ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Iron Maiden Rules the Music World! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137677)

Halfcan 03-20-2006 11:05 PM

Iron Maiden Rules the Music World!

With their new DVD at # 1 on the UK charts, a new Cd coming out, and a 2006/2007 World tour, already sold out within weeks of announcement,

Does Maiden Rule the Music World?

I say Yes.

Nightwish 03-21-2006 01:37 AM

Are the tour dates published anywhere yet? I checked their website a few days ago, and they weren't up yet.

Reaper16 03-21-2006 11:57 AM

I don't think it'll be a world tour. Bruce doesn't want to play the US ever again.

headsnap 03-21-2006 09:11 PM

I was front row, center stage at Kemper for the Powerslave tour... :thumb:

Bugeater 03-21-2006 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16
I don't think it'll be a world tour. Bruce doesn't want to play the US ever again.

Why is that?

Halfcan 03-21-2006 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater
Why is that?

I heard on the Ozzy tour last year-that biatch Sharon-pulled the plug on them. But that is not US's fault-jeez we get blamed for everything.

I hope they come through Mo. in 2007!

Nightwish 03-21-2006 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsnap

I hate you.

Halfcan 03-21-2006 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsnap

I have seen them 5 times-always a great show.

Nightwish 03-21-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan
I heard on the Ozzy tour last year-that biatch Sharon-pulled the plug on them. But that is not US's fault-jeez we get blamed for everything.

I hope they come through Mo. in 2007!

Wow, that sucks. I hadn't even heard about that, but I found some articles about it on the internet from fans who were in attendance. It sounds like there had been an ongoing feud between Bruce and Sharon, because he was poking fun at them for reducing themselves to Reality TV hacks, and the Ozzfest crew apparently organized an attack on Iron Maiden during one of their California sets. It began with the emcee chanting "Ozzy, Ozzy, Ozzy ..." while Maiden's intro piece was playing, then someone from the pit pelting them with three dozen eggs (surmised to have been planted by Sharon's crew, else how did he get three cartons of eggs past security?), then cutting out the PA during four of their biggest songs, then again having the emcee chant over the PA, "Ozzy, Ozzy, Ozzy ..." while Bruce was speaking at the end of the show, and finally with Sharon walking out on stage and airing her dirty laundry, saying the rest of the members of Maiden were great, but that Bruce was a prick and had been making waves since the tour started.

I remember similar problems with the PA happening during Judas Priest's set the year before. I had just chalked it up to technical problems, but now it makes me wonder if there was similar friction between Priest and Ozzy/Sharon's ego.

I've also heard rumors that last year may have been the final year for Ozzfest itself.

Halfcan 03-21-2006 10:20 PM

Ozzy used to be great-but now is just a blabbering old maniac. Sharon should marry Carl Peterson-there is a match made in Hell.

The fans pay money and she ruins the show. Refund, refund, refund!!

Nightwish 03-21-2006 10:21 PM

Irony: not five minutes after I posted above, mentioning having heard rumors that last year was it for Ozzfest, I got an email from the local Live Concert (St. Louis area) update advertising Ozzfest 2006! So much for that rumor. After hearing about Sharon's antics toward Maiden last year, I've lost a lot of respect for her (and perhaps Ozzy, too, if he was party to that debacle), but there's no way I'm missing this one!

Here's the lineup, so far (area dates at the bottom):

Main stage:

Ozzy Osbourne
System of a Down
Disturbed
Hatebreed
Lacuna Coil
Special Guest not yet announced

Second stage headliners:

Black Label Society
Atreyu
Bleeding Through
Norma Jean

Second stage, rotating slots:

Walls of Jericho
The Red Chord
A Life Once Lost
Strapping Young Lad
All That Remains
Full Blown Chaos
Between the Buried and Me

Dates:

July 14th - Kansas City, KS - Verizon Wireless Music Center
July 15th - St. Louis, MO - UMB Bank Pavilion

Halfcan 03-21-2006 10:26 PM

Sorry, but I don't see anyone I would pay to see. I saw Ozzy like 3 times-his shows have went down hill every year.

My friend went to the last Ozzfest-got hit with mud, beercups, it was freezing cold, and Ozzy kept spraying them with a hose. I would have been pissed and threw something at the stupid bastard.

Reaper16 03-21-2006 10:48 PM

I'm not going to Ozzfest this year. There are only 3 bands that I really wish to see at this point in time:

1. Strapping Young Lad
2. System of a Down
3. All That Remains

(Disturbed and Lacuna Coil, too, I suppose.)

BTW - the unannounced mainstage band is Avenged Sevenfold.

Nightwish 03-21-2006 10:52 PM

For me, it's Ozzy (he's slipped, but his classics are still pretty awesome), System, Disturbed, Lacuna Coil, and, to a lesser degree, Avenged Sevenfold, now that I know they're gonna be there. Strapping Young Lad isn't too bad, likewise with BLS. Hatebreed is the only main stage band that doesn't interest me.

