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Rivers, Ryan, Flacco, Brees, Roethlisberger, Vick....there is a reason why those teams are contenders year after year and we are not.

Hell look what happened to Arizona as soon as Warner retired! Or San Fran after Young.

Cassel isn't a franchise QB. He didn't start for USC, didn't start in NE, but yet the Chiefs threw 60 million at him? Why? Because of one good season with a great offense.

Luck MAY be the next Manning. Personally, I would like to get a legit franchise QB and be a contender for the next 15 seasons. I'm tired of pluggin the most important position with retreads and QB's that simply are not franchise QB's.

Yep,he won 11 games with a 16-0 team.Awesome eh?:banghead:

DaKCMan AP 09-22-2011 06:15 AM

http://www.truefans.com/images/true_fans_book_cover.png

Bane 09-22-2011 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7931990)

LMAO
Holy shit!!!

Red Dawg 09-22-2011 06:17 AM

What the hell ever! KC has not even attempted to get a top prospect at QB in almost 30 years. Mediocrety at the position has been the staus quo. I am not a qutter but we will never win anything without a really good QB. I hope we lose because this is our chance to get one.

We need this.

Deberg_1990 09-22-2011 06:28 AM

I miss the Arrowhead of the 90's......great BBQ, Great tailgates, the place was a constant party. We could always count on winning 8-10 games every year and getting bounced in the playoffs...good times.

PhillyChiefFan 09-22-2011 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bane (Post 7931989)
Yep,he won 11 games with a 16-0 team.Awesome eh?:banghead:

Exactly. I believe Alex Smith, Kerry Collins, Chad Henne, or any B list QB could have had pretty much the same outcome.

Through 2 games (against arguably the easiest stretch of the schedule):

Statline: 37/58, 252 yds 1 TD / 4 INT

16 Game Pace: 296/464, 2016 yds 8 TD / 32 INT

If you saw that statline, and didn't know it was Cassel's, would you think that team had ANY chance of making the playoffs with that QB at the helm?

the Talking Can 09-22-2011 06:36 AM

I miss Carl Peterson.

movinbones 09-22-2011 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 7931950)
The irony in your name..

LMAO

DaKCMan AP 09-22-2011 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 7932007)
Exactly. I believe Alex Smith, Kerry Collins, Chad Henne, or any B list QB could have had pretty much the same outcome.

Through 2 games (against arguably the easiest stretch of the schedule):

Statline: 37/58, 252 yds 1 TD / 4 INT

16 Game Pace: 296/464, 2016 yds 8 TD / 32 INT

If you saw that statline, and didn't know it was Cassel's, would you think that team had ANY chance of making the playoffs with that QB at the helm?

The absolute last straw, the dagger, the nail in the coffin for anyone who still believed in Matt Cassel should have been last week when the worthless pile of garbage couldn't even get off a pass, despite plenty of time and pass protection, on a hail mary at the end of the first half.

jlscorpio 09-22-2011 06:43 AM

just un-****ing-believable.

luv 09-22-2011 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7931942)
Can we consolidate the, "I can't believe you're quitting on the Chiefs/ I can't believe you guys want to Suck for Luck" threads into one larger thread from here on out?

Only if we can consolidate all of the Suck for Luck threads into one as well. Not saying I agree with OP, but this place is nothing but Luck threads lately.

PhillyChiefFan 09-22-2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7932022)
The absolute last straw, the dagger, the nail in the coffin for anyone who still believed in Matt Cassel should have been last week when the worthless pile of garbage couldn't even get off a pass, despite plenty of time and pass protection, on a hail mary at the end of the first half.

Yep. The blame can't be on the oline, they were giving him time. He danced in the pocket and checked down like a college freshman QB.

He was scared of the Buffalo defense...imagine what's going to happen when he goes up against the Steelers, Packers, Chargers, and Jets defense.

That projected statline will look like a pipedream.

blaise 09-22-2011 06:56 AM

Kafka will probably start 4 games for the Eagles, throw for 1,000 yards and the Chiefs will give the Eagles a 3rd round draft pick for him. Then he'll come here and throw 4 TDs 14 INTs and be cut two years later.

