ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   5th round: who to take (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=162208)

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 09:52 AM

5th round: who to take

who are guys you like to see in the 5th

we have 2 picks

I don't know who any of these people are..

we have picks:

all player reviews googled from SI.com

Deberg_1990 04-29-2007 09:53 AM

Ok, ill start.....Troy Smith......

OnTheWarpath15 04-29-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Ok, ill start.....Troy Smith......

Might as well take a backup punter.....

PunkinDrublic 04-29-2007 09:54 AM

We have got to start adding depth to our offensive line. I say get the best offensive lineman available.

Mecca 04-29-2007 09:55 AM

David Irons.

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
David Irons.

POSITIVES: Nice-sized cornerback with an improving game. Jams opponents at the line, is physical throughout routes and positions himself to defend the pass. Stays with receivers anywhere on the field, displays an explosive break to the throw and flies around the field.

NEGATIVES: Prefers to side-shuffle down the field and is a little tight in his backpedal. Occasionally struggles with his back to the ball, and is better facing the action.

ANALYSIS: A developing prospect who had opposing quarterbacks throwing away from him last season, Irons finished off a terrific campaign in .06 with an outstanding showing at the Senior Bowl. Durability issues from the past must be checked out, yet the arrow is pointing upward.

PROJECTION: Late Third Round

SI
---

sounds good to me

ChiefsCountry 04-29-2007 09:59 AM

Justin Medlock out of UCLA with one of them.

Dr. Johnny Fever 04-29-2007 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic
We have got to start adding depth to our offensive line. I say get the best offensive lineman available.

What you said. I don't think it would be considered depth though. We need help there now.

JBucc 04-29-2007 10:01 AM

If Manuel Ramirez is there I hope we take him.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2007 10:02 AM

G Nathan Bennett

Dude is a force in the running game.

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
Justin Medlock out of UCLA with one of them.

hmmm, a kicker?

POSITIVES: Left-footed kicker that is consistently accurate outside of 50 yards. Gets good lift on kicks and drives his field goals. Adequate kickoff leg with the ability to get the ball inside the 5-yard line from the pro mark.

NEGATIVES: Does not get great hang time on kickoffs. Will miss the easy kick from shorter distances on occasion. Pled guilty to a misdemeanor drunk driving charge from December of '05.

ANALYSIS: A solid college field-goal kicker very reliable from long distances, Medlock must improve the consistency of his kickoffs to have a real shot at the next level.

PROJECTION: Early Seventh Round

The Poz 04-29-2007 10:02 AM

O-line and CB's the rest of the way.

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
If Manuel Ramirez is there I hope we take him.

POSITIVES: Strong, small-area blocker with marginal upside. Blocks with good lean, anchors at the point or turns defenders off the ball. Plays with a nasty attitude and always looks for someone to hit. Patient, keeps his feet active and works well with teammates.

NEGATIVES: Lacks skills in motion and footwork in space. Struggles to adjust, and is not a true finisher. Suffered a knee injury during his junior campaign which was misdiagnosed. Underwent surgery in January to correct the situation and will not be 100 percent for some

ANALYSIS: Possessing outstanding size, Ramirez offers the strength and attitude to play at the next level. He needs to improve his flexibility and learn to consistently get leverage on opponents yet offers starting potential.

PROJECTION: Early Fifth Round

Hammock Parties 04-29-2007 10:03 AM

Medlock sounds EXACTLY like Tynes.

ChiefsCountry 04-29-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
hmmm, a kicker?

POSITIVES: Left-footed kicker that is consistently accurate outside of 50 yards. Gets good lift on kicks and drives his field goals. Adequate kickoff leg with the ability to get the ball inside the 5-yard line from the pro mark.

NEGATIVES: Does not get great hang time on kickoffs. Will miss the easy kick from shorter distances on occasion. Pled guilty to a misdemeanor drunk driving charge from December of '05.

ANALYSIS: A solid college field-goal kicker very reliable from long distances, Medlock must improve the consistency of his kickoffs to have a real shot at the next level.

