ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Who are the worst "big name" actors and actresses? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105911)

Rain Man 12-07-2004 02:45 PM

Who are the worst "big name" actors and actresses?

The Bill Pullman discussion brings this to mind. I have no idea how he has a job in the movie industry.

TheNextStep 12-07-2004 02:46 PM

Keanu Reeves.

Eleazar 12-07-2004 02:49 PM

John Travolta, hands down.

Ultra Peanut 12-07-2004 02:49 PM

Julia Roberts.

MichaelH 12-07-2004 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psicosis
Julia Roberts.

I agree, I can't stand Julia Roberts.

Eleazar 12-07-2004 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelH

Me either, her or her mouth that wraps all the way around to the back of her head. I swear she's got to have 600 teeth.

Ultra Peanut 12-07-2004 02:53 PM

Just imagine that unfortunate trainwreck of a child... Julia Roberts + John Elway = disaster.

jspchief 12-07-2004 02:53 PM

Colin Farrel.

He's what Brad Pitt would be if he couldn't act.

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 02:54 PM

I'd have to say Halle Berry. Mid-range eyecandy. But horrible casting decisions, too much reliance on her breasts for cachet, and such a weak-assed person in reality. Makes me barf. I'd rate her about as intelligent as Paris Hilton.

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 02:55 PM

Quote:

Just imagine that unfortunate trainwreck of a child... Julia Roberts + John Elway = disaster.

Didn't a Golooley take a tire iron to that child's knees a few years ago?

KC Dan 12-07-2004 02:55 PM

Easily Ben Affleck. Had it not been for co-writing that movie with Matt Damon & Damon starring, Affleck would be cleaning the Green Monster at Fenway Park.

Ultra Peanut 12-07-2004 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
I'd have to say Halle Berry. Mid-range eyecandy. But horrible casting decisions, too much reliance on her breasts for cachet, and such a weak-assed person in reality. Makes me barf. I'd rate her about as intelligent as Paris Hilton.

True.

That refrigerator isn't running fast enough to get out of the house.

Soupnazi 12-07-2004 02:56 PM

Kirsten Dunst.

Could I pay $8 for a supposedly good looking girl to make a marginally-reeruned face for 2 hours?

tk13 12-07-2004 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
The Bill Pullman discussion brings this to mind. I have no idea how he has a job in the movie industry.

Come on! Bill Pullman! His job as President in Independence Day was legendary! And come on, Spaceballs! You can't diss the lead actor in Spaceballs!

Ultra Peanut 12-07-2004 02:56 PM

Quote:

Didn't a Golooley take a tire iron to that child's knees a few years ago?

:clap:

Ultra Peanut 12-07-2004 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soupnazi
Kirsten Dunst.

Could I pay $8 for a supposedly good looking girl to make a marginally-reeruned face for 2 hours?

ROFL

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Dan
Easily Ben Affleck. Had it not been for co-writing that movie with Matt Damon & Damon starring, Affleck would be cleaning the Green Monster at Fenway Park.

I'd agree on Affleck, but I still want Kevin Smith to think I'm cool. :thumb:

JazzzLovr 12-07-2004 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNextStep
Keanu Reeves.

Agreed. His acting ability peaked with "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure."

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzzLovr

Are you forgetting the Shakespearian heights he reached opposite Malkovich in Dangerous Liasons? :rolleyes:

Rain Man 12-07-2004 03:00 PM

Quote:

I like Julia Roberts, but must admit that a child of that lineage would have tusks.

Eleazar 12-07-2004 03:00 PM

Quote:

Obviously you didn't see Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.

MOhillbilly 12-07-2004 03:00 PM

Brad Pitt. He sucks in everything and gets a shine on casue he has fantastic supporting cast mates.
Ever see a movie he was in where it was just him doing the work?

JazzzLovr 12-07-2004 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Obviously you didn't see Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.

:LOL: No, actually, I didn't.

shakesthecat 12-07-2004 03:02 PM

Angelina Jolie.

Lzen 12-07-2004 03:02 PM

William Shatner

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly
Brad Pitt. He sucks in everything and gets a shine on casue he has fantastic supporting cast mates.

Are you kidding?
Great in True Romance
Great in Fight Club
Great in Snatch.

MichaelH 12-07-2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNextStep
Keanu Reeves.

He was awful in Point Break. He should never, ever try to play a serious FBI agent. :shake:

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
William Shatner

Shatner is a self-aware hack. That doesn't count.

Demonpenz 12-07-2004 03:05 PM

Kevin spacey. Why can't he ever play a character that is believeable, like a homosexual.

MOhillbilly 12-07-2004 03:06 PM

Quote:

Are you kidding?
Great in True Romance
Great in Fight Club
Great in Snatch.

Sucks, he acts like hes trying to hard. And he had good actors and stories to cover up his suchassness in all 3.

Raiderhater 12-07-2004 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
Kevin spacey. Why can't he ever play a character that is believeable, like a homosexual.

Seriously? I think Kevin Spacey is a fine actor.

There are two, maybe three, Kevin Costner movies I like, but he really is over-rated.

