ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   206-235-249 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158121)

HemiEd 02-09-2007 10:57 PM

206-235-249

I am back, had to take 5 years off of bowling due to wrist injury. Lets hear your bowling stories. I have only owned one Camero, bought it for daughter #2.

cdcox 02-09-2007 10:58 PM

Whew, your bowling scores. I was sitting here wondering how you got hold of my SSN.

Phobia 02-09-2007 11:05 PM

Wow - you consistently improve.

Here's my last bowling scores.

168 -89

Saulbadguy 02-09-2007 11:05 PM

One time I bowled a 40.

Beat that.

HemiEd 02-09-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Wow - you consistently improve.

Here's my last bowling scores.

168 -89

ROFL ROFL I know it is not possible for a man as fit as you to bowl an 89. ROFL

cdcox 02-09-2007 11:07 PM

I suck at bowling I may have broken 150 a time or two. One of my brothers rolled a 299 once.

HemiEd 02-09-2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
One time I bowled a 40.

Beat that.

That would be difficult. LMAO

Simply Red 02-09-2007 11:11 PM

high game was 180 not too shabby considering I never bowl.

007 02-09-2007 11:13 PM

201 is the highest I ever hit. I can't do that curve throw at all so I just throw straight down the alley. I always have a lousy first game, excellent second game and decent third game.

Consistently inconsistent.

HemiEd 02-09-2007 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox
I suck at bowling I may have broken 150 a time or two. One of my brothers rolled a 299 once.

Wow, 299. The ultimate almost. My high is 288, it got pretty exciting in the 11th. :D

Frazod 02-09-2007 11:17 PM

Bowling is one of those indoor semi-sports (like pool and darts) that I can be decent at if I practice regularly. Sadly, I haven't bowled regularly since 1987, so on the odd occasions that I do go, I pretty much suck. Now I judge a good game by whether or not I break 100. I can follow three strikes with two gutter balls. Pretty sad.

I get back in the groove on a pool table much faster.

BTW, Ed - are we on for next Sunday?

morphius 02-09-2007 11:18 PM

Last week I felt I bowled like crap and still bowled
214-224-202

I have had about 5 or 6 700 series this year and am sitting at about 207 average bowling once a week.

High game every 288 (I swear I'm cursed)
High Series 802

I should really try bowling more then once a week...

RJ 02-09-2007 11:18 PM

I rolled over 200 a couple of times. I've failed to break 100 more often. Beer has something to do with both, I'm sure.

morphius 02-09-2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
Wow, 299. The ultimate almost. My high is 288, it got pretty exciting in the 11th. :D

I had a pair of 288's in the same night, 2nd and 3rd game, I should have been allowed to go down and destroy that ******* 10 pin...

HemiEd 02-09-2007 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Bowling is one of those indoor semi-sports (like pool and darts) that I can be decent at if I practice regularly. Sadly, I haven't bowled regularly since 1987, so on the odd occasions that I do go, I pretty much suck. Now I judge a good game by whether or not I break 100. I can follow three strikes with two gutter balls. Pretty sad.

I get back in the groove on a pool table much faster.

BTW, Ed - are we on for next Sunday?

As of now, for sure! We are going to bowl for dollars on the way. LMAO

Frazod 02-09-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

As of now, for sure! We are going to bowl for dollars on the way. LMAO

I think not. :p

HemiEd 02-09-2007 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
Last week I felt I bowled like crap and still bowled
214-224-202

I have had about 5 or 6 700 series this year and am sitting at about 207 average bowling once a week.

High game every 288 (I swear I'm cursed)
High Series 802

I should really try bowling more then once a week...

You are good man!

Quote:

I had a pair of 288's in the same night, 2nd and 3rd game, I should have been allowed to go down and destroy that ******* 10 pin...

I feel better now. We could hang together.

Eleazar 02-09-2007 11:29 PM

I believe my personal record is 145. LMAO

morphius 02-09-2007 11:29 PM

Quote:

You are good man!

I feel better now. We could hang together.

The first one, I have to admit that I didn't really get under my ball like I should have, so the 10 pin was probably deserved. The second one was money, I just fell over backwards and laid on the approach, just devastating. Normally I get a nice swift kick in the nuts in the 7th-9th frame with a pocket 8, 9, 8-10, or 7-10 just to make sure I don't get the 300 game.

Oh well. I will get it someday.

