ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Have you ever been hit by a vehicle? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165785)

Redrum_69 07-12-2007 10:03 AM

Have you ever been hit by a vehicle?

Were you walking, running, not paying attention, etc?

How fast was the vehicle going?

JBucc 07-12-2007 10:06 AM

When I was about 7 or 8 I was riding my bike and a car was coming at me and I stupidly decided to cut in front of it and it clipped my back wheel. They weren't going very fast and they were thankfully braking, but it still sent me spinnig of my bike. Luckily I landed on some grass and only got some scrapes.

crazycoffey 07-12-2007 10:08 AM

yes, and I almost shot the driver.

Frazod 07-12-2007 10:09 AM

I got run over by your mom, but I was driving. :)

Baby Lee 07-12-2007 10:11 AM

Came uncomfortably close to running over a bicyclist on Monday evening.
I'd just turned off the main drag onto a neighborhood street.
The first intersection in the neighborhood I come to I have the right of way straight through. The cross street is coming to the end of a big hill, with the stop sign at the bottom.
[Oh, for reasons that'll be clear in a moment, there's a 'Jack in the Box' at the top of the hill]
Anyway as I'm about to cross in the intersection I see a flash of yellow coming down the hill. I slam on the brakes and come to an immediate stop as I was only going about 15 mph.
I am then treated to the aerial ballet of this dude doing about 30mph on a yellow mountain bike, through the stop sign, with a bag full of burgers in one hand and a 32oz soda in the other, try to stop before I 'run him over.' He ends up flipping the bike about 10 feet in front of me [still stationary], with the soda and burgers flying another 10 feet on past.

tooge 07-12-2007 10:16 AM

Did I ever. I got chased down by a drunk driver that later said he was having flashbacks from Vietnam. He actually ran me over. Front tire went over my left shoulder and totally destroyed it, and back tire went over the middle of my lower back, fortunately no lingering problems there. No, I wasn't wearing one of those rice paddy hats. No, I am not asian. This dude just flipped and came pretty close to killing my ass. That was in 1990. Three shoulder surgeries and a bunch of bolily scars later, I am fine. If I ever see that Mfer again, I will nicely invite him in the nearest bar for a beer. Then take him to the bathroom and go midieval on his ass. But am I bitter, no, not really.

DenverChief 07-12-2007 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey
yes, and I almost shot the driver.

LMAO...its really not funny but if you don't know the context.....

Braincase 07-12-2007 10:20 AM

By a van, while riding a bike. He looked left for oncoming traffic to turn right, didn't see me coming from the right.

tooge 07-12-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
Came uncomfortably close to running over a bicyclist on Monday evening.
I'd just turned off the main drag onto a neighborhood street.
The first intersection in the neighborhood I come to I have the right of way straight through. The cross street is coming to the end of a big hill, with the stop sign at the bottom.
[Oh, for reasons that'll be clear in a moment, there's a 'Jack in the Box' at the top of the hill]
Anyway as I'm about to cross in the intersection I see a flash of yellow coming down the hill. I slam on the brakes and come to an immediate stop as I was only going about 15 mph.
I am then treated to the aerial ballet of this dude doing about 30mph on a yellow mountain bike, through the stop sign, with a bag full of burgers in one hand and a 32oz soda in the other, try to stop before I 'run him over.' He ends up flipping the bike about 10 feet in front of me [still stationary], with the soda and burgers flying another 10 feet on past.

I am not a cruel person, but it had to be hard not to laugh your ass off when you saw this. I hope he was OK, although he was probably a bit embarassed.

burt 07-12-2007 10:23 AM

yes. I was walking through a parking lot.....it was intentional....rolled me under a parked car....not much damage, but today at 46 I would be sore for 2 months...no other details.....it was ugly.

Oh, I married her btw.

Skip Towne 07-12-2007 10:23 AM

Kevin Ross got hit by cars three times.

BucEyedPea 07-12-2007 10:23 AM

Have you ever been hit by a vehicle?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69
Were you walking, running, not paying attention, etc?

How fast was the vehicle going?

Yes. By my tricycle.
It rolled down the driveway and bumped me on my leg.
But I just continued playing, despite the tire marks on me.
I was one tough, mother........!!!!

chagrin 07-12-2007 10:25 AM

Yes, I was riding my bike and pulled into the street (I was 9) he was going fast, about 45, broke my hand because the car sandwiched my hand between it and my handlebars

Fat Elvis 07-12-2007 10:25 AM

I was hit by a car the night of the Aggieville riots in '84; I was drunk enough I just bounced off the car (plus it wasn't going very fast).

