ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Who on this board still believe Chiefs will make the playoffs this year? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=127942)

chiefsfan1963 11-01-2005 02:33 PM

Who on this board still believe Chiefs will make the playoffs this year?

I still believe 7-2 or 6-3 is very possible for this team. I'm curious who else agrees or disagrees. Please step up and be counted. Thanks.

ChiefsFan4Life 11-01-2005 02:34 PM

They still have a shot, but they need to get their act together to "sell me" more.

Dunit35 11-01-2005 02:36 PM

I believe, but they cant afford slow starts to games and the D giving up 350 yards a game passing. But I do believe.

Cormac 11-01-2005 02:36 PM

I still think they'll make it. But they're too inconsistent right now to get deep into the playoffs.

Area 51 11-01-2005 02:37 PM

No Chiefs fan in their right mind would rule it out at this point in th season. We are 4-3, not great but by far not out of the race.

TRing 11-01-2005 02:38 PM

The games that worry me are the Cowboys and Giants at there house.

Of course the Broncos are playing well this year, but I think we get the win in Arrowhead.

I'm just really not the type to give up on them after week 8.

chiefsfan1963 11-01-2005 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Area 51
No Chiefs fan in their right mind would rule it out at this point in th season. We are 4-3, not great but by far not out of the race.

I'm not asking if you think they are in or out of the race for the playoffs, I'm asking do you believe they will make it. Yes or no. Step up and be counted.

KChiefs1 11-01-2005 02:41 PM

I think they have a great chance still...all their remaining division games are at Arrowhead & their schedule lightens up a little eventhough any game in the NFL is a crapshoot.

I'm cautiously optimistic. :)

Munson 11-01-2005 02:42 PM

I like their chances if they can win the next 3 games vs Oakland, Buffalo, and Houston.

Area 51 11-01-2005 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan1963
I'm not asking if you think they are in or out of the race for the playoffs, I'm asking do you believe they will make it. Yes or no. Step up and be counted.

Think about what I said.

That being said, I do believe I'm in my right mind and I am a Chiefs fan.

HemiEd 11-01-2005 02:43 PM

I am thinking 12-4 (Giants loss), Deep into the playoffs. :D

chiefsfan1963 11-01-2005 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRing

Of course the Broncos are playing well this year, but I think we get the win in Arrowhead.

No one is giving up on them. The question is do you believe they will make the playoffs or not. What say ye? If you say no I won't conclude
you are giving up on them, just that in your hearts of heart you don't believe they make it this year.

funk monkey 11-01-2005 02:44 PM

The chiefs could have definately gone 7 and 2... we should have beaten those chargers last week if we used Gonzalez as much as we did the second half and if we didnt let that last easy touchdown... we definately have the defense this year because of the good draft, despite some minor cornerback weaknesses, and there could be some more improvment in the offensive line besides the AMAZING Jared Allan, who by the way basically won us that raiders game against the amazing randy moss, and willie roalf who is just now starting to play to his full potential because of the recent injury. Green didnt even have any time to make a play because of how poorly our line played in the first half.(by the way, Trent played really well even though his father recently died, i think he finally got over it around the second half when we made our almost comeback) WE should be at least 7 and 2.

chiefsfan1963 11-01-2005 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRing

Answer the question do believe they will make the playoffs? Yes or no.
Be honest.

jiveturkey 11-01-2005 02:48 PM

I belive that we make it.

kcjayhawks5 11-01-2005 02:48 PM

truthfully? there is no way this team makes the playoffs. How could they? Wildcard? no way man. It hurts to say it, but this team just does not play good against good teams and i know that the rest of our schedule is pretty cupcake but the players will realize that and go out with a "Oh this team is no good we will kill them" attitude and the chiefs will probably lose to some teams that they should beat. So again i say no playoffs for the 2005 KC Chiefs. there is always next year.

Dartgod 11-01-2005 02:49 PM

Quote:

Not me. I've given up hope and cashed in my season tickets. Maybe next year...

HemiEd 11-01-2005 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funk monkey
The chiefs could have definately gone 7 and 2... we should have beaten those chargers last week if we used Gonzalez as much as we did the second half and if we didnt let that last easy touchdown... we definately have the defense this year because of the good draft, despite some minor cornerback weaknesses, and there could be some more improvment in the offensive line besides the AMAZING Jared Allan, who by the way basically won us that raiders game against the amazing randy moss, and willie roalf who is just now starting to play to his full potential because of the recent injury. Green didnt even have any time to make a play because of how poorly our line played in the first half.(by the way, Trent played really well even though his father recently died, i think he finally got over it around the second half when we made our almost comeback) WE should be at least 7 and 2.

