ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Tags has openly gay son? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=134573)

KingPriest2 01-25-2006 05:20 PM

Tags has openly gay son?

Wow never knew that.

It is in the current SI issue

ESPN radio just had the author on

ALso Tags said that watching baseball isabout as boring like standing in line at the supermarket

KCChiefsMan 01-25-2006 05:21 PM

bad genes

ChiefFripp 01-25-2006 05:27 PM

Tag, you're it...

Boozer 01-25-2006 05:31 PM

This is highly relevant to my enjoyment of football. Thanks for filling us in.

Fat Elvis 01-25-2006 05:40 PM

He was called bundle of sticksliabue one too many times.

Simplex3 01-25-2006 05:42 PM

Damn sheep herders.

Wile_E_Coyote 01-25-2006 05:42 PM

now Fred Phelps has a reason to protest in Arrowhead parking lot. Unless there is a military funeral at the same time that is

nychief 01-25-2006 05:47 PM

So, gochiefs is Tags son? wow. I never knew.

BIG_DADDY 01-25-2006 05:49 PM

Hey pops how bout hookin your sweet son up with some locker room passes. ROFL :Lin:

SLAG 01-25-2006 05:50 PM

Like Father Like son

kcxiv 01-25-2006 06:31 PM

hmm who cares really.

ChiefsCountry 01-25-2006 06:36 PM

Now we know why the NFL and Tags favors the Donks so much. They have something in common with them.

SLAG 01-25-2006 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
hmm who cares really.

Who doesn't hate gay people

chief52 01-25-2006 08:08 PM

I wonder why SI felt that "news" was relevant to report...

Hammock Parties 01-25-2006 08:15 PM

NFL Commissioner Honored with Gay Son

By Cyd Zeigler jr.
Outsports.com

NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue and his wife, Chandler, were honored Monday night by the New York chapter of Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays with the PFLAG 2005 Stay Close Individual Leadership Award. Tagliabue had given a sizable donation to PFLAG for the campaign. Tagliabue's son, Drew, is openly gay.

Paul Tagliabue and his family have been strong supporters of PFLAG's Stay Close campaign since its inception, according to the program's co-founder, Suzanne Ramos. The program consists of print advertisements featuring famous people and their gay relatives. Featured pairs include Cyndi Lauper and her sister, Elen; Ben Affleck and his cousin Jason; and at Monday's event, PFLAG unveiled the latest ad: Rosario Dawson & her gay uncle, Frank. Drew Tagliabue is also a co-founder of the campaign.

Ramos said that PFLAG is now actively pursuing athletes to feature with their gay relatives.

Paul Tagliabue spoke at the dinner about his love for Drew and Drew's partner, Mark Jones. He also discussed the important, positive impact of PFLAG's Stay Close campaign and how he has been struck by the quality and uplifting character of the campaign.

Chandler Tagliabue delivered remarks regarding her love for her children, Drew and Emily, and her distaste for the hijacking of "family values" by a select group in this country.

The group's Annual Dinner, hosted by Queer Eye's Kyan Douglas, was held at the Tribeca Rooftop at 2 Desbrosses Street. Others in attendance at the dinner included Cyndi Lauper (who sang "True Colors"), New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft, former NFL player Esera Tuaolo, and former high school football player Corey Johnson. Kraft is a close friend of the NFL commissioner and he donated $5,000 for the dinner.

Johnson, who came out while the captain of his high school football team in Middleton, Mass., found he had something in common with the Krafts, other than a love of the Patriots; Kraft had been familiar with Johnson's story because of family members who lived in his hometown. In Manhattan on Monday evening, though, it was Johnson giving Kraft directions to a Boston bar to watch the Red Sox play in the NFL offseason.

A graduate of Amherst College in Massachusetts, Drew Tagliabue, 36, is an associate with Russell Reynolds Associates, a global executive search firm. According to the firm's Web site, "With his international business experience, Drew also has expertise in cross-border and cross-cultural recruiting for international clients."

In fact, he's so good at international recruiting that he managed to bring Jones, his partner of over 10 years, to the United States from Australia in 2002.

While it's incredibly positive that the commissioner of the NFL is so supportive of PFLAG, that doesn't necessarily translate to across-the-board gay-positive policies at the NFL.