I also just found out that H.I.M. is going to be in St. Lous in May. That might be an interesting show.

Reaper16 03-21-2006 10:58 PM

I, like, never listen to hardcore. Hatebreed does put on a great show, however. Also:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwish
Strapping Young Lad is amazing and worthy of worship

Fix'd ;)

Nightwish 03-21-2006 11:18 PM

Quote:

I, like, never listen to hardcore. Hatebreed does put on a great show, however. Also:

Fix'd ;)

Personally, I like Devin's solo stuff and his work with Steve Vai better than SYL. But it's just a matter of taste, SYL is a little too industrial for me.

morphius 03-22-2006 12:15 AM

Ozzfest looks a little unimpressive. I like Disturbed and Ozzy, but System is pretty dull live, for the most part the entire band just seems to be standing around and not getting into it (except for the pogo song). Rest of the bands I don't know very well, and can't even think of anything by Hatebread that I like.

I will say that a few years ago with the top three acts being System, Ozzy and Rob Zombie, Rob stole the show.

God I'm getting old.

RaiderH8r 03-22-2006 10:10 AM

Last year's was solid. Killswitch Engage, Zombie (Kicked ass, although he took a quick seat after a couple of songs because of the heat. It was swampier than Satan's Taint out there) Mudvayne, Black Label Society (which was a huge disappointment live...WTF? But they still rock so I'll chalk it up to an off day) But the reason for the season, the drive all the BS and 105 degree heat was to see Maiden. And it was all it was billed to be. Bruce is an amazing vocalist, 20+ years and still nailing his performance all while running roughly 10 miles around the stage for a set. Nobody whips a crowd up better than Bruce. "Scream for me!!!" ****ing awesome. Sharon needs to put Ozzy in a home. He's a dottering old man using a teleprompter and stealing $$ from fans. I didn't even stick around for Sabbath last year and I couldn't be happier, traffic was light and I got home in decent fashion. RULE! Bruce is a consumate professional and puts on a show worth the $$ you lay down. Ozzy is a has been hack and Bruce is right to critique Ozzy's performances because Bruce leaves it out there all night, every night. **** Sharon, Maiden Rules!

Reaper16 03-22-2006 10:37 AM

Quote:

Personally, I like Devin's solo stuff and his work with Steve Vai better than SYL. But it's just a matter of taste, SYL is a little too industrial for me.

Yeah, SYL is pretty hard to listen too at times. The sound is claustrophobic; there's no room to breath with the huge drum sound and the nearly random guitar parts. The album "City" is about the craziest thing ever recorded, and I love it for that.

MOhillbilly 03-22-2006 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
Ozzfest looks a little unimpressive. I like Disturbed and Ozzy, but System is pretty dull live, for the most part the entire band just seems to be standing around and not getting into it (except for the pogo song). Rest of the bands I don't know very well, and can't even think of anything by Hatebread that I like.

I will say that a few years ago with the top three acts being System, Ozzy and Rob Zombie, Rob stole the show.

God I'm getting old.

Hatebreeds first LP is an amazing crossover sound,last breath,burial for the living fan****ingtastic.
wall of jericho is good stuff.

Over-Head 03-22-2006 11:21 AM

Iron Maiden rocked in the day, and still does.
Ozzy is getting worse as time goes on, but still one of my all time favorite music acts.
As for Sharon, I wish someone would just kick that witch in the box and shut her up.

Maiden isn't the first band she's screwed over for not subscribing to the "Ozzy rules the F'ing world" train of thought.
Yes the man is a music legend.
Yes the man has probably paved the road for thousands of metal/hard rock bands
Yes the man probably has enough cash to buy his own country (might have something to do with the MTV show)
Yes the man makes great music.
But get over it already!
Screwing over a band's sound equipment just to prove you CAN???
Intentionally trying to ruin their set to prove a point??
LETTING the emcee chant during another artists set???
4321 FU@K YOU Sharon

On a side note, I skimmed through a web site which showed Priest touring along with MAiden as a double headline in Europe.
Seems they still draw a huge crowd over there.
Which is why Bruce doesn't really want to come back to this side of the pond. His genra of music is still alive and well across the water, but over here, it's a whole different scene.
The metal acts are NOTHING like they were back in the 80's IMO

BigMeatballDave 03-22-2006 11:39 AM

I always ****ing hated Iron Maiden. A wanna-be pop-singer singing metal. Awesome!

Reaper16 03-22-2006 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave
I always ****ing hated Iron Maiden. A wanna-be pop-singer singing metal. Awesome!

Not mentioning the guitar, bass, drums, and overall composition that transcend vocalist, Awesome!

Nightwish 03-22-2006 04:08 PM

Quote:

Bruce's vocal style is operatic, not pop. He bears almost no resemblance at all to any pop style of vocals.

