ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   AFC Team Reports: Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=160656)

bdeg 04-02-2007 01:52 PM

AFC Team Reports: Chiefs

Kansas City Chiefs

Quarterback Brodie Croyle will receive much of the work when the offseason practice begins in May and when the team gets to training camp. That in effect makes the job Croyle's to lose. Coaches would like to see Croyle win it. If Croyle can handle the job, the team can begin the constructing an offense around him. Croyle's arm is strong enough to make all of the necessary throws, and hr has nice touch. The biggest questions involve his lack of size and durability.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...=tsn&type=lgns

I would consider this good news. Building for the future.

percysnow 04-02-2007 01:54 PM

this is going to be a long season

TRR 04-02-2007 01:55 PM

Good news or terrible news depending on how Brodie Croyle performs. I myself think he could be a lot more productive if given another year to watch Damon Huard, etc. But I could be wrong.

htismaqe 04-02-2007 02:01 PM

This franchise has NEVER developed it's own QB.

People have whined incessantly about it for the twenty-five years I've been a fan.

And now, when the team is on the verge of FINALLY doing the right thing, people want to whine about it...

ChiefFripp 04-02-2007 02:05 PM

Give the man a chance!

Vegas_Dave 04-02-2007 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe

People have whined incessantly about it for the twenty-five years I've been a fan.

And now, when the team is on the verge of FINALLY doing the right thing, people want to whine about it...

DUH!

Lets face it, how many fans willing WANT to have a "rebuilding" season. Fans like to use that term after the season is over... not Before it even starts.

We would all love for Croyle to be the guy... but can we stomach him being the guy - while throwing pics and not making critical passes that Huard probably would have completed?

Like most fans, we want to see our team win. If we lose, it is easy to have 20/20 hindsight and move on... but now that it is upon us in our near future... who WANTS to see a 2nd year player become our starting QB when so far what we have seen from him on the field has been FAR from starting QB material?

Heres to hoping Brodie can show up!:toast:

Hammock Parties 04-02-2007 02:08 PM

Finally a quarterback with a real arm.

htismaqe 04-02-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas_Dave
DUH!

Lets face it, how many fans willing WANT to have a "rebuilding" season. Fans like to use that term after the season is over... not Before it even starts.

We would all love for Croyle to be the guy... but can we stomach him being the guy - while throwing pics and not making critical passes that Huard probably would have completed?

Like most fans, we want to see our team win. If we lose, it is easy to have 20/20 hindsight and move on... but now that it is upon us in our near future... who WANTS to see a 2nd year player become our starting QB when so far what we have seen from him on the field has been FAR from starting QB material?

Heres to hoping Brodie can show up!:toast:

I honestly can't believe that this fanbase has become so myopic that they'd actually WISH for Damon Huard to be the opening-day starter.

He's 34-years old and started less than a full season in his entire career. If it wasn't for the fact that Dave Krieg closed out his career here, Huard would have been knocking on the door of setting the team record for fumbles by a Chiefs QB.

Not to mention the fact that people act like it's a foregone conclusion that starting Brodie equals having a shitty season while starting Huard ensures a winning season.

Coogs 04-02-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas_Dave
Lets face it, how many fans willing WANT to have a "rebuilding" season.

I'm good with it. As long as it is "rebuilding", I am 100% behind it. No matter what the record. I won't bitch and moan one time the entire season, and you can pull this thread back up and remind me of this fact if I should go back on my word.

crazycoffey 04-02-2007 02:25 PM

Quote:

Not to mention the fact that people act like it's a foregone conclusion that starting Brodie equals having a shitty season while starting Huard ensures a winning season.

I know, and I don't understand why this is. I'm pulling for Brodie, but if he doesn't have it, the coaching staff will know that and pull him, or not start him and that was why we signed Huard, as a safety net.

Heck I personally think if it's close between the two, even remotely close, let the young kid have the go at it, trial by fire - he'll either be forged into steel or burned to a crisp, but then at least there is no doubt which way we need to go with our QB situation.

