ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Anybody have a Whole Foods Grocery Store around them? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105447)

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 12:49 PM

Anybody have a Whole Foods Grocery Store around them?

I have been doing more and more of this organic thing but it was really a pain and expensive. About a year ago they put in a whole foods grocery store down the street, I love that place. Not only are most things there organic but the price on similar products was found to be significantly cheaper than Safeway. I also love a place here called Trader Joes. I can get organic chickens there for $1.59 a pound and a dozen large organic brown eggs for only $2.99 If you have either of these stores around you should do yourself a favor and check them out.

|Zach| 11-30-2004 12:58 PM

I am pretty sure there is something of that nature around here but nothing large.

I remember when I was working at bowling center and a lady asked me if we had organic food in our snack bar. I told her that we didnt and apologized.

She told me how stupid this place was for not having it and how stupid I was.

If that is your kind of food then thats cool, I have no problem with that but don't expect food like that to be at a bowling center.

IT IS A BOWLING ALLEY LADY!

ok im done.

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 01:00 PM

Cage free farm fresh eggs are the way to go. Taste much better. Organic veggies and fruits also taste better. We have an Akins natural food mart here, plus another smaller local health food mart.

Donger 11-30-2004 01:00 PM

Organic food? As opposed to what? Synthetic?

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Hippy.

ROFL

I can do the organic thing for not much more than the regular stuff out there with the exception of of beef. Not only is it better for you but it tastes WAY better than that shit I buy at Safeway or Alberson's. MOF when I do all my shopping there I swear I spend less. As an example a half gallon of organic soy milk at Safeway is $4.99 I can get the same thing at whole foods for $2.99

morphius 11-30-2004 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
ROFL

I can do the organic thing for not much more than the regular stuff out there with the exception of of beef. Not only is it better for you but it tastes WAY better than that shit I buy at Safeway or Alberson's. MOF when I do all my shopping there I swear I spend less. As an example a half gallon of organic soy milk at Safeway is $4.99 I can get the same thing at whole foods for $2.99

Yeah, but who can eat a whole cow before it gets freezer burnt.

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
Organic food? As opposed to what? Synthetic?

No pesticide's on your fruits and vegtables and no antibiotics in your meat. Antibiotics are terrible for you.

Donger 11-30-2004 01:09 PM

Quote:

No pesticide's on your fruits and vegtables and no antibiotics in your meat. Antibiotics are terrible for you.

I couldn't survive without plenty of antibiotics for my meat.

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 01:10 PM

I heard the government puts flouride in our water as a form of mind control.

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 01:10 PM

Quote:

One time was w/ a buddy and he stopped by one of those types of joints...

"This is a good place to see some mid-40's lesbians."

"Uh, why would I want to see a mid-40's lesbian?"

"I dunno... but, if you ever did, this is the place to come."

Here are the only locations in Arizona for Whole foods.

Tempe
Whole Foods Market
5120 S. Rural
Tempe, AZ 85282
480.456.1490 fax
Store hours: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week. Jamba Juice open from 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
store calendar | view map | community info

Phoenix (Paradise Valley)
Whole Foods Market
10810 N Tatum Blvd
Phoenix, Arizona 85028
602.867.1598 fax
Store hours: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7 days a week.

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 01:12 PM

ROFL

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 01:12 PM

Only one in Kansas and one in Missouri
Overland Park
Whole Foods Market
7401 West 91st Street
Overland Park, KS 66212
913.652.9646 fax
Store hours: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. seven days a week.

St. Louis
Whole Foods Market
1601 S. Brentwood Blvd.
Brentwood, MO 63144
314.968.7734 fax
Store hours: 9 a.m. until 10 p.m. seven days a week.

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 01:14 PM

Well hell. I'm off to Overland Park.

cadmonkey 11-30-2004 01:15 PM

There is one being built down the street from me.

