ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   *********Official OSU vs LSU Thread************* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=178248)

El Jefe 01-07-2008 11:17 AM

*********Official OSU vs LSU Thread*************

My first *****Official Thread*****, for the big game tonight. Care to weigh in and tell us your opinion on whats going to happen. My prediction is LSU is going to see a mean,fast and hard hitting OSU defense foaming at the mouth, ready to get rid of that debacle last year. LSU will see a heavy dose of Beanie Wells, and when they load the box look for Boeckman to make enough plays to keep them honest, boeckman has a big arm and big targets, in Ro-bo, Hartline, and the next Ted Ginn Jr, Ray Small. I am stoked for this game. Stryker maybe we should do Sig bets, to make this game fun.

My prediction:

OSU 31
LSU 17

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure-Oz 01-07-2008 11:18 AM

GO I DON'T CARE!!!!!

Chief Pote 01-07-2008 11:19 AM

Oh yeah....Go Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonzo 01-07-2008 11:19 AM

You used too many of these thingys: ******************************

El Jefe 01-07-2008 11:19 AM

Come on it's the National Championship Game, get in the Spirit!!!!!!!!

El Jefe 01-07-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo

I know LMAO.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 11:19 AM

I don't have a strong opinion of who's going to win this game.

Sure-Oz 01-07-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsfanGoLJ
Come on it's the National Championship Game, get in the Spirit!!!!!!!!

I'll be watching the game tonight at my gf's parents on their 60" HDTV but i have a feeling FOX will suck at the broadcast and these 2 teams really don't interest me, hopefully they'll make it entertaining.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 11:20 AM

Oh, wait, yes I do. :D

Skip Towne 01-07-2008 11:20 AM

:ZZZ:

Sure-Oz 01-07-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo

That's how many asterisks they are going to put on Clemens records.

Chief Pote 01-07-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

My first *****Official Thread*****, for the big game tonight. Care to weigh in and tell us your opinion on whats going to happen. My prediction is LSU is going to see a mean,fast and hard hitting OSU defense foaming at the mouth, ready to get rid of that debacle last year. LSU will see a heavy dose of Beanie Wells, and when they load the box look for Boeckman to make enough plays to keep them honest, boeckman has a big arm and big targets, in Ro-bo, Hartline, and the next Ted Ginn Jr, Ray Small. I am stoked for this game. Stryker maybe we should do Sig bets, to make this game fun.

My prediction:

OSU 31
LSU 17

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bucks have plenty to prove. I would say they are pissed and ready to play ball. I only hope for a good game. I think it's going to be closer;

OSU 24

LSU 21

Gonzo 01-07-2008 11:22 AM

**************************************************************************************************** **************************************************************************************************** **************************************************************************************************** **************************************************************************************************** **************************************************************************************************** **********************************************************************The Official Asterisk post************************************************************************************************ **************************************************************************************************** **************************************************************************************************** *******************************************

Chief Pote 01-07-2008 11:23 AM

Don't **** up the Buckeyes thread........bunch of children.

FAX 01-07-2008 11:24 AM

The BCS has screwed things up so badly, one has to wonder what the ratings will be like for this game.

This contest feels like an afterthought, to me.

FAX

El Jefe 01-07-2008 11:25 AM

Dont hi-jack the National Championship thread.

Chief Pote 01-07-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
The BCS has screwed things up so badly, one has to wonder what the ratings will be like for this game.

FAX

They'll be high in Ohio...... :p

Chief Pote 01-07-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Dont hi-jack the National Championship thread.

:bravo:

El Jefe 01-07-2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX

FAX

It's the National Championship, it's like the Superbowl, people watch even if they aren't huge fans of either team. It's gay that LSU got home field advantage.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefPote

I'm sure the ratings will be fine in Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee as well. ;)

El Jefe 01-07-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefPote

Yea thats the spirit.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

It's gay that LSU got home field advantage.

Will that be the excuse this year?

