ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How did Croyle look? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174310)

KC Jones 11-11-2007 07:11 PM

How did Croyle look?

I didn't get to see the game, other than a few seconds in a hotel lobby. I saw that Croyle was in and I saw 2 plays. So how did the kid look?

dshyne101 11-11-2007 07:13 PM

he looked good he seemed 2 be very comfortable behind that bad ass oline we have. he threw the ball much better than damon he all around just did better than damon.

Simplex3 11-11-2007 07:13 PM

Like he hasn't been playing and didn't get any snaps in practice. He still wasn't any worse than Horrid.

siberian khatru 11-11-2007 07:14 PM

I thought he showed good poise and he got rid of the ball quickly. When the protection breaks down, he can backpedal and throw a strike. That avoided sacks and kept at least one drive alive more than once.

One of the biggest problems, it seemed, was he hasn't established rapport with the receivers yet. They need to get to know him better in game situations.

I'd maybe give him a C.

NUMBER7 11-11-2007 07:14 PM

17/30 162 yards, 5.4 yards average, 1 int no TDs

Pablo 11-11-2007 07:16 PM

Better than Huard.

He had a few wild throws, one that turned into an INT, but he distributed the ball pretty evenly and Bowe picked the wrong time to drop a ball in the EZ.
He looked like a QB that doesn't get much gametime, but has great potential and quick decision making coupled with a strong, fairly accurate arm.

He looked like he shouldn't have been sitting on a bench all season.

blueballs 11-11-2007 07:17 PM

They had no shots in the stands of her

BigMeatballDave 11-11-2007 07:18 PM

It was nice to see a Chiefs QB throw a dump-off that was actually on target.

Deberg_1990 11-11-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones
So how did the kid look?

Blonde hair, kinda ruggish 70's throwback cut.

About 6' 2" tall, kinda skinny.

The chicks will dig him.

NUMBER7 11-11-2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs
They had no shots in the stands of her

I was just sitting down to watch the video from today...no longer needed now...Thanks.

Coach 11-11-2007 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
I thought he showed good poise and he got rid of the ball quickly. When the protection breaks down, he can backpedal and throw a strike. That avoided sacks and kept at least one drive alive more than once.

One of the biggest problems, it seemed, was he hasn't established rapport with the receivers yet. They need to get to know him better in game situations.

I'd maybe give him a C.

Sure, and I can understand that becuase of the lack of practice time with them, combined with gameday experience. I do expect that to be improved as the season goes on, provided if he gets to start here on out.

RustShack 11-11-2007 07:20 PM

He looked pretty good compared to Huard. He should only improve, especially after he gets a chemistry built with his line, rb's, and wr's.

Hammock Parties 11-11-2007 07:20 PM

His arm made a noticeable difference. He made some impressive sideline throws off his back foot.

Coach 11-11-2007 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NUMBER7

And the numbers could be misleading. The offense looked completely different, in a good way, when he came in. See Jacksonville game and the Chicago game for examples.

Otter 11-11-2007 07:20 PM

Tough to tell till there's a whole game to evaluate him but the arm strength is night and day compared to Huard. He's better than Huard, that I'm confident.

Deberg_1990 11-11-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

Ironically, Huard had a 5.5 YPC avg. :)

RustShack 11-11-2007 07:22 PM

His screen to Priest was pretty sick, something Huard could of never done. Huard woulda been sacked on that play for sure.

blueballs 11-11-2007 07:22 PM

Indy is baptism by fire

siberian khatru 11-11-2007 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack
His screen to Priest was pretty sick, something Huard could of never done. Huard woulda been sacked on that play for sure.

Yeah, I remember that play. That was outstanding.

kstater 11-11-2007 07:23 PM

He threw a bunch of wobbly ducks.

NUMBER7 11-11-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach
And the numbers could be misleading. The offense looked completely different, in a good way, when he came in. See Jacksonville game and the Chicago game for examples.

Coach, I agree, I do not care about numbers...show me some scoring. I guess I was so built up to see the kid I was hoping he was the second coming of Brett Favre like so many on this board have said. I hope if he does start next week they adjust the system to his strengths.

Easy 6 11-11-2007 07:28 PM

He had a dozen or more passes that Huard could only pull of on XBOX.