Welcome to the planet, nice post.

chiefsfan1963 11-01-2005 02:49 PM

Quote:

Think about what I said.

That being said, I do believe I'm in my right mind and I am a Chiefs fan.

You can be a Chiefs fan and not believe Chiefs are going to the playoffs this year. I know they have a chance so do all the teams in the league that's not my question. Do you believe they will be in the playoffs this year? Yes or no.

chagrin 11-01-2005 02:51 PM

We've lost as many "in division" games as we can take. Any more and we will not make it. I still have us going 10-6, no problem

Mr. Laz 11-01-2005 02:52 PM

maybe ... but it's difficult to make it if your the 3rd best team in your own division.

and they lost to the chargers and dungvar

we MUST beat both at home or we will prolly be sitting at home come playoff time.

chiefsfan1963 11-01-2005 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcjayhawks5
truthfully? there is no way this team makes the playoffs. How could they? Wildcard? no way man. It hurts to say it, but this team just does not play good against good teams and i know that the rest of our schedule is pretty cupcake but the players will realize that and go out with a "Oh this team is no good we will kill them" attitude and the chiefs will probably lose to some teams that they should beat. So again i say no playoffs for the 2005 KC Chiefs. there is always next year.

thanks for being honest. a lot of folks have hard time answering this question because in their mind it may diminish their status as a Chiefs fan.

Warrior5 11-01-2005 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funk monkey

uh...should I even try?

TRing 11-01-2005 02:56 PM

Yes. Chalk me up as a believer!

ChiefsGirl 11-01-2005 02:56 PM

I for one, believe this team will make the playoffs. Whether they do anything when they get there is a different story.

chiefsfan1963 11-01-2005 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
maybe ... but it's difficult to make it if your the 3rd best team in your own division.

and they lost to the chargers and dungvar

we MUST beat both at home or we will prolly be sitting at home come playoff time.

Translation: Laz is not a believer that the Chiefs will be playing in the post season this year. Let me know if I have correctly understood you.

Red Dawg 11-01-2005 02:57 PM

I will rule it out. We will not make it.

Ebolapox 11-01-2005 02:58 PM

I believe--however, deep into the playoffs is questionable

-EB-...highly questionable

shakesthecat 11-01-2005 03:01 PM

Sure, why not.

Mr. Laz 11-01-2005 03:02 PM

Quote:

Translation: Laz is not a believer that the Chiefs will be playing in the post season this year. Let me know if I have correctly understood you.

not unless we improve...

but it's possible, if our offense gets it's crap together and takes some of the pressure off our defense.

i this point you can't really say with any conviction YES or NO

this team is a big fat MAYBE

Chief Henry 11-01-2005 03:07 PM

Quote:

You can be a Chiefs fan and not believe Chiefs are going to the playoffs this year. I know they have a chance so do all the teams in the league that's not my question. Do you believe they will be in the playoffs this year? Yes or no.

NO, I don't think they'll make the playoffs.

Why?

Because our coach's make bone headed offensive play calls...aka
Tony Gonzalez not seeing the ball enough....and 3rd down and two from the four pass, when we had two run attempts in our pocket.

Why?

Because our offense is very INCONSISTENT. Even when we were leading the league the last 3 years in numerous offensive catagories,
we still had way too many 3 and outs. Now that our offensive line is
on geritol, our offense is not getting better consistently.

Why?

Because we have a team that calls a valuable time out to kick a 20 yard fricking field goal. Would a 25 yard field goal been that more difficult to
make?

Why?

Because our Chiefs leadership screwed up our defense years ago :banghead: and waisted our offense before they got old.
DAMMIT CARL

Why?

Because our current coaching staff can't make (on the fly)
decisions to save there sorry asses.

Why?

Because Our offensive cordinator trys to be too dam cute with his
fricken play calling. Fake reverses, play action passes on 3rd and long
(do defenses think were going to run on 3rd and long) :banghead:

Why?

Because it appears our offensive cordinator does not give Trent Green enough opprotunity to call his own plays.

Why ?

Because our defensive line is the WORST in PROFOOTBALL. :cuss:
We get no push up the middle what so ever.

Why ?

Because of two draft picks called Sims and Freeman that were BUST
on the D.Line and that caused our defensive line to be the worst in
Pro Football.

Why ?