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 01:15 PM

ENDO,

You have Trader Joe's there though
• Ahwatukee
• Glendale
• Mesa
• North Scottsdale
• Oro Valley
• Phoenix (Town & Country) • Phoenix (Metro Center)
• Scottsdale
• Sun City
• Tempe
• Tucson (Wilmot & Speedway)
• Tucson (Crossroads)

Wine and beer is hella cheap there too you will love the place.

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 01:22 PM

They've also got lots of chutney.

NewChief 11-30-2004 01:23 PM

Our Natural Food Store is a local cooperative. Unfortunately their prices really, really suck. It's ridiculously expensive. I hate to wish for a big chain like Whole Foods Markets or Wild Oats to come in and put them out of business, but the place is so mismanaged that I almost wish it would happen.

In the summer the wife and I buy all our produce from the local farmer's market, which has quite a few organic growers. Organic is definitely the way to go.

The other good thing about organic farming is that it's providing a niche market for the small family-based farms to still succeed in the increasingly huge agri dominated industry.

Baby Lee 11-30-2004 02:31 PM

I go for Tazo brambleberry tea [the best potable on earth] and St. Albray cheese. Sometimes they put prime rib on the hot bar. 5.99 a pound for cooked prime rib. Yummy. Their everything bread is awesome too.
The other great supermarket in St. Louie [Kirkwood, actually] is World Foods. Every aisle is a country. England, Germany, Greece, Turkey, China, Cambodia, Korea, India, Ethiopia, Vietnam, Lebanon, etc., etc. Everything from gyro meat, to weisswurst, to 80 kinds of salted, smoked, or fresh fish, to Ribena. Wines and beers from every country. Even Durian if you are a masochist.

Eleazar 11-30-2004 02:34 PM

Damned if I'm going out to overland park to buy eggs that were laid on pillows or something.

Donger 11-30-2004 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
Ribena.

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Rain Man 11-30-2004 02:36 PM

Whole Foods has great food, but it's not convenient for us. I'll go there occasionally for a smoothie or to get some already-prepared food, but not often. Also, I boycotted them for several months since they have horrible parking at the nearby store. The last time I was there, I was waiting for someone to pull out of the only empty spot on the lot, and some old lady backed her car up toward me and kept backing until I retreated, and then she took the spot.

Donger 11-30-2004 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Whole Foods has great food, but it's not convenient for us. I'll go there occasionally for a smoothie or to get some already-prepared food, but not often. Also, I boycotted them for several months since they have horrible parking at the nearby store. The last time I was there, I was waiting for someone to pull out of the only empty spot on the lot, and some old lady backed her car up toward me and kept backing until I retreated, and then she took the spot.

The sketch:

(Sketch opens with a pan across Bolton. Voice of reporter.)

Voice Over: This is a frightened city. Over these houses, over these streets hangs a pall of fear. Fear of a new kind of violence which is terrorizing the city. Yes, gangs of old ladies attacking defenceless fit young men.

(Film of old ladies beating up two young men; then several grannies walking aggressively along street, pushing passers-by aside.)

Hell's Grannies

First Young Man: Well they come up to you, like, and push you - shove you off the pavement, like. There's usually four or five of them.

Second Young Man: Yeah, this used to be a nice neighbourhood before the old ladies started moving in. Nowadays some of us daren't even go down to the shops.

Third Young Man: Well Mr Johnson's son Kevin, he don't go out any more. He comes back from wrestling and locks himself in his room.

(Film of grannies harrassing an attractive girl.)

Voice Over: What are they in it for, these old hoodlums, these layabouts in lace?

First Granny: (voice over) Well it's something to do isn't it?

Second Granny: (voice over) It's good fun.

Third Granny: (voice over) It's like you know, well, innit, eh?

Voice Over: Favourite targets for the old ladies are telephone kiosks.

(Film of grannies carrying off a telephone kiosk; then painting slogans on a wall.)

Policeman: (coming up to them) Well come on, come on, off with you. Clear out, come on get out of it. (they clear off, he turns to camera) We have a lot of trouble with these oldies. Pension day's the worst - they go mad. As soon as they get their hands on their money they blow it all on milk, bread, tea, tin of meat for the cat.