The tempo COMPLETELY changed with him in there, he tends to rely on his arm a bit too much with the back foot throws...but he also showed us ALL of the things we've been missing...mobility, a GREAT quick release & an ability to hit any spot on the field from anywhere on the field.

The entire O looked different, it gave the D a lift for awhile to.

This is the Point of no Return.

KC Jones 11-11-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

I guess I was so built up to see the kid I was hoping he was the second coming of Brett Favre like so many on this board have said. I hope if he does start next week they adjust the system to his strengths.

Well, in Favre first action he was 0 - 4 w/ 2 INTs and 0 TDs.

Seriously, if you want to develop a young QB you need to give him time and let him make some stupid mistakes.

KcMizzou 11-11-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free
He had a dozen or more passes that Huard could only pull of on XBOX.

The tempo COMPLETELY changed with him in there, he tends to rely on his arm a bit too much with the back foot throws...but he also showed us ALL of the things we've been missing...mobility, a GREAT quick release & an ability to hit any spot on the field from anywhere on the field.

The entire O looked different, it gave the D a lift for awhile to.

This is the Point of no Return.

Yeah... Croyle looked sharp. Throwing darts...

He was excellent on the short passes. He sucked on the long passes toward the end of the game, because Denver knew we had to throw them.

He threaded the needle several times though...

There's no excuse to run Huard back out there now.

RustShack 11-11-2007 07:43 PM

His touch will come, and the WR's will get used to how he throws it. Remember, they are used to Huards puss balls, now the are catching the opposite. They arn't used to the ball being in easy to catch places either.

Garcia Bronco 11-11-2007 07:44 PM

I thought he did alright...he was hitting the back short on more than a few, but those are good low risk throws.

Easy 6 11-11-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou

There's no excuse to run Huard back out there now.

They wouldnt DARE...would they???

NUMBER7 11-11-2007 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones
Well, in Favre first action he was 0 - 4 w/ 2 INTs and 0 TDs.

Seriously, if you want to develop a young QB you need to give him time and let him make some stupid mistakes.

You are absolutely correct. I was hoping he was going to step it up today. The problem is many fold...most of it lies at the system the Chef's are running. Solari has to go...and the Germ needs to grow a pair and learn clock management. We need to have a solid draft and hope Croyle does not go the way of Blackledge.

siberian khatru 11-11-2007 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco
I thought he did alright...he was hitting the back short on more than a few, but those are good low risk throws.

Compare him to Cutler. What do you think? Similar?

FAX 11-11-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Coach, I agree, I do not care about numbers...show me some scoring. I guess I was so built up to see the kid I was hoping he was the second coming of Brett Favre like so many on this board have said. I hope if he does start next week they adjust the system to his strengths.

I was sure pulling for him. It was good to see him move the chains. Lenny said that a couple of the passes could have been caught ... I think he was referring to the pass to Bowe and maybe one to Webb.

One of the interesting aspects of all this is (assuming that Croyle actually does start) whether or not the playcalling will change a little. Theoretically, we could open up the offense a bit more with a stronger arm behind center. We could also, perhaps, call a roll-out or two to help the oline with protection.

FAX

Sure-Oz 11-11-2007 07:51 PM

Quote:

Bowe dropped a sure handed TD, that was a beauty of a pass from Croyle.

NUMBER7 11-11-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Compare him to Cutler. What do you think? Similar?

I would have taken the 2 touchdowns today.

Cutler's regular-season debut was a 23-20 home loss to the Seattle Seahawks on a frigid night on December 3. Cutler completed 10 of 21 passes for 143 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions, one returned by Darryl Tapp for a touchdown. Cutler gained some redemption in the fourth quarter with a 71-yard TD pass to Brandon Marshall, also a rookie, which tied the game 20-20. However Cutler did not get the chance to complete the comeback as the Seahawks would kick the game-winning field goal in the game's final seconds. (Wikipedia)

Coach 11-11-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz

He could had dived for it....

Sure-Oz 11-11-2007 07:52 PM

btw-jeff webb needs to be cut, put in a guy that can CATCH

dj56dt58 11-11-2007 07:52 PM

I think he has the tools to be one of the best QBs in the league in 5-6 yrs...if we let him

L.A. Chieffan 11-11-2007 07:53 PM

Cutler sucks, but my Dad says he's gonna be good one day.

