ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2008 NBA Draft Lottery (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184967)

Basileus777 05-20-2008 05:57 PM

2008 NBA Draft Lottery

Anyone else watching it?

Jay-Z is going to bring Beasley to Jersey. :drool:

Marco Polo 05-20-2008 05:59 PM

I'm not a big NBA fan, though I am rooting for a Spurs-Celtics matchup in the finals. At any rate, I think it would be kinda cool if Beasley goes to South Beach and help out D-Wade.

Spicy McHaggis 05-20-2008 06:00 PM

Thanks for the heads up. See what the Bulls get. Oh and **** D'Antoni.

Marco Polo 05-20-2008 06:05 PM

What's wrong with D'Antoni?

ChiefsCountry 05-20-2008 06:05 PM

Hope the Kings get up there.

Basileus777 05-20-2008 06:10 PM

Margie's husband better look out... D-Wade likes them older women, or so i hear http://www.realgm.com/boards/images/.../icon_wink.gif

Basileus777 05-20-2008 06:20 PM

Oh shit, the Bulls...

Spott 05-20-2008 06:25 PM

Oh hell yeah. Go Bulls!!

Basileus777 05-20-2008 06:25 PM

Pimping season tickets? Carl would be proud.

Oh and the Miami Heat should draft some dignity in the first...

Spott 05-20-2008 06:28 PM

The Heat should be used to being punked by Chicago. Chicago only had a 1.7% chance of getting the #1 pick.

ChiefsCountry 05-20-2008 06:30 PM

Hinrich might be out the door now that Bulls could be getting Rose.

Basileus777 05-20-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy McHaggis (Post 4760317)
Thanks for the heads up. See what the Bulls get. Oh and **** D'Antoni.

Haha. D'antoni must feel like a huge idiot right now choosing the Knicks over the Bulls. The Bulls already had the right players to fit his playing style, with the only need being a point guard who can run the fast-break. Now the Bulls can get Rose and have a perfect team for D'antoni to coach.

Spott 05-20-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 4760377)
Hinrich might be out the door now that Bulls could be getting Rose.

They really need a low post scorer. I would rather keep Hinrich and Gordon and get someone a big presence inside to open up more shots for those two.

Marco Polo 05-20-2008 06:35 PM

So who should the Bulls draft? I don't know their needs. Rose or Beasley?

KCGridironBeast 05-20-2008 06:38 PM

Seems like the Bulls are going to take Rose. I'd almost rather be in the number two position this year, considering how difficult of a decision the number one team will be faced with. It has all the makings of the kind of decision that could be a HUGE mistake in five years when one of the two turns into a superstar...for the Bulls sake, they better pick the right guy.

Fairplay 05-20-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 4760366)
Pimping season tickets? Carl would be proud.

That was really lame and cheesey. I was disgusted at him when he rattled off the number to buy tickets. He also seemed ungrateful at a number one pick, like they deserved it anyway.

dj56dt58 05-20-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 4760389)

they need both..Hinrich is ok..but I don't think you can pass on Rose. The Bulls are young and have a lot of talent, but never seem to utilize their full potential. Rose will make that happen

Spott 05-20-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 4760389)

IMO, they are set at the guard position. They have Hinrich, Ben Gordon and Larry Hughes who was traded from Cleveland. They have traded Curry, Chandler and Ben Wallace in the past couple of years and really don't have anybody at the 1 or 2 position that can score. They drafted Noah last year, but he isn't much of a scoring threat.

Basileus777 05-20-2008 06:43 PM

Now the Bulls need a coach who won't do everything in his power to destroy the rook's confidence.

Fairplay 05-20-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCGridironBeast (Post 4760395)
It has all the makings of the kind of decision that could be a HUGE mistake in five years when one of the two turns into a superstar...for the Bulls sake, they better pick the right guy.

Like Greg Oden being the number one pick last year. That was a disaster.

