ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Bobby Sippio..... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=169859)

RedThat 09-12-2007 12:46 AM

Bobby Sippio.....

ROFL ROFL ROFL

To the rescue

DenverChief 09-12-2007 12:47 AM

have you been :bong:?

Thig Lyfe 09-12-2007 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief
have you been :bong:?

NARC!

RedThat 09-12-2007 12:54 AM

Bobby Sippio is coming to save our offense.

MGRS13 09-12-2007 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBull
Bobby Sippio is coming to save our offense.

Don't be silly.......thats Dave Rayners job.

RedThat 09-12-2007 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGRS13

ROFL

hey Medlock went 1 for 2 last week....if Rayner can go 2 for 2 that would give us a total of 6 points.

But wait, we need Sippio to make those 5 yard slant catches so that way he can get those extra yards to set up Rayner for an easier field goal.

I think we can win games 6-3

kcxiv 09-12-2007 01:32 AM

That means Rayner can double our point total. Awesome.

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2007 01:37 AM

It's gotta be better than Bigfoot's "catch" and subsequent "fumble" for a touchdown.

Or not.

htismaqe 09-12-2007 06:00 AM

Rayner missed 9 kicks out of 35 last year.

We'll be real lucky if he equals Medlock's output...

King_Chief_Fan 09-12-2007 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Rayner missed 9 kicks out of 35 last year.

We'll be real lucky if he equals Medlock's output...

since when is 1/4 > 1/2?

GarySpFc 09-12-2007 06:07 AM

Quote:

But wait, we need Sippio to make those 5 yard slant catches so that way he can get those extra yards to set up Rayner for an easier field goal.

With Bowe, Sippio, and TG in Ole Rag Arm will throw his 4 yard passes, and they might gain an additional 4 to 6 yards bulling their way ahead. We just might have a better offense than Chicago.

thehead 09-12-2007 06:07 AM

[QUOTE=RedBull]ROFL

hey Medlock went 1 for 2 last week....if Rayner can go 2 for 2 that would give us a total of 6 points.

Thats Herms offense in a nut shell
:clap:

htismaqe 09-12-2007 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan
since when is 1/4 > 1/2?

Medlock played in one game and scored 3 points.

Rayner played in 16 games and still only scored 78 points...

King_Chief_Fan 09-12-2007 06:30 AM

Quote:

Medlock played in one game and scored 3 points.

Rayner played in 16 games and still only scored 78 points...

with that logic, you go ahead and pick Medlock for your fantasy team.

htismaqe 09-12-2007 06:33 AM

Futhermore, Justin Medlock was 70-88 in college, an 80% rate. His current 50% make rate is statistically divergent, especially considering the EXTREMELY small sample size.

On the other hand, Rayner's college make rate was 71% - right in line with his pro make rate of 74%.

There's plenty of reason to believe that Rayner is not a good NFL kicker and might never become one.

htismaqe 09-12-2007 06:34 AM

Quote:

with that logic, you go ahead and pick Medlock for your fantasy team.

I'm not talking about fantasy football. I'm talking about winning games, which the Chiefs are making a pathetic attempt at doing.

They got rid of a kicker that MIGHT suck and replaced with a kicker that DOES suck.

King_Chief_Fan 09-12-2007 06:38 AM

Quote:

I'm not talking about fantasy football. I'm talking about winning games, which the Chiefs are making a pathetic attempt at doing.

They got rid of a kicker that MIGHT suck and replaced with a kicker that DOES suck.

they got rid of a kicker that proved he can't do anything but suck.
Might be the same for Raynor we shall see, but Medlock proved on this team he isn't capable. Raynor now has his chance to see if he is capable on this team. Boot his ass out too if he is not capable.

htismaqe 09-12-2007 06:40 AM

Quote:

they got rid of a kicker that proved he can't do anything but suck.
Might be the same for Raynor we shall see, but Medlock proved on this team he isn't capable. Raynor now has his chance to see if he is capable on this team. Boot his ass out too if he is not capable.

ROFL

You got another one, Carl.

Ultra Peanut 09-12-2007 06:42 AM

Quote:

Futhermore, Justin Medlock was 70-88 in college, an 80% rate. His current 50% make rate is statistically divergent, especially considering the EXTREMELY small sample size.

