ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Brokeback Question (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=134569)

Mike in SW-MO 01-25-2006 04:11 PM

Brokeback Question

I'll admit I haven't seen the movie.

But I have one question about the flick and the media reporting.

As I understand it; the main characters are sheep herders.

So why are they consistently referred to as cowboys?

Is it because it would be too obvious to call them sheepboys? ROFL

The humping smily was tempting but probably in too poor of taste.

JBucc 01-25-2006 04:20 PM

Yeah, sheep don't taste very good:hump:

Fish 01-25-2006 04:21 PM

:hump:

we're all about poor taste here........... get with it.........

Phobia 01-25-2006 04:21 PM

Why is everybody talking about it? I don't understand.

redbrian 01-25-2006 04:22 PM

Gay sheep hearders?

Would that mean the ewe's are safe and the Rams are nervous?

ChiefsCountry 01-25-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbrian
Gay sheep hearders?

Would that mean the ewe's are safe and the Rams are nervous?

Well St. Louis is pretty gay. :)

foxman 01-25-2006 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbrian
Gay sheep hearders?

As opposed to straight sheep hearders?

Reaper16 01-25-2006 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxman
As opposed to straight sheep hearders?

Straight sheep herders? C'mon, let's be real here. :rolleyes:

journeyscarab 01-25-2006 04:39 PM

I thought independent films were always about gay cowboys sitting around the campfire, eating pudding?

TinyEvel 01-25-2006 04:43 PM

There's an Outback Steakhouse commercial where two cops are having a long dinner then they get into their squad car and there's been a perp in the back.
The kind of dinner they're having looks like it should be called "Brokeback Steakhouse"

Simplex3 01-25-2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Why is everybody talking about it? I don't understand.

...because we're surrounded by gay sheep-herders?

Wile_E_Coyote 01-25-2006 04:57 PM

cattle or sheep don't matter, because if it ain't brokeback do fix it

KCChiefsMan 01-25-2006 04:59 PM

I've never even seen a trailer for this movie, I've only heard about it on Conan O"Brien.....so it's about 2 gay cowboys? why would anybody want to watch that?

foxman 01-25-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16
Straight sheep herders? C'mon, let's be real here. :rolleyes:

That was my point, he posed it as a question as if there are straight sheep hearders....
:shake:

Jenson71 01-25-2006 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan
I've never even seen a trailer for this movie, I've only heard about it on Conan O"Brien.....so it's about 2 gay cowboys? why would anybody want to watch that?

Why would anyone want to watch a movie about comic book characters? Beats me, but they rake in millions at the box-office. Obviously, the movie attracts the gay and lesbian crowd. It's also a well made movie that's pretty original and I wouldn't be surprised if there's more gay movies coming out in a couple of years. So, maybe it's groundbreaking? It's nominated for many awards, has received a lot of acclaim, so maybe people want to see it for that reason.

SLAG 01-25-2006 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71
Why would anyone want to watch a movie about comic book characters? Beats me, but they rake in millions at the box-office. Obviously, the movie attracts the gay and lesbian crowd. It's also a well made movie that's pretty original and I wouldn't be surprised if there's more gay movies coming out in a couple of years. So, maybe it's groundbreaking? It's nominated for many awards, has received a lot of acclaim, so maybe people want to see it for that reason.

There is a GAY hollywood Agenda

Its sickening

catfish307 01-25-2006 08:40 PM

I heard they were corn holers

Reaper16 01-25-2006 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02

Its sickening

Sean Hannity called - he wants his idiocy back.

DaneMcCloud 01-25-2006 09:07 PM

Quote:

There is? Oh man, thanks for telling me! I better run to the hills and hide (oh wait - I already live in the Hollywood Hills! What to do?!!)

What a jackhole.

Dane
~May have found a new candidate for the ignore feature

milkman 01-25-2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

I don't know.
How about, cause comic book super heros are fun and entertaining, and some of of us aren't movie snobs and like mindless entertainment.

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
There is? Oh man, thanks for telling me! I better run to the hills and hide (oh wait - I already live in the Hollywood Hills! What to do?!!)

What a jackhole.

Dane
~May have found a new candidate for the ignore feature

Anyone can tell when some program or movie is trying too hard to push the agenda (no matter what agenda that is.) When I want to be entertained I dont want to be preached to.

