ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ESPN NFL DRAFT SPECIAL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139778)

Dunit35 04-27-2006 06:02 PM

ESPN NFL DRAFT SPECIAL

is on now. They are on #9 on their mock draft. Mike Golic is picking for KC.

Dunit35 04-27-2006 06:18 PM

Denver selects Chad Jackson.

Dunit35 04-27-2006 06:31 PM

And there goes Cromartie to the Vikes.

Dunit35 04-27-2006 06:34 PM

Wow, they say Dallas should take Allen....

chop 04-27-2006 06:36 PM

Chiefs up next.

Dunit35 04-27-2006 06:37 PM

Finally...I thought I was the only one watching this.

chop 04-27-2006 06:39 PM

Is it going to be Tye or Jimmy?

Starbux37 04-27-2006 06:39 PM

Well I can't watch it since I'm at work so I'm just following everyones posted updates. Keep'em coming and thanks.

chop 04-27-2006 06:40 PM

And the pick is Lendale White

chop 04-27-2006 06:41 PM

just kidding!

chop 04-27-2006 06:41 PM

Tye Hill is the choice

Dunit35 04-27-2006 06:42 PM

no they shouldn't....damn you golic....Tye Hill? Was Williams and Lawson available still?

Starbux37 04-27-2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chop
And the pick is Lendale White

You're joking, right. Please tell me you're joking.

Dunit35 04-27-2006 06:43 PM

Man come on...If they take Hill over Williams I'm going to be super pissed.

chop 04-27-2006 06:43 PM

Mike Golic selected him for the Chiefs. Kiper said he is pound for pound one of the best players.

Mr. Laz 04-27-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35
no they shouldn't....damn you golic....Tye Hill? Was Williams and Lawson available still?

yep ... williams,lawnson,hali,joseph were all still there

chop 04-27-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starbux37
You're joking, right. Please tell me you're joking.

yeah, I was joking.

Starbux37 04-27-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

just kidding!

Oh thank GOD. I could live with Tye Hill, but wouldn't have been my 1st choice, but at least he didn't go WR.

Dunit35 04-27-2006 06:44 PM

Jimmy Williams better be picked before Hill. I'd take Hali over Hill personally.

Dunit35 04-27-2006 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz

Wow, just wow. Them picking Hill makes me nervous, I sure hope they don't do that with Williams and Lawson still there.

Starbux37 04-27-2006 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz

Alot of analyst are predicting Hali is going to fall to the mid 2nd. I don't believe it and would have rather of had him as our pick. I think all the stuff being said about him is a bunch of smoke and mirrors just so some team that is late in the 1st has a shot at him.

beer bacon 04-27-2006 06:52 PM

Quote:

Mike Golic selected him for the Chiefs. Kiper said he is pound for pound one of the best players.

...And Tye Hill weighs in at...89 pounds!

Dunit35 04-27-2006 06:56 PM

I'm going to be honest. I'm alittle upset at this pick. I wouldn't be upset if Williams and Lawson were gone. But in their draft they weren't gone.

ChiefsCountry 04-27-2006 07:09 PM

Hill over Williams, speed is about the only thing Hill has over Williams.

Mr. Laz 04-27-2006 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry

i think Hill is considered a better Character pick too

ChiefsCountry 04-27-2006 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
i think Hill is considered a better Character pick too

Yeah that too.

CupidStunt 04-28-2006 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry

No. You couldn't be further off base if you tried.

For one, and most importantly, did you not hear that Jimmy Williams ONLY wants to play safety?

**** that. We need a CORNER more than a safety. I LOVE Williams as a prospect and especially his versatility, but if he truely does want to play safety and only safety, **** him over Tye Hill. No way in hell.

As Kiper said, Hill -- pound for pound -- is one of the best players in the draft.

Brock 04-28-2006 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |<ing
No. You couldn't be further off base if you tried.

For one, and most importantly, did you not hear that Jimmy Williams ONLY wants to play safety?

No, I didn't hear that. Where did you hear that?