Frazod 02-09-2007 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
I believe my personal record is 145. LMAO

HA! Mine's 165. Loser. :D

kcfanintitanhell 02-09-2007 11:36 PM

I've only gotten over 200 once in my life(214). I have never been ever to release the ball like the big dogs, with the curve into the pocket. I roll the damn ball straight out my hand and wind up walking out of the lanes with what feels like carpal tunnel syndrome.
If any of you pros can help me, I would appreciate it. I would love to have something to do when it's cold and I can't golf.

morphius 02-09-2007 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanintitanhell
I've only gotten over 200 once in my life(214). I have never been ever to release the ball like the big dogs, with the curve into the pocket. I roll the damn ball straight out my hand and wind up walking out of the lanes with what feels like carpal tunnel syndrome.
If any of you pros can help me, I would appreciate it. I would love to have something to do when it's cold and I can't golf.

Getting a house ball to curve is difficult, so I would recommend looking at a reactive ball.

For your wrist I recommend this wrist support:
http://www.masterindustries.com/product.php?id=88
Though you could go with a full wrist support as well, just depends on what you need. I would also recommend stretching, it doesn't seem like something you should have to do, but it helps a lot.

morphius 02-09-2007 11:44 PM

Also, when you get the ball drilled, you want fingertip.

Eleazar 02-09-2007 11:59 PM

Quote:

HA! Mine's 165. Loser. :D

The high point of my evening at the bowling alley usually comes when I break out the old standard "16 pound balls" joke. It's all downhill from there.

morphius 02-10-2007 12:00 AM

Quote:

The high point of my evening at the bowling alley usually comes when I break out the old standard "16 pound balls" joke. It's all downhill from there.

wheelbarrow, thanks for asking...

HemiEd 02-10-2007 12:05 AM

Quote:

Getting a house ball to curve is difficult, so I would recommend looking at a reactive ball.

For your wrist I recommend this wrist support:
http://www.masterindustries.com/product.php?id=88
Though you could go with a full wrist support as well, just depends on what you need. I would also recommend stretching, it doesn't seem like something you should have to do, but it helps a lot.

My wrist injury was pretty severe, caused by one of those steel wrist support/crankin gadgets. I had it on kill for a couple years, and was working against it. I wore out my wrist socket, I could slide it in and out of the socket. quite a deal, tendons finally shrunk.

Frazod 02-10-2007 12:05 AM

Quote:

The good thing about my bowling is that my wife is even worse than I am, so I generally beat her. I'm a poor winner, too, so she generally gets annoyed with me.

So, in other words, bowling = no sex later. :banghead:

morphius 02-10-2007 12:14 AM

Quote:

My wrist injury was pretty severe, caused by one of those steel wrist support/crankin gadgets. I had it on kill for a couple years, and was working against it. I wore out my wrist socket, I could slide it in and out of the socket. quite a deal, tendons finally shrunk.

Ouch. I have never liked the full wrist/hand braces. The strap is good enough for what I need, and doesn't limit what I can do with my hand.

HemiEd 02-10-2007 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
One time I bowled a 40.

Beat that.

I wanna know how you bowl a 40 Saul. Lets hear it.

morphius 02-10-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

The good thing about my bowling is that my wife is even worse than I am, so I generally beat her. I'm a poor winner, too, so she generally gets annoyed with me.

So, in other words, bowling = no sex later. :banghead:

My wife had low average in the league and I had the high one, didn't make for much of a competition. Of course when I try to tell what she did wrong she just tells me that she didn't do that.

Frazod 02-10-2007 12:20 AM

Quote:

Lots of gutter balls and all open frames. Sadly, I've come pretty close to that mark a time or two. :shake:

morphius 02-10-2007 12:23 AM

Quote:

Lots of gutter balls and all open frames. Sadly, I've come pretty close to that mark a time or two. :shake:

I could beat a 40 bowling by walking to the line and bowling between my legs...

Archie F. Swin 02-10-2007 12:32 AM

I bowled a 220...then my friend was quite hasty to tell me I was not scoring properly. Turns out I only bowled a 180.

Frazod 02-10-2007 12:44 AM

Quote:

I could beat a 40 bowling by walking to the line and bowling between my legs...

I think I got so frustrated at the end of one of those games I actually tried that. :deevee:

Silock 02-10-2007 12:46 AM

I bowled a zero.

It's like golf -- low score wins.

morphius 02-10-2007 12:49 AM

Quote:

I think I got so frustrated at the end of one of those games I actually tried that. :deevee:

I did it a few weeks ago at a work thing, did pretty well. Even was able to get a spare.

Frazod 02-10-2007 01:01 AM

Quote:

I did it a few weeks ago at a work thing, did pretty well. Even was able to get a spare.

