ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How About... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106419)

TBF 12-14-2004 02:24 PM

How About...

Putting a big "L" in the broncos loss column for us next Sunday...

As you can probably tell, I'm a Charger Fan...We need to clinch as soon as possible so I can stop freaking worrying and causing undo stress upon myself...You know we don't get this feeling in San Diego often, so how about getting your team pumped for another win.

You're offense looked impresive yesterday...

Keep it up...

TBF

ptlyon 12-14-2004 02:26 PM

We will do our best to put the Donx out of the playoffs.

munkey 12-14-2004 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBF
We need to clinch as soon as possible so I can stop freaking worrying and causing undo stress upon myself...
TBF

:spock:

|Zach| 12-14-2004 02:28 PM

We will to everything we can to expedite your early exit from the playoffs

Hammock Parties 12-14-2004 02:30 PM

Don't worry. You guys aren't going anywhere either.

Bwana 12-14-2004 02:31 PM

It is our goal........

MichaelH 12-14-2004 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBF
We need to clinch as soon as possible so I can stop freaking worrying and causing undo stress upon myself

Please don't hurt yourself over it!

:)

TBF 12-14-2004 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserName

I'm pretty sure we're going to the playoffs, we are 10-3 with a trip to Cleveland...

I don't know if we have what it takes to win on the road in the P.O.s but I like our chances at home versus B-Mo, NYJ or DEN...

First things first though...Kick the crap out of Denver...

TBF

Baby Lee 12-14-2004 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBF

As you can probably tell, I'm a Charger Fan...We need to clinch as soon as possible so I can stop freaking worrying and causing undo stress upon myself...You know we don't get this feeling in San Diego often, so how about getting your team pumped for another win.

Keep it up...

TBF

Yeah, a poster named TBF, with no signature, avatar or user text, makes his first post, rooting for a Bronco's loss. It SCREAMED "I bet he's a Chargers fan!!!"

Just ribbin' ya.

Hammock Parties 12-14-2004 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBF
I'm pretty sure we're going to the playoffs, we are 10-3 with a trip to Cleveland...

I don't know if we have what it takes to win on the road in the P.O.s but I like our chances at home versus B-Mo, NYJ or DEN...

First things first though...Kick the crap out of Denver...

TBF

You have no shot against anyone in the playoffs. Understand this now.

TBF 12-14-2004 02:58 PM

Quote:

You have no shot against anyone in the playoffs. Understand this now.

Sounds like homer speak to me...What are you basing this on?

I came to YOUR Board in peace...I'm game for debate...

TBF

TBF 12-14-2004 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
Yeah, a poster named TBF, with no signature, avatar or user text, makes his first post, rooting for a Bronco's loss. It SCREAMED "I bet he's a Chargers fan!!!"

Just ribbin' ya.

I can handle some ribb'n...How many posts do I need so I can get a Charger Avatar...I have a few ready to fly...

TBF

easymobee 12-14-2004 03:01 PM

Quote:

This has been Bob's Your Uncle's warcry for awhile now.

It's based on the opinion that no team in the AFC West has a chance in the playoffs .... unless it is ( had been ) the Chiefs * ( * Left 6 million dollars worth of Salary Cap unused so we could see 100pt MNF games ).

Pass the Hater-ade.

Baby Lee 12-14-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easymobee
This has been Bob's Your Uncle's warcry for awhile now.

It's based on the opinion that no team in the AFC West has a chance in the playoffs .... unless it is ( had been ) the Chiefs * ( * Left 6 million dollars worth of Salary Cap unused so we could see 100pt MNF games ).

Pass the Hater-ade.

Actually it's based on dogma that God endowed Schottenheimer with just enough skill to build a quality team, but not enough to ever win a playoff game.

easymobee 12-14-2004 03:08 PM

Quote:

Actually it's based on dogma that God endowed Schottenheimer with just enough skill to build a quality team, but not enough to ever win a playoff game.

Thats a good point that i haven't thought about.

Also ( i'm biased against the Chargers ) Despite winning the last 2 games it seems as if Drew Brees finally remembered who he really was.