(Cut to cinema.)

Cinema Manager: Yes, well of course they come here for the two o'clock matinee, all the old bags out in there, especially if it's something like 'The Sound of Music'. We get seats ripped up, hearing aids broken, all that sort of thing.

(A policeman hustles two grannies out of the cinema. Cut to reporter walking along street.)

Reporter: The whole problem of these senile delinquents lies in their complete rejection of the values of contemporary society. They've seen their children grow up and become accountants, stockbrokers and even sociologists, and they begin to wonder if it is all really...(disappears downwards rapidly) arggh!

( Shot of two grannies replacing manhole cover. Cut to young couple.)

Fourth Young Man: Oh well we sometimes feel we're to blame in some way for what our gran's become. I mean she used to be happy here until she, she started on the crochet.

Reporter: (off-screen) Crochet?

Fourth Young Man: Yeah. Now she can't do without it. Twenty balls of wool a day, sometimes. If she can't get the wool she gets violent. What can we do about it?

(Film of grannies on motorbikes roaring down streets and through a shop. One has 'Hell's Grannies' on her jacket.)

Voice Over: But this is not just an old ladies' town. There are other equally dangerous gangs - such as the baby snatchers.

(Film of five men in baby outfits carrying off a young man from outside a shop. Cut to distraught wife.)

Wife: I just left my husband out here while I went in to do some shopping and I came back and he was gone. He was only forty-seven.

Voice Over: And on the road too, vicious gangs of keep left signs.

(Film: two keep-left signs attack a vicar.)

Colonel: (coming up and stopping them) Right, fight, stop it. This film's got silly. Started off with a nice little idea about grannies attacking young men, but now it's got silly. This man's hair is too long for a vicar too. These signs are pretty badly made. Right, now for a complete change of mood.

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Damned if I'm going out to overland park to buy eggs that were laid on pillows or something.

Just find the cheapest place to buy organic eggs I only pay $2.99 a dozen. You really want to keep as many antibiotics out of your system as you can. Organic eggs shells are much thicker too and you tell right away that the bird that produced that egg is WAY healthier.

Baby Lee 11-30-2004 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Not a fan of overpriced, imported, Kool-Aid?

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 02:43 PM

Quote:

I go for Tazo brambleberry tea [the best potable on earth] and St. Albray cheese. Sometimes they put prime rib on the hot bar. 5.99 a pound for cooked prime rib. Yummy. Their everything bread is awesome too.
The other great supermarket in St. Louie [Kirkwood, actually] is World Foods. Every aisle is a country. England, Germany, Greece, Turkey, China, Cambodia, Korea, India, Ethiopia, Vietnam, Lebanon, etc., etc. Everything from gyro meat, to weisswurst, to 80 kinds of salted, smoked, or fresh fish, to Ribena. Wines and beers from every country. Even Durian if you are a masochist.

We don't have a World Foods here but it sounds good. You getting that tea at Whole Foods?

Donger 11-30-2004 02:44 PM

Quote:

Not a fan of overpriced, imported, Kool-Aid?

Considering I was raised on that crap, no. No I'm not.

Demonpenz 11-30-2004 02:44 PM

does whole foods have a mcdonalds in there?

Iowanian 11-30-2004 02:47 PM

There are a couple near where I live, but I never go.........they're pretty much reserved for broads who don't shave their armpits, the pony tails that date them, and the people who live in the local cult...i mean "community".

Eleazar 11-30-2004 02:49 PM

Quote:

Just find the cheapest place to buy organic eggs I only pay $2.99 a dozen. You really want to keep as many antibiotics out of your system as you can. Organic eggs shells are much thicker too and you tell right away that the bird that produced that egg is WAY healthier.

Well, I don't really buy eggs. It's getting to where I don't eat meat very often at all either. I do eat chicken, but as far as red meat, barely ever anymore. Not to sound like a hippie or anything, just don't really have a taste for it as much as I used to.

