ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Predict yer Chiefs FA signings HERe! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159028)

bringbackmarty 03-01-2007 06:20 PM

Predict yer Chiefs FA signings HERe!

Since it's The eve of FA, go on record for which significant FA Players you think carl will or should sign.

WILL:
Ian Scott Dt Bears

Justin Griffith FB Falcons

Joe Horn WR Saints

Tony Fisher RB Rams

Rocky Boiman LB Indianapolis

Should:

TJ Duckett RB Skins

Marc Columbo T Cowboys

Kevin Curtis WR Rams

Ian Scott Dt Bears

007 03-01-2007 06:26 PM

They better be good linemen.

LiL stumppy 03-01-2007 06:37 PM

I wouldnt mind seeing Marc Columbo signed, and or Joe Horn/Antonio Bryant.

CoMoChief 03-01-2007 06:43 PM

Ian Scott

Justin Griffin

We wont have the cap money to sign Curtis.

Direckshun 03-01-2007 06:52 PM

Interesting calls, bringbackmarty.

I'll have to think about this.

Edit: I might as well ask this here, but is there any handy source out there with lists of free agents and guys who've been released that I don't already know about?

HemiEd 03-01-2007 06:54 PM

IIRC Marc Columbo is a very big guy, drafted by the Bears 1st round.

The Bears were really in their hot streak at rebuilding then. I think he was drafted after Curtis Enis, Cade McNoun and some of those prize picks.

crazycoffey 03-01-2007 06:56 PM

joey porter not on the list?

Hootie 03-01-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey
joey porter not on the list?

I saw enough Pittsburgh linebacker when we signed Bell...no thanks.

crazycoffey 03-01-2007 07:00 PM

attempt at cross thread humor

pot stiring

bringbackmarty 03-01-2007 07:25 PM

I thought about porter, but I think herm will draft at least 1 lb early , and get a sucka fa

milkman 03-01-2007 07:30 PM

The Chiefs won't be players in the free agent market, which is just exactly as it should be this offseason.

Hammock Parties 03-01-2007 07:32 PM

Hopefully we can sign Edgerton Hartwell and Hugh Douglas.

Bill Lundberg 03-01-2007 08:04 PM

Cory Redding

Sam Hall 03-01-2007 08:09 PM

I'm not too excited about any of those guys :shake:

CoMoChief 03-01-2007 08:11 PM

Justin Griffin is a good FB. Better than anything we have at this point. I wish Wilson was better than he is. Ian Scott is hands down better than anyone we have.

milkman 03-01-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Lundberg
Cory Redding

He's off the market, for all intents and purposes.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...702220377/1049

Chiefs Pantalones 03-01-2007 08:15 PM

Does our own guys count?

bringbackmarty 03-01-2007 08:20 PM

sure

Halfcan 03-01-2007 08:22 PM

none

Archie Bunker 03-01-2007 09:21 PM

from the always reliable PFT :rolleyes: On a side note he is about the only FA LB I wouldn't mind seeing here. Young, athletic, probably hates Oakland

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

NAPOLEON VISITING CHIEFS

Per a league source, Vikings linebacker Napoleon Harris will make a quick visit to the Kansas City Chiefs once free agency launches at 12:01 a.m. EST on Friday.

Harris was a first-round pick of the Raiders in 2002, and was traded to the Vikings in 2005 as part of the Randy Moss deal.

The former Northwestern star played fairly well last season as part of the Vikings' new Tampa 2 defense. But not well enough to get paid to stick around.

Ralphy Boy 03-01-2007 09:36 PM

I'd take Kelly Washington. I think the guy never stood a chance in Cincy, but he was better than Peter Warrick. You can't really blame him for not being better than Ocho Cinco. Fast big bodied guy and we need receivers. Hell we could take a flyer on him and Donte Stallworth. Could be a Tennessee reunion. Hell, why not throw in Antonio Bryant while were at it.

I think a change of scenery would do him well.

Also, I'd take Joey Porter but that isn't going to happen.

BigRock 03-01-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker
from the always reliable PFT :rolleyes: On a side note he is about the only FA LB I wouldn't mind seeing here. Young, athletic, probably hates Oakland

NAPOLEON VISITING CHIEFS

Per a league source, Vikings linebacker Napoleon Harris will make a quick visit to the Kansas City Chiefs once free agency launches at 12:01 a.m. EST on Friday.

Harris was a first-round pick of the Raiders in 2002, and was traded to the Vikings in 2005 as part of the Randy Moss deal.

The former Northwestern star played fairly well last season as part of the Vikings' new Tampa 2 defense. But not well enough to get paid to stick around.

"Per a league source" from PFT isn't exactly the ringing bell of truth, of course, but I think Harris mainly played MLB in the Cover 2 last year. If they've already set up a visit for that position, then it must be a sure thing that they aren't keeping Kawika.

jlscorpio 03-01-2007 10:35 PM

We should sign Scott Ian to play rhythm guitar

Mecca 03-01-2007 10:37 PM

Last I heard the Chiefs were interest in Ian Scott, Kevin Curtis and Kenyon Coleman.

unothadeal 03-01-2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun
Interesting calls, bringbackmarty.

I'll have to think about this.

Edit: I might as well ask this here, but is there any handy source out there with lists of free agents and guys who've been released that I don't already know about?

http://www.nfl.com/transactions

Logical 03-01-2007 11:19 PM

I would predict maybe

hopefully none though.

alanm 03-02-2007 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker

NAPOLEON VISITING CHIEFS

I could see them signing Harris. And it would make sense because I don't see Bell being around much longer. Plus he's probably going to come fairly cheap and he's still young.

CupidStunt 03-02-2007 06:20 AM

Griffith is a beast. No reason to not want him on board.

Any solid OT along with a DT and Nap Harris would be a nice FA period.

StcChief 03-02-2007 06:30 AM

N.Harris to replace Bell. would be good

Curtis - would be nice. Catches the ball.

Pushead2 03-02-2007 06:51 AM

I would like for the Chiefs to get Scott, Harris wouldn't be too bad because he is familar with the cover 2 and is good in coverage or I wouldn't mind Tully Banta-Cain , I know he was in the 3 -4 but he stepped in nicely for Seau and was pretty descent in coverage. He's young and prob would be for cheap but I see him perhaps going to the Ravens. As for WR draft one for Pete's sake.

DeepSouth 03-02-2007 07:52 AM

Drew Bennett, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Bennett might not be considered a special wide receiver in NFL circles, but the UCLA product has great size and good hands as a second receiving option. An uncanny connection with quarterback Billy Volek in 2004 helped Bennett to 1,247 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns. With Vince Young being named the starter, production was up and down for Bennett, but he managed to reach triple-digit receiving yards in three different games, and totaled 737 yards with three scores. The Titans are closer to competing than previously though, it appears, but Bennett may look for work in a system focused more on the pass and with a chance to seriously compete sooner. Several teams could use Bennett to compliment a smaller and faster receiver, and if used properly, Bennett can put up strong numbers once again.

Ultra Peanut 03-02-2007 08:13 AM

Joe Horn
Joey Porter
Jerry Porter
Montell Vontavius Porter
Vonnie Holliday
Alfonso Soriano
Drew Bledsoe