ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFT: Prayer Request for my daughter (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113747)

Old Dog 04-07-2005 10:48 AM

NFT: Prayer Request for my daughter

I know few look at these and maybe even fewer care, but I figure it absolutely can't hurt so here goes:
My 16yo daughter, Casey (named for KC) is currently in Childrens Mercy in KC with some sort of amnesia and the doctors there have yet to figure out a cause or cure. She's normally an honors student, but as of now can't read the sentence "I can close my eyes" and follow those directions. The only person she recognizes is her mother and she doesn't even know her name other than "Mom". Other than that she recognizes only pictures of her dog, Dixie. When I called to speak to her yesterday (I'm currently in Iraq, as some may know) and my wife said that her Dad was on the phone for her, her response was "I have a Daddy?" When she took the phone, it was as though I was talking to her when she was a three year old. For the first time in a long time, I am absolutely terrified of teh unknown. I just want my baby well again and to be able to hear the brightness in her voice without being able to sense the fear in her voice.
Thank you for allowing me to vent in a forum that I realize might not be exactly the place for it.

Iowanian 04-07-2005 10:50 AM

Thats rough at home, let alone where you're at.

Absolutely.

Iron Chef 04-07-2005 10:53 AM

Done.

Vegas_Dave 04-07-2005 10:53 AM

You, your daughter and your entire family will be in my family's prayers... for many reasons. God can heal all.

ChiTown 04-07-2005 10:53 AM

Man, I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what you're going through being away from home with that going on. You have our best wishes and our prayers. Get home safe,

Chi

Phobia 04-07-2005 10:54 AM

Wow. That has to be rough. Hopefully you'll have an opportunity to come back for this hardship. Please keep us updated.

BIG_DADDY 04-07-2005 10:56 AM

You got it man. Take care of yourself over there.

morphius 04-07-2005 10:56 AM

Wow! Sounds pretty scarry man, I will definitly add her to our prayers. Childrens Mercy is a pretty decent place, I hope they can figure out something soon and that she is okay.

Hope you make it back soon and healthy as well!

Chiefnj 04-07-2005 10:56 AM

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your daughter and your return to her.

Coach 04-07-2005 10:56 AM

Sorry to hear truebigdog. :( Might I ask how she developed it? If it's too sensitive to talk about it, I understand and respect that.

My prayers are with you and hope you get to come home ASAP.

chiefs4me 04-07-2005 10:57 AM

My gosh.....I am very sorry to hear this. Are they gonna let you have an emergency leave? When I was in the service it was sop. Your daughter is in my prayers along with you and your family. Please keep us updated if you can. God Bless You

stevieray 04-07-2005 10:57 AM

You bet...hang in there.

Iowanian 04-07-2005 10:58 AM

Contact the RedCross and apply for the Hardship medical. I'd hope that qualified for emergency leave.

alpha_omega 04-07-2005 11:01 AM

Done!

Radar Chief 04-07-2005 11:04 AM

You got it.

Braincase 04-07-2005 11:06 AM

On the way.

Bwana 04-07-2005 11:07 AM

Done

ROYC75 04-07-2005 11:12 AM

Will do, please leep us posted on the condition.

God bless all.

Mr. Kotter 04-07-2005 11:20 AM

Best wishes and God's blessings on you and your family.

ptlyon 04-07-2005 11:21 AM

good god tbg - how terrible, and especially for you to be in Iraq during this crisis.

My prayers are with your daughter, you and your wife, and your family to have to go through this.

go bo 04-07-2005 11:26 AM

this is the right forum for prayer requests...

best wishes for your daughter...

over the years, children's mercy has saved several young people that my wife and i know...

it's a first rate hospital...

and, btw, stay safe over there...

Hydrae 04-07-2005 11:30 AM

I think you have underestimated how many care on this board. We may fight like cats and dogs most of the time but we will rally around those in need.

Best of luck for you and your family during this trying time. As with so many others here, I can not know how difficult this must be for you being out of the country right now. Just be sure to remember to keep your mind on things there so you can come home ASAP in one piece.

Frankie 04-07-2005 11:40 AM

I'm wishing you and your daughter a safe, healthy and happy reunion soon. You are both in my thoughts. :toast:

Otter 04-07-2005 11:41 AM

Done.

Dartgod 04-07-2005 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truebigdog
I know few look at these and maybe even fewer care...

Believe me, plenty of people will see this and nearly all of them will care. That's what makes this place so awesome.

You, your daughter and her mom will all be in my prayers. And thanks for being over there. I can't imagine how hard it must be, especially at a time like this.