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 03:12 PM

Quote:

Nobody from Glengarry Glen Ross deserves to be in this thread. :cuss:

j/k - I like Spacey, but can see where people would be irritated by him.

BTW - he did play a homo in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

Eleazar 12-07-2004 03:12 PM

Add Robin Williams to this list. No one has ever over-acted more than he does. Even when he's on Letterman or something he's overacting and he's about as funny as getting your pecker caught in a zipper.

stevieray 12-07-2004 03:13 PM

90 percent of Hollywood

jspchief 12-07-2004 03:14 PM

Quote:

Add Robin Williams to this list. No one has ever over-acted more than he does. Even when he's on Letterman or something he's overacting and he's about as funny as getting your pecker caught in a zipper.

Jim Carrey takes exception to those comments.

Raiderhater 12-07-2004 03:14 PM

Quote:

Add Robin Williams to this list. No one has ever over-acted more than he does.

It's just his personality. He is best left to comedy. There, the over-acting is a plus for him.

jspchief 12-07-2004 03:15 PM

Renee Zellweger.

I can't stand her.

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 03:15 PM

Quote:

He was picture perfect, and subdued even, in Good Will Hunting.

jspchief 12-07-2004 03:17 PM

Quote:

He was picture perfect, and subdued even, in Good Will Hunting.

I can't even fathom the self-restraint that was required of him.

Raiderhater 12-07-2004 03:18 PM

Speaking of Costner, I just rented The Last Samuri about a week ago. Did anyone else find it to basically be a remake of Dances with Wolves?

Demonpenz 12-07-2004 03:18 PM

I was kidden about spacey. he is a good. Since i know what too much about movies. I will try to come up with a good one. I might try to make a case that tom hanks is overated.

Demonpenz 12-07-2004 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderhader
Speaking of Costner, I just rented The Last Samuri about a week ago. Did anyone else find it to basically be a remake of Dances with Wolves?

www.snopes.com/danceswithsamuri

Raiderhater 12-07-2004 03:19 PM

Quote:

I was kidden about spacey. he is a good. Since i know what too much about movies. I will try to come up with a good one. I might try to make a case that tom hanks is overated.

Uh yeah, good luck with that.

TNTEICHER 12-07-2004 03:19 PM

I'm a little surprised at some of these answers Brad Pit and Keven Spacey? Are you kidding me?

Nobody has mentioned Drew Barrymore. Damn poor actress. If it wasn't for the family name she'd be serving me my Big Mac.

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
I can't even fathom the self-restraint that was required of him.

If you haven't seen GWH, you owe it to yourself.

Wile_E_Coyote 12-07-2004 03:24 PM

I don't know how many times I have thought, that sounds like a good movie. Read the credits see Steven Seagal's name & flip the channel. I can't stand him

Frankie 12-07-2004 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Dan

So far the best answer. Affleck's acting belongs in cable B-movies only.

Demonpenz 12-07-2004 03:25 PM

i know who is underated Don Cheadle

Demonpenz 12-07-2004 03:26 PM

see maybe i read the topic wrong, but i am thinking about overated actors. I just think of it as common knowledge that K. Reeves, Segal, van damn, etc are bad actors.

Dallas Chief 12-07-2004 03:27 PM

I agree MO. Brad Pitt blows. Except as Floyd in True Romance

Eleazar 12-07-2004 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wile_E_Coyote
I don't know how many times I have thought, that sounds like a good movie. Read the credits see Steven Seagal's name & flip the channel. I can't stand him

I wish I could get a tape of him hosting Saturday Night Live. I think someone else had backed out at the last minute, but it was hilarious. The guy can't act his way out of a paper bag.

Frankie 12-07-2004 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelH

When it comes to Julia, "standing" is the furthest thought in my mind.
;)

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-07-2004 03:29 PM

Over-rated...

Jack Nicholson...playing the same charactor with the same speech pattern in every movie CAN make you a legend. I know some will say he was different in "Anger Management" and that stupid movie with Helen Hunt... "As Good As It Gets...?".... but no he wasn't. He was just slower than usual in one and faster than usual in the other.

Brad Pitt...good thing he's pretty

John Revolting...just basically stupid

Halle Berry...good thing she's pretty

Cameron Diaz...ugly AND can't act her way out of a phone booth

Kevin Costner...although, does anyone really think he's good anymore anyway?

Ben Affleck... the worst, period. I've seen more convincing implants on Anna Nicole.

Frankie 12-07-2004 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
Come on! Bill Pullman! His job as President in Independence Day was legendary! And come on, Spaceballs! You can't diss the lead actor in Spaceballs!

BP is not that bad. There are many who are much worse.

Eleazar 12-07-2004 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me
Brad Pitt...good thing he's pretty

Cameron Diaz...ugly

And you wonder why we all wonder about you.

:thailor:

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-07-2004 03:31 PM

UNDER-rated...

Oliver Platt...can do anything

Sam Neil... ditto

Ed Harris...ditto

Kiefer Sutherland...ditto

The Rick 12-07-2004 03:32 PM

Quote:

i know who is underated Don Cheadle

I agree... :thumb:

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-07-2004 03:32 PM

Quote:

And you wonder why we all wonder about you.