PROJECTION: Early Seventh Round

Yeah, he could help all 3 areas of the team and play right now.

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
G Nathan Bennett

Dude is a force in the running game.

POSITIVES: Durable and nasty blocker who opens big holes for the running game. Attacks assignments, jolts defenders with his hands and drives them off the line. Displays explosion at the point, always looks for someone to hit and plays hard until the whistle blows.

NEGATIVES: Lacks adjustment, and is not effective in motion and struggles in space.

ANALYSIS: An intelligent lineman who annihilates the opposition in confined quarters, Bennett is one of the more underrated blockers in this draft. Should be a very good fit in a power running offense.

PROJECTION: Early Sixth Round

royr17 04-29-2007 10:04 AM

I would like to have OG Mansfield Wrotto and CB David Irons and the 5th round.

Micjones 04-29-2007 10:04 AM

Doug Free, David Irons, Manuel Ramirez...

Two of those three would be a damn good 5th Round.

Mecca 04-29-2007 10:04 AM

Other than Medlock never misses in games.......especially pressure situations.

Coach 04-29-2007 10:05 AM

Need a O-Line, possibly some depth on RB, possibly some depth on LB, and DB's, perferably CB's.

Mecca 04-29-2007 10:05 AM

Ramirez just went so remove him....

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:05 AM

Ramirez off the board to Detroit

Hammock Parties 04-29-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

POSITIVES: Durable and nasty blocker who opens big holes for the running game. Attacks assignments, jolts defenders with his hands and drives them off the line. Displays explosion at the point, always looks for someone to hit and plays hard until the whistle blows.

NEGATIVES: Lacks adjustment, and is not effective in motion and struggles in space.

ANALYSIS: An intelligent lineman who annihilates the opposition in confined quarters, Bennett is one of the more underrated blockers in this draft. Should be a very good fit in a power running offense.

Yep, there you go.

ROAD GRADAH!!!

Coach 04-29-2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Ramirez just went so remove him....

Damn, Detroit picked a good balla. He's gonna be good if given the time and paitence.

Buehler445 04-29-2007 10:06 AM

At some point I think we have to get O-line and CB. I don't know where you can get them and have them perform. I'd also like to see them get ahold of a running back somewhere. I'm sure Bennett will get breathed on and get hurt again.

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones
Doug Free, David Irons, Manuel Ramirez...

Two of those three would be a damn good 5th Round.

Doug Free

POSITIVES: Smart, alert lineman who stands out in pass protection. Displays a lot of quickness, recognizes blitzes and is an outstanding position blocker who makes effective use of angles. Stays square, keeps defenders in front of him and fights with his hands.

NEGATIVES: Not a dominant run blocker nor a true finisher. More of a finesse lineman than an outright mauler. Suffered a stress fracture in his foot early last season that hampered his play all year.

ANALYSIS: Formerly a tight end, Free has grown into a terrific offensive tackle. Offers a lot of upside for the next level yet may be incorrectly evaluated because of his injury last season. Possesses starting potential and is a bargain outside of the first round.

PROJECTION: Late Fourth Round

Hammock Parties 04-29-2007 10:08 AM

There's still a RB I like...Deshawn Wynn.

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17
I would like to have OG Mansfield Wrotto and CB David Irons and the 5th round.

Mansfield Wrotto

POSITIVES: Stout, wide-bodied blocker who shows a lot of potential on the offensive line. Quick off the snap, fights with his hands and is strong at the point. Turns defenders off the ball, keeps his feet moving and stays with blocks.

NEGATIVES: Not light on his feet, struggles sliding out to protect the edge and displays minimal skills blocking in motion. Stands to improve his overall body strength and conditioning.

ANALYSIS: Displaying consistent improvement as the year went on, Wrotto is a developmental project with good upside. Played tackle in college, but better off in confined quarters at guard.

JBucc 04-29-2007 10:09 AM

Where are you getting these scouting reports from?

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:10 AM

Quote:

There's still a RB I like...Deshawn Wynn.

