ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life What is your greatest fear? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241065)

Rams Fan 02-01-2011 01:14 PM

What is your greatest fear?

I've asked this on another forum, but what is your greatest fear?

Reerun_KC 02-01-2011 01:15 PM

Hamas running the Chiefs draft....

KCUnited 02-01-2011 01:16 PM

Groundhog Day.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=225982

Deberg_1990 02-01-2011 01:19 PM

Large groups of bats.

But ive decided to adopt the visage of my fear in order to strike fear in the hearts of my enemies.

Marcellus 02-01-2011 01:20 PM

It won't stop snowing.

Dante84 02-01-2011 01:21 PM

Falling, and sharks.

So, jumping out of a tall building into a pool of sharks is my greatest fear.

Rams Fan 02-01-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7397933)
It won't stop snowing.

LMAO Well said.

Chief Henry 02-01-2011 01:23 PM

Failure to my family and my business.

CaliforniaChief 02-01-2011 01:25 PM

Overhearing my secretary page my boss and say "Some guy named Skip Towne is on line 1."

luv 02-01-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 7397915)

Creative way of say repost. I like it.

Gracie Dean 02-01-2011 01:25 PM

I am not afraid of dying, I am afraid of leaving my family

Rams Fan 02-01-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noswad (Post 7397953)
I am not afraid of dying, I am afraid of leaving my family

That's an interesting way of putting it. I feel that same way towards a friend have mine who has to overcome a lot to be where he is in life. He motivates me to be the best I can be, when in reality, he's a better person than I will ever be.

eazyb81 02-01-2011 01:28 PM

Having to read stupid threads on Chiefs Planet.

milkman 02-01-2011 01:28 PM

That I'll suffer a massive heart attack as the Chiefs are about to run a first and goal play from the 1 inch line with 1 second remaining on the clock that will determine the outcome of the AFC Championship.

BigRichard 02-01-2011 01:29 PM

My greatest fear is to go work for HogFarmer.

DaneMcCloud 02-01-2011 01:29 PM

Being eaten by a shark, or more specifically, a school of sharks.

Ouch.

BucEyedPea 02-01-2011 01:29 PM

Economic insecurity and collapse. Second is death.

Rain Man 02-01-2011 01:32 PM

Fire.

http://www.morethings.com/fan/saturd...losing_it0.jpg

FloridaMan88 02-01-2011 01:36 PM

That I won't live to see the Chiefs win a playoff game again

Sofa King 02-01-2011 01:36 PM

knocking up a fat chick.

Extra Point 02-01-2011 01:44 PM

Falling sharks. Gotta be those God damned falling sharks. 9.81 meters per mother****ing seconds squared falling sharks!

That, and dying before my wife and/or after one of my kids.

Inspector 02-01-2011 01:46 PM

Microbes let loose in the gulf of Mexico that evolve and take over Earth and kill birds in mid air.

Phobia 02-01-2011 01:48 PM

I'm not afraid of dying or even dying painfully.

I'm afraid of dying slowly and helplessly. I'm terrified of ALS.

Rams Fan 02-01-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7398012)

I guess that's also one of my fears, dying slowly. I have seen people die from cancer in my family. For me, I'd be afraid of dying from pancreatic cancer.

Phobia 02-01-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7398019)
I guess that's also one of my fears, dying slowly. I have seen people die from cancer in my family. For me, I'd be afraid of dying from pancreatic cancer.

That's an awful way to go but imagine having a perfect awareness but zero control over your body until you eventually suffocate because your lungs don't have any firing signals.

Rain Man 02-01-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Disease-wise, I would agree that that's about the scariest one I can imagine.

KCrockaholic 02-01-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7397982)
knocking up a fat chick.

Don't bang a fat chick and there's nothing to worry about.

Phobia 02-01-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7398029)

I would rather get a flesh eating disease. Honestly.

Rams Fan 02-01-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7398028)
That's an awful way to go but imagine having a perfect awareness but zero control over your body until you eventually suffocate because your lungs don't have any firing signals.

I don't think I want to. That's an awful way to go. I just can't get the image of my aunt telling my sister she had a nice coat because it was invisible. She said that towards the end of her life and that was the last time I saw her. I still can't get that whole scene out of her talking to me out of my mind and it's been 4 years.