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Well, I don't really buy eggs. It's getting to where I don't eat meat very often at all either. I do eat chicken, but as far as red meat, barely ever anymore. Not to sound like a hippie or anything, just don't really have a taste for it as much as I used to.

I love Steak and Pork but I try to keep my intake down to once a week. Those pork shanks on the rotisserie rule.

Considering you don't eat much meat going organic should be pretty inexpensive if you find the right place. I was reading an article awhile back that was saying that organic demand is through the roof and there are many farms going that direction now to meet the demand. That is bringing down the price and I got to tell you I have noticed a big drop off in what I have to pay to get it here now.

Baby Lee 11-30-2004 02:59 PM

Quote:

We don't have a World Foods here but it sounds good. You getting that tea at Whole Foods?

1. The World Foods is not a chain. It is a great idea, primarily aimed at serving the immigrant population. It's geared towards people who are used to buying things in another land. They have, say, German versions of Kellogs Frosted Flakes or British versions of Skippy Peanut Butter, mexican mayonaise. 'Versions' isn't the right term, because it's not a knock off, it's actual Kelloggs or Skippy or whatever products, packaged for foreign lands.
2. Yes the Tazo comes from Whole Foods.

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 03:02 PM

Quote:

2. Yes the Tazo comes from Whole Foods.

I gotta try that I need to drink more tea and less coffee too

Baby Lee 11-30-2004 03:08 PM

Quote:

It's very strong on the blackberry boysenberry flavor with a tea base. Think a liquid version of a blackberry pie. Very tart.
Both Tazo and Honest teas are first rate. Both sold there. Also try their Yerba Mate and African Red Bush, .

NewChief 11-30-2004 03:16 PM

Quote:

Drink Chai. Oregon Chai. It's crack.

Half Chai, half soy milk. Serve over ice.

Baby Lee 11-30-2004 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief
Drink Chai. Oregon Chai. It's crack.

Half Chai, half soy milk. Serve over ice.

I have about 10 boxes sitting in my basement. Love that stuff, too. But it's a little more of a luxury than straight tea, with it's sweeteners and the milk and all. I wouldn't characterize it as a health conscious potable.

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 03:19 PM

Quote:

It's very strong on the blackberry boysenberry flavor with a tea base. Think a liquid version of a blackberry pie. Very tart.
Both Tazo and Honest teas are first rate. Both sold there. Also try their Yerba Mate and African Red Bush, .

I have the African Nectar right now, their tea section rocks. I will definately try those. I still like my coffee a couple times a week but I would be better off if I could drink tea the rest of the time.

NewChief 11-30-2004 03:29 PM

Quote:

I have about 10 boxes sitting in my basement. Love that stuff, too. But it's a little more of a luxury than straight tea, with it's sweeteners and the milk and all. I wouldn't characterize it as a health conscious potable.

Definitely not exactly healthy, nope. It's my pregnant wife's one vice now, though. She drinks the decaf stuff instead of coffee.

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief
Definitely not exactly healthy, nope. It's my pregnant wife's one vice now, though. She drinks the decaf stuff instead of coffee.

I get the Oregon Chai sometimes, lil momma runs a Starbucks so she brings that home for me occasionally.

Speaking of healthy dishes I am sitting down to some home made fully organic chicken soup right now with onions, parsnips, carrots, celery, 4 heads of garlic, roasted Anaheim chilli's, bokchoy, fresh basil, cillantro and mint thrown in to boot. I made a huge pot of this and was getting a bit bored with it being too healthy so I threw in a little smoked duck and 1 smoked brat I had left over from a party I threw this weekend. This soup is out of this world good.

mikey23545 11-30-2004 04:17 PM

Quote:

You really want to keep as many antibiotics out of your system as you can.

Why, does that give you more room for steroids?

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545
Why, does that give you more room for steroids?

I think you actually need to take as many antibiotics as you can possibly handle. I don't take steroids for the bizzillionth time.