It is these films i am refering to

Most Indi Film makers are non courrupt, but $ and fame can change people very differently and quickly.

DaneMcCloud 01-25-2006 09:20 PM

Quote:

Most Indi Film makers are non courrupt, but $ and fame can change people very differently and quickly
And you know this HOW? Do you live in Hollywood? Have you worked in Hollywood? How many successful and non-successful filmakers and producers in Hollywood do you know? I'm just curious because you sure seem to think you know a lot about Hollywood for someone living in Lenexa, KS.

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:26 PM

Quote:

And you know this HOW? Do you live in Hollywood? Have you worked in Hollywood? How many successful and non-successful filmakers and producers in Hollywood do you know? I'm just curious because you sure seem to think you know a lot about Hollywood while living in Lenexa, KS.

My Cousin Graduated from USC in 96 with his degree In Film Making and Cinematagrophy, He worked for "American Zoetrope" For a couple of years.

He is now working as the Kansas Film Commissinor and as he and His wife (who also went to USC and got the same Degree) Are filming a Project Right now

P.S (EDIT)-

Not all successful movies are made in hollywood.

DaneMcCloud 01-25-2006 09:39 PM

Quote:

My Cousin Graduated from USC in 96 with his degree In Film Making and Cinematagrophy, He worked for "American Zoetrope" For a couple of years.
So that makes you (and him, give me a break) and expert on Hollywood and the movie studios? You're freakin' clueless.

I worked at Universal for 4 years and at Paramount for 5 years. I knew all of the execs and of course, just like in any walk of life, there were gay men and women in the workforce. But there certainly wasn't and ISN'T a "Gay Agenda"!

The movie studios exist for one thing and it's not entertainment - it's to make money. There is no way that ANY studio head would greenlight a movie because it promotes a "Gay" agenda and ignore the box office reciepts. That would be a quick way to be dismissed.

From your responses on both gay topics, you seem to have a problem with gays in general. It's a good thing you're in Kansas because you wouldn't be able to survive on either coast with your issues.

plbrdude 01-25-2006 09:44 PM

i think there is a gay agenda, and it's not all coming from hollywood.

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

So that makes you (and him, give me a break) and expert on Hollywood and the movie studios? You're freakin' clueless.

I worked at Universal for 4 years and at Paramount for 5 years. I knew all of the execs and of course, just like in any walk of life, there were gay men and women in the workforce. But there certainly wasn't and ISN'T a "Gay Agenda"!

The movie studios exist for one thing and it's not entertainment - it's to make money. There is no way that ANY studio head would greenlight a movie because it promotes a "Gay" agenda and ignore the box office reciepts. That would be a quick way to be dismissed.

From your responses on both gay topics, you seem to have a problem with gays in general. It's a good thing you're in Kansas because you wouldn't be able to survive on either coast with your issues.

Its ok I will Bootleg as many movies as i can!

:thumb:

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plbrdude
i think there is a gay agenda, and it's not all coming from hollywood.

You are correct young man

Rep

DaneMcCloud 01-25-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Its ok I will Bootleg as many movies as i can!
What, they don't pay you enough at the fertilizer factory to buy a movie ticket? Great! A homophobe and a thief.

SLAG 01-25-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

What, they don't pay you enough at the fertilizer factory to buy a movie ticket? Great! A homophobe and a thief.

funny how you got fertilizer factory when my Profile says Pharmacy.
:hmmm:

I guess those hollywood folks dont read so good

Id bet you havent even been to lenexa

DaneMcCloud 01-25-2006 10:16 PM

You're a pharmacist? Scary...

the Talking Can 01-25-2006 10:28 PM

one movie including homosexuals for every 33,000 movies including heterosexuals = gay agenda?

home schooling = idiot?

Bald but Beautiful 01-25-2006 10:50 PM

A movie like this was bound to happen sometime. Eventually there was going to be a movie that was going to male homosexual related that will probably go on and win the Oscar for Best Picture. Face the facts, peeps, this will win the Oscar. I am willing to bet on it. Any takers? Just kidding, but it could.

alanm 01-25-2006 10:52 PM

Quote:

The only reason its been nominated for any awards is because Hollywood is trying to push its gay agenda on America.