Rain Man 02-01-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7398039)
I would rather get a flesh eating disease. Honestly.

I might agree. I think we can both also agree that FIRE BAD!

Marcellus 02-01-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7398029)

I had an uncle die in October from ALS. It is UGLY. Has to be one of the worst things.

KCKID58 02-01-2011 02:27 PM

Quicksand, spiders, bee's

Jenson71 02-01-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

On the good side, you can properly prepare yourself for death in that case.

At this point in my life, I don't have many responsibilities outside of the things I easily control (do my homework, brush my teeth). There's not much I fear. I used to fear public speaking. It was horrible, and I would skip days in high school because of that. But I got through that and I can give a speech in front of a huge crowd now if I had to (and I've had to more than once).

Parents say that their biggest fear is usually leaving behind their kids when they need them most, but I don't have that. What I have is a younger brother who is going to Afghanistan soon. He is my only brother, my only sibling, and we've had too many quarrels over the years, as many brothers do, for our relationship to be considered completed. The truth is, I like him a lot. He's a good person, and we share a lot of interests. And in a lot of ways, I admire him, though he is younger than me. I think he's cool and I think he could be my best friend, my closest confidant, the person who will always be there for me, just like I will be there for him. And there is a fear in me that in an instant, every potential great thing between us, and just for him alone, his future, could be over. Or, he could be seriously injured. I fear that he could face the worst kind of pain and torture and loneliness and there wouldn't be anything to do except be here and do a mundane daily routine.

Gracie Dean 02-01-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Do you have someone in your family that has had this?

Saccopoo 02-01-2011 02:32 PM

Nothing, really.

My dream death would be to be eaten by bears or sharks. Recycled through nature.

In fact, I think that when it's time, I'm going to walk into the woods with a bucket of gravy, pour it over my head and let the bears or cougars eat me.

To finalize life through a searing white heat of having your flesh rend from your body by some large, carnivorous animal...awesome.

You can take your old, wrinkled, ineffective bodies dying a slow death in a hospital bed or nursing home and shove 'em up your ass. I'm going out the way nature intended.

Marcellus 02-01-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCKID58 (Post 7398143)
Quicksand, spiders, bee's

3 things that have never seriously injured anyone I know for $1000 Alex.

DaneMcCloud 02-01-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7398165)
3 things that have never seriously injured anyone I know for $1000 Alex.

So, you're stating that people around the world can't and/or haven't died from spider bites, bee stings or in quicksand?

Bane 02-01-2011 02:36 PM

I'm scared of sharks.:facepalm:

J Diddy 02-01-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

If I ever contracted that about the time that I was losing it I'm pretty sure I'd find a bullet.

Marcellus 02-01-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7398166)
So, you're stating that people around the world can't and/or haven't died from spider bites, bee stings or in quicksand?

Nope, I just find it interesting people are scared of things that in their life situation rarely cause death or major damage.

Anyone posting on this board has little chance of dying from any of those things unless you are severely allergic to Bees and I almost asked.

Being afraid of drowning, or dying in a fire is understandable. It happens.

My GF is scared to death of things she has no reason to legitimately fear.

Snakes would be a great example. The death rate of snakebite in the US has to be about as common, or less than, as winning the lottery.

However people die from hypothermia more often than snakebite. How many people are scared of freezing to death?

(Right now may be the wrong time to ask that question)

Hammock Parties 02-01-2011 02:43 PM

I'm scared people will stop respecting and admiring me around here.

DaneMcCloud 02-01-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7398183)
Nope, I just find it interesting people are scared of things that in their life situation rarely cause death or major damage.

Because people tend to be scared or fear the irrational.

That's why horror movies and movies about dinosaurs eating people, sharks eating people, birds killing people, etc. have been so popular over the last century.

With that said, it's sad to read about children that have died after being stung by a bee and/or spider, or killed by ants, etc. Sharks usually kill a few dozen people worldwide (and a few dozen more go unreported), so it's not out of the question that you could be out surfing one day and get eaten.

Over-Head 02-01-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7397908)
, but what is your greatest fear?