ChiefsOne 04-07-2005 12:19 PM

You got bigdog. I have a daughter and that sounds pretty unnerving.

Pray that everything turns out for the best!

Andoverer 04-07-2005 12:23 PM

As a father of four daughters, I know how important and precious they are. I pray for your daughter too. Let us know how she comes through.

redfan 04-07-2005 12:28 PM

You'd be surprised how many people look AND care about these sort of things.
I pray she gets better soon, and you can see her soon.

Old Dog 04-07-2005 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach
Sorry to hear truebigdog. :( Might I ask how she developed it? If it's too sensitive to talk about it, I understand and respect that.

My prayers are with you and hope you get to come home ASAP.

That's the part that has me terrified, they don't have any idea (as of an hour ago when I last talked to them) what brought it on.
As for the "emergency leave" responses, my unit will allow it, and are in fact encouraging it but my wife and I have decided that for now, I'll wait here and hope for the best. As long as she has the rest of the family there for support and the prayers of the many of you, I know in my heart that she will be fine.

Coach 04-07-2005 12:40 PM

Quote:

That's the part that has me terrified, they don't have any idea (as of an hour ago when I last talked to them) what brought it on.
As for the "emergency leave" responses, my unit will allow it, and are in fact encouraging it but my wife and I have decided that for now, I'll wait here and hope for the best. As long as she has the rest of the family there for support and the prayers of the many of you, I know in my heart that she will be fine.

Hmm... strange...

Well that's good to hear that your unit will allow it, and while it makes sense that the wife has the family and all, I think she'd really want you to be home, as well as your daughter IMHO. But whatever choice you make, I respect that.

My prayers goes to you and the family.

BoroChief 04-07-2005 12:48 PM

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I understand how devastating this can be. My mother went into a coma once and when she came out of it she remembered my dad and my brother but couldn't remember me. It took time for her to remember me but her memory came back. I hope and pray that this will be the case with your daughter. You should go home to her you might be the key to unlock her situation. Thought and prayers are on their way. May god bless you and your family and give you strength in your time of need.

big nasty kcnut 04-07-2005 01:25 PM

Let the lord help her recover her full memory and may the lord bring you back safe to see her again. I'll be praying for you both.

Iowanian 04-07-2005 01:28 PM

I'd like truebirddog and others who post these to know, that A person like myself doesn't have to make a post here, to put in the good word where it counts.

badgirl 04-07-2005 01:57 PM

I hate to hear this about your child, I will pray she gets a complete recovery and pray you will be home soon, safely.

Soupnazi 04-07-2005 02:14 PM

Your family is in my prayers.

JOhn 04-07-2005 02:16 PM

Having lived with a sick child and feeling powerless to do anything, I really understand your anguish.

The family will be praying for her.

Just a little advice, find someone to talk to, it really helps.

Not sure how far your family lives from Children's Mercy, but if it is a distance and your family needs access to any assistance I know many people and organizations that are available to help out from our 6 month stay. If you need any info send me a Pvt MSG.
:thumb:

Beatlemanu 04-07-2005 02:28 PM

You and your family will be in my prayers.

RedNFeisty 04-07-2005 02:35 PM

Of course.

mlyonsd 04-07-2005 02:43 PM

Best wishes to a speedy recovery.

Wrasse 04-07-2005 02:44 PM

You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

seclark 04-07-2005 02:49 PM

in...thoughts and prayers.
sec

patteeu 04-07-2005 03:03 PM

Wow. Good luck.

ct 04-07-2005 03:09 PM

T&P for your daughter, and you and the whole family as well.

ct 04-07-2005 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach
Hmm... strange...

Well that's good to hear that your unit will allow it, and while it makes sense that the wife has the family and all, I think she'd really want you to be home, as well as your daughter IMHO. But whatever choice you make, I respect that.

My prayers goes to you and the family.

My sister-in-law's longtime boyfriend has made 2 trips to Iraq. His 2nd trip he was offered the opportunity to go home early, but have to come back again in 30 days. But after already knowing how difficult it was to come home, only to return, he elected to just stay on an extended tour and be done with it. He's now back home.

Not sure if that's part of your decision, but I can see why just jumping on the 1st trip home is not as easy as it sounds.

Pants 04-07-2005 03:24 PM

You got it.

Fat Elvis 04-07-2005 03:32 PM

Done.

WilliamTheIrish 04-07-2005 04:51 PM

BigDog, I work at CMH.

Let me know if you need anything.

mcan 04-07-2005 05:55 PM

Haven't prayed for anyone in a long time... I'll be on my knees tonight, for the sake of your daughter. This is terrible news, and I hope for everyones' sake that they can find something and take care of it...