El Jefe 01-07-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP
Will that be the excuse this year?

Why would we need an excuse when we win?

Stryker 01-07-2008 11:30 AM

LSU 35
OSU 21

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Why would we need an excuse when we win?

You're right, LSU doesn't have a chance.

StcChief 01-07-2008 11:33 AM

Sugar Bowl in NO
now this with LSU 90 miles away.

this is wrong.

NO needs to be washed out to sea.

Simply Red 01-07-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
GO I DON'T CARE!!!!!

Stryker 01-07-2008 11:38 AM

Sig bets?

Count me in! Name it.

I am COMPLETELY confident LSU will win this game.

Our defense is very good and I believe that LSU is going to get some turnovers. Throw in Matt Flynn and Ryan Perrilloux - recipe for VICTORY!

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker
Sig bets?

Count me in! Name it.

I am COMPLETELY confident LSU will win this game.

Our defense is very good and I believe that LSU is going to get some turnovers. Through in Matt Flynn and Ryan Perrilloux - recipe for VICTORY!

Don't you know that the Big Ten is unbeatable and that OSU always dominates the SEC in bowl games?

On a serious note, I hope more Flynn and less Perrilloux. Ryan commits dumb turnovers.

El Jefe 01-07-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

You're right, LSU doesn't have a chance.

Well I wont listen to your opinions because you said it was "Impossible" for you to lose to Michigan, how did that game turn out?

El Jefe 01-07-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Don't you know that the Big Ten is unbeatable and that OSU always dominates the SEC in bowl games?

On a serious note, I hope more Flynn and less Perrilloux. Ryan commits dumb turnovers.

No you are the one who always says Big 10 is overrated and the Big 10 is so slow and cant run with SEC speed, well Michigan seemed to handle Urban Crier's speed. Harvin was gasping for air like a girl in the 4th quarter.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

No you are the one who always says Big 10 is overrated and the Big 10 is so slow and cant run with SEC speed, well Michigan seemed to handle Urban Crier's speed. Harvin was gasping for air like a girl in the 4th quarter.

I guess he'd be a better player if he spent the entire game on his knees like Troy Smith.

El Jefe 01-07-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

I guess he'd be a better player if he spent the entire game on his knees like Troy Smith.

Thats so sad. Florida got beat by a team who wasnt even ranked and all you keep doing is yapping about how bad the buckeyes are, and Florida is the one who lost a game that was embarrassing. Michigan even had 4 turnovers and you still couldn't win LMAO.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Thats so sad. Florida got beat by a team who wasnt even ranked and all you keep doing is yapping about how bad the buckeyes are, and Florida is the one who lost a game that was embarrassing. Michigan even had 4 turnovers and you still couldn't win LMAO.

Yep, we got beat soundly by Michigan. How does that have anything to do with OSU never beating a SEC team in a bowl game? That streak should extend to 0-9 after tonight.

El Jefe 01-07-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Yep, we got beat soundly by Michigan. How does that have anything to do with OSU never beating a SEC team in a bowl game? That streak should extend to 0-9 after tonight.

It has to do with you jumping in the thread and talking about how OSU sucks when your team got beat by an unranked team. You always are yapping but when the chips dont fall your way and you loose, then it's back to bashing some other team.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

It has to do with you jumping in the thread and talking about how OSU sucks when your team got beat by an unranked team. You always are yapping but when the chips dont fall your way and you loose, then it's back to bashing some other team.

Please point out where I stated that OSU "sucks".

I talk because I can and when my team loses I don't run and hide. None of that has anything to do with tonight's game, however.

Bump 01-07-2008 12:20 PM

I won't be watching.

Bearcat 01-07-2008 12:26 PM

I wouldn't normally think the media could have an effect on the game outside of motivation, but with so much talk about speed and the two conferences, I wonder how the players and/or coaches on OSU are going to react on the field. I mean, last year was similar since everyone though Florida would get blown out, but in the end, it was just Florida playing Urban Meyer football.