Spott 05-20-2008 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 4760396)
That was really lame and cheesey. I was disgusted at him when he rattled off the number to buy tickets. He also seemed ungrateful at a number one pick, like they deserved it anyway.

I've always been a Bulls fan, but I've always hated the schmucks that ran the organization. I hate to say it, but basically they got lucky back in 84 when MJ fell right into their lap when Portland drafted Sam Bowie. The Jerry's alienated Pippen, MJ and Phil Jackson. And since then they have drafted worse than Carl for the most part and have traded away all of the players that would have worked out for them like Elton Brand.

Miles 05-20-2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 4760414)
Like Greg Oden being the number one pick last year. That was a disaster.

In the long run it may not be too bad depending on how well Oden comes back from the injury.

Mecca 05-20-2008 06:49 PM

The Bulls have to take Beasley, they need a big man badly.

No team will ever win without one....and you know what lets wait till Oden plays before we call that a bad pick.

You in todays game are alot more likely to win with Greg Oden as your centerpiece than Durant.

ChiefsCountry 05-20-2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 4760408)
IMO, they are set at the guard position. They have Hinrich, Ben Gordon and Larry Hughes who was traded from Cleveland. They have traded Curry, Chandler and Ben Wallace in the past couple of years and really don't have anybody at the 1 or 2 position that can score. They drafted Noah last year, but he isn't much of a scoring threat.

1 and 2 are the guard positions, 4 and 5 is down low.

Miles 05-20-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 4760408)

I agree. They have badly needed a low post scorer ever since they traded Brand.

Mecca 05-20-2008 06:50 PM

Also for the record, Derrick Rose game doesn't translate that well to the NBA if anyone thinks he's Chris Paul they're mistaken..

His T/O ratio isn't that great he's a blah foul shooter and he doesn't have 3 range, he needs some developing for the NBA game. He has the body and the dribble drive but the rest he has to develop if he wants to be a top notch guy.

Basileus777 05-20-2008 06:54 PM

Rose's court vision is overrated, he isn't going to be a Chris Paul type passer. But since the handcheck rules were eliminated, quick point guards have become impossible to keep out of the lane.

But Beasley isn't the traditional big man either, he's an undersized scoring 4. He's a taller Melo.

Spott 05-20-2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 4760426)
1 and 2 are the guard positions, 4 and 5 is down low.

Ha, my bad.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-20-2008 06:55 PM

lulz at the Sonics. Eat shit OKC.

Fairplay 05-20-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4760425)
No team will ever win without one....and you know what lets wait till Oden plays before we call that a bad pick.

A number one pick last year and we have to wait to see him play?

That statement alone says that was a bad pick.

Mecca 05-20-2008 06:59 PM

Do you realize how hard it is to get a Center?

If he is a good player, which I suspect he will be because he is a plus blocker and rebounder then it was still worth it.

ChiefsCountry 05-20-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 4760446)

Not really. Spurs had to wait two years for David Robinson and that turned out okay for them. A potential franchise center is most valuable thing an NBA team can have.

Basileus777 05-20-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 4760446)

Not at all. NBA picks often take years to develop. Who cares if he missed one year, the bigger concern is how much the microfracture surgery affects his athleticism.

Mecca 05-20-2008 07:01 PM

Golden State is waiting on the PF they got last year, teams do it frequently. Jermaine O'Neal didn't step on the floor for 2 years.

Fairplay 05-20-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 4760453)
Not at all. NBA picks often take years to develop. Who cares if he missed one year, the bigger concern is how much the microfracture surgery affects his athleticism.

I'll try to remember this argument one year from now. If its the same, we gotta wait.............:shake:

The Bad Guy 05-20-2008 07:05 PM

Proclaiming Oden was a bad pick is ridiculous.

Every GM in basketball would have taken him #1 overall.

Hydrae 05-20-2008 07:55 PM

For Portland's sake they better hope this isn't Walton part deux.

