ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Dolphin fans take on the latest offer by the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113174)

Stinger 03-29-2005 10:30 PM

Dolphin fans take on the latest offer by the Chiefs

What the Dolphins fans think of King Carl CeePee and his low ball tatics on Pat Surtain.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/sh...8&page=1&pp=15

ROFL

nychief 03-29-2005 10:33 PM

I tried to read that... almost as mind numbing as some of us over here....

Pants 03-29-2005 11:05 PM

lol, they are hatin' on us.

SoCalRaider 03-29-2005 11:06 PM

Sorry but the Chiefs FO has completely lost it. If the Fins hang onto Surtain this year, they're pretty much assured of getting a compensatory 3rd rounder when they lose him as a FA a year from now... yet the Chiefs FO thinks the Fins are dumb enough to deal him for a 4th... No wonder you guys can't get any free agents in here. :hmmm:

Pants 03-29-2005 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalRaider
Sorry but the Chiefs FO has completely lost it. If the Fins hang onto Surtain this year, they're pretty much assured of getting a compensatory 3rd rounder when they lose him as a FA a year from now... yet the Chiefs FO thinks the Fins are dumb enough to deal him for a 4th... No wonder you guys can't get any free agents in here. :hmmm:

The Chiefs also know the Phins don't want to spend that kind of money on Surtain.

Phobia 03-29-2005 11:09 PM

Quote:

Assured? Only if they don't sign any other quality UFA.

The only thing the Dolphins are assured of if they keep Surtain is a helluva salary to absorb while the team is going nowhere in 2005 and stunting the growth of their current nickel CB for another year.

PunkinDrublic 03-29-2005 11:11 PM

Quote:

Sorry we don't have the track record for free agent busts like you do. How's that Warren Sapp trade working for you? Not to mention Kerry off the wagon Collins that was grand slam on your teams part.

SoCalRaider 03-29-2005 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic
Sorry we don't have the track record for free agent busts like you do.

That might also be because you have not track record of free agent signings, playoff wins, or Super Bowl appearances. What's your point?

Quote:

How's that Warren Sapp trade working for you?

:bong: What Sapp trade?

Quote:

Not to mention Kerry off the wagon Collins that was grand slam on your teams part.

You mean Kerry I have as many Super Bowl appearances as the entire KC Chiefs organization Collins. :rolleyes:

C-Mac 03-29-2005 11:21 PM

Was a good read though.
Some Dolphin fans understand football business and some.......dont.

chiefsfolife 03-29-2005 11:24 PM

Quote:

That might also be because you have not track record of free agent signings, playoff wins, or Super Bowl appearances. What's your point?

You mean Kerry I have as many Super Bowl appearances as the entire KC Chiefs organization Collins. :rolleyes:

as usual...living off past glory again huh

Gravedigger 03-29-2005 11:24 PM

I think carl is testing the waters on this. Give Saban and the fins a month to try and cave in and submit to the lesser offer that we have provided before the draft but if they don't fold then go ahead and trade the second during the draft. Carl is holding out I just hope it doesnt backfire on him and San Diego or some other organization doesnt trade a first day pick for him before we get to him. Oh and I read a report that says ty law is getting out of his boot this week. And chris mortensen says that the whole phillip rivers 49ers rumor is completely untrue.

PunkinDrublic 03-29-2005 11:26 PM

Quote:

If Collins had anything left don't you think the Giants would have held on to him?

FA the point is Sapp is a bust.

I wouldn't be bragging about that pathetic super bowl appearence I would rather the Chiefs stay home than get embarassed like the faiders did. Gruden was smart to leave because he knew how pathetic your organization really is.

TRR 03-29-2005 11:29 PM

I really think the Surtain deal hinges on how Ty Law looks in a week or so. If his foot is progressing, I think they'll sign Ty Law to a contract w/a ton of incentives, and keep the 2nd round pick.

If Law's recovery hits a snag, and the boot needs to stay on, or the x-rays don't look good, then I believe Peterson will try and pull the trigger on Patrick Surtain.

Right now, a healthy Law and a 2nd round pick looks better than Surtain, no second rounder, and a LOW 3rd rounder. However, if Law isn't healthy, then Surtain is a must get.

Rausch 03-29-2005 11:31 PM

Quote:

Odd that a fan of a team that's had the most recent sodomization in recent superbol memory brings up failure.

Quote:

The one where you traded production at the DT position for Sapp...

Quote:

Unlike Collins, Dick Vermeil, Al Saunders, Priest Holmes, and Trent Green have actually been on superbowl winning teams.

KCJake 03-29-2005 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
The Chiefs also know the Phins don't want to spend that kind of money on Surtain.

Exactly! The Chiefs are low-balling the Dolphins right now. No reason for the Chiefs to jump right in and give up their 2nd round pick. Not right now. In two weeks maybe, but not now.

Pants 03-29-2005 11:33 PM

I really don't want Law, but he's better than nothing. I'd rather see Surtain than Law + 2nd.