Hammock Parties 09-22-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7932001)
I miss the Arrowhead of the 90's......great BBQ, Great tailgates, the place was a constant party. We could always count on winning 8-10 games every year and getting bounced in the playoffs...good times.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/carlfart.gif

patteeu 09-22-2011 07:04 AM

Quote:

Even the pessimists going into this season expected the Chiefs to win at least one of the first two games. Instead, they got embarrassed in both. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to expect this team to be drafting in the top 10 this year after those performances and if they're going to be drafting in the top 10 because of poor play from the QB in a year when the most heralded QB prospect in years will be coming out, it's reasonable to want to get that top draft spot.

If the Chiefs beat the Chargers in San Diego this weekend, maybe we can start entertaining the idea of winning a weak division despite having a poor record at the end of the season, but until then there's little reason to have any hope other than the hope we might land Andrew Luck in the draft.

Hydrae 09-22-2011 07:26 AM

I agree completely that Cassell needs to go and go far, far away from this team. But this place is becoming downright depressing with all the people rooting for the entire team to lose. Even after 20 years (sorry, I didn't start following the team until 1991) and all the heartache that has entailed, I root for the team to win each week. I, like many, have gotten to the point of enough numbness to keep the losses from getting me down for days but I still expect a best effort every game and believe in "any given Sunday."

At the rate the discussions around here have been going, I am tempted to just hang out in DC. It is less depressing to argue about the current state of the country than to listen to the hand-wringing in the lounge.

CosmicPal 09-22-2011 07:32 AM

Lost, you have to be realistic here:

For starters, nobody expected this team to be much better than .500 this season. This is a brutal schedule against some very good football teams. A couple of breaks here and there, and we may have won 10 games. But realistically, this was an 8-8 team with every one of its starters playing.

Now, we've lost three crucial starters for the season. And that doesn't include the other injuries, including our first-round draft pick. Our chances of an 8-8 season greatly diminishes. Our chances of even winning 10 games would be a miracle of religious proportions.

With the injuries we have endured combined with the relentless schedule and the poor play of just about everyone on the team, this team at BEST, can win 3 or 4 games.

So, think about that come the April draft. Those 3 games we won just killed our chance of scoring a future QB with outstanding potential to lead our team out of the doldrums for many years to come. Instead, we draft another DT with our first pick and Luck goes to Indianapolis where he continues their epic dynasty and the Chiefs are forever mired in good seasons and bad.

Would you want 3 wins this season and miss out on your potential Hall-of-Fame QB?

Or do you want 0 wins and a chance at a future dynasty?

Think about that the next time you want the Chiefs to win just one of its' three games this season.

Nobody feels good about rooting to lose. But this season is different. This season, rooting to lose comes with epic rewards!! Something you'll feel good about for many years to come.

DaKCMan AP 09-22-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 7932033)
Yep. The blame can't be on the oline, they were giving him time. He danced in the pocket and checked down like a college freshman QB.

He was scared of the Buffalo defense...imagine what's going to happen when he goes up against the Steelers, Packers, Chargers, and Jets defense.

That projected statline will look like a pipedream.

He didn't even check down. He did his signature possum, keel over and die routine, taking the sack.

Rain Man 09-22-2011 07:47 AM

14-2 and home field. You read it here first.

Quesadilla Joe 09-22-2011 07:58 AM

Everybody called me a quitter because I turned off a couple games at halftime, but I never once gave up on any season until we were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and even when we were I still wanted Denver to win every game.

Otter 09-22-2011 08:00 AM

Planet...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...ssltof8xMMJt5A

Mr_Tomahawk 09-22-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7932149)
Everybody called me a quitter because I turned off a couple games at halftime, but I never once gave up on any season until we were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and even when we were I still wanted Denver to win every game.

I can hear the knocking of your knees as the chances of the Chiefs drafting Luck increases.

Sofa King 09-22-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Nice try.

CosmicPal 09-22-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

YOU would want Denver to lose every game this season if it meant you would have a chance to draft fuggin Elway. So STFU!

blaise 09-22-2011 08:30 AM

No one needs to root for Denver to suck, they just do.