POSITIVES: Strong runner who flashes the ability to take over games. Powerful, picks up a lot of yardage off initial contact and falls forward when tackled. Shows the ability to cut back in a small area and keep runs alive.

NEGATIVES: Not known as a great practice player or hard worker. Not elusive, and does not create yardage. Displays a lot of hesitation to his game. Does not play to his 40 time.

ANALYSIS: Possessing the athleticism and skill to be a feature runner at the next level, Wynn is an underachiever of sorts who never took his game to the next level. Teases scouts with his ability and must start to consistently play at a high level.

PROJECTION: Middle Fifth Round

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2007 10:10 AM

Marcus Thomas is still on the board

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
Where are you getting these scouting reports from?

sports illustrated via google

OnTheWarpath15 04-29-2007 10:10 AM

I hope Davis Irons drops, but I'm not expecting him to.

Doug Free would be a fine pick as well, not sure if he'll be there either.

For the 100th time this morning: Not having a 4th sucks. Bennett better be the nuts this year.....

Coach 04-29-2007 10:11 AM

Quote:

sports illustrated via google

Cool. You're doing a excellent job.

Rep.

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
Marcus Thomas is still on the board

POSITIVES: Explosive interior lineman who is a force when focused on his game. Plays with good pad level, quickly gets off the snap and is fluid changing direction. Effectively uses his hands to protect himself or get off blocks and makes plays laterally.

NEGATIVES: Gets lazy and takes plays off. Does not give consistent effort trying to shed blocks. Has been in a lot of trouble the past eight months.

ANALYSIS: Possessing first-round physical skills, Thomas offers starting potential at the next level if he makes football a top priority and stays clean off the field.

Skip Towne 04-29-2007 10:12 AM

Quote:

Medlock sounds EXACTLY like Tynes.

Tynes is left footed?

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58

For the 100th time this morning: Not having a 4th sucks. Bennett better be the nuts this year.....

amen brother

Mecca 04-29-2007 10:14 AM

I doubt the Chiefs are going to take 3 DT's in 1 draft.

royr17 04-29-2007 10:14 AM

I also like CB Kenny Scott

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:14 AM

I like the sound of Irons and Bennett

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

I doubt the Chiefs are going to take 3 DT's in 1 draft.

BPA

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

I also like CB Kenny Scott

POSITIVES: Tall cornerback with solid playing speed. Diagnoses the action, displays a sense of timing and knows where he is on the field in relation to opponents. Quickly gets his head back around to locate the ball in the air, and shows a burst of speed to the play.

NEGATIVES: Prefers to side-shuffle down the field. ites on the play-action pass. Average skills transitioning to run with opponents, as well as getting in position to make a play on the ball.

ANALYSIS: A feisty cornerback, Scott projects as a dime back who can play over the slot receiver.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent

Skini 04-29-2007 10:18 AM

I liked these options...some may fall into the 6th round...excuse me if for some reason they have jumped to the 4th because I just got to the TV...i'll just list the positives on these guys.

Cory Anderson, Fullback, Tennessee

Basically is just al ead blacker that has the ability to catch a few passes. Has decent speed for his size, 6'2, 250.

Brandon Frye, Tackle, Virginia Tech

Reall tough, will play hurt. Really athletic for tackle. Has good feet. Good pass blocker. Could really develop.

Sam Olajubutu, Outside Linebacker, Arkansas

He was Arkansas defensive leader. Voted best playmaker is the SEC. Very instinctive, and is good at blowing up run plays. He is very aggressive. At 5'9, it is said that if he was 6'2, he'd be a first rounder. Sounds like he has good potential, especially on special teams.

Reggie Lewis, Cornerback, Florida

Has good speed. Ex reciever with good hands. Good developmental player. 4 int's, 6 batted passes last season.

Micjones 04-29-2007 10:19 AM

Quote:

I like the sound of Irons and Bennett

That or Irons and Free.

Hopefully they both slide that far.

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2007 10:20 AM

Marcus Thomas is off the board now, going to Denver

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skini

Basically is just al ead blacker that has the ability to catch a few passes. Has decent speed for his size, 6'2, 250.

