ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Todd Collins to meet with The Washington Dan Snyders (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137120)

kczoo 03-11-2006 07:50 AM

Todd Collins to meet with The Washington Dan Snyders

saturday....per kffl....c-ya!

Bwana 03-11-2006 07:57 AM

Hmmm? Several stiffs in the NFL could replace Collins, but I still would like to see the Chiefs step up and get someone who has the look of the QBOTF at some point. WHAP! Green goes down...............we are hosed right now. We need someone we can plug in in the event that happens where we at least have a chance.

BigChiefFan 03-11-2006 08:04 AM

Collins is a dinosaur. We need some YOUTH at the position. It's funny how the Redskins are capped out, but they are still bringing people in. What salary cap?

Brock 03-11-2006 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan
Collins is a dinosaur. We need some YOUTH at the position. It's funny how the Redskins are capped out, but they are still bringing people in. What salary cap?

yeah, it's not like they got rid of any of their best players.

nychief 03-11-2006 08:11 AM

BRODIE CROYLE

BigChiefFan 03-11-2006 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
yeah, it's not like they got rid of any of their best players.

You do realize you can circumvent the cap, if the owner of the team is WILLING to give out big signing bonuses, right? The fact is, some teams go for the gold, while other go through the motions.

Brock 03-11-2006 08:15 AM

Quote:

You do realize you can circumvent the cap, if the owner of the team is WILLING to give out big signing bonuses, right? The fact is, some teams go for the gold, while other go through the motions.

I am sure signing guys like Todd Collins will make a major difference for the Redskins.

Death Nebula 03-11-2006 08:16 AM

Let Collins go....the Chiefs picked up that QB printers from the Canadian league......he can handle the back up roll and would be a good change of pace guy to through in the offensive mix as well.....Can't wait to see him in camp....

nychief 03-11-2006 08:21 AM

al saunder master plan. to have collins behind campbell and brunell.

mad scientist!

Portis&Taylor 03-11-2006 08:21 AM

Quote:

Buddy you are an idiot,after the cba,release of a few players we more than likely have more cap room than you :banghead: Rumors are we are bringing in andre carter of the 9ers, brandon lloyd/antwan randle el, todd collins and adam archuleta.

BigChiefFan 03-11-2006 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
I am sure signing guys like Todd Collins will make a major difference for the Redskins.

I never said that, but nice assumption on your part. My point is, they are said to be at the capline and they aren't going to sit back and do nothing. Saunders KNOWS what Collins can do, I would say that is BENEFICIAL to the team.

Wile_E_Coyote 03-11-2006 08:23 AM

SKINS GO SHOPPING

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...031001748.html

-can't post the article only the link

BigChiefFan 03-11-2006 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portis&Taylor
Buddy you are an idiot,after the cba,release of a few players we more than likely have more cap room than you :banghead: Rumors are we are bringing in andre carter of the 9ers, brandon lloyd/antwan randle el, todd collins and adam archuleta.

Before calling names, try making sense first.

nychief 03-11-2006 08:25 AM

well the skins have been an unmitigated success since snyder bought them, why screw with that winning formula of buying tons of shitty players?

Chief Pote 03-11-2006 08:28 AM

Quote:

More neg rep for u nOOb.

Bwana 03-11-2006 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Ummmm, ok? :hmmm:

Frankie 03-11-2006 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
Hmmm? Several stiffs in the NFL could replace Collins, but I still would like to see the Chiefs step up and get someone who has the look of the QBOTF at some point.

The jets are about to get Patrick Ramsey "FOR A SECOND DAY DRAFT CHOICE!!"! :banghead:

royr17 03-11-2006 08:53 AM

More than likely I have a feelin that the Skins may try Todd Collins out as a starter due to the fact that he knows Al Saunders system.

nychief 03-11-2006 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17
More than likely I have a feelin that the Skins may try Todd Collins out as a starter due to the fact that he knows Al Saunders system.

So what, they can Brunell start Collins and have Campbell back up? No way. they want someone to be around to teach Campbell the system.

SPchief 03-11-2006 08:57 AM

Quote:

You're wrong, they clearly are looking at him for his clipboard carrying skills.

the Talking Can 03-11-2006 09:01 AM

adios, benchwarmer......

Hammock Parties 03-11-2006 09:03 AM

We'll be fine, we have Damon Huard. Excellent backup QB.

SPchief 03-11-2006 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goxlibutscrale
We'll be fine, we have Damon Huard. Excellent backup QB.

Also has great clipboard holding capabilities.

the Talking Can 03-11-2006 09:03 AM

Gammons is a bigger loss than Joan Collins...

nychief 03-11-2006 09:07 AM

lets sign griese.

nychief 03-11-2006 09:08 AM

honestly though, I would not be suprised to see us reach and take croyle in the 2nd - apparently we were all over him during senior bowl week.

milkman 03-11-2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
The jets are about to get Patrick Ramsey "FOR A SECOND DAY DRAFT CHOICE!!"! :banghead:

I heard that rumor on the radio yesterday.

