ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   RUMOR MILL: The Raiders are supposedly shopping Randy Moss for a 3rd rounder (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155590)

KChiefs1 01-01-2007 09:54 PM

RUMOR MILL: The Raiders are supposedly shopping Randy Moss for a 3rd rounder

Think the Chiefs would have any interest?

HemiEd 01-01-2007 09:57 PM

I think the Redskins may have a 3rd left for 2011, hope that works.

Chiefs have no interest thankfully, Carl has said it before.

bkkcoh 01-01-2007 09:57 PM

NO

Chief Roundup 01-01-2007 09:57 PM

NO

chop 01-01-2007 09:57 PM

Even if the Chiefs were interested I don't think the Raiders would trade him to a divsion rival.

the Talking Can 01-01-2007 09:58 PM

loser

Brock 01-01-2007 09:59 PM

Randy Moss is basically a worthless player right now. I can't believe what that guy has done to his own career.

88TG88 01-01-2007 10:01 PM

no. any pick we give them for moss we could use to pick up a receiver with less drama

Redcoats58 01-01-2007 10:01 PM

Yeah only if we can pull Chris Carter off the streets and hire him as Moss's personal WR coach.

Coach 01-01-2007 10:03 PM

No. Moss is the biggest loafer I ever seen. What a waste of a talent. :shake:

JBucc 01-01-2007 10:07 PM

Based on play he's not worth a third rounder right now. Maybe a 5th or 6th. If you traded for him you'd basically be trading for the hope that he'll start giving a shit.

milkman 01-01-2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chop
Even if the Chiefs were interested I don't think the Raiders would trade him to a divsion rival.

It just amazes me how many times people ask about possible trades between the Chiefs and Raiders.

Do people even pay any attention at all?

Coach 01-01-2007 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman
It just amazes me how many times people ask about possible trades between the Chiefs and Raiders.

Do people even pay any attention at all?

Naw, I think some of them probably suffer from ADD without themselves knowing that they have a problem.

CoMoChief 01-01-2007 10:18 PM

Shit I'd take him. You can't blame him for being upset when he's on the worst franchise in the NFL. Though he could act differently but I do understand why he's not motivated.

Put him on a good offensive team and a team that can get into the postseason I bet his attitude would change. Moss, TonyG, LJ would give defenses fits. No one can argue that at least. We need to draft a WR anyways and for a 3rd rounder I say we trade the pick for someone who's more than ready to start. Based on numbers he's a HOF'er. Herm's a player's coach, thats something we have going for us.

But no way does OAK trade him to a division rival but you never know. Sounds like they are desperate just to get him out of there.

Bwana 01-01-2007 10:20 PM

Hell NO!!

HemiEd 01-01-2007 10:22 PM

He chose to be on the worst franchise, he signed the ****ing contract. He was hired to help them not be the worst.

milkman 01-01-2007 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief
Shit I'd take him. You can't blame him for being upset when he's on the worst franchise in the NFL. Though he could act differently but I do understand why he's not motivated.

Put him on a good offensive team and a team that can get into the postseason I bet his attitude would change. Moss, TonyG, LJ would give defenses fits. No one can argue that at least. We need to draft a WR anyways and for a 3rd rounder I say we trade the pick for someone who's more than ready to start. Based on numbers he's a HOF'er. Herm's a player's coach, thats something we have going for us.

But no way does OAK trade him to a division rival but you never know. Sounds like they are desperate just to get him out of there.

And put him on an offensive team that relies on the ground game as heavily as the Chiefs, and I'll show you a useless POS who gives no effort when he's not the focal point of the offense.

Halfcan 01-01-2007 10:23 PM

Randy is a thug and cancer to every team he goes to. His career should be about over if he can't make it with the Faders.

hawkchief 01-01-2007 10:26 PM

Quote:

You've got it backwards. He's on the worst franchise in the NFL because their reerun owner signs losers like Moss with great frequency. Quality organizations will not take a risk on a known loser like Moss and contaminate their entire team with his type of attitude. Moss will be lucky to get interest from anyone. He's already found rock-bottom being part of the Raiders, there's nowhere else to go from there except to retire. He and the Raiders are getting exactly what they both deserve.

Rausch 01-01-2007 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
He chose to be on the worst franchise, he signed the ****ing contract. He was hired to help them not be the worst.

His lack of performance and half-hearted efforts are part of the reason the faiders blow chunks.

Tribal Warfare 01-01-2007 10:29 PM

I sign him, the guy has hall of fame talent but is pissed that he's playing for the raiders. With the KC WR situation I'd pull the trigger .