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
There are a couple near where I live, but I never go.........they're pretty much reserved for broads who don't shave their armpits, the pony tails that date them, and the people who live in the local cult...i mean "community".

Thats what ya'd think..but really, "it just tastes better!"

mikey23545 11-30-2004 04:28 PM

Quote:

I think you actually need to take as many antibiotics as you can possibly handle. I don't take steroids for the bizzillionth time.

Geez, calm down...You need to switch from coffee to some of that hippie tea soon....

Calcountry 11-30-2004 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
Cage free farm fresh eggs are the way to go. Taste much better. Organic veggies and fruits also taste better. We have an Akins natural food mart here, plus another smaller local health food mart.

That is why everyone should have a couple of chickens. lmao. I would make more money to boot.

I try to tell em, that if you know what got fed to the chickens, then you would think raising your own eggs was a bargain.

A store bought tomato is to a home grown garden tomato;

as a store bought egg is to a free range egg.

Calcountry 11-30-2004 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
Yeah, but who can eat a whole cow before it gets freezer burnt.

No, but you could try a 1/4 side of beef. Just go to your local county fair when they auction off a steer.

Invest in a deep freeze.

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnytrdr
That is why everyone should have a couple of chickens. lmao. I would make more money to boot.

I try to tell em, that if you know what got fed to the chickens, then you would think raising your own eggs was a bargain.

A store bought tomato is to a home grown garden tomato;

as a store bought egg is to a free range egg.

I did, but Little Jerrys egg production has been very poor.

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian

This coming from the guy with all the digestive problems.

Calcountry 11-30-2004 04:41 PM

Quote:

ENDO,

You have Trader Joe's there though
• Ahwatukee
• Glendale
• Mesa
• North Scottsdale
• Oro Valley
• Phoenix (Town & Country) • Phoenix (Metro Center)
• Scottsdale
• Sun City
• Tempe
• Tucson (Wilmot & Speedway)
• Tucson (Crossroads)

Wine and beer is hella cheap there too you will love the place.

ROFL I don't think Delt could get past the liquor section long enough to enlighten himself to the benefits of good nutrition. ROFL

After all, he is young and doesn't have to worry about that chit. lmao.

Calcountry 11-30-2004 04:43 PM

Quote:

I did, but Little Jerrys egg production has been very poor.

Let me get this straight, you have ONE chicken and its name is "Little Jerry" ?

If I may ask, how old is little Jerry?

Don't worry, I own a feed store and was going to suggest some tips at increasing little Jerry's egg production.

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 04:46 PM

Quote:

Let me get this straight, you have ONE chicken and its name is "Little Jerry" ?

If I may ask, how old is little Jerry?

Don't worry, I own a feed store and was going to suggest some tips at increasing little Jerry's egg production.

I don't know. It could be because I throw a shoe at him every morning when he "COCK A DOODLE DOO's" me awake when the sun comes out.

Calcountry 11-30-2004 04:51 PM

Quote:

It got sunlight, which has vitamin D in it. It scratched arround in the dirt, which has minerals, it ate a fair amount of greens as it foraged arround, which have tons of vitamins in them.

What did the store Chicken egg get?

It got a 12"x12" cage to live in for about 6 months with artificial lighting on it so it would only sleep about 4 hours a day. It got fed a high protein mash that probably was loaded with ingredients or hormones that would stimulate egg production.

What happens to this chicken after the egg factory is done with it? Why it gets sold to Campbells soup of course but that is just the meat. The by products of the Chicken usually end up in dog food.

"Chicken By'product meal" is the government term for it, and many dog foods pass themselves off as "premium" simply because "meat" is the #1 ingredient, but "Chicken byproduct" is the #1 ingredient. YUMMMMY stuff for the dog.

Calcountry 11-30-2004 04:52 PM

Quote:

I don't know. It could be because I throw a shoe at him every morning when he "COCK A DOODLE DOO's" me awake when the sun comes out.

That would be a rooster dummass.

They don't lay eggs.

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 04:53 PM

Quote:

That would be a rooster dummass.