On the bright side, the NFL does have a non-discrimination policy covering sexual orientation in its employee handbook. The NFL League offices also offer same-sex domestic partner benefits. Paul also has reportedly included Drew in league sensitivity training about gay issues.

However, the NFL Players Association still does not offer same-sex partner benefits, despite the repeated requests by former NFL players Esera Tuaolo and Dave Kopay, who receive NFLPA benefits, that they do. In 2002, when rumors were swirling that New York Mets catcher Mike Piazza was gay, Tagliabue was asked if the NFL was ready for an openly gay player. "That's a baseball question. I'm not comfortable with baseball questions," the Newark (N.J.) Star-Ledger reported Tagliabue saying. And, unlike baseball's actions against John Rocker for the pitcher's anti-gay and racist comments, the NFL has taken no action against players who have made homophobic remarks.

Still, it's good to know that someone who is sensitive to gay-rights issues is leading the charge of America's most successful, and most hyper-masculinized, sports organization.

siberian khatru 01-25-2006 08:23 PM

Well, that explains why he wears Kordell Stewart jerseys.

SLAG 01-25-2006 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopaint

I HATE PFLAG

They are right up there with Planned Parenthood In my book.

nychief 01-25-2006 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02
I HATE PFLAG

They are right up there with Planned Parenthood In my book.

Yeah, stupid planned parenthood, with their planning of parenthood!

:cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:

SLAG 01-25-2006 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief
Yeah, stupid planned parenthood, with their planning of parenthood!

:cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:

I just dont think Young Teen Girls that **** around and get pregnant need abortions behind their parents back

Mecca 01-25-2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

I just dont think Young Teen Girls that **** around and get pregnant need abortions behind their parents back

Some things need to be kept quiet...........For the record some people have really ****ed up parents where the best thing is for them not to know.

|Zach| 01-25-2006 08:52 PM

Quote:

Who doesn't hate gay people

Alot of people.

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
Some things need to be kept quiet...........For the record some people have really ****ed up parents where the best thing is for them not to know.

Why cuz the Kids ass Might Get beat.

Whats wrong with that :shrug:

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
Alot of gay people.

I fixed it for you

Hammock Parties 01-25-2006 09:02 PM

Quote:

I fixed it for you

What if one of your sons was gay? How would you react to that?

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:03 PM

Quote:

What if one of your sons was gay? How would you react to that?

I would disown them

Mecca 01-25-2006 09:04 PM

Quote:

Why cuz the Kids ass Might Get beat.

Whats wrong with that :shrug:

I'm not going to go into a long drawn out debate but I'll leave it at this. Some parents aren't very understanding of things.

nychief 01-25-2006 09:04 PM

Quote:

Dudes normally say that. Because they can't get pregnant. But lets just leave it there...

HOW ABOUT THEM CHIEFS?

Mecca 01-25-2006 09:05 PM

Quote:

I would disown them

And you prove my point of people not being understanding of things, if your view of someone changes because they are gay, you yourself are the one with the issue.

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:11 PM

Quote:

And you prove my point of people not being understanding of things, if your view of someone changes because they are gay, you yourself are the one with the issue.

If my Son was gay (depending on my and his time in life) i more than likley would not totally "Disown", That was a hasty remark by me.

I practice tolerance with homosexuals, I tolorate it because I have to I dont and will never Accept them.

I also believe in Loving the sinner and Hating the Sin.

A gay couple that never had sex would the be the perfect gay couple

Mecca 01-25-2006 09:14 PM

Tell me why you view someone who's gay any different than someone who's not. I treat all people the same unless they give me an actual reason not to. Someones sexual preference shouldn't really change your view of them.

Then again I'm a very liberal and non religious person, so I don't view anything as a "sin".

|Zach| 01-25-2006 09:15 PM

Quote:

I fixed it for you

You have to be gay to like other gay people?

Katipan 01-25-2006 09:17 PM

Planned Parenthood gives abortions?

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:19 PM

Quote:

Tell me why you view someone who's gay any different than someone who's not. I treat all people the same unless they give me an actual reason not to. Someones sexual preference shouldn't really change your view of them.

Then again I'm a very liberal and non religious person, so I don't view anything as a "sin".