Mr. Laz 05-20-2008 08:06 PM

Bulls need inside scoring .... badly

imo this almost guarantees that beasley is the #1 pick

Spott 05-20-2008 08:21 PM

I never got to see Beasley play much except for the NCAA tournament. Is he really good enough to be the #1 pick?

Mr. Laz 05-20-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 4760553)
I never got to see Beasley play much except for the NCAA tournament. Is he really good enough to be the #1 pick?

yes ... and this if from a KU fan, so it's not homer vision.

i'm trying to think of somebody to compare to, but can't really think of a good one.

let's just say that he plays with the ease of LeBron James but at a different position.

Basileus777 05-20-2008 08:35 PM

Beasley is worth the #1 pick, but he's not an Oden type prospect. He reminds me of a bigger stronger Melo. He's a great scorer who has a great inside-outside game. He can work in the post, has a great mid-range game, and can attack the basket and draw fouls. He's a good rebounder too. His defense is the question. He could improve defensively, but he's is never going to be someone who can anchor your defense. I don't think there is much chance he will bust because he will be able to score in the NBA, but he doesn't have the potential Rose has.

the Talking Can 05-20-2008 08:42 PM

poor Memphis.....they have gotten butt slammed in the last two drafts....

Spott 05-20-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 4760567)
yes ... and this if from a KU fan, so it's not homer vision.

i'm trying to think of somebody to compare to, but can't really think of a good one.

let's just say that he plays with the ease of LeBron James but at a different position.

Thanks. I have seen Rose play and wouldn't mind having him either, but they would almost certainly have to trade Hinrich if they drafted him.

BWillie 05-20-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4760429)
Also for the record, Derrick Rose game doesn't translate that well to the NBA if anyone thinks he's Chris Paul they're mistaken..

His T/O ratio isn't that great he's a blah foul shooter and he doesn't have 3 range, he needs some developing for the NBA game. He has the body and the dribble drive but the rest he has to develop if he wants to be a top notch guy.

I have to agree with Mecca on this one. Rose is a guy who averaged 14 points a game, granted on a good team but he just doesn't look dominant to me. He utilized his size well to take advantage on many guards in the college ranks which made it easier for him to do what he wants. He's not going to have that luxury at the next level. The fact that Rose doesn't have good 3 range doesn't help. I'm sure he'll be a good player, but the Bull's would be reeruned if the didn't pick up Beasley. He's like Carlos Boozer except he can shoot.

KevB 05-20-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4760429)

Chris Paul shot 28% from 3pt range as a rookie. It's not like he's a dead eye. Sure he has to develop, but he's got almost everything you want. He'll be bigger/stronger/faster than most PG's he goes against, so he'll be able to get by guys and finish and distribute. I think, depending on the team, you'll also see him become a good post-up guard. His shooting stroke is decent, so I expect him to get better there with repetition. He also just has "it". Can't be measured, but you know it when you see it. Memphis got out and ran quite a bit, but we're going to see this kid do some things on the court that a point guard isn't supposed to do.

Basileus777 05-20-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4760587)
I have to agree with Mecca on this one. Rose is a guy who averaged 14 points a game, granted on a good team but he just doesn't look dominant to me. He utilized his size well to take advantage on many guards in the college ranks which made it easier for him to do what he wants. He's not going to have that luxury at the next level.

He absolutely will. He still has a large size and speed advantage over most NBA pgs. With the way fouls are called in the NBA, he's going to be very tough to stop from getting to the rim. Rose will take longer to adapt to the NBA game than Beasley because he's a pg and won't be able to come in and be a good scorer immediately. But, he has more potential than Beasley and plays the more important position.

He's not a great shooter, but neither is Dwayne Wade or Tony Parker. No one can stop them from penetrating. Chris Paul isn't a very good shooter. Jason Kidd is a HOFer and never developed a jump shot. Plus that is something he can develop. He's a lot more likely to become a good shooter than Beasley is of becoming a good defender.

the Talking Can 05-20-2008 08:54 PM

passing on Rose because of Hinrich would be like passing on Dorsey because of McBride.....