In '92 I was hit while I was on my motorcycle when a car ran a red light. I came out of that with some scrapes and bruises but nothing too bad; I knew earlier in that day that I was going to have an accident on my motorcycle. I was (and am) really thankful that is what it was and not me going down the highway 75 per with no helmet on.

Baby Lee 07-12-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge
I am not a cruel person, but it had to be hard not to laugh your ass off when you saw this. I hope he was OK, although he was probably a bit embarassed.

Yeah, I should point out that I asked him repeatedly if he was OK. he didn't respond but it was because, it appeared, that he was despondent about his spilled dinner. Was picking up his burgers and staring a hole in the ground at his soda when I left.

DenverChief 07-12-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
Yeah, I should point out that I asked him repeatedly if he was OK. he didn't respond but it was because, it appeared, that he was despondent about his spilled dinner. Was picking up his burgers and staring a hole in the ground at his soda when I left.

well if he wouldn't have blown his whole paycheck on that damn bike he could have gone back to get another soda

HemiEd 07-12-2007 10:30 AM

I have posted it on here before, I was hit by a girl driving down an alley I just ran in to.
Since I had thought about what I would do in this situation, many times before, I walked away. The car was towed away. :D

crazycoffey 07-12-2007 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief
LMAO...its really not funny but if you don't know the context.....

Let me just say, felony warrant and, I could have shot the driver

El Jefe 07-12-2007 10:38 AM

Yep when I was 8 years old I got a brand new bike for my birthday and my parents told me I could go take it for a spin. We live in the country and the driveway is like 1/2 mile long so they couldnt see me because of our trees at the end. I turned onto the street and got the front half of my bike smashed by a very fast van. The worst part is there is a huge culvert thats about 8 feet deep with a rain drain in there and its filled with multi-flora, and it threw me right in the middle of the bush. Funny enough she stopped helped me out said she worked at Childrens hospital in Columbus and asked if I was ok. Me looking at my bike said im fine, well I had to drag that bike all the way back to my house, and no my parents didnt buy me another one LOL. I was picking thorns out of my legs for about an hour LOL.

DenverChief 07-12-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

Let me just say, felony warrant and, I could have shot the driver

ahhh I was thinking traffic stop and passing car ....the kind that gives you a pucker factor of 1 zillion at the same time you get a brown streak

El Jefe 07-12-2007 10:41 AM

Let me ask the two certified Police Officers here a question. Do you guys have to pass a yearly physical on your PD? I am trying to get onto Columbus PD, and they are strict but most of the smaller PD's you dont have to pass a physical every year, me personal I hate seeing FAT police officers.

DenverChief 07-12-2007 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsfanGoLJ
Let me ask the two certified Police Officers here a question. Do you guys have to pass a yearly physical on your PD? I am trying to get onto Columbus PD, and they are strict but most of the smaller PD's you dont have to pass a physical every year, me personal I hate seeing FAT police officers.

no physical requirements after hire...most officers have pride enough to keep in shape...some don't....IIRC there was a PD in TX that tried to force the physical requirements on it's officers and the troops revolted and complained to the union and it ended real quick

El Jefe 07-12-2007 10:51 AM

Quote:

no physical requirements after hire...most officers have pride enough to keep in shape...some don't....IIRC there was a PD in TX that tried to force the physical requirements on it's officers and the troops revolted and complained to the union and it ended real quick

I figured it would be a pride thing, I would think if you are gonna be on the street you should be in good shape IMO.

StcChief 07-12-2007 10:51 AM

watched friend (on a 10 speed) hit a parked car go over it at about 15 mph. wrecked the tire/rim/fork. Nothing to the big chrome 60s Sedan bumper

crazycoffey 07-12-2007 11:04 AM

Quote:

ahhh I was thinking traffic stop and passing car ....the kind that gives you a pucker factor of 1 zillion at the same time you get a brown streak

Double thankfully other officers were around, I lay on the hood of the car trying to maintain a good poker face for a few moments until he was cuffed and stuffed. Then I felt the adrenaline go away and the pain come in. lucky for me, only a bit of bruised knees and ego....

