ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ebola (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113774)

milkman 04-07-2005 06:52 PM

Ebola

You just don't listen.

I said to do the research on deals between the Chiefs and Raiders, but you just didn't listen.

You neg repped me because you insist that the Chiefs traded for Chester McGlockton, a claim that I have already proven wrong on this board before.

So here it is again.

http://slam.canoe.ca/FootballNFL97Re...AFCREPT-R.html

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
------------------

The Chiefs are padding their defensive line with Pro Bowlers.
The Chiefs Friday signed unrestricted free agent DE Leslie
O'Neal, the eighth all-time leading sacker in NFL history, to a
three-year contract and announced that they tendered an offer
sheet to Oakland Raiders "franchise" player Chester McGlockton

before Thursday's midnight deadline. The 33-year-old O'Neal, a
six-time Pro Bowl selection, has compiled 122 1/2 sacks in 164
career NFL games. He recorded 10 sacks or more in a season eight
times. The Raiders have until midnight tonight to match the
Chiefs' offer to McGlockton. If the offer is not matched,
Oakland receives a compensatory pick believed to be between the
first and second round (31st overall) plus a second-round pick
from Kansas City, in this weekend's draft.

OAKLAND RAIDERS
---------------

The Raiders are not expected to match the offer sheet tendered
to free agent DT Chester McGlockton by Kansas City. If the offer
is not matched, Oakland receives a compensatory pick believed to
be between the first and second round (31st overall) plus a
second-round pick from Kansas City, in this weekend's draft.
With virtually no room under their salary cap, the Raiders
elected not to guarantee a one-year tender offer to McGlockton,
giving the four-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle an opportunity to
field offers from other teams. ... The Raiders will likely use
the fourth overall pick in Saturday's draft on Michigan CB
Charles Woodson, the first defensive player to win the Heisman
Trophy. The last time the Raiders drafted a Heisman Trophy
winner was back in 1988 when they selected Notre Dame WR Tim
Brown with the sixth overall pick.
OK, here's more.

Bwana 04-07-2005 07:34 PM

Ok then.

chiefs4me 04-07-2005 08:19 PM

:deevee:

milkman 04-07-2005 08:21 PM

I don't care about the rep, but damn it, I want Ebola to acknowledge that he made a mistake.

Spott 04-07-2005 08:29 PM

Lol. According to that article, we are still waiting to see if Elway is going to retire this year.

milkman 04-07-2005 08:34 PM

This article is, of course, from 1998.

milkman 04-07-2005 09:18 PM

Well, I'm done for the night here.
I just want to bring this back up to the top so that Ebola will see this hopefully.

Eleazar 04-07-2005 09:37 PM

I think we did have to send them a pick for the franchise but it was indeed not a trade.

Rocky 04-07-2005 11:02 PM

Take him we need a line backer anywayz hes old take him.

milkman 04-08-2005 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
I think we did have to send them a pick for the franchise but it was indeed not a trade.

Read the material.
It clearly states that Chet was a FA, and the pick the Raiders received from the Chiefs was compensation required by the league because he was their franchise player.

The Raiders didn't trade Chet to the Chiefs.
They simply did not match the Chiefs offer.

OH, and where the **** are you Ebola?

Abba-Dabba 04-08-2005 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
Read the material.
It clearly states that Chet was a FA, and the pick the Raiders received from the Chiefs was compensation required by the league because he was their franchise player.

The Raiders didn't trade Chet to the Chiefs.
They simply did not match the Chiefs offer.

OH, and where the **** are you Ebola?

He was a EFA. And he had to get permission from the Raiders to talk to other teams. He was simply not a unrestricted free agent, free to go wherever he wanted.

Any team entering negotiations with him at that point realizes that if he does sign they have to trade the pick to the team who has the rights to the player.

Sorry SideWinder, you are wrong on this.

milkman 04-08-2005 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saggysack
He was a EFA. And he had to get permission from the Raiders to talk to other teams. He was simply not a unrestricted free agent, free to go wherever he wanted.

Any team entering negotiations with him at that point realizes that if he does sign they have to trade the pick to the team who has the rights to the player.

What the hell are you talking about?
What the hell is a EFA?

He was the Raiders Franchise free agent.
The Chiefs didn't have to ask permission to talk to him.

Abba-Dabba 04-08-2005 06:43 PM

SideWinder, I understand why you think it wasn't a trade. No, it was not a trade in the conventional sense. But, it still was a trade. If it wasn't, KC wouldn't of had to give Oakland a 2nd round pick for the rights to him.

KC knew entering negotiations that if Oakland didn't match they would have to trade their 2nd rounder for the rights to him.

milkman 04-08-2005 06:49 PM

God, you people can be a pain sometimes.