HMc 01-01-2007 10:30 PM

i'd have owens long before moss, and it's possible he'll be available.

milkman 01-01-2007 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc

And some of us complain about Carl. :banghead:

Redcoats58 01-01-2007 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc

Hell no, Moss isn't half the cancer of "Ole brickhands in the clutch" Owens.

siberian khatru 01-01-2007 10:34 PM

Quote:

And put him on an offensive team that relies on the ground game as heavily as the Chiefs, and I'll show you a useless POS who gives no effort when he's not the focal point of the offense.

Yup. Anyone think Randy would block downfield to help spring LJ for those long runs?

shyguyms 01-01-2007 10:35 PM

if moss or owens ever come to the chiefs, i will burn every chiefs item i have and root for the Raiders or Broncos
They are the worst kind of people in society

Halfcan 01-01-2007 10:36 PM

Randy is not a HOFer- he has never shown heart even with the Vikes and being surrounded with talent. Not to mention the meter maid scandal. He had a few big years, now he is done.

CHIEF4EVER 01-01-2007 10:36 PM

Just what we need. The Chet McCancer of the Offense. No thanks.

CoMoChief 01-01-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

We still pass the ball almost just as much as last season.

We have WR's that have trouble getting open.

This would help TonyG even more.

Don't have to worry about developing a WR yet.

The guy is the best deep threat in the league.

Kennison is really a #2 WR and almost plays like a #1, Moss would help many weapons get open downfield.

Not to mention Herm is a player's coach and we have too much veteran and ProBowl leadership on this team anyways. We have a HOF Charlie Joiner as his coach, someone that he probably repects just like he did to Chris Carter when he played. When Carter played there wasn't much of a problem.

Last but not least. he hates the Raiders organization and what better team to go against than the Chiefs?!?! :p

KcMizzou 01-01-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyguyms
if moss or owens ever come to the chiefs, i will burn every chiefs item i have and root for the Raiders or Broncos

I'm not a fan of either, but that's just silly.

HMc 01-01-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcoats58
Hell no, Moss isn't half the cancer of "Ole brickhands in the clutch" Owens.

ole brickhands led WRs in TDs this year with 13. The entire KC recieving corps had 8.

CoMoChief 01-01-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan
Randy is not a HOFer- he has never shown heart even with the Vikes and being surrounded with talent. Not to mention the meter maid scandal. He had a few big years, now he is done.

Never said he was. I simply said his numbers are. Will he get in I dont know. I say he should. **** the attitude it's what you do on the field. If Lawrence Taylor can get in with all of the shit he caused Moss should get in to. But only time will tell if that happens or not.

007 01-01-2007 10:39 PM

Ummmmmm, NOOOOOOOOO!

Redcoats58 01-01-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyguyms

Yeah that makes alot of sense. If we pick up one player that is known to be a cancer you'll drop that team and move to their division rivals and root for a couple of teams that have been known to have rosters of thugs and cancers.

CoMoChief 01-01-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc
ole brickhands led WRs in TDs this year with 13. The entire KC recieving corps had 8.

Very true. He also led the NFL in dropped passes though. Many of them were clutch. It's part of the game though. Some years are better than others. I still say TO had a good season. Even Jerry Rice dropped passes. It's gonna happen every now and then.

Redcoats58 01-01-2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc

I said brick hands in the clutch! Its well known that Owens has had problems making catches during clutch situations.

dirk digler 01-01-2007 10:44 PM

No way in hell. CP said he would never sign Moss.

HMc 01-01-2007 10:44 PM

He dropped around 16 didn't he? That means he caught about 8.5/10 of everything that came his way and was catchable. Frankly, i'll take that.

milkman 01-01-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Kennison is really a #2 WR and almost plays like a #1, Moss would help many weapons get open downfield.

Not to mention Herm is a player's coach and we have too much veteran and ProBowl leadership on this team anyways. We have a HOF Charlie Joiner as his coach, someone that he probably repects just like he did to Chris Carter when he played. When Carter played there wasn't much of a problem.

Last but not least. he hates the Raiders organization and what better team to go against than the Chiefs?!?! :p

This is LJ's team, and if you think for one second that self aggrandizing, cancerous malcontent would make any effort to help this team when he isn't the focal point, then you are simply delusional.

Brock 01-01-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc
He dropped around 16 didn't he? That means he caught about 8.5/10 of everything that came his way and was catchable. Frankly, i'll take that.

Are you going to take the 3 or 4 routes he quits on per game? Or the what we laughingly refer to as blocks he throws?

HMc 01-01-2007 10:46 PM

What happened to teams having multiple superstars? Didn't Irvin and Smith work well together in Dallas?

J Diddy 01-01-2007 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
Are you going to take the 3 or 4 routes he quits on per game? Or the what we laughingly refer to as blocks he throws?