Coogs 04-02-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey
I know, and I don't understand why this is. I'm pulling for Brodie, but if he doesn't have it, the coaching staff will know that and pull him, or not start him and that was why we signed Huard, as a safety net.

Heck I personally think if it's close between the two, even remotely close, let the young kid have the go at it, trial by fire - he'll either be forged into steel or burned to a crisp, but then at least there is no doubt which way we need to go with our QB situation.

Yep!

CoMoChief 04-02-2007 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs

His arm isn't that great. Maybe better than Green's, but thats not saying much.

greg63 04-02-2007 02:30 PM

They're paying Huard; Croyle will be the back up.

suds79 04-02-2007 02:30 PM

I'm good with this new approach.

Even if Brodie does struggle while he learns.

Our current system of brining in recycled QBs who have 3-4 years left in them obviously has not worked.

Lets try something different.

We gotta find a young QB who we can build a team around for several post season runs.

Not just a 1-2 year realistic window. (See DVs 3rd year)

htismaqe 04-02-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief

ROFL

htismaqe 04-02-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg63
They're paying Huard; Croyle will be the back up.

They're paying Huard to be a backup plan.

He'd be the lowest-paid starting QB in the ENTIRE LEAGUE, by a pretty wide margin...

Logical 04-02-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

I agree that it is the right thing to do, I just don't understand signing the other old players if that is our intent. Seems like we are the most inconsistently managed team in football.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

You're fugging nuts. He's got a great arm.

greg63 04-02-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

:LOL: :LOL:

I needed a good laugh.....

Oh, you were serious.

htismaqe 04-02-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logical
I agree that it is the right thing to do, I just don't understand signing the other old players if that is our intent. Seems like we are the most inconsistently managed team in football.

You can't play on Sundays without the 53-man roster full. We don't have enough draft picks to get rid of every player over 30.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2007 02:34 PM

Trent Green can make all the throws.

Brodie Croyle can make ANY throw.

greg63 04-02-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

That's King Carl for ya.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2007 02:36 PM

I predict that people will be SHOCKED by Brodie Croyle's arm. When was the last time we had a starting quarterback with a real live cannon?

greg63 04-02-2007 02:37 PM

Quote:

They're paying Huard to be a backup plan.

He'd be the lowest-paid starting QB in the ENTIRE LEAGUE, by a pretty wide margin...

Are they paying him less then they're paying Croyle?

pr_capone 04-02-2007 02:37 PM

Quote:

:rolleyes:

Yeah...... no.

crazycoffey 04-02-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

what, really? I don't know..... In my opinion, Green had a pretty good arm, could he throw it the furthest? no, but I don't know how that is the most important throw for a QB. Name the starting QB over the last five years you would rather have than Green?

Payton, duh
maybe a handful of others before you start to lose the debate and credibility in your arguement.

32 teams = how many starting QBs in the last five years? I am not going to even look up the number; but if it's only 32 QB's and you can name three you would rather have, with better arms and play, than Green looks pretty damn good. If Brodie has as good an arm as Green, I'll be happy. If he plays half as smart as Green has over the last five years, I'll be even happier. But that's just me.

Logical 04-02-2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

You can't play on Sundays without the 53-man roster full. We don't have enough draft picks to get rid of every player over 30.

Still no reason to waste valuable cap space on players like Nap and more importantly Mr I lead the league in tackles 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

htismaqe 04-02-2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Are they paying him less then they're paying Croyle?

Completely immaterial.

Croyle is playing under his rookie contract. Huard is a 34-year old who has played for 3 different teams.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2007 02:44 PM

Seriously. His arm is AT LEAST as good as Ted White's.

htismaqe 04-02-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Still no reason to waste valuable cap space on players like Nap and more importantly Mr I lead the league in tackles 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

Nap Harris is only 28-years old. That's a solid move, as it upgrades the position AND stays relatively young in the process.

