ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Afraid of Willis McGahee? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=128319)

Big Chief 11-07-2005 12:05 AM

Afraid of Willis McGahee?

If Lamont Jordan can run for 93 yards on this D, what is Willis McGahee going to do? Shred the D like a Xerox copier machine? Willis was picked ahead of LJ in the 2003 draft even though he had 3 broken bones in his leg. He is a load with speed.

HolmeZz 11-07-2005 12:07 AM

Gameplans were different. We'll be geared to stop the run against Buffalo. Today we focused on the pass. Given that Buffalo likes to pound the ball with McGahee, it's very possible he'll go over 100. If we can get up on them early we can take him out of the game though.

Ecto-I 11-07-2005 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
Gameplans were different. We'll be geared to stop the run against Buffalo. Today we focused on the pass. Given that Buffalo likes to pound the ball with McGahee, it's very possible he'll go over 100. If we can get up on them early we can take him out of the game though.

Couldn't have said it better myselft.

RedDread 11-07-2005 12:09 AM

Didn't Lamont Jordan own the week before he played us? He'll get his yards with the pressure to cover Moss and Porter for Oakland. Gunther's gameplan worked well today, and Dewayne Washington played a hell of a game save for the TD he gave up to moss.

McGahee doesn't get 90 next week.

Miles 11-07-2005 12:11 AM

They have a pretty poor passing attack so its completly different than today. McGahee is a beast and will probably get his yards but their offense tends to stall out on drives quite a lot.

beer bacon 11-07-2005 12:11 AM

It has already been said, but the reason Lamont got his yards today, and the reason he has been getting yards in recent weeks, is because teams are forced to play the pass against the Raiders. On the other hand, Buffalo has a very poor passing attack so we will be playing run first.

cdcox 11-07-2005 12:15 AM

As long as we don't give up the big play, I think we'll be okay.

KCChiefsMan 11-07-2005 12:19 AM

nobody's yelling at this guy because he's a n00b?

KcMizzou 11-07-2005 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan
nobody's yelling at this guy because he's a n00b?

Skip goes to bed early. He's old.

RedDread 11-07-2005 12:25 AM

oh yeah, the assumption that someone is better just because they're a higher draft choice is nuts too....

Pasta Little Brioni 11-07-2005 12:27 AM

jordan got most of his yards against the nickel defense. should be able to put 8 in the box to contain willis. he does run better at home, but no i'm not afraid of him.

Demonpenz 11-07-2005 12:29 AM

yeah 3 broken bones in his knee.....

Miles 11-07-2005 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDread
oh yeah, the assumption that someone is better just because they're a higher draft choice is nuts too....

It will still take quite a bit to convice me that LJ is better. They are pretty similar in styles and characteristics but I still think McGahee is the better back. Plus he is younger.

Digital Takawira 11-07-2005 12:43 AM

oh wait, this is what we'll do to mcgahee....

http://www.prasanth.net/goodones/mcgahee.jpg

CoMoChief 11-07-2005 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Chief
If Lamont Jordan can run for 93 yards on this D, what is Willis McGahee going to do? Shred the D like a Xerox copier machine? Willis was picked ahead of LJ in the 2003 draft even though he had 3 broken bones in his leg. He is a load with speed.

I thought Willis McGahee was a 2nd round pick, LJ was a first rounder I thought.

Miles 11-07-2005 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPimpDude
I thought Willis McGahee was a 2nd round pick, LJ was a first rounder I thought.

McGahee was #23 and LJ #27.

ChiefsFanatic 11-07-2005 02:50 AM

Quote:

LT is better, and except for a TD pass, he didn't kill us. McGahee is good, but how many games has it been since we have given up 100 yards to an individual RB? And I think in that time we have faced some good ones, too.

Miles 11-07-2005 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic
LT is better, and except for a TD pass, he didn't kill us. McGahee is good, but how many games has it been since we have given up 100 yards to an individual RB? And I think in that time we have faced some good ones, too.

Well we did got torched on the passing game at the same time. Im not ready to call our rushing D stout just yet. I know we contained LT but got completly destroyed by Gates. Just that its hard to tell whether we are playing for the run when that kind of thing happens.

