ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Should Simply Red (The Poster) be nominated for a spot as a CP Moderator? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165297)

2112 07-01-2007 10:36 AM

Should Simply Red (The Poster) be nominated for a spot as a CP Moderator?

The guy is on a lot and never misses a birthday. I think he has the right stuff. just sayin'

Poll to come.

Fishpicker 07-01-2007 10:38 AM

as soon as he changes his avatar

Smed1065 07-01-2007 10:39 AM

Is this the wagon?

Simplex3 07-01-2007 10:39 AM

No. IMO he would probably be too hands on.

:shrug:

Bugeater 07-01-2007 10:40 AM

Nah, I prefer anarchy.

2112 07-01-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
No. IMO he would probably be too hands on.

:shrug:

He could be weened into not being so sensitive, maybe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater
Nah, I prefer anarchy.

That is what makes this place great. I have to agree

blueballs 07-01-2007 10:46 AM

he once laughed at one of
Rosie ODonnel's jokes

chagrin 07-01-2007 10:55 AM

So, because he reads the birthday list everyday he should be a mod?

No thanks, we already have a champion of the people as a mod, one is enough

Dr. Johnny Fever 07-01-2007 10:58 AM

Simply Red is the shit. The good kind.

Bwana 07-01-2007 11:06 AM

Sure....WTH.

Frazod 07-01-2007 11:09 AM

I'm all in favor of anybody who'll be a bit quicker to take out the trash.

Hydrae 07-01-2007 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs
he once laughed at one of
Rosie ODonnel's jokes

OMG, no way! That's it, don't make him a mod, ban him! :cuss:

luv 07-01-2007 11:15 AM

Stc started a birthday thread today.

jAZ 07-01-2007 11:28 AM

He gets my vote... :)

2112 07-01-2007 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
Stc started a birthday thread today.

Today doesn't count

chagrin 07-01-2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ
He gets my vote... :)

Well, there's another reason he shouldn't be

luv 07-01-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Parcells
Today doesn't count

I started one yesterday. He picked up when I started slacking.

FAX 07-01-2007 12:12 PM

I'm for this as long as Mr. Simply Red is running on a platform of absolute chaos, indiscriminate banning, and a cockring in every pot.

FAX

JBucc 07-01-2007 12:13 PM

I don't have anything against you but I voted no because I can't vote for anyone to become a mod before me.

FAX 07-01-2007 12:16 PM

I know how you feel, Mr. JBucc. I've wanted to be a mod all my life.

The urge to ban is strong.

FAX

BigRedChief 07-01-2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
I don't have anything against you but I voted no because I can't vote for anyone to become a mod before me.

Yeah where the hell is the "BRC for Mod" bandwagon?

FAX 07-01-2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
Yeah where the hell is the "BRC for Mod" bandwagon?

Bad news, Mr. BigRedChief. Mr. Bob Dole bought it and renamed it Velma.

FAX

Logical 07-01-2007 03:33 PM

Don't think he has the BB history to be a mod for all the perps.

Logical 07-01-2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
I'm for this as long as Mr. Simply Red is running on a platform of absolute chaos, indiscriminate banning, and a cockring in every pot.

FAX

Mr. Fax did you just discover cockrings today?

Eleazar 07-01-2007 03:36 PM

Why do we need more mods?

I don't really see there being a moderation problem. You never see them exercising their powers and that's a good thing. Ideally, you wouldn't even know who the mods were.

VonneMarie 07-01-2007 03:38 PM

Sure.

FAX 07-01-2007 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logical
Mr. Fax did you just discover cockrings today?

Okay, I admit that I need a new "Word Of The Day" calendar, but there's still a bunch of months left on this one.

FAX

RealSNR 07-01-2007 05:42 PM

I really like that Phobia guy. Let's make him a mod.

chasedude 07-06-2007 08:06 AM

Red's a good guy... I think he'd be fair.

Ultra Peanut 07-06-2007 08:44 AM

If you don't know him by now...

BigRedChief 07-06-2007 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
You never see them exercising their powers and that's a good thing.

Well unless they are changing usernames for their personal and community amusement.:rolleyes:

FAX 07-06-2007 08:56 AM

For my part, I like Mr. Simply Red a great deal. He's an excellent poster with a calm manner and a sincere appreciation for others.

However, I have dedicated my life to public service, posting, the consumption of dark beer, and the pleasuring of beautiful women. Plus, I didn't have to be drafted, I volunteered for duty. Not only that, but I received more votes than Mr. Simply Red.

And, I don't want to cause any trouble or anything, but I'm 100% for the good ol' US of A. An apple pie, first amendment, and nipples man all the way. Whereas, has anyone considered why Mr. Simply Red is Red? As in, Ruskie? As in cold war? As in, pass the vodka and bullets, comrade?

Just something to think about, my friends.

FAX THE ALL AMERICAN POSTER

Eleazar 07-06-2007 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
Well unless they are changing usernames for their personal and community amusement.:rolleyes:

I think we could use a bit more effort merging threads about the same topic, but that's just kind of a housekeeping thing.