Even when I bowled regularly 20 years ago, a good game was in the 140 range. I never could figure out how to throw the hook, so I'm pretty much doomed to stink at it. The wife and I probably bowl twice a year. Some nights are better than others, but the really bad ones can be really scary.

vincent 02-10-2007 01:36 AM

My high is 199... I wanted to break 200 so bad...I needed to get a spare in the 10th...

...GUTTERBALL! Then almost got kicked out for slapping the crap out of the ball return...

crazycoffey 02-10-2007 04:11 AM

you're a good bowler

HemiEd 02-10-2007 07:50 AM

Quote:

Even when I bowled regularly 20 years ago, a good game was in the 140 range. I never could figure out how to throw the hook, so I'm pretty much doomed to stink at it. The wife and I probably bowl twice a year. Some nights are better than others, but the really bad ones can be really scary.

Like Morphius said, the equipment is important. You need to have a ball drilled for you. Good ones are not cheap, $250 for a premium resin ball.

2112 02-10-2007 08:12 AM

I haven't bowled in a league since 1991..as a matter of fact..I don't think I have gone bowling since..anyway..when you go from full finger drilled holes in your ball to finger tip drilled holes in your ball is when you elevate your game with lots of practice,from my experience..my high game was 269..I always drank when I was bowling..so..the first game was always my best..
Question:when I stopped bowling..urethane balls were just coming out..what are the latest trends?
BTW..Ed..Nice scores!! :D

tiptap 02-10-2007 08:16 AM

Can we have peoples duck pin scores? My high is 168.

morphius 02-10-2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

Like Morphius said, the equipment is important. You need to have a ball drilled for you. Good ones are not cheap, $250 for a premium resin ball.

I tend to go with what I consider the third tier balls, in that $125 range. Of course you add drilling and those end up being $150.

Fraz - as a note, a lot of the balls that hook have an odd shaped wood core in them, where the house ball only has a simple round core. The cover of a house ball is plastic which doesn't grip much at all. I'm also guessing that you throw the ball pretty hard, which doesn't give it much time to grip either.

morphius 02-10-2007 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vos
I haven't bowled in a league since 1991..as a matter of fact..I don't think I have gone bowling since..anyway..when you go from full finger drilled holes in your ball to finger tip drilled holes in your ball is when you elevate your game with lots of practice,from my experience..my high game was 269..I always drank when I was bowling..so..the first game was always my best..
Question:when I stopped bowling..urethane balls were just coming out..what are the latest trends?
BTW..Ed..Nice scores!! :D

Most of them come with something they call Reactive

Dartgod 02-10-2007 09:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
First in with the 300 game.

I've actually bowled two of them, the first was not in league or sanctioned. I also had a 290, with a solid 10-pin in the first and then 11 in a row. All of these were in the same year, 1991.

RNR 02-10-2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod

I've actually bowled two of them, the first was not in league or sanctioned. I also had a 290, with a solid 10-pin in the first and then 11 in a row. All of these were in the same year, 1991.

I guess Dartgod does sound better than Bowlinggod, you could go with Noncontactsportgod :) Joking aside thats very cool.

Dartgod 02-10-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider
I guess Dartgod does sound better than Bowlinggod, you could go with Noncontactsportgod :) Joking aside thats very cool.

I should just change it to Beergod, since that's what they both have in common.

:BLVD:

StcChief 02-10-2007 09:42 AM

Pretty good rolling for 5 years off the game :clap: :clap:
Bowling I'm not so good... best 190.

but... Snooker that's another story.

Kclee 02-10-2007 09:45 AM

Saturday, HemiEd, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't ****ing ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit don't ****ing roll! Shomer shabbos!

RNR 02-10-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

I should just change it to Beergod, since that's what they both have in common.

:BLVD:

Sorry the best you could hope for would be Beerpeer. God status in that sport is much tougher to reach!

CoMoChief 02-10-2007 10:27 AM

I suck at bowling. I got lucky one night and bowled a 215, but then my next game was a 102 and then a 79.

Very inconsistent. I suck but its fun.

Hammock Parties 02-10-2007 03:45 PM

best i have ever bowled was a 257. AT one point i was consistently around 200s. i need to start bowling again, i had forgotten how fun it is.

Bowser 02-10-2007 04:54 PM

I thought this thread was about my weight.

HEY-OOOOH!!!

Thig Lyfe 02-10-2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
Consistently inconsistent.

Spare-spare-strike-gutterball

Saulbadguy 02-10-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

The ball went in the gutter, alot.

milkman 02-10-2007 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser

HEY-OOOOH!!!