I am one of the types go on the passenger side, if their car is too close to the white line, couple close calls on the wrong side at the wrong time, LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsfanGoLJ

The last department I worked for allowed you an hour of paid time to work out, begininng or end of shift, we did have quarterly's - but I was on a tactical team, so a bit different. The hour work out was available for the street officers, and we had five different stations with a full gym and lockerroom/shower to use.

burt 07-12-2007 11:29 AM

Quote:

I am one of the types go on the passenger side, if their car is too close to the white line, couple close calls on the wrong side at the wrong time, LOL

I got pulled over on 35 last month....figured it was for speeding....so I pulled over 3 lanes to the right side of the highway and continued forward to an area where I could safely pull WAY over. The officer approached on the passenger side,

"How are you today, sir?"

"Up to now, great"

"Oh, you're fine sir....can I see your license.....do you still live at this address?"

"Yes, sir"

"The reason I pulled you over, is that you threw your cigarett butt out the window. That's littering in the state of Kansas."

"I am sorry, I wasn't aware..."

"I understand, use your ashtray from now on....have a nice evening."

I liked that officer......

DaFace 07-12-2007 11:32 AM

I ran into a parked car while riding my bike back in middle school. I wasn't paying attention and ran straight into the bumper and flipped up onto the hood.

Luckily, there were no dents or scratches and no one saw me, so I just went on with my day and my bruised ego.

Sully 07-12-2007 11:35 AM

Has anyone seen my shoes?
I kicked them off in a fit of joy!

tooge 07-12-2007 11:41 AM

I also ran into a parked car in middle school on the way home from football practice. My helmet was strapped to the handle bars, but I had on the rest of my pads, so it didn't hurt too much. The worst part was that the car was parked in front of the house of the one MILF on the block.As luck would have it she as in the front yard. I was very ashamed. If I knew then what I know now, I would have laid there gasping for air and asked her if she could take me in and clean me up and help me.

Hydrae 07-12-2007 11:54 AM

I was riding my bike to work while in high school when an old lady turned left into me. Here I was flying down a long hill with a yellow windbreaker flapping behind me and she just doesn't see me. Killed the bike but I walked away with only a bruise on my left leg. We had a shaped hat we wore at the restaurant I worked at that was in my backback and it cushioned me when I hit the pavement. The amazing thing was that this styrofoam hat didn't even break.

Jilly 07-12-2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully
Has anyone seen my shoes?
I kicked them off in a fit of joy!

What's that? I'm bleeding from the ears? I do that. From time to time I do that, bleed from the ears.

JohninGpt 07-12-2007 04:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae
We had a shaped hat we wore at the restaurant I worked at that was in my backback and it cushioned me when I hit the pavement. The amazing thing was that this styrofoam hat didn't even break.

Baby Lee 07-12-2007 04:48 PM

Doesn't anybody knock any more?

CoMoChief 07-12-2007 04:59 PM

I had some guy run over my foot on the MU campus in a motorized wheelchair. The guy was absolutely flying down the sidewalk expecting people to move out of his way. It hurt a little but luckily I was wearing shoes and not flip flops. I yelled at the guy to tell him to watch out wear he was going and just snarled and me and gave me a dirty look. Should have chased him down and pushed the faqqot over.

LocoChiefsFan 07-12-2007 05:18 PM

My wife ran over my foot once. I was leaning in the drivers side window argueing with her about something. I guess she didn't like what I had to say, and she stomped on the gas. The side view mirror caught me and knocked me down and she ran over my foot in the process. I love my wife!

DenverChief 07-12-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief
I had some guy run over my foot on the MU campus in a motorized wheelchair....Should have chased him down and pushed the faqqot over.

Sounds like something a laptop thief would do....

CoMoChief 07-12-2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

Sounds like something a laptop thief would do....

I like how you edited out just about everything in my post except the part that makes me look like a total asshole.

DenverChief 07-12-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

I like how you edited out just about everything in my post except the part that makes me look like a total asshole.

I left out the part that he sneered at you...he is in a fuggin wheelchair ...you would pick a fight with a guy in a wheelchair?

crazycoffey 07-12-2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

he's a damn cop, what'd ya expect.

CoMoChief 07-12-2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

I left out the part that he sneered at you...he is in a fuggin wheelchair ...you would pick a fight with a guy in a wheelchair?

I wouldn't pick a fight, I'd just go up to him and push him over. He would then think twice about not giving a shit that there are thousands of people walking around while he's going fast down a sidewalk.

