ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Fox Sports Poll: Who Should the Chiefs Draft at No. 1? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267890)

Ugly Duck 12-21-2012 04:14 AM

Fox Sports Poll: Who Should the Chiefs Draft at No. 1?

http://static.foxsports.com/content/...125155_0_0.JPG

Dec 20. It’s a very weak quarterback class. Matt Barkley is not a first round talent. Geno Smith is not worthy of the top overall pick. Using the NFL’s overall standings following Week 15, here's my latest top 32 and the places I could see college football’s top talent ending up.

1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, Offensive tackle, Texas A&M*

The Chiefs are due for a change at the quarterback position, that’s for sure. I’m just not sure that quarterback is in this draft. Make no mistake about it — there’s no Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III in this 2013 draft class. There may not be a Ryan Tannehill, Nick Foles, Brock Osweiler, Brandon Weeden or Russell Wilson, either. I’ll get clobbered for this and so might their front office, but I think Kansas City is better off acquiring a veteran quarterback (Alex Smith or Matt Flynn, perhaps) than rolling the dice on a rookie quarterback who’s unworthy of the top overall selection for the sake of drafting one. Joeckel is one of the most promising offensive tackle prospects I’ve seen in the past five years. Very athletic. Nimble. He was fantastic in Mike Sherman’s scheme and even better in Kliff Kingsbury’s. This may not inspire the fan base, but it’s a franchise cornerstone.

6. San Diego Chargers: Geno Smith, Quarterback, West Virginia

Before you freak out over this one, hear me out. I don’t think the Chargers have quarterback as the top position of need, but if Smith slips to No. 6, he’s certainly worth considering here. Philip Rivers will be entering his 10th season in San Diego come August and he’s not getting any younger. At the very least, Smith can add another look for opposing defenses to prepare for. Hey, this is taking a chance, as we don’t even know who will be coaching this team next year, but it’s worth the consideration. Smith’s not a sure-thing top-five pick in my eyes, but he’s certainly an enticing selection if you’re San Diego.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/M...-Werner-121812

AussieChiefsFan 12-21-2012 04:16 AM

"a veteran quarterback (Alex Smith or Matt Flynn)"

really?!

BryanBusby 12-21-2012 04:17 AM

hurr we need linemenz

Rausch 12-21-2012 04:19 AM

Do people just assume that since we've had horrid QB play we automatically need a LT?...

AussieChiefsFan 12-21-2012 04:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Poll:

007 12-21-2012 04:20 AM

JFC I'm getting so sick of this shit. If any other team has the #1 pick they would be saying QB.

Ugly Duck 12-21-2012 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9229053)
Do people just assume that since we've had horrid QB play we automatically need a LT?...

Rausch..... the man is a Football Expert....

BryanBusby 12-21-2012 04:22 AM

Before you freak out over this one, hear me out. I don’t think the Chargers have quarterback as the top position of need, but if Smith slips to No. 6, he’s certainly worth considering here. Philip Rivers will be entering his 10th season in San Diego come August and he’s not getting any younger. At the very least, Smith can add another look for opposing defenses to prepare for. Hey, this is taking a chance, as we don’t even know who will be coaching this team next year, but it’s worth the consideration. Smith’s not a sure-thing top-five pick in my eyes, but he’s certainly an enticing selection if you’re San Diego.

haha this guy is like legit reeruned

AussieChiefsFan 12-21-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9229058)

No

BryanBusby 12-21-2012 04:23 AM

5? Well no ****ing way holy shit what terrible value! 6th? Well what a great value.

Rausch 12-21-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9229061)
5? Well no ****ing way holy shit what terrible value! 6th? Well what a great value.

We win our 1st playoff game in 20 years and how valuable are they?...

Ugly Duck 12-21-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

He qualified his take on Geno going to San Diego at #6 by admitting that they would really be "taking a chance" picking him there. SD would "probably be enticed".... maybe...

AussieChiefsFan 12-21-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9229063)
He qualified his take on Geno going to San Diego at #6 by admitting that they would really be "taking a chance" picking him there.

:banghead:

Unsmooth-Moment 12-21-2012 04:30 AM

lol ffs

BryanBusby 12-21-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9229063)
He qualified his take on Geno going to San Diego at #6 by admitting that they would really be "taking a chance" picking him there. SD would "probably be enticed".... maybe...

Drafting a QB instead of drafting protection for the QB they already have who still has several years left isn't taking a chance, it's going full reerun.

lostcause 12-21-2012 04:55 AM

I CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR A FRANCHISE LT CORNERSTONE AT #1 OVERALL!!!