Getting cancer, and dying from it

Over-Head 02-01-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7398185)
I'm scared people will stop respecting and admiring me around here.

best go stick your head in the sand now sunshine

RedNFeisty 02-01-2011 02:47 PM

I don't fear cancer, I don't fear leaving my kids behind through death(even though I would hate it). What I do fear, is something horrific happening to my children and there won't be anything I can do about it, like a person taking them from me, an accident taking their lives. That is what I fear most in life.

God can allow anything to happen to me, but please have mercy on my children and let them lead a safe and happy life.

sedated 02-01-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherLover (Post 7398174)
If I ever contracted that about the time that I was losing it I'm pretty sure I'd find a bullet.

with my luck, my trigger finger would go first

Marcellus 02-01-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7398191)
Because people tend to be scared or fear the irrational.

That's why horror movies and movies about dinosaurs eating people, sharks eating people, birds killing people, etc. have been so popular over the last century.

With that said, it's sad to read about children that have died after being stung by a bee and/or spider, or killed by ants, etc. Sharks usually kill a few dozen people worldwide (and a few dozen more go unreported), so it's not out of the question that you could be out surfing one day and get eaten.

Yea, it all depends on your outlook. I fear jellyfish more than sharks. Not because of the chance of death being greater but the likelihood.

My daughter is terrified of sharks. But loves alligators. Odd.

Mr. Laz 02-01-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7397908)
but what is your greatest fear?

going down on a girl named Heather and finding out the hard way that her real name is Heath.

Marcellus 02-01-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7398203)
going down on a girl named Heather and finding out the hard way that her real name is Heath.

Have you seen "The Crying Game"?

DaneMcCloud 02-01-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7398200)
Yea, it all depends on your outlook. I fear jellyfish more than sharks. Not because of the chance of death being greater but the likelihood.

My daughter is terrified of sharks. But loves alligators. Odd.

Can jellyfish kill? I had a friend stung by a jellyfish years ago, but it was easily treatable and the pain went away in about 24 hours.

FTR, that was in the Atlantic and in nearly 18 years on the west coast, I've yet to see a jellyfish in the Pacific, nor hear of someone being stung. Of course, that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen, it's just I'm unaware of it happening regularly.

Saccopoo 02-01-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7398212)
Can jellyfish kill? I had a friend stung by a jellyfish years ago, but it was easily treatable and the pain went away in about 24 hours.

FTR, that was in the Atlantic and in nearly 18 years on the west coast, I've yet to see a jellyfish in the Pacific, nor hear of someone being stung. Of course, that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen, it's just I'm unaware of it happening regularly.

Man-o-war's have enough venom to do it, but that's about it. I've been stung by jellyfish a shit ton of times. Used to happen all the time as a kid when I was living in Maryland.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2011 02:54 PM

RT in the first round.

Marcellus 02-01-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 7398218)
Man-o-war's have enough venom to do it, but that's about it. I've been stung by jellyfish a shit ton of times. Used to happen all the time as a kid when I was living in Maryland.

I was doing some internet research and it says on Wikipidea (with a source) that Jellyfish kill 40 people a year in the Philippines alone. Thats crazy.

Sharks don't kill that many world wide per year, only 4, per the same source.

Here is an interesting link comparing Shark attacks to lightning. Anybody claim lightning as a fear yet? I need to add that.

http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/sharks...klightning.htm

JD10367 02-01-2011 02:59 PM

That the rep system gets reset and I.... awww, ****!!!!!!

Rain Man 02-01-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7398212)

Google "box jellyfish" if you dare.

When I was in northern Australia back in the 90s they had warnings up all over the place about box jellyfish, and had pictures in the hotel of people who'd been stung, just to drive home the point. They had more warnings about them than about the 20-foot crocodiles.

BIG_DADDY 02-01-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNFeisty (Post 7398195)
I don't fear cancer, I don't fear leaving my kids behind through death(even though I would hate it). What I do fear, is something horrific happening to my children and there won't be anything I can do about it, like a person taking them from me, an accident taking their lives. That is what I fear most in life.

God can allow anything to happen to me, but please have mercy on my children and let them lead a safe and happy life.

How old are your kids?