FloridaMan88 03-29-2005 11:47 PM

Why is Carl so hesitant to give up the Chiefs's second rounder for Surtain.

Lets see Surtain, Pro Bowl caliber CB for a team who finished 32nd versus the pass last year or the chance to draft the next Eddie Freeman/Kawika Mitchell/Mike Cloud/Rashan Shehee.

Damnit Carl get your head out of your ass long enough to figure out this trade makes TOO much sense for even someone as clueless as yourself to screw up :cuss:

ZootedGranny 03-29-2005 11:47 PM

I think the reactions are hilarious.

First, you don't start negotiations by throwing out your highest offer. Secondly, the same report says that nobody else has offered anything higher than the Chiefs 4th.

Some of those guys are melting down over nothing. I don't see a deal being done for at least another couple of weeks.

KCJake 03-30-2005 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
I think the reactions are hilarious.

First, you don't start negotiations by throwing out your highest offer. Secondly, the same report says that nobody else has offered anything higher than the Chiefs 4th.

Some of those guys are melting down over nothing. I don't see a deal being done for at least another couple of weeks.

Great point! I've been trying to say this for a month now :cuss:
Even if the Chiefs are willing to give up the 2nd rounder, they sure as hell aren't going to offer it right away. Why not try and get Surtain for less? It certainly doesn't look like any other teams are fighting to acquire him.

Wallcrawler 03-30-2005 12:35 AM

*Posted by SQuinn17*

if thats all they wanna give up for him, we'll all have a lil more fun watching them put up 35 points a game and still end up losing. hey kc, have fun trying to cover randy moss!!

This guy has a point......

SoCalRaider 03-30-2005 12:49 AM

Quote:

If Collins had anything left don't you think the Giants would have held on to him?

No.

Quote:

FA the point is Sapp is a bust.

As is your entire defense.

Quote:

I wouldn't be bragging about that pathetic super bowl appearence

That's because you have no Super Bowl appearances or even playoff wins as a point of reference

Quote:

I would rather the Chiefs stay home

PBJ

Quote:

Gruden was smart to leave

Actually Gruden was traded.

SoCalRaider 03-30-2005 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
Odd that a fan of a team that's had the most recent sodomization in recent superbol memory brings up failure.

Not if you consider that fan of said team was actually alive for all 3 of the Super Bowl Victories.

Quote:

The one where you traded production at the DT position for Sapp...

:bong:

Quote:

Unlike Collins, Dick Vermeil, Al Saunders, Priest Holmes, and Trent Green have actually been on superbowl winning teams.

So have Al Davis, Norv Turner, Rob Ryan, Bobby Hamilton, Ted Washington, and Warren Sapp... Point?

KCChiefsMan 03-30-2005 01:05 AM

"Oh hell know!!! That is not value at all. Keep him unless we get a 2nd"

they seem like a smart group

PunkinDrublic 03-30-2005 01:17 AM

Quote:

No.

As is your entire defense.

That's because you have no Super Bowl appearances or even playoff wins as a point of reference

PBJ

Actually Gruden was traded.

Gruden wanted out what's your team done since the superbowl embarassment? You think Moss is going to keep your team from another last place finish?

Gravedigger 03-30-2005 01:22 AM

Randy Moss won't be shit without a QB that can throw to him and Collins is at the end of his career just as Gannon was after that horrid super bowl loss. Collins has a decent "long bomb" but he has zip for accuracy and everybody knows that he is a joke. If anybody is kidding themselves into a dream like state about their teams odds of winning it's the raiders.

alanm 03-30-2005 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR
I really think the Surtain deal hinges on how Ty Law looks in a week or so. If his foot is progressing, I think they'll sign Ty Law to a contract w/a ton of incentives, and keep the 2nd round pick.

If Law's recovery hits a snag, and the boot needs to stay on, or the x-rays don't look good, then I believe Peterson will try and pull the trigger on Patrick Surtain.

Right now, a healthy Law and a 2nd round pick looks better than Surtain, no second rounder, and a LOW 3rd rounder. However, if Law isn't healthy, then Surtain is a must get.

Exactly!! I can feel it in my bones that they are waiting for a update of Laws prognosis. For some ungodly reason the Chiefs just do not want to part with their 2nd rnd pick at the moment for Surtain. Their waiting on Law. And if he isn't healing like they think he should be. Come draft day and Law's still a question mark to Carl I'll bet he backs off from pulling the trigger on Law. Then I'd expect Carl to offer the Phins their 2nd for Surtain. It all depends on how Laws coming along.

I still expect Law to be playing in KC this fall.

PunkinDrublic 03-30-2005 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger
Randy Moss won't be shit without a QB that can throw to him and Collins is at the end of his career just as Gannon was after that horrid super bowl loss. Collins has a decent "long bomb" but he has zip for accuracy and everybody knows that he is a joke. If anybody is kidding themselves into a dream like state about their teams odds of winning it's the raiders.