Reaper16 01-25-2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm
The only reason its been nominated for any awards is because Hollywood is trying to push its gay agenda on America.

Yeah, not because Heath Ledger gave a great, great performance or anything. Nah, couldn't be that. Agenda, yeah.

Walk The Line? Damn country music agenda! Capote? Get your literary agenda out of my theatre!

Truthfully, I'm about sick of the moronic a**hole agenda being pumped out.

Frazod 01-25-2006 11:01 PM

Call 'em gay sheepherders, and nobody cares.

Call 'em gay cowboys, and you've put a skirt on the quintessential American male icon. Which is certainly what they're going for.

Push the envelope, offend the hell out of the red states, and hand out ten gallon bigot hats to anybody who cries foul.

I can't imagine a bigger win/win/win for the ultraleft. You go, girl. :shake:

Reaper16 01-25-2006 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod

Call 'em gay cowboys, and you've put a skirt on the quintessential American male icon. Which is certainly what they're going for.

Push the envelope, offend the hell out of the red states, and hand out ten gallon bigot hats to anybody who cries foul.

It's marketers know how to push buttons, yes. It's also a decent movie with two good actors and a good director. I don't think it should win best picture, though.

alanm 01-25-2006 11:05 PM

Quote:

Yeah, not because Heath Ledger gave a great, great performance or anything. Nah, couldn't be that. Agenda, yeah.

Maybe so. But I wouldn't know. Not my kind of movie. So I can't judge his preformance.
Perhaps you can fill me in on how good it was?

alanm 01-25-2006 11:06 PM

Quote:

I hear it's breaking box office records in Wyoming.
:)

chappy 01-25-2006 11:10 PM

I believe they should be called Shepherds

Jenson71 01-25-2006 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
I don't know.
How about, cause comic book super heros are fun and entertaining, and some of of us aren't movie snobs and like mindless entertainment.

What's a movie snob?

If you enjoyed the book Catcher in the Rye, does that make you a book snob? What if you like The West Wing? Or you then a TV Show snob? I like Dali's paintings, so I suppose I'm a Paint Snob? If you like Beethoven, or you automatically a Music Snob?

Reaper16 01-25-2006 11:13 PM

btw - the movie isn't an all fluffy, "pro-gay" queer-fest. We see how much the relationship ****s things up at home for thier wives, families, etc. Catch it on cable in a year; nobody should turn away from a quality movie because of possibly offensive content.

Frazod 01-25-2006 11:14 PM

Quote:

It's marketers know how to push buttons, yes. It's also a decent movie with two good actors and a good director. I don't think it should win best picture, though.

It probably is a good movie. Ang Lee is a damn good director. Ledger and Gyw-whatever are excellent actors. If they want to make a gay movie, fine, that's their business.

But I'm tired of the liberal press beating me over the head with it. I not gonna go see this movie, anymore than I'd watch some friggin chick flick.

Hammock Parties 01-25-2006 11:14 PM

Quote:

What's a movie snob?

You are the definition.

Skip Towne 01-25-2006 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm
Maybe so. But I wouldn't know. Not my kind of movie. So I can't judge his preformance.
Perhaps you can fill me in on how good it was?

:thumb: That's what I thought.

Frazod 01-25-2006 11:15 PM

Quote:

What's a movie snob?

If you enjoyed the book Catcher in the Rye, does that make you a book snob? What if you like The West Wing? Or you then a TV Show snob? I like Dali's paintings, so I suppose I'm a Paint Snob? If you like Beethoven, or you automatically a Music Snob?

Jesus Christ. I'll bet you get beat up alot. :spock:

Jenson71 01-25-2006 11:16 PM

The people who think Brokeback Mountain has a gay agenda are the same people who thought Million Dollar Baby had an euthanasia agenda.

Jenson71 01-25-2006 11:17 PM

Quote:

I'd take that bet. I'll also defend myself from a "film snob" label.

Boon 01-25-2006 11:19 PM

Quote:

It probably is a good movie. Ang Lee is a damn good director. Ledger and Gyw-whatever are excellent actors. If they want to make a gay movie, fine, that's their business.

But I'm tired of the liberal press beating me over the head with it. I not gonna go see this movie, anymore than I'd watch some friggin chick flick.

