ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The future is bright. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=156216)

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 03:25 PM

The future is bright.

People need to stop being so negative. Herm wasn't brought in to get an "almost-there" team over the hump. He was brought in to bring stability to the program. He's going to be here for AT LEAST five years.

We're seeing signs that the Chiefs will have a good defense for years to come. We've got a great young running back and with a little luck we'll have a good young quarterback. We can build an offense around that.

I'm excited to see what Herm Edwards does for the Chiefs as their story rolls on. The best is yet to come.

unothadeal 01-07-2007 03:38 PM

What I like about Herm is he talks about wanting to be a team that is in the playoffs every year, such as the Pats and Colts. That's what this team needs is a way to win the division (Something else high on Herm's list) and be there every year

Halfcan 01-07-2007 03:40 PM

5 years of Herm-now I am depressed.

Sorry but he is just fuggin stoopid. Worst coach in the NFL.

Solari should have been fired today-but Herm will keep him on to kill us a few more years.

Halfcan 01-07-2007 03:42 PM

Herm was on his soapbox saying he was going to pull players if they didn't perform.

Did he do that??? He is a big windbag that knows shit about how to manage a game.

Halfcan 01-07-2007 03:43 PM

I am bringing back Germ Warfare.

FAX 01-07-2007 03:43 PM

I heard that if you wish really, really hard on the exact right star on the exact right night, a young, nubile blonde with compelling green eyes and a sensous mouth will enter the room and ask if it's okay if she takes off her clothes because it's so darn hot.

I'm still working on that one, too.

FAX

2112 01-07-2007 03:45 PM

He never improved the Jets during his tenure there,we just treaded water....so what are you basing this on??your secret insider knowledge??

melbar 01-07-2007 03:46 PM

The Chiefs were a better team last year, with a better record, we just got screwed as far as going to the playoffs. Last years team would have gone farther, and would have had a couple of 1st downs in the first half...

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill parcells
He never improved the Jets during his tenure there,we just treaded water

Nevermind the fact that Mangina just went to the playoffs with Herm's talent.

GROB 01-07-2007 03:49 PM

Future is bright in Denver. Young rookies played big roles in the QB, LT, RB, TE, WR, DE. Denver needs to add some DL and S, P and will have a bright future expecially on offense. 9-7 playing backups on OL, and lots of rookies, and a 1st place schedule.

FringeNC 01-07-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
People need to stop being so negative. Herm wasn't brought in to get an "almost-there" team over the hump. He was brought in to bring stability to the program. He's going to be here for AT LEAST five years.

We're seeing signs that the Chiefs will have a good defense for years to come. We've got a great young running back and with a little luck we'll have a good young quarterback. We can build an offense around that.

I'm excited to see what Herm Edwards does for the Chiefs as their story rolls on. The best is yet to come.

Did you watch all the playoff games this weekend? Which one was the outlier? Of all the teams in the playoffs, which one appeared to be poorly coached?

luv 01-07-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GROB
Future is bright in Denver. Young rookies played big roles in the QB, LT, RB, TE, WR, DE. Denver needs to add some DL and S, P and will have a bright future expecially on offense. 9-7 playing backups on OL, and lots of rookies, and a 1st place schedule.

Wrong BB.

WilliamTheIrish 01-07-2007 03:50 PM

I don't see it GC. Perhaps you can expand on this and show me in what way will Herm improve this team?
Yes, I realize we made the playoffs. Yes, I'm happy we got in.

But that performance yesterday was the worst job of coaching I've ever seen.

FringeNC 01-07-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

No such thing as a 1st place schedule.

2112 01-07-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Nevermind the fact that Mangina just went to the playoffs with Herm's talent.

John abraham,Mawae..Curtis Martin were his core players..they are all gone..what would Herm have done with no running back??he would be a lost puppy..he steps in shit all the time..he took over 2 established teams with winning records and treads water..no better..no worse..and plays the most boring aggravating football possible..TERRIFIED!!

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 03:51 PM

Quote:

I agree. Denver will be fun to watch. Cutler is amazing.

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

what would Herm have done with no running back??

He would have found one I'm sure. Your unabashed Herm hate is unwarranted. He and Mangina had similar seasons in 2006....but Herm did it with a major injury and a harder schedule. Eat that.

htismaqe 01-07-2007 03:53 PM

If you mean bright as in the flash that appears right before a mushroom cloud, then color me excited about next year!

melbar 01-07-2007 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish
I don't see it GC. Perhaps you can expand on this and show me in what way will Herm improve this team?

Exactly. The D got better. But the O got a lot worse. We looked like a H.S. offense. Bad adjustments in the game. Bad gameplan. No execution.

