ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   "You're one of the TOPS at writing speculating articles, so write whatever you want" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=132253)

Kylo Ren 12-27-2005 12:13 PM

"You're one of the TOPS at writing speculating articles, so write whatever you want"

From Dick Vermiel's press conference. About 3 min. ago.

"You're one of the TOPS at writing speculating articles, so continue to write whatever you want to."

Earlier in the press confernece he said, "Some people make a living on speculation and they are an embarrasement to the media world."

She was off camera so I couldn't see who it was, but I assume it was Elizabeth Merril that Dick Vermiel said this to. She asked him ONE too many times if he would like to clarify his status with the team and his retirement plans. He was very irritated with her question as he gave this answer. I agree with Dick. She writes a bunch of crap most of the time. I'm sure she's a nice gal, but she just makes things up. She's the Nick Athon of her gender.

jenniferm 12-27-2005 12:17 PM

This from a guy who claims he doesn't read the papers!

BigRock 12-27-2005 12:22 PM

I don't doubt it was to Merril, but the sad thing is there's a dozen people in the room he could have meant.

Kylo Ren 12-27-2005 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock
I don't doubt it was to Merril, but the sad thing is there's a dozen people in the room he could have meant.

You're right about that, although some are better than others.

It was a woman's voice and I'm sure that I recognized it at hers.

Eleazar 12-27-2005 12:28 PM

Coulda been Wrong-duh Moss too...?

Mr. Laz 12-27-2005 12:33 PM

the chiefs are manic in their dislike of the media.

looks like Vermeil is channeling his best "Rufus"

FringeNC 12-27-2005 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
the chiefs are manic in their dislike of the media.

looks like Vermeil is channeling his best "Rufus"

Not up to the Mora boys' standard, though.

BigRedChief 12-27-2005 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniferm
This from a guy who claims he doesn't read the papers!

I agree. I thought he doesn't read the papers? :hmmm:

Mr. Laz 12-27-2005 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC
Not up to the Mora boys' standard, though.

ROFL

Fish 12-27-2005 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiggRedChief
I agree. I thought he doesn't read the papers? :hmmm:

McCleon reads the paper to DV while he pushes one out and drinks his morning coffee........

sedated 12-27-2005 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish
McCleon reads the paper to DV while he pushes one out and drinks his morning coffee........

Hicks must be giving Grandpa a Hot Karl

Kylo Ren 12-27-2005 03:16 PM

It was a real slap at Merrill. I wonder if she went home and cried?

angel 12-27-2005 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunther_Fan
It was a real slap at Merrill. I wonder if she went home and cried?

most of the people in the media don't have emotions

sedated 12-27-2005 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel

we have emotions, we just push them deep down where no one can see them.

until we find the appropriate moment to release them, like when I hit the referee with a whiskey bottle

dirk digler 12-27-2005 03:28 PM

They were talking about this on 810. Apparently after the press conference Vermeil went and apologized to Elizabeth and said he was out of line.

siberian khatru 12-27-2005 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel

THE HELL WE DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://web.netbul.com/cocuk/images/themes/yeni/hulk.jpg

stevieray 12-27-2005 03:36 PM

Heaven forbid anyone ever called out the "media".

Just like this board, people want to say whatever they want about the players or coaches, then can't handle it when they or someone says anything remotely negative towards the "fans."

ptlyon 12-27-2005 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
THE HELL WE DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny, that's quite the resembleance to Merril too.

dirk digler 12-27-2005 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray

Just like this board, people want to say whatever they want about the players or coaches, then can't handle it when they or someone says anything remotely negative towards the "fans."

I agree somewhat. I don't have a problem with calling out any of the media but saying negative things about the fans is generally not a good idea, especially since we are the ones paying their salaries.

BigRedChief 12-27-2005 03:43 PM

DV actually said that Herm Edwards should be coach of the year. No BS.

dirk digler 12-27-2005 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiggRedChief
DV actually said that Herm Edwards should be coach of the year. No BS.