Hell, I thought it was his dream girl's measurements.

listopencil 02-10-2007 11:33 PM

Does it count if you run down and kick the damned pins over because the ****ing ball just won't go straight? If not then no, I'm not very good at bowling.

Skip Towne 02-10-2007 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kclee
Saturday, HemiEd, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't ****ing ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit don't ****ing roll! Shomer shabbos!

I hope your house catches on fire. Just to see if you pick up a hose.

morphius 02-10-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

HEY-OOOOH!!!

Oh yeah, 'cause when was the last time you saw 206? :D

morphius
damn, now I know he is gonna sit on me next time we meet.

Bowser 02-10-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Oh yeah, 'cause when was the last time you saw 206? :D

morphius
damn, now I know he is gonna sit on me next time we meet.

Nice one.

I'm going to sumo your ass right to the ground and fart on your head next time I see you.

And to answer your question, I see 206 every time I get on the scale. Unfortunately, it ususally never stops there.

Now get me some pie.

morphius 02-10-2007 11:52 PM

Quote:

Nice one.

I'm going to sumo your ass right to the ground and fart on your head next time I see you.

And to answer your question, I see 206 every time I get on the scale. Unfortunately, it ususally never stops there.

Now get me some pie.

LMAO! Nice.

HemiEd 02-11-2007 07:24 AM

Quote:

Congratulations Bob! That is some great bowling. Do you still bowl?

Kclee 02-11-2007 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I hope your house catches on fire. Just to see if you pick up a hose.

I guess your copy of 'The Big Lebowski' burned with the rest of your house.

Dartgod 02-11-2007 09:18 AM

Quote:

Congratulations Bob! That is some great bowling. Do you still bowl?

Occasionally. I got burnt out on the 35 week leagues about 10 years ago. I've bowled in one league since then. Now we just go out for the night every once in a while.

PinkFloyd 02-11-2007 12:32 PM

I've had 9 300's since I started bowling... Probabaly have close to 25-30 700 series, but the 800 series is another story... Probably only have 5-7 of those... Those are really really hard unless your bowling your butt off that night...

On the other hand, my average is close to 210-215 right now, but it's nothing for me to screw around and bowl a 160-170 once in awhile... If you bowl in a league or tournament, don't let those high average guys scare you... Mark my word, unless they bowl 7 nights a week, and practice 5 hours a day -- they too will bowl low games quit often...

This is also the lowest my average has been in awhile... I think I'm just getting alittle burnt out of the sport... I usually bowl in leagues that allow me to bowl the entire year with no time off... I think its time to skip a league and just do one a year...

PLUS --- I need to lay off the beer while bowling... This weekend was a disaster... There's no way I'll repeat this year as city champ in all events unless I go crazy with the team event portion of the tournament...

UteChief 02-11-2007 12:42 PM

There is nothing wrong with owning a Camaro.

PastorMikH 02-11-2007 03:43 PM

I'll probably have the entire alley mad at me this week. The owner bowls a similar line to mine with less hook. He changed the settings on the oiler to taylor his line to his game - and ruined it for me and a number of others. I have struggled for some time now. For the last 3 weeks it's gotten to where I hit the pocket 90%+ of the time and can't strike to save my life. I leave 10 pins 3-4 frames straight, adjust half a board in my footwork or 3 inches forward or backward on the approach and leave the 4 or 7 pin.

Last week I made up my mind that I was through fighting my normal line and was going to try shooting from the left like I used too back 8-10 years ago. It was a tough adjustment throwing to the right after not doing it for so long but I managed. Changing the angle of entry made strikes come easy again.

Just so happens that the bowling alley owner's team was playing against us - he and I are the anchors for our teams. I hammered him every game and had close to mid 600 series. I expect to show up thursday night to find the middle of the lanes dry now and everyone's shots will be messed up again - thanks to me.

:)

HemiEd 02-12-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Occasionally. I got burnt out on the 35 week leagues about 10 years ago. I've bowled in one league since then. Now we just go out for the night every once in a while.

It is easy to get burn on them, they are too long. Our's lasts all the way through April. Years ago, I was on three bowling leagues and 3 dart leagues. Not much time for anything else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH
I'll probably have the entire alley mad at me this week. The owner bowls a similar line to mine with less hook. He changed the settings on the oiler to taylor his line to his game - and ruined it for me and a number of others. I have struggled for some time now. For the last 3 weeks it's gotten to where I hit the pocket 90%+ of the time and can't strike to save my life. I leave 10 pins 3-4 frames straight, adjust half a board in my footwork or 3 inches forward or backward on the approach and leave the 4 or 7 pin.