Before the Denver game he was throwing 3-4 TD's for big yards and no INT's ... game after game.

The last 2 games his numbers were modest yardage-wise and his "Deberg-esque" TD-INT ratio is starting to come back to the realm of reality.

The Bad Guy 12-14-2004 03:08 PM

I don't think SD has a snowballs chance in hell to beat the Colts, Steelers or Pats in the playoffs, but they should be able to handle the Jets, Ravens or Denver in the first round.

roman gnome 12-14-2004 03:09 PM

Quote:

lmao!

And I hope that holds true for many more years.

Lzen 12-14-2004 03:11 PM

In case you have forgotten, Marty Schottenheimer was the Chiefs head coach for 10 years. We know what happens to him in the playoffs. We'll see what happens. I just don't see how that leopard is gonna change his stripes.

easymobee 12-14-2004 03:12 PM

Off Topic: Why are Pile and Harts the starting Safeties now?

Is it just a talent evaluation thing?

Do you think Woods and Wesley ( if healthy, i have no idea ) will play in the game next week?

TBF 12-14-2004 03:17 PM

Quote:

Thats a good point that i haven't thought about.

Also ( i'm biased against the Chargers ) Despite winning the last 2 games it seems as if Drew Brees finally remembered who he really was.

Before the Denver game he was throwing 3-4 TD's for big yards and no INT's ... game after game.

The last 2 games his numbers were modest yardage-wise and his "Deberg-esque" TD-INT ratio is starting to come back to the realm of reality.

The last two weeks saw Drew facing some damn tuff defenses...

If you look at the numbers, Drew (yardage wise) has not put up big numbers. Drew has shined in throwing low percentage passes, playing Marty ball...I'm sure you guys remember that!

Denver and TB went after Gates, taking away that option...But in those games, LT put up over 100 yards rushing (remember he's not 100%)...

No team can stop both LT and Gates...

One of them is going to shine. The Chargers need to continue to make in game adjustments and hit them were they ain't.

TBF

Bwana 12-14-2004 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBF
No team can stop both LT and Gates...

TBF

Dude :shake:

Hammock Parties 12-14-2004 03:20 PM

Marty will screw up. He always does.

That kicker of yours is ripe for a Lin Elliot impersonation.

TBF 12-14-2004 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Why can't Tomlinson get his own fucking nickname?

It's not like you pick your own nick name unless of course your some geek...

LT mentioned it early on that he didn't like "LT"...

He can't control what the fans write...It's so damn common, NFL wide...Geez...

KCTitus 12-14-2004 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBF
If you look at the numbers, Drew (yardage wise) has not put up big numbers. Drew has shined in throwing low percentage passes, playing Marty ball...I'm sure you guys remember that!

Feh...If Drew is throwing the ball, it's not Marty-ball...You remember that comeback and near crap you all took in the Denver game, now THAT's Martyball.

StcChief 12-14-2004 03:25 PM

Better hope you win AFC-W and get a first home game.

It get's real cold in Pitt, NE in late Jan. Not sure sandy-eggo can handle it.
But good luck anyway, better than donks

TBF 12-14-2004 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
Feh...If Drew is throwing the ball, it's not Marty-ball...You remember that comeback and near crap you all took in the Denver game, now THAT's Martyball.

I'll agree...We have gone to the hybryd version of Marty Ball...But Drew still doesn't put up HUGE numbers...Solid, but nothing huge as far as yardage and TD's go...

We're well aware he's not the second coming of Dan Fouts.

TBF

ArrowheadHawk 12-14-2004 03:27 PM

Drew Breese sux

TBF 12-14-2004 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk
Drew Breese sux

Now here we go...An educated KC Fan...

Did you think of that all by yourself, or did your tutor help ya...

Get some substance...Make a post and back it up...I know I'm the new-stranger here, but com'on bro...

Substance....Tell me why Drew Brees sucks, not why you think he sucks, but WHY HE SUCKS and give me some proof.

