ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Should we go after Koren Robinson? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107705)

CanadaKC 01-04-2005 12:08 AM

Should we go after Koren Robinson?

Len Pastabelly writes...

PHP Code:

There is virtually no way that wide receiver Koren Robinsona first-round choice in the 2001 draftcan be back with the Seattle Seahawks in 2005 

Is this guy too much of a risk? Holmgren will dump him for dirt. He has great talent when he wants to play...but he's a headcase druggie who obviously will never play in a Saehawk uni again. Can Vermeil save this guy with a second chance? Will he ever reach his first round potential?

Hammock Parties 01-04-2005 12:09 AM

Yeah, for the right price I wouldn't mind him here.

BigChiefFan 01-04-2005 12:10 AM

No. The fans would have a fit with the amount of passes he drops. We'd be replacing Morton with a younger version of himself.

Herzig 01-04-2005 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan
No. The fans would have a fit with the amount of passes he drops. We'd be replacing Morton with a younger version of himself.

I couldn't have said it better. He's got more of a tude too.

Miles 01-04-2005 12:14 AM

Quote:

Yeah you have that right. If people around here bitch about our current wr's hands they would never be able to handle robinson.

Robinson is pretty much a bust at this point.

CanadaKC 01-04-2005 12:15 AM

still...your getting a former 1st rounder probably for next to nothing.
Holmgren will dump him for shit just to prove a point. Look what he did to Alexander against Atlanta...Alexander probably hinted he'll seek higher money elsewhere earlier in the season when he becomes a FA...and Holmgren responded with..."give the ball to Hasslebeck on a QB sneak"...
knowing Alexander would get a share of the rushing title...and a whole pile of bonus money.

Hammock Parties 01-04-2005 12:16 AM

Quote:

Eh, Robinson is bigger, faster and younger. If he could use that to make big plays down the field, I could tolerate a few drops a year. Kennison is the drop factory the last few years anyway, not Morton.

stumppy 01-04-2005 12:18 AM

I got two words for ya,

Pro

File

CanadaKC 01-04-2005 12:19 AM

and I got two words for you....

Randy Moss

BigChiefFan 01-04-2005 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoatCheese
Eh, Robinson is bigger, faster and younger. If he could use that to make big plays down the field, I could tolerate a few drops a year. Kennison is the drop factory the last few years anyway, not Morton.

I watch the games, too. You have your OPINION. I have mine. I stand by what I said. Robinson may be younger, but please tell me how replacing Morton with a player that will probably want even more money and has a case of the dropsies is an improvement, other than his age?

stumppy 01-04-2005 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaKC
and I got two words for you....

Randy Moss

Doesn't fit.

BigChiefFan 01-04-2005 12:25 AM

Goat,
Robinson had 31 catches for 495 yards and 2 TDs this season. That's pathetic for a starter.

CanadaKC 01-04-2005 12:25 AM

K-Rob is a big improvement over Morton...IMO. Darrell Jackson actually had more passes dropped this season than Robinson. It's just that K-Rob has too much off-field issues that Holmgren can't deal with. Maybe a new team is just what he needs....after all...he's going to be very embarrassed when Holmgren offers him up for a 11th round punter from the CFL.

CanadaKC 01-04-2005 12:28 AM

PHP Code:

Robinson had 31 catches for 495 yards and 2 TDs this seasonThat's pathetic for a starter 

...he was suspended for dour games....and told not to dress that last two. That's six games missed.

And stumpy....when you say Pro File....Randy Moss slipped cause of his tude. I know you get where I'm coming from.

BigChiefFan 01-04-2005 12:30 AM

Quote:

PHP Code:

Robinson had 31 catches for 495 yards and 2 TDs this seasonThat's pathetic for a starter 

...he was suspended for dour games....and told not to dress that last two. That's six games missed.

And stumpy....when you say Pro File....Randy Moss slipped cause of his tude. I know you get where I'm coming from.

So in TEN games he averaged 3 catches and 49 yards per game. Still not stellar. Parlay that with his off-the-field problems and I say no thanks.

stumppy 01-04-2005 12:31 AM

Quote:

PHP Code:

Yea I do.:thumb:

Miles 01-04-2005 12:31 AM

Quote:

Goat,
Robinson had 31 catches for 495 yards and 2 TDs this season. That's pathetic for a starter.

He only started 8 games so those numbers are not that terrible for a #2.