Sure-Oz 11-11-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

He could had dived for it....

That pass was off his hands, ridiculous

KC Jones 11-11-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

So his amended stats are:

17*/30 162* yards, 5.4* yards average, 1 int 0* TDs

:D

After seeing the score I'm kinda glad I missed it. Having not seen the game I'm not feeling as bummed as I usually do after a loss.

Bob Dole 11-11-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

If you ignore that whole "out of Bowe's reach" detail, it sure was.

NUMBER7 11-11-2007 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole

ROFL Classic.

RustShack 11-11-2007 07:55 PM

Now we just need some BOBBY SIPPIO!

Buehler445 11-11-2007 07:55 PM

I had to be on a plane when the game was on. Damn it. I can't believe we got smoked by a bad team in arrowhead.

I'm glad to hear Brodie got PT though. Hopefully Huard never sees the field again. I'm glad to hear that he did better than Huard. Herm should have absolutely no reason to bail on the kid now.

NUMBER7 11-11-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

Now we just need some BOBBY SIPPIO!

Yeah Baby! EK is hurt again it is time to get someone who can spread the defense on a deep route.

jjjayb 11-11-2007 07:59 PM

Things he did that Huard can't seem to do:

1. Moved to avoid pressure rather than diving to the ground.

2. Looked at more than one receiver.

3. Looked off defenders.

4. Pump faked.

5. Threw deep.

6. Found the open guy because of number 2.

Things Huard did that Croyle can't.

Ummm, I'm at a loss here. Can't think of anything.

Pablo 11-11-2007 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjayb

Assume the fetal position with amazing consistency.

KcMizzou 11-11-2007 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan
Cutler sucks, but my Dad says he's gonna be good one day.

LMAO

KC2004 11-11-2007 08:01 PM

Quote:

3. Looked off defenders.

4. Pump faked.

5. Threw deep.

Pretty much it. I'm gonna use the curse word "Rebuilding" now!

Sure-Oz 11-11-2007 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole

Either im blind but it seemed lik Bowe couldve caught it in the endzone in the corner. I was at the game, i never did catch teh replay and it seemed other fans there thought he could've caught it.

cdcox 11-11-2007 08:05 PM

Better than Peyton Manning.

Pablo 11-11-2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Either im blind but it seemed lik Bowe couldve caught it in the endzone in the corner. I was at the game, i never did catch teh replay and it seemed other fans there thought he could've caught it.

He could have. Off his fingertips..

Coach 11-11-2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoRox88
He could have. Off his fingertips..

Thus why I said he could had dived for it.

siberian khatru 11-11-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

It was off his fingertips. If he had laid out for it, he could've got more hand on it but it would've been a spectacular, extremely difficult catch.

I would never say that he "dropped it."

Pablo 11-11-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox
Better than Peyton Manning.

He speaks the truth..at least for the first quarter of tonight's game.

Sure-Oz 11-11-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

It was off his fingertips. If he had laid out for it, he could've got more hand on it but it would've been a spectacular, extremely difficult catch.

Ok, my bad if it was a hard catch, in normal speed from the club seats it looked catchable. I'll give Bowe slack then, i thought he just missed it.

Pablo 11-11-2007 08:10 PM

Quote:

Ok, my bad if it was a hard catch, in normal speed from the club seats it looked catchable. I'll give Bowe slack then, i thought he just missed it.

It would have been a difficult catch, but a reciever of his caliber could have made the catch. I guess he was used to catching wobble-turds dropped out of the sky like burlap sacks full of rice instead of playable balls.

The Brodie to Bowe connection could be dangerous if we get an OC that likes to switch things up every now and then.

siberian khatru 11-11-2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

The Brodie to Bowe connection could be dangerous if we get an OC that likes to switch things up every now and then.

Watch what happens if Bowe has a QB who can hit him in stride. He'll be TO.

RustShack 11-11-2007 08:11 PM

If you want to talk about someone who can't catch, talk about Kris Wilson.

Coach 11-11-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Or who can't hold on to the football. God, that fumble still makes me upset.

Wasn't he one of the receivers who fumbled it during the Bears game as well, when Croyle came in, or am I thinking it was someone else?