The Edwards signing is a head-scratcher for me too, but it's still not a bad signing. We didn't give him a huge deal.

ct 04-02-2007 02:45 PM

Let the kid play!!

Hammock Parties 04-02-2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

You're dumb.

htismaqe 04-02-2007 02:50 PM

Quote:

Let me ask you this:

What else would you propose we do with that cap money?

The cap went WAY up, we've got tons of space. We don't win anything for leaving that money sitting there doing nothing. We might as well try to get a few stop-gap players with it. Those contracts won't prevent us from going out and getting other free agents and/or getting players at those positions in the draft. It's essentially free cap space.

greg63 04-02-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Completely immaterial.

Croyle is playing under his rookie contract. Huard is a 34-year old who has played for 3 different teams.

Immaterial??? I doubt Croyles agent would think so.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Croyle's agent uses his cut of Croyle's current contract for his kid's allowance...

greg63 04-02-2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

Croyle's agent uses his cut of Croyle's current contract for his kid's allowance...

So, whats your point; Croyles agent isn't going to try to get the kid more money for being the starter??

htismaqe 04-02-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

You're trying to use hindsight to support something that hasn't happened yet.

Strange to say the least.

If he were to start next year and perform at a high level, you can be certain that his agent will want to renegotiate his contract.

At this point, however, Croyle is UNDER CONTRACT and was signed to that contract as a rookie, while Trent Green was the FIRMLY ENTRENCHED starter.

Huard started 8 games last year, Green is as good as gone, and yet Huard signs a contract for BACKUP money prior to even exploring free agency.

Huard is a backup.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2007 02:58 PM

Quote:

So, whats your point; Croyles agent isn't going to try to get the kid more money for being the starter??

I'm saying Croyle's agent probably doesn't care a whole lot about Croyle's deal until Croyle does something significant, like...throw a touchdown to a teammate.

htismaqe 04-02-2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

Where are you going with this hypothetical? If anything, all you're doing is further solidifying my point.

You're sitting here on one hand trying to tell us that if Croyle were the starter, his agent would be demanding more money, but have yet to address the FACT that Huard's agent was IN THE POSITION to demand starter money and not only didn't get it, he DIDN'T EVEN ASK.

greg63 04-02-2007 03:03 PM

Quote:

You're trying to use hindsight to support something that hasn't happened yet.

Strange to say the least.

If he were to start next year and perform at a high level, you can be certain that his agent will want to renegotiate his contract.

At this point, however, Croyle is UNDER CONTRACT and was signed to that contract as a rookie, while Trent Green was the FIRMLY ENTRENCHED starter.

Huard started 8 games last year, Green is as good as gone, and yet Huard signs a contract for BACKUP money prior to even exploring free agency.

Huard is a backup.

Ok.

Truth is: I would like to see Croyle start; just to see if the kid can cut it, but I think it's going to Huard.

greg63 04-02-2007 03:06 PM

Quote:

Where are you going with this hypothetical? If anything, all you're doing is further solidifying my point.

You're sitting here on one hand trying to tell us that if Croyle were the starter, his agent would be demanding more money, but have yet to address the FACT that Huard's agent was IN THE POSITION to demand starter money and not only didn't get it, he DIDN'T EVEN ASK.

Just that if they are serious about starting Croyle then the money would have to follow, but I understand what you and GoChiefs are saying; the kid has to earn the spot first.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2007 03:07 PM

That's garbage. Tom Brady didn't get a new contract when he became the starter in New England.

greg63 04-02-2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

That's garbage. Tom Brady didn't get a new contract when he became the starter in New England.

That's because they were still paying Bledsoe(sp).

Hammock Parties 04-02-2007 03:10 PM

What does that have to do with anything? Croyle will get paid when he proves he's legit, just like Brady.

greg63 04-02-2007 03:12 PM

Quote:

What does that have to do with anything? Croyle will get paid when he proves he's legit, just like Brady.

I agree, as stated before.