I can Understand your problem with the nomenclature "sin"

When I meet someone my impression of them can be swayed by their morals and ethics, To me Homosexual Intercourse would be a moral issue.

once again for someone to be homosexual but never act in sexual manor would stand out and That would not affect my view of them

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
Planned Parenthood gives abortions?

this is from http://www.ppkm.org/about.asp#med

Quote:

Medical Services

PPKM's medical services include family planning and contraception, vasectomy, pregnancy testing, HIV testing, treatment of sexually transmitted infections, detection of cervical, breast and testicular cancers, and detection of sickle cell anemia. Abortion services are provided by our affiliate organization, Comprehensive Health of Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri. Sixty-eight percent of our patients receive some subsidy for their care. No family planning patient is every turned away because of an inability to pay. For more information on the services we provide, click here.

Braincase 01-25-2006 09:23 PM

Quote:

I fixed it for you

Sorry, Slag, but some of us get along just fine with gays. I had an uncle who was gay. I have friends who are gay. It doesn't bother me, because I know it's not a choice for the people I know. God made them gay, and I accept it.

Mecca 01-25-2006 09:26 PM

Quote:

I can Understand your problem with the nomenclature "sin"

When I meet someone my impression of them can be swayed by their morals and ethics, To me Homosexual Intercourse would be a moral issue.

once again for someone to be homosexual but never act in sexual manor would stand out and That would not affect my view of them

I don't know how someones sexual preference is morally wrong........basically you're cool with gay people as long as you don't know they're gay. That's probably why alot of gay people don't think they can tell anyone they know.

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:29 PM

Look I dont HATE gays....

Im not going to go stand with ol'e Freddy Boy in Topeka.

Once again I only hate the Act of Homosexual SEX, That is all, It is Unnatural (does not lead to procreation)

Im done with teh Gehy subject

Hammock Parties 01-25-2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

I would disown them

What a shitty person you are.

|Zach| 01-25-2006 09:31 PM

Quote:

Once again I only hate the Act of Homosexual SEX, That is all, It is Unnatural (does not lead to procreation)

So you admit it was pretty foolish to parade aorund like you have to be gay to like gay people.

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:31 PM

Quote:

What a shitty person you are.

Keep Reading

Herzig 01-25-2006 09:31 PM

Who cares?

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
So you admit it was pretty foolish to parade aorund like you have to be gay to like gay people.

That statement was Satirical

Hammock Parties 01-25-2006 09:32 PM

Quote:

Keep Reading

Stop posting.

Mecca 01-25-2006 09:32 PM

Quote:

Ok, I have an interesting question..........does that mean if I have anal sex with a woman, you'll look at me differently?

If so, I think Slag is going to think that I'm immoral.........

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

Ok, I have an interesting question..........does that mean if I have anal sex with a woman, you'll look at me differently?

If so, I think Slag is going to think that I'm immoral.........

Not if the Anal Sex leads to you shooting your wad in her Vagina

Mecca 01-25-2006 09:35 PM

Quote:

ROFL I thought the idea was to have anal sex to not have kids.......

Braincase 01-25-2006 09:37 PM

Quote:

I think anal sex can cause pregnancy, and some posters on this forum are proof positive.

Logical 01-25-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

First of all that is just strange that you would think that way.

2nd that is a very unhealthy thing to do, if you start in the rear, put it in gear, and finish and then clean your spear.

The vagina is easily susceptible to bacteria (that can lead to infection) that you have coated yourself with in the anal orifice.

Logical 01-25-2006 09:40 PM

On the thread header topic, who cares, I am amazed that enough people care that an SI article would be done on the subject, that is just sad.

Tags is right about Baseball

Hammock Parties 01-25-2006 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
First of all that is just strange that you would think that way.

2nd that is a very unhealthy thing to do, if you start in the rear, put it in gear, and finish and then clean your spear.

The vagina is easily susceptible to bacteria (that can lead to infection) that you have coated yourself with in the anal orifice.

We're not dealing with the sharpest tack in the box here when it comes to SLAG02.

KCBOSS1 01-26-2006 12:25 AM

There is some moral conviction in this topic, endless argument. Alot of opinion and ignorance, particularly in understanding of God and His take on this. It's pretty clear in the Bible if people want to take the time to find out and be honest with themselves. It isn't very liberal or tolerant. I stand with Him. He knows what He's doing....Adam and Eve. This is a puzzle, not complicated unless perverted.

I don't expect people to have the same spiritual convictions, but I absolutely believe that there is extreme consequence for society's complimenting of this life-style.