Good luck and take heart in the fact that she's awake and responsive. Even if she has to start over that's a whole lot better than some people have it.

Did they say if this was originally brought on by a blow to the head, or some kind of injury?

mcan 04-07-2005 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan
Haven't prayed for anyone in a long time... I'll be on my knees tonight, for the sake of your daughter. This is terrible news, and I hope for everyones' sake that they can find something and take care of it...

Good luck and take heart in the fact that she's awake and responsive. Even if she has to start over that's a whole lot better than some people have it.

Did they say if this was originally brought on by a blow to the head, or some kind of injury?

Sorry, I'm sure that if they haven't found a "cause" that rules out injury. Perhaps she just wants you home that badly... Not that she's faking (I don't think anyone would do that) but perhaps her subconscious mind just needs her dad, and shut down.

Coach 04-07-2005 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan
Sorry, I'm sure that if they haven't found a "cause" that rules out injury. Perhaps she just wants you home that badly... Not that she's faking (I don't think anyone would do that) but perhaps her subconscious mind just needs her dad, and shut down.

That's exactly what I been trying to say, I just couldn't put the words into it together, but that's what I was trying to mention to him a few posts back. Of course, (I'm just assuming) flying to Germany and then flying overseas to back to USA can somewhat take a toll. Kinda a shame that 30 days isn't enough for a soldier IMHO.

Herzig 04-07-2005 06:28 PM

Prayers said for your daughter, you, and your family. Hang in there.

Nzoner 04-07-2005 06:49 PM

Done.

Be safe.

Caseykid 04-07-2005 07:39 PM

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Will definitely be praying for her full recovery and for you and your family to have peace during this trying time. Having a 14 year old son that is going through alot right now, I can relate. It's good that your unit will allow you to return if needed.

Thoughts and prayers!

mikey23545 04-07-2005 07:46 PM

Best wishes to you and yours bigdog....

mikey23545 04-07-2005 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish
BigDog, I work at CMH.

Let me know if you need anything.

You're a good man, William....

NewChief 04-07-2005 08:08 PM

You're in my prayers, man. That's tough stuff.

Frazod 04-07-2005 08:21 PM

God, that sucks. I hope she snaps out of it. I wish you and your family the best.

Bowser 04-07-2005 08:40 PM

That's horrible. I sincerely hope that all turns out well with her. And take care of yourself over there, so you can get home and take care of her.

milkman 04-07-2005 08:46 PM

BigDog.
I've been a member of this BB family since it's first month.
For much of that time, I rarely responded to these type of posts, and they may have made me seem apathetic, if anyone had noticed.

However, I have always read these type of threads, and always sent positive thoughts to those in need.

The point is, as go bo has already said, this is exactly the place for this, and I'm certain that there are many more who read this, and like me in the past, haven't written a response, but have put your daughter, your family, and you in their prayers.

Keep the chin up.
We're all here for you.

Good luck.

Manila-Chief 04-07-2005 09:45 PM

BigDog,

Know where you are at, man!!! You are most likely not feeling too big right now! Years ago we flew across the Pacific Ocean not knowing if one of our kids would live or die. This kind of thing puts all things into proper prespective. Sports, politics, things of the world, etc. don't really matter. The health of your daughter is the most important thing.

I understand the wanting to help/change the situation and being able to only pray. It is truly a helpless feeling. But, prayer is the best thing you can do. God is your biggest resource!!!!

You learn more about depending upon God at a time like this than all the sermons/lectures you ever heard.

All I can tell you is that God is able!!! You may want to read Romans 8:28 and claim it's promises.

Rocky 04-07-2005 10:36 PM

have any one head the patric surtain signing.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-07-2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

I know few look at these and maybe even fewer care, but I figure it absolutely can't hurt so here goes:
My 16yo daughter, Casey (named for KC) is currently in Childrens Mercy in KC with some sort of amnesia and the doctors there have yet to figure out a cause or cure. She's normally an honors student, but as of now can't read the sentence "I can close my eyes" and follow those directions. The only person she recognizes is her mother and she doesn't even know her name other than "Mom". Other than that she recognizes only pictures of her dog, Dixie. When I called to speak to her yesterday (I'm currently in Iraq, as some may know) and my wife said that her Dad was on the phone for her, her response was "I have a Daddy?" When she took the phone, it was as though I was talking to her when she was a three year old. For the first time in a long time, I am absolutely terrified of teh unknown. I just want my baby well again and to be able to hear the brightness in her voice without being able to sense the fear in her voice.
Thank you for allowing me to vent in a forum that I realize might not be exactly the place for it.