Last week I made up my mind that I was through fighting my normal line and was going to try shooting from the left like I used too back 8-10 years ago. It was a tough adjustment throwing to the right after not doing it for so long but I managed. Changing the angle of entry made strikes come easy again.

Just so happens that the bowling alley owner's team was playing against us - he and I are the anchors for our teams. I hammered him every game and had close to mid 600 series. I expect to show up thursday night to find the middle of the lanes dry now and everyone's shots will be messed up again - thanks to me.

Great story Mike. ROFL

mikey23545 02-12-2007 03:30 PM

Hmmmm....206 235 249...

looks like kind of a light teal....

Monty 02-12-2007 03:46 PM

I just started back up again after a 15 year hiatus. It's been a real bitch getting back into form again, but it's coming slowly. Last week was a 195-185-167, so I'm improving slightly. I'm a lefty, so I have a natural hook, but I go with a semi-extended fingertip for a little more curve.

I may not bowl that well, but I bowl in style. When I started the league last year, I bought one of these: :thumb:

http://i6.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/80/42/09c8_1.JPG

HemiEd 02-12-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty
I just started back up again after a 15 year hiatus. It's been a real bitch getting back into form again, but it's coming slowly. Last week was a 195-185-167, so I'm improving slightly. I'm a lefty, so I have a natural hook, but I go with a semi-extended fingertip for a little more curve.

I may not bowl that well, but I bowl in style. When I started the league last year, I bought one of these: :thumb:

http://i6.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/80/42/09c8_1.JPG

I understand, kind of what I had after the 5 years off. Stuff that used to be second nature, now you gotta re-learn.

I wondered about those Bowling Balls. One of the guys up here has a Cubs one. Of course he has Cubs socks, Cubs pants, Cubs Shirt, Cubs Jacket, Cubs Hat, Cubs Towel etc. I just thought he had it made or something. He uses it for a spare ball, is yours Reactive Resin?

Monty 02-13-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

He uses it for a spare ball, is yours Reactive Resin?

Heh...I have no idea. The description from the website says:

The Chiefs bowling ball uses a polyester coverstock. Uses a foam urethane core. For most lane conditions. The Chiefs Viz-a-Ball has very low hook potential and a long length.

FWIW, I'm really not taking this too seriously, it's just something to do once a week since I have a little free time in the evenings. I'd love to bowl over a 250 once, that would be cool, but hey, the beer is good. :thumb:

Iowanian 02-13-2007 12:18 PM

Congratulations.

Bowling sounds fun. Its good for you to get your exercise before admitting defeat by age and submitting to evenings of blended foods and Wheel of Fortune before bed at 7pm.

morphius 02-13-2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
Congratulations.

Bowling sounds fun. Its good for you to get your exercise before admitting defeat by age and submitting to evenings of blended foods and Wheel of Fortune before bed at 7pm.

Don't you mean, before we retire to golf?

ChiefaRoo 02-13-2007 12:43 PM

Glad your back Munson.

BIG_DADDY 02-13-2007 12:47 PM

A better way to bowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96xS5jz-KZ4

HemiEd 02-14-2007 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty
Heh...I have no idea. The description from the website says:

The Chiefs bowling ball uses a polyester coverstock. Uses a foam urethane core. For most lane conditions. The Chiefs Viz-a-Ball has very low hook potential and a long length.

FWIW, I'm really not taking this too seriously, it's just something to do once a week since I have a little free time in the evenings. I'd love to bowl over a 250 once, that would be cool, but hey, the beer is good. :thumb:

It is a spare ball.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
Congratulations.

You forgot the getting up at 4:30 a.m. part for hot oatmeal. :D

runnercyclist 02-14-2007 06:32 AM

290-255-210

Started with a solid pocket hit and a solid 10 pin. Converted the spare and then threw 17 strikes in a row. Never threw a bad ball until the 6 frame of the third game.

Career night. My average is 187. I bowl once a week.

morphius 02-14-2007 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runnercyclist
290-255-210

Started with a solid pocket hit and a solid 10 pin. Converted the spare and then threw 17 strikes in a row. Never threw a bad ball until the 6 frame of the third game.

That was a heck of a night. When I first saw it I thought, man, that must be near an 800, but realized it was still 45 pins off.

Dartgod 02-14-2007 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runnercyclist
290-255-210

Congratulations. I was thinking that you will get one of these...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attac...chmentid=65845

But I was looking on the ABC site, and apparently they don't give those any more.

And when did the ABC become the US Bowling Congress?