CupidStunt 04-28-2006 07:37 AM

Well, he did an interview stating that he wants to play safety. Late in that interview, he said if forced he would play corner but really wants to be an enforcer at safety. The only exact quote I remember from the interview, which i'm sure you could search on Google and verify, is when he said -- "I'm a safety at heart".

Secondly, there's a guy on another forum who is friends with Rick Gosselin and has a proven track record as a reliable source. He's called numerous things such as being the first to call DeMarcus Ware to Dallas over Shawne Merriman (kinda helps that Gosselin writes for the DALLAS Morning News), to Troy Williamson to the Vikings long before anyone else.

Whether you'd trust such information is your decision, but I do because of how it's worked out in the past.

Finally, there was an article that quoted him as saying something alone the lines of, "I'll be drafted as a safety to play safety. I only moved to corner at Tech because we had no one else". I'll try and find this article.

jiveturkey 04-28-2006 07:40 AM

Can you imagine our defense with speed at FS?

4.4 forty speed to boot. :eek:

Brock 04-28-2006 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |<ing
Finally, there was an article that quoted him as saying something alone the lines of, "I'll be drafted as a safety to play safety. I only moved to corner at Tech because we had no one else". I'll try and find this article.

Do that. Chiefsplanet standards demand it.

Brock 04-28-2006 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey

Maybe within the next couple of years, the defense will approach adequate.

Dunit35 04-28-2006 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey

Yeah, it'd be awesome. Seriously, if we couldn't trade down and draft Hali or if for some reason we decide not to draft Lawson, I would rather have Williams. He could be a dominated force at S.

htismaqe 04-28-2006 08:24 AM

I strongly disagree that we NEED a CB but don't need a FS.

If Williams and Lawson are both there and we select Hill, especially after the head coach downplayed the importance of CB's, would just be further evidence that this team doens't have what it takes upstairs...

jiveturkey 04-28-2006 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
I strongly disagree that we NEED a CB but don't need a FS.

If Williams and Lawson are both there and we select Hill, especially after the head coach downplayed the importance of CB's, would just be further evidence that this team doens't have what it takes upstairs...

I still doubt that they're both there at 20 but if they are and we don't take either of them, then the team has found one of the few ways to piss my off with that selection.

ct 04-28-2006 08:44 AM

I really think we can find a solid CB or S in the 2nd round, but the premeir pass-rush talents I cannot say that about. If Lawson is there, we will take him.

BigChiefFan 04-28-2006 08:56 AM

After Trapp is off the board, I don't see many DEs, that make me say, great move on waiting for this guy. The draft is a balancing act. Going into this draft and all drafts, for that matter, team's should have a strong idea of what the strengths and weaknesses of the postions are, so you can get value out of a pick. This year, the strength is the secondary, so we won't have many shots at getting a quality DE, where as a quality CB or FS, should still be available later in the draft. The smart money is to take the DE in 1st round.

htismaqe 04-28-2006 09:08 AM

A quality S may be available later.

But if that's what we're looking for, don't bother.

We need a playmaker, a gamechanger at safety. If we can't get Huff, Allen, or Williams, we might as well just go into next season with what we have.

Brock 04-28-2006 09:11 AM

Quote:

We need a playmaker, a gamechanger at safety. If we can't get Huff, Allen, or Williams, we might as well just go into next season with what we have.

One of those three should be there.

CupidStunt 04-28-2006 09:14 AM

We need a playmaking corner equally as bad, and given the position, i'd value it higher.

Though i'm NOT a fan of Wesley or Knight, they are at least NFL-caliber players. Behind Surtain, i'm not sure we have any of those at corner.

htismaqe 04-28-2006 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King
We need a playmaking corner equally as bad, and given the position, i'd value it higher.

Though i'm NOT a fan of Wesley or Knight, they are at least NFL-caliber players. Behind Surtain, i'm not sure we have any of those at corner.

I just simply disagree.

A great safety makes the CB's that much better.

ct 04-28-2006 10:43 AM

A great front 7, specifically a pass rush, will make BOTH of them better.

htismaqe 04-28-2006 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coryt
A great front 7, specifically a pass rush, will make BOTH of them better.