That's fucking horrible man. I normally don't post on these things, I simply pray as asked. However I can't help but say to you how sorry I am that you have to go through this. You have all of my prayers, and that of my family. I wish you and your family some peace through this, and your daughter a speedy recovery. Let me also thank you profoundly for your service to our country during what must be such a difficult time. You are the epitomy of what an American "should" be. I salute you sir.

KCJake 04-07-2005 10:46 PM

So sorry. Keep hope

Old Dog 04-08-2005 04:13 AM

Update: The CT,MRI,EEG and lab work have all come back normal, so the MD's are saying "tincture of time" for right now at least, may do a spinal tap and/or some other test in the AM.
Liz (aka Mom/wife) said she remembered her nurses name today. I know it may sound small, but it was music to my ears.

I can't possibly say how much your thoguhts and words mean. I am aware that a whole lot of folks do actually say words to these requests without posting. I have done so myself numerous times.

mcan 04-08-2005 05:25 AM

Quote:

Update: The CT,MRI,EEG and lab work have all come back normal, so the MD's are saying "tincture of time" for right now at least, may do a spinal tap and/or some other test in the AM.
Liz (aka Mom/wife) said she remembered her nurses name today. I know it may sound small, but it was music to my ears.

I can't possibly say how much your thoguhts and words mean. I am aware that a whole lot of folks do actually say words to these requests without posting. I have done so myself numerous times.

That's beautiful... Glad to hear that she's making progress. Again, let me reitterate that my thoughts are with you right now.

Gaz 04-08-2005 07:26 AM

Best wishes...

That must be terrifying. Particularly since you are so far away. I feel for you and will be in my thoughts.

xoxo~
Gaz
Cannot even imagine it.

Coach 04-08-2005 08:04 AM

Quote:

Excellent to hear. I'll still keep praying for a speedy recovery. Any positive small news is always good. :)

footaction9 04-08-2005 09:12 AM

I am really sad to hear about your situation. May God be with you and your family in this difficult time. I work at Truman Med so I can send a prayer just across the street. I see CMH out my window. God Bless you and your family.

ck_IN 04-08-2005 10:14 AM

Good luck and all the best.

bringbackmarty 04-08-2005 11:01 AM

consider it done. good luck! She's in good hands at C.M.H. it's really one of the best. Probably stress related, try not to worry, focus on your job if you can to take the pressure off, I know it's hard. We will all be praying for you and your daughter.

WilliamTheIrish 04-08-2005 11:07 AM

Quote:

This is really good news. My first thought/fear in cases like this is some type of neoplasm infringing on the brain.

So.. baby steps. Baby steps. Let's hope this little victory is the stsrt on her road to recovery.

bogie 04-08-2005 11:44 AM

I can't imagine what you're going through. I will keep positive thoughts for your daughter. Call her as much as possible and tell her you are her Daddy and you love her as much as possible. The power of Love is very strong.

Rain Man 04-08-2005 01:06 PM

I hope she's continuing to recover quickly. Best of luck.

Duck Dog 04-08-2005 03:46 PM

Best wishes have been sent from the Duck Dog house. Including my dog Dixie.

I hope she recovers. God speed from Iraq.

Color Red 04-08-2005 04:16 PM

We won't let you be alone on this. I'm a dad and I'm all over your fear and need. I'm praying for you.

Mosbonian 04-08-2005 04:49 PM

With my children (along with my wife) being my world and reason for existence my heart goes out to you in this time of need. Like others have said before me, one can never imagine how much you are going thru. Please be comforted by the fact that you have many thoughts and prayers going out for you and your family.

Please also know that we wish you godspeed, stay strong, and stay safe. A heartfelt thank you and my deepest admiration for your service to your country, especially during this time of personal crisis.

mmaddog

memyselfI 04-08-2005 07:47 PM

Prayers and blessings to you, your daughter, and your family.

tommykat 04-08-2005 07:51 PM

I am so sorry to read this. My prayers are with you and your family. My prayer is that God will reach down and lay a hand on her so that all will be OK and return her memory.

Thank you for serving our Country and making sure we are safe! I pray that God and His angels are around you even when times hit that you don't think you feel His presence. Keep us posted.....

TK~

Old Dog 04-08-2005 08:20 PM

Thank you all again.
New Update: Discharge from the hospital without any large gain in memory. She is starting to recall very few small things at times and more of them. Things like "Grandpa drinks coffee", she used to live in Texas, and a few other various things. Small, but large at the same time.

milkman 04-08-2005 08:32 PM

Every step forward is a good thing.

Glad to hear that she has remembered some little things.
I'll keep sending my thoughts her way.