DaneMcCloud 02-01-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7398253)

When I was in northern Australia back in the 90s they had warnings up all over the place about box jellyfish, and had pictures in the hotel of people who'd been stung, just to drive home the point. They had more warnings about them than about the 20-foot crocodiles.

I did. Ouch.

I must admit, I'd be far more afraid of all the Great White's off the Australian coast, although now I'm afraid of being stung by a Box Jellyfish just before getting eaten by a Great White.

Thanks.

JD10367 02-01-2011 03:06 PM

Brown recluse spider bite on the dick.

Marcellus 02-01-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7398264)

What the hell are you sticking your dick in to?

The Franchise 02-01-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7398253)

http://images.nationalgeographic.com...82_600x450.jpg = http://lifeinthefastlane.com/wp-cont...atal-sting.jpg

Rain Man 02-01-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7398262)
I did. Ouch.

I must admit, I'd be far more afraid of all the Great White's off the Australian coast, although now I'm afraid of being stung by a Box Jellyfish just before getting eaten by a Great White.

Thanks.

I think a fast death isn't that bad given that at some point it's going to happen anyway, and a great white shark is probably going to be pretty fast. Not a lot of fun, to be sure, but fast. And think about the great story your descendants would have. "This picture is of my great-uncle Dane. He was eaten by a great white shark, and all they ever found of him was his Ray-Bans." Getting killed by a jellyfish isn't going to get your photo into a show and tell in 2054.

I'm still picking fire as the worst.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2011 03:11 PM

I think flesh-eating virus is worse than fire.

Although, if you actually had a flesh-eating virus you'd probably so high 99 percent of the time you wouldn't care. That would be my remedy. Constant high.

Otter 02-01-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

I think the taint would be worse. Imagine putting on your pants and there's a brown recluse spider in the crotch, there goes both the poke stick and the hiney hole.

Crossed my legs while typing that.

If you've never seen the effects of this spiders bite click here:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/itriage/goog...jpg?1269015413 (very unpleasant warning)

PS - they live in the states

Phobia 02-01-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noswad (Post 7398162)
Do you have someone in your family that has had this?

Childhood friend who is battling it now.

Gracie Dean 02-01-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7398285)
Childhood friend who is battling it now.

I am sorry.

Gadzooks 02-01-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

I got bit by a spider on my lower back once and a "Chips' Ahoy" size red mark instantly appeared. Within minutes the red mark grew into and angry ball of puss and my skin fell off (not all of it, just the skin in that area).
Initially, it hurt like a bitch but the remainder of the process wasn't bad at all. However that was just a shitty regular spider.

I agree with Mr. Rain Man. Fire is the worst. Just burning a finger tip can be exceptionally painful depending on the severity. Imagining having that pain in every nerve of my body scares the shit outta me.

JD10367 02-01-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zooks (Post 7398321)
I agree with Mr. Rain Man. Fire is the worst. Just burning a finger tip can be exceptionally painful depending on the severity. Imagining having that pain in every nerve of my body scares the shit outta me.

Well, not to tangent off into a "what is the most horrible way to die" thread, because that's really a different subject from "what do you fear most", but I'd think both burning and drowning would suck balls. But burning would suck more, for sure. I've had some nice 2nds (chest, arm) and those were bad enough.

Stinger 02-01-2011 03:38 PM

Lived it for about 20 minutes. Well sort of.....

Was at a golf pro-am in Florida brought the family and my parents. They put us up in some very nice duplexes on property right be the waterway. My family in one and my parents in another building only 25 yards from ours. I was just in the middle of a shower before a practice round when my wife burst in and says she can't find our 4 year-old daughter. I thought what .... she just has to be hiding or she is just playing. Talk to my 7 year old son who helped looked around the 2 story duplex. No sign of her anywhere. Wife runs over to my parents duplex no answer. I run around back and notice there is a public walking trail that goes along the waterway with at the looked like hundreds of people going in either direction. My mind is going crazy and I am trying not to panic. The neighbors in the next duplex came out after hearing me call for may daughter. They started in helping look as well. He goes down one way of the path I go down the other.