Brandon Frye, Tackle, Virginia Tech

Reall tough, will play hurt. Really athletic for tackle. Has good feet. Good pass blocker. Could really develop.

couldn't find SI on Frye

Brandon Frye, OL

* Height: 6-4
* Weight: 301
* 40 Time: 5.08
* Vertical: 32.5
* Shuttle: 4.4
* 3-Cone: 7.5
* Bench Reps: 34

Brandon Frye is an intriguing prospect to many NFL scouts. He is an excellent athlete, with very good quickness and upper body strength for a player his size. But on the other hand, he has virtually no game experience compared to other offensive line prospects in the draft.

Frye did not get any meaningful playing time until the Gator Bowl at the end of his junior season. When Jimmy Martin went down with an injury, Frye had to step up and play for the first time, and he did a good job against All-American defensive end Elvis Dumervil. Frye started as a senior, but was never healthy thanks to an elbow injury suffered against Northeastern and a severely sprained ankle against Miami.

So how good is Frye? No one really knows. His numbers suggest he has a lot of potential, but his on-field play was less than stellar in 2006, partly due to numerous injuries. Also, he probably doesn't have the bulk needed to play tackle in the NFL. He could be moved down to guard by whatever team he inks with.

With little game film and a senior season filled with injuries, NFL teams won't waste a first day or early second day pick on Frye. However, his athletic ability should warrant some team spending a late round draft pick to acquire him.

Mecca 04-29-2007 10:22 AM

Doug Free goes to Dallas.

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:23 AM

Quote:

Sam Olajubutu, Outside Linebacker, Arkansas

He was Arkansas defensive leader. Voted best playmaker is the SEC. Very instinctive, and is good at blowing up run plays. He is very aggressive. At 5'9, it is said that if he was 6'2, he'd be a first rounder. Sounds like he has good potential, especially on special teams.

POSITIVES: Tough, instinctive linebacker who makes plays sideline-to-sideline. Diagnoses the action, explodes up the field and chases hard to get involved. Possesses a burst of speed, plays with good overall quickness and flashes on the scene.

NEGATIVES: Does not consistently take proper angles to the action. Short, and blocked by opposing running backs. Mismatched against tight ends in coverage.

ANALYSIS: A hard-working defender who gives great effort, Olajubutu is a good fit in a one-gap system and should be a demon on special teams.

PROJECTION: Middle Seventh Round

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Reggie Lewis, Cornerback, Florida

Has good speed. Ex reciever with good hands. Good developmental player. 4 int's, 6 batted passes last season.

POSITIVES: Athletic cornerback still developing at the position. Reads receiver.s eyes, locates the ball in the air and nicely times pass defenses. Quickly breaks to the action and wins out in battles.

NEGATIVES: Just average pedaling in reverse and prefers to side-shuffle. Struggles downfield with his back to the ball. Does not show top-end speed.

ANALYSIS: A solid athlete who displayed improvement as a senior, Lewis still has a ways to go, yet offers the size/speed numbers to get a look in camp this summer.

PROJECTION: Late Fifth Round

Micjones 04-29-2007 10:25 AM

DAMN!!!

Brock 04-29-2007 10:25 AM

Too bad, Allen Barbre is gone.

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

I liked these options...some may fall into the 6th round...excuse me if for some reason they have jumped to the 4th because I just got to the TV...i'll just list the positives on these guys.

Cory Anderson, Fullback, Tennessee

I'll pass on the FB on principle :p

Mecca 04-29-2007 10:28 AM

Marcus Thomas just went to Denver......

Skini 04-29-2007 10:28 AM

Lewis sounds like he could be a good pickup to me, sounds like he isn't even close to the peak of his ability yet. I like the idea of having someone like Olajubutu with intensity/speed/ability playing special teams for us.

royr17 04-29-2007 10:28 AM

shit mansfield wrotto just went off the board.

fuggin seahags.

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Marcus Thomas just went to Denver......