I'm a KU fan, and I'd draft Rose in a damn heartbeat.

You also don't build great teams around the 4 spot...rarely....and Beasley isn't a power forward ala Duncan/Malone....you build a round great centers, guards, or wings a la Jordan/Bryant. I'm not even convinced that he'll be better than Odom.

I think Beasley will be an excellent pro, who scores a lot, but he won't be the centerpiece of a franchise the way Rose could be.

Rose isn't Paul. But he's a much freakier athlete, and taller, than either Paul or Williams (Utah).

And he's only 19. Take him. Build a team around him.

KevB 05-20-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4760587)
I have to agree with Mecca on this one. Rose is a guy who averaged 14 points a game, granted on a good team but he just doesn't look dominant to me. He utilized his size well to take advantage on many guards in the college ranks which made it easier for him to do what he wants. He's not going to have that luxury at the next level. The fact that Rose doesn't have good 3 range doesn't help. I'm sure he'll be a good player, but the Bull's would be reeruned if the didn't pick up Beasley. He's like Carlos Boozer except he can shoot.

His value isn't solely in his scoring. He's unselfish, and he knows how to run a team and be a very good player without chucking up 20 shots a game.

He will continue to be bigger/stronger/faster than the majority of the other PGs in the league, so that advantage will continue.

He'll certainly need to improve his perimeter shooting, but as I said in a previous post, Chris Paul shot 28% his first season and still put up 16 and 8.

BWillie 05-20-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 4760596)
He absolutely will. He still has a large size and speed advantage over most NBA pgs. With the way fouls are called in the NBA, he's going to be very tough to stop from getting to the rim. Rose will take longer to adapt to the NBA game than Beasley because he's a pg and won't be able to come in and be a good scorer immediately. But, he has more potential than Beasley and plays the more important position.

People say the point guard is the most important position right? Well the best point guard the last five years was Steve Nash. How many championships did he win? I think shooting guard is the most important. I thought that was interesting what one poster said before. 8 out of the last 9 NBA Champions had Shaq or Duncan playing for them.

Basileus777 05-20-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4760607)
People say the point guard is the most important position right? Well the best point guard the last five years was Steve Nash. How many championships did he win? I think shooting guard is the most important. I thought that was interesting what one poster said before. 8 out of the last 9 NBA Champions had Shaq or Duncan playing for them.

In the NBA you either need Michael Jordan or a dominant big man to win a championship. There aren't any of those in this draft. But with the way NBA games are officiated today, quick penetrating pgs have become almost unguardable.

I wouldn't compare Rose to Nash, they really have little in common. Rose is more like a bigger Tony Parker or a pg version of Wade. He is unselfish, but he isn't a Nash/Kidd or even Paul type of passer.

the Talking Can 05-20-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4760607)

actually, no one is saying that....everyone knows that centers are the rarest and most important players.....

but the choice is between a pg and slightly undersized power forward....great pgs are much rarer, there are lots of quality 4's coming out of college....

KCChiefsMan 05-20-2008 09:05 PM

I hope the Bulls take Beasley. Hinrich, Gordon, Deng + Beasley is pretty solid. They need a low post scorer like that. Rose is pretty damn good too, it would be a very tough choice.

Spott 05-20-2008 09:09 PM

I'm satisfied with Hinrich so far at PG and I think if Beasley is as good as you all say he is, then it would only make Hinrich that much better.

Mecca 05-20-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4760617)
actually, no one is saying that....everyone knows that centers are the rarest and most important players.....

but the choice is between a pg and slightly undersized power forward....great pgs are much rarer, there are lots of quality 4's coming out of college....