CoMoChief 07-12-2007 06:44 PM

Quote:

he's a damn cop, what'd ya expect.

True, he probably also does while writing out police reports as well.

crazycoffey 07-12-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

True, he probably also does while writing out police reports as well.

they all do!!!

Mosbonian 07-12-2007 07:18 PM

I was running downtown in Minneapolis about 15 years ago on the sidewalks. A car came out of one of the downtown parking garages and never even slowed down. Luckily for me I was able to roll onto the hood and over the side of the car. I was wearing only my jogging shorts and a t-shirt and when I hit the pavement I skinned up my whole body. When I went to shower off it felt like I was bathing in acid.

mmaddog

BWillie 07-12-2007 07:36 PM

My dad hit Larry Brown in the hip when we lived in Lawrence in 88. He flew up on the hood but was unscathed. Good thing for my dad, or I would of assassinated him.

BTW, my car broke down, and I need to get salvage out of my vehicle. Anybody want to just rear end me real hard, let your insurance cover it? I'll give you like 400 dollars or so for your time. Thanks

KC Jones 07-12-2007 09:09 PM

I got hit by a lady in Pittsburgh. She stopped at the stop sign, looked left didn't see any on coming traffic and floored it to make a right turn. I was in the crosswalk right in front of her. Rolled up on the hood and off to the side. She stopped to see if I was alright, but I guess the sight of a rather large and very pissed off twenty something yelling obscenities convinced her to drive off.

listopencil 07-13-2007 12:14 AM

When I was about seven years old I ran away from my sister in a parking lot and ran right out in front of a moving vehicle. It was going about 15 miles an hour but it was just a few feet in front of me when I saw it. I actually leaned forward and grabbed the bumper with both of my arms ninja-style but it threw my stupid ass backwards and knocked me out cold for a few minutes. I was completely unhurt..but I NEVER let my kids run in parking lots.

ChiefFan31 07-13-2007 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge
Did I ever. I got chased down by a drunk driver that later said he was having flashbacks from Vietnam. He actually ran me over. Front tire went over my left shoulder and totally destroyed it, and back tire went over the middle of my lower back, fortunately no lingering problems there. No, I wasn't wearing one of those rice paddy hats. No, I am not asian. This dude just flipped and came pretty close to killing my ass. That was in 1990. Three shoulder surgeries and a bunch of bolily scars later, I am fine. If I ever see that Mfer again, I will nicely invite him in the nearest bar for a beer. Then take him to the bathroom and go midieval on his ass. But am I bitter, no, not really.

WTF? That is a crazy story man.

cadmonkey 07-13-2007 05:56 AM

About 5 years ago I was riding my bike through Marblehead, Ma. Some dipshit in a car decided to take a U-Turn from the curb. Well, I was going about 30 mph, he pulled out with out looking, and took me out.

I went about 10 feet in the air, and about 30 feet down the street. I landed on my head, then tumbled over and busted up my knee. I needed 4 staples to close the cut to my head and needed an MRI on my knee. My bike was basically destroyed.

Mr. Laz 07-13-2007 09:50 AM

got hit by a car while walking to school in the 5th grade.

lucky is was an MG :D

he swerved and ended up in some yard and just clipped my calf.

Fish 07-13-2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

I saw that happen once at Rusty's in Manhattan, KS. Dude in a wheelchair was leaving the bar and some guy started giving him shit. The dude in the wheelchair was actually in very good shape from the waist up, and he hobbled himself up out of the wheelchair, caught the guy's throat and rode him to the ground and proceeded to tenderize this drunk guys head on the pavement for a few minutes. People were so shocked that this guy got up out of a wheelchair and kicked this guys ass that everybody stood around for a good 60 seconds.

Damnedest thing...

Mr. Flopnuts 07-13-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale "Fat Fingers" Mercer
I got pulled over on 35 last month....figured it was for speeding....so I pulled over 3 lanes to the right side of the highway and continued forward to an area where I could safely pull WAY over. The officer approached on the passenger side,

"How are you today, sir?"

"Up to now, great"

"Oh, you're fine sir....can I see your license.....do you still live at this address?"

"Yes, sir"

"The reason I pulled you over, is that you threw your cigarett butt out the window. That's littering in the state of Kansas."

"I am sorry, I wasn't aware..."

"I understand, use your ashtray from now on....have a nice evening."

I liked that officer......

WA State had a great ad campaign 6 months ago. "Wanna litter? Fine."