:thailor:

Cameron Diaz looks like she's been punched in the face repeatedly. She reminds me of a pug dog.

Demonpenz 12-07-2004 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderhader
Uh yeah, good luck with that.

Tom hanks is a system actor, thats the only reason he is good. Hell if I got to act with the people he acts with i would have racked up 2 oscars by now.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-07-2004 03:34 PM

Another OVER-rated...How could I forget Samuel L. Jackson...

Raiders

Demonpenz 12-07-2004 03:35 PM

overated ashley judd

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 03:36 PM

Quote:

overated ashley judd

Rate that shit right onto my lap. :thumb:

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-07-2004 03:36 PM

I love Ashley Judd.... but I agree... not a superior actress... That's reminds me though....

MORGAN FREEMAN = excellent.

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 03:37 PM

Quote:

Another OVER-rated...How could I forget Samuel L. Jackson...

Raiders

Now that's just plain stupid.

Lzen 12-07-2004 03:37 PM

Quote:

Are you kidding?
Great in True Romance
Great in Fight Club
Great in Snatch.

Brad Pitt was great in Fight Club.
He was also good in Seven. Never saw the other ones you mentioned.

Quote:

I thought he was good in Good Will Hunting. Also, have you seen one hour photo? Pretty different role for him but he had me convinced that he was a whacko. Kinda makes you think when you take your film in to be developed now. :eek:

JazzzLovr 12-07-2004 03:37 PM

Quote:

Kiefer Sutherland...ditto

I started renting episodes of "24" from NetFlix a few months ago. I was hooked before the end of the first episode.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-07-2004 03:38 PM

Quote:

Now that's just plain stupid.

He's a wannbe tough guy who just like Nicholson, has never played more than one character over and over and over and........

JazzzLovr 12-07-2004 03:39 PM

Quote:

I thought he was good in Good Will Hunting. Also, have you seen one hour photo? Pretty different role for him but he had me convinced that he was a whacko. Kinda makes you think when you take your film in to be developed now. :eek:

I nearly forgot I was watching Robin Williams when I saw One Hour Photo. Yikes.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-07-2004 03:40 PM

Quote:

I started renting episodes of "24" from NetFlix a few months ago. I was hooked before the end of the first episode.

Kiefer can kick ass as a tough guy in movies like The Lost Boys and Stand By Me....then be a convincing nice-guy weakling in Heartland. He's the man.

Lzen 12-07-2004 03:40 PM

Speaking of Samuel Jackson. Talk about some cheese in the movie, Shaft. Oh wait, that was for another thread.

Saulbadguy 12-07-2004 03:40 PM

Jennifer Anniston. She plays the exact same character in every movie. She has no range.

Frankie 12-07-2004 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly

I'm not a Pitt fan either, and don't see what the big deal is. I don't think he's even good looking. Evidently ladies do. :shrug:

Another actor that fits the above comment is Leonardo Di Caprio. WTF IS THE BIG DEAL WITH THESE GUYS?!

That said, despite my earlier reservations about Brad Pitt cast as Achilles, I thought he did a pretty credible job in Troy.

Demonpenz 12-07-2004 03:40 PM

Phillip seymore hoffman is great in all the movies he is in.

Saulbadguy 12-07-2004 03:42 PM

Brad Pitt=great in fight club, and 12 monkeys

Leonardo DiCaprio=awesome in "Catch me if you can"

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 03:42 PM

Quote:

Brad Pitt was great in Fight Club.
He was also good in Seven. Never saw the other ones you mentioned.

If you liked Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, or maybe even if you liked Trainspotting, you'll like Snatch. Same cockney, lower class, broad humor with inscrutible accents.
If you liked Pulp Fiction, and like Christian Slater, Christopher Walken, Patricia Arquette [at her hottest], Dennis Hopper and James Gandolfini, I'd say run, don't walk, to pick up True Romance. Tarantino written and Tony Scott directed.

Rain Man 12-07-2004 03:43 PM

Quote:

Tom hanks is a system actor, thats the only reason he is good. Hell if I got to act with the people he acts with i would have racked up 2 oscars by now.

http://img.slate.msn.com/media/10300...way_wilson.jpg

Wilson carried Cast Away.

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 03:44 PM

Quote:

Phillip seymore hoffman is great in all the movies he is in.

Did you see Love Liza? Whattafuggin messed up movie. Dude's wife commits suicide and leaves a note. PSH can't open the envelope and spends his days huffing gasoline instead.

JazzzLovr 12-07-2004 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man

ROFL

MOhillbilly 12-07-2004 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
I'm not a Pitt fan either, and don't see what the big deal is. I don't think he's even good looking. Evidently ladies do. :shrug:

Holyhell did we just agree on something?
Yeah my girl grins like a goofy teenager anytime we watch a BP movie. Some would say this is why i dislike him,but i thought he sucked long before i hooked up w/ this one.

Frankie 12-07-2004 03:45 PM

Quote:

Nobody from Glengarry Glen Ross deserves to be in this thread.

Damn :banghead: I have to agree with you. What a strong acting clinic GGR was... :thumb: :thumb: ... Wow.