If he runs 5 routes a game then that's 5 more than parker runs.

HMc 01-01-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

I don't know enough about that, all i said was that Owens > Moss.

Do you disagree?

hawkchief 01-01-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Huh?

Moss the best deep threat in the league? Which games have I missed recently where Moss showed anything remotely like that? Maybe you are thinking about Santana Moss.

Randly Moss is a loser and a cancer, pure and simple, and is the type of player noone wants to play with. Any owner that takes a 3rd time gamble on him will deserve everything he gets. While I would want nothing to do with either, at least TO only takes off 20% of the plays, with Moss, it's more like 80%.

BTW. Moss doesn' just hate the Raiders, he hates any team that won't throw him the ball 2 out of every three passes per series. I'll be shocked if he every catches more than 25 passes in a season again.

Redcoats58 01-01-2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc

You're not quite getting my point. I don't want either of those trash bags. If we had Moss why would he be any different then he has been the last 3 years? And if we had Owens I wouldn't be cool with him ripping coaches on the sideline and acting like an idiot. Plus if you need a catch on 4th and 8 with the game on the line with under two minutes to go you can almost count on Owens dropping the pass and Moss not even putting effort into his route.

milkman 01-01-2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc
What happened to teams having multiple superstars? Didn't Irvin and Smith work well together in Dallas?

Say what you want to about Irvin the person, but he was a team player.

You can have multiple stars on teams, but those stars on successful teams understand the concept of team.

Deberg_1990 01-01-2007 10:54 PM

Im betting he ends back up in the NFC again..just a hunch.

Halfcan 01-01-2007 10:56 PM

Moss should just retire and start his own line of Bongs.

HMc 01-01-2007 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcoats58
You're not quite getting my point. I don't want either of those trash bags. If we had Moss why would he be any different then he has been the last 3 years? And if we had Owens I wouldn't be cool with him ripping coaches on the sideline and acting like an idiot. Plus if you need a catch on 4th and 8 with the game on the line with under two minutes to go you can almost count on Owens dropping the pass and Moss not even putting effort into his route.

You don't like the players ripping the coaches? See Larry Johnson. Only he chooses to do it in interviews rather than in person. Much more of a man, i agree.

As for needing a catch on 4th and 8, who do we go to now? TG? Guess what, he'd still be there, only they'd be watching Owens aswell.

Moss is a piece of turd but Owens has constantly produced, he hasn't has a bad numbers season since 1999. This year he called out Bledsoe, they drop Bledsoe and now they're in the playoffs.

Brock 01-01-2007 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc
I don't know enough about that, all i said was that Owens > Moss.

Do you disagree?

Sorry didn't see the Owens transition.

crazycoffey 01-01-2007 10:59 PM

Oh, man ignorance must be bliss for some of ya.

TO and Moss both have incredible talent, on the field and off (off the field talent for blowing up the locker room)

Would the chief's be interested? doubt it! At least I hope they aren't, but if they do, I sure they would be smart enough to have some escape clauses. Jerry porter may be a better steal if we went for a WR from Oakland anyway. He's pissed to play for them and ready to get out.

Finally, how many of you said that a divisional rival trade would never happen? Doesn't happen much, but if both sides thought they won something from the trade, I think they would do it.

HMc 01-01-2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

Sorry didn't see the Owens transition.

No problem.I wondered about it, cos what i've seen of Owens suggests to me that he plays hard. Moss is a quitter.

Brock 01-01-2007 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc
No problem.I wondered about it, cos what i've seen of Owens suggests to me that he plays hard. Moss is a quitter.

Owens plays hard, but there are some obvious risks in having an insane person on your team.

HMc 01-01-2007 11:06 PM

at least there's a possibility of a positive outcome. We <b>know</b> Kennison Hall and Parker aren't good enough on their own.

milkman 01-01-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey
Oh, man ignorance must be bliss for some of ya.

TO and Moss both have incredible talent, on the field and off (off the field talent for blowing up the locker room)

Would the chief's be interested? doubt it! At least I hope they aren't, but if they do, I sure they would be smart enough to have some escape clauses. Jerry porter may be a better steal if we went for a WR from Oakland anyway. He's pissed to play for them and ready to get out.

Finally, how many of you said that a divisional rival trade would never happen? Doesn't happen much, but if both sides thought they won something from the trade, I think they would do it.

Find one trade in the last 35 years within the AFC West.

007 01-01-2007 11:08 PM

How could any team want a receiver that only gives 55% on each play? Seriously?

If I am going to get a problem receiver I am going after T.O. At least he gives 100% or better on every play.