StcChief 04-02-2007 03:13 PM

Quote:

I predict that people will be SHOCKED by Brodie Croyle's arm. When was the last time we had a starting quarterback with a real live cannon?

When was the last time we had receivers to catch a ball from a cannon arm.

htismaqe 04-02-2007 03:16 PM

The point is, you don't just throw a new contract at somebody who has 3 years left on their existing contract, just because they might be your starter next year.

See Larry Johnson, who is still playing under his rookie deal despite setting team single-season rushing records in back-to-back seasons.

The REAL indicator of who the start might be is not Croyle's contract, but rather HUARD'S.

If you REALLY believe that the Chiefs have intended for Huard to start all along, then you also have to be willing to believe that Huard and his agent are the biggest dopes to ever grace professional football, because he accepted a contract, before free agency even STARTED, that is WELL BELOW market value for a starting QB in the NFL.

greg63 04-02-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

The point is, you don't just throw a new contract at somebody who has 3 years left on their existing contract, just because they might be your starter next year.

See Larry Johnson, who is still playing under his rookie deal despite setting team single-season rushing records in back-to-back seasons.

The REAL indicator of who the start might be is not Croyle's contract, but rather HUARD'S.

If you REALLY believe that the Chiefs have intended for Huard to start all along, then you also have to be willing to believe that Huard and his agent are the biggest dopes to ever grace professional football, because he accepted a contract, before free agency even STARTED, that is WELL BELOW market value for a starting QB in the NFL.

Good point; I concede. It will still surprise me to see Croyle start.

pikesome 04-02-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Huard probably knew he'd start for 1 season or less regardless of which team he went to. He's already here, he's male, he probably likes to move as much as the rest of us. That's not a position you get all Carl-headed from.

bdeg 04-02-2007 03:23 PM

Quote:

If Brodie has as good an arm as Green, I'll be happy. If he plays half as smart as Green has over the last five years, I'll be even happier. But that's just me.

I'm assuming at least Croyle can get it to LJ above his knees.

And is this TrINT we're talking about?

He has been good but he's had a great OLine in front of him(Roaf protecting his blindside), plus TG which along with Kennison and our running game I think make up for the rest of our WRs. He ran the offense they asked him to run and he did it great. But that doesn't mean he didn't make some pretty damn poor decisions.

htismaqe 04-02-2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikesome
Huard probably knew he'd start for 1 season or less regardless of which team he went to. He's already here, he's male, he probably likes to move as much as the rest of us. That's not a position you get all Carl-headed from.

If he knew he'd only start for one season, he'd be MORE inclined to go for the big money, not less. It's his last chance at starter money.

Most guys in the NFL only get ONE shot at a big pay day.

And the "he likes KC and didn't want to move" argument just simply doesn't hold any water. We're talking about guys that make millions of dollars a year...

crazycoffey 04-02-2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdeg
I'm assuming at least Croyle can get it to LJ above his knees.

And is this TrINT we're talking about?

He has been good but he's had a great OLine in front of him(Roaf protecting his blindside), plus TG which along with Kennison and our running game I think make up for the rest of our WRs. He ran the offense they asked him to run and he did it great. But that doesn't mean he didn't make some pretty damn poor decisions.

And......

I don't understand your point. You think Green's success was a product of scheme and a good o-line alone? Then, in your mind, where does Payton and Brady stand in those areas? They both have good lines and good schemes, they run the offense they are supposed to run, they both put up good numbers/ ratings, yards, TD's, etc.

Take away only last year, and Green was highly under-rated as a productive QB in his time with KC. During that timeframe it would be a hard sell to say there were many better options, a handfull at best, though personally I think he should have been considered one of the best two or three.

So back to the origins of my statement, to say that Brodie is destined to suck because he is like Green is moronic.

kepp 04-02-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs
I'm good with it. As long as it is "rebuilding", I am 100% behind it. No matter what the record. I won't bitch and moan one time the entire season, and you can pull this thread back up and remind me of this fact if I should go back on my word.