They don't lay eggs.

Well shit..that explains it. Guess i'm eating rooster for dinner tonight.

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 04:56 PM

Quote:

It got sunlight, which has vitamin D in it. It scratched arround in the dirt, which has minerals, it ate a fair amount of greens as it foraged arround, which have tons of vitamins in them.

What did the store Chicken egg get?

It got a 12"x12" cage to live in for about 6 months with artificial lighting on it so it would only sleep about 4 hours a day. It got fed a high protein mash that probably was loaded with ingredients or hormones that would stimulate egg production.

What happens to this chicken after the egg factory is done with it? Why it gets sold to Campbells soup of course but that is just the meat. The by products of the Chicken usually end up in dog food.

"Chicken By'product meal" is the government term for it, and many dog foods pass themselves off as "premium" simply because "meat" is the #1 ingredient, but "Chicken byproduct" is the #1 ingredient. YUMMMMY stuff for the dog.

You got to try some of that chicken soup I am talking about except your didn't have Bok choy and roasted Anaheim chille's in it. Yous did have that prociutto end in it though, I love doing it that way.

Calcountry 11-30-2004 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
does whole foods have a mcdonalds in there?

No, but there is a huge market for healthier fast food, that is for sure.

If you don't believe me, just take a look at the Jerod Subway ad campaign.

Calcountry 11-30-2004 04:59 PM

Quote:

Cockgobbler.

ROFL

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 05:00 PM

Subway is terrible. All bread sandwiches, with little prepacked slices of paper thin meat. No wonder you lose weight while eating them.

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 05:02 PM

Quote:

Subway is terrible. All bread sandwiches, with little prepacked slices of paper thin meat. No wonder you lose weight while eating them.

Subway used to be decent too a long time ago.

Calcountry 11-30-2004 05:02 PM

Quote:

Agreed, but the premise of my post was that the marketplace is ready for healthy alternatives to McD's and BK. Subways marketing department is just tapping into all the guilt that the fast food feasters have and stearing that guilt towards increased market share and higher profits.

Calcountry 11-30-2004 05:03 PM

Quote:

They're not all bread. They'll gladly give you half a pound of shredded lettuce with each one.

ROFL

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 05:04 PM

Quote:

Before they decided to become the "health food place" of America. fuck you Subway, I want half a pound of genoa salami, capucola ham, and provolone on my sandwich, with real olive oil and no fuckING VINEGAR!

Calcountry 11-30-2004 05:05 PM

Quote:

Honestly, I haven't eaten in Subways for about 2 years. There is a nice, old fashion Deli about 2 blocks from where I work. If I want a sandwich, I just call them up and tell them "the usual" and the lady has my sandwich memorized.

Calcountry 11-30-2004 05:06 PM

Quote:

Before they decided to become the "health food place" of America. fuck you Subway, I want half a pound of genoa salami, capucola ham, and provolone on my sandwich, with real olive oil and no fuckING VINEGAR!

Easy buddy, otherwise all that cholesterol and the attitude are gonna pop a vein. :p

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 05:07 PM

Quote:

Before they decided to become the "health food place" of America.

That was convenient don't ya think? Market health, keep the prices the same and cut your cost on making the product by 80%. I think they have like 20 different rolls you can get your lettuce on now though.

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 05:07 PM

Quote:

Honestly, I haven't eaten in Subways for about 2 years. There is a nice, old fashion Deli about 2 blocks from where I work. If I want a sandwich, I just call them up and tell them "the usual" and the lady has my sandwich memorized.

You gotta go way back like 20 years.

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 05:08 PM

Quote:

That was convenient don't ya think? Market health, keep the prices the same and cut your cost on making the product by 80%. I think they have like 20 different rolls you can get your lettuce on now though.

Yeah and they all suck. The bread is also terrible. They cover up the mushiness doughy crap they call bread with stupid names like "Parmesan Oregano Herb" and "Asiago Garlic". I don't want that, I want bread. White or wheat, firm, with little taste to it. I want to taste the meat, vegetables, and spices/oils, not the bread.