Yep I thought that was interesting thing that he said. Possibly foreshadowing? :hmmm:

Mr. Laz 12-27-2005 03:46 PM

yep ... cause the media made the defense miss all those tackles.

dam reporters made the chiefs choke on the road all year too.

grrrr ... i bet they also used some kind of mind mojo to make Vermeil not know when to call a timeout or to not be able to make a decision to go for it on 4th down without wasting a timeout first.

the fans weren't true enough

the fans didn't cheer loud enough

it's all a big conspiracy to make DV and Carl look bad!

damnit media!! :cuss:

BigRedChief 12-27-2005 03:46 PM

He seems awful defensive. He has said on many occasions that the outcome of a game won't sway his opinion to stay or go. He spent the holidays with King Carl. Surely they talked about what DV would like to happen. Just don't drag this out.

dirk digler 12-27-2005 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
yep ... cause the media made the defense miss all those tackles.

dam reporters made the chiefs choke on the road all year too.

grrrr ... i bet they also used some kind of mind mojo to make Vermeil not know when to call a timeout or to not be able to make a decision to go for it on 4th down without wasting a timeout first.

the fans weren't true enough

the fans didn't cheer loud enough

it's all a big conspiracy to make DV and Carl look bad!

damnit media!! :cuss:

I think it because the KC media has the 2 ugliest women sports reporters in the NFL in Merrill and Moss.

:p

ptlyon 12-27-2005 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler
I think it because the KC media has the 2 ugliest women sports reporters in the NFL in Merrill and Moss.

I think you're on to something. :hmmm:

Mr. Laz 12-27-2005 03:54 PM

Quote:

:p

heh

dirk digler 12-27-2005 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Merril is certainly an unattractive woman, but she's not even in the same league as Moss. Rhonda ate a couple women like 'liz this morning for breakfast.

Yummy

http://www.kansascity.com/images/ask...rt/merrill.jpg

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs04/photoga...20Bush-395.jpg

MOhillbilly 12-27-2005 04:05 PM

Quote:

They were talking about this on 810. Apparently after the press conference Vermeil went and apologized to Elizabeth and said he was out of line.

what kinda coach backs down to the media????

Rausch 12-27-2005 04:12 PM

Quote:

Didn't that bitch use to hang out with Charlie Manson?...

BigRedChief 12-27-2005 04:23 PM

Quote:

My eyes! :banghead:

sedated 12-27-2005 04:31 PM

Is that 2nd pic really Moss?

disgusting

dirk digler 12-27-2005 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated
Is that 2nd pic really Moss?

disgusting

Yep

ROFL

shaneo69 12-27-2005 08:32 PM

Quote:

I always thought NFL teams should be a step or two above the constant whining and finger-pointing found in Carl Peterson's organization.

Yes, that constitutes a double-standard, but too bad, so sad; they're being paid good money to be part of a professional football organization and do their jobs without always deflecting blame onto the media.

stevieray 12-27-2005 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneo69
I always thought NFL teams should be a step or two above the constant whining and finger-pointing found in Carl Peterson's organization.

Yes, that constitutes a double-standard, but too bad, so sad; they're being paid good money to be part of a professional football organization and do their jobs without always deflecting blame onto the media.

Deflect blame? for what?

shaneo69 12-27-2005 09:28 PM

Quote:

Deflect blame? for what?

It was the media's fault that the Chiefs lost out on Samari Rolle.

It was the media's fault that Greg Robinson was forced to resign because the "groundswell" would've been too great to overcome had he returned.

It is the media's fault for creating unrealistic Super Bowl expectations each year when fans should really expect nothing more than a couple of hours of entertainment on a Sunday afternoon.

Halfcan 12-27-2005 09:34 PM

Merril is a joke, but if it was a womens voice, asking a dumb question-what makes you think it wasn't Whitlock

C-Mac 12-27-2005 10:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.kansascity.com/images/ask...rt/merrill.jpg

I still think my little smilie is sufficient for use on the Planet.

KCBOSS1 12-27-2005 10:31 PM

Quote:

Deflect blame? for what?

I agree...what is DV deflecting blame for? They weren't talking about bad play or time out calls or botching on games that we should have won this year. They were talking about all of the speculation about his "definite retirement". Some of them are good, but most of these media folks like to get their name thrown out for stirring the pot. They bump into the janitor outside of the press conference room and the janitor says that he thinks that DV will hang it up. The next thing you know, they have "insider" information. Parcells called them down for the same thing.

StcChief 12-27-2005 10:47 PM

Media is just trying to get a story and ask the same question 12 ways from Sunday to see if anything will slip.

stevieray 12-27-2005 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneo69
It was the media's fault that the Chiefs lost out on Samari Rolle.

It was the media's fault that Greg Robinson was forced to resign because the "groundswell" would've been too great to overcome had he returned.

It is the media's fault for creating unrealistic Super Bowl expectations each year when fans should really expect nothing more than a couple of hours of entertainment on a Sunday afternoon.

1) IIRC, most likely true.

2) The play of the defense forced Greg Robinson to resign.

3) This is a joke, right?