CoMoChief 01-07-2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

He would have found one I'm sure. Your unabashed Herm hate is unwarranted. He and Mangina had similar seasons in 2006....but Herm did it with a major injury and a harder schedule. Eat that.

Nevermind the fact that we won more games last season with DV with a harder schedule.

There is no reason why this team shouldn't have been at least 12-4.

Simplex3 01-07-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

I agree. Denver will be fun to watch. Cutler is amazing.

Now I get it. You're sucking up and trying to get your "I'm a media guy" mojo going.

:thumb:

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief

Sure there is. The offensive line sucked all year. Green missed half the season.

If Green had played the entire year we'd probably have won 2 or 3 more games.

2112 01-07-2007 03:59 PM

Quote:

You being sure???oh that would make me feel better..is that you Lia??

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Now I get it. You're sucking up and trying to get your "I'm a media guy" mojo going.

:thumb:

I don't have an agenda of any sort. I'm not a media guy either, whatever the hell that is.

Simplex3 01-07-2007 04:00 PM

Quote:

Sure there is. The offensive line sucked all year. Green missed half the season.

Who was coaching that OL dipshit?

Bearcat 01-07-2007 04:03 PM

I'll give him time to get the talent in place, but there's no waiting period on philosophy.

It has little to do with losing the game, and everything to do with how we lost it. It's not like Herm is a first year coach or even a coach that's never been in the playoffs... hell, he's even a former player. One who preached about knowing how the playoffs were different and do-or-die.

Halfcan 01-07-2007 04:04 PM

I never liked Herm with the Jets and despise him now. He is just not a good coach in any shape or form.

A great Motivator you say? Yep we sucked on the road and came out in the season opener flat. And lets not talk about how he screwed up timeouts all year.

Herm is just a terrible coach period.

KCFalcon59 01-07-2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
If you mean bright as in the flash that appears right before a mushroom cloud, then color me excited about next year!

ROFLROFL

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 04:05 PM

Remember when we went into Denver and avoided getting embarrassed? For the first time in years I'm looking forward to the next game there.

Simplex3 01-07-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Remember when we went into Denver and avoided getting embarrassed? For the first time in years I'm looking forward to the next game there.

If that yearly game at pile high is your Super Bowl then you should be thrilled.

Sadly, the Super Bowl is the Super Bowl for the team that plays 8 a year there.

Deberg_1990 01-07-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Quit feeding Carl Petersons ego....its sickening....

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Quit feeding Carl Petersons ego....its sickening....

Who should Carl have hired?

the Talking Can 01-07-2007 04:16 PM

I'd rather 5 years of ass rape than 5 years of Hermyball.

GROB 01-07-2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC
No such thing as a 1st place schedule.

Indy instead of Jax

NE instead of Miami

It's only two games but Denver played two playoff teams and KC didn't and both were a mediocre 9-7.

CoMoChief 01-07-2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

How can you say that? Trent Green only had one good game the entire time he played. Huard had a 11-1 TD/INT ratio and the team rallied around him and great chemistry was developed during that run. You don't fix what isn't broken and should have learned that from the Gannon Grbac issue. The offensive line didn't suck all year either. There were games where they simply looked dominant. You were the biggest Huard homer on this entire board. You flip flop more than John Kerry.

CoMoChief 01-07-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Jeff Fisher

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

How can you say that? Trent Green only had one good game the entire time he played. .

The concussion and time off clearly affected him as a player. If he had not gotten hurt I believe he would have been more consistent. Huard hurt us in some ballgames this year.

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Jeff Fisher

Hell if you are going to name a coach who wasn't available why not Andy Reid or better yet Vince Lombardi.

Easy 6 01-07-2007 04:22 PM

I ABSOLUTELY agree, the future CAN be bright, with the addition of talent at...

DT, OT & WR.

But it will shine like MUD if Herm doesnt change his O philosophy.

Conservative does NOT have to = STUPID.

Mosbonian 01-07-2007 04:23 PM

GC:

How about explaining to all of us here where Herm made this team better? And tell me how he's going to make us even better, and create the "dynasty" that you talked about on the other thread?

mmaddog

teedubya 01-07-2007 04:24 PM

We are now in year 2 of Herm... so, we are the 2002 NY Jets. Yee ****ing haw.

RUNRUNPASSPUNT

Easy 6 01-07-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Indy instead of Jax

NE instead of Miami

It's only two games but Denver played two playoff teams and KC didn't and both were a mediocre 9-7.

GO fuck YOUR DOG YOU SHIT EATING SONOFABITCH.

acesn8s 01-07-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

nobody. He should have fired himself and let someone else do it.