Here's more about Chet's FA status at the time.

http://www.phins.com/news98/News_9804151336.html

Apr 15, 1998: -- Chester McGlockton may get an Offer --

Related Links
The Miami Herald and the Sun-Sentinel are both reporting this morning that the Dolphins are interested in signing Oakland defensive tackle Chester McGlockton now that Oakland has refused to guarantee his franchise tag. The Herald is further reporting that Dolphins' Director of Football Operations Bob Ackles "spent Tuesday afternoon negotiating with the player's agent in hopes of signing him to an offer sheet before Thursday."

According to a deal reached earlier this week between the NFL and the players association, all teams that have a franchise player designated must have guaranteed that player's contract by 4 PM yesterday or that player became what amounts to a restricted free agent.

It's a special situation that needs some explaining. Basically, if a team guaranteed a player's salary yesterday, they retained the franchise rights to that player and everything that goes with it. If they chose not to guarantee the salary, then the compensation price for that player went way down.

In McGlockton's case, if any team can sign him to an offer sheet, the Raiders will have 24 hours to match that offer. If the Raiders don't match, then the team signing McGlockton must give up some compensation, but that compensation will be much lower than the 2 first round draft picks that they would have had to give up if McGlockton had stayed the Raiders' guaranteed franchise player.

The compensation that the signing team will have to give up depends on when McGlockton signs the offer sheet. If he signs it before midnight tomorrow, then the signing team will have to give up a 2nd round pick in this year's draft to the Raiders. If McGlockton doesn't sign with anyone before tomorrow at midnight, then the signing team must give up a 1st and a 3rd round pick in the 1999 draft to the Raiders.

Obviously, it's to the signing team's advantage to get a deal done before tomorrow night.

Other teams that might be in the running for McGlockton are reported to be Kansas City, Jacksonville and Denver.

In other related news, the Dolphins did guarantee the franchise tag that they placed on Tim Bowens, meaning that they must pay him at least the $2.88 million average price of last year's 5 highest paid defensive tackles in the NFL.

Abba-Dabba 04-08-2005 06:49 PM

Quote:

What the hell are you talking about?
What the hell is a EFA?

He was the Raiders Franchise free agent.
The Chiefs didn't have to ask permission to talk to him.

Exclusive rights free agent. Chester McGlockton was not franchised. Oakland didn't have to use the franchise tag for a player they already had rights to. That is just stupid.

Do some research.

You obviously don't follow along too well. I didn't say KC had to get permission to speak with him. I said he has to get permission from Oakland to talk to other teams.

Abba-Dabba 04-08-2005 06:53 PM

SideWinder, please tell me why a team would franchise EFA player.

milkman 04-08-2005 06:54 PM

Quote:

SideWinder, I understand why you think it wasn't a trade. No, it was not a trade in the conventional sense. But, it still was a trade. If it wasn't, KC wouldn't of had to give Oakland a 2nd round pick for the rights to him.

KC knew entering negotiations that if Oakland didn't match they would have to trade their 2nd rounder for the rights to him.

So according to your line of reasoning, if Tony Gonzalez were a FA, and the Chiefs placed the franchise tag on him, then the Raiders signed him to an offer sheet, which the Cheifs then didn't match, getting a pair of first rounders in return as required compensation, then that is a trade.

Am I right?

Abba-Dabba 04-08-2005 06:57 PM

Quote:

So according to your line of reasoning, if Tony Gonzalez were a FA, and the Chiefs placed the franchise tag on him, then the Raiders signed him to an offer sheet, which the Chiefs then didn't match, getting a pair of first rounders in return as required compensation, then that is a trade.

Am I right?

Do you know the different classifications of free agents and what they mean?

Chester wasn't a UFA, he was EFA. Meaning Oakland still had rights to him.

milkman 04-08-2005 06:58 PM

Quote:

Exclusive rights free agent. Chester McGlockton was not franchised. Oakland didn't have to use the franchise tag for a player they already had rights to. That is just stupid.

Do some research.

You obviously don't follow along too well. I didn't say KC had to get permission to speak with him. I said he has to get permission from Oakland to talk to other teams.

You obviously can't read to damn well.

The link I provided, and the material I copied and posted on this subject clearly states he was a franchise FA.

I did the research.
I posted the proof.

You simply refuse to acknowledge that you are mistaken.

Abba-Dabba 04-08-2005 07:01 PM

Quote:

You obviously can't read to damn well.

The link I provided, and the material I copied and posted on this subject clearly states he was a franchise FA.

I did the research.
I posted the proof.

You simply refuse to acknowledge that you are mistaken.

You are telling me how it was and you don't even know what a EFA is. Classic. ROFL

milkman 04-08-2005 07:18 PM

Quote:

You are telling me how it was and you don't even know what a EFA is. Classic. ROFL

Laugh all you want.
I admit that I'd forgotten that EFA was exclusive rights FA, although I know what an exclusive rights FA is.

