ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football What happens if the Colts get Luck? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251142)

lcarus 10-10-2011 10:45 AM

What happens if the Colts get Luck?

Will they trade their pick and stick with Peyton Manning?
Will they draft Luck and groom him for a season or two behind Peyton Manning?
Will they start Luck his rookie season and shop Peyton Manning?
How would Chiefs fans feel if we ended up with Peyton Manning in his latter years ala Joe Montana?

jd1020 10-10-2011 10:46 AM

They draft him and have Peyton teach him like GB with Rodgers. Manning is retiring a Colt.

OnTheWarpath15 10-10-2011 10:47 AM

They'll draft Luck, and what happens after that depends on Manning's neck.

They'll sit him until Manning retires if need be, they'll play him immediately if need be.

And they'll continue to be a phenomenal offensive team.

Dr. Gigglepants 10-10-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 7983548)
They draft him and have Peyton teach him like GB with Rodgers. Manning is retiring a Colt.

I think they are in a tough spot if they do end up with the #1 overall.

Pants 10-10-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 7983554)

LMAO

eazyb81 10-10-2011 10:49 AM

They take Luck and throw the biggest parade Indy has seen since they won the Super Bowl.

FringeNC 10-10-2011 10:49 AM

I don't think the Colts will get him. Painter looked too good. He looked awesome in the first half. They will win some games. I was flat-out shocked by the throws Painter was making.

Right now, the Rams are clearly the worst team in the league.

jd1020 10-10-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

I don't. It's pretty obvious that Manning is running low on gas and they'll need a new driver in 2-3 years.

Okie_Apparition 10-10-2011 10:50 AM

They'll have to wrestle him from Miami's cold dead flippers

OnTheWarpath15 10-10-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 7983558)
I don't think the Colts will get him. Painter looked too good. He looked awesome in the first half. They will win some games. I was flat-out shocked by the throws Painter was making.

The Rams have also played the toughest schedule in the league. It gets pretty soft around the mid season mark. I could see them getting 3 wins against Seattle and Arizona alone.

The_Doctor10 10-10-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 7983558)

So... You're saying the team with Sam Bradford is drafting Andrew Luck? To do what, run the A-11?

Otter 10-10-2011 10:52 AM

Should read 'what if colts get 1st pick'.

mcaj22 10-10-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unleash_the_Phury (Post 7983565)
So... You're saying the team with Sam Bradford is drafting Andrew Luck? To do what, run the A-11?

LOL

Brock 10-10-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Yeah, real tough. They'll have Manning to play another year or two and another franchise guy to replace him with. Just awful.

lcarus 10-10-2011 10:54 AM

I don't know. I think it's an interesting situation if they do indeed get the #1 pick. They could get a lot by trading out of that pick. Maybe they could get a shitload of picks or future picks for it, and draft someone else they like in the second or something?

FringeNC 10-10-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unleash_the_Phury (Post 7983565)

Andrew Luck will be the first guy taken in the draft. That's a 100% certainty, barring injury. Will the Rams trade the pick, trade Bradford, or what? Who knows, but Andrew Luck is going #1.

mcaj22 10-10-2011 10:55 AM

a team like the Rams or Panthers or even Eagles (who will all eventually win some games) would be VERY interesting if they ever got the 1st pick, because they would rake in a pot load of offers in terms of teams willing to give them the farm for the pick slot.

And would benefit greatly, as they obviously do not need Luck. Though the Eagles would draft Luck in a minute, because thats the type of shit that team loves to do

lcarus 10-10-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 7983573)
a team like the Rams or Panthers or even Eagles (who will all eventually win some games) would be VERY interesting if they ever got the 1st pick, because they would rake in a pot load of offers in terms of teams willing to give them the farm for the pick slot.

And would benefit greatly, as they obviously do not need Luck. Though the Eagles would draft Luck in a minute, because thats the type of shit that team loves to do

The Eagles won't even be close to the #1 pick in my opinion.

Nzoner 10-10-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7983563)
The Rams have also played the toughest schedule in the league. It gets pretty soft around the mid season mark. I could see them getting 3 wins against Seattle and Arizona alone.