Becasue we have no down field threats offensively. Our wide outs
can't shake free from a cold.

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

I hope and pray that I'm wrong...

HemiEd 11-01-2005 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
not unless we improve...

but it's possible, if our offense gets it's crap together and takes some of the pressure off our defense.

i this point you can't really say with any conviction YES or NO

this team is a big fat MAYBE

The 2001 Patriots were 3 up and 4 down after seven games. :D They also had two losses in thier division and one of them was a home game against the Jets.

Mr. Laz 11-01-2005 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
The 2001 Patriots were 3 up and 4 down after seven games. :D They also had two losses in thier division and one of them was a home game against the Jets.

so your saying that this Chiefs team is the 2001 patriots?

looks like we'll have super rings in abundance then

:p

Boyceofsummer 11-01-2005 03:15 PM

No playoffs....................

This team is 9-7 or 7-9 at best. They have the toughest schedule between Denver,San Diego and KC. Can you say, rebuild?

StcChief 11-01-2005 03:24 PM

AFC very strong Conference.
We must win next 3. Oak, @Buff, @Hou

The conf games need W
Cincy - likely tiebreaker implications.
Pats - likely tiebreaker implications.

Division games at home
SD - Should win on Christmas eve.
Dungver - could lose because they are playing well

NonConf Loss on road
Dallas - W
NYG - L

At this point Chiefs are way too inconsistent...
Wild card best shot
Road playoffs games

Baring major miracles. We are not there. massive rebuild.

Another wasted 5 year plan. :banghead: :banghead:

Area 51 11-01-2005 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Not me. I've given up hope and cashed in my season tickets. Maybe next year...

As Bill Cosby would say:

RRRRRRRIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTT

HemiEd 11-01-2005 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boyceofsummer
This team is 9-7 or 7-9 at best. They have the toughest schedule between Denver,San Diego and KC. Can you say, rebuild?

you are an idiot

Area 51 11-01-2005 03:31 PM

Quote:

With my first post and the last one I said that I believed without saying yes or no. If you can't figure that one out you need to start doing some studying in cryptology. Not that it was cryptic, but I don't know how you could miss the intent.

HemiEd 11-01-2005 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
so your saying that this Chiefs team is the 2001 patriots?

looks like we'll have super rings in abundance then

:p

I am saying it is sure possible, we are in better shape at this time than they were! :thumb:

tk13 11-01-2005 03:36 PM

I don't know. I do think, as I say every year, there will be a team or two that does not look that great right now that'll get real hot down the stretch and look like a playoff team. Happens every year. Never know who it's going to be... we've certainly got the pieces in place to do it, gotta go out and make it happen though.

seclark 11-01-2005 03:36 PM

i would like to request chief henry to elaborate on his post.
nice job
sec

Dartgod 11-01-2005 03:37 PM

Quote:

As Bill Cosby would say:

RRRRRRRIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTT

Crap, you're on to me. Perhaps I should have included a DAMMIT, CARL!! :cuss:?

Coogs 11-01-2005 03:37 PM

I'm thinking playoffs are a good possibility. Especially if we go 3-0 over the next three weeks. I still need to see something more though to make me think we will make it to Detroit.

RealSNR 11-01-2005 03:40 PM

Is 1963 a dipshit?

Yes.

Will the Chiefs make the playoffs?

Yes.

Will they get far in the playoffs?

No.

Chiefnj 11-01-2005 03:40 PM

It's a possibility as a wildcard. Cincy, Jax and San Diego are the main competition - maybe Buffalo especially if KC loses t them.

To be honest, I don't see them winning a game on the road at Denver, Pitt, NE, etc.

Calcountry 11-01-2005 03:41 PM

The Raiders worry me, this week.

If we lose that one at home, then I am sold on the fact that we are over the hill, window shut, rebuilding, etc.

cdcox 11-01-2005 03:53 PM

My playoff forecasting software says 35%. So I'll answer no, I don't think they will make it. I'm still hopeful, but not expecting it.

MOhillbilly 11-01-2005 03:54 PM

IMO KC will be lucky to split the rest of the season-on the otherhand i can kinda see under all the smoke what this team could really be if they got there ass and head in the right places.

but i doubt kc makes the playoffs because they find as a team ways to lose.

fan4ever 11-01-2005 03:55 PM

Sorry, but I'm going to have to say no to making the playoffs.

They have so many things wrong in so many areas, that I can't see them correcting/improving them enough in the last half of the season. I'm pessimistic, but hopefully things will turnaround just the same, and I'll be pleasantly surprised versus typically disappointed.