TBF

easymobee 12-14-2004 03:30 PM

I really don't know whats gonna happen in the playoffs.

Its easy to say that it'll be PITT vs NE in the AFC Championship ... and PHI vs ATL in the NFC Championship, but there is going to be at least one suprise team involved there somewhere.

One of those 4 locks is gonna get unlucky in the playoffs.

easymobee 12-14-2004 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk
Drew Breese sux

Drew Brees has played great this year, but he is a mystery.

Is it the contract year?

Is it the Rivers drafting? and if so ... where is he gonna get that same motivation after he moves on?

Did he do a "Kurt Warner" deal with the devil? If so did he ask for more than 2 years of greatness?

Is he just good now? If so, the bad thing for SD fans is that there is a 90% chance that you only have 4-5 more games to root for the guy ... before you do a mini rebuild with a rookie qb.

The positve thing of all of this ?

You only have to look at that dreadful fuzzy birthmark for about another month or so,

KCTitus 12-14-2004 03:37 PM

Brees play is the result of 2 things, primarily...

The first overall pick of another QB and his pending FA.

easymobee 12-14-2004 03:38 PM

Quote:

Do you think if he gets big money and a non-threat backup QB ... he'll start to suck again?

I do.

Also, IMBiasedO Rivers isn't gonna be all that great, but he will remind us and Shottenheimer of Bernie Kosar with some funky side-arm throws.

Fairplay 12-14-2004 03:38 PM

Quote:

Is it the contract year?

Is it the Rivers drafting? and if so ... where is he gonna get that same motivation after he moves on?

Did he do a "Kurt Warner" deal with the devil? If so did he ask for more than 2 years of greatness?

Is he just good now?
The positve thing of all of this ?

Yes
Yes
No
Yes
No
No
Undecided

KCTitus 12-14-2004 03:41 PM

Quote:

Do you think if he gets big money and a non-threat backup QB ... he'll start to suck again?

I do.

Also, IMBO Rivers isn't gonna be all that great, but he will remind us and Shottenheimer of Bernie Kosar with some funky side-arm throws.

Sure, stands to reason...but Gates didnt hurt either.

Marty's already got Rivers behind the 8 ball and if he tries to retain Brees, will totally destroy Rivers confidence.

TBF 12-14-2004 03:41 PM

Quote:

One of those 4 locks is gonna get unlucky in the playoffs.

I agree...I'm not here to say that the Chargers are going to knock off one of the sure things ...But, at least it's possible this year...

The Chargers have an outstanding nose tackle in Jamal Williams and a really descent LB Corps. The secondary is talented (skill wise), but they continue to give up the big play every game. I'm not quite sure if they are buying off on the system and or understanding the system.

In years past, our defense smothered the ball carrier well, but tackled like $hit...This year, they have put the majority of the puzzle together as it applies to understanding their role. The secondary, like I said before is the question mark.

SD can move the ball on offense, it's just a matter of making the CORRECT adjustment...History tells me that at some point the Chargers will take a step back...

TBF

easymobee 12-14-2004 03:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
just for fun ......

easymobee 12-14-2004 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBF
The secondary, like I said before is the question mark.

BINGO

SD would do best to steer clear of INDY.

TBF, whats the opinion out there on Jammer?

Is there still Pro-Bowl aspirations for him amongst the fanbase?

Calcountry 12-14-2004 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon
We will do our best to put the Donx out of the playoffs.

and screw up the Chargers home field possibilities.

TBF 12-14-2004 03:54 PM

Quote:

BINGO

SD would do best to steer clear of INDY.

TBF, whats the opinion out there on Jammer?

Is there still Pro-Bowl aspirations for him amongst the fanbase?

I grade Jammer on the looks he sees during the game...Jammer is not tested all that much...He is a pretty damn aggresive corner. IMO, the jury is still out, but, he is not our wink link either.

TBF

HC_Chief 12-14-2004 03:54 PM

Quote:

More like COMPLETE overhaul of the OL. The dude was getting his ass kicked. They revamped their OL, got a couple of guys back from injury, and started to give him time.