Some teams have been looking for a quality 4 for years...the Bulls are one of those teams.

the Talking Can 05-20-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4760630)
Some teams have been looking for a quality 4 for years...the Bulls are one of those teams.

they had one in Aldridge....and the fact remains that the quality of 4's coming out is much higher than the quality of pgs....

now, if Beasley were a monster like Stoudamire or Howard, then you draft him....but he isn't

BWillie 05-20-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 4760619)
I hope the Bulls take Beasley. Hinrich, Gordon, Deng + Beasley is pretty solid. They need a low post scorer like that. Rose is pretty damn good too, it would be a very tough choice.

I was really disappointing with the Bull's this year. They just fell apart, I don't know what happened. Hinrich had just a horrible season. After last season he looked like he was going to turn into a Deron Williams type of guy. I just don't think Ben Gordon is the answer. I'd trade Ben Gordon for somebody. He is a boneheaded player. He takes the worst shots at the absolute worst times. I'm not questioning his ability, it's there, but when I think of Ben Gordon I think of Jamal Crawford and that ain't going to cut it.

Basileus777 05-20-2008 09:18 PM

There is nothing wrong with the Bulls drafting Beasley. He will improve their team immediately and probably get them back in the playoffs. They have the defensive big men to hide his defensive problems and he will help their offense improve. Its funny that I actually ended up arguing for Rose here when i'd rather have Beasley on my team.

And I think Beasley would be a much better fit on the Heat. Rose and Wade are both slashing guards who can't shoot and need the ball in their hands to play. They don't complement each other well.

the Talking Can 05-20-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 4760639)
There is nothing wrong with the Bulls drafting Beasley. He will improve their team immediately and probably get them back in the playoffs. They have the defensive big men to hide his defensive problems and he will help their offense improve. Its funny that I actually ended up arguing for Rose here when i'd rather have Beasley on my team.

And I think Beasley would be a much better fit on the Heat. Rose and Wade are both slashing guards who can't shoot and need the ball in their hands to play. They don't complement each other well.

Beasley would be a great fit with Wade.....

BWillie 05-20-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 4760628)
I'm satisfied with Hinrich so far at PG and I think if Beasley is as good as you all say he is, then it would only make Hinrich that much better.

Hinrich is the epitome of an average starting NBA point guard. Does everything well, but nothing great. Hopefully he can progress into the upper echelon point guards with Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Andre Miller, Baron Davis, Billups and Deron Williams.

You look at Hinrich's production drop from last year to this year and you just can't make any sense out of it.

2007 16.6 PPG 45% FG's 6.3 APG
2008 11.5 PPG 41% FG's 6.0 APG

Mecca 05-20-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4760636)
they had one in Aldridge....and the fact remains that the quality of 4's coming out is much higher than the quality of pgs....

now, if Beasley were a monster like Stoudamire or Howard, then you draft him....but he isn't

Um Aldridge was never on that team...

Basileus777 05-20-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4760648)

They technically drafted him and then traded him to Portland for Tyrus Thomas. One of Paxson's idiotic moves along with dumping Chandler for trash so he could sign Ben Wallace.

Mecca 05-20-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 4760649)
They technically drafted him and then traded him to Portland for Tyrus Thomas.

I don't count those moves because that's how they have to be done in the NBA he spent about 5 minutes as a Bull so to me he was never on that team.

Basileus777 05-20-2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4760651)
I don't count those moves because that's how they have to be done in the NBA he spent about 5 minutes as a Bull so to me he was never on that team.

He could (and should) have kept him so I think his is still valid.

But Aldridge is a mid-post/slashing PF in the mold of Bosh, not a low-post scorer. Beasley can score in the post a lot better than Aldridge. Even so, trading Aldridge for an undersized PF with no skill set in Thomas was stupid.

Ceej 05-20-2008 09:31 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Chicago trade away Ben Gordon or Hinrich and take Rose with the first overall pick.

the Talking Can 05-20-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4760648)

yes, he was....and trading him was insane and basically ruined the team they were building....

Mecca 05-20-2008 09:45 PM

They apparently didn't like him because he was traded about 10 minutes after he was drafted which meant they had no intention of ever keeping him.