I totally agree. I hate losing, but if it's going towards building a better-than-average future, I'll support it.

keg in kc 04-02-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Take away only last year, and Green was highly under-rated as a productive QB in his time with KC.

Take away 2001 and last year.

pikesome 04-02-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

If he knew he'd only start for one season, he'd be MORE inclined to go for the big money, not less. It's his last chance at starter money.

Most guys in the NFL only get ONE shot at a big pay day.

And the "he likes KC and didn't want to move" argument just simply doesn't hold any water. We're talking about guys that make millions of dollars a year...

Up to a certain point. I don't know Huard's checkbook but he might be at the spot where he doesn't want to chase that big paycheck anymore. Maybe he wants to be at home in his Bark-o-Lounger at the beginning of the 2008 season. What ever the reasons, you're right. He's got BU money and it's time for Brodie to quit getting splinters in his butt.

StcChief 04-02-2007 03:39 PM

If Herm has 20 new faces of 53 in Sept. is that rebuilding

I would call it that. if the NFL team avg is 15 new ones.

htismaqe 04-02-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikesome
Up to a certain point. I don't know Huard's checkbook but he might be at the spot where he doesn't want to chase that big paycheck anymore. Maybe he wants to be at home in his Bark-o-Lounger at the beginning of the 2008 season. What ever the reasons, you're right. He's got BU money and it's time for Brodie to quit getting splinters in his butt.

Starter money in this league is EASILY three times what he got from the Chiefs.

The only legitimate reason he could have for not chasing that kind of money is that he KNOWS HE'S NOT GONNA BE THE STARTER.

Fairplay 04-02-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Im glad its not fake, that would suck.

bdeg 04-02-2007 03:42 PM

Ya, I spose. He had 24 picks in 01, 17 in 04.

I just think he was a good QB put in a great situation.

Logical 04-02-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Let me ask you this:

What else would you propose we do with that cap money?

The cap went WAY up, we've got tons of space. We don't win anything for leaving that money sitting there doing nothing. We might as well try to get a few stop-gap players with it. Those contracts won't prevent us from going out and getting other free agents and/or getting players at those positions in the draft. It's essentially free cap space.

I agree that if Nap plays better than he played for Oakland it is not a bad deal. As to Edwards money frankly I would say either only sign younger free agents or use the money on an existing player that is quality to lock them up long term.

Fairplay 04-02-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

I honestly can't believe that this fanbase has become so myopic that they'd actually WISH for Damon Huard to be the opening-day starter.

He's 34-years old and started less than a full season in his entire career. If it wasn't for the fact that Dave Krieg closed out his career here, Huard would have been knocking on the door of setting the team record for fumbles by a Chiefs QB.

I think that he will be weaned in this year to be the starter. I believe the chiefs will do that this year. As a fan i would like that to happen.

bdeg 04-02-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

I agree that if Nap plays better than he played for Oakland it is not a bad deal. As to Edwards money frankly I would say either only sign younger free agents or use the money on an existing player that is quality to lock them up long term.

Ya, you know Carl had a boner for Donnie coming "home" though.

I for one love the Napoleon Harris signing though.

Fairplay 04-02-2007 03:45 PM

Right now Brodie will be scrambling for his life unless the Chiefs get serious about the offensive line.

bdeg 04-02-2007 03:48 PM

That's true. I could see the Chiefs passing out of a 2 TE set pretty often with Dunn helping out Macintosh, at least unless we get some help at WR. Maybe that'll free up Tony G.

pikesome 04-02-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay
Im glad its not fake, that would suck.

http://cache.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/luke_arm.jpg

htismaqe 04-02-2007 03:55 PM

Quote:

Sign younger free agents like who?

Are you suggesting we sign more William Bartee's and the like? After all, it doesn't matter if they suck as long as they are younger, right?

As for locking up players long-term, who? Why throw money at guys that don't warrant it? We already have enough money to lock up the guys that NEED it.

htismaqe 04-02-2007 03:55 PM

Quote:

Right now Brodie will be scrambling for his life unless the Chiefs get serious about the offensive line.