The guy still managed to drop a shitload of balls in those starts though.
http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/...ts.asp?id=5456

stumppy 01-04-2005 12:32 AM

Quote:

So in TEN games he averaged 3 catches and 49 yards per game. Still not stellar. Parlay that with his off-the-field problems and I say no thanks.

The guy has some skills. Question is can he put it all together with another team for 16 games ????

Taco John 01-04-2005 12:32 AM

The upside is less gay jokes...

Hammock Parties 01-04-2005 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John

Morton's gone anyway, so that's a guarantee.

BigChiefFan 01-04-2005 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John

Bah, we'll still razz ya. :p

CanadaKC 01-04-2005 12:37 AM

But the Bam Moris jokes will heat up again.... :shake:

Taco John 01-04-2005 12:37 AM

Quote:

ROFL

Damn.

PastorMikH 01-04-2005 12:43 AM

Quote:

I was just getting ready to say that since the Bam Morris project was so successful....

Anyhow, you beat me to it.:sulk:

CanadaKC 01-04-2005 12:57 AM

It's OK PastorM...we can never get enough Bam Morris jokes.... :thumb:

royr17 01-04-2005 01:44 AM

HELL NO, I want us to start Samie Parker this season at WR I dont want a 1st round pick that is a bust and has already violated the substance abuse policy.

HolmeZz 01-04-2005 01:53 AM

Quote:

He's not their #1 receiver and seeing as Seahawks use 3 and 4 WR sets all the time, the stats don't really indicate how effective he can be. I wouldn't mind having him because IMO he's a playmaker, but he does have a lot of baggage.

Rausch 01-04-2005 03:27 AM

I was just thinking that what this team needs is a fast WR wo can't catch...

Otter 01-04-2005 03:37 AM

I watched a lot of Seattle Games this year becaues I had Jackson, Alexander and Hassellback on my team in my FF money leauge.

Robinson sucks. So what if he's a first round pick, he can't play.

Eleazar 01-04-2005 09:02 AM

Well, I would like to see what the guy could do in our offense. WR more than any position seems to be one that can rejuvinate a player after they move to another team. All depends on the asking price.

I don't really think we are really in the position to say he couldn't help us. What do we have? We have Kennison and a guy who played in 3 games and caught 9 balls.

Joe Seahawk 01-04-2005 09:09 AM

If he ever gets straightened out off the field he could be a great one.. He was suspended for extasy, he's been late for team meetings causing him to get benched, and he's had a case of the "drops" this year.

But the guy is probably the most athleticly gifted player on our entire offense..

He'll be cheap for someone too, I believe he's signed through 2006.

the Talking Can 01-04-2005 09:10 AM

let's wait till he's a few years older, flames out in Denver, and then we'll sign him.....the Profile has an age requirement...

Brock 01-04-2005 09:16 AM

rather have Muhammed.

Eleazar 01-04-2005 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Landers
rather have Muhammed.

He's always had the dropsies too.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-04-2005 09:19 AM

No. We have enough problems.

HC_Chief 01-04-2005 10:04 AM

Nope. Robinson = dropsies. We have enough of that already.

homey 01-04-2005 10:16 AM

No need to add to our recieving corps.

This seems like the perfect time to point out Rotoworld's humor. Per Rotoworld...

Koren Robinson was suspended for yesterday's game because he missed Saturday's walkthrough.

He said his car battery wouldn't start, despite the fact he has multiple cars, and taxicabs were invented earlier this century. He probably won't start next week, but we don't know for sure yet.

Hammock Parties 01-04-2005 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homey
No need to add to our recieving corps.

IMO, there's a good chance we might need to. If Parker, Horn and gimpy Boerigter can't pick up the slack, we'll be handicapped a bit.

People rag on Morton, and I want him gone too, but he WAS getting open and making clutch catches on third down for 3/4s of the season.

It'd be great if Parker or one of the other guys can do it. They appear to have all the physical tools (Horn looks like he has great hands).

htismaqe 01-04-2005 10:23 AM

Why would we bother?

Get Sammie Parker on the goddamn field already!!!

alanm 01-04-2005 10:29 AM

royr17, Resize your sig pic and message. It's fucking up every page you post on!!! :shake:

ct 01-04-2005 10:44 AM

2 WRs to possibly target in FA are Hines Ward, Pitt may not afford both Hines and Plax, and if they can't, I bet they choose Plax, and Derrick Mason, a potential cap casualty.