Pablo 11-11-2007 08:13 PM

Quote:

Watch what happens if Bowe has a QB who can hit him in stride. He'll be TO.

Hopefully he'll be the version of T.O. that shuts the fuck up and does his job, instead of being a primadonna crybaby. I hate that guy, but he is a very good reciever.

KC Jones 11-11-2007 08:19 PM

Quote:

The Wilson fumble was one of the two plays I saw. I think the other was Priest dragging someone for 5 yards for a 1 yard gain.

StcChief 11-11-2007 08:27 PM

Quote:

agreed it was nite and day different....

we watched without sound and it was like who is the kid moving the football... very impressive and why did it take this long.

I predicated week 8.

movinbones 11-11-2007 08:28 PM

Quote:

Assume the fetal position with amazing consistency.

ROFL

Garcia Bronco 11-11-2007 08:33 PM

I think you saw two potential great receivers in Bowe and Marshall. They're huge.

trndobrd 11-11-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

3. Looked off defenders.

4. Pump faked.

5. Threw deep.

Huard doesn't overthrow receivers on deep routes.

Iowanian 11-11-2007 08:35 PM

He looked like a young QB with a great arm, who is making some mistakes and doesn't have himself quite in sync with the WRs.

He throws a pretty ball...made some nice throws, and didn't look to be throwing into triple coverage, actually made a pump fake and looked off the safety a time or two....

I'm not convinced he's great, but given the alternative, I'll be happy to watch a young QB struggle with at least the potential to improve vs a 34 year old never was throwing ducks.

Let the Kids play......all of them.

Pablo 11-11-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd
Huard doesn't overthrow receivers on deep routes.

This is true..if Huard attempts a pass over 35 yards, him arm self-destructs and explodes into a dust cloud.

headsnap 11-11-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Bowe ain't no Snoop Minnis... :)

chop 11-11-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

I listened to the game on the internet and Len Dawson said that Bowe should have caught the pass.

Megbert 11-11-2007 08:42 PM

Be nice to see what he can do when they can still run the ball. Or at least threaten with the run. That one screen pass to Priest was something of beauty. So was the pass to I think Webb on the sideline.

His passes definitely have more zip.

Needs to work on touch especially in the 'red zone'. Couple of those passes to TG that were batted down wouldn't have been if they had more air under them.

Threw off his back foot here and there which isn't good but he has the arm strength to at least get it close to the receiver.

FAX 11-11-2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chop
I listened to the game on the internet and Len Dawson said that Bowe should have caught the pass.

Exactly. Lenny said that Bowe should have had it. He also said that he was planning on flogging Solari senseless with his own wiener after the game.

FAX

Pablo 11-11-2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chop

Bowe and Tony G are the only two recievers on our offense that would have had a chance, that being said, I agree with Len. Big time players make big plays at big moments.

If you can touch it, you can catch it.

Megbert 11-11-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Exactly. Lenny said that Bowe should have had it. He also said that he was planning on flogging Solari senseless with his own wiener after the game.

FAX

Dear gawd what an awful image. Lil Lenny sez stay down bitch!!!!!

blueballs 11-11-2007 08:55 PM

links at the top for more detail
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271111012

morphius 11-11-2007 09:02 PM

I think he has to work on his touch and allowing some of the guys to go up and make catches, but it sure was a lot more fun to watch when he came in.

Megbert 11-11-2007 09:20 PM

Looked better than either St. Eli or St. Peyton - so far.

GarySpFc 11-11-2007 10:02 PM

A friend said Denver was in a prevent defense the whole time Brodie was in the game. I don't believe that for a second. Your thoughts?

gta0012 11-11-2007 10:04 PM

IMO we won't be able to judge croyle till he plays a full game. I think he showed promise. Made a couple rookie-like mistakes though. We will see in time.

Megbert 11-11-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarySpFc
A friend said Denver was in a prevent defense the whole time Brodie was in the game. I don't believe that for a second. Your thoughts?

Either it was the O line or Denver sure blitzes quite a bit in prevent.

Extra Point 11-11-2007 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Like he hasn't been playing and didn't get any snaps in practice. He still wasn't any worse than Horrid.

He wasn't any better, either.

Coach 11-11-2007 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Point
He wasn't any better, either.

But the potentional is there, unlike Huard.