MOhillbilly 03-22-2006 04:37 PM

heaing people knock sharon and type IRON MADIEN RULES!!!! is like being time wraped to a 1986 issue of RIP magazine.

lame as fu-ck.

RaiderH8r 03-22-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly
heaing people knock sharon and type IRON MADIEN RULES!!!! is like being time wraped to a 1986 issue of RIP magazine.

lame as fu-ck.

Now that's what I call thought provoking analysis.

Nightwish 03-22-2006 08:23 PM

Quote:

lame as fu-ck.

I agree about the phrase Iron Maiden Rules, it does sound very 80s. But as far as Sharon goes, she made her own bed. Deliberately cutting out somebody's PA in the middle of their set, arranging to have them pelted with eggs, having her husband's name repeatedly chanted over the PA during the intro and outro ... that's not cool in any way, shape or form.

Reaper16 03-22-2006 09:56 PM

The proper, and not lame, way to say Iron Maiden Rules is:

\m/ Up the Irons!!! \m/

Nightwish 03-23-2006 06:11 AM

Quote:

The proper, and not lame, way to say Iron Maiden Rules is:

\m/ Up the Irons!!! \m/

Very true. That's the classic Maiden battlecry!

BigMeatballDave 03-23-2006 06:58 AM

Quote:

Bruce's vocal style is operatic, not pop. He bears almost no resemblance at all to any pop style of vocals.

Shit soaked in cologne is still shit.

MOhillbilly 03-23-2006 09:29 AM

Quote:

Very true. That's the classic Maiden battlecry!

thats cool cause they stole it from westham united.

stupid dirtheads.

MOhillbilly 03-23-2006 09:32 AM

Quote:

I agree about the phrase Iron Maiden Rules, it does sound very 80s. But as far as Sharon goes, she made her own bed. Deliberately cutting out somebody's PA in the middle of their set, arranging to have them pelted with eggs, having her husband's name repeatedly chanted over the PA during the intro and outro ... that's not cool in any way, shape or form.

still gaymo. sounds like the WWF, its what turned so many off metal,gaymo half a nerds acting tough and sleazy promoters.

if they were really hard they would have settled it w/ used needles filled w/ HIV and broken whiskey bottles diped in blood contaminated w/ hep c like true rockers.

Over-Head 03-23-2006 07:29 PM

Quote:

Shit soaked in cologne is still shit.

So it’s safe to say your not a big Judas Priest fan either? :hmmm:

Halfcan 03-23-2006 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head

Or any Heavy Metal.

Bowser 03-24-2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

still gaymo. sounds like the WWF, its what turned so many off metal,gaymo half a nerds acting tough and sleazy promoters.

That reminds me of a video clip of Glen Danzig getting his ass kicked backstage for being a complete dick. I laughed hard.

MOhillbilly 03-24-2006 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
That reminds me of a video clip of Glen Danzig getting his ass kicked backstage for being a complete dick. I laughed hard.

singer from the North Side Kings.
it reminds me more of when vince niel called out axl rose on mtv.

Chiefsrocker 03-24-2006 07:15 PM

The way I hear it is that Sharon and Bruce were NOT getting along at all on last years Ozzfest tour. At the last show of the tour, I guess she paid people in the audience to throw eggs at Bruce while performing. I guess he got pelted really bad. She then promptly kicked them off the tour. Sharon just will not get along with Iron Maiden. Also, I have been a HUGE maiden fan fo rmany years, and have seen them may times in concert. They do have 3 lead guitarists and a hell of a a rhythym section (Bass and drums)!! UP THE IRONS

Halfcan 03-25-2006 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser

So somebody banged heads with Danzig-I thought he was supposed to me tough. He was not a bad azz like Freddy Mercury of Queen, huh? I meant Rob Halford, I guess they are all wimps.

BigMeatballDave 03-25-2006 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head

No, they were OK. I just loathed Irons' lead singer...

Nightwish 03-25-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan
So somebody banged heads with Danzig-I thought he was supposed to me tough. He was not a bad azz like Freddy Mercury of Queen, huh? I meant Rob Halford, I guess they are all wimps.

LOL! I saw that clip. Glen was arguing with a guy from another band, something about stage time, I think, and the other guy (about half Glen's size) finally had enough and decked him, took him down with one punch! It was hilarious!

Halfcan 03-25-2006 10:05 PM

A true One Hit Wonder. har har

Up the Irons!

jspchief 03-26-2006 09:46 AM

Quote:

LOL! I saw that clip. Glen was arguing with a guy from another band, something about stage time, I think, and the other guy (about half Glen's size) finally had enough and decked him, took him down with one punch! It was hilarious!

Half Glenn's size? That would be a midget then, because Glenn Danzig is only about 5' 2" tall.

The guy was actually quite a bit bigger, but he was a fatass. Danzig shoved him and the dude knocked him on his ass.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZpwQmJzRw-U&search=danzig

Halfcan 03-27-2006 10:40 PM

Thanks for posting that, damm he got his ass knocked the **** out!