ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   So Any Of You Near Clearwater FL? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105988)

Bwana 12-08-2004 05:04 PM

So Any Of You Near Clearwater FL?

I just picked up a new gig and have to fly down there for three weeks for some training. The car business can now OFFICIALLY Kiss my ass! :)

Rain Man 12-08-2004 05:07 PM

What Endelt said.

Bwana 12-08-2004 05:09 PM

I landed a job with a major media research corp, I am the regional manager for Montana, Wyoming, a small part of Kansas, and part of Nebraska.

Bwana 12-08-2004 05:11 PM

Time for a fat steak and some cocktails tonight!

Rain Man 12-08-2004 05:11 PM

It sounds to me like you're going to need a market and demographic research firm to do your fieldwork.

What are you going to be doing, if I may ask?

Bwana 12-08-2004 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
It sounds to me like you're going to need a market and demographic research firm to do your fieldwork.

Check smoke.

Donger 12-08-2004 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
I just picked up a new gig and have to fly down there for three weeks for some training. The car business can now OFFICIALLY Kiss my ass! :)

Congratulations!

Donger 12-08-2004 05:14 PM

Quote:

Sell it, whore!

Bwana 12-08-2004 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Indeed. Congratulations.

Thanks Brian! I am just SOOOO glad to be out of the car business. I went from waking up every day loving it, to waking up every day hating it. This will be a fantastic change.

Rain Man 12-08-2004 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
Sell it, whore!

I'm like a shark with blood in the water, aren't I?

Bwana 12-08-2004 05:16 PM

Quote:

Do you do any work with them?

Eleazar 12-08-2004 05:16 PM

Congrats Bwana, least you won't have to put up with any women trying to return cars they have blown up now :)

stumppy 12-08-2004 05:16 PM

I thought you might just try and wing it on your museum profits.
http://www.angelfire.com/id2/tower7/BwanaMuseum.htm

ROFL

stumppy 12-08-2004 05:17 PM

OH yea, congrats on the new gig.:thumb:

Donger 12-08-2004 05:19 PM

Quote:

Must suck having to keep moving constantly. I'd never want to be a shark.

Rain Man 12-08-2004 05:24 PM

Quote:

Do you do any work with them?

Sharks? No.

Oh. You mean your new company? I haven't, actually. We certainly could, and we've done some of the same types of work, but I think they do all of their research internally, dammit.

Let me know if you've got any "stupid questions" that you're afraid to ask at work.

Bwana 12-08-2004 05:25 PM

Quote:

Sharks? No.

Oh. You mean your new company? I haven't, actually. We certainly could, and we've done some of the same types of work, but I think they do all of their research internally, dammit.

Let me know if you've got any "stupid questions" that you're afraid to ask at work.

Fair enough....... :thumb:

Rain Man 12-08-2004 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Be sure to post them all here so we can point and laugh at him.

He just e-mailed me and asked me what a major media research corp. does.

Bwana 12-08-2004 05:32 PM

Quote:

He just e-mailed me and asked me what a major media research corp. does.

LOL........Riiiiiiiiiiight. ROFL

PastorMikH 12-08-2004 05:37 PM

Quote:

I landed a job with a major media research corp, I am the regional manager for Montana, Wyoming, a small part of Kansas, and part of Nebraska.

Great. :rolleyes: Now we gotta put up with Bwana making up wierd polls and using us (for free) to help him with his research too.

BTW, Congrats Bwana!

Bwana 12-08-2004 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It looks like it's by Tampa and St. Petersburg. Not a bad place to be with the January weather in Montana for three weeks. FL is one of the only states I haven't been in.

Donger 12-08-2004 05:42 PM

Quote:

It looks like it's by Tampa and St. Petersburg. Not a bad place to be with the January weather in Montana for three weeks. FL is one of the only states I haven't been in.

Clearwater's a pretty nice town. Like every large metro, there are places to avoid. IIRC, parts of Pinellas Park were pretty rough.

PastorMikH 12-08-2004 05:43 PM

I fishing pole or two are essentials on a trip to FL!