The way Seattle has been dropping points on opponents D's I don't know about that.Of course we'll have to see what the injury situation is.

lcarus 10-10-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 7983578)
The way Seattle has been dropping points on opponents D's I don't know about that.Of course we'll have to see what the injury situation is.

Plus you never know when Lynch will go into beast mode.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ynn7VGY2Asc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Gigglepants 10-10-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7983570)
Yeah, real tough. They'll have Manning to play another year or two and another franchise guy to replace him with. Just awful.

If he comes back healthy next year, and is the Manning of old, they're going to kick him to the cub after the next year? No, but they might have to trade him at that point b/c you can't sit your #1 talent for 3 years, 2 maybe but for Luck even that is pushing it.

Now, if it comes out that Manning isn't 100% before the draft, yes it's a no brainer, but some of you aren't considering Manning's end of career legacy here. The Colts won't want to look bad, and they could be getting themselves into a situation where there is no way out if they take him.

I could see the pick being for sale if they get it.

Okie_Apparition 10-10-2011 11:13 AM

The Luck hype is getting to where the fans of the 31 other teams will just be cheering for him to bust. The pressure could do him in

lcarus 10-10-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 7983615)
The Luck hype is getting to where the fans of the 31 other teams will just be cheering for him to bust. The pressure could do him in

I'll be honest. If we don't get him (which..we aren't getting him) I hope he busts. It would be funny.

jd1020 10-10-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 7983613)
If he comes back healthy next year, and is the Manning of old, they're going to kick him to the cub after the next year? No, but they might have to trade him at that point b/c you can't sit your #1 talent for 3 years, 2 maybe but for Luck even that is pushing it.

Now, if it comes out that Manning isn't 100% before the draft, yes it's a no brainer, but some of you aren't considering Manning's end of career legacy here. The Colts won't want to look bad, and they could be getting themselves into a situation where there is no way out if they take him.

I could see the pick being for sale if they get it.

How can't you? He'll be making like 4-5mil a year.

Okie_Apparition 10-10-2011 11:16 AM

The pressure on a rookie QB to save a franchise has got to be a hell of a load to carry

Dr. Gigglepants 10-10-2011 11:18 AM

Why would you? I could see sitting him for a year behind Payton, but then what do you do? Payton has a great year, oh well, we'll just have the best QB prospect the league has seen since John Elway riding the bench for 5 years while Payton plays out his final contract.

5 years is hyperbole, but so is 3, Luck is ready to start right now, Payton has 5 years left. He could still be the Manning of old for all 5 of those years. If you throw multiple firsts and a lot of other picks their way, you don't think they would at least consider it?

vailpass 10-10-2011 11:19 AM

If you could choose between the two who would you rather see get Luck: Indy or Denver?

Pants 10-10-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7983637)
If you could choose between the two who would you rather see get Luck: Indy or Denver?

Is this a serious question?

jd1020 10-10-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 7983629)
Why would you? I could see sitting him for a year behind Payton, but then what do you do? Payton has a great year, oh well, we'll just have the best QB prospect the league has seen since John Elway riding the bench for 5 years while Payton plays out his final contract.

5 years is hyperbole, but so is 3, Luck is ready to start right now, Payton has 5 years left. He could still be the Manning of old for all 5 of those years. If you throw multiple firsts and a lot of other picks their way, you don't think they would at least consider it?

Rodgers sat for 3. Really ****ed his career up didn't it?

tooge 10-10-2011 11:21 AM

This is pretty much how it will shake out I'm guessing.
Miami and St. Louis will each be lucky to win one game. Certainly not more than that. The Colts will find a way to win a few. Then, if St. Louis gets the #1, they trade it to the highest bidder which could be either Denver, because Elway will have a double hard on for the best QB in a decade coming out of his alma mater. Miami, cuz they don't have crap, or Seattle for the same reason as Miami.
If Miami gets the pick, then Obviously they take Luck and he starts right away.
SOOOO, basically, we want Miami to suck worse than St. Louis. If Dungver gets Luck, it will be the worse thing that has happened to the Chiefs ever.