So all of this goes on for what seemed like an eternity, but more than likely about 20-25 min. I am just about to call the police when my 7 year old son comes around the corner and says I FOUND HER..... Everyone freezes. He goes in the back door of my parents duplex and she is watching TV in my parent room. She didn't like what my son was watching so she went to surprise nana and papa, and use there TV. They went into town for a little while so she said I am here so is the TV I'll just watch what I want to.

Wife burst into tears I am a wreck, and the daughter is trying figure out what is going on and will everyone be quiet down she is trying to watch TV. Needless to say thank God we found her and that it was only a practice round that day cause the golf game was not quite focused that day.

So yeah losing my Kid(s) is my biggest fear. To those who have lost or abducted kids my heart aches for them.

Otter 02-01-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zooks (Post 7398321)
I got bit by a spider on my lower back once and a "Chips' Ahoy" size red mark instantly appeared. Within minutes the red mark grew into and angry ball of puss and my skin fell off (not all of it, just the skin in that area).
Initially, it hurt like a bitch but the remainder of the process wasn't bad at all. However that was just a shitty regular spider.

When I was around 9 or 10 I was playing with firecrackers. I lit one and stuck it in a large oil barrel that only had the two holes on either side to let liquid/gas escape. Turns out there were fumes inside and when the fuse hit the fumes it exploded and gave me 3rd degree burns all up my left arm. The nerve endings must have been destroyed because where I was burnt badly I couldn't feel a thing. But where I was burned just 1st and 2nd degree it hurt like hell.

If it would have happened slowly like being trapped in a fire I'm sure it would have been a much different experience. But yeah, very unpleasant.

HotRoute 02-01-2011 03:41 PM

greatest fear = failure

worst way to die = being tortured to death while seeing my family murdered in front of me, and knowing that the people doing said killing and torturing will never be found guilty

RedNFeisty 02-01-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 7398258)
How old are your kids?

My son is 10, my girls are 4 and 2.

Gadzooks 02-01-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 7398336)
When I was around 9 or 10 I was playing with firecrackers. I lit one and stuck it in a large oil barrel that only had the two holes on either side to let liquid/gas escape. Turns out there were fumes inside and when the fuse hit the fumes it exploded and gave me 3rd degree burns all up my left arm. The nerve endings must have been destroyed because where I was burnt badly I couldn't feel a thing. But where I was burned just 1st and 2nd degree it hurt like hell.

If it would have happened slowly like being trapped in a fire I'm sure it would have been a much different experience.

Thanks man, I now no longer fear dying in a flash fire.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v3rhQc666Sg" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

JD10367 02-01-2011 03:44 PM

There are actually higher degrees of burn than 3rd, even. 4th burns muscle and requires grafts, and is often fatal. I think there's even higher numbers which go right to the bone, but those are fatal.

JD10367 02-01-2011 03:46 PM

Oh, I just thought up another good one: being hogtied in a strange basement and hearing someone mutter, "Bring out the Gimp." :eek:

DaneMcCloud 02-01-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotRoute (Post 7398338)

worst way to die = being tortured to death while seeing my family murdered in front of me, and knowing that the people doing said killing and torturing will never be found guilty

That's not a fear, that a movie script.

Otter 02-01-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7398347)
Oh, I just thought up another good one: being hogtied in a strange basement and hearing someone mutter, "Bring out the Gimp." :eek:

Wondering why the doctor is giving you such an aggressive prostate examine and turning around to find both his hands on your shoulders.

Phobia 02-01-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noswad (Post 7398287)
I am sorry.

He's awesome about it though. Best possible attitude. I'm inspired by him.

RedNFeisty 02-01-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 7398278)
I think the taint would be worse. Imagine putting on your pants and there's a brown recluse spider in the crotch, there goes both the poke stick and the hiney hole.

Crossed my legs while typing that.

If you've never seen the effects of this spiders bite click here:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/itriage/goog...jpg?1269015413 (very unpleasant warning)

PS - they live in the states

Browns are well known in Kansas. I have to spray twice a year to keep them under control. We have learned to shake all articles of clothing out and our shoes. Never let clothes pile up on the floor before being washed either.

suzzer99 02-01-2011 03:56 PM

Nuts crushed in a vice or with a hammer.

CHENZ A! 02-01-2011 03:57 PM

drowning or suffocation of any type. Insects and arachnids. gila monsters.