It seems to be so much more magnified this year, obviously going back to last year's blow out. They obviously aren't going to do anything drastic, but I wonder if they'll take more chances than usual and not "win with what got you there"... blitz more, get away from the run game, special special team plays, etc.

If not, I think it'll be a grind-it-out chess match in the first half... LSU will hang on in the second half to win 42-10.

(Okay, let's make it 23-17) :p

Chief Henry 01-07-2008 12:28 PM

Iowa by 3

smittysbar 01-07-2008 12:46 PM

Spread is LSU -3 1/2
O/U 47

This is a tough one to pick. What do some of you others think? (that isn't in love with one of these teams)

Bob Dole 01-07-2008 12:48 PM

Going to have to go for the local favorite.

Geaux Tigers.

El Jefe 01-07-2008 12:53 PM

Buckeyes are gonna come out with passion equivalent to the OSU VS Miami National Championship in 02, they are gonna be ready to knock some people out. They are tired of hearing about last year and all that SEC speed, so they are gonna be ready.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Buckeyes are gonna come out with passion equivalent to the OSU VS Miami National Championship in 02, they are gonna be ready to knock some people out. They are tired of hearing about last year and all that SEC speed, so they are gonna be ready.

Ok.

Sure-Oz 01-07-2008 12:55 PM

I heard Tebow xfered to LSU for this game

Pushead2 01-07-2008 12:57 PM

I see the Buckeyes becoming the Atlanta Braves of college football....

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

I heard Tebow xfered to LSU for this game

I heard Tony Romo's playing!

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2
I see the Buckeyes becoming the Atlanta Braves of college football....

Buffalo Bills

Sure-Oz 01-07-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

I heard Tony Romo's playing!

Eddie Kennison is starting at WR for LSU and so is Bowe. Also a gimpy Terry Glenn is going to brave it out for the buckeyes, thats school spirit!

Chiefnj2 01-07-2008 12:59 PM

LSU should win. Then again, I thought VT and Oklahoma were going to win.

Pushead2 01-07-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Buffalo Bills

They won 2002. So they would be like the Braves.....

El Jefe 01-07-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Buffalo Bills

Your and idiot, we won the Championship in 02.

Pushead2 01-07-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

I only know this because I am a UM fan :(

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Yes, but that was against the ACC (or at the time, Big East?). You can't beat the SEC.

Pushead2 01-07-2008 01:24 PM

Now boys do we need a timeout??

El Jefe 01-07-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2
Now boys do we need a timeout??

Dak is just sad that the all mighty Gators couldn't beat a lowly Big 10 team, he needs to change his tampon, and suck it up.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Dak is just sad that the all mighty Gators couldn't beat a lowly Big 10 team, he needs to change his tampon, and suck it up.

0-8.

El Jefe 01-07-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Yes, but that was against the ACC (or at the time, Big East?). You can't beat the SEC.

For your info it was Miami, and they had already started printing the back-back National Champion shirts, too bad we had to spoil the fun. We beat them when they had Winslow, Mcgahee, and Sean Taylor R.I.P.

El Jefe 01-07-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

0-8.

Is that suppose to make me mad, because it doesn't.

Bearcat 01-07-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

It is funny to see how people say it's impossible for a team to win a certain game, regardless of how many other upsets there are during the season. That game was a total shocker.

OSU has the same chance as Florida did last year when everyone thought they would lose big, and Kansas in the Orange Bowl... heck, before Michigan beat Florida it was "the Big 10 can't beat the SEC," so now it's "um, no, we guess it's just OSU who can't beat the SEC". And before Kansas/VTech, it was "oh, that great VTech D" and now it's "the ACC sucks".

Some seem to have a hard time adjusting to the parity.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

For your info it was Miami, and they had already started printing the back-back National Champion shirts, too bad we had to spoil the fun. We beat them when they had Winslow, Mcgahee, and Sean Taylor R.I.P.