Swanman 11-01-2005 04:12 PM

If the season ended today, the Chiefs would be in the playoffs as the 6 seed after winning a strength of victory tiebreaker over Jacksonville.

For the division, despite how bad it seems, the Donks are only one game ahead in the loss column and still have to come to Arrowhead (as do the Bolts and Convicts).

If the Chiefs can take care of business in the next three games, I'll like their chances. Right now I'm still a little pessimistic due to the wild ups and downs so far in the season. Win 3 in a row, 2 being on the road and I'll be more confident about them putting together a consistent 2nd half of the season.

jidar 11-01-2005 04:14 PM

I am very hopeful of making the playoffs, but I admit that the odds are now slightly against.

If I had to bet a paycheck right now, I'd say no.

JBucc 11-01-2005 04:19 PM

I'd say about 65% chance we make a wild card slot

cdcox 11-01-2005 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman
If the season ended today, the Chiefs would be in the playoffs as the 6 seed after winning a strength of victory tiebreaker over Jacksonville.

BZZZZ. You need to move up one tiebreaker level. By the end of the season, we will each have 4 games against a common opponent, so you should use that tiebreaker. In games played so far Jacksonville is 2-1 in these games compared to 1-1 for KC. So they hold the tiebreaker edge, as of now.

Jacksonville has a much easier schedule in the remaining games: Houston (twice), Baltimore, Tennessee (twice), Arizona, Cleveland, and San Francisco. Indy is probably the only game remaining on their schedule that they will not be favored to win.

DTLB58 11-01-2005 04:24 PM

Check out my Avatar.....I'm still standing by it. :)

MOhillbilly 11-01-2005 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58
Check out my Avatar.....I'm still standing by it. :)

wanna bet?

joesomebody 11-01-2005 04:28 PM

I took a look at everyone in the divisions schedule, and tried to guess what will probably happen:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...light=division

and yes, I still beleive we'll make the play offs.

cmh6476 11-01-2005 04:29 PM

present

kcjayhawks5 11-01-2005 05:23 PM

THERE IS NO ****ING WAY THIS TEAM MAKES THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CosmicPal 11-01-2005 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcjayhawks5
THERE IS NO ****ING WAY THIS TEAM MAKES THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Care to enlighten us as to why?

ChiefFripp 11-01-2005 05:30 PM

i think it's possible but I'm already guessing they won't.

kcchuck 11-01-2005 05:38 PM

Still time for the defense to get better, same with offense, who wants another 13&3 season anyway.

10-6

suds79 11-01-2005 05:46 PM

I see the team as 9-7. No playoffs.

the Talking Can 11-01-2005 05:51 PM

uh...no

8-8
9-7

Johnson&Johnson 11-01-2005 05:57 PM

I believe the team wins just enough to sneak into the playoffs and start Over-Achieving at the right time in the post-season. I simply like the number 12-4, which is unlikely because they can't afford to loose just one more game. I don't like 11-5. So I'd say sneak in at 10-6.

I'm thinking SUPERBOWL!!!!! :) and here's why:
Timing and staying healthy is extremely important. Who knows! when we get Simms back in Dec. he'd be playing like a real No.1 pick! and by then, the defense would've played together close to 13-16 games as a unit. We had no Warfield til game 7. No Simms after week 1. DJ is great but still a rookie. My point - defense has been making progress and it'll take a few more games before they gel.

On offense, we have a 2-headed monster in our backfield that's going to be fresh for the post-season! The main thing I like our chances, if we make the post-season, we will have some depth. With all this O-line shuffling earlier, it helps the young guys get a feel of the real game.
:hmmm:

CosmicPal 11-01-2005 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson&Johnson
I believe the team wins just enough to sneak into the playoffs and start Over-Achieving at the right time in the post-season.

And this is precisely what I can agree with. Our defense will improve enough to prevent a few TD drives and our offense is mature, yet deliriously hungry.

We are a very dangerous team and we know we can compete against any team in this league, and should enough things go our way- we could pull off some upsets.

We are capable of going into SD and putting up over 300 yds in the air against a very good D at their home. All in the second half alone. You are not going to lose very many games with those kind of stats.

Mr. Kotter 11-01-2005 06:28 PM

Quote:

I believe the team wins just enough to sneak into the playoffs and start Over-Achieving at the right time in the post-season. I simply like the number 12-4, which is unlikely because they can't afford to loose just one more game. I don't like 11-5. So I'd say sneak in at 10-6.