The Chiefs are serious about the offensive line. McIntosh is a serious upgrade over Black.

kcirnamffoh 04-02-2007 04:02 PM

Something tells me its back to the future folks. All this QB talk might be superflourous. Huard, Croyle, hell even Green, the QB position for the Chiefs is probably returning to one of hand offs and dumps with the occasional deep ball. I don't really mind that if the defense becomes top 5. But get ready for some more playoof disappointment, yes playoof.

No balance, no championship. Simple as that. Peterson doesn't know the meaning of balance. Right now is kind of like starting over and Peterson is still here so what does that tell me? Playoofs.

Fairplay 04-02-2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs are serious about the offensive line. McIntosh is a serious upgrade over Black.

I won't argue that. Thats not the only spot that needs an upgrade though. Plus Shields could pull a Roaf on us and retire. Wiegmans old and Turleys a joke.

penguinz 04-02-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

I won't argue that. Thats not the only spot that needs an upgrade though. Plus Shields could pull a Roaf on us and retire. Wiegmans old and Turleys a joke.

Why don't you just STFU until you know what is going on. Turley was cut a long time ago.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2007 04:16 PM

Fire the death blossom, htismaqe! It's the only way to take out all of them!

http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/7784/gunstar4xe8.jpg

bdeg 04-02-2007 04:19 PM

Logical 04-02-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Sign younger free agents like who?

Are you suggesting we sign more William Bartee's and the like? After all, it doesn't matter if they suck as long as they are younger, right?

As for locking up players long-term, who? Why throw money at guys that don't warrant it? We already have enough money to lock up the guys that NEED it.

Then why can't we get Jared Allen signed, not sure I want LJ around longer but get him locked up long term like SF did with Frank Gore. You don't have to throw the money at trash like Bartee.

By the way I will admit that it is now too late to be getting any quality.

penguinz 04-02-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Then why can't we get Jared Allen signed, not sure I want LJ around longer but get him locked up long term like SF did with Frank Gore. You don't have to throw the money at trash like Bartee.

Maybe because Allen wants way more than he is worth investing in?

Logical 04-02-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz
Maybe because Allen wants way more than he is worth investing in?

Possibly true.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Then why can't we get Jared Allen signed

It's not a question of money.

crazycoffey 04-02-2007 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdeg
Ya, I spose. He had 24 picks in 01, 17 in 04.

I just think he was a good QB put in a great situation.

Ok, so in your humbling perspective of Green's ability, having Brodie do almost as good in his first starting year, it would be a pretty good thing for this team, right?

htismaqe 04-02-2007 06:56 PM

Quote:

By the way I will admit that it is now too late to be getting any quality.

At this point, it's not about money with Allen. It's about the team's problem with his off-the-field behavior vs. Allen feeling like he's being disrespected.

As for locking up LJ, there's no reason to do it. He just set a single-season record for carries. Don't give him the contract until you HAVE to, he might just break down.

And I would contend that there wasn't much quality in free agency to begin with. Edwards was actually one of the better players available.

Logical 04-02-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

At this point, it's not about money with Allen. It's about the team's problem with his off-the-field behavior vs. Allen feeling like he's being disrespected.

As for locking up LJ, there's no reason to do it. He just set a single-season record for carries. Don't give him the contract until you HAVE to, he might just break down.

And I would contend that there wasn't much quality in free agency to begin with. Edwards was actually one of the better players available.

I would actually submit to all that then save the signing bonus money for another year, remember the Hunts are not willing to have the cash outlays every year.

htismaqe 04-02-2007 07:03 PM

Quote:

I would actually submit to all that then save the signing bonus money for another year, remember the Hunts are not willing to have the cash outlays every year.

I think that may be one thing that changes under Clark. We signed Law last year, yet had no problem going right in and getting McIntosh and Harris the first week of free agency.