Donger 10-10-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7983637)

Why would Denver take Luck? They have Tebow.

Dr. Gigglepants 10-10-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 7983639)
Rodgers sat for 3. Really ****ed his career up didn't it?

I didn't mean it would **** his career up, just that they would be wasting him. Also, Rodgers wasn't even close to this hyped coming out of college. Shit, he slid to 25 or 26, he wasn't hyped as a franchise changer from day 1 like Luck is.

If anything, it looks like the 3 years helped Rodgers.

Pitt Gorilla 10-10-2011 11:24 AM

It is interesting that the Packers didn't have to suck to draft a franchise QB in the first round. Who is this (coming draft) year's Rogers?

Okie_Apparition 10-10-2011 11:24 AM

I feel sorry for any rookie QB to end up in Miami. That place is a mess. Then again knowing they can have Luck may bring in a top notch coaching staff

jd1020 10-10-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 7983643)
I didn't mean it would **** his career up, just that they would be wasting him. Also, Rodgers wasn't even close to this hyped coming out of college. Shit, he slid to 25 or 26, he wasn't hyped as a franchise changer from day 1 like Luck is.

Who cares what Rodgers hype was before the draft? How's he doing now?

Are you going to sit here and say that because Luck is so hyped up that he's going to come in and be as good or better than Aaron Rodgers?

vailpass 10-10-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7983638)
Is this a serious question?

Yes. I've seen people here absolutely lamenting the prospect of Indy getting Luck and ruling the roost for 12 more years. I wondered if those same KC fans would rather see Denver get Luck.

Dr. Gigglepants 10-10-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7983641)
Why would Denver take Luck? They have Tebow.

Luck and Tebow on the field at the same time??!

http://www.funnyqanda.com/images/boom-headshot.jpg

vailpass 10-10-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 7983643)

The depth of your football knowledge is simpy immeasurable. Tell us more.

jd1020 10-10-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7983651)
Yes. I've seen people here absolutely lamenting the prospect of Indy getting Luck and ruling the roost for 12 more years. I wondered if those same KC fans would rather see Denver get Luck.

Why would you rather see Luck in your own division? Ignorant.

Brock 10-10-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

That's a pretty stupid thing to wonder about. Would you rather see New England get another great QB, or Oakland?

KCrockaholic 10-10-2011 11:27 AM

I would absolutely HATE if Luck went to Indy. Nothing would piss me off more.......

If I had my way, I'd have Luck end up in either Miami or Minnesota. I could at least stand to see him on those teams. I'm still disappointed that we wont be getting him.

I'm serious, trade away the entire 2012 draft for Luck if we have to.

Pants 10-10-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

As much as it would suck to see him go to Indy, it doesn't even compare to the worst case scenario of Denver getting Luck.

KCrockaholic 10-10-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 7983645)
It is interesting that the Packers didn't have to suck to draft a franchise QB in the first round. Who is this (coming draft) year's Rogers?

Foles or Barkley?

I assume Landry Jones is the 2nd QB taken though.

Dr. Gigglepants 10-10-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 7983649)
Who cares what Rodgers hype was before the draft? How's he doing now?

Are you going to sit here and say that because Luck is so hyped up that he's going to come in and be as good or better than Aaron Rodgers?

Are you going to sit here and pretend that the general feeling all over this board is that he isn't? People aren't even arguing that fact anymore. It's a law of nature at this point.

All I am really saying ITT, is that the thought would cross their mind. That is all, throw the world at them and they will at least hesitate for 2.5 seconds before they say no. That is all, it was never meant to be a who is better type of argument.

jd1020 10-10-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 7983666)
Foles or Barkley?

I assume Landry Jones is the 2nd QB taken though.

Foles isn't a first round projection so it would have to either be Jones or Barkley.

jd1020 10-10-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 7983667)
Are you going to sit here and pretend that the general feeling all over this board is that he isn't? People aren't even arguing that fact anymore. It's a law of nature at this point.

All I am really saying ITT, is that the thought would cross their mind. That is all, throw the world at them and they will at least hesitate for 2.5 seconds before they say no. That is all, it was never meant to be a who is better type of argument.