Yes, I watched the game. That was nice. So what? You still haven't beaten an SEC team in a bowl game.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Is that suppose to make me mad, because it doesn't.

41-14

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat
It is funny to see how people say it's impossible for a team to win a certain game, regardless of how many other upsets there are during the season. That game was a total shocker.

OSU has the same chance as Florida did last year when everyone thought they would lose big, and Kansas in the Orange Bowl... heck, before Michigan beat Florida it was "the Big 10 can't beat the SEC," so now it's "um, no, we guess it's just OSU who can't beat the SEC". And before Kansas/VTech, it was "oh, that great VTech D" and now it's "the ACC sucks".

Some seem to have a hard time adjusting to the parity.

The difference being, of course, that Michigan had beaten a SEC team in a bowl game before. OSU hasn't. ;)

Frazod 01-07-2008 01:34 PM

Ohio State - the only team less deserving of a BCS bid than Kansas. After cruising through a cupcake schedule, at least Kansas lost to good team at a neutral site. OSU had the cupcakes and then lost to a marginally good team at home. Posted the same result during on championship Saturday, too - they didn't play. :rolleyes:

These clowns in the national title game is a sick joke. Go LSU.

Sure-Oz 01-07-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Ohio State - the only team less deserving of a BCS bid than Kansas. After cruising through a cupcake schedule, at least Kansas lost to good team at a neutral site. OSU had the cupcakes and then lost to a marginally good team at home. Posted the same result during on championship Saturday, too - they didn't play. :rolleyes:

Exactly, go LSU as well

Pushead2 01-07-2008 01:39 PM

I really want to say go OSU but that is against everything I stand for....

El Jefe 01-07-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Go eat something tubby.

Bearcat 01-07-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

The difference being, of course, that Michigan had beaten a SEC team in a bowl game before. OSU hasn't. ;)

How many players/coaches on this OSU team are responsible for any of the previous 8 losses? The returning starters from last year are 0-1. I really don't know when their last SEC loss was in a bowl game before last year.

See what you've made me do? I'm defending Ohio State. I hope you're happy. :harumph:

Frazod 01-07-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Go eat something tubby.

Got any cupcakes left, bitch?

Pushead2 01-07-2008 01:45 PM

mmmmm cupcakes.

Bearcat 01-07-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Deserving to be there is another question, and I agree..... they floated to the top, lost, and then got into the championship game by default.

I don't know if they deserved it less than Kansas though. :Poke:

Sure-Oz 01-07-2008 01:49 PM

Should WV be the real #1, they absolutely dominated, they probably could route these two teams.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Should WV be the real #1, they absolutely dominated, they probably could route these two teams.

I don't know, ask Pittsburgh.

eazyb81 01-07-2008 01:58 PM

Everyone wants to point to that one game last year as certifiable proof that OSU is overrated. Granted, Florida was certainly the better team, but sometimes teams just don't match up well with their opponents. Personally, I don't see a ton of similarities between LSU and last year's Florida team other than that they both play in the SEC.

OSU has the best defensive talent in the country, better than LSU. My prediction: not only does OSU cover the spread, but they win outright.

El Jefe 01-07-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Got any cupcakes left, bitch?

Thats the last thing you need, how about a slimfast?

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Thats the last thing you need, how about a slimfast?

You can only find fast in the SEC.

El Jefe 01-07-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

You can only find fast in the SEC.

Yeah I guess Teddy Gin was just so slow. :rolleyes:

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Yeah I guess Teddy Gin was just so slow. :rolleyes:

Fragile.

El Jefe 01-07-2008 02:33 PM

Yeah that SEC speed ALMOST caught him on that Kick return, on the first play.

El Jefe 01-07-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Fragile.

Care to elaborate, he wasn't injured in college besides that one game, so fragile......No

El Jefe 01-07-2008 02:57 PM

Bump for the sake of it being the National Championship game.