That's what I'm talking about.

Reaper16 01-25-2006 11:21 PM

Quote:

I don't know about liberal press, but I agree with this. It's a tragic love story - not most guys' cup of tea regardless of sexual persuasion. I too get turned off when the marketing machine blitzes a certain film thoughout the media. I only saw it because I'm a big movie fan, heard it was good, and am a fan of Ang Lee and Jake Gyllenhall. (Heath "A Knight's Tale" Ledger earned my respect as an actor in this movie with a strong, fully realized performance.)

Jenson71 01-25-2006 11:23 PM

Quote:

When commercials and newspapers seem to beat you in the head, do you really have much room to talk?

Frazod 01-25-2006 11:27 PM

Quote:

I'd take that bet. I'll also defend myself from a "film snob" label.

You're 18 years old, have a picture of Woody Allen as your avatar, and you are seriously interested in all that other crap, and, I say again, YOU'RE 18? Not to mention the fact that you're talking about it on FRIGGIN FOOTBALL BB?

I guess there's something to be said for expanding one's horizons, but I'd personally feel alot better if you'd post something positive about beer, fast cars or big tits. At least once.

Damn :shake:

Frazod 01-25-2006 11:29 PM

Quote:

I don't know about liberal press, but I agree with this. It's a tragic love story - not most guys' cup of tea regardless of sexual persuasion. I too get turned off when the marketing machine blitzes a certain film thoughout the media. I only saw it because I'm a big movie fan, heard it was good, and am a fan of Ang Lee and Jake Gyllenhall. (Heath "A Knight's Tale" Ledger earned my respect as an actor in this movie with a strong, fully realized performance.)

I think I'll stick with Doctor Zhivago. :D

Boon 01-25-2006 11:31 PM

Quote:

I think I'll stick with Doctor Zhivago. :D

I'll go with Animal House.

Frazod 01-25-2006 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88-31-10
I'll go with Animal House.

Yeah, Otter and Dean Wormer's wife - that's epic tragic love. :D

Hammock Parties 01-25-2006 11:39 PM

My favorite romance movie is probably "Casablanca."

I'm a dumbass though. I liked "While you were sleeping," too.

Jenson71 01-25-2006 11:40 PM

Quote:

You're 18 years old, have a picture of Woody Allen as your avatar, and you are seriously interested in all that other crap, and, I say again, YOU'RE 18? Not to mention the fact that you're talking about it on FRIGGIN FOOTBALL BB?

I guess there's something to be said for expanding one's horizons, but I'd personally feel alot better if you'd post something positive about beer, fast cars or big tits. At least once.

Damn :shake:

You're an overweight near forty year old,closed-minded smoker who liked The Godfather Returns. And you have a Stanley Kubrick film in your avator and are talking about the same "crap" right now that I am.

While you spend the small amount of money you have on beer and fast cars, I save my money for college. I don't need advice from you.

Hammock Parties 01-25-2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

You're an overweight near forty year old,closed-minded smoker who liked The Godfather Returns. And you have a Stanley Kubrick film in your avator and are talking about the same "crap" right now that I am.

While you spend the small amount of money you have on beer and fast cars, I save my money for college. I don't need advice from you.

Go Jenson! Go Jenson! It's your birthday!

Imon Yourside 01-25-2006 11:41 PM

This is a movie to take the whole family to watch, yes it is. Disney's got nothing on bareback mounting.

Frazod 01-25-2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

Whatever, sweetheart.

KChiefsQT 01-25-2006 11:42 PM

Quote:

Live a little.

KChiefsQT 01-25-2006 11:44 PM

Quote:

That's what loans are for. Go buy a bottle of Hennessy and a hooker on the corner.

Jenson71 01-25-2006 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchiefsqt
Live a little.

You shut your mouth when you're talking to me.

Jenson71 01-25-2006 11:48 PM

Quote:

Whatever, sweetheart.

You should save that line for your wife. Or is she out searching for jobs to support your overabundant eating, smoking, and drinking habits?

KChiefsQT 01-25-2006 11:48 PM

Quote:

You shut your mouth when you're talking to me.

With that mouth... you'll get turned down by that hooker I spoke of before.... save your money.