The general feeling is that Luck is going to be a franchise QB. I don't think anyone is dumb enough to come out and say he's going to be the best QB in the NFL.

Mr. Plow 10-10-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 7983547)
What happens if the Colts get Luck?

They draft Luck and then hold onto Manning until he is a year from retirement and clearly on the way out. Then, the Chiefs front office will trade a high 3rd rounder for him and proclaim to all the Chiefs fans "WE HAVE PEYTON ****ING MANNING ON THE CHIEFS.....SUPER BOWL BOUND BITCHES!!"

vailpass 10-10-2011 11:34 AM

Manning may very well never play another down of football in his life.

Hoover 10-10-2011 11:35 AM

Indy will draft Luck and he will be the Jeff George of his era.

I think Indy is the worst place for Luck to land. Indy is OLD on both sides of the ball.

The offensive line is old up the center and inexperienced at the edges.

Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark are getting old fast.

They don't have a running back I'd want on our roster.

Defense has an aging Freeney, but not much else.

Luck needs to pray to God that he lands at a team with some young talent on it. If I were him I'd much rather end up in Miami, where its awesome to live, and you have some a LT and and other parts of the line in place for years to come. He also would have a nice target in Brandon Marshall. Who knows, Andy Reid might be his coach too.

Pants 10-10-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7983679)
Manning may very well never play another down of football in his life.

He'll try to at the very least. The fire in his eyes was burning with the heat of 2 suns yesterday.

vailpass 10-10-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7983689)
He'll try to at the very least. The fire in his eyes was burning with the heat of 2 suns yesterday.

No question, he will give it all he has.

Neck is a very very tricky thing.

Brock 10-10-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 7983685)

Stopped there. Painfully stupid.

chiefqueen 10-10-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 7983645)

(Insert Kellen Moore's mugshot here.)

Hoover 10-10-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7983698)
Stopped there. Painfully stupid.

George was an excellent passer who was on a number of shitty teams. Dude had all the talent in the world but not much to go with it. I think the same may be true of Luck if he ends up in a shitty situation.

Ming the Merciless 10-10-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 7983548)

This

notorious 10-10-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 7983806)
Dude had all the talent in the world but not much to go with it.

Like brains?

KurtCobain 10-10-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 7983561)
They'll have to wrestle him from Miami's cold dead flippers

This times a thousand.

SenselessChiefsFan 10-10-2011 03:31 PM

Dallas Clark will stop dropping passes.

whoman69 10-10-2011 03:59 PM

To me this is the nightmare scenario. The one year a QB comes along that is said to be able to replace Peyton, he gets injured. They won't take five seconds to make that decision. Much like the Pack when Favre was nearing the end you have to take that pick.

notorious 10-10-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 7984220)
To me this is the nightmare scenario. The one year a QB comes along that is said to be able to replace Peyton, he gets injured .

This.

I want to burn down Indianapolis.

O.city 10-10-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 7983685)

I think Indy is the worst place for Luck to land. Indy is OLD on both sides of the ball.

The offensive line is old up the center and inexperienced at the edges.

Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark are getting old fast.

They don't have a running back I'd want on our roster.

Defense has an aging Freeney, but not much else.

Luck needs to pray to God that he lands at a team with some young talent on it. If I were him I'd much rather end up in Miami, where its awesome to live, and you have some a LT and and other parts of the line in place for years to come. He also would have a nice target in Brandon Marshall. Who knows, Andy Reid might be his coach too.

Honestly, if I am Luck right now, the place I really wanna fall into IS Kansas City. Everything is in place for him to come in a win right away. It won't happen but we are set up perfectly for that.

crispystl 10-10-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 7983547)
Will they trade their pick and stick with Peyton Manning?
Will they draft Luck and groom him for a season or two behind Peyton Manning?
Will they start Luck his rookie season and shop Peyton Manning?
How would Chiefs fans feel if we ended up with Peyton Manning in his latter years ala Joe Montana?

The weed vs alcohol thread turns into the heroin vs pcp thread???

kysirsoze 10-10-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7984224)
This.