BigRichard 09-22-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 7932102)
Lost, you have to be realistic here:

For starters, nobody expected this team to be much better than .500 this season. This is a brutal schedule against some very good football teams. A couple of breaks here and there, and we may have won 10 games. But realistically, this was an 8-8 team with every one of its starters playing.

Now, we've lost three crucial starters for the season. And that doesn't include the other injuries, including our first-round draft pick. Our chances of an 8-8 season greatly diminishes. Our chances of even winning 10 games would be a miracle of religious proportions.

With the injuries we have endured combined with the relentless schedule and the poor play of just about everyone on the team, this team at BEST, can win 3 or 4 games.

So, think about that come the April draft. Those 3 games we won just killed our chance of scoring a future QB with outstanding potential to lead our team out of the doldrums for many years to come. Instead, we draft another DT with our first pick and Luck goes to Indianapolis where he continues their epic dynasty and the Chiefs are forever mired in good seasons and bad.

Would you want 3 wins this season and miss out on your potential Hall-of-Fame QB?

Or do you want 0 wins and a chance at a future dynasty?

Think about that the next time you want the Chiefs to win just one of its' three games this season.

Nobody feels good about rooting to lose. But this season is different. This season, rooting to lose comes with epic rewards!! Something you'll feel good about for many years to come.

This is exactly right.

Kyle DeLexus 09-22-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Hey you got your savior in Tebow, we are just trying to keep up!

Chiefshrink 09-22-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Everyone's jumping ship for good reasons because everyone's anxiety about this team actually started last yr when we got blew out by Oakland and then on by Balt in the playoffs only to continue this year. Everyone's anxiety was heightened even more by this pre-season play only to be confirmed with this 0-2 start with a tough ass schedule to boot with the ACL bug in full form.

Get it now?

luv 09-22-2011 08:44 AM

Mitch has heart. Well, at least he has pride.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center...4-021f1ef33d19

Of course, I think he's paid to.

gblowfish 09-22-2011 09:11 AM

If this guy wants all sunshine and rainbows, go post on Arrowhead Pride.
Double Plus Ungood thought is not allowed there.

If you count pre-season, this team has lost eight straight. That's not good, no matter how you slice it.

patteeu 09-22-2011 09:13 AM

What inspired your username, lostcause?

Brock 09-22-2011 09:21 AM

There's lots of homer boards for people like you.

Try WPI.

Braincase 09-22-2011 09:23 AM

You're excused. Come back in after the Superbowl to gloat and tell us all "I told you so". Or not.

Skyy God 09-22-2011 09:25 AM

Let me guess, lostcause also thinks we should draft a tackle in the first.....

DaKCMan AP 09-22-2011 09:27 AM

http://www.gonemovies.com/www/MyWebF...inManClose.jpg

keg in kc 09-22-2011 09:28 AM

If we're the cowardly lion, 'lostcause' is the scarecrow.

keg in kc 09-22-2011 09:28 AM

Okay, that's some frightening same wavelength shit there.

lcarus 09-22-2011 09:29 AM

After the years we've suffered as Chiefs fans, anybody that's still here has a shit ton of heart.

Mr. Kotter 09-22-2011 09:30 AM

What a noob.... LMAO

blaise 09-22-2011 09:40 AM

When teams charge $9 for beers they forfeit the whole, "Support the team no matter what" concept.

Mr. Kotter 09-22-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7932331)
When teams charge $9 for beers they forfeit the whole, "Support the team no matter what" concept.

Yup.

suds79 09-22-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 7932310)
After the years we've suffered as Chiefs fans, anybody that's still here has a shit ton of heart.

What a business model the NFL has.

Imagine any other business where you have a segment of your customer base who believes in sticking by you no matter what kind of crap product you put out.

Chiefnj2 09-22-2011 09:50 AM

This place is going to be great when KC wins its first game. Meltdown of epic proportions.