That doesn't change the fact that the material I provided clearly shows that the Raiders didn't tag him with the exclusive rights tag.

It also clearly shows that the Raiders didn't have to grant the Chiefs, or any other team permission to talk to Chet.

It also clearly shows that not only did they not tag him with the exclusive rights tag, they wouldn't even guarantee his franchise tag.

If they had, the Chiefs would have been required to send 2 first round picks.

The information I posted tells it how it is.

So **** off dickbreath.

Gav Daddy 04-08-2005 07:26 PM

ok gang.....

he was a f.a. and the pick we got was a comp at the end of the 1st round. his name was leon bender. he died prior to camp while he was taking a shower.

the league does not comp for franchise tags. the team getting the player does.

ergo... no franchise tag.

part of the criteria when a team gets comped for a f.a., is how much that free agent signed for. 30 mil for 5 years if i remember correctly. another part of it is free agents signed versus free agents lost. if you sign more free agents which have a collective value MORE than the ones you lost, you get squat. in other words if baltimore lost ray lewis but signed randy moss they wouldnt get anything.

if they lost ray lewis and hey didnt sign anyone from free agency they would more than likely get a first.

that is why it was so high. we werent too busy that offseason.

go to drafthistory.com and we will all see the chiefs did not give us any pick. look at the chiefs draft and the raiders draft.

leon was the last pick taken in the first round that year.

exclusive rights franchise tag= noone can talk to said player without that current teams permission.

non exclusive right franchise tag=player and agent can TRY and line up deals.

chester was neither though.

btw.... there is no TEAM compensation for a transitional player. only a right to match like we did with brown,when he signed on the dotted line with denver.

teedubya 04-08-2005 08:37 PM

Sindwider is a whiney bitch, neg rep him repeatedly.
God, we can be a pain sometimes.

milkman 04-08-2005 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali Chi3fs
Sindwider is a whiney bitch, neg rep him repeatedly.
God, we can be a pain sometimes.

Go for it. Have fun.

Over-Head 04-08-2005 08:53 PM

No matter how he ended up in a Red uniform, he was a slug, didn't do shit for us in Oaktown, and obviously didn't do squat in KS. :shake:

Brock 04-09-2005 08:06 AM

Quote:

That's not a trade, no matter how many times you say it is.

KcMizzou 04-09-2005 08:56 AM

Why does this matter?

beavis 04-09-2005 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
Why does this matter?

I was considering this question myself. I think this thread is what they call "teh ghey".

Ebolapox 04-09-2005 11:31 AM

heh heh... sidewinder, I stand corrected... I remembered sending a pick to the raiders for chet, but I guess in retrospect it wasn't officially a 'trade'

and as for the neg rep, heh heh... it's just rep, dude... it's not life/death, nor will it affect your everyday life outside of chiefsplanet... unless you have drastically low self-esteem, and in that case, I'll send some positive your way eventually

-EB-

milkman 04-09-2005 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EBOLA
heh heh... sidewinder, I stand corrected... I remembered sending a pick to the raiders for chet, but I guess in retrospect it wasn't officially a 'trade'

and as for the neg rep, heh heh... it's just rep, dude... it's not life/death, nor will it affect your everyday life outside of chiefsplanet... unless you have drastically low self-esteem, and in that case, I'll send some positive your way eventually

-EB-

I only mentioned the rep as a reason to post this thread, since you didn't respond to the thread that trades with Raiders were discussed.

I just want to be certain that you saw this.

The only reason I even bother to check my rep is to see if someone had something to say about a post, that they didn't respond on the board, which seems to happen quite frequently.

I only discovered that fact the other day when someone posted a thread asking about average posts per day, and I didn't know where to find that number.

Ebolapox 04-10-2005 12:35 PM

Quote:

I only mentioned the rep as a reason to post this thread, since you didn't respond to the thread that trades with Raiders were discussed.

I just want to be certain that you saw this.

The only reason I even bother to check my rep is to see if someone had something to say about a post, that they didn't respond on the board, which seems to happen quite frequently.

I only discovered that fact the other day when someone posted a thread asking about average posts per day, and I didn't know where to find that number.

as often as I'm on the board these days, and the lack of search function, it's hard to keep up these days... sorry bout' that, I wasn't dodging you intentionally

-EB-

Ebolapox 11-17-2012 01:49 PM

holy shit, blast from the past.

headsnap 11-17-2012 01:50 PM

what ever happened to that Ebola dude?

Simply Red 11-17-2012 02:08 PM

I don't remember Ebola, but man I miss SaggySack, i think SaggySack moved away to another country, he was such a rebel.