REPOST

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2007 10:31 AM

Aundrae Allison is still on the board

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
Aundrae Allison is still on the board

who the **** names their kid "aundrae"

POSITIVES: Hot and cold pass catcher who is a force when focused on his game. Quickly releases off the line, displays sharpness running routes and gets separation from opponents. Adjusts to the errant throw, flashes the ability to snatch the pass from the air and

NEGATIVES: Does not play with consistent focus, takes his eyes off the ball and drops some catchable throws. Lazily comes off the line if he.s not directly involved in the action. Not always willing to battle for the difficult reception.

ANALYSIS: Though he suffered with an ankle injury through much of his senior campaign, Allison did not meet expectations last year. Came back and had a strong performance at the Senior Bowl yet his inconsistent play and less than desirable work ethic will hurt him

PROJECTION: Middle Third Round

Micjones 04-29-2007 10:35 AM

Irons is still there...

If he would just slide 21 more spots...

Micjones 04-29-2007 10:48 AM

Still quite a ways to go until we go on the clock again.

I'd like to get Irons, but who knows if he'll be there...

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:51 AM

13 picks to go...Irons sounds good, which means Cleveland will trade their 2009 2nd to get him

Frosty 04-29-2007 10:52 AM

Irons and T Adam Koets. Koets is a good tackle but needs some time in the weight room.

Micjones 04-29-2007 10:52 AM

Ha ha...

With a minute left on the clock...

They're still shitting on us after beating us in December with a guy who should be bagging groceries...

siberian khatru 04-29-2007 10:53 AM

Quote:

who the **** names their kid "aundrae"

Remember Aundray Bruce?

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc
Irons and T Adam Koets. Koets is a good tackle but needs some time in the weight room.

BIOGRAPHY: Three-year starter at left tackle awarded All-Conference honors as a senior.

POSITIVES: Smart, durable blocker with adequate size and growth potential. Plays with outstanding pad level, quickly gets his hands up and effectively places them into defenders. Stays square and seals defenders from the action. Keeps his head on a swivel.

NEGATIVES: Must improve the strength of his base. Rarely gets movement at the point of attack and falls off blocks.

ANALYSIS: Durable and efficient in college, Koets offers a good amount of upside potential as a pass-protecting blindside tackle. Needs to improve his playing strength, yet a solid developmental prospect.

PROJECTION: Middle Fifth Round

Micjones 04-29-2007 10:57 AM

Is Bennett still available?

eazyb81 04-29-2007 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones
Is Bennett still available?

If you mean Fred Bennett, he's off the board.

Infidel Goat 04-29-2007 11:00 AM

Doug Datish?

Infidel Goat 04-29-2007 11:01 AM

I wouldn't mind Kenny Scott either...

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel Goat
Doug Datish?

POSITIVES: Smart, hard-working blocker who is best in a small area. Quick in all his actions and stays with assignments. Immediately picks up stunts or twists, makes effective use of body positioning and walls defenders from the action.

NEGATIVES: Does not dominate in the middle of the line and falls off blocks. On the ground a bit much. Must improve the shotgun snaps.

ANALYSIS: A durable lineman with the versatility to be used at several positions, Datish comes off a terrific senior season and has elevated his draft stock. Does not possess great upside yet is a polished blocker who could fill several roles at the next level.

royr17 04-29-2007 11:05 AM

How good is Tarrell Brown from Texas ?

Mecca 04-29-2007 11:05 AM

Hrm maybe we should take the kicker he does have a booming leg.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2007 11:05 AM

Bennett still there.

royr17 04-29-2007 11:06 AM

yea that a good idea draft mason crosby.

ChiefsCountry 04-29-2007 11:07 AM

Quote:

Hrm maybe we should take the kicker he does have a booming leg.

Crosby or Medlock?

shakesthecat 04-29-2007 11:07 AM

Hey Can,
Thanks for providing the scouting reports for lazy bastards like myself. :toast:

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
Crosby or Medlock?

Allison then Medlock

CoMoChief 04-29-2007 11:09 AM

Rufus Alexander, Courtney Brown, Mason Crosby

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 11:09 AM

Quote:

How good is Tarrell Brown from Texas ?

can't find a solo report for him