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 05:11 PM

Quote:

You can still get the plain ole white and wheat bread, too. They didn't discontinue it.

If you don't want the parmesan oregano bread, there's no need to bitch... just don't order it.

Their white and wheat breads also suck. Mushy and doughy. Not a true sandwich bread, but more like a freaking roll.

Calcountry 11-30-2004 05:11 PM

Quote:

they have to keep the preparation "formulas" simple enough for dumasses to prepare them.

This is the real reason why I don't go to Subways anymore. Once, I was ordering for my family, four DIFFERENT sandwiches.

I knew that the dumass couldn't keep track of four different sandwiches so I say, I will walk you through it one at a time. The POS insisted on taking 2 SW's with her. I g ive, No mayo on the Sour dough, and mayo on the white.

She looks at me with that dum stare and proceeds to wipe a big swath of mayo on both SW's.

Thats it, I said "FUG IT< you just can't listen can you?" I bailed and have never been back.

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 05:12 PM

Its like..why make the BREAD the focal point of the sandwich? Is the sandwich by itself not good enough?

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 05:15 PM

One more positive word about Subway and I will explode.

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 05:17 PM

Quote:

How is the bread the focal point?

Every sandwich I've ever ordered is named after what's inside the bread.

I didn't see a lettuce sandwich last time I went.

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 05:18 PM

Quote:

I have yet to say anything positive about Subway.

I merely don't harbor the irrational hatred for them you do.

Not to worry, tho. I happen to harbor irrational hatred for many other things...

I do have irrational hatred towards many things, Subway being one of them.

Homer Simpson: "I just hate them...so much!!"

Baby Lee 11-30-2004 05:18 PM

Quote:

One more positive word about Subway and I will explode.

Spicy Italian is the shiznit. :thumb:

Calcountry 11-30-2004 05:20 PM

Quote:

Their white and wheat breads also suck. Mushy and doughy. Not a true sandwich bread, but more like a freaking roll.

Sounds like you eat there a lot Saul? WTF?

I get a Turkey on Rye w/swiss cheese, extra pickels, mustard only.

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 05:22 PM

Quote:

Well, hell... that was twenty years ago.

ROFL Dude they used to make big freakin sandwiches fuill of meat back then. You could triple the meat now and still not be there. If I want a good sandwich I go the the Italian deli down the street. Not only do you get WAY more quantity but the quality is significantly better too. They make one of the best Philly Cheese steaks you will ever eat.

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 05:22 PM

Quote:

Jersey Mike's baby. Best sub chain in America. #13, mike's way, no fuckIN vinegar!

Saulbadguy 11-30-2004 05:23 PM

Quote:

ROFL Dude they used to make big freakin sandwiches fuill of meat back then. You could triple the meat now and still not be there. If I want a good sandwich I go the the Italian deli down the street. Not only do you get WAY more quantity but the quality is significantly better too. They make one of the best Philly Cheese steaks you will ever eat.

Best Philly cheese steak I will eat, in California?
:spock:

BIG_DADDY 11-30-2004 05:24 PM

Quote:

You just go there to see the little deli girl play with your pickle.

ZepSinger 11-30-2004 05:24 PM

Quote:

Well hell. I'm off to Overland Park.

The wife shops at this location every week, mainly for the stuff you can't get at a regular grocery store(healthy cereals, pasta and other foods not containing wheat gluten, hydrolized vegetable oils, corn syrup, etc.).

It's a bit more $$$ than other stores, but has some quality merchandise... 2 big thumbs up from the ZepSinger household!
:thumb:

Calcountry 11-30-2004 05:25 PM

Quote:

Jersey Mike's baby. Best sub chain in America. #13, mike's way, no fuckIN vinegar!

My sandwich is made by the owner of "Gerards Deli" here in my hometown about 2 blocks from my feed store.

Baby Lee 11-30-2004 05:25 PM

Quote:

Two words - Yellow Sub.

pwned!!!!