LOCOChief 07-06-2007 09:10 AM

Wow, this is where all the big dogs hang out, I know I'm n00b and not worthy really, and even though Simply Red called me a dumbass twat I would vote yes (if my vote counted)

I might be a dumbass but not a twat, and as a mod I would assume the verbal abuse would stop.

Mr. Plow 07-06-2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Parcells
The guy is on a lot and never misses a birthday. I think he has the right stuff. just sayin'

Poll to come.

I've been trying to get all the birthdays of people nobody knows or cares about.

FAX 07-06-2007 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief
Wow, this is where all the big dogs hang out, I know I'm n00b and not worthy really, and even though Simply Red called me a dumbass twat I would vote yes (if my vote counted)

I might be a dumbass but not a twat, and as a mod I would assume the verbal abuse would stop.

I feel your pain, Mr. LOCOChief. Only a dirty commie would call you a twat. N00b (sp?) or no.

I promise you right here and now that, if I'm elected, I'll only call you a stinky labia flap.

FAX THE NICER THAN HIM

LOCOChief 07-06-2007 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
I feel your pain, Mr. LOCOChief. Only a dirty commie would call you a twat. N00b (sp?) or no.

I promise you right here and now that, if I'm elected, I'll only call you a stinky labia flap.

FAX THE NICER THAN HIM

Your technical terms made me feel inferior when standard empathy would have sufficed

FAX 07-06-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief
Your technical terms made me feel inferior when standard empathy would have sufficed

With all respect, we need to work on this self-esteem thing, Mr. LOCOChief. Actually, I do have great empathy for you because I had a very rough N00bhood (sp?), too. But, one thing I learned is that you have to take every login as it comes and just keep posting one thread at a time.

Also, you might want to spend some quality time focusing on your 3rd Chakra. It's right below your belly button. It really helps. Really.

FAX

chagrin 07-06-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX

FAX THE NICER THAN HIM

Hey man, I am curious - you are one of the best posters here; this mod obsession you have seems a bit played out. I don't mean to offend you but I'm just suggesting you look into my observation. :shrug:

MOhillbilly 07-06-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
I'm all in favor of anybody who'll be a bit quicker to take out the trash.

i can see the back of your head from where im standing.

chagrin 07-06-2007 10:00 AM

And I would like to amend my previous idea about having a MOD that is "champion of the people" he is no longer a MOD, I didn't realize that, I still think Red is too close to some members here to make an objective opinion about certain things.

MOhillbilly 07-06-2007 10:04 AM

he was a skater and liked hardcore so he gets my vote.

Frazod 07-06-2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly
i can see the back of your head from where im standing.

You hittin the shine a little early today?

FAX 07-06-2007 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagrin
Hey man, I am curious - you are one of the best posters here; this mod obsession you have seems a bit played out. I don't mean to offend you but I'm just suggesting you look into my observation. :shrug:

You're right, Mr. chagrin. Surely, you are wise among posters.

My desire to ban people has overwhelmed my better judgement and you are quite correct that it has developed into an obsession. To tell the truth, that is not the kind of person who should have mod powers. Frankly, I'm ashamed and embarrassed. My dream of becomming a mod is dead and I'll never mention it again.

But, do they have any kind of assistant mod position here?

FAX

Mr. Flopnuts 07-06-2007 10:41 AM

I will vote a resounding NO to any mention of any poster for any mod position until FAX gets the opportunity that so many wanted him to have...........Unless Phobia decides to do it again.

RJ 07-06-2007 10:47 AM

If you like anarchy, make me a mod. I'm rarely here and don't give a flying f*** what any of you say or do. As to bannings, it's all very impersonal to me. Just point your pitchforks and torches at the offending poster and I'll whack him/her in a heartbeat. Course I'm not here often so you'll have to be patient, which I know is difficult when the feeding frenzy starts.

RJ for absentee, disinterested, unfeeling mod.

FAX 07-06-2007 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts
I will vote a resounding NO to any mention of any poster for any mod position until FAX gets the opportunity that so many wanted him to have...........Unless Phobia decides to do it again.

Thanks for your confidence in me, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. But frankly, Mr. chagrin is right. It's apparent that this issue is bugging him and I would never want to do that because he is a stellar poster of great skill and intelligence. The fact is that I don't need to be a mod or assistant mod or mod intern or anything like that. Mr. Simply Red is a far better choice and, right here and now, I want to take back everything I said about him being a dirty commie and stuff.

Maybe I can just be a rat or snitch or mod informer or something like that. Far less responsibility and I can still turn people in for official banning. Under cover, like.

FAX THE JUST A REGULAR POSTER FOREVER

Frazod 07-06-2007 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Hahahaha. Not fuckin' likely, you dumbass twat.

LMAO You really need to come around more often.

Chief Chief 07-06-2007 01:16 PM

"hollowed grounds"...WTF?...I guess CP moderators require and deserve their own foxhole!!

|Zach| 07-06-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagrin
And I would like to amend my previous idea about having a MOD that is "champion of the people" he is no longer a MOD, I didn't realize that, I still think Red is too close to some members here to make an objective opinion about certain things.

So eh, we need someone who can be a mod...be here a lot...and active in the community. But not someone who is really close with a lot of people.

Good luck on that search.