Com'on Carl, step up to the plate and screw the Jets!

milkman 03-11-2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

ROFL

BigChiefFan 03-11-2006 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
Ummmm, ok? :hmmm:

That picture is perfect for that dude's comment. I applaud your effort!! ROFL :clap: Now, I've got Bill Murray stuck in my head.

Going back to Collins, he isn't anything special, but he knows the system and will be a good mentor for Campbell.

Mr. Laz 03-11-2006 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief
al saunder master plan. to have collins behind campbell and brunell.

mad scientist!

no... but bringing in Todd collins to help teach brunell and campbell the new offense IS smart.

collins has shown that he doesn't mind riding the bench and won't cause problems. He will do his job, help the other QB's and keep his mouth shut.

smart pickup by Washington if they can get it done.

FAX 03-11-2006 10:56 AM

Our depth at QB is scary as 2 billion Chinese litter police with a bad attitude.

We need a good, young QB Trent can groom. And we need him now.

FAX

jspchief 03-11-2006 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief
honestly though, I would not be suprised to see us reach and take croyle in the 2nd - apparently we were all over him during senior bowl week.

Croyle that late in the 2nd isn't a reach.

You can debate whether we need to take a QB with our second pick, but I don't think taking Croyle in the late second would be considered reaching.

I'd be happy with the pick.

ROYC75 03-11-2006 11:01 AM

Quote:

Nope, he will be the backup teacher since he knows the offense. A good move by them if they pull it off.

The question is, does Collins stick around for the ( slim ) chance to get to a SB next year foe less $$$ or a chance to be the starter if Brunell goes down or sucks balls in the offense, plus alot of $$$ ?

mississippichiefan 03-11-2006 11:39 AM

Croyle would be a great pick up in the second round. Have watched him at Alabama and he has an NFL arm , just needs to add some weight . He would be good for us and not a reach in the second . Go Chiefs !!

CoMoChief 03-11-2006 11:44 AM

It doesnt matter if Collins goes or not. Personally Id rather see him go to replace the QB with more youth, because at some point someone is gonna have to replace Green. If Green goes down anyway were gonna be ****ed, so I dont see what the big deal is of letting go Todd Collins because all he does is pick up a check every week for doing nothing. We should use that cap room to restructure TonyG, or resign TRich or Welbourn, or maybe to help sign one FA, whomever that may be.

Mr. Laz 03-11-2006 11:44 AM

imo 2nd is too high for Croyle FOR US

3rd round or lower

Frankie 03-11-2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
Croyle that late in the 2nd isn't a reach.

You can debate whether we need to take a QB with our second pick, but I don't think taking Croyle in the late second would be considered reaching.

I'd be happy with the pick.

I could live with that pick too. But if Jonathan Scott is still on the board, I'd certainly take him over Croyle.

Frankie 03-11-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz

3rd round or lower

What round is he generally projected to go?

SLAG 03-11-2006 12:57 PM

So whats wrong with Printers and Killian?

Mr. Laz 03-11-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

What round is he generally projected to go?

i think he generally projected as a low 2nd guy

i heard one of the senior bowl announcer comment about how he remind him on the Detmer brothers a little.

Frankie 03-11-2006 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02
So whats wrong with Printers and Killian?

ROFL
Believe me I'm a bit of a Kilian fan after last preseason. Nothing would make me happier than seeing him be our Brady. But realistically we can't hope for that to happen. If it does. Great. But we need to address the QBOTF issue seriously this year or next at the latest.

Frankie 03-11-2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
i heard one of the senior bowl announcer comment about how he remind him on the Detmer brothers a little.

Oy veh!!!

jspchief 03-11-2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz

3rd round or lower

Yea, that's what I meant by arguing it's the wrong pick for us, but it's still not a reach. If he lasts to our pick in the 2nd round, he won't last much longer.

I think he's got a ton of potential, and now is the perfect time to start grooming Green's successor. I'd love to get an immediate starter at that pick, but I also recognize that it will take a first day pick to get a QB of that caliber.

He's not the top of my wish list, but I would be fine with the pick.

SLAG 03-11-2006 01:07 PM

Quote:

ROFL
Believe me I'm a bit of a Kilian fan after last preseason. Nothing would make me happier than seeing him be our Brady. But realistically we can't hope for that to happen. If it does. Great. But we need to address the QBOTF issue seriously this year or next at the latest.

Killian showed alot of heart last preseason and im anxious to see how he does in NFEL

Frankie 03-11-2006 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
He's not the top of my wish list, but I would be fine with the pick.

Me too. Oh, I said that already.

Frankie 03-11-2006 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02
Killian showed alot of heart last preseason and im anxious to see how he does in NFEL

If he ends up being NFLE's top QB, then I'd be really excited about his chances with us.

Go kil'em Kilian!

johnson&green 03-11-2006 02:53 PM

Quote:

Before calling names, try making sense first.

Cant you read it makes sense