2112 01-07-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free
Conservative does NOT have to = STUPID.

It's more about not being so predictable..you can be conservative and try and fool the other team..the last team to ever play smash mouth run it down your throat football was the 1990 NY Giants....you can't play that way anymore..

Halfcan 01-07-2007 04:29 PM

So GC has went from a Herm hater to lover and a Huard lover to Green backer?

Wow flip flop much?

Deberg_1990 01-07-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

He needs to quit surrounding himself with "yes" men and think outside the box for once.

The best ting he ever did was hire Scottenheimer and they really had no history together before that.

The guy has basically gotten fat and happy and coasted for 10+ years now.

2112 01-07-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan

Wow flip flop much?

He flip flops more than a pancake at your local IHOP on a Sunday morning..

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Wow flip flop much?

It's not like I made these changes at the drop of a hat. I came around on Herm only after marinating on it for months. With Huard I came to realize he was simply the benefactor of playing bad defenses.

Easy 6 01-07-2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

It's more about not being so predictable..you can be conservative and try and fool the other team..the last team to ever play smash mouth run it down your throat football was the 1990 NY Giants....you can't play that way anymore..

I agree.

A play-action pass or a safe buttonhook or screen on 1st down.

A pump draw on 2nd & 10.

Anything that breaks a tendency, i'm angrier about play selection in this game than i have been about ANYTHING this year.

2112 01-07-2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free
I agree.

A play-action pass or a safe buttonhook or screen on 1st down.

A pump draw on 2nd & 10.

Anything that breaks a tendency, i'm angrier about play selection in this game than i have been about ANYTHING this year.

Dude..I have seen that game plan before..and what gets me is..he plays more terrified away, than at home..there is a big difference in the Chiefs offense when they play at Arrowhead.

Halfcan 01-07-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

It's not like I made these changes at the drop of a hat. I came around on Herm only after marinating on it for months. With Huard I came to realize he was simply the benefactor of playing bad defenses.

And what made you come around about Herm-getting embarassed in Cleveland, Only scoring 6 points in Denver, Getting outclassed in every way in SD, How about getting embarassed at home to the Ravens?

Oh I bet it was making our team the NFL laughing stock again by playing school yard Offense against the worst D in history (Dolts).

CoMoChief 01-07-2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

The concussion and time off clearly affected him as a player. If he had not gotten hurt I believe he would have been more consistent. Huard hurt us in some ballgames this year.

Then why play him if you have someone else who is completely healthy and played well?

CoMoChief 01-07-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Hell if you are going to name a coach who wasn't available why not Andy Reid or better yet Vince Lombardi.

Herm was under contract in NYJ IIRC. Didn't we give them a draft pick?

GROB 01-07-2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Wow flip flop much?

Isn't that the truth. Don't forget gooooonther.

ChiefsLV 01-07-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

He's going to be here for AT LEAST five years.

Please don't say that. That would also mean CP would be here at least five years too.

DaWolf 01-07-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

And what made you come around about Herm-getting embarassed in Cleveland, Only scoring 6 points in Denver, Getting outclassed in every way in SD, How about getting embarassed at home to the Ravens?

Oh I bet it was making our team the NFL laughing stock again by playing school yard Offense against the worst D in history (Dolts).

And Bill Parcells lost yet another playoff game after yet another mediocre season in Dallas. And Mike Shanahan lost at home to San Francisco and didn't even make the playoffs. Are they all of a sudden bad coaches too? Give me a break. People just want to point the finger these days...

2112 01-07-2007 04:52 PM

One more thing, GoChiefs..The Jets defense was on the field for almost 70 plays today..they were not sucking wind or getting cramps..and it wasn't actually cold outside..it was almost 70 degrees in Boston..how warm was it inside the Dome yesterday??

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

One more thing, GoChiefs..The Jets defense was on the field for almost 70 plays today..they were not sucking wind or getting cramps..and it wasn't actually cold outside..it was almost 70 degrees in Boston..how warm was it inside the Dome yesterday??

What? Our defense was on the field all day, too. Did you have a point?

2112 01-07-2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

What? Our defense was on the field all day, too. Did you have a point?

Players cramping up inside a 70 degree dome are not in very good shape..

Tribal Warfare 01-07-2007 04:59 PM

As Long as King Carl is here their will be no progress period

SLQ 01-07-2007 04:59 PM

Quote:

Nevermind the fact that we won more games last season with DV with a harder schedule.

If the favorite current coach hadn't of dismantled the offense this year we might have been 12-4 or better.

Herm showed us how to improve the worst, or near worst, defense in the league and how to totally denut the best offense in the league over the past 5 years.