Not having a stud safety all can all but nullify having a killer front 7. Just ask San Diego.

BigChiefFan 04-28-2006 11:05 AM

Just give us some PLAYMAKERS at any position.

RedThat 04-28-2006 11:13 AM

Quote:

A quality S may be available later.

But if that's what we're looking for, don't bother.

To be quite honest, I am with you. I'd like a safety. I think I know which kind of safety you covet, you want a safety that has the ability to change games. One that can be in the class, mold of an Ed Reed, Brian Dawkins, Roy Williams, Sean Taylor, etc.

Realistically though, I don't see anybody in this draft that has that kind of potential. The closest that comes to my mind is Michael Huff, and I don't think he'll be like an Ed Reed. I think Michael Huff will be a good player. I view him as a tweener. He is not a pure safety. never was.

Plus, if he gets drafted in the top 10, he is gonna wanna probably get drafted as a CB....More $$$.

I'd like a safety, but, I don't see the Ed Reed's, Roy Williams in this draft. I wouldn't mind if we drafted a guy who can come in, step up and do a solid job. doesn't have to be a star, but, just a solid player....better than Wesley that's for sure. I wouldn't mind if we drafted a player like that is of the same mold of a Eugene Wilson. That's possible, we can find one of those in the draft. Maybe in the 3rd round?

*But I'm leaning more towards passrusher. This defense needs to open up. that should be our first priority. But it would be nice if we can get a safety in the 3rd.

StcChief 04-28-2006 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan

Thats right.

Tired of 'duds/tweeners/reaches' that don't really pan out.. or is that coaching?

Got spoiled with the 90s Chiefs D.

htismaqe 04-28-2006 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan

We have at least one playmaker at every position except DT and S.

Mr. Laz 04-28-2006 11:40 AM

Quote:

We have at least one playmaker at every position except DT and S.

sammy knight is a playmaker ... just a older one who can't do it consistantly.

wesley just isn't very good imo ... and he isn't a free safety

our secondary pretty much sucks ... hasn't had much talent in years.

patrick surtain is the only real starter we got

CupidStunt 04-28-2006 11:50 AM

I think this "playmaker" thing is getting a little overrated here. What we need, corner OR safety, is someone who can cover.

Wesley and Knight both make a relative amount of plays, but neither can cover. I don't really care if my safety isn't jacking people up and picking off 10 passes per season, so long as he can man centerfield, cover the deep ball, protect the corners and tackle CONSISTENTLY (no going for the big hit and missing).

htismaqe 04-28-2006 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King
I think this "playmaker" thing is getting a little overrated here. What we need, corner OR safety, is someone who can cover.

Wesley and Knight both make a relative amount of plays, but neither can cover. I don't really care if my safety isn't jacking people up and picking off 10 passes per season, so long as he can man centerfield, cover the deep ball, protect the corners and tackle CONSISTENTLY (no going for the big hit and missing).

Well what you just described is a "playmaker" to me.

RedThat 04-28-2006 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
sammy knight is a playmaker ... just a older one who can't do it consistantly.

wesley just isn't very good imo ... and he isn't a free safety

our secondary pretty much sucks ... hasn't had much talent in years.

patrick surtain is the only real starter we got

I agree. Sammy Knight is ok. Patrick Surtain is $. Wesley just sucks, and the other CB ??? who knows?

I'm not concerned about our secondary though. Don't worry Laz, we'll fix that area, we got the best guy to fix it, and that is Herman Edwards.

I'm not concerned about secondary at all. Herm will find us a CB in the 2nd round. Nobody knows DB's better than Herm.

*Im more worried about the Defensive line.

buddha 04-28-2006 01:03 PM

Ty Hill is one helluva good player. He's already a proven commodity and is very, very fast. If he were taller, he'd be a top five pick. If you get a guy like that at 20, you are lucky because he can run with anybody and he has great body control. I think KC would be fortunate to get him at that position...you can hide size at CB as long as instincts and speed are there. I like Hali too, but I think he's riskier than Hill at this pick.