No shit I can't wait to hear the spin from faider fans after they once again finish last in the division. Moss will start his whiney antics once he realizes Collins can't deliver the ball with any accuracy and the team will fall apart.

alanm 03-30-2005 01:32 AM

Quote:

I really don't want Law, but he's better than nothing. I'd rather see Surtain than Law + 2nd.

No way. A healthy Law is the best CB out there. Hell the guy is only 31, Surtain is 29. Law, if he's anything like Hasty was as far as conditioning will be playing on a high level for at least 3-4 more years. Hell, Hasty went to the Pro Bowl when he was 35. :thumb: And Darrel Green who for my money was one of the best there was never dropped off up till he retired at what was it... 39-40? I think he went to his last Pro Bowl when he was 39 but I could be wrong.

Pants 03-30-2005 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan
"Oh hell know!!! That is not value at all. Keep him unless we get a 2nd"

they seem like a smart group

I guess it's all those rednecks down there in Florida.

melbar 03-30-2005 02:54 AM

Quote:

Are you kidding me? Surtain is great, a healthy Law is one of the greatest CB's in NFL history. If he returns healthy he brings an instant swagger back to our secondary. Besides the fact we can sign a CB from the greatetest class in recent memory AND a good young DE or LB.

beer bacon 03-30-2005 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar
Are you kidding me? Surtain is great, a healthy Law is one of the greatest CB's in NFL history. If he returns healthy he brings an instant swagger back to our secondary. Besides the fact we can sign a CB from the greatetest class in recent memory AND a good young DE or LB.

Speaking of a good young DE, I don't know exactly why, but I am starting to become enamored with Merriman. I think Gun would have most quarterbacks pissing their pants by halftime if he had Allen, Bell, and Merriman to work with.

melbar 03-30-2005 03:05 AM

Theres a lot of talent in the top 18 or so picks. There are also 7 or so CB's who could start right away in the NFL . One of those is sure to fall to our 2nd round pick. All the more reason to hold onto it!

beer bacon 03-30-2005 03:08 AM

Quote:

Theres a lot of talent in the top 18 or so picks. There are also 7 or so CB's who could start right away in the NFL . One of those is sure to fall to our 2nd round pick. All the more reason to hold onto it!

My hopes for the trade for Surtain has beomce at the very best (for us) giving them a 2nd for next year. I would be very happy with giving them a 4th or 5th this year and a 2nd next year. If we could get Surtain and keep our 2nd this year I would be ecstatic.

melbar 03-30-2005 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer baron
My hopes for the trade for Surtain has beomce at the very best (for us) giving them a 2nd for next year. I would be very happy with giving them a 4th or 5th this year and a 2nd next year. If we could get Surtain and keep our 2nd this year I would be ecstatic.

We have 3 , so why not a 4th AND a 5th?

beer bacon 03-30-2005 03:25 AM

Quote:

We have 3 , so why not a 4th AND a 5th?

I would be fine with that. We are not going to be able to sign all our draft picks anyways.

Big Chief Homer 03-30-2005 08:20 AM

"it'll be fun watching them score 35 points and still lose"

Dolphin fans need to stay out of the sun.at least we can score 35 points.

it'll be fun watching them try to score 3 points with AJ 2nd round feeley and gus ferrote behind center.

whoman69 03-30-2005 08:33 AM

Quote:

I think you missed the part of the article when it said that the 4th is the highest offer they have received. It would be idiotic for us to bump straight from a 4th to a 2nd. We have plenty of 2nd day picks to use.
If we do what most here want to do, it would be as idiotic as a person at an auction raising the bid price from $10K to $100K.
Saban is going to have a poor team, you can't just go from dud to top of the heap that quickly with as many holes as they have. His only hope is to get picks and put them into the lineup to get them ready. If a 4th is the highest they have, well then asking for a 2nd is miles apart. He is going to have to take what he is given. Its ridiculous to pay a superstar athlete on a bad team. They will drive their salaries down this year so they can afford a push later when they are ready.

RedNFeisty 03-30-2005 08:40 AM

"If" Surtain can come in a make an impact from the start, what is the problem giving up a second rounder? It's not like Carl is good at drafting anyway, right?

alpha_omega 03-30-2005 08:47 AM

Interesting reading what the Dolphin fans think. It seems that they are forgetting one thing....Surtain doesn't want to be there.

whoman69 03-30-2005 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNFeisty
"If" Surtain can come in a make an impact from the start, what is the problem giving up a second rounder? It's not like Carl is good at drafting anyway, right?

Despite his drafting history of late, you can't just assume he will fug it up. Why pay more than you have to?

FloridaMan88 03-30-2005 01:11 PM

Don Banks, in his SI.com column today mentioned the possible Surtain trade, his thoughts:

No way should Miami settle for anything lower than a first-day draft pick for cornerback Patrick Surtain. And if I'm Kansas City, with its crying need for an upgrade in the secondary, I'm paying that price in a heartbeat. The potential trade recently became even more of a no-brainer for the Chiefs when they were awarded a 2005 third-round compensatory pick for losing offensive tackle John Tait to Chicago in free agency last year.