On the other hand, Rayner's college make rate was 71% - right in line with his pro make rate of 74%.

There's plenty of reason to believe that Rayner is not a good NFL kicker and might never become one.

Pro football Analysis, Research, Knowledge, & Enlightenment Repository

htismaqe 09-12-2007 06:44 AM

Justin Medlock missed a FG, which cost the Chiefs points.

Eddie Drummond fumbled a kickoff, and also cost the Chiefs points.

Which one is a free agent band-aid? And which one is still on the team?

:hmmm:

htismaqe 09-12-2007 06:46 AM

You know what's funny?

Expecting Dave Rayner to somehow magically get BETTER because he's now in KC.

How many free agents come here and get BETTER?

I'd like someone to name them for me, because I certainly remember alot of players that SUCKED while they were here, despite being at or near a pro bowl level right before, or right after, they were here.

CupidStunt 09-12-2007 06:47 AM

Quote:

ROFL

You got another one, Carl.

Carl drones accept whatever we have, no matter how shit.

Looks like this cat is glad we got rid of someone and at least tried to better ourselves.

Bzzzzz.

hawkchief 09-12-2007 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGRS13

I guess Rayner's FG range extends up to 80 yards, which will now give the Chiefs a ray of hope for scoring. I can finally see why we signed him. :banghead:

King_Chief_Fan 09-12-2007 06:56 AM

Quote:

ROFL
What a spin job.

I see that you want to discount his preseason performance.

htismaqe 09-12-2007 07:19 AM

Quote:

ROFL
What a spin job.

I see that you want to discount his preseason performance.

I did?

He is 4-8, INCLUDING preseason. That's 50%. And 5 games IS a small sample size.

The joke is on you. Better luck next time.

unlurking 09-12-2007 07:24 AM

Quote:

You know what's funny?

Expecting Dave Rayner to somehow magically get BETTER because he's now in KC.

How many free agents come here and get BETTER?

I'd like someone to name them for me, because I certainly remember alot of players that SUCKED while they were here, despite being at or near a pro bowl level right before, or right after, they were here.

Damn ht, you have gone all Mecca on us in the last few days!!!

You really seem fired up about Carl, Herm, and Medlock, what gives? Usually you are much more methodical in your posts, which is one reason I really enjoy reading your takes.

Anyways, why not give Rayner a shot? Many people have stated that Lowery and all the other greats took a while to "get it down". I mean, you want to give Medlock the season right? Well Rayner already had his season, it may be his breakout year. Medlock is on the PS, so he's still there for emergency or next season.

htismaqe 09-12-2007 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking
Damn ht, you have gone all Mecca on us in the last few days!!!

You really seem fired up about Carl, Herm, and Medlock, what gives? Usually you are much more methodical in your posts, which is one reason I really enjoy reading your takes.

Anyways, why not give Rayner a shot? Many people have stated that Lowery and all the other greats took a while to "get it down". I mean, you want to give Medlock the season right? Well Rayner already had his season, it may be his breakout year. Medlock is on the PS, so he's still there for emergency or next season.

Why?

Because they've finally worn through my patience.

I started following this team in the early 80's and I'm just flat-out sick of knowing in the bottom of my heart every year that we really don't have a shot.

hawkchief 09-12-2007 07:41 AM

Quote:

Why?

I started following this team in the early 80's and I'm just flat-out sick of knowing in the bottom of my heart every year that we really don't have a shot.

Yeah, this $hit is starting to smell just like the Royals - the seasons are over before it even starts. Anyone foolish enough buying tickets to the games, and not realizing they are being fleeced by Carl and Clark deserve the fleecing they're getting.

Baseball's one thing - when the payrolls are so disparate, but for the Chiefs to be so far off base from the likes of the Patrioits, Colts, Chargers etc., teams that have virtually identical financial structures as ours, means one thing - Carl Peterson has no clue WTF he is doing.

I've had it with all the "well, those picks were Vermiels' picks, or he DID draft TG and LJ. The bottom line is that Carl has made millions for himself and the Hunts off of the fans of this city, and we have nothing to show for it. He's been given more that a fair shot to say the least. It's beyond ridiculous and time for him to go - TODAY.

unlurking 09-12-2007 07:41 AM

Quote:

Why?