Both would be expensive however, so that's something to consider. I recognize the need for a true threat at WR, but our D needs the $$ badly!

HC_Chief 01-04-2005 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coryt
Pitt may not afford both Hines and Plax, and if they can't, I bet they choose Plax

You are out of your damn mind if you think Pitt would keep BURRESS instead of HINES WARD. Ward is one of the top receivers in the NFL. Burress is their 3rd WR option.

ct 01-04-2005 10:54 AM

I know they kept winning w/out Plax, while he was injured, but look at how that offense completely tanked while he was out.

Now I agree I MUST be crazy to say that, but I think they just might. My opinion, Ward is a total stud, and Plax is grossly overrated. Maybe I'm just homer-blind, and need to awake from my FA dreams...

HC_Chief 01-04-2005 11:08 AM

If they dump anyone it will be Burress. Ward and Randle El are probably the best starting wideout tandem in the league.

BUT, if they DID shop Ward, we should be ALL OVER THAT ACQUISITION!!!! He would absolutely dominate in this system! :D
(wouldn't mind replacing Morton w/ Burress either)

Mr. Laz 01-04-2005 11:20 AM

seem like Koren is pretty messed up in the head.

unless we get him cheap i would prefer to go with defensive improvements.

morphius 01-04-2005 11:23 AM

The way we complain about Morton and Kennison dropping balls, this guy would kill off a good many of us. He would be a great receiver if he could hold onto the damn ball, he can get wide open, but when you drop the ball every time it really doesn't do you any good.

Mr. Laz 01-04-2005 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
The way we complain about Morton and Kennison dropping balls, this guy would kill off a good many of us. He would be a great receiver if he could hold onto the damn ball, he can get wide open, but when you drop the ball every time it really doesn't do you any good.

Terrell Owens has more drops then either kennison or morton IIRC

HC_Chief 01-04-2005 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazarus
Terrell Owens has more drops then either kennison or morton IIRC

He also has a shitload more big plays

TheNextStep 01-04-2005 11:33 AM

Yes, the Chiefs should sign Koren Robinson.

Why?

Because it would make me very happy. The guy is an idiot. I remember the year that he came out, his college coach ripped him in the press before the draft. Related the story of how any time he had a problem with Koren, he had to call Koren's mother to get it handled. Koren's mom used to call him up in the mornings to wake him up to go to class! We're talking about a damned college kid here!

Irresponsible... immature... bad hands... substance abuse program...

Oh, hell yeah. You Chiefs need to sign this kid up QUICK! PLEASE!

Mr. Laz 01-04-2005 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief
He also has a shitload more big plays

that is very true...

but we were discussing the constant crying about drops around here and how Robinson drops more than our guys.

heck, even Owen drops more than our guys.

people around here are just obsessed with this WR thing

we need defense

HC_Chief 01-04-2005 11:40 AM

We also need a wideout. Morton is H I S T O R Y. Parker is unproven, Boerigter is coming off a blown-out knee PLUS he hasn't been consistent. Hall is WAY too small. We've got Kennison and ?!?!? at wideout. It would be pretty stupid to ignore that going into next season.

HolmeZz 01-04-2005 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
He's always had the dropsies too.

Seen some of the Panther games this year? IMO he's been the best receiver in the league this year.

morphius 01-04-2005 11:49 AM

Quote:

We also need a wideout. Morton is H I S T O R Y. Parker is unproven, Boerigter is coming off a blown-out knee PLUS he hasn't been consistent. Hall is WAY too small. We've got Kennison and ?!?!? at wideout. It would be pretty stupid to ignore that going into next season.

You sound like the coaches, the player is unproven, so lets not give him a chance.

Ultra Peanut 01-04-2005 11:49 AM

Goddamn, **** Koren Robinson. I drafted him in the late 4th round this year, and I can only imagine how much hate the people who drafted him even earlier the year before felt for him.

Sure-Oz 01-04-2005 11:56 AM

I would definetly give him a shot.

Herzig 01-04-2005 12:17 PM

Please Joe Seahawk, tell these guys about the bust that is K. Rob!!

HC_Chief 01-04-2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
You sound like the coaches, the player is unproven, so lets not give him a chance.

Not at all... you MUST give players the CHANCE to compete. It is woefully stupid however to <i><b>COUNT</b></i> on UNPROVEN PLAYERS. You are either proactive and take the necessary steps beforehand to ensure you're in the right position personnel-wise, or you're chasing your frigging tail in a reactionary, fire-fighting clusterfuck.... like we did THIS year at WR and LB.