Though keeping Jordan from going over 100yds while doing a good job on the pass D has me fairly optomistic.

Abba-Dabba 11-07-2005 03:20 AM

Quote:

Week 10 2004 season. Deuce McAllister, 127yds.

Which is quite impressive to say the least. Since the last time we have given up a 100yd rusher we have faced Tomlinson 3 times, Edgerin James, Corey Dillon, Chris Brown, Curtis Martin and Clinton Portis all once.

ChiefsFanatic 11-07-2005 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles
Well we did got torched on the passing game at the same time. Im not ready to call our rushing D stout just yet. I know we contained LT but got completly destroyed by Gates. Just that its hard to tell whether we are playing for the run when that kind of thing happens.

Though keeping Jordan from going over 100yds while doing a good job on the pass D has me fairly optomistic.

Brees and Gates. Not Holcumb and Mark Campbell.

keg in kc 11-07-2005 03:46 AM

We've held 6 of the 8 teams we've played under 100 yards, much less individual backs. Washington only ran for 101. Denver was the one and only game where the run defense struggled.

Miles 11-07-2005 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
Denver was the one and only game where the run defense struggled.

Which can tend to happen when you get blown out. Im trying not to get too optomistic but i think this will be the second week we dont get destroyed by individual offensive player.

Miles 11-07-2005 03:55 AM

Quote:

Brees and Gates. Not Holcumb and Mark Campbell.

Holcomb and Moulds has been decent as of late though.

donkhater 11-07-2005 06:44 AM

Maybe LJ can play the 'disrespect' card against Buffalo and McGahee. Show them what they missed by passing up on him in the draft and taking a gimp.

Come on LJ. Who is really the better back?

heh-heh. I like playing instigator .

Extra Point 11-07-2005 07:00 AM

The Randy Moss had one catch yesterday. Although it was for the lead, he was held to one catch. Let them run the ball. The sense of urgency and the confidence are in the offense now. The run only eats up the clock. Let them pass the ball-- our combination in the D backfield that played yesterday have a good shot holding them from the big plays.

The Bad Guy 11-07-2005 07:18 AM

Since when is 93 a lot of yards?

There were a ton of QBs taken over Tom Brady too, does that mean they are all better than him?

This is why noobs shouldn't be allowed to post topics until they've had about 30 posts.

patteeu 11-07-2005 07:33 AM

I'd rather be facing a run-oriented team with our defense than a pass-oriented team or a balanced-attack team. It would be even better if JP Losman were still lining up at QB.

htismaqe 11-07-2005 08:36 AM

Willis won't get 100.

Duck Dog 11-07-2005 08:46 AM

McGahee is on my fantasy team, so I've been watching him play when I can. He is a work horse who (it seems) seldom breaks for big yardage. He'll get his 110 yards on 30 carriers like every other week and maybe a score. He's not near the threat that LT is.

ck_IN 11-07-2005 08:49 AM

He won't do much of anything. The Bills are 1 deminsional. They're better with Holcombe then Loseman but they still have no offense.

If I'm Gun I stack the box with 8 and challenge Holcombe to beat me.

BigRedChief 11-07-2005 09:08 AM

Quote:

And if McGahee is that good what does that make Tomilson? God? Run defense is not the issue. We are a top ten run defense because our passing game sucks and a 3rd string QB with no WR's ain't gonns beat us. I don't care if it is on the road. November is trationally when you start to see the seperation of teams. It's exactly games like this that determine your season. We go to 6-3 on the road and continue our playoff hopes and the Bills fall to 3-6 and start thinking of next year.

We will take care of business on Sunday. :harumph:

Chiefs Pantalones 11-07-2005 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ck_IN
He won't do much of anything. The Bills are 1 deminsional. They're better with Holcombe then Loseman but they still have no offense.

If I'm Gun I stack the box with 8 and challenge Holcombe to beat me.

Lee Evans and Eric Moulds would have something to say about that.

Our pass defense better be prepared, and more importantly, our pass rush better be on. This game, and the Houston game scare me.