I hear ya! I started watching in '81. After the '96 Colts debacle I threw my TV across the room (twice, the first time didn't do enough damage) and burned a Chiefs hat in effigy within minutes of the game ending.

The problem is that IMO, you are one of the most knowledgeable posters here with an emotionless, unbiased tone. No offense to the homers / Meccas of the board, but at least with your posts I could tell you were actually discussing the merits of the topic themselves without rose-colored glasses.

Oh well, everyone deserves a good breakdown, so just make sure you do it right and go total psycho this season so I at least get some entertainment! Then I expect you back in original form by draft day.

chiefsfan1963 09-12-2007 07:54 AM

Long live the Field Goal Offense!!!!!!!!! :shake:

Mile High Mania 09-12-2007 08:00 AM

Maybe this Bobby would be better...

http://www.splicedonline.com/98reviews/waterboy_.jpg

King_Chief_Fan 09-12-2007 08:02 AM

Quote:

I did?

He is 4-8, INCLUDING preseason. That's 50%. And 5 games IS a small sample size.

The joke is on you. Better luck next time.

The joke isn't on me. You or I either one do not know what was best in this case. We both have our opinions. I will agree to disagree with you and leave it at that. Watching Tynes look perfect against the Cowboys plays well to your argument about giving a guy time. What was your thoughts about dumping Tynes?

Micjones 09-12-2007 08:06 AM

We never should've gotten rid of Lawrence Tynes.

In the NFL there are few elite kickers, a bunch of middle-of-the-road but effective kickers (Tynes fell here) and the guys who flat suck.

Unless we were going after an elite type there was simply no point in ever making a move there.

OnTheWarpath15 09-12-2007 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones
We never should've gotten rid of Lawrence Tynes.

In the NFL there are few elite kickers, a bunch of middle-of-the-road but effective kickers (Tynes fell here) and the guys who flat suck.

Unless we were going after an elite type there was simply no point in ever making a move there.

Hindsight being 20/20, you're probably right.

IMO, it's kind of a non-issue considering we have an offense that will struggle to cross the 50 yard line more than 3 times a game.

htismaqe 09-12-2007 08:17 AM

Quote:

The joke isn't on me. You or I either one do not know what was best in this case. We both have our opinions. I will agree to disagree with you and leave it at that. Watching Tynes look perfect against the Cowboys plays well to your argument about giving a guy time. What was your thoughts about dumping Tynes?

I would always prefer to play drafted players. I was in favor of dumping Tynes once we drafted Medlock.

But given how the situation turned out, it would have been a better idea to keep Tynes and use that pick on an offensive lineman or something.

FAX 09-12-2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

since when is 1/4 > 1/2?

Our crack coaching staff is working on that problem at this very moment, Mr. King_Chief_Fan.

FAX

crazycoffey 09-12-2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

Priest Holmes
Trent Green
Eddie Kennison
Marcus Allen
Willie Roaf (how many probowls in New Orleans?)
K. Bell (ok, just kidding....)

blsilks 09-12-2007 09:51 AM

The football's like a one-man cold to Bobby Sippio. Bobby Sippio's the only man catchin' it, Bobby Sippio's the only man comin' down wid it.

RedThat 09-12-2007 09:52 AM

Why don't the Chiefs just sign Vanderjagt or Carney?

At least bring in some guys who can kick the darn ball especially if their plan is to kick field goals.

Hey I figure they're the best guys out there?

beach tribe 09-12-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

Why don't the Chiefs just sign Vanderjagt or Carney?

At least bring in some guys who can kick the darn ball especially if their plan is to kick field goals.

Hey I figure they're the best guys out there?

Hard to believe the most accurate kicker in history is unemployed.

No matter how bad he fuked up.

RedThat 09-12-2007 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe
Hard to believe the most accurate kicker in history is unemployed.

No matter how bad he fuked up.

very hard to believe. didn't know he was the most accurate kicker in nfl history.

RedThat 09-12-2007 10:26 AM

Holy! sippio is playing! lol... ROFL ROFL

Chiefs notes: Sippio will play against Bears

Sippio will play against Bears

Chiefs coach Herm Edwards announced Tuesday that receiver Bobby Sippio has been activated from the practice squad and will play in Sunday’s game at Chicago.