KC Kings 01-04-2005 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
I was just thinking that what this team needs is a fast WR wo can't catch...

Just look at the impact Capel made for out team.

I drafted him in the 4th round also, and with Hassleback at the helm I was hoping for a nice combo. I finished in 6th place in that league.

Mile High Mania 01-04-2005 12:28 PM

I would not want Koren Robinson on a team that I liked...

So, yes - KC needs to sign Koren Robinson, please.

Mr. Laz 01-04-2005 12:32 PM

Quote:

fuck the gawd dam offense, fuck the gawd dam receiver corp.

We need defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HC_Chief 01-04-2005 12:33 PM

Ignoring one side of the ball to improve another is exactly what got us where we're at now.

So you propose more of the same?

Brilliant! :rolleyes:

KC Kings 01-04-2005 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazarus
fuck the gawd dam offense, fuck the gawd dam receiver corp.

We need defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So , is that a vote for 'no' on Robinson?

Ultra Peanut 01-04-2005 12:35 PM

Quote:

Ignoring one side of the ball to improve another is exactly what got us where we're at now.

So you propose more of the same?

Brilliant! :rolleyes:

Laz is a reerun. Keep that in mind when you read his posts.

ClevelandChief 01-04-2005 12:42 PM

Bring back Birden and Willie Davis YEAH. And put Andre Rison in the slot.......Personally I think they need to focus on a shut down corner and a saftey that isn't always trailing the play by 15 yards...neither of our WR's had horrible seasons, not that they did well. I just dont see WR being a priority of DV's....Besides Parker showed a lot and Boericther will hopefully be back to form...throw Morton in the slot and dump Kennison IMO, tired of seeing our speed reciever chased down from 20 yards back and stripped.

Edit: Actually no forget Morton he sucks balls in hell. Play Hall in the slot.

Mile High Mania 01-04-2005 01:23 PM

Would you guys be intersted in the Chiefs pusuing Muhsin Muhammad? He's a free agent and while 2004 was insane and likely not to be repeated, he would be someone that I wouldn't mind seeing on my team... he would surely be a good option for the next 2-3 years for you guys.

HC_Chief 01-04-2005 01:26 PM

Every year, it seems, Muhammed ends up on my FFL team and every year he produces.

He's better than Morton. If he'll play for the same/less $, then heck yeah I'd add him to the roster.

Hammock Parties 01-04-2005 01:33 PM

Chiefs won't sign him. If a fan asks they'll throw out some BS line about him being too slow.

Mile High Mania 01-04-2005 01:37 PM

Muhsin will likely garner big attention in FA, but I wonder how much he'll actually be offered? Beware of players in contract years.

| 1996 car | 9 | 1 -1 -1.0 0 | 25 407 16.3 1 |
| 1997 car | 13 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 27 317 11.7 0 |
| 1998 car | 16 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 68 941 13.8 6 |
| 1999 car | 15 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 96 1253 13.1 8 |
| 2000 car | 16 | 2 12 6.0 0 | 102 1183 11.6 6 |
| 2001 car | 11 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 50 585 11.7 1 |
| 2002 car | 14 | 3 40 13.3 0 | 63 823 13.1 3 |
| 2003 car | 15 | 2 -2 -1.0 0 | 54 837 15.5 3 |
| 2004 car | 16 | 3 15 5.0 0 | 93 1405 15.1 16

HC_Chief 01-04-2005 01:40 PM

One of the things I like about Muhammed is his ability to 'post up' on defenders. That would be a nice addition in the goal line, to go along with Tony G.

MM is a taller, 'lankier' player though; probably better suited for the WCO than a Coryell variant. I'd still add him... but I doubt he's high on DV/AS' wish list. They prefer the smaller, quicker receivers.

Duck Dog 01-04-2005 01:49 PM

Should we go after Koren Robinson?

Hell no. A big hell no.

I had this loser on my fantasy team this year. What a waste. Not only does he have butterfingers on the field. He eats butterfingers all day long from having the munchies.

No. No. No.

HC_Chief 01-04-2005 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Dog
I had this loser on my fantasy team this year. What a waste.

:spock:
MM was one of the highest scoring FFL wideouts this year, especially over the last half of the season.

Sure-Oz 01-04-2005 01:51 PM

I'd take MM, he had a fantasy year big time, i cut him before he went on that binge cause bolden wsa coming back, huge mistake!