Mr. Laz 05-20-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 4760662)
I wouldn't be surprised to see Chicago trade away Ben Gordon or Hinrich and take Rose with the first overall pick.

instead of just drafting Beasley and plugging him with the existing guys?

bad move imo

the Talking Can 05-20-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4760692)
They apparently didn't like him because he was traded about 10 minutes after he was drafted which meant they had no intention of ever keeping him.

duh....

and that trade was unforgivably stupid....they had the player they needed, and traded him for a guy with almost 0 skills and a 70 inch vertical..

Basileus777 05-20-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 4760694)

bad move imo

Part of Chicago's problem is that they have a cheap owner who won't pay the luxury tax. Gordaon wants a big contract and Hinrich is already overpaid. But trading Hinirch and Gordon isn't a good idea unless they are getting a superstar or a legit big man. The Bulls need to consolidate their talent, they have too many people on their roster that need playing time as it is. Though a Rose/Thabo backcourt would look pretty good. They would be a huge mismatch with their size, almost like Detroit.

Ceej 05-20-2008 09:48 PM

I dunno. I sort of disagree. I heard several rumors that Paxson was trying to move Heiny or Gordon all season long.

I'm unsure about Beasley being the consistent, low-scoring big man at the NBA level. I see him more perimeter oriented. I dunno though.

Admittedly I don't follow the NBA a great deal. Only KU alums - for the most part.

the Talking Can 05-20-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 4760694)

bad move imo

you think you'll win a title with Hinrich and Gordon?

a nice but not great PG, and a undersized 2 who can't guard anyone?

Mecca 05-20-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4760695)
duh....

and that trade was unforgivably stupid....they had the player they needed, and traded him for a guy with almost 0 skills and a 70 inch vertical..

It doesn't help that even now when they suck they refuse to play him, he should be getting alot of minutes they aren't a championship contender.

Mecca 05-20-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4760704)
you think you'll win a title with Hinrich and Gordon?

a nice but not great PG, and a undersized 2 who can't guard anyone?

Every team in the league could find a place for Gordon, you don't turn your nose up at a scorer like him.

Basileus777 05-20-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 4760698)
I dunno. I sort of disagree. I heard several rumors that Paxson was trying to move Heiny or Gordon all season long.

I'm unsure about Beasley being the consistent, low-scoring big man at the NBA level. I see him more perimeter oriented. I dunno though.

Admittedly I don't follow the NBA a great deal. Only KU alums - for the most part.

He may be more perimeter oriented, but he has the ability and willingness to play in the post. Though he will probably have to rely more on his face-up game in the NBA because he won't have a size advantage over most NBA PFs.

Ceej 05-20-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4760707)
Every team in the league could find a place for Gordon, you don't turn your nose up at a scorer like him.

He's just horribly inconsistent. But, when he's on - he is on.

Ceej 05-20-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 4760708)
He may be more perimeter oriented, but he has the ability and willingness to play in the post. Though he will probably have to rely more on his face-up game in the NBA because he won't have a size advantage over most NBA PFs.

Bingo.

Basileus777 05-20-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4760707)

As a 6th man, not someone who wants 13 mil a year. Gordon's size creates mismatches for the opposing team because he can't guard his own position. It forces your pg to guard sgs all game long.

SithCeNtZ 05-20-2008 10:27 PM

I'm shocked the Bulls won. Shocked. Just like last year when the 2 most obvious teams "won" the lottery, the two most obvious won this years. Good thing too, the Bulls won me 400 bucks. Why more people didn't see this coming, I have no idea.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-20-2008 11:31 PM

GO BULLS!!!

I want Rose. He's a true point guard. I love Hinrich (GO KU!!!) but we need a true point guard.

You really can't go wrong with either, Beasley would give us a double-double for years, but point guard is a need and Rose is it.

DaKCMan AP 05-21-2008 06:06 AM

I'm relieved that the Heat got at least the #2 pick guaranteeing one of the clear top-2 players. Although I go back and forth every day, I hope the Bulls pick Beasley.