I think I my hibernate next year and wait until Herm is fired before I come back to rooting for the Chiefs!

chiefforlife 01-07-2007 05:01 PM

Who should he have hired...Id take Sean Payton or Eric Mangini over Herm. How about Al Saunders, Mike Sherman, hell anyone else.

Herm does not know football, he is a preacher. Once you know he is full of shit, he is not even a good preacher.

Skip Towne 01-07-2007 05:01 PM

Anybody who has been on here very long knows GC doesn't know much about football. he is not only young but h has never played the game. He just parrots what he reads. Then posts 100 times a day about it.

DaWolf 01-07-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLQ
If the favorite current coach hadn't of dismantled the offense this year we might have been 12-4 or better.

Herm showed us how to improve the worst, or near worst, defense in the league and how to totally denut the best offense in the league over the past 5 years.

I think I my hibernate next year and wait until Herm is fired before I come back to rooting for the Chiefs!

He also got us as many playoff appearances in one year as we've had since 1997.

For goodness sakes, people around here seem to think offense is more important than getting to the playoffs. What the @#$% did that offense ever do for us?????

2112 01-07-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Anybody who has been on here very long knows GC doesn't know much about football. he is not only young but h has never played the game. He just parrots what he reads. Then posts 100 times a day about it.

Quoted for truth

Mile High Mania 01-07-2007 05:03 PM

Quote:

"B-I ... N-G-O"

WilliamTheIrish 01-07-2007 05:10 PM

Quote:

So instead of being 9-7 we were actually 9-6-1*?

*= moral victory

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 05:11 PM

Quote:

Players cramping up inside a 70 degree dome are not in very good shape..

We had ONE player cramping up, maybe two. I know you're trying to villify Edwards short practices but it's not working.

Herm > Mangina

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-07-2007 05:12 PM

Quote:

I'm young and outside of neighborhood tackle football, I didn't play much. That's no excuse. The real problem is that he's a complete fucking moron with Diarrhea of the keyboard and Constanza of the brain. Take everything he says, invert it, and you've got your answer.

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Heh...some things never change.

Did you forget that I was one of the few people that knew what the hell he was talking about when it came to Damon Huard? Almost everyone wanted to cut his ass. Dude got us into the postseason.

acesn8s 01-07-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
As Long as King Carl is here their will be no progress period

How can you say that? Ticket prices have and always will progressively increase. Watch out for this years increase...they made the playoffs.

2112 01-07-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

We had ONE player cramping up, maybe two. I know you're trying to villify Edwards short practices but it's not working.

Herm > Mangina

You may be gifted at posting pics and gifs and photoshopping to kiss peoples asses..but you know nothing about football..thats for sure..

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hummus' Jenkins
Shut up. GoChiefs is awesome. He's one of the smartest most knowledgable people on Chiefsplanet. We should all try to emulate his greatness.

Thanks buddy. You are truly an ally in the war against Skip. It's nice to know I can count on ya!

WilliamTheIrish 01-07-2007 05:16 PM

Quote:

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

You may be gifted at posting pics and gifs and photoshopping to kiss peoples asses..but you know nothing about football..thats for sure..

Eh...not really. I know plenty. I certainly don't rush to judgement like 90 percent of this place. The knee-jerk reactions are comical.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-07-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

Eh...not really. I know plenty. I certainly don't rush to judgement like 90 percent of this place. The knee-jerk reactions are comical.

Says the dipshit leading the Huard bandwagon after the SF game who then went back to Green...who started an online campaign against Herm only to become his biggest backer.

I refer to my prior statement.

WilliamTheIrish 01-07-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

So, aside from usurping the name of a former Giants coach, what's your football resume?

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 05:20 PM

I didn't rush to judgement on Huard vs Green (it took several bad/mediocre games to convince me he wasn't 'the guy') and I certainly didn't rush to judgement on Herm. He won me over with a great offseason.

Hammock Parties 01-07-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

So, aside from usurping the name of a former Giants coach, what's your football resume?

Kissing Mangina's ass and villifying Herm.

crazycoffey 01-07-2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfl
Who should he have hired...Id take Sean Payton or Eric Mangini over Herm. How about Al Saunders, Mike Sherman, hell anyone else.

Herm does not know football, he is a preacher. Once you know he is full of shit, he is not even a good preacher.

:lame:

Sean Payton and Eric Mangini are doing good this year, ok Sean is. But Herm is a good coach and does know football, you're showing your ignorance to say he doesn't

Want proof? You just mention Al Saunders in the same breath as these other Coaches.

Carl Letting him walk actually earned back some faith in CP, in my book.