What sucks is they are shitty fans. They were basically San Diego fans until they got Peyton Manning. They didn't deserve him and they don't deserve Luck.

notorious 10-10-2011 04:54 PM

How many picks does NE have stockpiled? I would meltdown if they traded a few drafts to get Luck.

rico 10-10-2011 05:31 PM

If Luck does bust (which I am pretty certain he won't) will they still predict who will be the next Ryan Leaf on draft day or who will be the next Andrew Luck? Leaf wasn't receiving near the hype as Luck pre-draft, was he?

O.city 10-10-2011 05:34 PM

The more games we play and the more it is talked about, the reasons for not throwing this whole draft to get Luck start to dwindle. The WR on this team alone make this a perfect landing spot for Luck. If Baldwin turns out to be solid, not even great just a solid wr, our offense is in great shape.

IMO Pioli has no excuses for not giving up whatever it takes to go get Luck.

Sucky 10-10-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 7983647)
I feel sorry for any rookie QB to end up in Miami. That place is a mess. Then again knowing they can have Luck may bring in a top notch coaching staff

Their owner is gonna try and make a big splash in the offseason by hiring Gruden or Cowher.

Fritz88 10-10-2011 05:35 PM

I will have serious existential questions if they score two elite qbs in a row.

Fritz88 10-10-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7984327)
How many picks does NE have stockpiled? I would meltdown if they traded a few drafts to get Luck.

Rayn Mallet showed flashes of brilliance in the preseason. I don't think they will draft a QB. They will go for a WR.

O.city 10-10-2011 05:38 PM

I am already getting pissed at Pioli for not getting the guy and it hasn't even happened yet.

Discuss Thrower 10-10-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 7984416)
The more games we play and the more it is talked about, the reasons for not throwing this whole draft to get Luck start to dwindle. The WR on this team alone make this a perfect landing spot for Luck. If Baldwin turns out to be solid, not even great just a solid wr, our offense is in great shape.

By trading their 1st round pick over to whomever is #1 for the next 3-4 years?

With Pioli's record? Yikes.

Sucky 10-10-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7984224)
This.

**** the Colts:mad:

O.city 10-10-2011 05:39 PM

The Packers game last night is prime example for why we should get the guy. The Pack lost their starting LT, were without the RT, and Rodgers still lit up the Falcons.

O.city 10-10-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 7984435)
By trading their 1st round pick over to whomever is #1 for the next 3-4 years?

With Pioli's record? Yikes.

It won't take 3 or 4 first rounders I don't think. But yes to answer your post there is no way it happens.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-10-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Yeah... for this year which will be over by then.

crispystl 10-10-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 7984416)

**** it I'm going to get neg repped from orbit for saying this but if we have Charles and Berry I think were 4-1 right now. Don't get me wrong that doesn't mean I don't want a QB. I want one as bad or worse than anyone. Just an observation.

jd1020 10-10-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 7984452)
**** it I'm going to get neg repped from orbit for saying this but if we have Charles and Berry I think were 4-1 right now. Don't get me wrong that doesn't mean I don't want a QB. I want one as bad or worse than anyone. Just an observation.

We had Charles in game 1. Our run game has sucked ass compared to last year. The blocking hasn't been getting it done.

crispystl 10-10-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 7984454)
We had Charles in game 1. Our run game has sucked ass compared to last year. The blocking hasn't been getting it done.

Charles was killing Detroit early on. The Chargers game was close enough he could have put us over the top. Dude Jackie battle put up 100 yards yesterday I wouldn't exactly say the blocking hasn't gotten it done.

jd1020 10-10-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 7984475)
Charles was killing Detroit early on. The Chargers game was close enough he could have put us over the top. Dude Jackie battle put up 100 yards yesterday I wouldn't exactly say the blocking hasn't gotten it done.

Charles had 2 carries in Detroit...

crispystl 10-10-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 7984476)
Charles had 2 carries in Detroit...

Point taken. It seemed like more. Don't you think we would at least be 3-2 or 4-1 with Charles and Berry though?