Bwana 12-08-2004 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
Clearwater's a pretty nice town. Like every large metro, there are places to avoid. IIRC, parts of Pinellas Park were pretty rough.

After some the of places I have been in at night in NJ and Baltimore, I have no fear about FL. :)

Bwana 12-08-2004 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH
I fishing pole or two are essentials on a trip to FL!

Now that's a good point! I wonder what hangs out in those waters?

2bikemike 12-08-2004 05:51 PM

Wow congrats Greg! Best of luck with the new gig. I hope it doesn't interfere with your outdoorsman activities.

big nasty kcnut 12-08-2004 05:56 PM

congrat on the new gig and remember not to shoot any alligator while your in florida.

Rain Man 12-08-2004 05:57 PM

Quote:

After some the of places I have been in at night in NJ and Baltimore, I have no fear about FL. :)

You'll think differently when some sunburned gang of Jewish seniors backs you up into an alley.

Bwana 12-08-2004 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike
Wow congrats Greg! Best of luck with the new gig. I hope it doesn't interfere with your outdoorsman activities.

I will be packing when traveling. :hmmm: You never know when that GIANT buck will just pop up.

PastorMikH 12-08-2004 08:52 PM

Quote:

Now that's a good point! I wonder what hangs out in those waters?

I know they have some BIG bass. Then there are all kinds of ocean fish to go for.

Oh, and ditto what kcnut said (sorta) don't get caught shooting any aligators.

:thumb:

COchief 12-08-2004 10:43 PM

I just moved back to CO from Tampa in June, you will like clearwater beach in January. Let me know if want any ideas for entertainment. Floridachief also lives in Tampa fyi.

Inspector 12-08-2004 10:47 PM

Congrats!!

And just when I was getting ready to buy a whole bunch of cars in Montana.....

Bwana 12-09-2004 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector
Congrats!!

And just when I was getting ready to buy a whole bunch of cars in Montana.....

LOL, how about a fine quarter horse? :)

KC Jones 12-09-2004 01:17 AM

Congrats!

Here's some scoop for you on Clearwater...

It's near Tampa - which probably has the highest number of strip clubs per capita os any other city in the US. :thumb:

However it's in Clearwater, which is the home of the church of Scientology. So, I hope your 3 weeks of training aren't a brainwashing session and that your new company isn't one of their many fronts. :eek:

DaKCMan AP 12-09-2004 01:27 AM

Clearwater is a generally very nice area. Right next to Tampa, about 1-2hrs from Orlando, 2hrs from Gainesville and about 4-5hrs from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.

mikey23545 12-09-2004 03:37 AM

Congrats, Bwana....Good luck on your new beginning!

Chief Henry 12-09-2004 08:42 AM

Nice going Bwana, Clearwater beach is fantastic. We've been their twice before. If you go to that beach take some bread or chips, the Seagulls will come right up to you and dam near expect your food.
My 9 year old nephew was not paying attention one time with his chip in his hand and a seagull came right up and took it from him....it was very funny. Yes we saw some Thongs too, but the best Thongs in Florida are over at Southbeach in miami.... :) I'll never forget that Orange Bowl experiance between Iowa and USC, what football game !!!

Near Palm Harbor their is a Greek area. Its pretty cool to go to that area. You can watch how they harvest sponges from the ocean floor and things like that. Sure its a tourist area, but coming from Wyoming or Iowa, how often do you get to see the real Sponge Bob....

Get some sun screen.

RedNFeisty 12-09-2004 08:49 AM

Congrats!! Florida is awesome! Spend as much time outside as possible!! Oh, Florida also has some of the best strip clubs, the girls just rock in Florida!!

Otter 12-09-2004 09:12 AM

Well there goes the tri-monthy steak, shrimp, beer and gambling meet up.

:deevee:

You better bring home a nice big present when you come back to Montana and the misses with a tan in January.

:thumb:

HC_Chief 12-09-2004 09:20 AM

Awesome... wish I was going with you :D
Clearwater beach is very nice. There are a couple really good seafood restaurants in the area... excellent grouper.