The move comes two days after veteran Eddie Kennison injured his hamstring during a season-opening loss at Houston.

The Chiefs signed the 6-foot-3, 214-pound Sippio during training camp. He previously starred for the Arena League’s Chicago Rush, so this will be a homecoming of sorts for Sippio.

“All of those people in arena ball will be asking for tickets all of a sudden,” Edwards said.

RedThat 09-12-2007 10:28 AM

So let's get this straight.

We draft a kicker in the 5th round, cut him to the practice squad to replace him with an arena league receiver?

if Sippio drops 4, 5 passes this sunday, I am going to laugh my butt off.

RedThat 09-12-2007 10:31 AM

Quote:

Holy! sippio is playing! lol... ROFL ROFL

Chiefs notes: Sippio will play against Bears

Sippio will play against Bears

Chiefs coach Herm Edwards announced Tuesday that receiver Bobby Sippio has been activated from the practice squad and will play in Sunday’s game at Chicago.

The move comes two days after veteran Eddie Kennison injured his hamstring during a season-opening loss at Houston.

The Chiefs signed the 6-foot-3, 214-pound Sippio during training camp. He previously starred for the Arena League’s Chicago Rush, so this will be a homecoming of sorts for Sippio.

“All of those people in arena ball will be asking for tickets all of a sudden,” Edwards said.

So does this mean we are going to score 30 points now Herm?

Chiefs 30 points, passing the ball, because Sippio is going to have a career day...7 rec, 109 yards, and 2 TD's... :rolleyes:

beach tribe 09-12-2007 10:31 AM

Quote:

We draft a kicker in the 5th round, cut him to the practice squad to replace him with an arena league receiver?

He may be the only reciever we have that can catch........or maybe not..........sad.

Radar Chief 09-12-2007 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
Maybe this Bobby would be better...

http://www.splicedonline.com/98reviews/waterboy_.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher
Moma says, “Alligators are ornry ‘cause they got all them teeth and no tooth brush.”

Micjones 09-12-2007 10:38 AM

Glad Sippio's up.
Hopefully he can contribute.
I'm not sure it'll be this week though.
We may not see much pass production from anyone on this team.

We could be facing the best defense in the NFL.

RedThat 09-12-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones
Glad Sippio's up.
Hopefully he can contribute.
I'm not sure it'll be this week though.
We may not see much pass production from anyone on this team.

We could be facing the best defense in the NFL.

We are facing the best defense in the NFL.

We'll be lucky if we can score. Im hoping we can get lucky and be hopeful our defense can score or special teams?

Frosty 09-12-2007 10:51 AM

Quote:

They cut Allan to make room for Sippio. Medlock was cut to make room for Rayner.

Both stupid moves, IMO, though I am not opposed to Sippio being brought, since they are short WRs now.

Micjones 09-12-2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

We are facing the best defense in the NFL.

We'll be lucky if we can score. Im hoping we can get lucky and be hopeful our defense can score or special teams?

I think we've got a great shot at having a short field on at least a couple drives. Still, it's going to be an uphill battle.

Thig Lyfe 09-12-2007 11:13 AM

Quote:

Uh, he won't, because he can't drop it. Believe me, he's tried. It's a blessing and a curse. Well, mostly just a blessing.

talastan 09-12-2007 11:35 AM

Even just having one more playmaker would be nice to get the double teams off of TG and have little bit of a threat in the passing game for LJ. However unless he puts up 7 rec, 109 yards, and 2 TD's like you say he will, I don't see this affecting how any future team is going to game plan us. Especially Chicago.

Sure-Oz 09-12-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer
Uh, he won't, because he can't drop it. Believe me, he's tried. It's a blessing and a curse. Well, mostly just a blessing.

That and we likely won't get 5 passes thrown anyway

greg63 09-12-2007 11:42 AM

I'm excited to see if this kid can do the job.

HypnotizedMonkey 09-12-2007 11:54 AM

So KC is going to play the Bears in their home-opener, and a new receiver is going to make us look better than we did last week against the Texans? you can't look much worse... but yeah right. Grossman throws 3 picks and we might be in this game.

htismaqe 09-12-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey
Priest Holmes
Trent Green
Eddie Kennison
Marcus Allen
Willie Roaf (how many probowls in New Orleans?)
K. Bell (ok, just kidding....)