FD 01-01-2007 11:10 PM

The guy just doesnt seem interested in playing football anymore. This was before the Choakland disaster, its not just the antics he's a bum on the field.

We still need a serious talent at receiver though.

blueballs 01-01-2007 11:15 PM

of coarse you have to work out a deal with Moss and his agent first
Randy got around 7 mil last time out

blueballs 01-01-2007 11:20 PM

Reached Wednesday afternoon, Moss' agent, Dante DiTrapano, confirmed the trade and said he did not know of any obstacles that would derail the deal at this point. DiTrapano said the Raiders have agreed to assume Moss' current contract in Minnesota, adding he planned to seek an extension of Moss' eight-year, $75 million deal from the Raiders sometime before the 2006 season.

HMc 01-01-2007 11:20 PM

i wouldn't have Moss if he was prepared to play for free.

Valiant 01-01-2007 11:20 PM

If we passed a little bit more I would go for it... Just send Randy deep every play hopefully frees up TG and keeps the Dline honest agianst LJ...

KcMizzou 01-01-2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forward Dante
The guy just doesnt seem interested in playing football anymore. This was before the Choakland disaster, its not just the antics he's a bum on the field.

I agree. He's an amazing talent. I just don't think he loves the game. His heart's not in it.

KCChiefsMan 01-01-2007 11:25 PM

I would take Johnny Morton back before Randy fucking Moss

teedubya 01-01-2007 11:32 PM

Id say Yes, only if Whitlock writes a witty article about it, though... and takes full credit. I dont want to be held responsible for it.

RealSNR 01-01-2007 11:57 PM

Q: What's the difference between Randy Moss and a dollar?

A: A dollar gives you four quarters

I used that joke on the Viqueen fans up here when he played for Minnesota. This joke accurately describes Moss even better these days.

KChiefer 01-02-2007 12:20 AM

Will he come with a muzzle and a cattle prod?
If Yes then lets do it.

Eleazar 01-02-2007 12:23 AM

Owens >>>> Moss

CoMoChief 01-02-2007 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan
I would take Johnny Morton back before Randy fucking Moss

That's going a little overboard dont ya think?

jAZ 01-02-2007 12:57 AM

I'd take Randy Moss of TO any day of the week.

el borracho 01-02-2007 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1
Think the Chiefs would have any interest?

Thankfully, no- I don't believe the Chiefs would have even a little interest.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-02-2007 01:05 AM

I wouldn't do it. The guy even said he plays when he wants to.

We need a WR or two, but he's not the answer.

CoMoChief 01-02-2007 01:08 AM

I think he just needs some other Pro Bowlers that are leaders on this team to kick him in the ass if he acts up or doesn't give his all.

007 01-02-2007 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ
I'd take Randy Moss of TO any day of the week.

Are you nuts? T.O. is an A$$ but he is tons better than Moss these days and gives you 100% every time out.

PastorMikH 01-02-2007 01:15 AM

Is there anyway we can trade our third for him then give him to Marty for free? Would they be able to activate him immediately?

Jenson71 01-02-2007 01:25 AM

Hell, I don't want that loser. I hate losers - and he's a ****ing loser. He's going to be 30.5 years old at the start of next season. So he's old and a loser.

SPchief 01-02-2007 01:28 AM

Quote:

I think he just needs some other Pro Bowlers that are leaders on this team to kick him in the ass if he acts up or doesn't give his all.

Are you high?

big nasty kcnut 01-02-2007 02:09 AM

Hell NO!!

Wa-Z 01-02-2007 02:42 AM

I'd give it a chance...look at T.O.

Yes, he's had quite some drama but it's not tearing the team apart or anything...and he performs very well. He's got the most receiving TDs I think.

Direckshun 01-02-2007 04:21 AM

If I were the Chiefs, I'd go for TO.

On top of the fact that TO is simply more talented, like everyone here has said, look at the attitude differences:

Randy Moss deflates when things don't go his way. His teammates can't repair that.

TO explodes when things don't go his way, typically at his teammates and his coaching staff. But being amongst the oldest teams in the league, the Chiefs largely-veteran squad should be able to weather TO's tantrums perfectly.

Best example I can think of is Trent, who would likely catch most of TO's ire. If TO was unhappy with Trent's play and decided to get in Trent's face, Trent could likely just take the verbal abuse and not be fazed by it.

Our veteran talent is a selling point for me with TO. TO will drop a lot of clutch passes but he'll catch far more and suck a lot of attention away from Kennison & Gonzales, and loosen defenses up for LJ.

It's a thought. I don't know if he's worth breaking the bank for, but he's worth making a run for.

shyguyms 01-02-2007 04:33 AM

not tearing the team apart????????????
either parcells or to will be gone you can mark that down.