I have some family members that are currently active in gay lifestyle. I love them. I still don't accept the life and absolutely do not represent it to my kids as an alternative. I have never met one homosexual that was honest that was not tormented. Sin is real, its affects are geniune.......

chief52 01-26-2006 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBOSS1
A lot of opinion and ignorance, particularly in understanding of God and His take on this. ..

I always love it when one tries to tell me what God's take is. Your idea of " God's take " may not be mine, others or...get ready for this...not even close to being right.

Believe what you believe, follow those beliefs, but try to tell me " God's take on things" and you lose all credibility with me...

Hammock Parties 01-26-2006 12:35 AM

God is gay. He had to get Joseph to knock up his bitch.

Mecca 01-26-2006 12:35 AM

My opinion is......God doesn't know my situation so I'll do what I have to do to make it through.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-26-2006 12:38 AM

You know how I know Tags son is gay? KingPriest told me.

KCBOSS1 01-26-2006 12:40 AM

Wow, never seen a statement responded to so fast or vehemently (like that word? vehemently)

Ask Him yourself.

chief52 01-26-2006 12:43 AM

Quote:

Wow, never seen a statement responded to so fast or vehemently (like that word? vehemently)

Ask Him yourself.

Most grossly erroneous posts attract rapid, vehement responses.

KCBOSS1 01-26-2006 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52
Most grossly erroneous posts attract rapid, vehement responses.

"Grossly erroneous posts", eh. Erroneous. I didn't realize that I was entertaining a theologian (which doesn't really mean much). Got any basis for you accusation? I've spent a little time studying this stuff. There were no complicated statements made.

Pretty basic, I thought. And I have no clue who you are, so I'm not overly concerned with establishing credibility with you. But it's an open board and obviously you guys can say what you want.

Demonpenz 01-26-2006 01:16 AM

no wonder he enforces the 5 yard contact rule. If i had a gay son I could go for atleast one sunday without men touching

Katipan 01-26-2006 01:40 AM

If God didn't want a finger in his ass, he wouldn't have made it feel good.

DaneMcCloud 01-26-2006 02:18 AM

Quote:

Mer rules! Even if she doesn't have big cans.

KChiefsQT 01-26-2006 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer

:p

Sully 01-26-2006 10:25 AM

Quote:

There is some moral conviction in this topic, endless argument. Alot of opinion and ignorance, particularly in understanding of God and His take on this. It's pretty clear in the Bible if people want to take the time to find out and be honest with themselves. It isn't very liberal or tolerant. I stand with Him. He knows what He's doing....Adam and Eve. This is a puzzle, not complicated unless perverted.

I don't expect people to have the same spiritual convictions, but I absolutely believe that there is extreme consequence for society's complimenting of this life-style.

I have some family members that are currently active in gay lifestyle. I love them. I still don't accept the life and absolutely do not represent it to my kids as an alternative. I have never met one homosexual that was honest that was not tormented. Sin is real, its affects are geniune.......

There are as many sources that discuss how the Bible doesn't condemn homosexuality as there are sources that say it does. You have simply decided to believe the ones that confirm your bias. That's fine. People do that every day with their biases, but don't pretend you are the only one with info, while everyone else is flailing at the wind.

BIG_DADDY 01-26-2006 10:48 AM

This thread is hella funny.

StcChief 01-26-2006 11:32 AM

F the gay agenda by PFLAG

Since when do gays watch football
5% of population or less anyway.

BIG_DADDY 01-26-2006 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=nm_dbf]

Since when do gays watch football
QUOTE]

I know there has to be a TE joke in there somewhere.

Logical 01-26-2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

"Grossly erroneous posts", eh. Erroneous. I didn't realize that I was entertaining a theologian (which doesn't really mean much). Got any basis for you accusation? I've spent a little time studying this stuff. There were no complicated statements made.

Pretty basic, I thought. And I have no clue who you are, so I'm not overly concerned with establishing credibility with you. But it's an open board and obviously you guys can say what you want.

Alrighty, then you can go back to procreating with your sister and her cousin along with all your Arkansas hill folk relatives. Lord bless them hill people.

BIG_DADDY 01-26-2006 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
Alrighty, then you can go back to procreating with your sister and her cousin along with all your Arkansas hill folk relatives. Lord bless them hill people.

Or try with your brother. ROFL