OMFG

LMFAO

LMFOMGAO

make it stop...

Rugby Thompson 12-21-2012 05:09 AM

This guy is honestly a moron, it's disgusting that he even has a job covering the NFL. These guys piss me off so much, they act like there's only 31 teams in the league and forget about the chiefs, but if it was any other team, he'd be putting a QB.

mdchiefsfan 12-21-2012 05:16 AM

What cracks me up about this is there's not even a Tanehill in this draft but if Smith slides to the 6th ****ing pick the Chargers should take him. Define talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-21-2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

ROFL I had this ready for copypasta. What a ****ing reerun this guy is to say we shouldn't take our chances, but hey, if you already have a franchise QB why not replace him? How do these ****ers get jobs?

the Talking Can 12-21-2012 06:23 AM

he's so dumb he could be a chiefs fan

Hammock Parties 12-21-2012 06:49 AM

Peter Schrager certainly has one of those assclown faces, and he didn't disappoint.

FlaChief58 12-21-2012 06:53 AM

Absolutly ****ing reeruned.

FlaChief58 12-21-2012 06:59 AM

This dumbass only has 2 Qbs bieng selected in the first round, Geno &Tanny (jets) he also has Teo slipping to 17th overall. I'm glad to see that Fox is ok with hiring the handicapable

siberian khatru 12-21-2012 07:00 AM

So Geno Smith isn't even as good a prospect as ... Brock Osweiler?

Molitoth 12-21-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9229134)
So Geno Smith isn't even as good a prospect as ... Brock Osweiler?

It's a wonder if people have even watched geno play.
It's like they look at WV team record and totally dismiss him.

KCDC 12-21-2012 07:03 AM

This franchise is going nowhere without a franchise QB. Alex Smith and Flynn are not franchise QBs. On their best days they are Kyle Orton masquerading as one.

We have no choice. We have to take the best QB. We have a solid LT. He can be franchised or signed. There are always LTs that "look like" Joe Thomas available in the top 20 picks every year. Geno will be gone by the 2nd pick regardless of what the so-called football experts say.

Saccopoo 12-21-2012 07:27 AM

Joeckel is not even close to the prospect that Okung, Solder or Costanzo were and add to that that it takes spread system college OT's a long time to adjust to the next level.

WTF?

And add to that that KC has Albert and can franchise him or sign him while SD, eith Rivers, has dog shit at LT, so he's got KC picking the LT and SD picking the QB?

Wow.

Just wow.

HemiEd 12-21-2012 07:29 AM

Lots of time between now and draft day.

Marcellus 12-21-2012 07:36 AM

Let me get this straight, while he admits KC needs a QB he says Geno isn't worth the #1 pick to KC but 5 spots later he is worth the #6 to SD who has Rivers?

Complete ****ing fail. How do these guys get jobs?

bevischief 12-21-2012 07:39 AM

JFC....

Rasputin 12-21-2012 07:43 AM

So Geno Smith isn't worthy of the number one pick but he is worthy to replace an established franchise QB with the 6th pick?

**** YOU!

KC_Lee 12-21-2012 07:46 AM

So what are the qualifications to create these mocks? Be a total dumb ass and write in LT for the Chiefs year after year after year?

Seriously, I want to know. I might be able to supplement my income by producing this level to utter crap.

AussieChiefsFan 12-21-2012 07:46 AM

Logic is so absent in this article it's unbelievable.

Agent V 12-21-2012 07:54 AM

Jesus. I wish I was paid to write uninformed bullshit. Must be nice.

htismaqe 12-21-2012 08:22 AM

This post has been reported.

I told people to stop posting SHIT from PETER ****ING SCHRAGER. I ****ING MEANT IT.

YOU DON'T ****ING LISTEN AND NOW YOUR ASS IS GONNA GET A VACATION.

Hammock Parties 12-21-2012 08:24 AM

LMAO

Now that's my kind of mod.

htismaqe 12-21-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9229260)
LMAO

Now that's my kind of mod.

He's actually lucky I'm not a mod or I would have banned him on the spot.

I reported the post to the mods though. 1 week minimum, I'm sure.

Dayze 12-21-2012 08:28 AM

Franchise OTs rule.
I'm not sure hwo much it's changed, but SB winning teams barely hve any 1st round lineman as starters.

I haven't revisted it, but I Think as of this past April-ish, I think there might have been 1.
1sts should only be used on (in no order); Pass Rushers, QB, CBs, WR, and possibly Safety. Playmakers that can change the game on a single play.