Timing and staying healthy is extremely important. Who knows! when we get Simms back in Dec. he'd be playing like a real No.1 pick! and by then, the defense would've played together close to 13-16 games as a unit. We had no Warfield til game 7. No Simms after week 1. DJ is great but still a rookie. My point - defense has been making progress and it'll take a few more games before they gel.

On offense, we have a 2-headed monster in our backfield that's going to be fresh for the post-season! The main thing I like our chances, if we make the post-season, we will have some depth. With all this O-line shuffling earlier, it helps the young guys get a feel of the real game.

Boy, I wish I could believe like this.

My prediction, I regret to say: 10-6, WC win (4-5 seed in AFC)....loss to Indy in the second round. Payton makes us his his bitch, instead of the Donkeys.

jidar 11-01-2005 06:32 PM

Quote:

I think you're nuts but I like your enthusiasm.

plbrdude 11-01-2005 06:48 PM

yes i believe

cmh6476 11-01-2005 06:52 PM

undefeated from here on out. We'll have dexter back! (he doesnt make mistakes)

SLAG 11-01-2005 06:53 PM

Winning back to back road games is very hard.
Most GOOD teams can win 50%of those back to back games. The donks got very lucky with the road schedule the NFL gave them. The Chiefs Got Tags Vagina Sand in its mouth. But we have Perservered through Tags' B.S. and we shall Make the Playoffs...If we do ... We beat Peyton last time we played em so Who knows with that game. (I think the 05 Colts are the 03 Chiefs)

Anyway In short .... YES WE WILL BE PLAYING Past JAN. 1

kcfanXIII 11-01-2005 07:04 PM

Quote:

I still believe 7-2 or 6-3 is very possible for this team. I'm curious who else agrees or disagrees. Please step up and be counted. Thanks.

they will have to work very hard. they look under conditioned, and worse under motivated. with exception of the miami game, they haven't played a whole game yet. so yes the playoffs are still within reach, but only with a loud wake up call.

Johnson&Johnson 11-01-2005 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII
they will have to work very hard. they look under conditioned, and worse under motivated. with exception of the miami game, they haven't played a whole game yet. so yes the playoffs are still within reach, but only with a loud wake up call.

The miami game eh! :hmmm:

What did they eat on the flight to Miami that Friday???

Operations!!!! Can you make sure the team gets the same meal and drink they got on the flight to Miami the rest of this season.

Deberg_1990 11-01-2005 07:06 PM

I think they sneak into the playoffs and get bounced in the 1st round....

Johnson&Johnson 11-01-2005 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
I think they sneak into the playoffs and get bounced in the 1st round....

I like to see them bounce the other team. If KC sneaks into the playoff, we'd be the team NOBODY wants to play in the first round. Why, cuz they simply have no idea which team will show up?

kcfanXIII 11-01-2005 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476
undefeated from here on out. We'll have dexter back! (he doesnt make mistakes)

dosen't make mistakes??? i don't know who i dislike more at corner, pointDextor, or billy bartee

Johnson&Johnson 11-01-2005 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII
dosen't make mistakes??? i don't know who i dislike more at corner, pointDextor, or billy bartee

Maybe its not the Corners. Who's this guy Peter Giunta - defensive back coach....he sucks. what a softie. I remember when Wesley used to hit the crap out of players when he came into the league. He's be weak since DV came and brought in Giunta!

Somebody call James Hasty..a while back, he expressed interest in coaching. We need a DB coach with hard-hittin mentality.

morphius 11-01-2005 07:37 PM

I think the team has most of the talent needed to get it done, but not much else as they are often out coached, and play with less want then the other team...

unless there is a big change, the playoffs are not in this teams future.

Eleazar 11-01-2005 07:38 PM

We're going to have to get on a serious role because the competition is stiff in the AFC.

If we were in the NFC west or something, no problem.

joesomebody 11-01-2005 07:38 PM

Quote:

Maybe its not the Corners. Who's this guy Peter Giunta - defensive back coach....he sucks. what a softie. I remember when Wesley used to hit the crap out of players when he came into the league. He's be weak since DV came and brought in Giunta!

Somebody call James Hasty..a while back, he expressed interest in coaching. We need a DB coach with hard-hittin mentality.

Me thinks Woods and Wesley like their big salaries too much now to hit people hard...

mississippichiefan 11-01-2005 07:46 PM

Count me in , I think we will make the playoffs , how far we will go , not quite sure yet . Go Chiefs !!!