Bowser 11-17-2012 02:10 PM

haha, bant

Ebolapox 11-17-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsnap (Post 9125187)
what ever happened to that Ebola dude?

oh, he was a DICK. I'm glad that ****er is gone.

R8RFAN 11-17-2012 02:12 PM

Chester begged Marty to take him and get him off of the Raiders team....
I remember him looking at Marty after a play and saying something similar..

Simply Red 11-17-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h5n1 (Post 9125242)
oh, he was a DICK. I'm glad that ****er is gone.

now that i think about it, I DO remember his/her S.N. - but i can't recollect any instances of any of his/her posts.

Ebolapox 11-17-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9125256)
now that i think about it, I DO remember his/her S.N. - but i can't recollect any instances of any of his/her posts.

just a total douche. I hear he got murdered by Scott Pioli.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-17-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9125243)
Chester begged Marty to take him and get him off of the Raiders team....
I remember him looking at Marty after a play and saying something similar..

Anyone could lip read the "I want to be a Chief" line.

R8RFAN 11-17-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9125724)
Anyone could lip read the "I want to be a Chief" line.

You remember it?

Mr. Flopnuts 11-17-2012 05:19 PM

Absolutely. I was thrilled. Until he actually played here anyway...

R8RFAN 11-17-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9125741)
Absolutely. I was thrilled. Until he actually played here anyway...

yup... He was a lazy POS

Pasta Little Brioni 11-17-2012 05:29 PM

I miss the rivalry. It's dried up and withered away.

R8RFAN 11-17-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9125775)
I miss the rivalry. It's dried up and withered away.

Oh BS, if thE Cheaps would have beat us you would have been still talking about it :doh!:

nstygma 11-17-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h5n1 (Post 9125718)

actually, didn't ebola and mr blonde elope and move to Kazakhstan?

Ebolapox 11-17-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstygma (Post 9125800)
actually, didn't ebola and mr blonde elope and move to Kazakhstan?

nope, pretty sure he went nuts and became a politician.

SAUTO 11-17-2012 05:51 PM

Black bob was an ebola mult
Posted via Mobile Device

Ebolapox 11-17-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9125831)
Black bob was an ebola mult
Posted via Mobile Device

well, clearly.

Ebolapox 11-17-2012 05:52 PM

I mean--Ebola was a young black man who was angry at the world.

SAUTO 11-17-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h5n1 (Post 9125834)
I mean--Ebola was a young black man who was angry at the world.

But did he like to put the penis in his mouth?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ebolapox 11-17-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9125842)
But did he like to put the penis in his mouth?
Posted via Mobile Device

on that, I'm shoeless.

SAUTO 11-17-2012 05:58 PM

Shoeless?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ebolapox 11-17-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9125854)
Shoeless?
Posted via Mobile Device

(it rhymes with clueless) you clearly don't watch south park.

SAUTO 11-17-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h5n1 (Post 9125859)
(it rhymes with clueless) you clearly don't watch south park.

Sorry. I don't. Always thought out was pretty ****ing ignorant. That one ****ers voice made me want to slap babies and kick puppies
Posted via Mobile Device

Ebolapox 11-17-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9125872)
Sorry. I don't. Always thought out was pretty ****ing ignorant. That one ****ers voice made me want to slap babies and kick puppies
Posted via Mobile Device

yeah, I won't disagree with you on that one. back on topic... facts about ebola:

he's a crazy, black politician who doesn't suck cock yet did believe chester mcglockton had been acquired via trade.

SAUTO 11-17-2012 06:15 PM

You sure he doesn't suck cock? Not even once?

He didn't have to like it...
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 11-17-2012 06:16 PM

Kissing is equal to sucking when it's cock you're talking about
Posted via Mobile Device

Ebolapox 11-17-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9125896)
Kissing is equal to sucking when it's cock you're talking about
Posted via Mobile Device

if he were here (and we're close, so I feel I can offer a bit of his wisdom), he'd ask you what your obsession was with sucking cocks.

SAUTO 11-17-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h5n1 (Post 9125901)
if he were here (and we're close, so I feel I can offer a bit of his wisdom), he'd ask you what your obsession was with sucking cocks.

Well if he is actually a black bob mult (which with his posting style that's the way I'm leaning) he has admittedly sucked on the penis...
Posted via Mobile Device

Ebolapox 11-17-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9125906)
Well if he is actually a black bob mult (which with his posting style that's the way I'm leaning) he has admittedly sucked on the penis...
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow. I have no words.

Bugeater 11-17-2012 07:50 PM

What the hell is going on here?

SAUTO 11-17-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h5n1 (Post 9125928)
Wow. I have no words.

It's true.

And ftr I know who ebola actually is...
Posted via Mobile Device

headsnap 11-17-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h5n1 (Post 9125718)

yup, you should know the story... :)

he did have a cool avatar though...