1st round lineman get you nothing in terms of moving closer to get to a SB.

HemiEd 12-21-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9229262)
He's actually lucky I'm not a mod or I would have banned him on the spot.

I reported the post to the mods though. 1 week minimum, I'm sure.

Seriously?

Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Where is the Christmas spirit? ROFL

ptlyon 12-21-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9229271)
Seriously?

Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Where is the Christmas spirit? ROFL

He spent most of the day yesterday without power. I wouldn't F with him today.
:D

Tribal Warfare 12-21-2012 08:49 AM

After Senior Bowl week if this shitty mock draft projection stuff is still happening with the Chiefs being slotted to pick anything but a QB I'm going to shiv a mother****er.

keg in kc 12-21-2012 09:17 AM

If he's worth rolling the dice at 6, he's worth rolling the dice at 1. Either way, drafting a middling tackle prospect certainly isn't going to be the move to turn the franchise around. Joeckel is not Orlando Pace. He's not even close. Hell, he's not even Jake Long. This is just the "safe pick" philosophy that should have gone out the door with the new CBA and rookie pay scale.

Brock 12-21-2012 09:20 AM

Remember when the Dolphins passed on Matt Ryan?

Garcia Bronco 12-21-2012 09:22 AM

The Chiefs haven't developed a Qb ever. It might be a good time to try.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12-21-2012 09:23 AM

Joeckel is the perfect LT prospect, but this is just dumb.

Garcia Bronco 12-21-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9229382)
Remember when the Dolphins passed on Matt Ryan?

Matt Ryan has never won a big game in his life.

Brock 12-21-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9229386)

Are you telling me he isn't a great QB? Are you telling me the teams that passed on him don't regret that decision?

Rasputin 12-21-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9229386)

Niether has Tony Gonzalez.

Coincidence?

I think not.

This could be their year?

I like their chances.

Matt Ryan is still young enough to improve his game. I'd say he is having a pretty pretty pretty good year.

Ugly Duck 12-21-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9229167)
So what are the qualifications to create these mocks? Be a total dumb ass and write in LT for the Chiefs year after year after year?

He didn't predict LT for the Chiefs last year & got almost every top 11 pick right or one spot away:

11. Kansas City Chiefs: Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis

Defensive tackle is an area of need and the Chiefs defense got bullied a bit at the line of scrimmage a season ago. I’m not a huge Poe fan. I’ve watched his tape and have yet to be blown away by what I’ve seen. He was outplayed by smaller opponents at Memphis. That said, he’s a physical freak of nature and a combine stud.

htismaqe 12-21-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9229295)
He spent most of the day yesterday without power. I wouldn't F with him today.
:D

ROFL

htismaqe 12-21-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9229385)
Joeckel is the perfect LT prospect, but this is just dumb.

No, he isn't.

Limited physically, good feet, nice technician. If there were a real LT prospect in this class, he'd be a mid 1st rounder.

htismaqe 12-21-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9229388)
Are you telling me he isn't a great QB? Are you telling me the teams that passed on him don't regret that decision?

Those two questions can be answered independently.

Hammock Parties 12-21-2012 09:34 AM

So Ugly Duck is now turning to the Chiefs not picking at Geno #1, since the Raiders can't be #1.

It must suck to be frustrated your team isn't shitty enough.

ptlyon 12-21-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9229409)

we've known that feeling all too well

Nightfyre 12-21-2012 09:41 AM

Joeckel isn't going to be as good as Albert. Pay the man, Pay Bowe, Draft Geno Smith.

Ugly Duck 12-21-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9229409)
So Ugly Duck is now turning to the Chiefs not picking at Geno #1, since the Raiders can't be #1.

I just don't have much left....

http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/Bobby_Sigh.gifhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0...f394o1_400.jpg

Garcia Bronco 12-21-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9229388)

I don't know what they regret and no he has not nor ever been a great QB. Sameting with Matt Schaub. They both suffer from McNabb syndrome. People think they're great, but they aren't. The only way they survive is rule changes to allow offensive production. A luxury that someone like Grbac didn't have.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12-21-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9229404)
No, he isn't.

Limited physically, good feet, nice technician. If there were a real LT prospect in this class, he'd be a mid 1st rounder.

Wrong. Played just 3 years in college at an elite level. Mike Sherman, who is a great o-line coach, saw enough of him to start him at LT his true freshman year. He's dominated since. He's also a tremendous athlete. Dude is babyfaced and not a roided out **** you'd expect out of a white LT.

htismaqe 12-21-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9229443)
Wrong. Played just 3 years in college at an elite level. Mike Sherman, who is a great o-line coach, saw enough of him to start him at LT his true freshman year. He's dominated since. He's also a tremendous athlete. Dude is babyfaced and not a roided out **** you'd expect out of a white LT.