Frazod 01-25-2006 11:51 PM

Quote:

You should save that line for your wife. Or is she out searching for jobs to support your overabundant eating, smoking, and drinking habits?

I'm sorry if I made you angry. I wouldn't want to take out your aggression on your pet poodle, or start throwing your dolls across the room.

Imon Yourside 01-25-2006 11:53 PM

I can just feel the love in this thread, it's uncanny really.

KChiefsQT 01-25-2006 11:53 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry if I made you angry. I wouldn't want to take out your aggression on your pet poodle, or start throwing your dolls across the room.

It's sexual frustration. He's sick of whacking off to the Olsen twin videos. I'll throw in a dollar for a hooker, and match up to $20 to see to it that boy gets laid.

Frazod 01-25-2006 11:55 PM

Quote:

It's sexual frustration. He's sick of whacking off to the Olsen twin videos. I'll throw in a dollar for a hooker, and match up to $20 to see to it that boy gets laid.

Didn't work with gochiefs, and he's much closer to Mexico. Of course, gochiefs was NEVER this friggin bad.

Jenson71 01-25-2006 11:56 PM

Quote:

What makes you think I'm angry? I'm simply stating facts you've advertised about your own pathetic life. You question how much man I have in me, yet self control and will power is a skill you have yet to learn in forty years of living.

KChiefsQT 01-25-2006 11:58 PM

Quote:

Didn't work with gochiefs, and he's much closer to Mexico. Of course, gochiefs was NEVER this friggin bad.

GoChiefs is an undercover pimp.

Frazod 01-25-2006 11:59 PM

Quote:

What makes you think I'm angry? I'm simply stating facts you've advertised about your own pathetic life. You question how much man I have in me, yet self control and will power is a skill you have yet to learn in forty years of living.

If you're not angry, you should be. You're a fucking freak.

Hammock Parties 01-26-2006 12:00 AM

Quote:

GoChiefs is an undercover pimp.

STRAIGHT UP NOW TELL ME DO YOU REALLY WANT TO LOVE ME FOREVER OH OH OH OR AM I CAUGHT IN A HIT AND RUN

Rausch 01-26-2006 12:01 AM

Quote:

What's a movie snob?

If you don't want to see a gay love story are you automatically a homophobe?

I've read Romeo and Juliet, and I don't give a fat frog's ass if you change the setting to the Titanic or a gay ranch in the middle of no-****ing-where, I'm not into it.

KChiefsQT 01-26-2006 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopaint
STRAIGHT UP NOW TELL ME DO YOU REALLY WANT TO LOVE ME FOREVER OH OH OH OR AM I CAUGHT IN A HIT AND RUN

ROFL typical.
And here I was trying to help you out.

KChiefsQT 01-26-2006 12:03 AM

Quote:

Your momma's calling to tuck you in. She says, "It is WAY past your bedtime son!!!!"

Jenson71 01-26-2006 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
If you don't want to see a gay love story are you automatically a homophobe?

I don't think not wanting to see it makes you hate or fear gays, no. Obviously, it could just be uncomfortable to see two men making love to one another. It's not something I enjoy, but I don't enjoy seeing Jews getting burnt in chambers either. However, if you asked me to spend a few hours watching Schindler's List, I wouldn't hesitate one bit.

KChiefsQT 01-26-2006 12:09 AM

Quote:

I don't think not wanting to see it makes you hate or fear gays, no. Obviously, it could just be uncomfortable to see two men making love to one another. It's not something I enjoy, but I don't enjoy seeing Jews getting burnt in chambers either. However, if you asked me to spend a few hours watching Schindler's List, I wouldn't hesitate one bit.

ROFL ROFL

alanm 01-26-2006 12:10 AM

Quote:

You go girl!! :thumb: :D

pak1983 01-26-2006 12:10 AM

I would never watch this movie. Im not a homophobe, i could careless if people want to be gay. i just dont care to watch a story about it. also frazod and kchiefsqt you are both dipshits. go suck the shit out of your assholes with giant tropicana straws. the shit that spews out of your mouth could be drained from roto rooter right after you give yourselves rectal rooters.

Jenson71 01-26-2006 12:11 AM

Quote:

ROFL ROFL

What? That's about the best I could describe the scene. Maybe it's not really making love, but it's their way of showing it.