Bump 09-22-2011 09:51 AM

we're still here aren't we? Even though we are the laughing stock of the league. It's clear to us Chiefs fans who have been around for a while that we need an elite QB. Getting that #1 pick will put that one huge piece together. We need Luck, even if he somehow fails, which I really don't think he will, at least we would have tried. We haven't won a playoff game since the last time we had an elite QB. It's simple really.

blaise 09-22-2011 09:57 AM

It would just be nice to have a QB where you could think, "This is the guy for the next 5 years, at least." Even if he wasn't Manning or Brady. Just to at least have a guy that you could rely on to give you a chance week in and week out, and not have to have a great running game and defense to carry him.
Bad QB play is just so depressing to watch.

TimeForWasp 09-22-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

I agree with you.

Hootie 09-22-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7932030)
Only if we can consolidate all of the Suck for Luck threads into one as well. Not saying I agree with OP, but this place is nothing but Luck threads lately.

what the **** else should we talk about?

Surely not what we see on Sundays? That's just downright depressing/not worth talking about.

I'd love to see Dexter total 1800 yards and us go 0-16. That's my goal for the season.

lcarus 09-22-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 7932345)
What a business model the NFL has.

Imagine any other business where you have a segment of your customer base who believes in sticking by you no matter what kind of crap product you put out.

It's a league/business where change happens all the time. That's what gives fans hope. Even Cassel getting benched keeps fans hopeful, as stupid as that is. We still aren't going to win much with Palko, but fans would cheer their asses off if he came in. It's just the nature of fans.

Also, it's a league where a team can be dreadful for decades and one year emerge as a Super Bowl contender. We saw it with Arizona and with New Orleans, and probably a lot more I'm forgetting about. What do those teams have in common? They all got a good quarterback.....

Ming the Merciless 09-22-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Yep....

You will hear all kinds of excuses & justifications, but they all sound exactly the same...

Like a big flapping meaty vagina with hot queef air coming out.

I have never seen a bigger collection of pussies, bundle of stickss, trolls, cowards and brokedick losers in my life.

lcarus 09-22-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 7932460)
Yep....

You will hear all kinds of excuses & justifications, but they all sound exactly the same...

Like a big flapping meaty vagina with hot queef air coming out.

I have never seen a bigger collection of pussies, pillowbitergots, trolls, cowards and brokedick losers in my life.

It's just the way fans are. When you lose the way we lost the first 2 games and also suffer that many key injuries, it's pretty devastating you have to admit. This season so far is just a disaster no matter how you look at it. Especially with an absolutely brutal schedule. I can't blame people for thinking towards a brighter future with a franchise QB.

However by the same token, a couple of unlikely wins might turn some fans around on the season. So FAR though...there is absolutely no reason to have any hope for this year. Chances of us being in the hunt for a playoff spot in December is extremely extremely unlikely. Our fans are smart enough to understand this.

So go ahead all you "rah rah" "team spirit" cheerleaders. Root for a win every Sunday. Do it. The rest of us will be more concerned with the future of our team than the rest of this abysmal joke of a season that will be over before we know it.

38yrsfan 09-22-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Completely agree.

Okie_Apparition 09-22-2011 11:05 AM

How you cheer in your livingroom/on computer is not going to change the scoreboard. It does effect the depth of your developing hatchetwound

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-22-2011 12:58 PM

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that this thread was started by a guy named lostcause?

|Zach| 09-22-2011 01:03 PM

This is much more than bad play on the field.

Donger 09-22-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 7932460)
I have never seen a bigger collection of pussies, pillowbitergots, trolls, cowards and brokedick losers in my life.

What exactly are you rooting for? What result will make you "happy" this season, and do you think that result is possible?

Ming the Merciless 09-22-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7932820)
What exactly are you rooting for? What result will make you "happy" this season, and do you think that result is possible?

I root for whatever is appropriate. On Sunday I will be rooting for the CHIEFS to beat our hated division rival, since we are only one game back....You ALREADY said you are rooting for the Chargers to win....what more needs to be said?

Go ahead and root for the Chargers...I don't give a **** if the Chiefs are 0-15 I would still root for the Chiefs to beat the Gayders , the Donks or SandyEggo...

I had hopes we would do well this season, obviously with all of the injuries and whatnot I have to adjust what will make me 'happy.'

Beating the raiders or eliminating one of our division opponents from a wild card spot will have to do it for me this season, unless a miracle happens.

You go ahead and root for the Chargers though, sally.