He'll never be Branden Albert, Aggiefan.

Garcia Bronco 12-21-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9229396)
Niether has Tony Gonzalez.

Coincidence?

I think not.

This could be their year?

I like their chances.

Matt Ryan is still young enough to improve his game. I'd say he is having a pretty pretty pretty good year.

My comments are up to this point, sure they can win Super Bowls...I doubt it. I still think TG doesn't win a playoff game in his career. If he makes it to the Super Bowl and they aren't playing the Broncos...I'll be rooting for him

Brock 12-21-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9229442)
I don't know what they regret and no he has not nor ever been a great QB. Sameting with Matt Schaub. They both suffer from McNabb syndrome. People think they're great, but they aren't. The only way they survive is rule changes to allow offensive production. A luxury that someone like Grbac didn't have.

ROFL Idiots.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12-21-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9229445)
He'll never be Branden Albert, Aggiefan.

He'll be better. He's Branden Albert right now

Nightfyre 12-21-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9229449)

Bull ****ing shit. They are entirely different players asshat. Plenty of OTs have dominated at the collegiate level only to get their shit pushed in in the NFL. Quit spewing stupid-ass bullshit.

keg in kc 12-21-2012 09:53 AM

Was wondering when the first Joeckel homer would show up. Feels overdue.

htismaqe 12-21-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9229449)

ROFL

gochiefss 12-21-2012 09:55 AM

I still think Manti Teo will be the pick, and will be the right pick, then go OT in the 2nd rd, WR in the Rd, then look for a QB in the 4th or 5th rd, bring in a Alex Smith or Flynn and we'll be good to go

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12-21-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9229451)
Bull ****ing shit. They are entirely different players asshat. Plenty of OTs have dominated at the collegiate level only to get their shit pushed in in the NFL. Quit spewing stupid-ass bullshit.

LOL. I guarantee you people think that because he's a babyfaced white guy, that he's a soft, pass-blocking "technician" that can't dominate the run game. You'd be wrong. Go watch his tape in the Sherman days.

Tribal Warfare 12-21-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9229459)
I still think Manti Teo will be the pick, and will be the right pick, then go OT in the 2nd rd, WR in the Rd, then look for a QB in the 4th or 5th rd, bring in a Alex Smith or Flynn and we'll be good to go

the trolls keep rolling in

Brock 12-21-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Trollolololo

Rain Man 12-21-2012 09:57 AM

The other possibility is that we don't turn in our draft card and wait several picks until we decide that there's "value" in the draft.

Nightfyre 12-21-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9229463)
LOL. I guarantee you people think that because he's babyfaced white guy, that he's a soft, pass-blocking "technician" that can't dominate the run game. You'd be wrong. Go watch his tape in the Sherman days.

Man there is just no reasoning with stupid. I am done here.

ptlyon 12-21-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

BAN THIS ****STICK NOW!!!

keg in kc 12-21-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

As Einstein said, insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

gochiefss 12-21-2012 09:59 AM

Manti Teo and DJ will be a force at ILB for this team

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12-21-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9229469)
Man there is just no reasoning with stupid. I am done here.

I don't want Joeckel, you blob of cumshit.

Mr. Laz 12-21-2012 09:59 AM

If Geno Smith is worth the #6 pick for San diego, who already has Rivers, then Smith is worth the #1 pick for the Kansas City Chiefs, who need a starting QB.

especially with the new rookie salary slotting

gochiefss 12-21-2012 10:00 AM

I still like Baldwin too, he just needs some time to devlop, same with Dontari Poe and T-Jack

htismaqe 12-21-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9229463)
LOL. I guarantee you people think that because he's a babyfaced white guy, that he's a soft, pass-blocking "technician" that can't dominate the run game. You'd be wrong. Go watch his tape in the Sherman days.

I have.

And so have a lot of the scouts.

They all say the same thing. And they pretty much agree with me.

:hmmm:

Thig Lyfe 12-21-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9229478)
Manti Teo and DJ will be a force at ILB for this team

ILBs win championships

BigBeauford 12-21-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9229483)
I still like Baldwin too, he just needs some time to devlop, same with Dontari Poe and T-Jack

I bet Cassel just needs another year too. Get him another tackle and maybe another WR and we will be set amirite?