BTW, the Chargettes have a ton of cap space... don't be surprised to see Brees and Rivers in SD next year. My bet is Brees will keep the starting spot... if he performs at the same level next year, they deal Rivers.

TBF 12-14-2004 03:57 PM

Quote:

I'm sure they are both motivations of his, but that alone doesn't win football games. Many the prospective NFL Prospect has entered the arena with similar motivations, only to find they didn't posses the needed talent to compete in the NFL.

Motivation doesn't help you read defenses...Motivation doesn't help you from spazing when under fire...In fact it may hender you...

You have to have some talent in place for the motivation to take hold.

TBF

TBF 12-14-2004 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief
More like COMPLETE overhaul of the OL. The dude was getting his ass kicked. They revamped their OL, got a couple of guys back from injury, and started to give him time.

BTW, the Chargettes have a ton of cap space... don't be surprised to see Brees and Rivers in SD next year. My bet is Brees will keep the starting spot... if he performs at the same level next year, they deal Rivers.

I agree, Brees will be back, but we can't afford to deal Rivers...Talk on the street is that the Chargers will keep both and only sign Breeser to a short term-high priced contract...

We do have a lot of cap room and we also have two first rounders next year...

IMO, we could possibly build a mini-streak here with a two or three year playoff run...

TBF

HC_Chief 12-14-2004 04:01 PM

It would be a mistake to keep Rivers around if Brees has another season like this one. Trust me on this, Marty has no freaking clue how to handle qb controversies...

Heh, now that I think about it, it wouldn't surprise me to see him start RIVERS in your first playoff game :D
hehe

TBF 12-14-2004 04:03 PM

Quote:

It would be a mistake to keep Rivers around

It's a mistake we will have to deal with...Money wise the cap hit would be tremendous...His signing bonus would bone us for a couple of years.

TBF

TBF 12-14-2004 04:04 PM

Quote:

Sure, stands to reason...but Gates didnt hurt either.

Marty's already got Rivers behind the 8 ball and if he tries to retain Brees, will totally destroy Rivers confidence.

I don't totally agree...It's sure possible, but remember back to Steve Young and Joe Montana...

Young lost nothing by waiting behind Joe.

TBF

HC_Chief 12-14-2004 04:05 PM

Well I'm sure he'd be willing to work something out if Brees continues at this pace. He certainly won't want to hang around behind a young QB who's playing well and they'd have to be monumentally stupid to deal a qb playing that well. That's what contract lawyers are for ;)

HC_Chief 12-14-2004 04:07 PM

The age difference between Montana & Young was greater. Besides, SF obtained Young from the Bucs... he was pitiful in Tampa. Rivers was a high #1; as was Brees.

Eleazar 12-14-2004 04:09 PM

They do exist!

TBF 12-14-2004 04:10 PM

Quote:

The age difference between Montana & Young was greater. Besides, SF obtained Young from the Bucs... he was pitiful in Tampa. Rivers was a high #1; as was Brees.

I agree that the age differance does have some merit, but it's doesn't take away that two high priced QB's can co-exisit...

Also, I agree he was pitiful in TB but, Peyton Manning had a pretty horrible start to his NFL carrer as well...

History should tell us that you can't judge a player on his past, the here and now is what makes you money....

Hell, had Young been taken for his play in Tampa Bay, the Niners and Jerry Rice wouldn't have had a dynasty...

TBF

HC_Chief 12-14-2004 04:14 PM

Point is Young was brought in for much less than what SD gave for either Brees or Rivers and Montana was winding down his career; so the comparison is invalid. Brees is young, was a high #1 and is playing exceptionally well (to my dismay... I was hoping SD would cut him this offseason & KC pick him up). Young had, at most, 5 years to sit behind Montana. In that time, he learned & worked on his game (it was needed). Brees will play MUCH longer than five years (barring injury), so it becomes a choice of one or the other in SD's case.