Priest Holmes - yep

Trent Green - he didn't really play before coming here, we'll see if he's as good after leaving, incomplete

Eddie Kennison - I'll give you this one too

Marcus Allen - no ****ing way, he was a Super Bowl MVP in Oakland, he was a cog in a committe here

Willie Roaf - made the pro-bowl 8 or 9 years in a row before coming to KC. Nope, sorry.

So you got two. Now my turn, and I'll only take 30 seconds:

Players who were good and then came here and dropped off:
Shawn Barber, Patrick Surtain, John Welbourn

Players who excelled only after leaving KC:
Scott Fujita, Vonnie Holliday, Joe Horn, John Tait

OnTheWarpath15 09-12-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Priest Holmes - yep

Trent Green - he didn't really play before coming here, we'll see if he's as good after leaving, incomplete

Marcus Allen - no ****ing way, he was a Super Bowl MVP in Oakland, he was a cog in a committe here

Willie Roaf - made the pro-bowl 8 or 9 years in a row before coming to KC. Nope, sorry.

Ryan Lilja.

crazycoffey 09-12-2007 12:11 PM

Quote:

Priest Holmes - yep

no to marcus and willie? they both went to the pro bowl wearing red and gold too....

HemiEd 09-12-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Justin Medlock missed a FG, which cost the Chiefs points.

Eddie Drummond fumbled a kickoff, and also cost the Chiefs points.

Which one is a free agent band-aid? And which one is still on the team?

:hmmm:

That is another one that pisses me off. Why wasn't Drummond cut and Phinesee (sp?) recalled?

Deberg_1990 09-12-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Not true. He had a good season in 1998 with the Redskins.

Deberg_1990 09-12-2007 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
That is another one that pisses me off. Why wasn't Drummond cut and Phinesee (sp?) recalled?

Because the Chiefs are not fully committed to a youth movement. typical of Carl, they foolishly believe they are only a player or two away.

Sure-Oz 09-12-2007 12:29 PM

I think Drummond is a solid returner and only 27, you need a few vet's sprinkled in imo.

htismaqe 09-12-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey
no to marcus and willie? they both went to the pro bowl wearing red and gold too....

I'd say Willie is a push. He was great before he came here, but he didn't drop off when he came here - he was still great.

So scratch him off BOTH lists.

And like I said, Marcus was a good player here, but nowhere NEAR the gamebreaker he was in Oakland.

htismaqe 09-12-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
I think Drummond is a solid returner and only 27, you need a few vet's sprinkled in imo.

He directly cost the Chiefs the same number of points Medlock did with his missed FG.

It's a double-standard...

HemiEd 09-12-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Because the Chiefs are not fully committed to a youth movement. typical of Carl, they foolishly believe they are only a player or two away.

I fully understand that, I really do. But Phinesee (sp?) clearly showed some fantastic talent. I don't think he fumbled once, did he? If Herm wanted to send a message to the rest of the team, that would have been the most logical to me. But we gotta remember his ego.

HemiEd 09-12-2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

And like I said, Marcus was a good player here, but nowhere NEAR the gamebreaker he was in Oakland.

No question Marcus was on the backside of his career when he got here, similar to Montana.

Sure-Oz 09-12-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

He directly cost the Chiefs the same number of points Medlock did with his missed FG.

It's a double-standard...

So just based on the chiefs cutting medlock we should've cut Drummond as well? I think people would be pissed off as well if that happend, just to go along with Medlock. I agree with what you are saying, but i'd prefer them both here now. wtf can you do with Carl though

lancer348 09-12-2007 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
No question Marcus was on the backside of his career when he got here, similar to Montana.

No arguments there, but it wasn't like they were scrubs while they played here.

htismaqe 09-12-2007 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
So just based on the chiefs cutting medlock we should've cut Drummond as well? I think people would be pissed off as well if that happend, just to go along with Medlock. I agree with what you are saying, but i'd prefer them both here now. wtf can you do with Carl though

Why did we need Drummond in the first place?

Phinisee did just fine in camp, and also played very well at CB. Seems to me that it makes sense to keep a player that can play multiple backup positions, rather than waste a roster spot on a specialist...

Ultra Peanut 09-12-2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Vonnie belongs on the first list more than the second.

GarySpFc 09-12-2007 01:19 PM

ChicagoSports.com - Sippio's Jump

ChicagoSports.com
Sippio's jump

Bobby Sippio has gone from being one of the biggest fish in the Arena League pond to being a very small minnow in the NFL.

But at least he is in the NFL. The Chiefs signed the former Rush wide receiver two weeks into training camp and liked what they saw enough to keep on their practice squad.

"It's a blessing to be here," Sippio says. "I couldn't ask to be in a better place with a better organization. Just like Chicago, it feels like home to me."

Joining the Chiefs has required Sippio to make some concessions. He is making the minimum practice-squad salary of $79,900. Previously, he had reached an oral agreement with the Rush that would have paid him $135,000 in 2008 and made him the second or third highest-paid player in the Arena League. Even if Sippio is promoted at some point to the Chiefs' 53-man roster, it's likely he will earn no more than a prorated portion of the NFL's rookie minimum of $285,000.

"It had me thinking," Sippio said. "I made a sacrifice. I'm not looking at it as being on the practice squad a long time. ... I look forward to getting off it soon, learning the plays and being a part of the team."

Sippio is making a physical sacrifice as well as a financial one. He began training camp with the Rush in January and the Arena League season went until July 14. He signed with the Chiefs 30 days later after having caught 125 passes for 1,735 yards and 53 touchdowns.

"My body aches, dude," he said. "You can tell I've been in season. It's a nonstop toll on your body. I get in the ice tub as much as I can. I work out as much as I can. And the mental part, not having a break since January. But I can't complain. This is my dream, my goal and I just have to go with the flow."

Whether or not Sippio ever makes the roster will depend in part on his ability to pick up the system without the benefit of an off-season in the program or a full training camp.

Chiefs coach Herm Edwards says he has been very impressed with Sippio's hands, but said, "It's just a matter of if he can learn what we want him to learn. He's behind the eight ball. He has no idea of the system."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....5992797.column

FringeNC 09-12-2007 01:22 PM

Quote:

I'd say Willie is a push. He was great before he came here, but he didn't drop off when he came here - he was still great.

Come on -- Our offensive staff rejuvenated Roaf's career here -- he was worth way more than a 3rd round pick we gave for him.

keg in kc 09-12-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC
Come on -- Our offensive staff rejuvenated Roaf's career here -- he was worth way more than a 3rd round pick we gave for him.

I think you have that backwards. Roaf made our offensive staff's careers.

FringeNC 09-12-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
I think you have that backwards. Roaf made our offensive staff's careers.

Well, then at least they were smart enough to acquire him. We got him for nothing.

htismaqe 09-12-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
Vonnie belongs on the first list more than the second.

He's been far more productive in Miami (as a DT) than in Green Bay.

htismaqe 09-12-2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC

He had a catastrophic leg injury and there was some question as to whether he could play anymore.

The coaching staff didn't rejuvenate anything. They took a calculated risk that he would return to health and it paid off.

crazycoffey 09-12-2007 02:03 PM

Quote:

Fuel for your fire, I know. But Marcus was the reason I really became a chiefs fan....

morphius 09-12-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Why did we need Drummond in the first place?

Phinisee did just fine in camp, and also played very well at CB. Seems to me that it makes sense to keep a player that can play multiple backup positions, rather than waste a roster spot on a specialist...

It seemed that Phinisee came into camp last on the list of about 4 returners, with Webb getting injured he moved up a bit and played better then anyone. But because we had him rated down so early we didn't want to use him when some Vet with "probowl" became available. That is the only "logic" that I could come up with. I could understand it if Drummond could actually play a position, but so far I'm not even sure that I have seen him take a snap at WR.

TLO 06-13-2018 12:49 PM

Anyone ever hear what happened to this dude? Wasn't he charged with attempted murder a while back?

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13591597)
Anyone ever hear what happened to this dude? Wasn't he charged with attempted murder a while back?

I tried to look but it's like he dropped off of the face of the earth after he was charged.

A basic search found me nothing about his current status. I don't know if he was convicted, acquitted, or what.