TBF 12-14-2004 04:25 PM

Quote:

Point is Young was brought in for much less than what SD gave for either Brees or Rivers and Montana was winding down his career; so the comparison is invalid. Brees is young, was a high #1 and is playing exceptionally well (to my dismay... I was hoping SD would cut him this offseason & KC pick him up). Young had, at most, 5 years to sit behind Montana. In that time, he learned & worked on his game (it was needed). Brees will play MUCH longer than five years (barring injury), so it becomes a choice of one or the other in SD's case.

Actually for the time...Young was paid pretty damn well...Real well to be exact...

TBF

Duck Dog 12-14-2004 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBF

Keep it up...

TBF

Up until you told us you were a Charger fan, how exactly were we supposed to tell?

chiefs4me 12-14-2004 04:38 PM

ROFL a charger fan thinking that your team is gonna make it past the first round,,,,,,,,priceless

milkman 12-15-2004 10:06 AM

Quote:

I agree completely.
Brees is a solid QB who, when given time can make the plays.

Of course, when playoff time comes, none of it will really matter.
Marty will find a way to make that early playoff exit.

HC_Chief 12-15-2004 10:07 AM

He'll probably start Rivers. :D

milkman 12-15-2004 10:08 AM

Quote:

Brees is young, was a high #1

Not to pick nits, but he was actually a high #2.

HC_Chief 12-15-2004 10:13 AM

Oh, well that changes <i>everything</i>! :D

Sucks that Brees had a breakout season... I really had hoped for KC to nab him. He was the ONLY CHargette with any fire last year when we were thumping their ass at the 'Head. I sat about 10 rows up from the SD bench... the whole time he was up & down the sideline, trying to rally the troops. Even with that horrif beating we were handing him, he kept coming back for more. Tenacious. Plus, he knew the offense... SD runs a Coryell variant not too different than our own.

Rain Man 12-15-2004 10:15 AM

We have to beat the Bron cos to keep our own playoff hopes alive.

IF for some reason we don't make the playoffs, I'm rooting for the San Diego Anyone-but-the-Rai ders-or-Broncos to make the playoffs from our division.

badgirl 12-15-2004 02:50 PM

Quote:

Just ribbin' ya.

with TBF as his name I would think "Tampa Bay Fan" hmmmm who'd thought Chargers fan :hmmm: :)

badgirl 12-15-2004 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBF
I can handle some ribb'n...How many posts do I need so I can get a Charger Avatar...I have a few ready to fly...

TBF

You don't need any posts just put one on there. :thumb:

chiefs4me 12-15-2004 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBF

Keep it up...

TBF

I don't like your name TBF,,,,,it reminds me of TBK,,:hmmm:

chiefs4me 12-15-2004 04:43 PM

Quote:

What the hell do you have against The Burger King?

please tell me you don't eat that crap,,,

TBF 12-16-2004 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgirl
You don't need any posts just put one on there. :thumb:

I guess I meant to say, when can I pick one of my own...Those bears albiet cute, are not very mannly if ya know what I mean.

badgirl 12-16-2004 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBF
I guess I meant to say, when can I pick one of my own...Those bears albiet cute, are not very mannly if ya know what I mean.

You can put anything you want, anytime you want :thumb:

TBF 12-16-2004 04:40 PM

Quote:

Heck, we put those bears there especially for our visiting Thandy Eggo fans.

They wouldn't let me put in a custom avatar, so I thought some big melons would do...

Thandy Eggoo Huh...that lisp of yours carries over to your typing, you might want to get that looked at.

Football talk anyone?

I'm liking your guys chances Sunday...Denver has played poorly and in bad weather this year. I don't think you guys are gonna get snow or rain, but it is sure gonna be ass cold. I think you guys are a lock on the ground, in fact, KC might be the new running back U...Hell one of your backs goes down and you keep finding new studs to play RB.

TBF

TBF 12-16-2004 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgirl
You can put anything you want, anytime you want :thumb:

When I go to the avatar feature, I don't have an option to upload anything else other then some bears or melons...

I didn't see a Custom Avatar option...Could you walk me through?

Thanks,

TBF